[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i've discovered a new type of player the shitplayer. like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: 1436108129248.jpg (56 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1436108129248.jpg
56 KB, 720x720
i've discovered a new type of player

the shitplayer. like a shitposter, shitplayers are people who fuck up the game because they can.

See, you might be thinking that i mean a That Guy, but a That Guy, in his retardation, believes he is not a that guy. "Oh my god my character is chaotic evil, of course I'm going to rape the cleric!" "What do you mean I died? I ran in first and tanked all of the hits as a level 2 wizard! IM GONNA FLIP THE TABLE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!" etc etc etc etc.

Shitplayers are people that are entirely capable of knowing that what they are doing is fucking factually wrong and improper, but they didn't get their way, and now everyone has to suffer. This isn't autism and lack of self awareness, this is petty hateful playing.

With that, let me tell my story.
>dnd, homebrew, good party
>sorceror, pally, bard and war domain cleric
>not bad
>sorc has fucking high charisma
>he wants to be the party's face, which is fair, he rolled an 18 for CHA while the bard rolled a 16.
>decides that rolling a 20 means that you automatically succeed on anything you try, and super do it
>meet villian of the first half of campaign, an insane, specifically killing elves and using their blood to paint a ghoulish mural on a living canvas that feeds on fey blood dark paladin
>"i roll to convince him to stop doing this."
>rolls 20
>villain takes a couple minutes to ponder, but he's so far gone it doesn't help
>in the minute he really, really thinks about it the party can prepare their escape
>time to kill the bard
>WAIT WAIT WAIT
>what is it, sorc player?
>I ROLLED A 20.
>yeah but you can't change his alignment
>WELL...WHAT THE FUCK...
>stays quiet and sullen the entire rest of the campaign
>>
>>46537956

>next week, shows up
>midway through getting quest reward he announces he's not chaotic evil and promptly slits the mayor of the town's throat and declares his raping of the daughter
>paladin tries to stop him
>sleep
>slits the paladin's throat
>DM: no you dont. you dont rape the woman either.
>WOW FUCK THIS GAME IS SO RESTRICTIVE
>decides to be good
>but constantly fucks around in combat
>"for my turn I do nothing while the wolves eat the bard"
>actually rolls a crit
>refuses to roll the extra damage die because "nat 20's don't mean anything in this game :^)"

I HATE THIS FUCKING KID.
He's not a that guy, because he had a really fine character concept, he was playing along, but the second he didn't get it way, he decided to nuke the game. For no reason.
>mfw he has a smoking hot gf that is the cleric and she just fucking defends him, even defending him on the violent raping thing
>>
>>46537956
>but they didn't get their way, and now everyone has to suffer.

Sounds like /tg/.
>>
>>46537960
just fucking kick him, you weak-willed cuck

if only you hustled as hard as you hate, you weak, low-testosterone beta
>>
>>46537956
Sounds like your average That Guy. Just show him in the rulebook where it says natural 20s only affect attacks and saving throws, and don't affect skill checks.

And IMO, you should have at least made a concession for the stupid high diplomacy roll. Have him rethink his ways and murder the elves in a more humane manner before going all Bob Ross.
>>
This is what "lol nat 20" memery has wrought.
It's not any more unlikely than any other number just treat it as a 20 for skill check DCs.
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 464x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 464x464
>>46537956
Yeah, me and my group will always shit up the game if the GM is bad. We have been doing this for at least 7 years now.
>>
>>46537956
To be fair a lot of GMs tend to treat 20's or 1's as spectacular successes and spectacular failures respectively. If they were used to that they might have been surprised by your ruling. Still kind of stupid given how evil the dude was but I don't think the player was That Guy.
>>
>>46537960
Oh and faith in humanity dashed.
>>
>>46537960
I've discovered a new type of GM: the superpussy. A GM so spineless that he can't boot even the most toxic players. So beta that he must post about it to a Greek bead painting BBS after playing MULTIPLE sessions with this little shit.

You are the reason players like this exist. You have legitimized his play with your cooperation. In your game, it's permissible.
>>
>>46538164
I find it hard to believe that you have been able to even read for 7 years now
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 650x600
>>46538259
I dunno, man. Your game sounds kinda shitty anyway.
>>
>>46537956
>discovered

Senpai, griefers have existed ever since the first MUDs. Griefers gonna grief.

Though with the way /tg/ defines "That Guy" I think /tg/ is more of a That Guy than most That Guys.

I've heard a lot of stories of shitty players and I could probably enjoy or at least tolerate most of them. But the way /tg/ demands that every game must fit THEIR definition of fun, fairness, appropriate content, good playstyle, or other metric - and that anyone else's views on the matter are clearly "That Guy" trying to rationalise his behaviour,
I think /tg/ would be too much of an intolerant "I am right and you are wrong" asshole to play with.
>>
>>46537956
Yeah, we have one of those too. I'd go into more detail but I think he browses this board.

>always wants to play the same stupid fucking fapbait race and character from his favorite anime, and it's "railroading" if that race doesn't exist in the setting
>blatantly cheats on rolls
>attempts to "optimize" by creative interpretations of rules and ignoring any limits or negative effects
>hates any system that isn't D&D 3.5, and attempts to use mechanics from 3.5 when playing a different system
>bitches about railroading and makes a point to ignore any plot hook
>spouts memes constantly
>bitches to other players about how shit the GM is and how much he hated the game after every single session
>only drinks fucking Coors
>tries to kill the entire party when any of the above doesn't go exactly his way
Fuck everything.
>>
>>46538067
>implying the first wave 'special snowflake', 'everybody gets a trophy' generation isn't already in their mid thirties
>implying this sort of problem is new
>implying modern social justice hasn't been around since the 1950s
>>
>>46538770
Sure, but it was cranked into overdrive the last 20 years.

You can't even play sports on school yards anymore.
>>
>>46538770
Yeah, I think the term social justice warrior was coined in the 50's by communist sympathisers. Although, this was also during a period where black people didn't get to use certain bathrooms and water sources out of spite. So there were more legit humanitarian concerns during this period. All this crap going on today is just a big joke that doesn't help anyone.
>>
i have a dear friend who shares similar traits, but to a lesser extent. still its worth 2 small stories!

story number one:
>novice DM makes up a big custom campaign
>we are fallen nobles whose families have been exterminated 15 years ago, we must track down, plot, and murder the 4 enemy noblemen who killed our families, while basically being rogues in our lost kingdom
>since our identity is unkown ( yet) we are hired as monster slayers by this kingdom and tasked to kill a red dragon
>we won't kill the dragon alone: we are just hired as additional help by one of the 4 noblemen we must kill , who is commanding 20 guards and planning to assault the dragon in the next days. he will fight with us.we are in a camp few hours from the lair.
>basically we can choose to assasin him during the night(hard) or betray him during the fight with the dragon, or even after if we convince him to make enough tactical mistakes and lose too many guards. Pretty cool isn't it? if we do it right we might not get blamed and have an easy time for the next target.
>we are diplomancing and discussing tactic with the "enemy" warlord, in the middle of the camp.
>we are playing pathfinder and That Guy is a Swashbuckler, with a giant scar on his face, always hiding with a hood
>he suddenly extract his rapier and attacks him. he just fucking does it, even if everyone at the table ask him not to do it and DM asks for confirmation 3 times
>we kill him in one round and then we are mercilessy murdered by the 20 guards sitting around; my cleric, who spent years plotting cold revenge plans, menage to airwalk away screaming " WHYYYYYY". campaign over.

second story coming through.
>>
>>46538804

Just go fucking die already grandpa. Playing outside sucks and you know it.
>>
>>46538804
I think a part of that is 9/11 making the west world post traumatic and reactionary. Hell, people seems to be having a hard time accepting the idea that ISIS is everyones self-declared enemy, that will never give up wanting to kill us and that everyone in the organisation should be viped out.
>>
You didn't discover shitplayers; they've been there all this time, playing cards like this one.
>>
>>46538859
Why didn't you just let the moron 1v1 the nobleman?
Or even better: defend the noble from the swashbuckler, thereby covering your tracks for later?
>>
>>46538929

>2016
>Believes ISIS is real

Good thing we won the "War on Drugs" too huh?
>>
>>46538998
Yeah, someone needs to redpill France and Belgium.
>>
>>46537956
I used to play with a guy who would fuck shit up just because. He didn't even need a reason, he simply liked fucking shit up for the DM and the rest of the players.

We kicked him from the group and he didn't even care, he even agreed that we were right in doing so, so I asked him why not try not to be a dick if he knows it's annoying for the rest. Turns out, he only gets his fun when fucking with other people.
>>
>>46538859
>new campaign, rise of the runelords, pathfinder,
>That guy is playing a NN druid whose background is " i am searching for my old master, i don't know where he is, also i am a master of the weather"
>since we are a casual group we ignore the fact that he has no emotional or background reason to stay with the group and campaign.
> the city is attacked by goblins
>in the span of 10 minutes his Neutral druid advocates for killing stunned and captured goblins, stealing food from the abandoned marketplace, robbing a unconscious nobleman.Cockblocked by everyone.
>fast forward some months; we are on the second floor of an haunted house
>i open the door, a badass Revenant, which definitely looked like a BOSS FIGHT starts rushing through us; wizard tells us "he is hunting for his killer"
>my paladin shout out" let him pass and everyone follow it, we need to know who reduced it in this state"
>everyone maves out

[cont]
>>
>>46539049
>That Guy jumps out of the window turns into an eagle " because it looks cooler than just walking out of the way"
>i tell him out of game " cool, now you can follow the revenant from outside, looking through the windows"
>he flies into the garden
>we follow the revenant down to the ground floor
>he dives into a water well. No reason given.
>we chase the revenant into the dungeon under the house
>he turns back into human, swim into the water well, find a small tunnel, goes through it
>the revenent leads us to THE FINAL BOSS OF THE CHAPTER
>the tunnel leads him into a small underground cave, he attempts to explore it
>he is attacked by a giant zombie bat; he hides into the tunnel
>DM has to rule that large creatures can't squeeze through that small place
>he can't get out because he can't climb out of the well and he is out of daily powers
>we, painfully, kill the boss, decide to keep the unexplored part of the dungeon ( which was connected to his cavern) for the next day, and failing to find him, we go back to city
>The next day we he flies to us, the conversation goes more or less like this
>" WTF dude, where have you been?" " i flied into the water well...[]" "why?" "because i wanted to explore it" " we were fighting for our life in that moment and i just gave everyone the order to chase that thing. you fled. this is unacceptable." " i have no obligation to follow your party"
>DM now demands indepth background stories from everyone, including "reason why your character is following this damn party".

>>46538990
it was a somewhat possible line of action, but , as he was closely connected to us, chances are we would have been imprisoned or killed anyway. In the confusion of the moment we decided for the fight; we didn't know how strong the guards were and how many rounds it would take for them to come. no one was mentally prepared to rationally face that thing.
>>
>>46538929
>I think a part of that is 9/11
Uh, no. They're not related.
>>
>>46539086
I used the Well in Rise of the Runelords to murder our fighter in the first book. The one with a bunyip in it.

'course having the Kobold Fish for a Bunyip using the fighter as the counter wait to a crude fishing rope wasn't the best plan.
>>
>>46538770
It wasn't anywhere near this bad even just as far back as the 80's.
>>
>>46538804
What?

Yes, kids still do/can.
>>
>>46538651
Coors is terrible, sounds like an awful guy.
>>
File: DSReeeee.jpg (74 KB, 505x471) Image search: [Google]
DSReeeee.jpg
74 KB, 505x471
>>46540631
>What?
>Yes, kids still do/can.
But to actually know that for certain, you would have to have gone outside, been allowed near kids, and accept reality....

Normie detected!
REEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>46537956
I prefer "instigator" thanks. :^)
>>
washi pis
>>
>>46537956
>>46537956
>"The BBEG ponders, his inner struggle apparent. You think you can see his eyes tear up as his voice breaks.

"I... I don't want to do this!" He says, barely maintaining his composure. "They... They have my daughter. Their spells are too powerful, I can't even talk..."
His throat opens, slit as a stream of crimson, warm blood bathes your character. It's not after the body falls that you notice a hooded figure... No, it is only a hood and cape fluctuating, with a wide smile suspended in the air where its mouth is supposed to be.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." It smirks. "You should never talk about the Delirium."
>star a new campaign, the players eve more creeped out.

You fucking disgrace.
>>
>>46538164
Is the GM not part of your group too? That sounds shitty.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>that nat20 bullshit

I roll to become an omnipotent omniscient God of all settings ever existed.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>46541796
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THE DICE ARE NOT FAIR WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IMMA REROLL WAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>46538834
This. Fucking this. Ive been waiting so long for someone to say this on this fucking site. Feminism actually did have a reason to exist back in the 50's and before. Today? Its a staple that has been overused and disgraced from its original intent as a means by individuals to become rich and recognized.
>>
>>46541459
That's more dumb than the original BBEG and OP's that guy.
>>
>>46541969

How so? Before the assassination I thought it seemed alright.
>>
>>46538804
Where in the fuck do you live
Also; are you a parent? Talk to other parents, go to the school board. Physical activity is important, especially at that age. Do something about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 519x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 519x382
>>46541566
In one instance a GM made a rule lawyerd GMPC waifu with maxed out stats, the best starter gear you could get, acted like his GMPC was the main character of the adventure and then claimed it was totally legit.

This was followed by him also making a healer GMPC named Gandalf to make sure his glorious main GMPC wouldn't die and having encounters that was balanced after his GMPC. This resulted in the rest of us getting our shit pushed in at all encounters.

There was also no indication of this horseshit until the adventure began.

So we all individually decided to be jerks and try to get his GMPC killed in an accident or just not doing anything during combat.

The waifu GMPC didn't die, but the healer GMPC basically healed us so much that he had to start convert mana to HP and then he died.
>>
>>46542322
No, you get "exercise" but not sports

Kids are told they aren't allowed to win, they can be told off for scoring too many touchdowns

You have to be safely mediocre
>>
>>46542628
Actually, that should be
>convert HP to mana*
>>
>>46538651
>I'd go into more detail but I think he browses this board.
That's all the more reason to go into as much detail ad you can. Draw him out so we can call him a fagit.
>>
I think part of being an adult is realizing you can choose not to play games with people you don't like
>>
>>46538536
This.
Though griefers is another term for that guys.
I just sit him down, talk like gentlemen about it, then if he continues to act like a but thirty faggot about it. Polity kick him.

thank fuck I don't play D&D any more.
>>
Why don't you just kick these people? I don't understand.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.