[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some help /tg/ Can't decide. I have a party of four:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1417843019157.gif (947 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
1417843019157.gif
947 KB, 640x320
Need some help /tg/ Can't decide.

I have a party of four: investigator, gunslinger, monk, and sorceror.

I (the investigator) am the only party member who isn't blind right now (status effect)

A skulk just appeared out of nowhere and asked two of us to follow her "to leader" while the other two PCs stay behind, less we die.

Here's the thing. I would attack a skulk, because they're relatively weak, but one skulk means more and my party members can't see anything. I haven't even let them know she's a skulk. The skulk doesn't know they are blind, because I suspect she would have made her move already. Instead, she's trying to split us up. What should I do?

Also, I'm acting under the extreme prejudice that there are no good skulks. Only skulks who are good at killing.
>>
>>46534549
So your question is basically "Should I leave two blind allies alone and go off to fight a bunch of skulks with one blind ally, or should I stay here and fight a bunch of skulks with three blind allies?"

I mean, it's not the best position to be in either way, but I think the answer is still pretty obvious.
>>
>>46534680
You're probably right. There was some small part of me that thought the skulk had a good reason for coming out of hiding to tell us to follow.
>>
>>46534549
What system/setting?
>>
>>46535133
If you can't tell that from the classes they listed, then you probably don't know enough about the system to have any valuable input anyway.
>>
>>46534549

Why are your party members blind?
If it goes away in time, then stall. Say you don't feel like it right now, or whatever you can get away with.
If not, well, you're kind of fucked, huh?
What level?
>>
>>46535174
I don't have any valuable input, but I'm curious about the system, as I'm unfamiliar with it.
>>
>>46535284
It's Pathfinder. It's incredibly odd that you're not familiar with Pathfinder, given its popularity, but if you really aren't, check it out for free at d20pfsrd.com. It's based on D&D 3.5, and is basically what D&D 4e would have been if WotC had gone with a logical evolution of the system instead of trying to shake things up.
>>
>>46535447
Ok, thanks. I know about pathfinder, have played it briefly, and know some of the rules (it's almost exactly D&D 3.5) with a friend who was running it, but I don't own any of the books so I don't know 100% about it. I saw the class "investigator," which didn't ring any bells, so I thought it might have been Shadowrun or something. I also did not know what a skulk was, another thing making me unsure.
>>
>>46535525
All of the books are under the OGL, so they're you can look at all the rules legally, for free, at the SRD site, if you wanted to take a closer look.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 598x812) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 598x812
>>46535447
>>logical evolution
>>
>>46535879
It takes the 3.5 base and builds upon it, with most changes being a marked improvement over the original. So... yeah, "logical evolution".
>>
>>46535900
/pfg/ here, what are you on and where can we get some
>>
File: image.jpg (284 KB, 425x556) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284 KB, 425x556
>>46535900
Evolution also produces albino blind cave fish

Pic related is the only good system to come of 3.5
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.