[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys... I want to do a campaign set in this world. I'm thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Zootopia.jpg (166 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
Zootopia.jpg
166 KB, 1000x500
Guys... I want to do a campaign set in this world. I'm thinking modern noir with mild fantasy elements (such as everyone being a talking animal). My group is all on board and we're willing to learn pretty much any system but nobody really likes GURPS. What other good systems are there for us to use?
I swear we aren't furries.
>>
>>46534138
Any generic system could work really.

Since fights weren't really a focus of the setting I'd recommend something narrative like FATE/FAE.
>>
>>46534187
We actually just finished a long campaign of FATE, so I don't know if they'd be up for another. Thanks though.
>>
File: 1460003781081.png (400 KB, 600x817) Image search: [Google]
1460003781081.png
400 KB, 600x817
Bump because I need ideas
>>
>>46534138
Ironclaw?

Mouseguard/Burning Wheel could work, depending on how much you feel like hacking it apart and putting it back together. The Natures aspect of the system could push characters into being more "animal-like" without forcing it, although you'd need to consider what might happen if someone went too far one way or the other. Also, that might be a bit too much for what you have in mind.

Other than that, I suppose any system could work. Just add the relevant abilities in claws/senses as needed, assuming you aren't trying something like Zootopia with mice-sized characters. I don't know which systems would handle this best, outside a few where it probably wouldn't work well. (D&D and WoD are probably a no-go with that idea.)
>>
>>46534138
>>46535658
Actually, let me mention one more.

World of Darkness does have a sourcebook named Changing Breeds. It's basically Werewolf-lite, with a bunch of different animal shapeshifters rather than just wolves. It does refer to the Werewolf: The Forsaken, but I think that was just for magic abilities. If you wanted to run a bunch of animal shapeshifters, or even just animal-people in a WoD system, then it should work.

Just note that some choices in the book are far, far more powerful than some other choices. The elephants and rhinos are incredibly stronger than the cat- or spider-people, for example. The book isn't concerned about balance, but rather on making sure each shapeshifter felt like the animal in question. It might work if you are planning an actual Zootopia adventure, but is probably disastrous if you wanted some sort of party balance for combat or physical tasks.
>>
>>46535658
>>46535883
Woah I thought this thread died. All I knew about White Wolf was just the core book so I need to check out the supplements. Burning Wheel I've never even heard of. Thanks man, I'll look into all of those.
>>
File: capn.jpg (66 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
capn.jpg
66 KB, 500x750
You could do Savage Worlds.
Pretty easy to slap together some custom animal people races.
>>
File: blacksad.jpg (171 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
blacksad.jpg
171 KB, 660x371
>>46534138
>noir
Did we watch the same movie, anon? Because I saw a kids' movie that didn't even have the surface aesthetics of film noir. That just wasn't what it was trying to be. Not every story with cops in it is noir.
>>
>>46534138

An investigation-focused game like Gumshoe would work great.
>>
>>46540208
But Gumshoe is awful at investigation-focused games.
>>
>>46535883
>using changing breeds
>for anything
Between the broken bullshit and the suggestions for zoophilia and furfags it's the worst idea. Use War against the Pure or just get the fuck out.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.