[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your PC's Finest Hour.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: the fall.jpg (400 KB, 1600x863) Image search: [Google]
the fall.jpg
400 KB, 1600x863
We have many threads about That Guy, That GM, and Epic Fails. So I want to hear about your favorite PC's finest hour.

"What do I mean by 'finest Hour'" I don't hear you ask because it's the internet and we're not on skype?

well, Encyclopedia.com defines it as:

"the time of one's greatest achievement..."

So share your story(s) of greatness and glory.
>>
> a thread that isn’t completely negative

Awaiting fake stories.
>>
Low level game and I was playing a bard who used the skill performance (Sing) instead of an instrument. His greatest moment was getting a modified 41 on a performance check while under a modified version of the spell shout (giving his song a truly huge range) when defending the capital from an army of dragonborn orcs.
The reason this was his finest moment?
Because the +4 to all rolls for 2d4 ( rolled 5) minutes bonus that it gave to every ally within song range we dessimated the enemy army to the point that we could actually stand a chance of a counterattack against the draco-cleric who spawned the now-dead army. Still playing the game.
>>
>>46533275
Okay I'll be the first to ask. How the fuck did you get a 41 on a performance check?
>>
>>46533300
Let's see. If low-level is assumed to be level 5 than that would give:
+8 skill ranks
+4-5 ability score adjustment
+5-10 magic item adjustment (2,500-10,000 GP respectively for those skill items)
+1-3 on the circumstance bonus
+1-3 with the modified spell effect.
So total modifier between +19 and +29.
>>
File: pine martin.jpg (154 KB, 1363x2048) Image search: [Google]
pine martin.jpg
154 KB, 1363x2048
>>46532084
>dat movie
>dem feels

Damn film alwways makes me cry.
>>
>>46532084
There was once a time in a Supernatural themed modern Call of Cthulhu game where I killed a whole vehicle full of cultists with one bullet. We were being chased by an SUV full of cultists while my character and another were in a shitty soccer mom van. One of the passengers of the SUV was firing on our van with an assault rifle and ended up hitting both me and the driver. After being shot in his good arm my character used the head rest of his seat to steady his sniper rifle (yes, a sniper rifle, I had no other weapons on me) and take aim at the driver of the SUV. After rolling a beautiful crit followed by my character shouting "Fucking automatics!" killed the driver with one shot and caused the SUV to swerve into an oncoming transport truck and explode, killing every cultist inside. Of course both me and the driver had hearing problems for a little bit, but he had the highest kill count with only one bullet.
>>
Got to bang the queen.
>>
>>46533199
>Awaiting fake stories.
Oh don't be so negative.

>>46533563
>Damn film always makes me cry.
Sorry for the feels
>>
File: dragonman.jpg (355 KB, 940x705) Image search: [Google]
dragonman.jpg
355 KB, 940x705
Well, my character was a cleric of an evil Dragon God. He was adventuring with the party largely in order to defeat servants of all the other evil gods and prevent their return, all while bringing the Dragon closer to his return.

It culminated in the epic battle with the cultists of the spider goddess, where our party and our army took their castle by storm. Victory would have been probably impossible, if I didn't use my Divine Intervention class feature. My god intervened and transformed our barbarian into an adult red dragon, who immediately burned an entire enemy platoon into a crisp with just one breath.

After we won and saved the country from the invasion of the dark gods, the Dragon God told me that the time has come. I've walked into the temple, killed it's immortal guardian and extinguished the Eternal Flame with his blood. The world trembled, and the Barrier that separates our world from the planes was ripped into shreds, once again connecting the planet to the Wheel and restoring the power to my god. His return from the ashes was heralded by fire and ash raining from the sky, bringing in countless demons that quickly destroyed the kingdom we've just worked so hard to save.

And this is one of the reasons why my party thinks I'm an asshole.
>>
>>46532084
I still wonder what role Darwin was filling in that party. I mean he wasn't exactly "the smart guy" in it, that was the role of the tree sage... then what the hell he was doing there?

But, getting back to the subject
Party going through "The Proposition" - go find the absolutely evil bandit in the wild or be hanged for your own crimes. If you won't comply, enjoy being hunted down like an animal, because the bounty after you is already send around.
Players traversed mountains, fought for their survival against elements and wild animals, met semi-insane remnant of the army detatchment sent to catch the bandit originally, made a fucking deal with forest devil (Slavic foklore) for clues, found one of the gang-members now working as a lumberjack, pressed him into showing them way and then went decided to went medieval on the bandits with the aid of the insane hermit and pressed bandit-lumberjack.
What they didn't anticipate was the fact that the bandits were mostly eaten away at this point and the actual menace was one of the gang members that had a bad case of curse for looting local altar. Sucks to raid werewolf lair in the middle of a night "for surprise factor"

It ended up with one of the fighters making a slide on the slippery cave floor under the werewolf to gut it from below

Took almost a month to play the entire thing, but everyone was deeply satisfied with the whole campaign.
>>
Not something I did myself, but my PCs did.

>Party is sent to an alternate 'bad' future.
>World is post-apocalyptic because BBEG has won.
>BBEG takes the corpses of strong warriors, including the party, and reanimates them, combining multiple ones with similar powers into a singe gestalt mind.
>Party encounters one of these warriors
>Warriors reveals himself to contain the mind of the party's fighter/leader, but has become much stronger and larger
>Party gets knocked around
>Everyone is bloodied an about to die
>Fighter charges his evil self
>Crits, does massive damage
>Uses his magic weapon to bull rush the warrior into a wall
(He's a dungeon crasher)
>He manages to kill him on the HP

That went exactly the way I hoped.
>>
First, "trial" scenario for almost completely green players. The mage of the group run out of mana, while one of the attackers was running away. Mage's reaction?
>I throw my sword at him
Barely any Throwing, subpar Perception, but ok, he wanted to throw...
>All die show maximal numbers
>Maximum damage roll
There was no other way - the bandit ended up with the sword going through his chest

We still like to bring this up almost a year later
>>
File: Bards.jpg (194 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Bards.jpg
194 KB, 1280x800
>>46532084
My bard once engaged in a negotiation with a black dragon attempting to rob the party. With a series of bluff, diplomacy, and appraise checks, I convinced him that a completely worthless statuette I had taken off an elf bandit like a year and a half ago (in real time) was actually a priceless relic. I gave it to him and he allowed us to pass his road.

Then the barbarian Leroy Jenkinsed the dragon and decapitated it, which sort of ruined the moment. But still, it was a pretty big win for Badger the Bard.
>>
>>46532084

My character in a nWoD vamp game once murdered a bunch of criminals that were running a child trafficking ring.
>>
>>46533300
Choker of Eloquence, from the 3rd edition Arms and Equipment guide. Only 1,500 gold for a +5 on most of your charisma skills, or +10 for 6,000. No bard should leave home without it.
>>
>>46539214
>Taking notes
Not a D&D player, but this shit might be useful in the campaign I'm planning to start this weekend
>>
Basically every session where combat ensues is a glorious moment.
Last session (KOTOR-era FFG Star Wars, for reference):

>investigating a Jedi temple on Devaron for Sith, the planet itself is blockaded by a Sith fleet but largely can't break through for a ground assault
>find APCs outside, meet some Sith acolytes who shit themselves on seeing us, one runs deeper into the temple only to be brought down, the others stand and fight only to be utterly destroyed in a hail of blaster fire and some lightsaber swings
>there are two doors on opposite ends of the corridor, leading west and east, so we do what no adventuring party should ever do
>we split the party
>the Jedi of the group go west, my Hutt heavy weapons guy and his Chiss techie/gambler buddy go east
>the fucking Jedi get lucky and find a room with holocrons in, we run into four Sith acolytes who are busy doing something Forcey
>they turn only to catch a storm of heavy repeater fire that blasts a pair of them, the Chiss throws a thermal detonator that kills the wounded and injures the other two, but catches herself in the blast
>the Sith recover from being surprised and attack us, one lops off the Chiss' arm
>it was holding another thermal detonator, and it goes off as it hits the floor, taking them both down
>the other engages my Hutt in melee combat, slashing away with the lightsaber
>my GM gets overexcited and rolls on the crit injury table, rolling high enough to kill outright
>but he forgot you actually need to deal damage to do so, and thanks to the obscene cortosis-plated body armour and some other stuff absolutely none of the saber strikes get through
>the Sith has to be content with having to use the Force to try and crush some organs, which he just takes like a boss
>>
>>46532084
My finest hour as a roleplayer was when I got a GM to forget to make me roll to deceive a guard by playing "infectious paranoia" really well.

In Only War I once threw a stun grenade at some airborne stormboyz. Got bonus xp for ingenuity.

In Rogue Trader my character's light cruiser consistently was MVV in ship battles and at one point moved inbetween a heavily damaged allied ship and a Chaos barge while cripleing the chaos ships weapons with a broadside.

In shadowrun I (alone) murdered a bunch of Yakuza by repetively running them over with my SK Bentley. I then turned their Hyundai Shin-Hyungs into lots of dosh.

In WHRP (2e) I ran to get help instead of fighting a demon, after chareging straight in and geting horibly hurt in every other fight before.

In Dark Heresy I did a powerslide through a pool of blood and smacked a heretic in the nuts with a shock maul.

In Pathfinder I launched a magic missile at a brigant.
>>
>>46532084
Well campaign died before we hit lvl 3 (5th D&D) but my dwarf cleric used his sledgehammer to turn a goblin to paste. Drove his skull down thru his asshole. Had to protect that caravan
>>
>>46532084
My first DH2e character ended his investigative career by suicide-headbutting an ascending Daemon Prince with two meltabombs

He was declared a Saint for that later, and the charred outline of his body burned into the rock is a pilgrim site now.
>>
>>46532084
Drove the largest kingdom in the world into civil war and then anarchy, which eventually led to the end of the world.
>>
>>46532084
His two children grew up to be powerful to achieve their dreams, Vasilius a divine champion and Diana a pankration fighter. Vanya would have liked that.

He saved many lives, including when he once talked down a man from commiting suicide.

He was elected as the emperor.

He personally believes his finest hour will be when he rescues his dear daughter from Lucian, that asshole of a hobbled sheep.
>>
>>46532084
Threw the halfling rogue of the party at a dragon. We were level 3 at the time.
>>
Probably the time my PC shot a demigod with an archeotech superweapon.

The tl;dr of the situation was that our PCs accidentally managed to release an ancient and overwhelmingly powerful spirit who had been sealed in a lesser form and chased it down to a primitive planet which it intended to destroy as revenge on those who bound it.

In its true form, the demigod was beyond our ability to fight. The one time we actually met it face to face, we realized we were outmatched and got the hell out of there sharpish.

At this point we were kinda screwed... Except my PC is a nerd. And in her nerding out along with one of the planets natives, she'd correlated some of their local legends and magical theorems with stories of an ancient superweapon. While the rest of the group did what they could to protect the planetary population, my PC went Indiana-jonesing for the superweapon, and after a few traps and some mild trauma we found it.

Then again, firing it wasn't easy. We had to complete an ancient activation ritual as well as patching its old and barely understood systems into our modern targetting mainframe to even stand a chance of hitting the bugger. And to keep him in one place long enough, a lot of our people were on the ground nearby, trying to hem in the demigod without getting splatted.

Along the way there were technical errors, attacks by summoned elementals and more issues, but finally we pulled it off. We got him in the right place at the right time, and my PC had the honour of pulling the trigger, and striking that fucker repeatedly with the biggest laser any of us had ever seen.

Unfortunately it didn't kill the fucker. Even after blasting him, we had a three stage boss fight to get through. Still, we won, and I'll still hold that moment in my heart as a highlight of my roleplaying career.
>>
Once we fought a Castellax robot in Dark Heresy and our psyker tried to cast weapon jink, failed and got perils. Then managed to roll the peril that disables all electronics, so he accidentally won our boss fight with a single peril.
>>
I think killing my opponents via rowboat "missile" is my best character moment probably.

Our party was running down the side of a collapsing temple full of cultists holding on for dear life to our party monk/sorcerer, who was transformed into a rock elemental, we all roll to not fall off an plummet to our deaths, all succeeding save our party summoner who goes tumbling off. I quickly roll to catch him, getting him by the boots, but ending up hanging off our rock elemental by my legs in the process, resembling a game of barrel o' monkey's .

The next round I lose my footing and go plummeting towards the ground attached to the summoner, thinking quickly he casts a spell of levitation which sends us up in the air, hurtling upwards past the rest of the party, but unfortunately with no way to slow down.
Caught between the possibility of being dashed to pieces on the ground below, and freezing to death in the upper atmosphere we realized we needed something to counter the spell and let us make a gradual descent, but nothing sprung to mind, until I remembered my characters robe of useful items.

I reached into the coat and produced the most solid surface and heaviest object I could: a rowboat. scrabbling into the boat mid air, we began to drop down and down, building speed, and as we approached the bottom of the temple we spotted a cluster of four cultists at its base.

Unable to attack them without falling out of the boat and needing to soften our landing I had an idea, I ask my DM what I'd need to roll to steer the boat to land on top of the cultists. He asks me to make a strength check, I roll a natural 20, angling the boat to land smack dab in the middle of them. The rowboat hit those cultists like an atom bomb, turning all three of them to splatters and jelly, with the boat landing miraculously completely intact. We dubbed that rowboat the "Murder Boat" and it eventually became my PC's most prized possession.
>>
File: 1276530040446.jpg (86 KB, 500x617) Image search: [Google]
1276530040446.jpg
86 KB, 500x617
>players approach BBEG's home
>invis white dragon reveals itself and freaks the fuck out of their army
>swashbuckler and cleric are hitting like crazy
>wizard can't beat spell resistance, druid becomes a bird and takes to the skies
>dragon thinks 'fuck this' and takes to the skies
>fly by tactics doing serious work on the parties health
>cleric and swashbuckler teleport on top of the dragon and keep hitting
>wizard finally beats SR with daze and the dragon starts to fall
>rolling some crazy dex checks the swashbuckler and cleric stay on and surf the dragon to the ground before bailing
>druid turns into a T-Rex(magic item allowing gargantuan transformations) and elbow drops the dragon from the sky

After that it didn't take em long to finish it off.
>>
>>46540384

>Tiny t-rex elbows seriously wounded a dragon

Sure buddy
>>
>>46532084

The tank threw my character at the boss on a ceiling. He managed to cut it up a bit before falling down and hurting himself on the floor.
>>
>>46533563
Can I ask you what film is this?
>>
>>46540955
What is flavour anon? The 12k pound dinosaur landing on top of the dragon did the damage.
>>
Either when I wrestled two tigers and won, or when my character one-shotted the BBEG mid-ascension with an RPG.
>>
>>46541219
The Fall? it's right on the Pic header.
>>
>>46538760
What are the other reasons?
>>
>>46532084

I was playing a rogue named Adell Weiss who over the course of his life had raised his younger siblings after his older brother starved.

Adell was a low ranking peasant. A thief. A filthy human. All his life society had shunned him for one reason, or another, yet he still did all he could to help whenever he could.

I think his greatest moment came around the middle the campaign. The party had been asked to stop a demon who their client feared was working to destroy well over half the continent.

After traversing the demon's keep they encountered him relaxing with his three succubi. Both the party and the demon took note that the party was in no condition to fight by this point, and he made each of them the same deal: in exchange for their offspring he would spare them, and the continent.

The sorcerer, wanting only fame, agreed.

The monk, desiring only strength, agreed.

It came to Adell, the rogue, a man not even out of his teenage years with a missing arm, a half burnt face, barely managing to stand. A man who had watched his brother starve while nobles grew fat. A man who had been spit on by nobles for being a peasant, by peasants for working with nobles, by elves for being human, and generally mistreated.

This half dead teenager stood as straight as he could and shocked both the demon and the party: "I'd rather die than give someone else to you."

Adell's greatest moment wasn't on the battlefield, or in shadows, it was just a single moment of defiance. A young man refusing to take a deal no one would fault him over simply because he refused to be the greedy, worthless, genocidal human thief society thought he was.
>>
File: not this one, baka.gif (308 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
not this one, baka.gif
308 KB, 480x270
>>46541219
>>
>>46538816
The tree sage was only part of the adventure for a scene or two, though, wasn't he?
>>
I killed an antediluvian in a fist fight.

That was a high octane fist fight too. Fucker had literal plot armor.
>>
>Black Crusade
Both my buddy and I showed upnqith Hereteks. I decide to change my augmentations around to become his Murder Servitor/Lab Assistant.
>being kept prisoner on a ship
>Break out with the rest of the group
>Make our way to the bridge and force a surrender out of them.
>Navigator thinks he's too important and talks a lot of shit.
>Kill him with a punch to the face (this would become a recurring theme)
>The other ships in the rogue flotilla start to notice the ships silence
> Queue the party face reenacting the Han Solo boring conversation scene
> Imperials that were chasing us warp in and open fire taking down a renegade ship.
> Buddy and I pass a notepad back and forth to represent binary chatter
> We look at the group, "Ramming speed and wait for our signal"
>Full speed ahead into the nearest renegade ship
>Huge collision, we don't look at the explosion.
>"Now!"
> We hit the warp drive and GTFO.
> DM looks smug, "Well now you're in the warp with no Navigator, good plan."
>"No, we don't have a navigator, but they do, and he better do his job if he wants to make it out of this."
>Dm's eyes go wide.

That's how we built our space hulk.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.