[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would like help figuring out what kind of modular terrain i can add.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: 4borden-1[1].jpg (130 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
4borden-1[1].jpg
130 KB, 640x480
would like help figuring out what kind of modular terrain i can add.
>>
File: sewer ladders.png (807 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
sewer ladders.png
807 KB, 1632x1224
>>46525335

the red circles are removable parts hiding ladders or big blocks i can replace with ladders

the yellow is block that fell off so you can see it can be removed.
>>
File: rioolsamenboven[1].jpg (110 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
rioolsamenboven[1].jpg
110 KB, 640x480
>>46525370
this is without stuff.
>>
>>46525335
Could we get some images of a decent size? That'd help.
>>
File: better.png (4 MB, 1524x1144) Image search: [Google]
better.png
4 MB, 1524x1144
>>46525604
>>
>>46526123
Ok, looks like there's not much ground-space so I think you might be best doing something like wall detailing panels. Sheet of something suitably hard, couple of support bits out the sides to hold it up, stick details to it like tapestries, computer panels, pipes and panels, that kinda thing. Perhaps with a built in lip at the top to help old in in place (to hook over the walls).

Make sure the colours used are bright, even if it's just machinery, to contrast with the grey bulk.Since you're working with what appears to be standardised sizing, floor inserts could also be done; paint/print some stuff for floor tiles and the like, cut to size and slot in place to vary things up a bit and instantly change room theme (crappy broken rocks to quality wooden floor boards to deckplates to carpet...)
>>
File: DSC02708[1].jpg (133 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DSC02708[1].jpg
133 KB, 640x480
>>46526287
this is for comparison

i was thinking of maybe making blocks of rubble that fit on parts of the black spots as extra cover
>>
File: 22866617.jpg (107 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
22866617.jpg
107 KB, 1024x680
What games do you tend to run?

It's pretty crowded, but games like necromundia or infinity could work OK. Zone mortalis could work, but you still use full 40k unit sizes.

Id add some platform buildings with nice sized flat roofs. To maybe cover some of the smaller ally ways. Or like watch towers, and maybe a sweet helicopter landing pad.
>>
What's the best modular terrain out there for roleplaying games like D&D, Fantasycraft, etc?
>>
These 2 youtube channels are very much related to this thread. Its a great resource for building dungeon tiles, furnishing them, etc.

theDMsCraft
TheDMGinfo
>>
It looks like you've got room to add random accessory crap like desks, terminals, ritual plinths, or whatever, which you could sprinkle liberally around.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.