[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG >>tex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 1399948570066.png (838 KB, 853x1024) Image search: [Google]
1399948570066.png
838 KB, 853x1024
Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>>textuploader <dot> com / 52c6a
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
>https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
>https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
>http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
>http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
>http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
>http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged:http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
File: 1438112297595.png (738 KB, 584x600) Image search: [Google]
1438112297595.png
738 KB, 584x600
>>46522253
>Along with the game

Big things are coming boys.
Big things.

I don't think Warjacks will ever be played by you min/maxing shitheads but at least new things will be played.
>>
File: 1442484341538.gif (63 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
1442484341538.gif
63 KB, 800x480
Well this thread is about as dead as can be. I know this game isn't any fun but people actually play it, right?
>>
File: 1447026300905.png (383 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447026300905.png
383 KB, 500x375
>>46525260
Eh, good riddance. DGI is just in it for the money and were just a bunch of shitty tourneyfags. Hopefully Muse shortly follows suit
>>
>>46525260
Somebody is always saying this like it means anything...
>>
Well, I'll be the first to pose dumb questions then.

My FLGS plans on running a blood sweat and tiers tourney, and I'm stuck on who to run. I play Mercs/Minions mostly, with a little bit of cygnar. Opstions are:

pMagnus-Most Wanted
+5 Point Renegades
+Long Gunners with Snipe
+Access to Boomhowler, Gorman, Saxon, Midwinter
+Free pre-game casts on a resourceful caster.
-Requires two steelhead units to go up tier, and advance move on halberds isn't too sweet
-What does one do with Wreck Markers?
-Can't take some of the sweeter Merc Units

Damiano-Free Company
+Two Units of Cav
+All the Bodies
+Dr. Nick gets work done with all the steelheads
+Stannis is actually really useful
-Buying two units of Cav
-No Alexia for all the bodies
-Pretty much Locked into Steelhead only, final destination

Barnabas-Apex Predators
+Posse Spam
-Trog Tax
-By the time you get to the heavy discount, You'll need it.
-let me tell you about how useful 3" shallow water is...
-No croaks, common in Gator tiers

Jaga-Jaga-Voodoo Dolls
+Actually lets you use the battle engine, and at a discount
+Deployment Zone extension in Gators
+Boneswarms, Feralgiests, and dead fish get advance move.
-Starting with Jaga's upkeeps isnt' exactly sweet.
-No croaks, no swamp gobbers
-Don't think Wrong Eye counts as "Magic Ability", meaning two witchdoctors or grabbing the new fish man.

Do I run with one of these, or bite a the bullet and go Chan Gang?
>>
>>46526524
Run A Pirates Life and drink your opponent's delicious tears
>>
File: Asheth Eastwood.jpg (99 KB, 255x302) Image search: [Google]
Asheth Eastwood.jpg
99 KB, 255x302
>>46526524
Of those I'd go either Magnus or Barnabas. Really depends on what you have/enjoy most desu.
>>
>>46522873
New pasta:
>> textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h

I reuploaded NoQuarters from 01 to 34 and added NQ 65

>>46526524
> -What does one do with Wreck Markers?
Hide in them. It's a cover, after all.

I'd take Damiano. Steelheads are fun. Unless you don't really want to buy that cavalry. Then Jaga-Jaga
>>
>>46526524
I'd go with pMagnus. The Wreck means, you can give blur to something else, or go to "you need boxcars to hit " level of defense against ranged.

What about the ranged steelheads?
>>
>>46528037

Steelhead Riflemen are 5/9 for POW 11 shooting. They have some neat rules like combined arms, but they overlap with the Long Gunners really badly. I need one or the other, and Gunners are better at the drop n' pop. On the other hand, The cav are crazy go nuts, but don't get the advance move. I may go back to 1 full Halberdier/1 min Cav.

it's a choice between the Long Gunners and the Riflemen. Long Gunners do the static shooting double tap while the riflemen loose nothing by moving. I really like the second shot on the pop n' drop, I'll have to test it out.

Forgot wrecks gave cover, combined with Blur that can get crazy. I thought it was a difficult terrain thing.

>>46526643

I damn near bought Shae because of his tier and the commodore. If the TO allows proxies, I'm doing it.

>>46526672
I like running Magnus, Barnabas and Rask are my two most used Blindwater casters. I usually run Damiano in Highborn, so tier is really weird. Again, proxies solve my problem with the Cav. It's a very "Apply axe to face" kind of list, the one I made had 30 halberdiers, ten cav, the solos, min rifles, and Rocinante. I'll have to play around not having that highborn support and lacking Gun Mages.
>>
Convergence fag here:
have we gotten new stuff yet?
>>
>>46529072
Nope
>>
>>46529072
>>
>>46529072
They've showed us the Sprue for the Conflux, and said there's more than that coming(though not a warcaster).

Conflux is estimated to be early release at L&L, and we might see some other hints or spoilers there as well.
>>
>>46529566
It sucks that we still have to wait two months to hear anything about anything.
>>
>>46529780
L&L promises to be pretty crazy.

New Hordes faction, new Errata, new Steamroller doc, at least some of the Colossals there, keynote, and god knows what else.
>>
I want to get into this game and know nothing about it, I like the Khador aesthetic, especially the Kommander Kratikoff model. Do I just go for the starter box? What books will I need?
>>
>>46529929
The only book you really need is the rulebook http://files.privateerpress.com/articles/freerules/Prime%20MKII_eBook_free.pdf?pdf

The starter box is an okay starting point for Khador. Sorscha's a fine caster and the juggernaut is a decent cheap beatstick, but the Destroyer's kind of crap. Just know before you get started that Khador is not a faction that likes running many jacks and that ManoWars suck.
>>
>>46529927
Best/worst birthday weekend

Plz dun nerf too hard
>>
>>46530017
Oh Really? What faction does like their jacks then? Or are they rare across the whole game?
>>
>>46530082
Menoth and Convergence.

Other factions have ways of doing jack heavy(including Khador), but they're very specific style lists instead of something the faction does.

I guess the thing is that almost everything in the game can be made at least semi-viable, but it takes a lot of work, specific lists, and a really good handle on the game mechanics.
>>
>>46530082

Very rare across the whole game.

The combo centric nature of battles means the activations infantry provide eclipse the concentrated force Jacks provide.

Expect to see little jacks aside from the one folks are required to take.
>>
>>46530082
If you want to use Warnouns, I recommend playing a Hordes faction. It's much more viable to run a beast-heavy army than it is to run a jack-heavy army. Heck, if you're playing Skorne at 100 points you can run both beasts AND jacks in the same list Don't play Skorne

I know Circle can run lots of beasts fairly well.
>>
>>46529927
>New Hordes faction

My guess: A power which underwent a pact with Infernals.
>>
File: IMG_20160408_013906477.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160408_013906477.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
My god this piece of shit is taking forever to paint.
>>
>>46531317
They said its not infernals. I wouldnt mind some kind of Ogren faction
>>
>>46531576
I have understood that only a direct infernal faction was excluded, not something like the warriors of chaos from warhammer.
>>
>>46531704
It would destroy the entire thing about how the infernals work.
>>
>>46531505
You're still working on him?

>>46531576
Ogrun can't even use magic, but that would be awesome. There are enough Ogrun models around nowadays to make an entire army of them sans a caster though.
>>
>>46532477
I'm sure theres a handwave for that. Speaking of, are warlocks and warcasters mutually exclusive? I always wondered because Asphyxious was both
>>
>>46533864
>I always wondered because Asphyxious was both

Asphyxious was a druid, that doesn't necessarily mean he was a warlock.

Also, he's not technically a true warcaster. In fact, many of the Cryx "warcasters" aren't true warcasters. Being a warcaster requires a certain inborn magical talent to manipulate latent magical fields which is how they connect with warjacks and manipulate mechanika, by tapping into and manipulating the magical fields that control/power them. Guys like Asphyxious lack this particular talent, but due to their skills in necromancy are able to affect Cryxian mechanika in a near identical way since Cryx's mechanika incorporates necromantic elements and energies into them.
>>
>>46534068
so does this make gaspy more or less of a mary sue?
>>
File: IDonMyBondageGearAndWizardHat.jpg (389 KB, 1081x1368) Image search: [Google]
IDonMyBondageGearAndWizardHat.jpg
389 KB, 1081x1368
When the fuck did this happen? I left the game for a little bit, and Zerkova got awesome-er
>>
>>46537005
Last book.
>>
File: 1440363281993.jpg (18 KB, 258x445) Image search: [Google]
1440363281993.jpg
18 KB, 258x445
>>46537005
>>
>>46537005
I wonder if she uses her subs in her lesbian relationships with the queen.
>>
>>46537005
I still can't make her work.

I just feel like I'm playing a diluted P Sorcha
>>
>>46534068
I've never read that before. The forces of cryx book says that cryx has the most warcasters, it never says they are fauxcasters tho
>>
File: Lich Lords.png (933 KB, 1600x309) Image search: [Google]
Lich Lords.png
933 KB, 1600x309
>>46537404
>>
>>46537581
That just means you can continue acting as a warcaster after you die, not that it turns scrubs into casters
>>
>>46537614
>with the equivalent of warcaster talent.

It's straight up saying that the Lich Lords aren't warcasters.
>>
Let's be real. This game is dead isn't it? two years ago we were regularly hitting thread limits. Hell, even a year ago we were.
>>
>>46538363

pp has been on lockdown news-wise so there won't be too much to discuss until probably lock and load, maybe sooner if stuff starts leaking
>>
>>46538363
Every thread on in the general has hit thread limit for a while back.

I think I've seen one thread die before it auto-saged since the new year.

But there is a thing where PP isn't telling anyone anything, and it's sort of leaving people with nothing to talk about.

I mean, shit is going to get weird, I think. Even if L&L is only what we know about(Errata, Steamroller 2016, modifications to tier lists) it's going to shake things up pretty big(unless all of those things are duds, which is a problem for PP). And that's not getting into the fact that they might be doing something drastic with the game, thus the silence.

Where I think PP has failed is that in the last couple NQs, they've given spoilers for shit no one cares about. Spoilers are a good way to keep people interested in the game with discussion, but the spoilers have to be worth talking about. We've seen three solos no one but gators give a shit about, and they're not even really doing anything crazy for Gators, just giving them tools.

Like, they need to spoiler big shit at times like this. The Conflux is a great example: spoilering that is going to get everyone talking, because CoC players are going to talk about what to do with it, and everyone else is going to talk about what to do about it. Again, provided it's worth using, but hey.

Warnouns are the big one for this, because you can theorycraft warnouns for forever. Again, provided they aren't shit.

I think that's where PP has really dropped the ball. Between that and the fact that it's incredibly difficult to judge if they ever listen to their player base(Seriously, they should be using the Insider to address issues, not fucking talk about L&L registration), the community is just in a drought, and there's nothing to talk about.

I mean, it was absolutely true that PP needed to slow shit down, but we need evidence that they're actually doing something in the gap.
>>
>>46538581
There is an announcement coming up in under a week for something big.
>>
>>46532477
>You're still working on him?
My painting schedule is hardly steady I'll admit, but there's detail and armour trimming everywhere.
>>
>>46529927
>New Hordes faction
what ar the rumors of what's going to be? It might attract me back into the game.
>>
File: rGlAk2pl.jpg (79 KB, 510x640) Image search: [Google]
rGlAk2pl.jpg
79 KB, 510x640
>>46531505
You thought that was bad, this guy took three whole days to finish. So much gold.......
>>
>>46532477
>Ogrun can't even use magic
The same was true for humans.
>>
>>46539479
Nice work.

did you use washes? Teach me your ways senpai.
>>
>>46530044
needs nerf, please nerf, NERF HIM HARD.
>>
File: Every_Warcaster.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Every_Warcaster.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>46539961
>Implying Warcaster Analogues Can't exist
>Implying Ogrun can't revolutionize their tech
>>
Yo, anybody that plays Ret, how is Ravyn? I'm looking at getting into Ret with her.
>>
>>46531576
Ogrun faction is basically impossible. From a tabletop standpoint savage ones are already represented in Legion, and civilized ones are already represented in Searforge, with others being scattered around other factions. From a fluff standpoint you've got the same problem, basically the entire race is accounted for and integrated into existing factions.

Oh and they can't use magic.
>>
>>46540986
Do you know what "to imply" means? cause I was doing nothing of the sorts.
>>
File: seacat origin story.png (182 KB, 830x974) Image search: [Google]
seacat origin story.png
182 KB, 830x974
>>46541015
>the buff humanoid race is incapable of using magic
>>
>>46541005
Ravyn is amazing, she's tournament competitive, has some pretty neat abilities...
But I fucking hate her model =/= I never play her. Just the way I tabletop logic.
But if that doesn't affect you, go ahead, easily in Ret's top 4 casters.
>>
>>46541032
hahaha
>implying he doesn't know what implying is.
>>
>>46541083
I didn't imply that either. I outright stated it.

>>46541005
She might be fun if you don't play her in tier. Her tier is probably the most boring part of the game.
>>
>>46541092
>implying you've never witnessed implications of these massive impl-magnitudes.
>>
>>46538581
Agreed with pretty much everything you said.

Issue with PP is definately their lack of marketing acumen. Solid game, solid models, the glaring issue is that there is almost no communication or feedback between company and customer.

On a lighter note, spamming griffons with eVyros (already one of the funnest things to do) is going to get a whole lot more shenaniganier (not a word but should be) thanks to DJ Helios.
>>
>>46541196

I honestly think they need to rework a big chunk of their model selection.

My local store stocks PP and I buy from them even though I don't play all that often anymore, but so much has been left to rot on that shelf.

The new Free Rider Policy does nothing to move bad product that LGS bought into

>>46541092
>Implying you know how implications work on 4chan
>>
>>46541364
>Implying you know how implications work on 4chan
Are you implying you do?
>>
>>46541522
>Implying anyone does
>>
>>46541364
People have been calling for a rework for years, and it is absolutely something that should happen. The thing of it is, this silence might be it happening, for all we know. The new Errata document could be fucking massive and have some drastic changes in it.

But PP isn't telling us shit about what they're doing, which is the problem.
>>
>>46542231
>The new Errata document could be fucking massive and have some drastic changes in it.
That would indeed be much appreciated. Would be nice if we could get an updated rule pdf aswell then.
>>
>>46537666
"Cortexes and arc nodes...have been designed to answer the mental comands of the undead as they would the living. There is no inherent difference between a natural born warcaster and a lich"

I guess theres two ways to intreperet the passage, if the only thing that makes you a warcaster is that you've been trained to controll robuts with your brain.
>>
>>46542763
The full sentence is "There is no inherent difference between a natural born warcaster and a lich lord FOR CONTROLLING WARJACKS ON THE BATTLEFIELD."

When it comes to controlling warjacks, it's pretty much the same thing, but that's it. Warcaster talent is an inborn trait that lich lords don't have, they can just achieve an equivalent ability when using specially designed necromechanika. If they were using regular, non necromantic warjacks they'd be pretty well fucked.
>>
Has anyone here tired using Vassal to play? Is it worth a try?
>>
>>46538543
I hope they change this policy. It's especially dumb right now, as all it leaves people to talk about is the online retailer policy change.
>>
>>46538681
Cocktease.
>>
>>46538581
At this point with the slowdown and new Hordes faction coming I'm expecting Mk2.5 or Mk3 to be announced at L&L.
>>
>>46542231
They're not going to just rework the whole line. They'll continue to rework stuff as it goes along, trying to work with the SKU bloat problem while they do so.
>>
>>46542231
Big edition changes tend to cause a huge dip in sales prior to the release.

It's fairly good practice to only announce a new edition/revision as soon as everything is ready for a large scale release.

I don't think we are getting a full revision, but I am pretty sure that we are going to get something to shake things up. Maybe a restricted format. I can't wait to see a certain poster on the forum throw a bitchfit if something like that gets announced. :P
>>
>>46543610
I'd expect a Remix-style release at L&L. Mk3 coming out would be weird, as the last two books have a lot of centerpiece models that haven't seen the light of day, and won't during Mk2.

Simultaneously, though, maybe that's why Splatterboars are so ridiculous -- put OP model in book, change editions when it actually gets released.
>>
>>46543635
I can see the rumored timeskip finally happen though.

Imagine no longer having to see any of the fucking Cygnar casters anymore. No Cryx casters in their current incarnation.

It would be a fucking dream!
>>
>>46543344
I played 40k on it about 6 years ago, and it was fine. Of course my opponent was in the same room...
>>
The starting Convergence human requires your aid.
Should i pick Battlebox? I want a jack-heavy army, which models should i consider using? Not like their heavy infantry is bad on looks or something too, but i want MECHANICAL SUPERIORITY stuff.
Oh and overall advices would be nice to hear.
>>
Mk3 is going to make Menoth the most OP faction. Calling it now
>>
>>46544280
Yes. Get the battlebox and also get a Corollary while you're at it. Then play a few games and expand from there. Syntherion (the caster in the box) is THE jack caster. So to expand you will want an Optifex Directive and more jacks. Which jacks? All of them!
>>
>>46543466
This is what I'm hoping for as well. Although this means that the new hordes faction is going to suffer a lot like ret did at start of mkii.

The nature of the game has changed too much. I really want an overhaul
>>
>>46544331
That would make me happy.
>>
>>46545170
Hell, me too.
>>46544434
All of them? For what reason? Do i need some sort of solo guys for my army aswell, and if yes, then whom?
>>
Just started a campaign in IKRPG with some friends (I'm not the GM, Im just playing).

Am I dumb for playing Gun Mage/Seeker or is that an alright start?
>>
>>46543695
After the End Times I'm not super interested in major fluff shake ups
>>
>>46545742
Don't try to think mechanically for the RPG. Everyone is bit samey in the raw statblock so long as you have two kits that you like in your class, go for it.
>>
>>46544280
Give me like an hour and I'll give you a pretty solid rundown of syntherion and how to play him
>>
>>46544331
>Mk3 comes out
>Molik Karn now doesn't have Sidestep
>>
>>46546809
Okay, that would be really nice of you.
>>
>>46546998
I'd be okay with no reach and -1 point.
>>
>>46547081
>No reach
>Giant fucking swords
Hey buddy fuck you.
>>
>>46547100
>giant swords
Hardly.
>>
File: 74037_MolikKarn_WEB[1].jpg (336 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
74037_MolikKarn_WEB[1].jpg
336 KB, 600x600
>>46547117
Nigger no.
>>
Cinerator UA incoming:

Whole unit gets blessed and shield guard
>>
>>46547216
Source
>>
>>46547216
That is most definitely not what it does. But you are right in that there is a UA coming.
>>
>>46547015
Ok, so Syntherion.

He's the best jack caster in faction, and one can argue in the entire game. He's not as specialized as other casters, and one of his strongest points is that he can just do about everything.

Syntherion loves himself some jacks, and loves himself some all jack armies. All jack armies can be quite tricky to play, because they're loaded with a lot of high quality, but low quantity attacks, so it's very important to make up for that. Syntherion mitigates this somewhat, both by nature of the jacks being able to produce more attacks than most other factions and by making even more of their attacks higher quality.

Ok, so Convergence primer: Order of activation is super important for you. It's ultimately super important for everyone who plays the game, but it's more important for you earlier in your learning career. This is basic CoC stuff, I can talk to you about it, but let's just talk about Syntherion.

First and foremost, Synergy. Synergy's a great spell that will lose you games, so let's discuss it.

Synergy gives you +1 to hit and +1 to damage on melee attacks for every other model in the battlegroup that has hit an enemy in Syntherion's control area. So if you've got 8 models in the group and the first of them hit an enemy, the last model has +7 to hit and +7 to damage. This can be incredible, and can make for some pretty insane moments, but you have to be careful. It's important to understand how much synergy you actually need in a given turn, and what you have to do to get it. This is a bigger deal in timed games: I've beaten eVyross players(another Synergy caster) simply by having them blow too much of their clock making the perfect synergy chain instead of winning the game. This isn't like, an imperative thing, but it's important to understand to get better with Syntherion. He's an all around caster, so focusing just on Synergy loses some of what makes him good.
>>
>>46545601
>All of them? For what reason?
Well you should get at least one kit of each kind of heavy warjack (walker and floater). Then magnetize those and play the jacks to see what they are like. But first of all: Battlebox+Corollary+Optifex Directive. I think that's 15 points exactly.
>>
>>46548281
So, Syntherion's big deal is that he shoots super well AND melees super well.

This is where he makes his money, is that he can fuck an enemy up at range and in melee. A lot of learning to play Syntherion well is understanding when you need to do what: against some armies you need to hang back and shoot, against others you need to be in their face, and others still you need to do some of one and some of the other. This generalist nature means he plays into a lot of shit, he has far fewer bad matchups than most casters do, and he can often take a bad match with good play.

We already talked about Synergy, so let's talk about his other spells:

Hot Shot - Auto boosts all ranged damage rolls. This spell is huge, especially when you cycle it. As I said before, Convergence jacks can shoot like crazy, and this makes their shooting that much better. With Ciphers, it lets you clear entire units of low ARM infantry, with Assimilators, it lets you ruin the day of high ARM infantry. With the Colossal, you end up putting out a stupid amount of damage rolls.

Reconstruct - Lets a jack stay alive when your opponent kills it, and moves it to safety. Reconstruct is a pretty big deal for a couple reasons. You're already bringing a lot more heavies than plenty of lists can comfortably deal with, and now you're making it that much harder to kill one of them. More importantly, this makes it incredibly difficult for your opponent to clear zones: if they kill it, you just move it to where it's still contesting but they can't attack it again, and now they're fucked.

Magnetic Hold - Syntherion has a lot of good spells, but this one is the best on his list. -2SPD is absolutely bonkers good on a lot of things. You can take an entire unit out of play with this spell, or an enemy heavy you're worried about. The -2DEF helps with your shooting, and the +2" of charge means that Syntherion's heavies are a lot faster than they first appear.

His damage spell is crap.
>>
>>46548414
Ok, so let's talk Jacks

Corollary - YES. Every caster loves themselves the Corollary, but Syntherion loves it the most. It's vitally important to his game plan: the +2" of control helps with his Synergy game, the focus allocation lets him have more jacks do more shit in a turn.

Light jacks
The lights all come with 360 vision standard, which can be a boon and a curse. It's mighty useful for wonky charge lanes, getting things into melee, and other weird stuff, but it also lets your opponent be a lot more flexible in his movements to avoid freestrikes.

>Galvanizer
Mostly you get the free one from his tier. Not a bad jack, 3 points for a POW12 isn't bad, the repair can be useful, and extra synergy is always good. It can be deceptively powerful if your opponent ignores it, a MAT14, POW20 light jack can surprise the absolute shit out of some people if they don't understand what Synergy does.

>Diffuser

Laughable POW(but Synergy is synergy), but a nice, cheap gun. Importantly, the gun is hyper accurate(RAT5 with rerolls means it hits 13-14 unboosted reliably and 17 boosted) so it can hunt non-stealth solos, but it's gun also gives Hunter, for free charges and +2" of charge range. Combine that with Mag Hold, and your SPD4 jack is now charging 11". 1 is practically auto include, 2 can be quite useful. More than that and just go play Mother.

>Mitigator

Toolbox jack. 3" AOE auto point is great for killing high ARM single wound models, knockdown on direct hit can be nice, but it's low range kind of hurts it. I personally don't use them, but there's certainly a place for them. Hilarious tech: If your opponent jams your quad jacks out with single wound infantry, you can shoot it in the back. One point is nothing to the heavy, and the AOE should catch the infantry if they're B2B.
>>
>>46548700

Quad Jacks

All quad jacks have four legs, and come with Steady standard. This is a nice ability to have, prevents a lot of enemy denial.

>Cipher
Workhorse jack of the faction, combines two high POW weapons with a toolbox gun. The gun has three firing modes: POW6 blast doesn't seem useful until your remember Hot Shot above, Rough terrain can be absolutely killer against certain armies, and Flare can set up for some bigger things later on. I run one of them in pretty much every list, it can almost always have something to do against my opponent.

>Monitor
Solo hunter of the group. Has the longest range gun in the game and ignores most ranged defensive benefits. It's got a decent POW of 13, and Crit Brutal can see it do a lot more damage than you suspect, but it's not incredibly reliable. A single POW17 melee weapon is fine(and with Synergy, always a threat), but Sustained Attack isn't nearly as useful as it seems. If it's just building Synergy, you likely only want one hit, and if it's later on in the chain, you're so high MAT that it doesn't really matter. I use them a lot less these days, as I no longer need to hunt Gorman and Eyriss, but it's still a fine jack.

>Inverter
No ranged weapons on this jack, but it's the only one in faction with Reach, which is a big deal. That single hit POW20 is less useful for it's ability here(see above), but a POW28 to the face is something no one enjoys, so it's great. The POW17 reach weapon is where this makes it's money: Reach increases the power of Synergy quite handily, allowing you to do more with it than just kill an enemy heavy.
>>
>>46548808

Floaters
Floaters come with +1SPD and Pathfinder. Pathfinder isn't nearly as important, since you give it out so easy, but it's nice to have, and that +1SPD is nice.

>Assimilator
Syntherion's favorite jack, it does everything he wants it too. The gun is an AOE 4", which is nice, but has Ground Pounder, which is amazing. Ground Pounder lets you place a 4" AOE wherever you want(in range, of course), and then you attack every model in the AOE, doing a POW12 to those you hit.

This ability is amazing for a couple reasons.

1. It ignores very nearly every piece of defensive tech. Elevation, Stealth, Concealment, Target in Melee, LOS, and even effects that prevent targeting are all ignored by this attack.

2. Those POW12s are ranged damage rolls, which means that Hot Shot Boosts them. Nothing quite like catching 5-6 IFP and forcing them all to take a boosted POW12.

So it's a very good gun. At the same time, it requires you to make an attack roll against every model, so against high DEF, low ARM infantry, better to just shoot directly.

Of note, Ground Pounder is NOT an AOE, despite using it. This means that the benefits of AOEs(like if the AOE is behind Shield Wall models, they don't get the +4ARM) are not in effect for this attack.

The Assimilator also brings a POW14 Weaponmaster melee weapon, which scales quite well with Synergy. I almost always bring two.

>Modulator
Modulators are cheap, have four attacks under Syntherions feat, and are great for forcing your opponent to sacrifice stuff to kill them. Their gun's special ability is neat, but hard to get off, better to just shoot at random models than try to get it to work. It's defensively ability is much, much better. An auto POW10 makes shit like Raiders and Assassins cry, and it's cheap enough you can just sacrifice it and still do fine. I usually bring two, since they're so cheap.
>>
>>46548948
>Conservator
Highest ARM of the jacks, with two melee weapons. It's fairly cheap as well, and comes with Shield Guard, which helps out Syntherion survive in certain matches. It's other ability can be difficult to get off in Syntherion jack armies, since it requires warrior models to die, but if you get it, it's nice to start synergy chains with.

The most important feature of the Conservator is that it has two open fists, giving Syntherion some scenario game when he needs it.

Colossal

>Prime Axiom
The big bad boy does incredibly well with Syntherion, because he does everything it wants him to do. Under feat it can be absolutely insane, killing 2-3 enemy heavies almost trivially if the cards go right. Drag is an absolute fucker until your opponents figure out how to prevent it, and then it's a huge denial piece by controlling how your opponent moves and places his army.

On the reverse end, it's not required by any stretch, and I've personally moved away from having Syntherion run it in my pairings. He has a problem protecting it, which means that if the opponent can get to it it's very likely dead.

Lot of people will tell you it's auto-include and it isn't, but it is very good with him.

Support

>Optifex Directive
Repair is good, Pathfinder is good, Magic Weapon is great. I usually bring two units.

>ADO
Your arc nodes, super important for spell cycling and getting Mag Hold out. I like to bring two.

>Attunement Servitors
Great for getting Flare out, tend to die pretty easily past that. I usually have a unit

>Accretion Servitors
Cheap as balls, good for Modulator lines and getting in the way, not good for much else

>Elimination And Reflex Servitors
Generally better off using the jacks for the kind of work these guys want to do.

That's a quick rundown, I'm going to get in the shower now. If you've got more specific questions, ask. I should be able to check back once more before i get busy.
>>
Is there a list somewhere of all formerly metal models that have since been changed to resin? PP doesn't always bother mentioning it in the gallery.
>>
>>46540916
Yeah I used two washes. I used Sepia on all the filigree and Nuln on the rest. Then I cleaned it up with the original colors and applied a few highlights
>>
>>46548414
>>46548700
>>46548808
>>46548948
>>46549076

not the guy you're replying to but holy shit this was awesome of you, thanks anon
>>
File: DafuqIsThisShit.jpg (264 KB, 832x1047) Image search: [Google]
DafuqIsThisShit.jpg
264 KB, 832x1047
>>46550012
Hard plastic; only the gargossals are resin. As for a list, unfortunately I don't believe that there is one. The redone warjacks/beasts should be pretty apparent, as most of them got full resculpts when converted into plastic. Infantry, however, are harder to say. Some get new sculpts/sets (i.e. Reeves/Wolves of Orboros), while other boxes are just sent straight to plastic (i.e. Houseguard Riflemen).
>>
>>46548281
>>46548414
>>46548700
>>46548808
>>46548948
>>46549076
Hell thanks alot. Thats more than i expected.
Gonna save to TXT for others like me.
>>
>>46550012
I personally googled it. Just look at PP site, there should be info.
>>
Reposting for anyone who wants it. .rar of all the skullislandex pdfs I have.

http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/lQKVwmI5/file.html

>>46526775
>>46522873
Feel free to add this to textuploader next time around.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>46539479
It's shit erik.

Since I got my wisdom teeth out today there wasn't much else to do besides painting so I got some work on my BB. Need to figure out a color for the stone tiles on the base and finish the mouth.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>46557536
Close up of the osl if anyone's interested.
>>
>>46557536
>>46557617
I hate the palet you picked, but your OSL is actually p good so grats
>>
>>46543344
I 2nd this question, but i'll broaden it.

Do any of you brillian/tg/entlemen use vassal or any other programs at all to play / playtest warmachine & or hordes?
>>
>>46547141
rekt.

also, Molik is a small price to suffer since skorne are pretty much the absolute least tournament competitive race/team.
>>
>>46557891
I just wish the rest of Skorne was anywhere near as good. Hell, I'd take a weaker Molik Karn if the rest of Skorne was toughened up. A Nihilator UA with a mini fear that stops them being affected by anything your opponent has or does for a round would be amazing. Or maybe makes them automatically pass tough rolls for a round. SOMETHING to make Skorne infantry better than the trash they are.
>>
Has anyone created any homebrew stuff for IK?
>>
>>46555930
>>46551604
No big deal, I need to sit down one time and just write a real tactica for the faction, get it all out so that others can comment.

Of note, however, is that all of this shit, especially related to the jacks, is Synth only. A lot of the jacks change, some a little bit, some a lot, when you run them with other casters.

Also, I forgot his Feat.

>Feat

Lets you shoot and melee in the same activation. Absolutely huge in terms of ability, because you basically get double the attacks in a turn. The biggest thing is understanding where and how to use it, based on your opponents. For some factions, it's best to aggressively use it to get your models up the board and to dig deep into his back lines, charging a model and then shooting his support can be incredibly powerful against Menoth, for example.

Against other factions, you want to use it more defensively. Against most Cryx lists, for example, I'll just hang back and sandpaper their front lines. If they don't want to get shot to shit next turn, they have to run to engage most times, at which point you can pop feat, get the shooting turn you were going to have anyways, and get some work done in melee as well.
>>
I come from 40K and just read the fluff. What I do not understand why had Menoth so many followers in the past? He does not sound much nicer than the worm.
>>
I love Vyros2/eVyros, griffon spam with synergy is one of my favourite things to do in Warmahordes.

Issues include: Getting jammed, getting acid clouded in the face, getting put on fire, getting cryx spammed, etc...

But now. Now we have Helios!

>Vyros, Incissar of the Dawnguard (*5pts)
* Helios (17measlypts)
*Aspis (4pts)
*Aspis (4pts)
*Griffon x 6 (24pts)

*Arcanist (1pt)
*Arcanist (1pt)
*Lanyssa Ryssyll, Nyss Sorceres (2pts)
*Mage Hunter Assassin (2pts)

I can't wait.
>>
File: Helios1.jpg (9 KB, 311x162) Image search: [Google]
Helios1.jpg
9 KB, 311x162
>>46561192
>>
>>46561190
Well, Old Testament God wasn't a nice guy but loads of people followed him as well.

I supposed if you have to choose between a passive douchebag and a douchebag trying to activley destroy you, you choose the one who won't immediatly kill you.
>>
>>46557708
Fair enough. The idea was to loosely base it of the description for ashenephos. It started out with the oiled metal blue for the skin and the dry bruahed metal scales. Orange was added for the glow because it works with the blue. It's hard to tell from the shitty picture but the gums and sinewy bits are dry brush to look like a an ash/soot stained kind of thing because ashenephos' brood gives off a blighted ash. In a better picture the white makes the scales look like charred wood. As for the black well the only things that work with blue and silver are white and black. I need to dry brush a light metal or something over it for definition. Im also planning on basing the army in ash instead of snow.

Thanks for the compliment on the osl.
>>
>>46558780
>Hell, I'd take a weaker Molik Karn if the rest of Skorne was toughened up.
Yeah, but a Nihilator UA is not needed. Especially not one as broken as you mentioned. It would take away the entire point of Nihilators (make the opponent focus them, then deliver 1-2 to great effect).

What would be better for an MK3 would be a slight buff to all casters (FURY6 for Morghoul etc.) and maybe a few solos to help against our problem matchups.

What would help Skorne most though would be the addition of ADR to SR2016 instead of just Masters.
>>
>>46553772
>>46555973
I mean models like Machine Wraiths, Bloat Thralls, wreck markers and Deathjack that used to be completely metal, but got resin parts later. PP's website doesn't mention the materials at all.
>>
>>46547216
Not sure how I'd feel about that. Shield Wall and Boundless Charge would have been interesting and probably stronger.
>>
>>46561190
1) Menoth created humanity.

2) He gave humanity the keys to civilization. He gave mankind Fire, the Wall, the Sheaf and the Law.
>>
>>46559139
Go to the official site, they have a whole forum for that I think
>>
>>46561677
No, and they change comp as well.

I've brought two Prime Axioms at different times(one when the faction hit, one like four months later) and the first one had pieces in metal that the second had in resin.

So my guess is that they don't publish it at all.
>>
>>46561677
>>46564381
If you look on the models page like in the link below. Under the picture where it has the pip code, base size, price etc. It also list the material used in the kit. While it doesn't say what part is what you can go to the PP store and look up what bits they have. The only ones they list are metal so that should give you a good idea of whats what. They don't have gargossals though so can't help you there. And I assume they update the page if they change the materials but again idk for sure.

link:
http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/the-protectorate-of-menoth/warcasters/grand-scrutator-severius
>>
>>46564651
That doesn't always help. See Machine Wraith for example: http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/cryx/solos/machine-wraith

Parts don't help either, because PP still sells some older metal parts in their store, like this: http://store.privateerpress.com/machinewraithbody.aspx

And even though they say that they don't sell resin parts in their store, when I first bought Deathjack chimneys from there, they sent me resin ones. The second time they were metal though.
>>
>>46564727
Hmm looks like they don't update their older models. Didn't realize that. Point taken.

And ya their parts store can be weird sometimes. One of my friends ordered a druid hand and they sent him the whole sprue which had the arm and head attached.
>>
File: Brown Bear.png (712 KB, 689x882) Image search: [Google]
Brown Bear.png
712 KB, 689x882
>>46559139
There are a few dedicated threads of Homebrew stuff on the PP forums in the IKRPG section.

2 Popular ones are for Alchemical forumae and Mechanika.
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?196677-The-Intrepid-Alchemist-s-Cookbook
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?189074-Morgan-s-Liber-Mechanika

This last one is shameless self promotion.
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?233258-Firebringeraxel-s-Emporium-of-Homebrew
>>
File: Carnivean.jpg (90 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Carnivean.jpg
90 KB, 640x640
>>46564765
I can confirm that they'll send the entire sprue, usually if it is something small (i.e. arms, legs, gubbinz, etc). I asked for replacement parts for a Raek once (two left front-legs, torso was half cast), and they sent me the sprue with both the left and right leg. Or when I ordered a bunch of Incubus heads for a project, they sent the heads on their sprues, with a pair of arms on each sprue.
>>
>>46561657
I'd like it if pretty much all casters got a slight buff, but at the same time had their playstyles diversified. Right now all Skorne does is apply their army to the face of their opponent. Sure I can understand a faction in general being like that, but damn son there's not a single shooty or spellslingy warlock in the entire faction. Rasheth can sling spells sure, but suffers from being a slow fat fuck that only gets run because 7 point gladiators LOL. Also if you mean pMorghoul, he basically IS 6 fury already. And Skorne's problems can't really be solved by solos, unless you make something that stops healing in a radius or something so that Nihilators can do their job against tough targets.
>>
>>46561809
Also Menoth's afterlife in the City of Man is nicer than the spirit wilds of The Worm's.
>>
>>46565435
eHexerus has Black Spot, that's pretty fuckin' solid
>>
>>46565435
>he basically IS 6 fury already
He doesn't have 12" control and that's what it's all about.

>Rasheth can sling spells sure, but suffers from being a slow fat fuck that only gets run because 7 point gladiators
1. he can arc
2. the tier is run more for minions than for beasts
3. he is also played out of tier

>so that Nihilators can do their job against tough targets
You mean like Silence of Death?
>>
>>46568981
>Silence of Death
>Check it
>eMorghoul
Fuck you.
>>
>>46569053
Have I hit a nerve there? eMorghoul is just some very slight changes away from playability with the tier.
>>
>>46559213
Well for me it is.
Mmmm should i actually even consider using any infantry with Syntherion? Not i even want to, but still. However, i wonder if i can run that jack-heavy army on other Convergence warcasters, like Divinity Architect (yes, i like the spider-limbed engineer-priest thing).

I am also sort of scared of running other Warmahordes armies with agressive melee/ranged warcaster since i feel like there is NO WAY your warcaster can survive a single round after charging at the enemy lines because there will be the sound of targeting him/her and then the sound of thousands of cannons unloading rains of lead.
Are agressive-type melee/ranged warcasters who jump into the fray actually being viable? Can somebody give me some sort of example? I really do not understand the concept of such a warcaster.
>>
File: Butcher3.jpg (55 KB, 415x539) Image search: [Google]
Butcher3.jpg
55 KB, 415x539
>>46569369
>Are agressive-type melee/ranged warcasters who jump into the fray actually being viable? Can somebody give me some sort of example? I really do not understand the concept of such a warcaster.
>>
>>46569369
Syntherion does very, very little for Infantry, so no, you should not.

The other casters tend to run Jack heavy by the standards of other factions, yes.

For example, my Lucant army runs 2-3 heavy warjacks, depending, in addition to infantry(and other options).

You're a better judge of the game than most newbies by noticing that warcasters need to be protected, but Lucant can play highly aggressively compared to most. He combines very solid defensive stats/abilities with some of the best defensive spells and feats in the game, allowing him to play insanely far forward so long as you are careful. Lucant is also pretty damn strong in melee, that MAT8, POW18 weapon(with Positive Charge) can wreck a heavy or even a Colossal quite handily, making him very good at closing out a game.
>>
>>46569519
Father Lucant, Divinity Architect (*5pts)
* Corollary (3pts)
* Cipher (9pts)
* Inverter (8pts)
Transinfinite Emergence Projector & Permutation Servitors (9pts)
Clockwork Angels (Leader and 2 Grunts) (3pts)
Optifex Directive (Leader and 2 Grunts) (2pts)
Optifex Directive (Leader and 2 Grunts) (2pts)
Reciprocators (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Attunement Servitors (2pts)
Enigma Foundry (3pts)
Enigma Foundry (3pts)
Steelsoul Protector (2pts)

I'm mucking with it at the moment, and this is actually an ADR list, but the base list is more than fine. It's an example of what Lucant does very well: everything in the army is very tough to kill, and Lucant can grind them down, turn after turn.
>>
>>46569481
Terminus, lich3, lich1, venethrax....
>>
>>46569369
>Are agressive-type melee/ranged warcasters who jump into the fray actually being viable?

Butcher3 and Terminus are the only ones who can do it consistently. Some other casters can do it against certain matchups but otherwise it's an extremely rare ability.
>>
>>46572123
How's Makeda3 at being a super solo?
>>
>>46573105

It's pretty dependent on how safe she can be after she's used Fatewalker, and that's the problem. She will upkeep, charge in, buy an attack or two, then Fatewalker back sitting on 1 or 2, which isn't exactly invincible despite her impressive statline. The thing with Butcher3 and Terminus is that they can wade in the middle of the enemy army, destroy everything around them, and then sit right where they are and dare their opponent to try and kill them.
>>
>>46572123
eKromac? I don't know.
>>
Does Beat Back trigger if the target dies from the attack? Can pMorghoul LITERALLY sidestep through infantry?
>>
Who is your WM/H waifu?
>>
>>46573105
She super wants to be one, but she just doesn't have the stats for it.

It's one of people's major complaints about her: she looks and acts like she should be super soloing, but she just can't get away with it.
>>
>>46573282

He's very durable on feat turn, but not enough to withstand a buffed heavy or colossal.
>>
>>46573427
Asphyxious, get dat hot lich action
>>
>>46573427
Rhyas.

Dat Ninja girl crazy going on.
>>
>>46573392
>Can only target warbeasts
Fiiiiiine, I guess I'll just give it to Molik Karn ;~;
>>
>>46573392
pMorghoul doesn't have Beat Back, he has Overtake.
>>
>>46573427
Bombardier Bombshell.
>>
>>46574068
I was thinking that Trainwreck from a Bronzeback could target him, letting him run around like a dipshit. Unfortunately Trainwreck can only target beasts.
>>
>>46574181
Well if your purpose is to have him dance through infantry, Overtake+Anatomical Precision will do the trick.
>>
>>46574208
I know, but spread out infantry is annoying. I'll start giving Karn Beatback from now on. Sidestepping 3" sounds pretty cool. All that threat range.
>>
>>46573427
>>
>>46573427
Zerkova2. Dat ass.
>>
>>46574464
I need art like this of a bloodtracker. Bloodtrackers are my waifu.
>>
File: tharn.jpg (82 KB, 514x700) Image search: [Google]
tharn.jpg
82 KB, 514x700
>>46575157
>>
File: IveSeenEnoughHentai.jpg (648 KB, 1297x1613) Image search: [Google]
IveSeenEnoughHentai.jpg
648 KB, 1297x1613
>>46575238
>>
>>46575609
hnnngh
>>
File: 1460088866727.jpg (64 KB, 960x952) Image search: [Google]
1460088866727.jpg
64 KB, 960x952
>>46575866
>>
I don't know why, but I feel like it's a little cheesy to take character units, character jacks/beasts, character solos, etc. That's weird, right? It's normal to take tons of characters, right? I think it's a carryover from my old WHFB meta where it was frowned upon to use special characters, since they so frequently tended to be broken.
>>
>>46573427
eliminators
>>
>>46576345
Characters in WHM are approached differently, yes.

Essentially, characters let them produce powerful and unique options without making them broken, because you can only include a single one of them.

Sometimes, the only difference between a character and a FA:1 model is if it has a name or not, in terms of relative power.

There's a lot of pretty bad character units in the game, for example. You see the good ones, but you see the good non-character stuff as well.
>>
>>46576345

Characters are oft times better than non characters for a given role. On this you are right.

They are not broken though because the designers make sure they don't break the game...as it's very easy to check for that.

I do get the hesitation on some character options (solos and Jacks/beasts in particular) but character units are not as often seen as OP because the main strength of units is numbers and force multiplication, and character units tend to be lower model count.

I can totally understand burn out for Character Jack/solo options though as those often end up being better than their Non named counterparts.
>>
>>46573427
>>
>>46573392
From my understanding, Beatback triggers on a hit and gives you the 1" move even if your target can't be pushed, so I would think 'yes'.
>>
>>46573427
Dirty Meg
>>
>>46576938
Non-character helljacks are dead because the characters overshadow them (until Inflictor is released).
>>
Looks like the good guys won and MM will no longer be the Walmart of Warmahordes, they've lowered the discount so that no more B&M stores have to die because of them.
>>
>>46578238
Reaper is the only helljack I ever activly put in a list
I have 4 helldivers in my denny3 list tho
>>
File: deneghra.jpg (61 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
deneghra.jpg
61 KB, 600x405
>>46573427
denny
>>
File: smssecure_2016_03_31_145936.jpg (482 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
smssecure_2016_03_31_145936.jpg
482 KB, 2560x1920
>>46580232
>>
>>46573427
>>
File: old-russian-lady.jpg (19 KB, 344x258) Image search: [Google]
old-russian-lady.jpg
19 KB, 344x258
>>46573900
>>46573967
>>46574112
>>46574464
>>46575112
>>46576385
>>46576989
>>46578197
>>46582396
>>46582694

>.....Not picking old witch pfft
>>
>>46583014
You don't waifu the old witch, she mothers you.

>not picking purest Elara
>>
>>46582396
I wish her resculpt looked more like this

Why cant everyone look like their art in Apotheosis?
>>
File: 34098_WraithWitchDeneghra_WEB.jpg (332 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
34098_WraithWitchDeneghra_WEB.jpg
332 KB, 600x600
>>46583169
Idunno man, it's pretty damn close. Way better than the previous sculpt.
>>
>>46583137
>kills your entire village
>gives you a prophecy about your destiny a few years from now
>fail to complete your task
>get murdered by hundreds of crows when you go home
>>
>>46580232
Give huge discounts to everybody then, jeez. Right now it doesnt look well.

Oh and general question: how does playing Trollbloods feel like, do they have a warlock who can roll much beasts on that faction and can i maybe roll a warcaster in a I AM GOING FOR YOUR FACE! fashion, and if i can, can that warcaster roll much beasts lol.
>>
>>46580232
Been away from WMH for a while, what's up with Miniature Market?
>>
>>46583806
All three Doomys are very good beast locks.

Doomy3 is likely one of the best Beast locks in the game.

>>46583844
Said that they're going to put any online stores giving big discounts on a reduced supply list to help B&M stores compete, since they can't match 30-40% markdowns online stores are doing.
>>
>>46584184
>>46583844
>>46583806
>>46580232

Wow. PP screwing over their international market AND their reputation.

How the fuck is that whore of a president still left in her position? She needs to be ported to europe to be raped to death by pavement apes.
>>
File: SorchaJugg.jpg (346 KB, 1166x1475) Image search: [Google]
SorchaJugg.jpg
346 KB, 1166x1475
>>46583844
PP got asspained over how much MM and other online retailers were discounting their product, and threatened to 'take action' if they did not bring the prices up closer to MSRP so LGS don't lose as much profits.

Which, to be honest, is going to happen regardless. Given PP's prices (or that of almost every other traditional game), it isn't exactly rocket science to figure out why people look for cheaper prices wherever they can find 'em. Even for the LGS owners that know what they're doing and can run a stable shop, they're riding a knife edge at the best of times. On the one hand, everyone can sympathize with their FLGS not bringing in enough revenue to make ends meet. On the other hand, PP and so many other companies aren't doing LGS or customers any favors either by charging what they do. LGS barely make enough as it is, and pushing high costs onto customers (LGS or otherwise) is a quick way to drive them off.

With this move, I honestly don't think I can continue playing Warmachine or Hordes anymore. Between the costs (even beside the fact that they've been nudging select box prices up, mostly resculpts or metal>plastics), no LGS, and a struggling local scene to begin with, I can't really justify further purchases
>>
>>46569481
>>46571161...Thyron, Vyros2, Sturgis... (please continue the list)
>>
>>46584665
Uh, they've been bringing prices down, not having them go up.

New Colossals kits are cheaper. New Battle Engine kits are cheaper.

Plastic kits have seen price decreases, as have plastic multi kits(and the hidden price of magnetizing, if you have the ability, meaning you have to buy fewer kits).
>>
>>46584575
How are they screwing up their reputation by taking an action that will obviously cost them money, but should serve to help LGSs?
>>
>>46584665
It is true, I've pulled away from WMH due to costs and my rather up and down local meta (college towns suck). So I'm less inclined to invest further into the game.

Also doesn't help with the rising popularity of smaller scale miniatures games like Guildball and Infinity, so cheaper alternatives are digging into some markets.
>>
>>46584712

not him and I think it's a good move, but it hurts their rep because a lot of fans have been massively shit-talking gw for doing something similar while pointing at pp as the bastion of fan-friendliness, so now there's a backlash
>>
>>46584712
Because they're being hypocritical shits about it. If you truly mean this shit, don't do holiday bundles and the like.

And PP is truly run by internet retards, how badly they managed to fuck up their kickstarter for their boardgame is jaw dropping. Seriously their is a very well established way to run a kickstarter, Front load the shit to build hype and then coast, with the last several days having juicy goals. But PP had to be different and it truly assfucked their kickstarter beyond repair.

The fact that PP constantly tries to reinvent the wheel is why their digital products tend to be ass as well.
>>
>>46584841
Sure, but it's pretty obvious that they did it for wholly different reasons.

Even if everyone liked this decision, it would still cost them money, since they'll move less product.

And they're taking a much softer hand than GW ever did. I mean, there's a huge difference between "You're not allowed to list our shit, ever." and "Look, if you sell this shit at too much of a discount, we're not going to restock you as fast."
>>
>>46584859
I highly doubt holiday bundles account for much lost business for LGSs.
>>
>>46584879
Truthfully it probably doesn't, but it's still a bull shit hypocritical stance.

Besides most mini games are brutal wastes of space for most LGS, unless you have an amazing local group that recruits.
>>
>>46584575
Your statements make no sense.
>>46584665
Well they should have increased the priced for online retailers AND lessen those for LGS then.
Imo they could simply lower prices overall.
>>46584694
Cant be a judge here since i only recently stepped into PP stuff, but imo if you make the game friendlier cost-wise (and imo miniatures in Warmahordes do look good as well as balance and overall game rules do too) that would not harm your profits. It will only increase those i think, since if you lower the prices people like me for example would simply run more armies with different unit types.
>>
>>46584867

like I said I do agree with it because it's better for the overall health of the game, but there's people that don't have a lgs near them or who only play in private with friends or something that do have a valid complaint against the 'pp is #1 most fan-friendly' reputation people have been using when badmouthing gw
>>
>>46571161
Lich 3 Lich 1? Who are those?
>>46584675
Yes please do, if possible, for each faction.

>>46584184
So what would playing Trollkin would feel like?
I just have Menoth Army (well, primarily for aestetics but also because it can be about jacks and synergy), ordered Convergence things, but i cant decide whether i should order Trollbloods and then think of other faction or simply order Two-Player Hordes battlebox, because Circle have druidic theme i love and GOLEMS with all these earth-magic-releated stuff which makes my drill penetrate the heavens (and can be Beast-heavy), while Legion may be run Beast-heavy as well as being hit-hard-run-fast-die-young faction with fucking glorious corrupted northern elves.
>>
>>46585020
>but there's people that don't have a lgs near them or who only play in private with friends
Thats me. Last time i played wh40k actually it was a pretty ugly experience since some namefags came into a local place where people play boardgames and started acting like a fucking kings. I was barely holding my shit together not to beat shit off them (especially when they nearly triggered by righteous fury after almost bullying local nerdish guys) and then sworn i will either play with friends or persons i may call friendly towards other and only in places where MOM IM BULLY NOW! actions are not considered normal or fucking funny whoever those are coming from.
So yes, i am sort of supporting online retailers with huge discounts. No, i do not want those to ruin LGS business. Id really like those two types to co-live.
>>
>>46584675
makeda3, kormac...
>>
>>46585200
Trolls are a buff faction. They have a huge amount of stacking buffs they use to turn their generally eh stuff into monsters.

They're also a medium infantry faction, with a lot of bigger models who are usually pretty tough, and live through nearly everything 1/3 of the time.
>>
>>46585269
Mak3 is weird in that regard. Usually you want to go full murderspree on your feat turn as that turn usually makes or breaks your game. I've had feat turns where I obliterated half my opponents list and it still wasn't enough.

Now to the topic of playing her up front. As >>46573224 correctly pointed out, she cannot simply tank the entire enemy army (though tanking a heavy is usually no problem). At the start of every turn you need to put some thought into where she will be at the end of said turn and then devote resources to making sure nothing can kill her there.

All in all she is very interesting to play and has surprising depth to her. I'd consider her my favo(u)rite lock and recommend every Skorne player to try her out.
>>
>>46586138
What if Makeda ran back to a Cannoneer and Agonizer with their -2 strength bubbles up?
>>
>>46585009
The FLGS scene is different in the rest of the world than in united slaves of jewmerica.

A lot of us don't have a game store we can go to, and with currency exchange rates being what they are, online stores are the only way to get affordable overpriced miniatures.

Just because a bunch of failing businesses can't figure out how to save their lives doesn't make it right to shit on everyone else.
>>
>>46586656
>Just because a bunch of failing businesses can't figure out how to save their lives doesn't make it right to shit on everyone else.

How horrible that you should have to pay a larger percent of MSRP.
>>
>>46586608
That would help. Though I'd still not want her to take a Butch3r to the face. There would however still be the problem of the Cannoneer costing 9 points, which Mak3 doesn't usually have to spare. But by all means, try it out.
>>
>>46586773
Pay a larger percent of MSRP to do what?

There are no services rendered, no place for us to rent space from.

You can go fuck yourself with your "if I have to suffer, everyone has to as well!" mentality.
>>
>>46587016
>You can go fuck yourself with your "if I have to suffer, everyone has to as well!" mentality.

And you can go fuck yourself with your entitled bullshit. Oh, boo hoo, your being shit on because you have to pay the same price as everyone else, you poor dear.
>>
>>46587340

Europoors generally have to pay significantly above MSRP, actually
>>
>>46586656
You are talking to a guy who is living in Russia. Living in probably most populated and biggest city in the world where i cannot find Issac Azimov's book series about Detective Elijah Baley and Daniel R Olive in paper to make a present to my father. How fucking bad is that considering i must pay hell loads of money to get my hands on minis while prices go up exponentially when new minis are ordered. And you will probably have to order those from USA and pay hell loads for delivery aswell, or have a really little choice since other guys already got their hands on stuff i would like to have.
>>46587016
>There are no services rendered, no place for us to rent space from.
Dont you have some special places where you can play the games? Like game clubs or something. Even in my crappy country those do exist.
>You can go fuck yourself with your "if I have to suffer, everyone has to as well!" mentality.
Well i doubt he meant that but if he did cant quite disagree.
>>46585302
Expand please? From what ive seen on battle report videos they are not something really special, i mean pretty much going in with bunch of medium size infantry and two-three (never more) large size actual Trolls (did not see any pyre troll or other "elemental" ones by the way, are they sort of useless or something?) and try to SMASH. No stacking buffs or some plays really.
I also request a review of Circle Orboros and Legion of Everblight.
>>
>>46585269
Does every faction in Warmachine have such a caster? Can you name them? Or at least say who maybe can be kept close to frontlines.
>>
>>46587482
as an europoor, I can confirm.
if I order from minimarket and pay to ship to EU, it's still cheaper than paying the pricetag my LGS puts on stuff.
>>
>>46585269
Stryker2 and 3, Baldur2, Madrak1 and 2, Borka1 and 2
>>
I'm getting an interest in warmahordes, but I don't know of any page in which I can have a quick look at the model's designs to decide on a faction

like in fighting games, I often choose based on looks before gameplay
>>
>>46588159
http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery

http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery
>>
>>46588187
thanks

>retribution of scyrah looks cool as fuck

>it's fucking elves

shit
>>
>>46587748
Cygnar - Stryker 2
Khador - Butcher1, Butcher2, Butcher3, Mushroom
Cryx - Terminus
Protectorate - Durst
Knifeears - Tyrone
Robots - Lucant (somewhat)
Legion - Thagrosh
Skorne - Mak3
Circle - Kromac2
Trolls - Borka2 (he's better than the internet has you believe)

>>46588159
Battlecollege is good for that. It really improved over the recent past.
>>
>>46588187
>Cyriss looks also cool

>it plays completely different to other factions and is weird as fuck mechanically

shit
>>
>>46588295
Not necessarily true. You just have the Induction mechanic on top of everything. If you want to play Convergence go for it. Battlebox + Corollary + Optifex Directive isa good start.
>>
>>46588227
Thank you but doesnt Feora1-2 and Kreoss 2-3 as well as Reznik have the frontline play for Menoth?
Rhyas for Legion? Bethaine?
Madrak2 for Trolls is not so good?
>>
>>46588396
the thing is that starting the game playing a faction with a special rule might not be the best of ideas
>>
>>46588501
Screw that. It's not that ahrd to learn, just hard to master.
>>
>>46588432
It's more midline for those. But they can get some work done personally.
>>
>>46587732

>You are talking to a guy who is living in Russia. Living in probably most populated and biggest city in the world where i cannot find Issac Azimov's book series about Detective Elijah Baley and Daniel R Olive in paper to make a present to my father.

The Caves of Steel (the one on Earth), The Naked Sun (the one on Solaris), Robots of the Dawn (the one on Aurora). Maybe Robots and Empire (the one from Isaac deciding to make a unified cannon). Sucks, man.

>Expand please? From what ive seen on battle report videos they are not something really special, i mean pretty much going in with bunch of medium size infantry and two-three (never more) large size actual Trolls (did not see any pyre troll or other "elemental" ones by the way, are they sort of useless or something?) and try to SMASH. No stacking buffs or some plays really.

Clear example- The Protective Aura from their Stone haulers and a Rage animus can both affect a given warbeast at the same time, bringing up its POW and ARM considerably (+4 POW, +2 ARM). You can do two, three beasts a turn that way if you set out to accomplish it; some factions have worse FEATS. Meanwhile your infantry are +1 POW, +2 ARM just standing around in the Aura.
>>
>>46588501

If that is the faction somebody is playing, it doesn't matter at all. Ever see what happens when somebody gets into the hobby playing Zaal1/Statue spam? It's this weird as all hell Fury/Soul mechanic all over the table, the guy probably doesn't even know how Focus and Fury fully work, but it gets results if it is being done well.
>>
>>46588226

Yeah but they're crazy murder elves.

Not all elves are equal. Follow your heart.
>>
>>46588596
>The Caves of Steel (the one on Earth), The Naked Sun (the one on Solaris), Robots of the Dawn (the one on Aurora). Maybe Robots and Empire (the one from Isaac deciding to make a unified cannon). Sucks, man.
Yes. And considering my old man have prejustice against any fantasy/science fiction books and i actually promised to show him those are not grim or whatsoever, it sucks TWICE.
>Clear example- The Protective Aura from their Stone haulers and a Rage animus can both affect a given warbeast at the same time, bringing up its POW and ARM considerably (+4 POW, +2 ARM). You can do two, three beasts a turn that way if you set out to accomplish it; some factions have worse FEATS. Meanwhile your infantry are +1 POW, +2 ARM just standing around in the Aura.
Well battlecollege says that faction overall is relying on infantry more than on beasts. Which does not really fit me. Because i would like to run 3-4 beasts with a 2-3 solo and maybe 10-12 infantry guys with everybody being able to stand for themselves. Thought i REALLY like the troll theme which is mixed with goddamned scotland drunk bands of heroes (or just brave and charismatic bastards) who fight for their lost land? Survival? Brawl? Take your pick.
>>
>>46588910

Yeah, with bearded murder-hobos and shit.

>not a euphemism, sadly
>Ret's kind of messed up in the head
>Ios has a fucking great design, though
>>
>>46588981
>Well battlecollege says
Battlecollege, while not technically wrong, doesn't give you the whole story.

>i would like to run 3-4 beasts with a 2-3 solo and maybe 10-12 infantry guys with everybody being able to stand for themselves.
Literally any Doomshaper beast brick.
Also don't arbitrarily marry yourself to particular ratios of beasts-solos-units, the realities of list building don't give you that luxury.
>>
>>46589149
>Also don't arbitrarily marry yourself to particular ratios of beasts-solos-units, the realities of list building don't give you that luxury.
I did not understand any of that.

Typhon and Scythean - do i want them as Legion Player?
>>
>>46588501
Induction is not that fucking hard of a rule to use.

Does it take time to learn? Sure, but so does everything else in this game.

Honestly, the only Induction routes I don't have memorized are Syntherions, everyone else just does the exact same shit.
>>
>>46589305
>Typhon and Scythean - do i want them as Legion Player?
Yes. Especially the latter.
>>
>>46589797
And stuff from two-player battlebox? I like Lilith' aim-hit stuff which is followed up by AWRHWARHAWJRAHWRK GET DEVOURED BY THOUSAND ATTACKS BECAUSE CHARGE AND STUFF IS FOR FREE. Well, and she is archer with debuffs, which i like too.
From what battlecollege says warspears are nice as well as shredders.

The Circle part is which worries me most to be honest.
>>
>>46584575
>screwing international market
>and reputation
If you don't know what you're talking about you shouldn't talk. Neither of those is true.
1) Shipping from those discount sites to other countries is ridiculous.
2) Having tons of your stock left on shelves at LGS hurts your reputation way more than Online Stores with prices that are normal instead of stupidly cheap.
>>
>>46587016
>Pay a larger percent of MSRP to do what?

to ensure the game continues to get enough new people playing it to keep privateer press in business and putting out new shit for you to enjoy. your complaint is valid but pp looked at the numbers and decided if the game was gonna survive it needed more of a brick and mortar showing, it's not about suffering it's about making sure we have a game to play

>>46590325

warspears are pretty good but their UA is a must, and that many shredders is only really useful when taking the spawning vessel most of the time. for circle you will likely never use either argus once you've got more used to the game, but warpborn's are good with their UA. if you do get the 2 player box you should definitely magnetize the heavy for each side so that later on you can buy a second heavy kit and give yourself more options
>>
How do lesser warbeast packs work? Is it something that all armies will eventually get?

Also, what happens to warbeasts if their lesser warlock dies? Are they removed, or do they keep going but with no fury management?
>>
>>46583806
>Give huge discounts to everybody then, jeez. Right now it doesnt look well.

Odds are everyone got the same dealer discount. MM simply took advantage of the cheaper costs of running an on-line store to press prices really aggressively to chase market share. Physical stores simply couldn't keep up, and PP probably couldn't give physical stores any greater discounts either, because then there wouldn't be any profit to speak of left for them.

>>46585009
>but imo if you make the game friendlier cost-wise (and imo miniatures in Warmahordes do look good as well as balance and overall game rules do too) that would not harm your profits. It will only increase those i think, since if you lower the prices people like me for example would simply run more armies with different unit types.
You're running with the assumption that PP has plenty of profit margin to spare, can ramp up production to meet the extra demand at no significant cost or effort, and that people actually would be increasing purchases to at least match what's lost to the price cuts (and with reduced margins, this means people would have to not just buy more, but they'd have to spend more money all said and done).

And let's face it, people promising to spend more money "if only..." isn't something you should gamble your company on.
>>
>>46590502
To play Hobo's advocate.

How much of the languishing stock in a LGS is shit that wouldn't sell at 50% off?

Because that is my local store, despite having an entire wall/wing dedicated to Warmahordes.

MK 2.5 when?
>>
>>46590722
The full rules are in the exigence book. I doubt trolls would get a beast pack.

As for lesser warlock destruction, the beast goes wild unless it was a companion.
>>
>>46590611
Okay, spawning vessel. Basically to re-make my losses into shredders, right? And if i convert shredders a little bit into stingers or harriers?

I heard that with Kromac2 Argus beastie can become REALLY good, and you can even run a true wild hunt thing with a huntsman roaring and smashing things with his axe following the raging tide of hounds.
>>
>>46591004
SKU bloat is something they absolutely need to do about, yes.

Part one was to slow down and not do anything for a while, which they've most certainly accomplished. Now the question is what have they been doing in that time? PP hasn't told us shit about shit in the last six months, so here's hoping it means they went back and starting revamping models that clearly need it.
>>
>>46590781
>Physical stores simply couldn't keep up, and PP probably couldn't give physical stores any greater discounts either, because then there wouldn't be any profit to speak of left for them.
If you say so, i only assumed.
>You're running with the assumption that PP has plenty of profit margin to spare, can ramp up production to meet the extra demand at no significant cost or effort, and that people actually would be increasing purchases to at least match what's lost to the price cuts (and with reduced margins, this means people would have to not just buy more, but they'd have to spend more money all said and done). And let's face it, people promising to spend more money "if only..." isn't something you should gamble your company on.
Yep, exactly. Well, maybe i am just becoming a fanboy of this game system. But hell, it is way more flexible than wh40k so i hope you forgive me for that.
>>
>>46591020
I kinda cheese it out and use the spawning vessel as Legionaire collection unit. Worked pretty well...about three years ago.

>>46591062

I'm pretty hype! I think the announcement that the free rider policy was because PP has some sort of huge revamp coming and needed a full buy in from retailers to support it.

If they were to create another product line without a max discount policy in place then it would flop pretty bad as LGS after LGS would turn up their noses and scoff.

I mean my area has a pretty BIG WMH community, but the stores can't seem to move stock! They are down to only buying 1 of a new release... This is an area with more than ~40 players.

I'm wondering what the nature of the announcement at LnL will truly be.
>>
>>46590611
PP has already gotten their share from the products by having distributors or LGS order from them.

They're getting their money either way. Now they're just trying to ensure they get a little more by removing the cheaper options, citing "wez doing dis fur da FLGS!" as moral reasoning.
>>
File: denny1.jpg (61 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
denny1.jpg
61 KB, 720x960
>>46583169
>>46583300

the new model is much better. I'm sort of torn about buying her again. I bought the original and got her modified to like she's going ghost.

pic related my denny

On the other hand, I'm still sort of miffed about the fact that the Aiokos kickstater model are worse than the commercial models
>>
>>46591401
I don't think a game can thrive on online sales alone.

Survive maybe, but not thrive. My area has been feeling the hurt that DGI, Warstore and MM have been laying down. The BnM are pushing our dedicated play day around. They are making us pay for the tournament kits when they used to happily foot the bill for it.

Sales are down at the BnM. Yet the game has a shit ton of people playing it. The only logical conclusion is that they bought elsewhere.

While the owners treat us with respect, their uneasiness is palpable whenever we hold a Steamroller and we see brand new miniatures that were obviously not bought at the store.
>>
>>46591234
>Worked pretty well...about three years ago.
Why wouldnt it work now?
>>
>>46591020

correct on the spawning vessel, and yeah converting them is also a possibility.

I don't have kromac2 so can't speak for that but even if you can that's a real edge case for them, most of the time they won't see play.
>>
File: you_see_ivan_0.jpg (76 KB, 530x650) Image search: [Google]
you_see_ivan_0.jpg
76 KB, 530x650
>>46591848
I haven't been playing steamroller in three years. I dont know if the tech still holds up.

I stopped playing around the time Warders came out.
>>
>>46591851
I just love the idea of two-headed hunting hounds and well, doggie warbeasts. So even it is the real edge for them i want to put that to use.
Actually, i have another question. If Skinwalkers are not so very good for Circle and Arguses arent either then there is actually no real point to buy two-player battlebox for its contents right?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.