[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total Warhammer Chaos vs Empire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
Get in here turbofags
>>
>>46519422
ded setting
>>
>>46519529
ur mum
>>
>>46519529
Liv gaem, tho.
>>
If they announce Brettonia or any elves as a preorder bonus or freelc or whatever, I'm sold. As it is, I'm gonna give it the traditional few weeks of patching before buying because, hey, it's a Total War game.
>>
>no daemons
>no warshrines
>no blightkings
>no slaughterbrutes
>no skullcrushers
>no daemonic steeds of any kind

They sucked the fun right out of Chaos..
>>
File: 1.png (670 KB, 616x800) Image search: [Google]
1.png
670 KB, 616x800
Wait what

are people playing the game already

whats going on
>>
>>46519992
Unless you've got some preview demo version no, there was a vid posted by the devs this morning though. There's still 3 weeks until it comes out
>>
>>46519817
>no daemons
And that's how you make people delete your game from their wishlists.
>>
>>46519817
>>46520136
So, chaos daemons dlc army then?
>>
>>46519422
This game makes me horny.
>>
>>46519817
This is why they should have done 40k, not vanialla
>>
>>46520136
Pretty much. The reason I loved WoC pre Sigmar was because they had a core theme (ubervikings) but with loads of cool, twisted variety that comes with being the embodiment of evil and disorder.

All that is just gone in this. Nothing feels particularly Chaos, just generic plated up fantasy badguys
>>
>>46522386
Daemons are there own army. What were seeing here is strictly the Warriors of Chaos. This has been a known quantity for months.
>>
At least post the link, you fucking baka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MYlmb3gip8
>>
>>46522386
But Warriors of Chaos have always been distinct from Demons of Chaos? Same way Beastmen don't join up with Warriors.
>>
>>46522556
These Chaos Warriors, fresh after fucking barber...
>>
Fucking sad CA is giving more love to the Chaos Dwarves then GW since....forever....
>>
>>46519422
I pre-ordered Rome 2 and played it at launch.....this game can go pre-emptively fuck itself regardless of actual quality
>>
>>46522689
Pre 6e, all three variants were a single army. In 6e, they split them between two books, with intention that the content of both could be used together. Unfortunately, when Chaos Space Marines had the Daemons stripped down in their codex, they decided to release the daemons as separate armies in both systems, and the three branches of Chaos gradually devolved away from each other since then.
>>
>Archaon chasing that wizard and then booting him to the ground

God it's funny.
>>
>>46523065 Your a fucking moron. The carthage thing you were fooled by was pre-alpha, if not proof of concept footage. This is beta.
>>
>>46523185

>that one empire swordsman shoryukening the shit out of that chaos chosen.

Yep, this game will be funny.
>>
>>46522551
>>46522689

True, but Chaos still should have a pile of daemonic stuff. Where are the fucking Daemon Princes? The monstrous cavalry?
>>
>>46519662
Smart man. I've pre-ordered it. Considering testing out some live streaming for the sake of all the folks like you that are holding off.

>>46519817
It's only a portion of the roster of the AI controlled chaos warriors. The player controlled chaos warriors DLC is supposed to have more units.

Also this is Chaos Warriors and not daemons of chaos. I realize that the different chaos clans have tons of overlap (chaos warriors, beastmen, chaos dwarves, daemons of chaos).

Nightmares don't count? Mind getting an image of what you are looking for. I'm honestly curious cause it could be awesome.

>>46520384
It's total war. They mostly do sword/axe/lance settings.

>>46523311
Presumably in the player DLC as Lords.

Also I can't comment too much on the Daemon stuff. Not sure how a daemons of chaos would work. However, Beastmen of Chaos could be a marauding tribe with hide ways in the woods in the middle of the empire. So they could be a surprisingly good future DLC campaign.

Remember, this is _not_ just Warhammer but also Total War. So some of the Total War rules/ways things work will bleed through.
>>
>>46523311
We didn't get a look at the full roster of stuff. Who knows. Choas may very well have Daemon Princes and Monstrous Cavalry.
CA's done a pretty good job of having Army lists matching up the TT unit lists.
>>
>>46523522
http://store.steampowered.com/app/404010/
>>
File: chaosWarriors.jpg (438 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
chaosWarriors.jpg
438 KB, 1920x1080
Actually now that I think about it... The steam page for the chaos warriors DLC has some interesting images up. Let me just grab those and post them.
>>
>Can't conquer the whole world in the campaign map

What's the point then?
>>
File: chaosWarriors2.jpg (77 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
chaosWarriors2.jpg
77 KB, 600x337
>>46523589
Jinx.

Well this doesn't look like a daemon to me. Definitely not a human though.
>>
File: chaosWarriors3.jpg (74 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
chaosWarriors3.jpg
74 KB, 600x337
Lets see....I suppose a giant dragon isn't a daemon. And that's a troll in the background. So...no daemons here either.
>>
File: chaosWarriors4.jpg (41 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
chaosWarriors4.jpg
41 KB, 600x337
Hey look it's Arthas. No seriously I don't know enough fantasy to play spot the named character. Re-reading Gortek and Felix though.

Presumably one of the Chaos Warrior lords.
>>
File: chaosWarriors5.jpg (99 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
chaosWarriors5.jpg
99 KB, 600x337
And "boring" chaos mutated trolls for last. I suppose I have to agree that there is a lack of daemons. I guess nothing about chaos warriors is cool without them.
>>
>>46523607
>>46523646
>>46523697
>>46523741
Forgive my lack of Warhammer knowledge, but I thought Demons of Chaos are there own separate army? Like how you can play Chaos Warriors, or Beastmen separately.
>>46523771
>>
>>46523741
sigvald the magnificent. the cuntiest warriors of chaos lord there is.

his honour guard carry tower shields with mirriors mounted on them so he can stop mid-battle to admire himself.

he literally isnt wearing anything under those plate legs. fuck sake he's so shit.

>>46523646
that is a dragon ogre. probably the only decent thing chaos is getting.

>>46523771
chaos trolls didnt even have models in the WoC range. the guys look.. okay i suppose.
>>
>>46519422
My only complaint in that video is that I did not see standard Chaos Warriors with swords and shields, only axes and shields.

Unless I missed it.
>>
>>46525291
Yeah I only saw them wielding axes aswell. They would look so much better if they added some swords and maces to the unit. After all Chaos units should look like a band of plated up barbarians using a mishmash of armour and weapons that they have looted from fallen foes.
>>
>>46519422
What I'm worrying about regarding Chaos Warriors, based on their roster list, is that it doesn't seem like you can chose to favour a certain god and thus leaving you with only Chaos undivided to play as which in practice means that you remove most of the fun and unique bits that the faction has to offer.
Hopefully we'll see a complete Chaos roster, including all the four gods and undivided as one of the base factions for one of the upcoming sequals.
>>
File: kholekbig.jpg (39 KB, 426x618) Image search: [Google]
kholekbig.jpg
39 KB, 426x618
>>46524789
>that is a dragon ogre.
that's kholek suneater, a bit too skinny in my opinion, but I assume they used the base model from a standard dragon ogre shaggot and put armor on it
>>
>>46523635
Says who?
>>
That looked pretty awesome. The guys playing these battles really handicap themselves by never pausing though.

Bit of a shame the battle was almost decided in the first couple of spells however. The empire guy was already outmatched in infantry fisticuffs (2 greatswords units, the rest were state troops) and losing so many greatswords to the fire whirlwind spell at the start meant it was a bit of a forgone conclusion
>>
>>46527746
>pausing during a battle in total war
Disgusting
>>
>>46527884
>>46527746
>Come from starcraft to TW.
>Find battles almost to slow to be playable/enjoyable.
>Pausing makes them even longer and more tedious.
>People always telling you to pause during battles.
Literally why.
>>
>>46520384
>People actually think 40k fits the Total War formula

You folks are fucking strange I bet you're the same people who want TW: WWI and WWII.
>>
>>46527956
Because the AI can issue orders simultaneously, while a human can't. If you pause and issue charge orders, for example, it means your entire line charges in, well, a line. If you issue the orders to each unit individually in real time the charging line will be all higgledy-piggledy.
>>
>>46523836
They are
>>
Reminder that if you are pre-ordering you should pre-order through g2a or gmg, you'll save like 20 bucks
>>
File: 1455287548516.jpg (40 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1455287548516.jpg
40 KB, 500x495
>Chaos is pre order DLC
>no Skaven
>no Elves
>titled "Total War: Warhammer" and not "Total Warhammer"
>>
>>46528436
>what're priorities and thematic expansions?

>what's trademark protection?
>>
>>46528436
>It's not exactly what I wanted
>>
>>46528436
>Chaos being Pre-Order DLC somehow a bad thing even though it's a full sized faction and the dlc just makes it playable instead of an npc enemy
>The DLC isn't even exclusive to pre-order and will just cost like 5 bucks afterwards
>Steam Refunds means that pre-ordering isn't a crapshoot anymore

When will the most pointless whining ever stop?
>>
>>46528517
>what're priorities
the first one should be to release a complete game that is good

>and thematic expansions?
a piece of bullshit that should never be

>what's trademark protection?
See above
>>
>>46528773
>the first one should be to release a complete game that is good
That kind of looks like what they're doing.

>a piece of bullshit that should never be
Dude there's not enough budget to make it ALL right away, this cannot be done in the current market to the standard they want.
>>
>>46528823
>That kind of looks like what they're doing.
See>>46528436

>Dude there's not enough budget to make it ALL right away, this cannot be done in the current market to the standard they want.
Dude, that's bullshit and you know it.
>>
Any info on victory conditions? I know you can't conquerer the whole map and I don't think that this is such a big issue. Other TW games just become tedious after you became the strongest faction but still have to throw numbers at all the remaining factions to paint the map your color. But what do you need to do to win the campaign?
>>
>>46528901
>No skaven means it's a bad game

>Dude, that's bullshit and you know it.
Dude you have no way of knowing that, and you know that.
>>
>>46528521
It's not really about the fact that we get a Pre-Order DLC (not for me atleast) as that was to be expected. The real outrage is that the faction in question is the Warriors of Chaos, one of the central factions in the whole game and arguably the most important one.

Not making Warriors of Chaos one of the base factions in one of the games is just as much a dick move as making France a DLC in a Medieval/Empire Total War or making WRE one in Attila Total War.
>>
>>46528905
The Vampire campaign play through they release a week or so ago shows the victory conditions of the Vampire Counts.

IIRC it's something along the way of:

Destroy/Outlive the Empire.
Destroy/Outlive the Dwarfs
Push back the Chaos Wave.
>>
>>46528905
We saw some in the vamp campaign walkthrough

Short was to hold x number of provinces, destroy the empire, drive chaos into the wastes, injure Archaon

Long was same as above except also destroy dwarves and brettonia and I think orcs
>>
>>46529201
>>46529235
Thanks, this reminds me that I probably didn't watch that video, only the trailer and that one siege battle.
>>
>>46529164
Go fuck yourself

If you actually cared about lore importance then you'd be complaining about the lack of Beastmen, High Elves, and Wood Elves

This game is about the Empire and the immediate threats While a threat Warriors of Chaos are far off and separated by a number of buffer states.
>>
>>46520085
>3 weeks
http://store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
It got changed.
>>
File: asdasd.jpg (1 MB, 1434x975) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.jpg
1 MB, 1434x975
>>46529352
I would prefer it if they simple left Chaos for another game, preferable one that gave us more of the Chaos Wastes.
IMO they should include Beastmen in this game as a (or several) non playable faction(s) whose stacks emerges from the forests whenever the Chaos corruption gets to high in a province. They should also from time to time pop up in smaller numbers that slowly grows in number if they are not dealt with. Basically they should act as a force that keeps the game continusly interesting without being.an immediate priority on your threat list.

As I'm fairly certain that we'll see an elven sequel that gives us access to Ulthuan, Naggaroth and parts of Lustria I'm fine with waiting for in game Wood Elves untill then as it eases the amount of work CA need to do as all elves probably will have the same skeletons.

The ideal sequels would be the former mentioned Elven one including parts of the Chaos Wastes(Daemons of Chaos) and another that gives us The Dark Land (Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs), Nehekara and parts of Araby from the Southlands (Tomb Kings) and parts of the Chaos Wastes (Warriors of Chaos).
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.