[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good pen and paper games like The Thing where the players
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1460024916510.jpg (669 KB, 1431x807) Image search: [Google]
1460024916510.jpg
669 KB, 1431x807
Any good pen and paper games like The Thing where the players are paranoid of each other?
>>
Monopoly.
>>
>>46518534
>take roleplaying game of choice
>steal plot from The Thing
>>
i should dl this moive. Thanks for recomendation
>>
File: JOZCo.png (9 KB, 486x434) Image search: [Google]
JOZCo.png
9 KB, 486x434
>>46518534
So you want a game... where the players are paranoid?

Where they all have to watch out for the other players trying to get them?

Like they suffer from Paranoia?

Sorry, I can't help you.
>>
No pen and paper games that I know of, but you could easily modify Mafia to play a game like this.
>>
There are lots of simple card games like the werewolf
>>
>>46518567

That deals with an AI and is a board game. Not exactly like The Thing which OP was looking for.
>>
>>46518586
The name is actually ultimate werewolf or one night ultimate werewolf

Win lose banana is good aswell
>>
>>46518589
Paranoia's a board game?

And sure, there's AI, but given that 50% of the game is about players trying to figure out how to get the others executed, I figure it worked.
>>
>>46518608

Thought it was. I thought I saw an episode about it on Board James. Maybe I'm confusing it up with a similar game or I'm just misremembering the game.
>>
>>46518567
Citizen!

Your friend Computer reminds you: Being part of a secret society is treason. Hiding mutations from the authorities is treason. Malcontent is treason. Treason leads to recycling.

Have a nice day!

There's also A Cold War, a CoC modern scenario from TUO#11. And there was a Dread con game recap floating around where the characters were all traitors on a deep ocean drill rig.
>>
>>46518534
There is are two eclipse phase modules that hit very similar beats. One involves hidden traitors and shape changing horrors. Ill dig up the name in a bit
>>
BSG

Sadly it's Cortex. But you can be a Cylon and not know.
>>
Dread
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.