[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be a Games Workshop employee >customer walks in >asks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 1460019217715.jpg (39 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
1460019217715.jpg
39 KB, 615x409
>be a Games Workshop employee
>customer walks in
>asks to see our Tau models
>give him a lethal dose of morphine instead
>>
Did he ask for his money back?
>>
>>46517489
>lethal dose of morphine

Preferable to trying to make me buy muhreens or an AoS starter in the most pushy way possible.
>>
You had me at

>be a Games Workshop employee

OP, you silly goose
>>
HURDURDUR
SOMEONE LIKES TAU
CAN'T HAVE THAT
LOOK GUYS ARNT I COOL YET TAU SO GAY I DON'T LIKE TAU
NOTICE ME TG SENPAI IM NOT GAY LIKE TAU
>>
>>46517691
Ya ya ya. I hates tao too. Am i a cool kid naw? Hyaaaa
>>
>>46517489
> be games workshop employee
> wander up to anyone over 15 as soon as they enter the store because you're desperate to talk to an actual human being
> they say "just looking thanks"
> wipe away the tears, increase prices on the paints until your lunch break
>>
>>46517711
I heard from Jessica that Tau's Empire is so small. Like, really, embarrassingly small. She said it only encompassed a couple-hundred systems. Not only that, but he didn't even know any of the Chaos positions!
>>
This is why you go to third party hobbyist shops instead.

They'll just let you roam around in peace.
>>
>>46517776
>third party hobbyist shop
>roam around

>implying they aren't cramped as fuck, full of musty stank and unsold stock from nearly a decade ago being bleached by the sun.
>>
>>46517805
This is true, though I'll take it over a badgering from a whipped gw employee any day of the week.
>>
>>46517824
I'd rather just shop online, you shouldn't have to choose between 2 shit options in 2016, brick and mortar stores should be worth going to instead of the internet.

They aren't
>>
>>46517740
>lunchbreak, buy rope
>come back to store through employee door, see coworker sexing a cute boy on the couch in the employee room
>another coworker is rifling through cute boys wallet
>Stick head through door into store interior, another coworker has civilians against the wall at gunpoint forcing them to buy Riptides and Imperial Knights
>Go to managers office to talk to him, he's worshipping Billy Mays sale techniqes with satanic runes of blood
>pay a pound to get into bathroom
>try to hang self but rope breaks
>cry
>>
>>46517844
they rebrand your store to a Warhammer store, now none of your paychecks line up with the store name so they stop paying you in money and instead pay you in unsold bretonian blister packs
> some asshole kid comes in and asks when your next painting workshop is, you don't know when your next meal is so you tell the kid to fuck off
>your manage reports you because you didn't rob him before throwing him out of the store
> get told to shape up or they'll start paying you in night goblin sprues
>>
>>46517837
This is also true, but it's nice to pop into an actual store every once in a while if you're in town anyway.
>>
>>46517899
I'm not sure that is is, really.

generally the owners are sitting behind the pointer painting or making something and they don't want to chat about hobbies beyond their specific interests.

the atmosphere is very much like you walked into his living room and hes annoyed
>>
>>46517915
It's a shame, because I totally get that. It's a shame the atmosphere in these places has become so toxic and insular in recent years. They used to be much better when I was younger. I suppose I just like to have a poke around for nostalgia's sake.
>>
>>46517934
that's part of the problem I think, a lot of visitors to the store just look about and then leave.

The stores struggle, so I can see why a longtime owner wouldn't be the friendliest.
>>
>>46517949
That's moronic.
People visiting and browsing isn't a problem.
And while it may be problematic when they don't buy, that doesn't imply the fault is with the consumer.
Being a shitbird proprietor doesn't fix that issue, it exacerbates it.
>>
>>46517949

And dry humping the customer's leg to the point where they get turned off from your store entirely is better?

If nobody's buying your shit, that means you either don't have the kinds of things people want or your prices are too damn high. Given we're talking about GW take a guess as to what the problem is.
>>
>>46517691
haha oh wow ya i agree
tau are shitgay and only for people not as cool and mature as me (i'm 14 btw)
i only play space marines and chaos because all other factions r just stupid
hahaha o wow why would anyone play tau? that's just stupid
>>
>>46518491

It doesn't excuse it but it does explain it. People don't buy much from GW stores when online is cheaper and GW support for the community has dropped rather heavily.
>>
>>46517892
>the sprues don't even have models
>>
>>46518606
> go home to you sprue shack, add the day's sprue earnings to your bitz box
> plan to expand your sprueshack by faking a recycling drive in store
> your manager is wise to you sprue dreams and punishes you by gluing your spruedoor to your sprue shack
> have to pay him some of your sprues so he'll clip an exit door for you
> he holds out his hand to collect the sprue
> his hand is made of sprue
> he says "I need the sprue to build a wife"
> he starts to cry
> you start to cry
> tears made of sprue fall down your sprue cheeks
> he sues you for copyright infringement
>>
>>46517844
Haha in Australia you don't have co-workers in a GW store. They cut it back to one employee in the store at a time.
Fucking lunacy.
>>
>>46518781
the spiders ate the rest of the employees.

if you ask the last guy if they have more of a certain product in the store room he will say no, not because they don't, but because going in there is a death sentence.

the webs covered in blood and spilled aardcoat cans cover the stock, death is the only product available in that room.
>>
>>46517489
Doing the God-Emperor's work, anon.
>>
File: laughingGitz dot jpeg.gif (75 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
laughingGitz dot jpeg.gif
75 KB, 1200x1200
>>46518735
> he sues you for copyright infringement
Fucking lost.
>>
>>46517934
Jesus anons, where are you even going? I go to my GW to browse, get the white dwarf, and sometimes just chat with other folks. The store manager is really nice, let's you both browse in peace and very helpful if you need anything. I generally buy my stuff there, even though there is the internet because the guy is gold.
>>
>Be Games Workshop Employee
>15 year old comes in
>"I want to play Space Marines!"
>Stack ten drop pod kits and five rhino's infront of him
>"This should do for a low point starter game"
>Wake up in hospital 2 days later
>Turns out the kid was actually Alpharius
>>
>>46518735
This is amazing
>>
>>46520484
>be GW employee
> holding a terrain making workshop for all the dribler kids who don't know how to glue shit onto based and make it look like some out of scale terrain
>Some sticky fingered fuckhead comes up to me if modelling supplies from non-GW companies would work just as well.
>Green Stuff (tm) him to the ceiling while his family watch, pleading for mercy
>'Ardcoat (tm) the Green Stuff (tm) so it gets a nice GW (c) Finish
>Leave him there as a warning for the other brand traitors
>My manager comes back from his break
>sees what I've done to the 12 year old kid for asking a question
>Gives me his daughter's hand in marriage (For a reasonable fee) and makes me a Deputy-Sub-Assistant-duty-trainee Manager
>Cry tears of Clearcoat (tm) in joy
>Report my manager for making a non-Games Workshop (tm) transaction within a Games Workshop (tm) store
>He is dragged off to the spruemines to live the rest of his days mining sprue
>>
>>46522844
>Tom Kirby sits at his desk, his nude body glistening with a fresh coat of Matte Varnish
>latest reports from the sprue mines indicate that production is slowing
>the Kirby is displeased
>his dark brows knit together in an expression of deep concern
>the Shareholders must never know
>he cuts the sprue miner's rations in half
>and issues himself another large dividend
>of sprues
>sighing contentedly, the Kirby leans back in his chair and inhales deeply from a nearby bottle of Smelly Primer
>life is good
>>
>>46517489
Reasonable response to a Taufag
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.