[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be disrespectful to open cardpacks/boxes that I didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: p1270383.jpg (5 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
p1270383.jpg
5 MB, 3648x2736
Would it be disrespectful to open cardpacks/boxes that I didn't buy from the a shop?

In addition, will I be expected to buy things when I go to play casuals at my local tcg shop?

I'm new to going to tcg shops and I only really plan on buying singles from other players. Is this considered bad etiquette?

I wouldn't mind supporting my local tcg shop at 10-30% markup, but they charge $100 for a booster boxes that cost under $50 online(over 100% markup).
>>
>>46516907
Yes it's very disrespectful to buy your packs elsewhere but still use their facilities. Suppost your FLGS or it goes away.
No need to buy everything there but you should drop some cash periodically.

If you are uncool with that host your own tournaments in a local hall or something.

Expecting a 10-30% markup in a bricks and mortar store is unreasonable. They are kind enough to give you somewhere to play for hours and presumably little to no charge. Support them for being cool like that, a booster per visit shouldn't be that unreasonable.
>>
>>46516907
Common sense, anon.

What if somebody walked in to your restaurant and ate chinese takeout and left?
>>
>>46517015
Dropping $100-175(varied from stores i've seen for the exact same shit, namely boosters cause magic makes money) in a single purchase per week is not okay not matter what its for or how much you have. "Oh no i wore my shoes for a whole week better go buy a new pair from Nike's!" Same deal. it just sounds retarded especially when you can get shit at half price elsewhere.
>>
>>46517143
Buying a booster box a week seems horribly excessive, no matter the price.
>>
>>46517143
One booster pack costs like 5 bucks. That's all I'm saying. You don't need to get your boxes of boosters there.

If you don't want to support the store don't use their facilities. Simple as that.

Thinking I was telling you to drop over $100 per week makes me question your mental faculties. If you want a supportive eco chamber for your asshole decisions I wont be someone to provide it.
>>
Dear OP,

Don't be a fuckin' leech.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overhead_(business)
>>
>>46517190
I never said i was going to i was saying dropping that kind of money per visit, the average person seems to go around once a week, is insane just to support a store. Especially when most are making a killing off shit like food or singles.
>>
Yes, I go to a club and I'd rather stay in there and buy a can of Irn Bru for 80p than walk down the street and pay 50p, and regularly pick up odd paints and stuff.

It's a small investment for long-term enjoyment.
>>
>>46517214
Again, who the hell buys a booster box a week?
>>
>>46517214
$5ish bucks once a week is insane?
>>
>>46517221
They charge 2,5€ for a can of coke at my flgs, the greedy jews.
>>
>>46517298
What country?
>>
>>46517298
Because motherfuckers come in and play games all day without buying any models or cards.
>>
>>46517312
>>46517315
Belgium, and it's literally the only flgs around for miles, so people are bound to buy stuff there
>>
>>46517221

>can of Irn Bru

A what?
>>
>>46517240
>>46517254

Dude, he's just a moron who misinterpreted someone saying a "booster" as meaning an entire "booster box".
>>
>>46517396
Super shitty but somehow popular drink in the EU more towards UK but its been spreading. Its been doing a LOT of "subtle" adverts on shows and movies and even youtube channels that basically go "stop everything you're doing somewhere around the half way mark, pull out a bottle of IRN BRU, take a nice long swig with that satisfied AH! at the end, and, if applicable, talk to your on screen partner, who has no prior knowledge of IRN BRU we swear, about IRN BRU. In depth."
>>
>>46517544
>irn bru
>shit

get tae fuck
>>
>>46517604
>i like the taste of literal piss and shit
Yeah, okay.
>>
File: [email protected] (440 KB, 1890x1110) Image search: [Google]
products@2x.png
440 KB, 1890x1110
>>46517396

Iron Brew, literally made from girders.

>>46517544

>Irn Bru
>shit

Bollocks is it, it's one of the nicer fizzy drinks.

Goes great with vodka too.
>>
>>46516907
Depends on how long you've been there and you they hav that set, but usually yes

The store is is business. What if say I find th thing that's relatively inexpensive but has a high markup for the store an get that, or just draft on draft nights.

Consider it buying something you'd buy anyway an you're giving the store like 5/week to stay open.
>>
>>46516907
Also the reason they charge 100 is probably because they bought it at 90- lgs's tend to buy from suppliers and sit on inventory, so they can't slash prices without a loss.

Also where do you get boxes under 50?
>>
>>46518704
Maybe mass drop?
I always see people going in for wholesale loads of boxes there.
>>
>>46518661
Theres a reason there's health bans on it in 5 times as many countries as its allowed in and those countries have lax standards on health, namely britain.
>>
I steal from my FLGS. I sometimes open 40k boxes and remove sprues, carefully tucking the factory seal in again, then put the box back on the shelf. I hate myself, but it gives me so much kicks.
>>
>>46517544
>somehow popular drink in the EU

didn't know Scotland counted as the whole of EU
>>
>>46518843
Yeah it's just one of those dyes people sperged out over. They're already voluntarily replacing it but haven't set a date yet.
>>
>>46516907
You are creating shrinkage for the store, not the publisher. And all to cheat at a lottery for rares in a game that lies at the heart of a culture of playing to win WITHOUT cheating which the store personifies and which the economic fortune of the proprietor is tied to.

Don't buy if you don't like the price. Yes, you will be expected to purchase, but you are not obligated. Welcome to capitalism.

10/10
>>
>>46516907
>MtG players
>not being disrespectful
You'd be an outlier in your community if you cared about someone else.
>>
My LGS charges $160 for a booster box.

I don't really think they even expect me to buy boxes there. They make most of their money from other things, and still sell a ton of boxes to less price aware customers.
>>
>>46518922
Its getting traction in surrounding countries, mostly britain, through the use of those adverts i mentioned and is getting the "new thing everyone buy it quick!" Treatment. Its like rockstar in america and how most thought it was shit flavor but people still bought that crap up from 04-08.
>>
>>46516907
Let me put your question in a different context.

Would it be rude to walk into a Starbucks with a box lunch and drink, enjoy your meal, and leave without buying anything?
>>
>>46519196
Irn Bru is a power gap better than Rockstar.
>>
>>46517363
>be Belgian
>get blown up
>>
>>46519263
No. If they don't want people to do that they should
>charge at the door
>or hang a sign
>or get rid of their seating area

If a store is too retarded to compete it's not my job to give them charity.
>>
>>46520480
>only one LGS in the whole damned country
>still gotta worry about terrorists fucking up the place cause my countries only like 4 city blocks wide and explosions tend to be big
At least you have waffles.
>>
>>46520515
>want to give a nice friendly vibe to customers
>let me just put up a sign in their face telling them they can't do shit
>let me just hire a bouncer thats a nice impression to give
>let me just take away one of the few things keeping customers in my store and hopefully buying shit
You're an idiot and a leech.
>>
>>46520515
That's why is called etiquette, not rules, autism lord.
>>
>>46520515
Would it be rude if I walked into your house and pissed on your floor?
There's no sign hanging on your door that said I can't so it's not my job to care who cleans it up.
>>
>>46520746
Well to be fair i have a no soliciting, no trespassing, and beware of dogs signs at the driveway entrance and in front of my door. You've been warned twice the third is saltshot.
>>
>>46520746
>implying I own my own house
>>
>>46517113
Not him, but that's a fallacious argument. No chinese restaurant also sets up tables for you to come by and specifically eat whatever you want there, including Mexican, American, Chinese, or Ethiopian. If my store got mad at me for not buying a D&D book every time I go in there to play D&D with my friends, you can bet your ass I would go somewhere else.
>>
>>46521342
>implying store owners give a shit what RPG players, the cheapest, most worthless customers think
>>
>>46521825
>implying those same rpg customers don't do other business there.
Hell every lgs I have been to ttrpgs are one of the lesser reasons I go there, I prefer to play them with friends in private, peanut galleries are annoying when you are playing a ttrpg. Usually I would go there for minis games and board games.
>>
>>46522202
That wasn't really targeted at you then was it.
>>
>>46522202
>implying those same rpg customers don't do other business there.
He has a point. Where else would i hit my dealer up at? Where else would i find the lowdown on which gamestop sells shit under the counter? Where else would i blast $5 on a can of coke?
>>
>>46520515
Normal civilized people know that the venue and facilities are for customers. To be a customer, you're supposed to pay for the goods or services provided by the store, if not every time then at least now and then. And don't just use the venue to do other unrelated shit and take up space for paying customers, which is what you do if you draft cards you bought somewhere else there and don't actually buy anything.

Only hobos walk into a restaurant to use the bathroom and eat food they brought with them, same with game stores.

Are you really going to act like a hobo and then use the childish argument that nobody told you that you couldn't do that specific thing?

If we can't rely on people acting like human beings we'd have to put up "please wipe ass after taking a dump" in the bathroom or "don't spit on the floor" in every public venue.

Grow the fuck up and stop trying to rules-lawyer yourself out of having to behave like an adult.
>>
>>46526627
>I have to buy products at a ridiculous mark up just to have the privilege of playing with you

Yeah, nah, you're a cunt. I don't give a shit if the store goes under, it's not my fault the owner can figure out how to discount. it won't anyway since there's always a group of whales who keep them afloat.

I've been going to two different stores for about 8 years and proudly spent less than $75 at either location.
>>
>>46527670
>I should not support the business that I am at. I should force them to make rules related to their game spaces or just let them go out of business because I can't be assed with supporting them.
People like you are why local stores are dieing or make stupid ass rules about what you can do.
>>
>>46529439
How can anyone pay $60.00 for a board game he get online for $35.00?
>>
>>46527670
If that makes you proud you must have fuck all to live for
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.