[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Standard General: Brewing Edition Drafting SOI is something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
Standard General: Brewing Edition

Drafting SOI is something I'm looking forward to but a meta without Rhinos and fetchlands is gonna feel so nice. I've yet to see a respectable Werewolf deck, and there's gotta be something to the monoblack zombie option I'm not seeing.

Tutelage might finally have some decent targets. Tutelage into Talent of the Telapth into Startle Awake with a Rise from the Tides in hand seems satisfying if I weren't dead from B/R aggro vamps after Startle anyways.

All non-U/R madness players should have three Call the Bloodline right?

>Playin
>Brewin
>Buildin
>Most Interesting new card

As is, I plan on running grixis jank every fnm until I make it work without baby jace : tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grixis-spellspam/
>they gave me the faerie, it's my job to make it work

most interesting card in the whole set is Skin Invasion
best card in the series is pic related
>>
First for go away budget poorfags
>>
So, how does the latest RW equipments deck look?
>>
what is the best website to test decks on?
>>
>>46516198
Most people, myself included, seem to use tappedout. There's also cockatrice or of course MTGO.
>>
>really miss magic
>had to quit due to being poor
>desperately want to play again
Thinking of trying to put together W/U humans or B/R madness aggro as they seem like they're in my price range
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gw-soi-humans-1/

Fairly noob player, I have pieced this together, another player in a thread a few days ago advised me to take out some spells so I changed that a little and put in a couple of extra creatures - I am just trying to find maybe a 3 or 4 mana drop creature to replace Solitary Hunter (since he's so difficult to flip unless I essentially skip a turn) I just can't seem to find anything that's equally strong at a similar mana cost - any recommendations/thoughts?
>>
>>46517038
Uw is solid. Manowars and ojitais
>>
File: playa.jpg (372 KB, 593x564) Image search: [Google]
playa.jpg
372 KB, 593x564
I'm thinking of making an Eldrazi Processor deck, but need some clarification first.
If you use an instant or flash in a creature, can you use the opponents' card in "madness-exile" to fuel processing-effects?
>>
>>46517498
as far as I can tell no. Opponent discards and it goes to exile where he then has the opportunity to cast it for the madness cost. Would mean to me that if you got passed priority there and process the card he could just in response play it for madness and if he casts it it's not targetable in the exile anymore.
At least that would make sense for me, I can ask a judge on the next occasion though
>>
>>46517038

XMAGE
M
A
G
E

>$0.00
>Play everything you like, whenever you like
>For 0 (zero) money
>>
I pulled avacyn during prerelease, you guys think I should trade her in for some windswept heaths or keep her for now?
>>
>>46518027
I'm not expecting it to go much higher than what she already is. Cool card, but not a particularly effective wincon in many situations. dunno.
>>
>>46518027
Avacyn will be a major player in standard but fetchlands are long-term investment. If you want to play it keep it, otherwise trading into a fetchland is always nice, if you do it trade asap, prices always drop after release.
>>
This is probably a good place to ask. I usualy play DnD, but recently two of my friends started to play Magic. They bought the Blessed vs. Cursed and Zendikar vs. Eldrazi duel decks. I wanna join them by buying my own intro pack. Which one would you recommend? It doesn't have to be SoI.
>>
File: gpoe.jpg (52 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
gpoe.jpg
52 KB, 312x445
>>46515113
W for 1/1 Flying, tap opponent's creature

BTFO of Suntail Hawk
>>
>>46517671
Last time I saw the question asked in a judge thread, processing a madness card was actually possible, but don't recall the specifics unfortunately. I guess Eldrazi Processors were all on their own meant to only be sorcery-speed to avoid this issue most cases.
>>
When you discard a card with madness, can you play it at instant speed? I'm thinking yes because otherwise madness creatures make no sense, but want to confirm because sometimes rules are weird.
>>
>>46518562
There's a small window between when you discard the card and when you actually pay for the Madness where there's a Madness trigger on the stack that your opponent can respond to. For example by processing your Madness card.
>>
>>46518622
Yes, even if it's a creature or sorcery
>>
>tfw Swiftspear is rotating
That and Stormchaser would have been fucking glorious together
>>
>>46515113
I've p breeing Sultai Delirium combining a mill core (Sphinx's Tutelage + Forgotten Creation) that should work nicely with the Gitrog Monster and Mindwrack Demon as draw engines.

Delirium.dec

Creatures: 17
>Mindwrack Demon x3
>Jace, Vryn's Prodigy x3
>The Gitrog Monster x3
>Forgotten Creation x3
>Geralf's Masterpiece x2
>Thing in the Ice x3

Sorceries: 9
>Alms of the Vein x4
>Traverse the Ulvenwald x3
>Startled Awake x2

Enchantments: 4
>Sphinx's Tutelage x4

Instants: 8
>To the Slaughter x2
>Negate x4
>Corpse Churn x2

Lands:
>Chocked Estuary x4
>Yavimaya Coast x4
>Llanowar Wastes x4
>Island x4
>Swamp x4
>Forest x4

Geralf's Masterpiece is there because its an excellent creature to mill into your yard and enables beatdown strategies alongside Gitrog, Awoken Horror and Mindwrack Demon. Thing in the Ice is there because of the fair share of Horrors and Sorcery/Spells thedeck has, giving it increased longevity and inevitability.
>>
rate my shitbrew /tg/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-04-16-soi-aristocrats/

Been thinking about trying an alternate version as just BW with some control in there for fun. Might end up just building the both.
>>
I normally just lurk mtggoldfish daily until I see a budget deck I like and slightly modify it.
I'm unimaginative as fuck.
>>
I'm going to a standard tournament thing this saturday, for the first time, so I was wondering - how many people there will have 4x copies of all the SOI cards they need for their deck? Will they all have ordered them and got them delivered somehow, or just opened enough packs by that point in time?
>>
>>46519414
Unless they preordered them from that store, probably not. Most people are going to be playing jank brews until the next big standard event
>>
>>46519430
So the total jank brew I'm making now will be just at home there? Sweet. I'm trying to make a GW deck that can use clues to tutor ulamog, or pump out enough tokens / creatures to flip Westvale Abbey.
>>
>>46515113

U/B delirium is going to see play, shame I can't afford flip Jaces. its gonna look something like this

Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
Mindwracker Demon
Dragonlord Silumgar
Thing in the Ice
Deadweight
Ultimate Price
Sinister Concoction
Ruinous Path
Just the Wind
some other beaters
some shitty counterpells
>>
File: soijund.png (25 KB, 356x831) Image search: [Google]
soijund.png
25 KB, 356x831
Been working on a Jund Midrange brew, unsure whether to mainboard Kalitas or Dark Dwellers. Kalitas wards off aggro and turns kill spells into value, but the Dark Dwellers offer versatility against control matchups.
>>
>>46515113

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brood-displacer-combo-3/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-04-16-rakdos-vampires/
>>
File: sarkhan unbroken.jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
sarkhan unbroken.jpg
69 KB, 312x445
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-03-16-temur-ramp/

I just want to believe, /tg/.

Also Crater Elemental might be surprisingly good at holding back aggressive decks until Atarka hits
>>
>>46519806
I'd say Dark-Dwellers. You have a pathetically small number of creatures and that means that your opponents will be dying to use their kill spells that have been rotting in their hands. Better to stick to the guaranteed 2-for-1 than Kalitas.
>>
>>46519896
Death Cap Cultivator is better than Leaf Glider.
>>
>>46519896
It also wouldn't hurt to run Oath of Nissa and Traverse the Ulvenwald.
>>
>>46518947
>3 colors

Nigga
>>
do you think b/g reanimator might be good? theres gitrog monster, mindwrack demon, woodland belower, ever after and that green tutor with delirium
>>
>>46519414
Generally people play the aggro brews because they are the safest bet before the next big tournament hits and they all can NetDeck the pros for the actual working decks, so they most likely havent invested into the SOI cards.
>>
>>46520794
Yeah, risky I know, but I really think the manabase is solid enough. Half the lands are fual and only 4 of those enter tapped, and only conditionally so.

Any advice other than excluding one of the colors?
>>
>>46520835
I play aggro brews because I'm broke as shit and don't want to invest $400+ for a midrange deck.

That being said, does Red have any place in the new meta? RDW and Atarka red look pretty slow compared to pre-rotation.
>>
>>46517671
>>46517498

The way Madness currently works is that there is a static ability generating a replacement effect which says If a player would discard this card, that player discards it, but exiles it instead of putting it into his or her graveyard" and a triggered ability which says "When this card is exiled this way, its owner may cast it by paying [cost] rather than paying its mana cost. If that player doesn't, he or she puts this card into his or her graveyard."

So there is a period of time when the card is in exile and the Madness triggered ability is on the stack. A processor flashed in before this triggered ability resolves would be able to process the card with Madness.

What I'm checking now is whether or not the controller of the Madness trigger could still cast that card.
>>
>>46521433

Also please note these rules only come into effect as of tomorrow (The 8th of April).
>>
>>46521433
>What I'm checking now is whether or not the controller of the Madness trigger could still cast that card.

They can't.
>>
File: Image.png (136 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
136 KB, 223x311
**IGNORE THIS POST**
this card is broken but it's a secret so don't tell anyone
**IGNORE THIS POST**
>>
>>46519896
Why bother with Sarkhan when Arlinn Kord is cheaper and does more?
>>
>>46523301
This crazy bitch won me my pre-release. She was a killing machine.
>>
>>46521433
They can't the changing of zones makes it so Madness treats it like a new object.

I don't remember what the rule number is though
>>
>>46523536
603.6 covers it at the least. You can not cast a madness card that moved zones.
>>
File: Dust Stalker.jpg (144 KB, 767x1042) Image search: [Google]
Dust Stalker.jpg
144 KB, 767x1042
>>46523609
So, flashing processors truly counters madness?
If so, then I'm all hype for making a deck on it. Should I go for UBR, UB, RU or another color-combination?
>>
>>46523657
Doesn't even HAVE to be flashed in, I am thinking about packing 2 oracle of dust in my board for madness. But yes, you can counter madness with instant speed processing.
>>
>>46523422
1. I want to play Sarkhan Unbroken before he rotates
2. He fits my ramp strategy better
>>
>>46518909
they were, pre soi
>>
File: 1457185154592.jpg (69 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
1457185154592.jpg
69 KB, 427x640
>>46515113
lads bout to pick up my first standard deck and some SOI packs, what deck should i play?
>>
>>46517778
No idea what that is, if it's some online program I have zero interest. I could play tons of card games for cheap or free online, but the social aspect of card games is more than half the reason to play to me
>>
>>46519398
Isn't that what 99.9% of players do now? Try desperately to find a budget deck somewhere?
>>
so just buying one right out?
>>
Going to use a UR Prowess tomorrow that is roughly patched to cover for the lost Swiftspears and Treasure Cruises.

Building a UB Mill... the options are crazy.
>>
>>46525197

Izzet burn seems decent. I'm running Mardu Midrange.
>>
>>46525232
What even counts as budget nowadays? Fuck, $200 on a deck seems budget for fucking standard.
>>
>>46525540
How are you doing the Mill deck?, I'm using Forgotten Creation + Sphinx's Tutelage + Gitrog.
>>
>>46527129
For real though. Some people came to an FNM at my local store last week and the majority of players, save maybe 3 or 4, run relatively cheap, homebrew decks with just what they get from boosters, intro packs, and the occasional purchase, so it's relatively casual. But these dudes had full bags with folders with 4x of every card from origins onwards, several EDH decks with them even though we were only playing standard, a bunch of expensive fetchlands and planeswalkers - I think the worst part of Magic is how strong the secondary market can be and how much some people pay and are able to pay to be competitive. It's disappointing that WOTC panders to collectors by not reprinting expensive cards and simultaneously does nothing about the secondary market - anyone that wants to play on a budget is basically doomed to a jank deck that will lose 90% of the time to an expensive deck of purchased cards.

I'm sure it happens in most if not all card games like this, but that doesn't make it anymore ridiculous or annoying.
>>
alright anons, siege rhino has left the building and you know that means it's time for best deck ever to return to the spotlight. featuring EXCLUSIVELY 4 ofs, not a SINGLE soi card, i present to you the fnm-breaking wonder deck that WIZARDS DOESN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT
maro HATES this
this deck will CRUSH the $1000 piles everyone else will be playing and it doesn't require a SINGLE ounce of thought to play
with no further ado...

4 Gnarlroot Trapper
4 Elvish Visionary
4 Dwynen's Elite
4 Leaf Gilder
4 Sylvan Advocate
4 Shaman of the Pack
4 Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Tajuru Warcaller
4 Evolving Wilds
4 Hissing Quagmire
4 Llanowar Wastes
4 Forest
4 Swamp
4 Collected Company
SB: 4 Duress
SB: 4 Gilt-Leaf Winnower
SB: 4 Foul-Tongue Shriek
>>
>>46527939
>Flaying Tendrils
>Languish
>Hallowed Moonlight
>Radiant Flames

:^) easy
>>
>>46527964
1v1 me faggot ill FUCK you up you stupid nigger
>>
oh shit my senpaitachi I forgot that beastcaller savant is a card holy SHIT this is based and it's an ally too
>>
File: 1394140943996.jpg (102 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
1394140943996.jpg
102 KB, 300x269
>>46527939
>Running Leaf Glider instead of Beastcaller Savant
>Running x4 Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen
>>
>>46528106
Dwynen is an easy 4 of my friend, I have literally no idea why you'd run less. There are 28 other elves in the deck, her body is decent and she represents a ludicrous amount of power on your board each turn they don't kill her. The only problem is her mana cost rather than her legendary status and I'd rather cut messengers than the card that is bigger and immediately impacts the board
>>
>>46527939
Throw in a few westvale Abby, that way late game if they try to board wipe u, u can just sac ur elves in response and bring out indestructible giga nigga demon
>>
>>46528639
Wow I never thought of that shit lol wtf too bad I don have space for 4 of them though
>>
File: dolan.png (92 KB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
dolan.png
92 KB, 500x550
>>46515113

>bought a playset of archangel of tithes a week ago when they still were like 5$ each
>preordered declaration in stone when it was 2$

I KNEW those cards were about to spike.
>>
>>46515113
If you aren't on team eldrazi this season you are the enemy. DEATH TO JACE AND AVACYN!
>>
>>46529494
>not running white eldrazis
>>
>>46529536
gib decklist pls
>>
>>46529536
Is that CFB dude's list?
>>
File: white colorless.png (17 KB, 539x549) Image search: [Google]
white colorless.png
17 KB, 539x549
>>46529648
here

>>46529733
no, can you share the link? i wanna see
>>
>>46529785
>avacyn in same deck with knight and displacer
lol enjoy killing ur own shit RETARD
just like avacyn did
daily reminder that avacyn got what she deserved
>>
>>46529887
>implying avacyn goes poorly with eldrazi displacer
Okay anon, it's my opponent's turn and they kill one of my things to trigger (heh) avacyn and kill my displacer. So next upkeep, I have avacyn's radiant flames on the stack, and an eldrazi displacer in play. Tell me anon, what is the play here? Can you figure it out? I believe in you anon.
>>
File: Pepe_gun.jpg (6 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_gun.jpg
6 KB, 200x194
>opponent's board is starting to look scary with lots of shit ready to untap and wreck me
>decide to tap a Reckless Scholar so I can discard Welcome to the Fold and cast it for 6 to gain control of his best creature
>forget that I already cast a Sleep Paralysis (Claustrophobia) on it two turns earlier
>>
What's the concensus on Relentless Dead? Is it going to drop or should I buy now?
>>
>>46530509
it's fucking $15 anon lmao of course it's gonna drop, even if the aggro decks that could play it end up being strong they aren't going to be a big enough % of the field that the demand for this card will be high enough to maintain that price tag
>>
>>46530509
It will drop by half. Zombie tribal isn't strong enough with the current set for his demand to stay at what it is. At the moment the buyers are Modern and EDH players getting it for jank.

Think of it like Drana from BfZ. At release she was pricey, but with the lack of support in BfZ and OGW she dropped heavily. She skyrockets with SoI due to the highly aggressive vampire tribal aspect.

Do keep an eye on him though near Eldritch Moon spoiler time. If EM supports zombies he will spike like Drana has.
>>
Trying to settle on a deck for gameday, managed to pick up a baby jace today (for $10 from a friend i might add) but its my only one, is it worth investing in something like esper control with just the 1 jace? or am I just better off running B/W control at that point?
>>
>>46529785
It's in the comments.
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/my-picks-for-week-1/
>>
>>46529926
shut the fuck up you mongoloid
>>
File: demonicpact.jpg (41 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
demonicpact.jpg
41 KB, 265x370
Brewing some Demonic Pact jank cause I think it's such a darn cool card. BU zombie shell fits it nicely, I think. Relentless Dead is very grindy and can hopefully slow games down for Pact value to take over.

Can anyone think of any value ways to get a Demonic Pact off the board? Probably gonna splash white for Angelic Purge and Sorin, and Silumgar's Command is still an okay-ish option.

pls don't say Ancestral Statue
>>
>>46531416
4 Demonic Pact
4 Starfield of Nyx
4 Oath of Gideon
4 Angelic Purge
4 Oath of Jace
4 Dead Weight
1 Disperse
4 Evolving Wilds
3 Prairie Stream
3 Sunken Hollow
2 Port Town
2 Choked Estuary
2 Plains
2 Swamp
1 Island
4 Shambling Vent
2 Planar Outburst
1 Caves of Koilos
3 Silumgar's Command
1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
1 Languish
3 Ultimate Price
1 Narset Transcendent
SB: 2 Dispel
SB: 2 Painful Truths
SB: 1 Narset Transcendent
SB: 2 Languish
SB: 1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
SB: 1 Jace, Unraveler of Secrets
SB: 3 Anguished Unmaking
SB: 3 Infinite Obliteration
>>
Is Arlinn Kord overhyped or should I pick up my playset now?
>>
>>46531843
she'll probably go down a bit. she definitely is not overhyped but there aren't going to be that many red green decks, that much is for sure.
>>
>>46531843
Want to talk overhyped? Look at Cryptolite Rite, gonna be fun playin natural state with a smug face.
>>
>>46532409
T1 Land, Blisterpod
T2 Land, Cryptolith, Blisterpod
T3 Smasher/Thought-Knot
T4 Sower

Shits actually busted
>>
>>46527129
For the previous standard (KTK-OGW) I ran a U/W Enchantment deck that was a little less than $200.

About 60% of the value of the deck was from Fetchlands and the rest of the cards were a couple bucks or less.

Likewise, back in RTR-Theros standard I played a decent BG deck where most of the deck's value was in DRS and Abrupt Decay. Again, I lost minimal $$ there too.

The best way to do budget MtG is to choose a deck wherein a lot of the cards have applications in other formats so that you're not shelling out $30 for a Dragonlord Ojutai that'll be $3 after rotation. Sure a lot of the cards might not be worth much after but I wouldn't even spend $200 on a deck if I knew it would be worth less than 1/4th of that after rotation.
>>
File: ANON.jpg (48 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
ANON.jpg
48 KB, 265x370
>>46532504
SMUG FACE
>>
File: Devil.jpg (47 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Devil.jpg
47 KB, 375x523
>tfw Devil tribal will never be a thing
>tfw your shitty, DeviantArt tokens will never see use

BETTER FUCKING KILL MYSELF, SENPAI.
>>
>>46527129
Around 4-500 now it seems. I remember like 3 years ago the most expensive decks were maybe 500, many were available for 100-200 and RDW was like 70 dollars. Now I am told if I have a budget that's "only 200" I should just play something else as it's not enough for even the cheapest deck. Did the game really quintuple in popularity in 3-4 years?
>>
Anyone know when shitty big business stores get these sets? Walmart Target etc
>>
>>46533253
Well, 4 years ago was 2013 and we were in the first innistrad. Which had a famous draft environment along with tribal themes that are always popular among casuals. A lot of people started in innistrad. Then we had RTR, which was also incredibly popular. Then we had theros, which was even more popular. Then we had khans, where I personally know many people started, as well as the reprint of ONS fetches caught the attention of retired players and lured many of them back.

It's not farfetched to say the game has expanded dramatically in only 3-4 years.
>>
>>46533416
4 years ago was 2012*. Fucking mobile keyboard
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 223x311
So how will this sorcery warp the entire format around it like lightning bolt did?
>>
>>46533287
Saturday.
>>
>>46533469
Lightning bolt is modern but this will easily be a $12-$20 rare staple in every X/W standard deck from here until it cycles out.
>>
>>46533506
thanks
>>
>>46533469
Lets your opponent replace the cards and its sorcery speed, its shit.
>>
>>46535099
heh.
>>
File: ULTIMATE BOMB.jpg (138 KB, 624x445) Image search: [Google]
ULTIMATE BOMB.jpg
138 KB, 624x445
GUYS
GUYS
WHAT IF?

WHAT IF, THIS IS ACTUALLY A DECK?

END OF OPPONENTS TURN DROP THE BOMB
MAIN PHASE, ACTIVATE IT
GG WP

MAKE A JANKY DECK AROUND THIS
DO IT RIGHT NOW IM GOING TO BRING IT TO FNM TOMORROW AND POST RESULTS.
>>
>>46533416
Actually anon the answer is no, the game did not magically quintuple in size to match the magical doubling of standards price over a single season. Wizards just intentionally makes sure cards are high priced
>>
File: invasivesurgery[1].jpg (43 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
invasivesurgery[1].jpg
43 KB, 265x370
>>46535433
GG no re?
>>
>>46535433
why would this be good? lmao
>>
>>46535794
Why WOULDN'T it be good. JUST LOOK AT IT.

Cast cheap monsters like Zulaport, Qarsi Sadist that drain the opponent when they die.

Drop a Liliana's Indignation for 5-6 using the Scions from the Carrier Thralls and you have a good chance of doing ilke 8 damage or more.

Next turn pass, EoOT GravePurge and drop another Lilianas and win the fucking game.

It's so fucking stupid and janky it could fucking work. No one fucking expects it and theres no more anafenza to fuck up your board and very little viable graveyard.

What could go wrong.
>>
>>46535919
>2 card combo that requires you to run shitty cards that don't do anything by themselves
>combo requires opponent to have played destroy removal instead of exile removal even though the format will be full of flaying tendrils, declaration in stone, silkwrap, and stasis snare
>combo autofolds to kalitas
>also running shitty creatures that don't block well or do anything by themselves? not sure if that's necessary to make the combo work should probably rethink that
>he doesn't know how to play aristocrats
>>
>>46535988
Pack some Vampiric Rites and Altar's reap and Nantuko Husk to protect your creatures from exile removal.

Drop some Grasp of Darkness on Kalitas

The point of the deck is that it's so stupid it might work given the circumstances. No one is going to expect graveyard shenanigans.
>>
>>46536143
>no one is going to expect graveyard shenanigans
>in innistrad
>when delirium is a set mechanic

Uh...
>>
ive built some jenky r/b madness vampire deck based on the 12 packs I got last saturday and will probably buy more. Madness is a really great mechanic, I feel.

my very simple question is how many lands do you guys usually run? ive found myself with very little lands in test games against a friend
>>
>>46536526
samefag here, also - a philosophical question

is it worth it to keep my precious flameblade angel in this deck or should I be super anal about reinforcing the theme of madness (granted I want to succeed in fnm)
>>
>>46536526
Depends on your deck but i generally just try to always have 21 lands, 23 if the deck is midrange, 26 if the deck is going for Control.
>>
>>46536736
i mean uh...
if you want to win, flameblade angel is not a constructed playable card. not at all. maybe in a reanimator deck? not in your deck, that is for sure. it's not even about the fact that she doesn't fit your deck, although that's also a problem. the card is too expensive and too unimpactful. anyway, we'll help you with your deck if you wanna post it, most decks will run something like 24 lands. really aggressive decks run as little as 20. if you're playing elves and have like 12 mana dorks you can go as low as 18 probably. if you want to cast a 5 drop on turn 5 a decent portion of the time without any mana dorks? 26 lands. it all depends, ramp for example doesn't run that many lands since they just want to accelerate and have nissa's pilgrimage to get more lands into their hand anyway for their land per turn.
>>
>>46536849
would be great to get some deck feedback, I guess my deck is a bit aggro, im going to write out the current list real quick
>>
>>46536888
oh I guess aggro isn't the right word. if the curve is super low, you can run as little as 20 lands. some aggro decks run more. i know that monored eldrazi runs 25 or 26 depending on the build and whether they are running hedron crawler.
>>
>>46536849

>>46536888
decklist

>creatures
2 x ember eye wolf
2 x heir of falkenrath
2 x sanitarium skeleton
2 x incorrigible youths
2 x insolent neonates
2 x bloodmad vampire
1 x pale rider of trostad ( good card)
1 x markov dreadknight
1 x elusive tormentor
1 x kindly stranger
1 x villager messanger

artifacts, sorceries enchantments etc
3 x senseless rage
3 x alms of the vein
2 x macabre walts
1 x ultimate price
1 x creeping dread
1 x fiery temper ( I need more)
2 x merciless resolve
2 x call the blood line
2 x lightning axe
1 x creeping dread
1 x murderers axe
1 x skeleton key
1 x read the bones

land
12 x swamp
7 x mountain
1 x cinder barrens
and 1 x foreboding ruins

like i said a little janky, what I got from my boosters last weekend and one trade.. I have a brief list of cards ill type out next that im considering whether or not to put into this deck
>>
Any opinions on G/W humans as a deck? I ran that back in original Innistrad and it seemed in my budget for this standard (outside of archangels which seem to be selling out everywhere and will probably be a 50 dollar card in a week or some shit)
>>
>>46537037
We've all had these scraps janky decks to play with, what i recomend is that you look for a Decklist online and try to see what other people are playing on the colors you chose.

As we see you are running B/R, so you should try to look for a more expensive deck that is similar to yours, then you go and replace the expensive cards you can't get right away and put your budget alternatives, that way you can atleast keep the deck similar enough and know what you have to get to upgrade your deck later on.

The most important part is that you upgrade your deck from budget status to something atleast non-budget.

AT LEAST on your mana base, get the Smoldering Marshs and Foreboding Ruins and such, the lands will never lose too much value and you can use them on a variety of decks later on if you wish and your deck will become much better when you nullify getting mana screwed over your colors.
>>
>>46537037
cards im considering

mind rot
oblivion strike
2 dead weight
rancid rats
2 shamble back
inverter of truth
ghoulsteed
dark dabbling
dual shot
grotesque mutation
structural distortion
titans strength
inner struggle
spiteful motives
malevolent whispers
>>
Running an awful white/blue tutelage deck. I have myth realized thrown in there for reasons.

4x Clutch of Currents
3x Myth Realized
2x Immolating Glare
1x Quarantine Field
2x Thing in the Ice
2x Just the Wind
4x Sphinx's Tutelage
1x Fleeting Memories
2x Trail of Evidence
1x Void Shatter
2x Scatter to the Winds
2x Containment Membrane
2x Grip of the Roil
1x Startled Awake
4x Comparative Analysis
2x Rise from the Tides
1x Planar Outburst
4x Blighted Cataract
4x Port Town
10x Island
6x Plains

I'm probably going to pick up a couple of Journal of Tamiyo and at least antoher Fleeting Memories, and perhaps fit in another Trail of Evidence and get rid of the Comparative Analysis, which I'm not a huge fan of. I'm just trying to lock down the board and win by milling, but I'm pretty sure there's better ways to do this.

What I'm wondering is, are the proposed changes reasonable? What other cards should I be looking to get? Reflector Mage is another I had my eye on.

Should Myth even stay in the deck? He's sort of just there, being a threat most of the time, and not really doing anything besides forcing my opponent to keep a blocker, or be careful about attacking.
>>
>>46537185
Comparative Analysis is not very good. you have to always play it for surge to get your money back and you dont have enough cantrips for it to be useful.
Clutch of Currents is a sorcery and it needs a target so you cant really properly surge your way through there constantly.
Reflector Mages are too good to pass up.
Id take the 2 Grip of the Roil out and put 2 more Thing in the Ice.
>>
>>46515113
I sort of fell behind on checking the spoilers but I'm looking through them now have seen the white blue and black so far some interesting stuff.
>>
>>46537389
Oh geistblast may fit well in my deck
>>
>>46537434
Harness the storm to
>>
>>46532760
TY SENPAI. Just started playing magic after taking a long fuckin time off. Like I last seriously played in exodus. Bought a ton during planar chaos and then just gave up. JUST bought a red/white precon from the new expansion to fuck around with and I got tired of using dice as tokens. This.shit is getting printed and sleeved.
>>
>>46537539
another successful day on 4chan
>>
>>46531158
Don't be mad boi
>>
should I hang onto my thing in the ice for dear life?
>>
File: mtgsoi1.jpg (611 KB, 2474x1398) Image search: [Google]
mtgsoi1.jpg
611 KB, 2474x1398
just got done opening
>>
>>46537872
ill trade u thingy in ice for olivia
>>
>>46537449
OK finished looking through them some of those names were pretty funny
Also holy shit I haven't been to fnm in 4 weeks
>>
>>46537947
ive never gone to fnm ever, are the decks usually cream of the crop?
>>
>>46537872
Noice
Smort
>>
>>46515113
I feel like an idiot for falling behind on my spoilers I will have to work out what parts of my deck to change next week.
>>
>>46517038
Standard really did get retardedly expensive last year.
>>
>>46537901
sorry, me and her have a past and i cant let her go easy.
also landed with a westvale abbey
>>
>>46517038
at the height of fetchland winter, I was winning fnms with a $80 deck
you jellymad?
>>
Wait shit fate reforged rotated out today I will have to take the swiftwater clifs out of my deck
>>
>>46538372
just put in the new one you shitter holy fuck
>>
>>46538385
Well obviously
>>
>>46517291
Haven't even looked at your list, but the trick to playing werewolves is having mana outlets like clues. Other good outlets are creature mana abilities.

Other key tricks to playing werewolves are spells with flash and instants that allow you to pass your turn and then casting a spell at the right time. A great card for this is Pack Guardian, that also helps you enable Delirium if your deck can work with that. Howlpack Resurgence is also pretty good for this same reason.
>>
>>46538324
Not really, either you play at an FNM full of shit decks or you discovered a working brew, which in that case good for you.

>>46538027
Most expensive standard...ever, I think? I haven't kept a ton of tabs on things, will things be keeping at the minimum 400-500 range?
>>
>>46538516
I don't know why fetchlands were so dam expensive there good but there really not that good
>>
The intro packs are always pretty shit but which do you think is the least shit this set.
>>
>>46538564
No they're that good.
>>
>>46538516
you better believe it motherfucker, my fnm is competitive as fuck with tons of people buying $500+ tier 1 netdecks
honestly anyone who complains about standard's price tag needs to git gud
>wahhh you need fetchlands to compete!
patently false
>>
>>46537037

>1x, 2x cards

You people never learn. I wish there was no netdecking as pubstomping people would be easy as fuck.
>>
>>46538644
Whatever you say anon.
>>
>>46538659
yeah maybe you should all suck my dick while I'm here cuz I'm actually just the best thing ever
>>
>>46538646
go fuck yourself the set isnt even released yet
>>
>>46538644
I would agree that in standard you didn't need fetches to compete minus 4c rally
>>
>>46538646
>a set filled with tutors
>complains about 2 ofs
>>
>>46538717
LOL
>>
Took a break from standard since BFZ came out, but I still have a bunch of cards that might be relevant so at the moment I'm flipflopping on whether to sell out entirely of standard or buy in for this season. Includes 4 Jace.

Will Deathmist Raptor be a thing again now that 4-5C manabases are gone? I have a foil playset which I foolishly didn't sell 6 months ago.

I have a fair few of the dragonlords and other standard staples from the THS-KTK season.

Any colour combos, decks, or cards that people are fairly certain will be competitive?
>>
>>46538717

>make a slow and inconsistent deck
>b.. but muh tutors

Any consistent deck will pubstomp an inconsistent one outside of christmasland hand scenario.
>>
>>46516198
Tabletop Simulator is probably the best MtG resource ever built.
>>
>>46539215
>Will Deathmist Raptor be a thing again now that 4-5C manabases are gone?

Really doubtful. A lot of removal in this format exiles, which negates the whole point of the card.

Anything could happen, but I just don't see a future for Deathmist.
>>
>>46527832

Tutelage, Startled Awake and Vessel of Paramnesia.

Just trying to decide on how to make the deck survive long enough to Mill. Thinking about Liliana and bounces mainly.
>>
Is this where I post my deck I just made at home after not playing for 7 years?
>>
>>46537969
Depends completely on the store but usually yeah.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-08+at+10.08.20).png (21 KB, 245x698) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-08+at+10.08.20).png
21 KB, 245x698
>>46541115
deck for reference. i plan on taking out skullclamp because it gets 0 use.
>>
>>46527875
>I'm sure it happens in most if not all card games like this
That's actually the only part where YGO is better than MtG, Konami doesn't give two shits to secondary market and reprints stuff each six months more or less
>>
>>46532504
>Turn 2 Cryptolith ( 2 mana ), Blisterpord ( 1 mana )

???
>>
>>46541724
You play a land, tap 2 to play a cryptolith, tap the blisterpod you had in play to play another one.
>>
>>46527129
>>46533253

Biggest issue are the rare lands. The only lands that should ever be Rare or Mythic are Legendary Lands or lands where their appeal is what they do and not the mana they generate (Westvale Abbey or Mirrorpool).
>>
>>46535433
>need the combo in your hand
>need a lot of creatures in your graveyard
>need a lot of mana to pull it off
>>
File: 1458400637706.png (52 KB, 654x962) Image search: [Google]
1458400637706.png
52 KB, 654x962
>>46515113
going to my first fnm tourney tonight. any tips for playing outside kitchen table for the first time?
>>
>>46535919

You might get one game against a Werewolf or Human deck that is struggling to rev up due to weak draws.

Beyond that it's kitchen table tier.
>>
>>46543788

Just don't be That Guy.
>>
>>46544128
what does that mean? a stinky person?
>>
>>46544349
It means someone that blames everything and is generally a sore to play against. Just chill out and tell people it's your first game at an fnm and they will most likely take it easy against you and even give you some tips through the match.

Just make sure to be respectful and not be annoying, oh and also bring whatever cards you have that might be valuable, you can pick up some trades and reinforce your deck.
>>
>>46544349
tdlr, know the basics, don't win games because you're opponent passes out because he accidentally took a breath through his nose, and bring a deck that is legal for the format your playing in(I always feel bad when kids bring there pre-rotation tier three deck to day one of a new format)
>>
>Theres a good chance some guy will bring his fetches to the FNM tonight

Easiest free win of the night if that happens.
>>
>>46544508
at an fnm that should just be replace those with basics
>>
>>46544558
A player has illegal, insufficient, or another player’s cards in his or her deck
Remove any cards that shouldn’t be there and put
back any cards that should. Then, if the deck contains
insufficient cards, add basic lands of the player’s choice to bring it to the correct size. Any cards that are
added to the deck should be shuffled directly into the library. If the e
rror was discovered during a draw effect,
have the player complete the draw effect after the deck is fixed and shuffled. Encourage players to count their
deck and present their sideboard (face down) to their opponents before starting a game

off the wizards doc for regular(fnm) rel
>>
>>46531416
anguished unmaking
>>
>>46525197
>not pregnant.jpg
>>
So are the odds of 3 color decks being a thing in soi really as low as people are making it out to be? Cause i really wanted to do esper control but if fetchlands not being a thing really impacts manabases that much then i guess its azorius or dimir for me.
>>
>>46544994
3 Colors is very hard to pull because you can't fetch for the colors you need without them coming into play tapped. And you can no longer fetch for dual lands so it's really easy to get mana screwed. Mono and Dual color decks are a much safer bet.

So Esper Control will have to switch to Azorious and drop the black, which is not that bad right now because the best removal is on White with all the exile effects which can really screw up a lot of graveyard based decks right now.
>>
>>46544994
you can do ally 3 colors no problem. many people are looking to two color decks because their manabases are VERY good right now, very few lands entering tapped for 2 color pairs.
>>
>>46545085
Whats some of the best white control spells available in SOI standard? Im just now trying out standard so im not too familiar with whats good and what isnt
>>
Planning to do my first draft today. What should I know to not get my ass kicked the whole time. Do you guys build around your rares? Do you have a specific color combo in mind? Played sealed and got my ass kicked but I at least know some of the cards now
>>
>>46545247
Go to xMage and practice draft there, check out what are the best cards in each color, always try to pick the best card, the rare isn't always the best card, theres even some mythics that get outclassed by some very good commons.

But seriously, practice some drafts on xMage, i did a lot of practice prior to my Sealed Prerelease and ended up 4-0 and brought home 16 packs.

It's much better to learn to draft at home instead of wasting your time and getting wrecked on your LGS.
>>
>>46545247
it's kind of a long story. first of all, you should have a general idea of which cards are good and which are bad. the most important thing in draft is knowing which colors are open in your seat. fiery temper is one of the best red non-rare cards in the set. so you open your first pack, and take your first pick. nobody else has seen this pack, so it doesn't give you any information about what is open upstream from you. the first pack you receive, so your second pick, tells you something however. if it has a fiery temper in it? that guy is probably not in red, although it is possible he took a bomb red rare over it. don't make any bets yet. your third pick? even more informative, if this is the pack has a fiery temper in it red is almost certainly open. similarly, if you pass a fiery temper, understand that people to your left will want to go into red which means that on pack 2 (which is going counterclockwise unlike packs 1 and 3) you may not get the red stuff you want. this is fine though, pack 2 is a valuable tool to pick up cards for a secondary color that may not be open to your right but is open to your left. imagine for example you want to play your anguished unmaking and you are primarily in black because black is open to your right, but you picked 1 or 2 white cards and then never saw another good white card so it's not open. that's fine, it will probably be open on pack 2 going the other way around and you can pick up a few playable white cards then, and go back to picking your black stuff on pack 3.

>do you build around your rare
if you can, yes. if that color is not available, no. there's no wax on wax off for learning when it is worth it to build around your first pick bomb rares, but generally you should be able to realize when a color is VERY not open.
>>
File: Squirrel_lg.jpg (61 KB, 600x488) Image search: [Google]
Squirrel_lg.jpg
61 KB, 600x488
do people actually buy this nonsense?

why don't SCG make proper sleeves?
>>
>>46545414
Thanks for the info guys. If fiery temper is considered the best non rare out of red. What are the other colors respect best non rares?
>>
>>46545584
Yes, some people buy that nonsense.

Because people can buy proper sleeves made by someone else cheaper.
>>
File: product_3357.jpg (12 KB, 365x333) Image search: [Google]
product_3357.jpg
12 KB, 365x333
>>46545584
but instead of paying somebody's girlfriend to draw cutesy pictures they could steal memes off the internet and print them like Ultra Pro do

I would buy a feely sleeve
>>
How quickly can you pop a clue?

Like sa you play an Instant that has Investigate after blockers can be declared. Can you pop that clue before combat resolves?
>>
>>46545646
black - dead weight and murderous compulsion
white - dauntless cathar
blue - sleep paralysis
green - rabid bite

there's this pro player, LSV, who makes comprehensive set reviews for draft and sealed. there are 6 articles in total, one for each color and then the sixth one for multicolored or colorless stuff:
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/shadows-over-innistrad-limited-set-review-colorless-lands-and-gold/
the links to the other 5 articles are at the top of that page as well. if you want to put in the time, there's no better way to learn everything you need to know about which cards are good. at the bottom of each article, he also lists the top 5 commons in that color that can indicate to you when colors are open.
>>
>>46546188
you can always activate abilities of your permanents at instant speed if nothing is stopping you from doing so. why wouldn't you be able to? like, do you even know how to play magic? the times you wouldn't be able to activate abilities of your shit are:
1. permanent is a creature, has summoning sickness, and the ability has tap in its cost
2. it specifically says you have to activate it at sorcery speed
>>
File: en_1Gtpcr07AE.png (165 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_1Gtpcr07AE.png
165 KB, 265x370
Why would anybody think this is playable when we have anguished unmaking and ruinous path?
>>
>>46546536
Why pick a creature or a planeswalker when you could have both?
>>
>>46546536
>Drop Gideon
>About to make a token
>No way jose
>4 mana for a 2/2 Knight Token.
>Also have delirium online
>4 mana for 0/0 Nothing
>>
>>46546630
>4 mana for a 2/2 knight token
are you retarded? you also spent 3 mana and a card, that's a classic 2 for 1 for opponent
the best case scenario for the card is that it answers gideon 1 for 1. more likely? "ok ill sacrifice an eldrazi scion, cute deck anon but I think you should probably stick to casual circles for now instead of wasting your money at fnm"
>>
>>46541214
Anon, standard is type 2, your deck is very much not type 2 legal.

Also it's like fucking literally just a pile of blue and black cards, it's awful for the formats it is legal in.
>>
>>46546630
>magical christmas land scenario where this card saves the day
>oh man I am so good at Magic

please... please stop playing Magic. for your sake and everyone elses
>>
>>46523422
whynotboth.jpg
>>
>>46546711
it serves a purpose of killing things that are indestructible at instant speed.

its a high value side-board card against Super Friends
>>
>first day of SOI standard
>LGS is playing modern this week
fml la familia
>>
>>46546831
it can't kill indestructible things at all though, unless they have literally nothing else?
??????????
also more generally, there isn't anything indestructible in the set lol
>>
File: ormendahlprofaneprince.jpg (40 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
ormendahlprofaneprince.jpg
40 KB, 265x370
>>46546926
>it can't kill indestructible things at all though, unless they have literally nothing else?

That's exactly the point. Decks that would run something with indestructible usually run only a few copies of that. Mostly control decks. Ergo: sac effects are stronk against them.

>also more generally, there isn't anything indestructible in the set lol

The Profane Prince would like a word with you.
>>
>>46523301
Ran her with clues so I never had a dead turn. Shit was crazy. Outside of limited though...
>>
>>46546994
>profane prince
>to the slaughter is good vs a deck full of token producers
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
god damn sometimes i forget how dumb tg is
>>
File: 15235626435245.jpg (71 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
15235626435245.jpg
71 KB, 320x240
>draft pretty based werewolf red/green at locals
>go 2-1 in matches
>game i lost i got unbelievably screwed by lands
>first picked Olivia
>im left with foil Declaration in Stone+Traverse the Ulvenwald
I really wanted that damn Olivia. How was your day anons?
>>
>>46547038
>You need to sac tokens to transform Ormendahl
Now that's not always going to happen and there will be tokens as well; that doesn't stop To the Slaughter from being at least playable in the sideboard.
Also
>LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Kindly waterboard yourself.
>>
>>46547097
the prince decks being token decks in general, never mind that very card itself being a token generator, make it worse than unplayable
honestly just git gud
>>
>>46542334
The biggest issue last standard really wasn't lands. It was shitty sets combined with Jace and the like. It wasn't 20 dollar lands that did it, we had that for a long time in RTR standard and it wasn't this bad

The fact flip Jace goes for twice as much as any other Jace in standard history aside from Mind sculptor is why
>>
>>46543788
Try not to randomly bring up your political leanings every ten seconds
>>
>>46546596
>implying you get to pick
>>
>>46539496
you mean that game where people will flip the table every 3 seconds?
>>
File: 410006.full.png (128 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
410006.full.png
128 KB, 223x311
>>46546831
>it serves a purpose of killing things that are indestructible at instant speed.
There are much more reliable options
>>
>>46547056
>drafting with people who take your rares

What's the fuckin point?
>>
>>46547567
Wait what? Aren't you supposed to own whatever you picked on the draft? What is that bullshit about rare picking?
>>
>>46547567
for 10€ you get 3 packs. If you open shit you can still win the best thing that was opened in the draft. For example i opened literal shit, but i still got some valuables cause i finished second. Its pretty fun
>>
>>46547700
That's fucking stupid. Go to a real draft.
>>
>>46547829
calm down son. Not my fault if you cant win for shit and you settle with the cards you open
>>
So I'm a returning player trying to decide on standard or modern. What are the pros of standard?
>>
>>46547854
>settle with the cards you open
>implying there's no rewards
>implying getting landfucked and losing justifies losing your pulls
You have a shitty LGS that jews you out of actual prizes, and just lets the players redistribute rares.
>>
>>46547586
>own whatever you picked on the draft.

This is a shit system, forcing people to compromise their deck and someone elses deck just to nab a rare.

My LGS marks down the rares each player opens and gives them back later.
>>
>>46547940
Modern - you get to use your old cards and can make a deck out of 13 something years of a card pool

Standard - you have to pay for a completely new deck and only have a card pool of the past 1.5 years of the game which hasn't been that fun for Standard
>>
>>46547940
Currently it's a cheaper entry investment than modern, on average.
Things stay fresh via rotation. Problem shit that warps the format isn't typically banned, but it isn't in the game for an incredible amount of time either.

Can't talk about the pros without cons.
Keeping up with standard will cost you more than keeping up with modern.
Cards bought for standard will lose a shitload of value once they rotate out.
>>
Can someone explain me why this piece of shit is 9.50€?

Seriously, why would this see play at all?, Its a 6 drop that ramps you one and that's it. The land doesn't even enter untapped. And the abilities, reach?, Give me a break.

I'm salty because I just got one and I traded one for a Rattlechains (a much better card imho) and I want to understand what's so good about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>46548848
Shit, forgot pic.
>>
>>46548848
you're right that that card is shit, but it might see play to fetch your westvale abbeys and thus will be part of a real deck.
on the other hand, rattlechains is inherently a powerful card but it's never going to see play so it's never going to be worth anything. get fucked lol.
you can take solace in the fact that the hydra's price will drop pretty soon just because even if the deck that plays it continues to be popular they probably only play 2 hydras and I don't see it being played in anything else.
>>
blue white blink is a meme deck that will never win
>>
File: 1458405811296.jpg (15 KB, 318x405) Image search: [Google]
1458405811296.jpg
15 KB, 318x405
>>46515113
>Call the Bloodline
You're kidding right?
>>
File: Image.png (128 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
128 KB, 223x311
>>46548848
People like it because it can fetch nonbasics. But it looks like everybody forgot that an actual playable land tutor is in standard right now.
>>
>>46548906
What kind of deck would play Ulvenwald Hydra?, And why would you even play Westvale Abbey in a meta with Declaration in Stone, the closest thing we'll get to Path to Exile, not to mention Anguished Unmaking and Descend upon the Sinful?, Its an unkind meta towards cards like Westvale Abbey.

Also I firmly believe the day will come that we see a good spirit tribal deck in Modern. Its just a matter of time.
>>
>>46549281
yeah that's cool buddy but unlike you, some of us actually understand how magic works and are not clinically unfamiliar with the metagame
>modern spirits
kek
>>
>>46549309
>Trying this hard
Don't.
>>
>>46549348
sorry friend but you seem to be in the wrong thread
casual mtg is THAT way ---->>>
>>
Alright my families it's the motherfucking moment of truth
I BELIEVE IN MY BREW ANONS
TIMES UP NO MORE TWEAKING LETS DO THIS
>>
File: RakdosMadness.png (17 KB, 680x167) Image search: [Google]
RakdosMadness.png
17 KB, 680x167
This looks fun.
>>
>>46550528
Sure if you enjoy losing LOL
>>
>>46549030
What's wrong with CTB? It enables madness, makes chumps, what's not to love?

Then again I'm completely horrible at the game and plan to play this at a local game day if I can get the cards (i'm a poorfag):

4 Honored Hierarch
4 Sylvan Advocate
13 Forest
4 Explosive Vegetation
3 Omnath, Locus of Rage
4 Game Trail
4 Cinder Glade
3 Mina and Denn, Wildborn
3 Mountain
4 Embodiment of Insight
4 Shaman of Forgotten Ways
2 Nissa's Pilgrimage
3 Jaddi Offshoot
2 Akoum Hellkite
2 Oran-Rief Hydra
1 Animist's Awakening
SB: 3 Display of Dominance
SB: 4 Natural State
SB: 4 Roast
SB: 4 Crater Elemental

If anyone has any ideas for shit to put in this mess of a deck...contemplating the 2/2 for 3 that grows with landfall and possible Dragonmaster replacing the Hierarchs.
>>
>>46550528
Really, this seems subpar to most BR Vampires brews. I think you have quite a few discard outlets but not enough Madness cards.

If I were you I'd take out Pale Rider for Heir of Falkenrath. I'd also take out Call the Bloodline for Avacyn's Judgement. Maybe then it'd work as a Rakdos aggro/burn deck.

My main advice is: don't try to make your deck work similarly than BR Vampires, because odds are so what your deck does much better. Have your deck be its own thing.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
My friends,

At 2:22 pm this afternoon I opened a fat pack from the newly released Shadows over Innistrad set. While I was inspecting my cards, I noticed a curious theme.

"Why," I thought to myself, "some of these cards seem to be connected to each other. They have the word investigate in their rules text."

After a few hours of research, i determined that my hunch was correct. Cards with Investigate let me make clue tokens. Clue tokens let me get more cards.

I come to you now knowing that you are the finest minds on 4chan. Can you help me solve the mystery of whether Investigate can be relevant in standard?

-

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/221b-baker-street/

Creature (15)
2x Daring Sleuth Flip
+

-

2x Drownyard Explorers
2x Erdwal Illuminator
3x Graf Mole
3x Tireless Tracker
3x Void Grafter
Land (18)
9x Forest
9x Island
Enchantment (9)
3x Fleeting Memories
2x Ongoing Investigation
2x Sphinx's Tutelage
2x Ulvenwald Mysteries
Artifact (4)
1x Magnifying Glass
1x Skeleton Key
2x Tamiyo's Journal
Instant (7)
3x Confront the Unknown
2x Jace's Scrutiny
2x Second Harvest
Sorcery (7)
3x Press for Answers
2x Root Out
2x Startled Awake Flip
>>
>>46547700
Sounds fucking gay to me, I paid for the cards I'll keep what I draft whether I draft a perfect meta archetype or some stupid jank using a goofy bulk mythic I pulled. I'd never play in a draft that gave other people the rares i drafted.
>>
New player from couple days ago here, bought a b/g intro pack like you said, and 4 other booster packs. Wish me luck
>>
>>46552105
If I pay fifteen dollars to draft and I get to keep all of my rares I am just going to draft 30 dollars worth of cards and go home.
>>
>>46548103
>completely unbiased comparison

Because I am sure anon has tons of modern staples just lying around, right? No way he'd be in the market for a completely new deck no matter what format he played ;)
>>
>>46547940
honestly the best way is to start going to draft events until you have enough cards to get into standard.
>>
>>46549281
>tribal deck
>only 3 decent tribal decks in the history of magic
>only one has seen play outside of its block
>it's still not that good, even with multiple lords

Yeah, no, unless wizards goes completely fucking retarded in the future modern spirits will never be a thing
>>
>>46552261
Drafting is a really bad way to get the cards you want for a standard deck. It's a fun way to build up a generic pool of cards and it helps you learn the game, but buying singles will always be the best way to construct any deck.
>>
>>46552261
Dont you need land cards to play in draft or do stores give free lands?
>>
>>46552305
agreed, but drafting is the best intro to the game and lets you learn some of the current meta. It also lets you try out strategies and find cards you like so that you know what singles to buy
>>46552343
stores should provide you with lands for draft.
>>46551992
If you are going for mill, maybe add dreadwaters.
>>
>>46552126
>Only 2 foils and I dont even know if any of these cards are good
suffering
>>
>>46552494
foils are worse than normal cards. Look at the symbols underneath the picture on the cards.
if they are black it means the card is common, silver uncommon, gold rare, orange mythic
>>
>>46549030
Enables madness, makes chumps, draws responses as it's an engine, those tokens are even both Vamp and Ally.
>>
>>46552494
post things you find interesting, we'll tell you why they're shit and you should quit the hobby
>>
>TFW feeling the pressure to get a deck done and ready before pricesbecome unreasonable againand you cancan't play again
And it feels like a crap shoot. Pick one of the unproven new brew decks and hope they stick
>>
>>46554421
or play what you want and stop being a bitch
>>
>>46554371
The investigate mechanic seems too complicated for me to comprehend right now
>>
>>46554787
probably
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.