[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post-Apocalyptic Civ #1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3
File: Thread image.jpg (559 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
Thread image.jpg
559 KB, 1131x707
I've tried doing one of these before but it was terribly off-peak.

Vote for what caused the downfall of Society as we knew it, and I'll make it work.

Will be spreadsheeting, and using Google Docs.
>>
>tfw 1 AM est

I CAN STILL DO THIS.

>Vote for what caused the downfall of Society as we knew it
Any choices or is it write in?
>>
>>46515092
Waifu wars destroyed society.
>>
A group of worshipers decided thousands of years ago that the best way to control the world would be through Corporations so they built up a trade/banking corporation to economically get the world under its thumb. When they had enough of a strangle hold they started the apocalypse in an effort to wipe out all life on earth. But to make sure everything was dead they had a force stationed in a mountain sanctuary to cleanse the rest of the earth and make sure that every living thing was killed before the universe ended
>>
>>46515092
>>46515120
This, waifu wars or bust.
>>
>>46515134
>post-apocalyptic cult of NEETs
>>
>>46515120
>>46515134
Come on fa/tg/uys...

>>46515128
Zealot-Corp 2.0?
>>
>>46515092
The Downfall came in the form of a Meteor shower bringing with it an alien containment which spread like wild fire across the world by theose atempting to flee it, nations became police states, police states fell into civil war, the civil wars burnt out and now the still warm ashes remain. None really know what happened the fall was a slow decay with became a sudden end.
>>
Admittedly, I was hoping for something more realistic and down to earth like 'Ran out of Fuel"

>>46515154
All that remains now are immune folk, so the population was just absolutely reduced?
>>
File: Nocturne.jpg (123 KB, 736x1377) Image search: [Google]
Nocturne.jpg
123 KB, 736x1377
>>46515149
Fine, fine. How about the downfall came about when demons happened?
>>
>>46515149

Background for the beginnings of the religion they follow

>>46512328
>>46512434
>>46512700
>>
>>46515092
Zombie apocalypse, the tide could've been stemmed but too many mistakes were made and nations ended each other before the hordes even could, civilization now belonging to thousands of scattered communities left around the once blue and green globe, now cast in eternal gray and ashfall.
>>
>>46515149
Hey, Waifu wars might have been tricky but I think it could have worked as an AI takeover.

>>46515154
Tihs one seems okay.

>>46515165
Realistic and down to earth huh.

Perhaps a silicone eating bacteria wiping out all major electronics?
>>
>>46515172
While zombies are typically seen as overused... I haven't actually seen one run in a while...

>>46515179
Part 1: Fuck AI shit, that's scary.

Part 2: Agreed, and >>46515172

Part 3: I like it.
>>
File: vt.jpg (663 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vt.jpg
663 KB, 1280x720
>>46515179
>silicone eating bacteria wiping out all major electronics
>>
>>46515194
Zombies adds a perfect neutral antagonist in the face of whatever human related shenanigans that inevitably take place, only reason I suggested it

Do what you'll be best at my friend
>>
Alright everyone, I've got to enjoy what I'm running as well SO!

1. Disease and Meteors ( >>46515154 )

2. Classic Zeds ( >>46515172 )
or
3. Civilization minus Tech and Fake Titties ( >>46515179 )
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>46515234
Let the dice gods decide
>>
>>46515149
Genetic modification became a thing. Augment your physical limits. The usual shebang.

Everything was fine and well until a group of degenerates wanted to take their fapping to the next level. Furries tried to make waifus. Too many ghetto genes were introduced and made mutants. The degenerated degenerates became a problem. Wiped out most of civilization.

Humans vs Mutants vs Mutated Animals. I want urban firefights, overgrown jungle exploration, and a damn scary ocean.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>46515234
>>
>>46515234
>>46515244
>>46515250

First to 3 votes

>>46515247
That shit is cray
>>
>>46515195
I like where this is going
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>46515234
I mean. I would vote for zeds but the dice gods should have their say.
>>
>>46515295
>>46515250
>>46515244
The dice gods are also divided. QM, your thoughts?
>>
>>46515282
So far every dice roll has proven equal
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>46515234
THE MOMENT OF TRUTH

Decide background of leader:

Economics
Scholarly
Military
Survival
Laborer
Criminal
>>
>>46515335
Can we do a write in background? If yes then cult leader if no then Criminal
>>
>>46515335
>Survival
A scavenger king has all the right skills
>>
>>46515335
Laborer, he's got a play ground to build for his daughter and he won't let zeds stop him.
>>
>>46515353
>>46515358
>>46515360
Traditional Games: The Division 2.0

If you guys wouldn't mind could you pick up trips or names? I just prefer it that way.

I'm going to begin writing up background stuff, let's see how the leader plays out.
>>
>>46515386
Ah fine. So what's our leader gonna be?
>>
>>46515386

>>46515353
I'm that guy
>>
>>46515386

>>46515360
Yo
>>
Rolled 35, 54, 6 = 95 (3d100)

Zombies, Zeds, or the Walking Dead. It doesn’t matter what you call them or whether or not you believe in them, as I can assure you one thing; they’re real.

Not many uninfected are left, or at least not that I’ve seen. You see I’m apart of a small group of survivors, an unofficial leader of sorts, with my daughter and about 10 folk we’ve met since the Fall. We’ve been holed up in a warehouse in an industrial district between the outer city and the suburbs for about a fortnight, we’ve got the following:

Man-Powered Generator
Small Battery Array
Rain Water Collector (+basic filter)
A Cooking Range (Open fire with a grill)
Basic Barricades
3 Days Food
2 Days Water
Crowbar
Two baseball Bats
Spare Parts
Construction Materials

We haven’t had any rain and we’re running out of our food, so I think it’s time to head out.

Everyone has pros and cons about their life, I’m good at getting into places I shouldn’t and making the most of being their, that is until I got caught, missed most of my little girls childhood as a result, but while in prison I fell in love with woodworking. I became a bit of a carpenter after I got out, rough work but I can’t complain.

All and all, today is game day and I think it’s time we decide what needs to happen now.

What do we do?
>>
>>46515551
Go and find a place to settle down thats easy to fortify and defend
>>
>>46515551
Prison was a jungle. And you gotta look out for predators. Or you become prey. But not today. Not when the daughter needs us.

Examine other survivors what do we have to work with.
>>
>>46515575
>>46515602
Traction seems to have died?

Currently in a decently defensible location, with basic defenses intact

>>46515602
Yourself, your young teen daughter (14), 6 men, and 4 women. Of ranging backgrounds and athletic capability.

One of the women has a cut on her arm that has been treated and is healing, one of the men has a sprained ankle and is using crutches.
>>
>>46515551
Scout the general area with an eye out for food and water. Determine zed presence.
>>
>>46515714
Construction Mats? Can we get some nails on those bats? I want long spikes of nails not those shitty porcupine bats. Ones that are long enough to hit grey brain matter
>>
>>46515789
>>46515792
Propose an action with a d100 roll

Basic actions can imply be carried out, but large scale actions need a larger agreement by the group.

Sorry, had to take a phone call.
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>46515986
Scout general area.
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>46515986
>Improve Baseball bats with long nails

>>46516012
Damn nice roll, you got eagle eyes or some shit.
>>
>>46516012
A few of the survivors go out to search, the fella on the crutches has always acted as a scout, he had to stay behind for this one and as such his moral is a bit low.

Despite this we have a good search, from atop a hill a river can be seen about a days walk away, closer to the city, however there was a smoke pillar rising from nearby. On the way back the group investigates some noises in a building, turned out to only be rats however they found 2 days worth of water.

>>46516028
The Baseball Bats were both improved, dotted with large nails sticking out at every angle, less comfortable to carry, however they'd pack more of a punch.
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>46516097
If it's cool for me to join in on this for a bit.

I vote getting some wood and making basic range weapons. We could try hunting for food and keep the zombies way with arrows.
>>
>>46516215
I don't have any objections, let's just see if there are any others first.
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>46516097
> Explore edge of suburbs for tools

Could prolly find a garage or two that's open. No need to commit too hard by breaking into a house.

>>46516215
Any bonuses to get from our laborer back ground to crafting stuff?
>>
>>46516097
>River
So we have potential access to both cattails and fish. That's good.

Did any of the other survivors work in the area? They might have some valuable insight.

>>46516275
Fine by me.
>>
>>46516294
Gonna have to jet for a bit, fellas. Don't get killed.
>>
>>46516215
It's early afternoon at this point, no woods are close enough to access however there are some trees by sidewalks and in gardens. Using the Crowbar as an improvised tool a group of 3 men and 1 woman manage to collect some some wood, not much though and it's poorly cut.

>>46516278
A small garage was open on the way back to the warehouse, light was quickly fading so a survivor quickly ran in and took what he could grab from the table top.

Basic tools such as hammers, tape, screwdrivers, and such were brought back to the base

>>46516294
Only one man has been to the area before, a majority of your folk are from the other side of town or the inner city, once everyone is back from their adventures and huddled around a fire, this civilian tells of what he knows of the area.

Feral Dogs are an issue;
Fishing was poor; and
Gang activity was low, existent, but low
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>46516498
Hm dogs will be a problem. We could get metal pieces or rocks and make crap spears to help keep them from biting us.

Hopefully we have a blade to nick the wood into shape.

Thinking after words we set up shop in the building with the rats. That way we can have some walls.
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>46516498
Make a night watch rotation where 2 people are on each shift.

Don't want to get spooked in the dark.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>46516643
We have walls, it's a fully enclosed warehouse, save for a few broken skylights and such, nothing a bit of plastic and tape cant fix though.

Improvised weaponry always works.

>>46516663
This system is set in place, rolling to see if anything happens over night

-1 Water
-1 Food

(didn't post sorry)
>>
>>46516784
The night is uneventful.
>>
It may seem less than delectable, but if we can establish basic food production, we can catch the rats and limitedly domesticate them for food. Cull the first generations to eliminate disease, parasites, and cannibalism.

It doesn't even have to be real food. Cultivating things like mosses can do it.
>>
>>46517297
So what course of action are we taking?
>>
>>46517366
If there is any damage to the fence around the warehouse, see about reinforcing those areas. Otherwise patch up the roof so we're safer from the elements. Or both, I guess.

On phone, so can't roll.
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>46517539
You can still roll on phone I thought?

Let's see how we go
>>
>>46517579
Tried apps and browsers without luck.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>46516784
Ah may bad. I thought we where kinda in the open looking for a new place.

>>46517539
Yeah we should plug any holes.

>>46517579
Question before I pass out like the others. If the Thread dies do you have a planed time for running again?
>>
>>46515195
>>silicone eating bacteria wiping out all major electronics

Unnn, No. Silicone eating bacteria would mean an end to breast implants or things like water-proof boots. (Which might result in the apocalypse.) I think you mean silicon eating bacteria...
>>
>>46518880
kek but come on. But seriously, silicon, chemical wise is similar to carbon and could be major backbone for extraterrestrial life especially in higher temperature instead of carbon-based life
>>
>>46518940
>We accidentally our entire society of fake tits, lips, and butt implants because of space invaders
I'm trying to see the problem but I can't.
>>
Just went out to dinner as it was slow but it seems folks are still about!

What're we doing counting votes from now on
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>46516784
>Explore suburbs for food. Take crowbar and a baseball bat.

Always leave atleast some form of weapon at home, in this case 1 baseball bat. Also a crowbar is the best multipurpose equipment.

>>46517297
Seems fine to me. Meat like that would be a luxurious delicacy.
>>
>>46519139
better try our luck with insect, cultivating or not. They are highly nutritious and require less effort like food and space to grow them.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>46517297
That's actually legit, though we will need something a little more substantial than just mosses. Luckily, rats are opportunistic feeders, so we could give them our excess fruit and vegetables.

Avoid feeding them meat, too, as it sours the meat.

Main concern is that it takes five to six weeks for a rat to stop nursing and no longer needing guidance, so it seems like a long-term project.

Plus, it's rodent, so it's not good for much except stew.

>>46519000
I assume the fences and roof worked out?
If so, try locating a pet store around the suburbs. People generally don't think to try and eat pet food.
>>
>>46519224
i always thought those canned meat as pet food is similar to human food except with different food quality especially on hygienic
>>
>>46519307
Realistically if we are in NA then we won't have any food problems for the course of the first few years of the "Fall". So much canned shit. Even the first week is no problem since fresh food isn't spoiled yet.

But I mean if you want to eat cat food while huffing paint... I wouldn't stop you.
>>
>>46519307
Sort of, yeah. Pet food is typically made from diseased, dying, or disabled animals. Basically meat not considered fit for human consumption, but which is ground up and processed to kill pathogens, making it fit enough for animal consumption.

Past that, pet food also contain large amounts of "filler" such as rice husks or bone meal, as well as chemical preservatives sometimes deemed unfit for human consumption, as well as rendered "animal fat" which is what gives dry pet food its pungent odor.

It's really not good. The primary intent was for it to be used to distract feral dogs, but to serve as emergency food if we did run out before finding anything.
>>
>>46519454
thx teach. What is your opinion on those advertised high quality expensive pet food? i though them as cheat
>>
>>46519474
"Premium", "choice", "high quality" or whatever else they can think up generally are plain baloney and are just processed with a few additional chemicals that also mask the odor of the "animal fat". You'll sometimes find half-legit ones which use citric acid and rosemary extract as preservatives and include mineral and vitamin supplements.

Summed up, my opinion is that pet food will never be human-grade food and any advertised as such should be assumed to be fraudulent. People are just easily swayed by the idea that they're feeding their beloved pet the equivalent of a home-cooked meal.
>>
Well I just learned more about pet food, bump.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.