[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Show me some unique cards, or cards with extremely rare effects
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: illicit_auction.jpg (43 KB, 235x321) Image search: [Google]
illicit_auction.jpg
43 KB, 235x321
Show me some unique cards, or cards with extremely rare effects not often duplicated.
>>
File: mages-contest.jpg (66 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
mages-contest.jpg
66 KB, 480x680
>>46511285
Along the same lines
>>
>>46511816
>red counterspell
>can counter anything
>>46511285
>cards with extremely rare effects
>>
>>46511285
I'm personally a fan of Dead/Gone (Pure bounce in red? Whaaat?) and Fury Charm and Jhoira's Timebug and Clockspinning (colored interaction with the exile zone? You fucking what m8?)
I also like Glittering Wish and Spawnsire of Ulamog, which interact not with the game itself but the actual players property. That's nutty to me.
>>
>>
Goblin Game
Shazarahad
The red card about the river
>>
File: confetti.jpg (51 KB, 323x450) Image search: [Google]
confetti.jpg
51 KB, 323x450
Spiritual ancestor of the Legacy games.
>>
>>46513770
>That triple Shazarahad game I got to encounter once
Eventually they agreed everyone involved had lost.
>>
>>46513961
I once played with someone who built a deck around maximal plays of Shazarahad. After 7-8 whole games of magic in one, I have only this to say about it: "It's not about winning magic, it's about the platonic ideal of playing magic endlessly, without winning or losing". He did warn me before the match started and asked if I wanted not to play against that deck.
>>
>>46514073
that sounds absolutely glorious and i'm glad someone else has found the truth of magic, its not winning or losing, its the flow of the game.
>>
>>46513770
>>46514073
>>46514512

Couldn't you just scoop in the sub-game of Shaharazad thereby going back to the main game?
>>
>>46515713
first: Which one? there was at one point a sub-sub-sub-sub game.
Second: You misunderstand the point. The point was to play magic, to become one with the magic. To understand innately the flow of magic. not to win magic.
But yes, you could scoop if you really wanted.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 480x680
>>46511285

Played this in a 5 man EDH game when everybody else was tapped out. That was fun.
>>
>>46516120

>You misunderstand the point. The point was to play magic, to become one with the magic. To understand innately the flow of magic. not to win magic.

I was blind but now I see clearly.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.