[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were given the powers, talents and skills of the last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13
File: Sadly.png (2 MB, 1283x1760) Image search: [Google]
Sadly.png
2 MB, 1283x1760
If you were given the powers, talents and skills of the last character you played at the cost of becoming that character permanently, would you do it? Why, or why not?
For the memory/personality death types, assume that neither memory or personality change, and that any skills or knowledges gained are in addition to the ones you already have.
Hard mode: You also acquire the character's personality.
Pic hopefully unrelated.
>>
Sure because my character is happy.
>>
>>46508648
>cucking yourself with your last toon

No it'd be fucking shit.
>>
>>46508648

...probably not, because he is an absolute dumbass.
But if this change doesn't involve changing my aspect, and not changing my intellect...
Yes, I would: I probably could make some money as the world's strongest man ever.
Even with the hard mode: I would be the most friendly and cheerful person ever, if a bit childish.
>>
So wait, I get all the powers, as well as the knowledge, skills, and memories of that character, and in exchange, I give up, what exactly?

This sounds like basically me becoming the PC at the cost of fusing with them.

Which is horrifying, yet very tempting.
>>
>>46508648
So I get magic powers and cured of depression?
Where do I sign? Is blood ok?
>>
File: 6MDhsjZ.jpg.png (463 KB, 499x501) Image search: [Google]
6MDhsjZ.jpg.png
463 KB, 499x501
>>46508725
>toon

On the subject of the op material, probably not, since I live a somewhat cushy life, while my character is a four-armed 4 ft tall frogman who's a semi-retired legal and illegal arms dealer, also in debt to the mob after they helped his brother get the surgery needed to live.
He also travels with a former soldier-turned petty smuggler with his former government after him, a tardigrade who has gone into hiding with them and has an incredibly large bounty on his head, a psychotic robot with a lot of guns, a former speed-freak racer with a eldritch artifact, and a robot that's also a ship that's also a demon.
So no probably not.
>>
>>46508648
Absolutely not. The last character I played was a sapient, psychic, /b/tard enchilada. I would rather avoid becoming talking Mexican food with poorly defined "hacking" abilities based on a 12 year old edgelord's beliefs about anonymous.
>>
Resources 6, striking looks, hot-as-fuck DM-PC waifu who likes threesomes with other women, feared and respected throughout the city. Sure. Why not? Goes without saying, we're playing Mage.
>>
File: FU0NIW6I8FR85EN.LARGE.jpg (40 KB, 492x492) Image search: [Google]
FU0NIW6I8FR85EN.LARGE.jpg
40 KB, 492x492
>>46508725
>toon
>>
>>46508648
My last character was a 7th Sea character. So no. The fuck am I going to seriously accomplish with some swording skills, some shitty mist magic, and 17th century stage magician skills? Plus I end up looking like an Arab - which I'm sure is just all kinds of awesome in today's political climate.
>>
>>46508648
Level 10 Paladin/Oracle VMC. Basically Jesus with a sword, running around healing people and killing demons. Lay on Hands out the ass, compassionate, friendly, well-liked, and overall just an awesome guy. Plus, a badass white hound companion that's literally the smartest dog on earth.

Fuck yeah, sign me up.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 1024x577) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 1024x577
Sure I will give it a go. Altmer Sorceress, unrepentant elven supremacist. Just let me have the skyrim version with boobs like ripe melons.
>>
File: Rune_Priest.jpg (302 KB, 500x710) Image search: [Google]
Rune_Priest.jpg
302 KB, 500x710
I for one feel like becoming an 8-foot tall viking superhuman with magical powers would be highly beneficial in this day and age.
I'd probably compete in strongman events and have a youtube channel dedicated to painting serene scenery. Don't exactly see any downsides to it...
>>
>>46508648
No.
The last game I played was classic Traveller.
I ended up playing a middle aged guy with like four terms of "Other Service".
>>
File: Tiefling Gunslinger.png (489 KB, 926x1501) Image search: [Google]
Tiefling Gunslinger.png
489 KB, 926x1501
>>46508648
Sure. I get to be a reasonably attractive Tiefling markswoman with a lifespan of several hundred years.
Even for hard mode, still yes, since she's basically a wandering do-gooder who turns up and defeats prejudice by helping people out and not being a dick.
- Lives for hundreds of years
- Resistant to fire, electricity, and cold temperatures
- Whole bunch of skills I don't currently possess and never would otherwise.
- I get a prehensile tail

This is a no-brainer. Where do I sign up.
>>
File: 492338474_de241c1d62.jpg (81 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
492338474_de241c1d62.jpg
81 KB, 500x333
>mfw I can't remember the last character I played
>mfw forever dm
>>
>being a telepathic psychometric swordmaster cute girl (19) with unshakable drive and conviction
Can I say hell yes strongly enough?
>>
My last character was horribly broken because the gm was shit so of course
>>
>>46508648
If not in her setting sure.
>>
>>46508648
I don't wanna be an autistic chinese hermit survivalist with a racist accent.
>>
Being a magic skeleton would be rad as fuck.
>>
My character has a turban, an Indian-sounding name, and is fixated on freeing the oppressed from the shackles that bind them.

On the bright side, he also has overwhelmingly high Strength and Constitution paired with perfectly average stats otherwise. So, not a terrible situation. I could live with hard mode. I'll just become a professional athlete.
>>
my last character is a rad-ass Barbarian so fuck yeah.
>>
My last character was an AI that had a heavily customized anthroform drone body so it could pass for human when it needed to. His motorcycle acted as an escape pod in the event his main body was destroyed, and an MCT flyspy served the same purpose should his motorcycle get destroyed. So yeah, I would totally be my last character, provided modern day earth electronics have device ratings.
>>
>>46508879
>>46513010
>>46515474
>>46515813
>>46516321
>>46516487
>>46516550
>>46516746
>>46516751
>>46516774
>>46516838
Since it's pretty easy to say yes when your character is just plain objectively superior to your current self, what would your choice be if you had to deal with the logical consequences of becoming the character (in the real world)? Would it be worth the trouble to deal with it (and how would you), or is having to deal with the burdens of working out a normal life enough to take the fun out of the wish-fulfillment?
>>
>>46508648
>For the memory/personality death types
The fuck is a "personality death type"?
>>
>>46517246
They usually haunt CYOA threads, freaking out at any choice that involves their personality being changed in the slightest, sometimes even just through circumstance. The ones I've seen make a mess out of it believe that just the slightest external change to your personality means that you can no longer call your personality your own, and that the major changes (even if you still keep your memories and your identity) make you into a completely different person and "kill" your old self.
>>
File: Conan Reacts.png (160 KB, 312x324) Image search: [Google]
Conan Reacts.png
160 KB, 312x324
>>46508725
>Using both toon and cuck in the first 6 words of your 11 word reply.
>>
>>46508648
Badass, harcore dickgirl survivalist with some neat psychic powers? I would absolutely become that character if I didn't have to inhabit her post apocalyptic hellscape; inherit her self-hating, chronically depressed personality brought on by a lifetime of tragedy (even if her resolve means that you'd never know how miserable she is, and it never compromises her efficiency); or have to remember her traumatic experiences as if I, myself, had gone through them. But if any of those three are part of the deal, it's a no go.
>>
File: 1460010228359.jpg (962 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1460010228359.jpg
962 KB, 1000x1333
>>46508648
I get to be pic related? Then yes, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>46517246
Oh, I see. The structure of the sentence confused me.
>>
>>46517226
>>46515474 here. I think I could follow a Paladin's code pretty easily, since there's no asshole GM specifically setting out to make me fall. I think the hardest things to deal with would likely be the fact that it's obvious that I'm not normal (the character is an aasimar with white hair and gold eyes, so he stands out in a crowd), and that once people realize that I can remove disease and heal with a touch, they probably wouldn't leave me alone. Plus, my Curse from the Oracle VMC is Compassion, so I literally can't turn someone down if they ask me to heal them.

And I don't know if the Life Link revelation is painful or if you just start feeling woozy, or what, so that might be a problem, since that's the character's main method of healing people, taking their wounds from them and then healing himself.

In the end, I think it'd be worth it. I mean, it might sound sappy, but it'd be nice to be able to help people, make their lives easier. I'd just have to be careful about revealing my identity, try and be like a healing ninja, in and out, curing diseases before they even know I was there so I don't get mobbed every time I step outside my house.

Part of it, though, depends on whether or not I'm the only one that's suddenly turned into their character. Is this a worldwide phenomenon? Am I the only one? If there are all of a sudden a bunch of elves and dwarves and wizards and shit running around, it'd probably be easier to keep a low profile, but I'm sure there would also be a lot of assholes using their newfound power to fuck with people, and I don't know if I could justify staying out of it when there aren't likely many other people that could deal with mages and shit. That'd kind of necessitate revealing myself to the world, which brings on that whole mobs of people looking for healing thing.

I dunno. It might be hard to deal with, but I think it'd be worth trying. There's a lot of good a high level healing focused Paladin could do in the world.
>>
>>46517334
Actually, I take that back. She's not constantly miserable. She's only miserable when she's not having to deal with conditions miserable enough to distract her from the fact that otherwise she'd be miserable. Basically, the best thing for her is a difficult and challenging but manageable life punctuated by triumphs that lead to temporary elation or at least contentment. She's seeking an easy, safe life (or what passes for one in a post apocalyptic hellscape), but the irony is that she would be miserable if she ever found it. Regardless, it's not a personality that I would like to have.
>>
>>46517408
but why dickgirl
>>
>>46508648
>Thai cuisine
FUCK
>>
>>46517426
Just ignore the magical realm types. You really shouldn't be surprised at how much fetishy wish-fulfillment there is in roleplaying games, so just sit back and laugh internally at it. They probably have some kind of roundabout explanation for why it makes sense in-universe and isn't a fetish fantasy, so don't even start the shitfights.
My favorite part about these threads is seeing a lot of my player stereotypes confirmed.
>>
>>46517226

Well tbqh there would be some major issues with becoming a space marine with magical powers in the real world. Also becoming the character himself would probably be preddy bad since finding out that not only is the Emperor you have dedicated your life to serve an imaginary character in some nerds escapist games, but also your home planet, battle-brothers and even the enemies you've sworn to fight are also nonexistent would probably be quite a handful to process and adjust to.

So what do you do when you find out your an obsolete out-of-place warmachine in a world where you can't relate to anything or anyone...

>>46516321 here btw
>>
>>46517426
Why not?
>>
>>46517492
Short reply:
Because it's a break with the rules of realism, which are considered to apply unless explicitly mentioned, applied solely for the purpose of a fetish. It will never come up or add characterization unless it turns into an ERP, and if it's not an ERP, you should keep out the exclusively sexual stuff for the sake of the other players' comfort.
If it's an ERP, of course, do feel free - in that case it's not an unneeded breach of realism and not something forcedly fetishy that will do nothing but creep out the other players.
>>
>>46517426
I rolled... uh... I don't remember exactly what it was called. "Extra feature" or "additional appendage" or something similar on the mutation table and went with that. And while it wasn't an ERP game per se, it didn't stray away from some sexual situations, so it did come into play, though honestly it had a much bigger impact on character development than anything else, as she was keen to hide the fact that she was a freak. Mostly it was a dark secret she had to keep hidden. At least some of the time. She was honestly more paranoid about it than she needed to be, and pretty much never let her guard down even in some situations where she could've, keeping almost everybody at arm's length. *Shrug* I don't know. It was interesting because I'd never played a character like that before.
>>
>>46517518
So if it will never come up, why do you care? I've had plenty of characters with personality traits or bits of history that I knew would never have any real impact on the game, things that I just put in there because they made the character more interesting to me, even if I knew it would never come up in play.

Even if you think it's just fetish material, let the person with their fetish have their fetish. When they say "Oh, by the way, my character's a dickgirl." just say "Oh, okay." and get on with the game. If they keep bringing it up in game when it's not wanted, then you have an argument. But until then, why make a big deal about it when it's not hurting anybody?

And if the mere existence of a girl with a dick creeps out your players, your players should probably try to grow up a little.
>>
>>46517482
See, this is the kind of stuff I like to see in these threads. It's nice to see wish-fulfillment analyzed and criticized a bit, and it provides some neat insights into why and how people play roleplaying games.
>>46517550
See, that's actually the one situation in which I'd accept a blatantly sexual and unrealistic feature like a chick with a dick in a roleplaying game. It seems like you got roleplaying potential out of it, didn't freak the other players and didn't actively get off on it, which is exactly what you should mind about a roleplaying concept.
Either you're embellishing the story, or I've just been getting too cynical about people on this board.
>>
>>46517575
I don't want to derail the thread into a shrieking argument, but the problem is that it's a sexual element that has no reason to be there if it doesn't come out, and requires a breach of the rules of realism on top of that. If it does come up, it brings the game into ERP territory - and this is risky not because "ew, sex", but because ERP brings in a lot of different emotions and motivations that can be very hard to handle for a group that isn't comfortable with sharing their fetishes with each other. When people get fetishes into something, their emotions come into it too, and that increases the risk of drama and derailment.
Characters that have a hidden trait are fine. Characters that have a hidden trait that breaks the consensus of the setting and will get a lot of emotions and perhaps unwelcome themes involved if they come up (and they will very likely come up) are less so.
Anyway, I'm >>46517577 , so I'm okay with this one specific case - I just think that once in a while it's better to be safe than sorry. I've had a few games that blew up over sexual stuff, so I know what the worst-case scenarios look like.
>>
>>46517611
Like I said, if it actually turns into uncomfortable sex-related stuff in game, then you can complain, because it's actually impacting you in some way.

Until then... sorry to sound rude, but maybe just mind your own damn business? You don't really have the right to say anything about someone else's character when it's not directly affecting you in any way.

> ...requires a breach of the rules of realism on top of that.
I don't get why you keep saying this. I mean, in most games, there are literally built-in ways to alter one's form, and all sorts of ways that someone could be born with an alternate form than the usual. What "rules of realism" are being broken here that the wizard or mutant characters don't break on a daily basis?
>>
>>46517647
The problem is that you're putting in the potential for the game to be derailed. If it comes up, will you retroactively turn your character into a normal woman, or what? You're putting in the risk of the other players being freaked or derailed when you don't need to, and that's an irresponsible move as a player. You're putting everyone else's enjoyment at risk to put in an unwelcome element, and the fact that you're insisting so heavily on it is proof positive that you shouldn't be allowed to bring it into the game, since if you put even half the energy into defending it in real life that you're doing here, the game is already miles off the rails.
It's the equivalent of storing nitroglycerin in someone else's room. Sure, it doesn't smell and it doesn't take up a lot of space, and in general you won't notice it - until that self-same lack of presence makes someone bump their foot into it and the whole shithouse goes up in smoke.
And in order to keep a sane and coherent setting, you need to assume that the only breaches of reality that happen are the ones that are explicitly mentioned. If you start introducing foreign elements or extrapolating existing ones, you're messing with the balance of the setting and risk the whole thing going off the rails in a mess of rules conflicts, fights about fluff, balance issues and good old derailment. If you're going to break rules of realism in ways that aren't explicitly mentioned in the rules, write your own setting for it so you can balance things around it and don't have to meddle with someone else's work that they've put effort into giving the proper mood and balance.
To be honest, I don't think I'm going to change my opinion, since I've experienced a lot of games that seem to confirm it, and I don't think you're going to change yours either. We've both gotten our opinions out, so let's get back to the thread at hand.
>>
>>46517647
I don't necessarily agree with him, but I get where he's coming from. It's a potential problem if people don't handle themselves the right way. It's like the guy who wants to play a loner who only cares about himself and doesn't think of himself as part of the group. In the hands of a good player, that's not an issue. He'll contrive reasons for his character to function as a part of the group and not be too much of a pain in the ass. But I've had enough obnoxious fuckers play loners in a way that makes the game very difficult that my default reaction is "no, you're not playing a loner. Make up a different character." Now, if they can make a good argument for one, and convince me that they'll play the character in a way that doesn't detract from the game, then I'll give in. Of course a lot of this comes down to who you're playing with, how well you know them, and how much you trust them.
>>
>>46508648
Probably no. She's a surly, tyrannical bully whose powers are mainly oriented around intimidating people and beating them up without the slightest concern for how obvious it is, and on top of that she's a vampire (well, a Kuei-Jin) whose darker side is so much in control of her it's not even funny. The powers would be cool, but it's not worth the drawbacks, and using the powers would get one killed in short order.
>>
>>46516542
I know that feel very well.
Let's add a corollary for the foreverGMs, then - the last named NPC who interacted with the players for longer than a few minutes counts as the last character you played.
>>
>>46517226
Shit like this is why I always play humans, half-elves, or elves when given the chance.
That lingering /x/-tier paranoia where "what if they show up in the real world" becomes a legitimate question
But yeah, pretty easy to adjust to being an elf magus with a talking sword
>>
>>46517518
>Because it's a break with the rules of realism, which are considered to apply unless explicitly mentioned, applied solely for the purpose of a fetish.

>what is ftm transgender
>what is ladyboys
>what is hermaphrodite
>>
>>46518699
None of those are "dickgirls". Transgender people still have a lot of hormonal quirks and errors left from their real gender as well as nonfunctioning reproductive systems, and they also almost always don't look completely like people who were born as that gender. Ladyboys are just the result of a lot of hormonal treatments, plastic surgery and makeup (the important part), and have the same disclaimers as above.
Hermaphrodites as written in fiction are a myth. Real ones have developmental disorders out the ass, are often functionally retarded and have short, sickly lives. On top of that, their genitals aren't a neat combination of both, but a mangled mess that results from actual errors (yes, errors) in the fetal development process.
You're either trolling or so stupid it's a wonder you can even type and remember to breathe at the same time. Feel free to play a trans character, if you're fine with rolling to pass every time you meet a new person, take off an article of clothing or even speak without making a roll to sound like the gender you want to be. Feel free to play a hermaphrodite if you want to have an INT of 6 in D&D terms, require constant medical supervision and a massive regimen of pills, an uncanny and Downs-like appearance and be infertile with malformed genitals.
>>
>>46508648
No, his life is suffering.
Actually, all my characters have terrible luck.
All their lives are suffering.
My life is suffering.
>>
>>46512369
>he doesn't want to call in low-orbit ion cannon strikes

get dunked on
>>
A tall thin elegant dancer that is so convincing in presence and charisma that she has brought nations to their knees, occasionally literally.

Sure, I guess I could be Girl Hitler.
>>
I'd be down with it. Hell, I'd even take his personality. The last character I played is an Ork in a Rogue Trader Game. His name is Zodd, and he is a Mekboy. Its hard to beat bein' Orky.
>>
File: 1454294994153.jpg (70 KB, 500x608) Image search: [Google]
1454294994153.jpg
70 KB, 500x608
>>46508648
I happen to enjoy having Int > 8, so no.

However, if we were talking about the character before that, yes I probably would switch to being a qt sorclock, because she's stacked in CHA and INT both, and you know, fucking magic.

But not hardmode, because if I lose my personality then I have died.
>>
What practical effects will being essence 0.02 have? Its supposed to be the measure of your souls connection to your body, but I'm pretty sure souls don't actually exist in the real world. Would I gain a soul? How bad would that fuck my up?

I don't mind being a spindly 7ft tall half-blender elf woman(actually, sounds nice), but I don't want to do it if I'm going to be a personalityless husk because soul-damage.
>>
>>46519440
If we carry it over to the real world, I'd say that since it isn't a direct power or a side effect of it, but instead the workings of the Shadowrun setting, you'd just end up with the disorders that real people who get artificial limbs have to deal with (though of course a lot of it is theoretical at this time because we don't have full-body cyberization technology).
Look up depersonalization, derealization and dissociative disorders, and assume that at least one of those would rear its ugly little head at some point.
>>
>>46519440
>>46520783
Also, elaborate on "half-blender". The phrasing makes me curious.
>>
>>46508648
I just noticed one of the books by the DM is labeled 'Thai Cuisine'.

Thai food is fucking delicious, what did people in the 80s have against Thai food?
>>
>>46521195
Have you noticed the relationship between nerds and spicy Asian food? If not, you've been playing in a very atypical group.
>>
No, I wouldn't. Because my last character caused the death of 3 of her friends, caused one of them to be locked in a sanatorium and got erself stuck living with a devil.
CoC yay!
>>
>>46521265
There are devils in call of Cthulhu, or are you talking about corruption of champions?
>>
>>46508648
Epic level unaging, nigh-immortal, teen redheaded Kalashtora Adept Psion specializing in bio-manipulation and prestige classed into thrallherd?

I'd take it even with the enemies she has. Of course that would make me a hedonistic sadistic and domineering xenophile, not to mention prone to creating havoc and situations where I'm bound to be defeated eventuality by the good guys, but when you're a few thousand years old, you have to have hobbies....besides, it'll give all these new-born heroes something to do.
>>
>>46518833
>all these incorrect assumptions
>>
>>46521563
Argumentum ad lapidem is not going to cut it. I'm deducting five points.
>>
File: Mermaid Syndrome - Sirenomelia.jpg (157 KB, 541x700) Image search: [Google]
Mermaid Syndrome - Sirenomelia.jpg
157 KB, 541x700
>>46508648
Hmm, be the only Mermaid in the world complete with a hypnotic voice, beautiful songs that bring pain to your very soul and fire magic.

Vs.

Spending the rest of my semi-immortal life in a tank being studied by scientists till they eventually gut me like a fish just to see what my insides look like.
Likely nothing more then weeks after they first brought me into the lab.

My death covered up and I died of 'unknown complications' till more then a century later when documents finally get brought to the surface and the government gives a paltry and empty 'sorry, we did bad'.
I'm immortalised in media and little girls dreams for at least another century till history starts to doubt I ever actually existed and media talks about the great Mermaid con.

Any contribution to science glimpsed from my corpse is to little, to late and any true worth I would have had alive was never realised.

Crazy ladies who were once the young girls that dreamed about me go on social media talking about how I was their parent or that I spoke to them psychically decades after my death. Their actions brought on by some odd form of survivors guilt brought about by my death and the lack of details behind it.

Conspiracy theorists spend far to much effort to work out how I died and although many will be right on the mark with science labs, It'll be wildly off mark with I was an alien or that I tried to stop the NWO.

In then end, most will assume I was never anything more then a brief, stupid industry stunt to advertise something and my name is nearly all but forgotten.

You know, this is actually a hard choice.
Can't do hard node though. She thinks nothing of killing and eating humans and collects their skulls for fun.
>>
>>46521532
Devils, demons, making a deal with kind.
>>
>>46508648
I become a super fit, attractive, wiser and a weapon master.

Hard Mode: I become confident and happy at the least.

Not seeing any downsides.
>>
>>46517550
>>46517334

You made that futa from Nier?
>>
Does this include our characters gear also? Or just skills and powers?
>>
>>46522669
I'd assume it has to

>become street samurai character
>none of the cyberware comes with it
>blood and missing limbs everywhere
>>
>>46522534
So this is sort of a tales from the witch house sort of "Black Man"? I thought it was just Nyarla being a dick.
>>
>>46522798
I have no clue, as I don't understand you references, unfortunately.

She made one (or more) deals with an entity which came back to bite her in the ass. As it's Cthulhu, this was to be expected. Which is why it's fun to do anyway
>>
>>46522843
Tales from the witch house is an H.P. Lovecraft story that includes a ritual where the protagonist is forced to write their name in a great book that is presided over by a black outline of a man. Mythos does not really have demons that you can make pacts with. There is Nyarlathotep who might make a deal, and night gaunts who look like demons, and will make a deal to take you to a location, but sell your soul type demons are just not a part of that setting.
>>
>>46522966
I dunno if it was 100% lovecraft approved, but it was interesting, fun and made the game alot more interesting.
>>
>>46508648
Is that tabletop only?

Fuck it. Either way the answer is yes.
>>
>>46508648
Human Commoner, PF, maxed out alchemy, ride, and handle animal.

So basically Id just be awesome with animals and be able to create or understand any substance unusually quick, but not quick enough to be super-human.

Probably go work at a zoo and make super tasty treats for the animals.

>Hard Mode
I instead own a pharmacy that is of good enough size to double as my family's home. I also care for a bunch of animals as a hobby for whom I also make special alchemy treats for.

He just wants to spend time with his family really.

>>46517226
He is literally a normal person so still good, I only benefit by having skilled knowledge ahead of my time
>>
>>46508648
Would be fun, minus the whole being stuck on a quarantined world full of zombie fungus bit.
>>
>>46518542
An angelic Paul Walker

Well, I become a god practically, and handsome af.
No idea what the real life one is like (the npc came about from a player's joke) but I just have him being generally chill as fuck, cool guy.

>>46517226
>What is being a god
Cant really be revealed unless I want to be
If I have to keep hard mode then I'll probably just do my own thing in relative secret and just live a really chill life watching humanity grow.

Its good to be DM
>>
>>46508648
A superhero with life powers. Without other supers around, it would be possible to conquer the Earth with his powers, not that the character was inclined to do so.

If I don't adopt his personality, there's nothing to keep me from carrying on with my life as usual, since I can just change my body to match my own.

But I'm not ambitious enough to take over the world nor altruistic enough to take the risk of using my powers for good like the character in question. I'd probably just hole up somewhere and make a harem of monstergirls.
>>
>>46524081
I don't think the OP ever implied that it would just be you that changed. Sure you got super powers, but there are a bunch of edgelord freeform players that are going to need to be stopped before they destroy everything.
>>
File: kpwV6zP.jpg (211 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
kpwV6zP.jpg
211 KB, 640x960
>>46522663
Judging solely by the pictures that come up in an image search: not at all. Maybe something a bit more like the girl in the pic here, only a shitload less pristine and more post apocalyptic. Dirtier. More scratched, weathered and worn, with torn clothes patched and stitched back together. And with her hair secured, because that's not combat ready.
>>
>>46524278
Well in that case, taking over the Earth it is, then. I don't want to waste my effectively immortal life chasing these chucklefucks around. I'll change the enviroment until they no longer pop up.

Not that it's a bad deal for the general population. If I'm gonna be in the open anyway, I might as well end hunger, disease and aging. Not a trivial thing to do, but achievable within decades to centuries depending on how much I get bogged down.
>>
>>46521536
One of the things about these threads is that they tend to confirm stereotypes.
What amazes me is that your GM didn't catch on to the magical realm factor behind that, or that he didn't have the decency to say anything about it.
>>
>>46508648
Yes. I hate being me.
>>
Considering the last guy i played acheved basicly chim in a setting with gods and stuff by thinking with portels hard enough, yah
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.