[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've got this idea...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: odin.jpg (992 KB, 1680x1087) Image search: [Google]
odin.jpg
992 KB, 1680x1087
I want to start a game probably DnD 4e or 5e since that's what most of us regularly play.
But after everyone's got their characters made I'll have everyone reach into a bag of one use powers.
Things that can have a drastic influence on the game but can only be used once.
Like may bring one living creature back to life, may change the weather in your immediate area for up to one day, may force one sentient being either npc or pc to change their mind about one thing.
So what do you guys think does this sound fun or am i asking for a fuck ton of trouble. Also taking suggestions for more powers.
>>
I think that idea is neato burrito.
>>
>>46507778
That sounds pretty fun. You could even have these be tangible objects like gems or something that contain the magic and have them get more through quests and stuff throughout the campaign.
>>
File: game of thrones.jpg (792 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
game of thrones.jpg
792 KB, 1920x1080
>>46508276
Yeah man i can dig it, I've been brainstorming ideas for more powers for a while now.
I'm hesitant to involve my friends in on it because having these powers be a secret the players can keep from each other i think would add another level intrigue and group dynamics to the game.
>Your best friends character nobly dies saving the rest of the party, everyone is emotionally crushed.
>You have the power to bring him back to life but no one knows that you do.
>You go against your better judgement and let your friends beloved character drift off into the afterlife.
>You can only use this power once and you need to be sure you're saving it for the perfect moment, and pray to what ever deity will listen that your group doesn't turn on you when they learn you could have saved a former member.
>>
>bump
>>
Infliction of Lycanthropsy should be one.
>>
>>46507778
Damn i thought this thread would do a bit better than this.
Anyways these are a few ideas for the powers including the ones in the original post.
>Resurrect one previously living creature just after it dies.
>Kill one creature no questions asked (thinking of making some limitations on this, must be in eyesight of player, must be able to hear player, player must be able to touch the target, etc.)
>Can force one living creature to change its mind on whatever issue the character chooses.
>The ability to change the weather of your immediate area to whatever you want for several hours or a day maybe?
>Player can create a null magic zone that renders all forms of magic useless for a specified amount of time.
>Player makes all weapons and implements intangible for a specified amount of time basically turning combat into either a magic slug-fest or an actual slug-fest.
>The player can become a perfect copy of any character they have previously met for one day.
>The player can make two characters with in eyesight switch stats with each other at least one of the affected characters must be a willing participant.
>The player may rewind time back far enough to correct a single mistake, but cannot be used while in combat.

That's all i can think of at the moment but i'm still trying to think of a few more.
>>
>>46514216

>>Kill one creature no questions asked (thinking of making some limitations on this, must be in eyesight of player, must be able to hear player, player must be able to touch the target, etc.)

>No limit on distance or power, but the PC must know the character's true name.

A neat idea is that you can use rune stones or tarot cards, that the players can hold on to. Nothing quite like a physical object to burn a hole in their pocket. Also the power can relate to the thing somehow.
>>
In 5e some of these things are actual spells infact most of them fall under what the wish spell can do
>>
Bumping till op returns
>>
>>46507778
So... magic items? A table of one-use magic items.
>>
>>46507778

Some ideas for powers, because I like powers:

For one hour, you become completely invulnerable. Hey, it's cliche, but it works

You gain the power to instantly trade places with anyone who knows you.

You can ask one question to any creature that understands you, and they must answer it with complete and sincere honesty.

For one day, you gain luck beyond measure. In every situation, fortune will ensure that you always succeed in a favorable way, even in ways that seem to make no sense.

You can take one shot with any ranged weapon that will not miss its target, regardless of distance or intervening objects.

You gain the power to do any one task at a godlike level. If you forge a weapon, it's a legendary weapon that will be used through the ages. If you build a fortress, it's a structure that will stand for an eternity. If you play a song, that song will be a ballad that will be passed on from generation to generation.
>>
For one hour, you can turn into any flying avian or mammal (or combination of)

You can permanently transfer up to 4attribute points to another creature. Must go to the same stat.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.