[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ultranids: Tyranids who follow our Spiritual Liege, Marneus Calgar,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 600x795) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 600x795
This is a thread dedicated to Ultranids. Tyranids who have devoured so much Ultramarine biomass that they have been compelled to follow the Codex Astartes, and look to our Spiritual Liege, Marneus Calgar.
>>
>>46507092
Original Thread:
>>46490677

Reposting fluff:

Each Hive Tyrant is the master of a chapter-swarm of a bit over 1000 smaller bugs. Each of these chapter-swarms is divided into ten brood-companies, the first spawned containing large numbers of warriors and hive guard, and the tenth containing lictors and genestealers. The other brood-companies are primarily gaunts.

Each brood-company is controlled by a Tyranid Prime, with a retinue of four Venomthropes and a Malanthrope, while the Hive Tyrant has a retinue of Tyrant Guard.

Each brood-company has several monstrous creatures and warriors to keep them in line, while the most horrendous bio-monstrosities are spawned apart from the main ten broods and join various broods as the planetary invasion requires. Similarly, Zoanthropes are loaned out to the broods as seen fit.
>>
Cato Lictorius.
>>
>>46507092
most important question, are they attackers or protectors of humanity?
>>
>>46507220
Depends, we have an anon who's writing up some lore for them, he said he's change some stuff from what he originally wrote, and make it better.

Originally yes, most likely yes.
>>
>>46507220
>>46507289
But for now I'll repost the original lore we wrote:

After narrowly escaping from macragge, a small segment of Hive Fleet Behemoth fled from the now-lost battle and broke off into a bunch of smaller groups.

These separate Tyranids individually attacked worlds protected by the ultramarines. Those that were successful enough were able to grow their numbers and consume more and more of the unsuspecting, segmented ultramarine forces. Over time, they applied this new DNA into their own, each gaining new characteristics as they progressed.
Eventually, some of the separate hives grew large enough to reconvene into a single tendril again. It was then that they were able to combine all of their newly-acquired DNA, which together held a large part of the complete ultramarine gene-seed.

These new tyranids did what they were programmed to do, consume, but there was something more. Their past sense of beastial, primal hunger for biomass was no longer sufficient. They craved something more.
Hive Fleet Ultra felt a great purpose beyond feeding. They felt a sense of direction; a desire to follow a new code.

They, again, return to Macragge. But, this time, not with the ambition of conquering the greatest power in the system and securing the rest of the biomass for themselves, but to join it.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>46507092
>Ultranids
>>
>>46507797
But Anon, you know it's a good kind of heresy, the kind that you know you'd love.
>>
>>46507834
>good kind of heresy
>wrong kind of fun
>>
>>46507171
I find this hilarious.

>>46507797
The whole thing started as a joke regarding how 'Nid and Ork players should just use the Space Marine Codex.
>>
>>46508004
Orks should use the eldar dex, methinks

shootaboys = guardian defenders
Gorkanaught =wraithknight
etc.etc. etc.
>>
>>46508089
Eh, I don't play Eldar, so I wouldn't know.

Anyways, I wonder when the Lore anon will arrive with the new Lore.
>>
Anyone have anything to discuss?
>>
Bunp
>>
Lore Anon here,
Just literally got done with my all my shit today, and I'm gonna go to sleep. Sorry to make you wait, but I'm even more tired/empty-headed than I was when I wrote it yesterday.
>>
>>46511463
Dang. Aw well, I'll see if I can keep the thread alive 'til you can. It's all cool, man.
>>
>>46511511
Your call. If I lasts till tomorrow, sure. If not, I'll post in the general thread/next time we have one.
>>
>>46511511
>511511
What sort of sorcery is this?

>>46512006
I can bump for a good while. I'll try to keep the thread alive.
>>
Haha! Another bump for Hive Fleet Ultra!

Hive Fleet Name Subject to Change.
>>
Hive Fleet Anthropos. Because Man is the ultimate monster
>>
>>46514359
Fascinating.

Though, honestly, I'd prefer something that sounded like an Ultramarines reference, or a straight up ripoff.
>>
>>46514752
Hive Fleet Honorius
>>
>>46514752
Hive Fleet Sicarius.
>>
Rhis tjread is oncredible
>>
>>46515809
Mate, your keyboard appears to be broken.
>>
>>46507171
Someone find a writefag and have him/her write about the epic adventures of Cato Lictorius. Now.
>>
>>46514752
Hive Legion Warditus
>>
>>46515959
Hive Legion Wardius?
Hive Legion Mattius?
Hive Legion Calgar?
Chapter-Hive Ultra?
>>
>>46515842
Not brokwn just drunk I
>>
>>46515981
Chapter Swarm Ultra?

>>46515999
Huh. That was my second guess.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.