[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
War crimes and the men who commit them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Gul-Dukat.jpg (37 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Gul-Dukat.jpg
37 KB, 500x375
Have you or your players ever had to deal with a war criminal in your games? A character who seems personable and approachable at first, but you later learn has done some morally questionable or really outright evil things in the past?

How did you deal with this person?

I had my players wrestling with the very same question in my Shadowrun 4th edition campaign.

They were introduced to a recurring NPC. A Seralathwen Navarrall, an elven noblewoman Tir Tiarngire whom they were contracted to smuggle into Seattle. She claimed to be the innocent victim of the Star Chamber's purges, and the Runners were well compensated for aiding her.

They ended up working with her on a few occasions where she proved to be tough and capable, and clearly had a military background. Then, on the eve of a big run, one of the recurring villains from our campaign contacted our Hacker out of the blue. He had some information they might be interested to learn.

It was Sera's personnel file. Lt. Seralathwen Navarral wasn't just any soldier. She was Tir Ghost. During the Tir's invasion of California, she was put in charge of a special unit engaged in "counter-insurgency operations." At first, they were just raiding rebel strongholds, but as the war turned against the Tir, her unit's tactics became ever more brutal. Eventually they started sweeping through towns and killing everyone of military age, leaving only children and old people behind.

When the PCs confronted her, she explained that she was a UGE baby. One of the first. Her experiences growing up in a world where meta-humans were unwelcome intruders fostered a deep-seated nationalism. No matter how heinous her crimes, they were in the name of the greater good. So that children born into the Tir would never have to endure the persecution and resentment she had.

In the end, the PCs decided to give her the chance to seek redemption.
>>
>>46504426
How many bajoran women has he been in?
>>
>>46504553
If the crew of DS9 would set their sensors to detect frozen corpses floating in space they could probably find out.
>>
>>46504426
>Have you or your players ever had to deal with a war criminal in your games? A character who seems personable and approachable at first, but you later learn has done some morally questionable or really outright evil things in the past?

Its an AdEva game. Basically everyone who has been working for Nerv for more than a couple of years is guilty of some kind of horrible crime against humanity.

Second Impact was a bad time.
>>
>>46504553
No idea, but i would still support the cardassians over those filthy bajorian sluts anys day
>>
>>46504426
Oddly, gm ended up using one of the pc characters from one of our old games as the villian. He wanted to wipe most non human sentient species (orcs, elves, dwarves) off the map. He came across as very sympathetic as well.
>>
We play 40kRPG. Committing war crimes while laughing maniacally in glee is an average deployment. And we're theoretically the heroes.
>>
>>46504553
The Bajoran gene pool has likely been permanently altered thanks to benevolent overlord Dukat and his cultural enrichment crusade.
>>
>>46505232
Not gonna lie, being a cardassian during the occupation must have been wonderful
>>
>>46504426
>In the end, the PCs decided to give her the chance to seek redemption
Your PCs are fucking stupid for trusting a Tir Ghost who was "just following orders" instead of doing the smart thing and keeping her at arms length until business was concluded.
I hope you did what all good Shadowrun DMs do, and made the group severely regret their lack of caution and eagerness to trust.
>>
>>46504426
>In the end, the PCs decided to give her the chance to seek redemption
Your PCs are fucking stupid for trusting a Tir Ghost who was "just following orders" instead of doing the smart thing and keeping her at arms length until business was concluded.
I hope you did what all good Shadowrun GMs do, and made the group severely regret their lack of caution and eagerness to trust.
>>
>>46505312
>>46505333
sorry, 4chan died on me and I double-posted
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.