[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>don't worry guys, I got this! What's the expected
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: Shit_Eating.png (334 KB, 617x334) Image search: [Google]
Shit_Eating.png
334 KB, 617x334
>don't worry guys, I got this!

What's the expected result when your character says that?
>>
File: Don't worry.jpg (187 KB, 710x491) Image search: [Google]
Don't worry.jpg
187 KB, 710x491
>>46504291
It usually means the GM had an oversight and he's about to suffer for it.
>>
>>46504291
Learning about the next 6 to 8 highest dangers the party (well, one of the party's characters) is likely to face, as well as at least one way to enhance overcoming one of them currently available to that character.

Or burning a motherfucker by a psychokinetic blade stab, from the inside.
>>
Usually it means I'm going to sit back and get a good show. Either a compleat train wreck or a spledid ravaging
>>
Usually means I overconfidently confront a danger, try to act cool even while fucking up and afterwards pretend like everything worked out and my actions had some greater impact of some sort.

>Find ourselves surrounded by cult
>"don't worry guys, I got this!"
>Confront the cult leader by acting though
>Get overpowered and captured
>We now have to do the cults bidding and steal a protected artefact before they release one of our friends
>"See, that turned out great, now we just have to get the artefact!"
>"And that shouldn't be hard, we're pro's."
>"We've got this..."
>repeat
>>
>>46504291
The group will say NO! But the character in question will still go through with it some times it works out other times the barbarian is knocked out by mushroom spores and taken captive by Mychanoids
>>
>>46504291
There's about to be a *lot* of collateral damage.
>>
If any of them say it, one of my characters will be absolutely demolished, even against something that is statistically far weaker.

If they don't say it, they will roll twenties constantly, destroy enemies and challenges meant for the whole party, but every other party member will either be unconcious, blinded, or unable to witness it.

I fucking hate my luck with a passion.
>>
>>46504291

>Do not be alarmed, my companions. Everything is under control.

My high-charisma abjurer wizard magically takes care of everything with a mixture of natural authority, mind rape, murder and connections.
>>
>>46504291
An exceptional feat of strength
>>
File: :k:doespsychologicalwarfare.png (568 KB, 857x1658) Image search: [Google]
:k:doespsychologicalwarfare.png
568 KB, 857x1658
Considering my current character is a ranger that fought in !not'Nam, him saying "I got this" generally means that shit's about to get really dangerous and/or weird. It get's even crazier if the sun's about to set. Pic related wouldn't be too far off from what the party could expect to wake up to the next morning, minus the dick pics. (spoiler)Maybe.(/spoiler)
>>
>Hutt in repulsor-fitted battle armour with a gun that anyone else would need a tripod to fire
>may as well be a living light hovertank
>athletic as fuck for a slug, with his dicepool he's likely never going to get ill and poisons just make him angrier
Shit is going to get wrecked, the other players are gonna get butthurt because their Jedi faggotry just can't compete and they're almost all attention whores, the autofire rules are going to get abused.
Alternately, he's about to try and intimidate someone and likely screw up. His business is in deeds rather than words.
>>
My current character?
A surly Dwarf Ranger going to town on some poor bastard with a pair of gladii.
>>
>>46504291
Friendship
>>
>>46504291
Shit is about to go DOWN
>I'm the mage in my shadowrun group. If there's something for me too do, it means the metal fists don't got it covered.
>>
File: It's wizard time!.gif (144 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
It's wizard time!.gif
144 KB, 126x126
>>46504291
>>don't worry guys, I got this!

>What's the expected result when your character says that?

Literally anything, because wild magic. For example, my wild mage's quarter staff turned into a sniper rifle. And just recently swapped clothes with some mummy lord, somewhere.
>>
>>46504291
It means I'm going to bust out a sick solo on my Lute and wow the ladies with my huge Charisma stat.
>>
>>46504291

>What's the expected result when your character says that?

Well, the first is surprise of my senseshal using that kind of uncivilized tone.

the second is probably "calm down and pay attention", as these things usually go my way, either through a plan set up way earlier, or some fair and balanced weapon or augment i picked up a while before. Unless the GM saw through me before and throws a curveball, of course.

Still, last time i killed a herald of slaanesh (and anther pc , and a load of crewmen, but they were mindcontrolled and they don't count anyway), so it's going well so far
>>
>>46504291
Going by the last three times that he said either that phrase or something close to it...

1) Lots and lots of screaming, property damage, violence and probably fire, because his Handler decided to authorize activation of an A-Class or higher Protocol Option in response to the given threat. He really likes those Options.

2) He's about to get his ass handed to him, again, because he underestimated the danger presented by the 90-year-old man / 8-year-old girl / harmless smiling robot / local video arcade champion. Again. This is actually far more likely than he'd care to admit...especially that last one.

3) Stay the fuck out of the kitchen, because he's about to work a fucking miracle. That's not a code word, either - he's a wizard in the kitchen, and the rest of the team knows better than to get in his way when there's a culinary emergency happening.
>>
>>46504291
I am going to throw something into a hole.
It should not be thrown into a hole.
>>
>>46504291
Victory and then explosions.

Or sometimes explosions and then victory.

But pretty much always explosions. If not explosions then a lot of fire.
>>
File: rolled a 1.jpg (189 KB, 700x1715) Image search: [Google]
rolled a 1.jpg
189 KB, 700x1715
>>46504291
We had a rogue who rolled 4 1's in a row, then proceded to roll a 1 every 3 times for the rest of the session. Shit was crazy.
>>
>playing Curse of Strahd
>Tiefling Warlock in a group of Dwarven clerics, A human Ranger and Half Elf Rouge
>Trying to get the sword of the sun from The burgeoumeister
>Rouge Sneaks off and steals the sword, later gets caught by that demon guy whos the leader of the guard.
> My dwarven pals sequester me into our room for almost getting us imprisoned.
>rouge, Ranger, and dwarf Fighter getting fucked up by Demon guy
>DontworryguysIgotthis.jpg
>Bluff my way past a large group of guards telling them to follow me because their boss is in trouble.
>At the top of the stairs I turn around and ignite them all with burning hands.
>Oh fuck this house is made of wood
>Kill 4 more guards with burning hands who have surrounded my pals fighting the demon guy.
>Oh fuck every things on fire get out guys,get out!
>Ranger dies
>I run up the stairs as every one heads out to ry and find the Burgeoumeisters son.
> I'm LE so I told him he can either go die in the fire, or help me fight Strahds cultists who are surrounding the burning building.
>Turns out hes a total pussy who cant help at all.
>Tell him welp theres a third option now as I dash towards him and use his body to cushion my fall out the ruined attic.
>Kid fucking explodes on impact!
>We all had quite the laugh.
>>
>>46504291
Something involving grenades.
>>
>>46504534
This. there is no middle ground.
>>
>>46504291
Everyone is super happy that my character picked up the bar tab
>>
>>46504291
Mind rape.
>>
>>46504291
Last time it happened I ohko'd a defiler and a dreadnaught by wrapping 30kilo's of det packs around a magnetic grapnel with 10 kilo's of det-tape while they were grappling one another.

I mixed in a few stikk bombs for good measure.
>>
File: 1398130778356.png (961 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
1398130778356.png
961 KB, 1152x648
>don't worry guys, I got this!
Someone's gonna die
And it ain't gonna be me
>>
>>46504291
It means that predictably my attack roll won't be higher than 5 and my ranger will miss, which has become a running joke in the campaign.

sigh.
>>
>>46504291
Seduction, deception, or arson, depending on level of success.
>>
I'm the melee class holding the line for a bunch of spellcasters in 3.5, so I guess they start warming up those magic missiles.
>>
My mage is probably going to beat someone to death with his wand. Again.
>>
>>46504291
Something bad, nothing good happens to us, probably my character went insane
>>
>>46504291
Was playing a weaverdice campaign once and some dude was flying away with our suitcases that we were trying to sell to some mysterious corporation. Had my teammate and I both jump of a cargo ship towards the bay below. He used his airblasting powers to launch me upwards about 30 feet. I do a sweet backflip and grab the guy midair and crash down into the ocean making perfect rolls the whole time. Ended up taking some lethal damage from a 50 foot fall into the water, but it was worth it.
>>
>>46504534
An objectively correct answer.
>>
We had a ninja who said this before dealing with a trapped corridor. Afterwards, we kept finding ninja cubes in various parts of the dungeon due to how badly he failed.
>>
>>46511087
Wow, that trapmaker must have been pretty dedicated.
>>
>>46504291
He's in over his head and is about to take a beating until his hidden power activate or he's taken hostage.
>>
>>46504291
"Enhanced interrogation techniques" are about to be deployed.
>>
>>46511143
He was one of many who succumbed to those dungeons. Really, the traps weren't hard to spot, and could have been bypassed or easily dealt with, but a mixture of bravado and trying to loot everything tends to end badly for those unprepared.

This includes but is not limited to, wizard falling down a endless flight of stairs, almost getting killed trying to take a adamantium guillotine trap, trying to hug the guiloteen golem because the player is a warforged bard, ending the world a whole bunch of times failing the same puzzle again and again, and the artificer jury rigging a magic bomb that vaporized both the boss and paladin at the same.

Saying 'I got this' tends to be a death sentence.
>>
>>46511352
>ending the world a whole bunch of times failing the same puzzle again and again
Was it an hypercube or what?
>>
I find out how good my Armor of Elemental fury is, and our manipulative social skills focused character probably accidentally shoots me in the back with his enchanted pistol.
>>
>>46504291
They expect he's going to make a fool out of himself.
>>
File: WIN_20150621_194011.jpg (286 KB, 908x1030) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20150621_194011.jpg
286 KB, 908x1030
Thirty-seven trained soldiers and eight horses are about to be beaten to death by a single angry, 5', Pictish tree person.

>WoD is a realistic setting.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>Expected result
Waste an hour writing up a new character
>Usual result
Waste two and a half hours writing up a new character
>>
>>46504291
I die, despite being an overpowered character

>plays halfling rogue
>5e rules for halflings+rogue are BS
>double movement plus can't crit fail
>uses magic because rogues are just wizards
>mfw despite this I die every session
>>
>>46511497
It was more a side adventure really. Something to lighten the mood and to see how players and characters react in certain situations. Some got dungeons, I got a brain in a jar, it's doomsday puzzles, and a warforged lovechild of shadow of the colossus and a metal gear.
>>
>>46511798

that is a lot of epic for a side adventure.I wish to meet your dm
>>
>>46511874
It was more a silly mix than a epic one, but it was a good game. Though as is everyone is either depressed, busy working, or in the eternal writers block to start up the group again.
>>
>>46511271
One of my friend's characters interrogated people by sticking his pinky finger up their arses
>>
>>46512031

Depending on where that pinky goes your friend was more likely to arouse them than anything else.
>>
>>46504291
Depends. If it's medicine or stealth, they got this. If it's anything else, shenanigans.
>>
>>46511686

You playing a medieval changeling game? Elemental i presume, cause i just can't see the flowering fairest or the wizened kith that has to do with trees beating someone to death.
>>
>>46512031
>pinky finger
Unless he happens to have a sharp claw at the end of that finger that's not a particularly good method of interrogation.
>>
>>46506915
Storytiem arcade champ incident pls.
>>
>>46512370

>claws
>anus

Well that changes things. Even if i make the anal circumference roll i'm still screwed.
>>
>>46512953
Well at least I didn't mention having shark skin, huh?

Whoops.
>>
>>46504291
Someone gets their dick sucked.
>>
>>46513114

....the fuck are you playing Anon?
>>
>>46513170
Don't ask, don't tell.
>>
I intigated a plebeian uprising in which we took over the means of production, then shot a load of wizards with crossbows, blamed all our starvation on the fucking lying druids and started a war with the Elven and Dwarf enclaves within our land.

I created medieval Stalinism and nobody realized
>>
>>46504291

One party member has interpreted the rules in a way that favors them, selectively ignoring the part that is about to hose them.
>>
>>46505754
>Vlad the Anklebreaker

And that is why no one would be stupid and/or crazy enough to invade America without carpet bombing everything first, cause I'm half sure there are people over here retarded enough to try that.
>>
>>46504291
Mid-combat selfie while everyone else screams in terror.
>>
>>46504291
I'm known in my group for my ability to build effective characters (I'm not a super-optimizer, most of the people at my table just don't know what they're doing), so usually they just expect me to got this.
>>
A trivial task that even a child could accomplish is about to be blown into rubble
>>
>>46504291
Stone Call burying a fuckton of undead monks for 4 turns while we skeedaddle the fuck away.
>>
>>46504291
Last time that happened, our Chaotic Good Celestial-blooded Sorcerer started setting the entire party on fire. It was a spell that actually healed Good-aligned creatures, hurt Evil, and did nothing to Neutral. He was a pyro, so he did this all the time and reasoned that there was nothing wrong with it because anyone who wasn't Good was basically sub-human
>>
>>46504291
Spoon's character is going to die.. again.
>>
>>46504291
After soloing a dozen cultists and their leader, very positive
>>
It means I have been a total badass last session, am about to run out of luck, die and make a new character.
The key to enjoying high mortality games is to roleplay your character feeling powerful to the end.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.