[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick /tg/, I need 100 ideas for themed dungeon rooms. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1374796896470.jpg (176 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1374796896470.jpg
176 KB, 800x800
Quick /tg/, I need 100 ideas for themed dungeon rooms. It's fine if they're vague, as long as they give some general idea of what the room will be like.

Here's a few examples:
1. Trial of Swamp
2. Haunted Library
3. Tainted Reliquary
4. Undead Grove
5. Tomb of the Myconids

I literally just pulled those few out of my ass, but I'm sure /tg/ can come up with more interesting concepts. If you want, feel free to explain what the room could contain.
>>
>>46504034
Bedroom of Naps
>>
>>46504070
Saving throw to avoid being charmed in the bedroom
>>
>6. A big red button
The room resembles a fine dining room from an 18th century mansion. Instead of a table, though, is a big red button on a pedestal surrounded by chairs. When pushed, the doors to the room swing shut and lock, and the room begins to fill with poisonous gas.
>>
Room of echoes
>>
>>46504034
Pit of snakes
>>
Wall of Dicks
>>
>>46504034
Room of tentacles
>>
- Endless hallway.
- Reefer with bodies hanging from the ceiling. (they still move and speak, but mostly among each other and in languages that the party doesn't understand)
- Lava room. The floor is lava. There is a treasure chest on a little pedestal on the other side.
- Water room. The floor is water. There's also a few sun loungers at the side plus a dresser with magical swimming wear. The water is filled with vengeful piranha-ghosts and skeleton sharks.
- Skeleton Room. The floor is skeletons. For as long as the heroes are inside the room, they look like skeletons as well. While they are passing through they are suddenly attacked by a bunch of skeletons. These skeletons are actually another party of adventurers.
A locked door with a sign "under construction". The lock cannot be picked, but if the characters break the door open, the find themselves in a room that looks completely normal on the side with the door but the colors and contours just stop at a certain point. Beyond that, the outlines of the room are barely visible pencil sketches on a perfectly white surface.
- Hall of memories. A large room filled with embarrassing childhood pictures of the dungeon's owner.
- Chamber of Mystery. Only one character can enter this chamber at a time. When one of the heroes dares walk through the door, you take the character sheet from the player. Pretend to be editing something (anywhere), and hand it back to him along with a little piece of paper that says he can't remember anything that happened inside.
>>
Temple of Penance
>>
>>46504034
1. Mimicry
The whole room is nothing but mimics, including the floor, walls, ceiling, doors, etc.
2. Hallway of Snakes
A pit with a rope bridge made out of snakes.
3. The Door
A really big door whose key is stuck in a crack at the top of the 600 foot tall door.
4. Stairwell of patience
A stairwell that loops on itself after 4 landings, to escape you have to jump off the side and fall down the center.
5. Tea Party
A large grass field with a group of skeletons having a tea party at a long table in the mists.
>>
>>46504618
>a group of skeletons having a tea party
Are they gentleman skeletons? Do they have British accents and top hats?
>>
>>46504647
Up to the person running whatever this is. I'd say make them warriors from various timelines brought together by fate and they act civil while discussion their achievements in past lives.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.