[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hastur is now the BBEG for your campaign. How fucked are you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: Hastur.jpg (96 KB, 1914x1076) Image search: [Google]
Hastur.jpg
96 KB, 1914x1076
Hastur is now the BBEG for your campaign.

How fucked are you?
>>
Literally who?
>>
>>46501758

The King in Yellow.
>>
File: 1401399557723.gif (668 KB, 346x191) Image search: [Google]
1401399557723.gif
668 KB, 346x191
>>46501719
>How fucked are you
>getting fucked by a trap

That's not what traps are for OP. He's the one who will be fucked.
>>
>>46501773
Am I supposed to know this?
Is this some flavor of the week animu or some ther gay shit like that?
>>
>>46501719
The setting is already about to become the battlefield of a proxy war between outer things, so one more won't change things that much.
>>
File: 1457108393348.png (17 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1457108393348.png
17 KB, 600x600
>>46501787
>>46501758
>>
>>46501787
>>46501758

Hastur was kind of a pre-cursor to the Cthulhu mythos and H.P. Lovecraft played lip service to him in a work of his and freely admitted to being inspired by Hastur's insanity inducing effect for his whole 'mind destroying' effect with his own writing.

Hastur is an indestructible being that induces mass insanity in others with an undefined/indescribable anatomy. You aren't supposed to say his name as it gives him power.

A weaker representation of him was used in a movie not that long ago about an elder woman losing her mind and eventually trying to sacrifice her grandson to him for power.
>>
File: Hastur.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hastur.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>46501787
>some other gay shit like that?

This is a hard mother fucker you cum-guzzling fagtron.
>>
>>46501719
Mildly so, because finding a new game is kind of annoying, but I'll live.
>>
>>46501773
This is incorrect. In Lovecraft's stories he loosely connected Hastur to the King in Yellow and he never went into what Hastur even is. Which is good because knowledge ruins horror

In other works inspired by Lovecraft, they placed the King in Yellow as an Avatar of Hastur.

>>46501719
Are you talking about OG Hastur, the kind Shepard God, the figure in Lovecraft's stories which is never explained, or the Hastur from work inspired by Lovecraft?
>>
>>46501719
>How fucked are you?
Am I Old Man Henderson?
This is important.
>>
>>46501941

>The king in yellow is an avatar of hastur

Maybe, maybe not.

That is one of the things about Hatur, he is kept very loosely defined in terms of what exactly he is.

What is known
>saying his name is bad news.
>He induces intense madness enmass
>Some of the greatest artists, authors, and composers who have ever lived are at the very least touched by him if not outright worshiping him
>He is tied to the King in Yellow in some way. Be it an Avatar, his actual form, or how people perceive his outward appearance because they cannot comprehend his actual appearance.
>>
>>46501869
What movie?
>>
>>46502026
>saying his name is bad news.
Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur Hastur

Nope.
Nothing happened.
>>
>>46502017

No one is Old Man Henderson, not even Old Man Henderson.
>>
>>46502017
No. You are young man Henderson, son of middle-aged man Henderson who was the son of Old Man Henderson.
>>
>>46502075
Sir, did you just go full retard?
>>
>>46502075

Nothing bad happened that you in your face this instant. But now your lifespan has been shortened by 20 years, your true love is lost in time and space and will never meet you, and there will never be a third Hellboy movie.

You monster.
>>
>>46502120
... way to go, cockwomble, I really wanted more Hellboy.
Yeah, that's right, you just got called a cockwomble on a random thread on 4chan. You can add that to the list of horrible things that happened since using his name.
>>
I summon Old Man Henderson
>>
>>46502026
In many stories the King in Yellow is an avatar of Hastur.

Hastur is really nothing in true Lovecraft Mythos (written by Lovecraft).

>saying his name is bad news
No evidence of this in main writings. Only name that really seems to evoke any power is Yog-Sothoth Who is one of the only GODs that is active in Lovecraft's stories
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>46502017
>>46502184
Rolling to summon Old Man Henderson.
>>
>>46502202
If that doesn't work then summon Demonbane

If we're gonna be retards and have Lovecraft tier outer gods as the BBEG then we might as well go full retard.
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>46502249
Rolling to summon Bob the Ordinary Guy.
>>
>>46502249
This.

Outer Gods are not meant to be dealt with. Its their representatives that are meant to be dealt with. That's why you shoot cultists on sight
>>
>>46501780
But I want to power bottom a trap
>>
>>46501787
The King in Yellow is an old book about a mysterious play, "The King in Yellow," that was said to drive all who see it preformed into frothing madness.

It was one of Lovecraft's main inspirations for his work, and occasionally referenced even today.
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 425x790) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 425x790
>>46501719
It's doable.
>>
>>46501869
Movie title plz
>>
>>46502742
>>46502064
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hastur#In_popular_culture
>In the 2014 supernatural horror film Mercy, Hastur appears as the main antagonist, seeking to claim the souls of the eponymous grandmother and her unsuspecting family (Also mentioned in Stephen King's short story "Gramma" that the movie is loosely based on)
>>
I, once, in my youth (like a year ago)
planned on using Azathoth and the Old Ones as the Big Bads of my setting.
>>
>>46501719
Fine. Shepherds ain't shit, their god ain't shit either.
>>
>>46502668

>25% chance he will hear and send minions after you
>25% chance he will know you beat his minions and show up in person

that elder sign isn't really "imprisoning" him very well.

also i have a feeling the kind of /tg/ goofballs who build peasant railguns can figure out some way to abuse the ability to summon Hastur / Byakee just by saying his name. surely there's some way you can combine that with one or two other spells and build a perpetual motion machine to power your anti-Punpun ritual, or something.
>>
File: yellow sign.jpg (102 KB, 550x800) Image search: [Google]
yellow sign.jpg
102 KB, 550x800
>>46502075
Yes?
>>
>>46502017
epin!!!!!
>>
>>46502909
>Azathoth
>>
>>46502909
You don't mean Azathoth, you mean the cult of Azathoth. If Azathoth woke up enough to think he would literally destroy the universe.
>>
>>46501719
Fucked.
>>
Im currently a warlock in 5th who worships Hastur, this is a dream come true.
>>
>>46501719
Chambers' The King in Yellow really disappointed me.

I wanted an anthology weird fiction, not a few pieces of weird fiction attached to an anthology of Victorian teen love stories.

Also, Hastur is a field on another planet. Why Derleth decided to make it an epithet for the King in Yellow himself is beyond me.
>>
>>46504932
Now you realize my stupidity
>>
>>46501719
We're playing MAID, so I guess we'll have to try extra hard to please Hastur-sama.
>>
>>46506164
Because Hastur the god predates Chambers, it goes back to Haita the Shepherd, by Ambrose Bierce. Who also wrote An Inhabitant of Carcosa, which is where a lot of the names came from.
>>
As a Sorc/Lock who regularly ingests psychotropics, and has done gods-know-what with things ranging from pixies with vore fetishes to a troupe of changeling mimes and at least two aboleths(at once), probably not very. He's already pretty far off the deep end to begin with. Hell, he'd probably look to try to get Big H laid, or some other half-assed scheme. Anything that pleases either Discordia, who he is a follower of, or Loki, his fel patron.
>>46506236
Now I'm imagining a maid asking to press his yellow robe.
not sure whether d'aww or san check. Maybe both.
>>
>>46501719
I'd start planning on betraying my team to Hastur because I damn well know they are planning to do the same to me.

My ERP game is way more serrious and cloak and dagger than my normal games.
>>
>>46504374
Your sign looks like my butthole
>>
>>46510687
Why don't you just fug each other?
>>
>>46511364
We have.

I still don't trust that fucking spy.
>>
>>46501719
Depends on how long it'll take various Planeswalkers to notice he's trying shit and when/if they'll attempt anything to stop him.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.