[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some weird adventurer setups? >Full armored knight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10
File: Pikachu Coffee.png (104 KB, 236x207) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu Coffee.png
104 KB, 236x207
What are some weird adventurer setups?

>Full armored knight that solely uses daggers instead of heavy melee weapons
>The rogue who uses a two handed sword.
>>
>weird
Funny way of spelling "retarded" you have there OP.
>>
>>46500533
>The rogue who uses a two handed sword.

Fafhrd?
>>
>>46500511
Halfling Lancers

They'are actually awesome, but when I brought one into a game everyone looked at me funny.
>>
The MO of Pillars of Eternity was to give unexpected weapons and armors to the different classes by default and different specializations for NPCs at random.
Valian mages wore plate. Some ciphers (psionists) used estocs. Aedyran chanters (necromancer-bards) got a pollax by default. The posessed mage in your party used a rapier.

Just play Pillars of Eternity. You'll get all the silly combinations.
>>
>>46500511
I would play knife knight.
Give him a pair of trench knives for up close and some throwing knives for far away. Maybe a machete to spice things up now and again.
>>
>>46500592
>Fafhrd
>rogue
>either of those two
>2handing

Idiot detected.
>>
>>46500742

Shame the game isn't very good.
>>
>>46500804
Fafrd is a barbarian rogue. And Graywand is a two-handed sword, even if Fafrd can use it one handed.
>>
>>46500533
Wow. I dont know how you did it, but you are a bigger faggot than OP.

>>46500511
Serious minded Illusionist is a favorite of mine but for some reason im sorta drawing a blank. I fought alongside a halfling Cavalier in pathfinder who rode a wolf.
>>
>>46500511
A Ranger who uses an Atlatl.
>>
>>46500511
i played a fake mage? i bought a specific armor that has low AC but looks like full plate, and a carried around a bastard sword of the same metal. but truly i was a spell caster, but dressed like a knights to prevent the enemies from going "there be a mage get em!"
>>
File: atty.jpg (350 KB, 1015x967) Image search: [Google]
atty.jpg
350 KB, 1015x967
>>46500926
That is some funny shit.
>>
>>46500511
But the knife-knight idea is just retarded - a knife is a great weapon and has great utility outside of stabbing people to death, but is in combat literally objectively inferior to most other weapons due to a serious lack of range and "stopping power". A knife can be easily concealed - which is helpful in self-defence and assassination scenarios, but a fully armoured knight (by which you probably mean some variant of plate armour" cannot be easily, if at all, concealed. So why the hell is the knight not using a sword (great all-round weapon, kill unarmoured morons, if it's long enough use on horseback, use pointy end to stab through chinks in armour and as leverage) a polearm (all that reach and massive percussive impact) some sort of heavy blunt weapon like a mace (percussive impact to fuck up armoured foes) if the knives have no advantage over ANY weapon in that scenario?
>>
>>46501054
He can get inside peoples reach or fight in cramped conditions where it is difficult for them to swing.
Also a tactic often used by knights apparently was to wait for someone to lift up their sword and then drop your sword, pull your dagger and stab the fucker while his arms are still in the air.
>>
>>46500914
I don't understand how that's unusual.

I get that they're a reduction in tech below the bow, and modernly seen as less manly than an unaided throw, but atlatls aren't exclusively druid weapons.
>>
>>46501153
>and modernly seen as less manly than an unaided throw
Thats stupid. I used one once and I threw that stick far as a motherfucker.
>>
A noble rogue that has taken an oath to fight honorably, making stealth attacks forbidden.
A lancer without a mount, instead using it like an unflexible rapier when fighting
>>
>>46500511
I actually am doing that now. Playing 3.5, I've got a half Orc rogue who uses an Orc Razor (basically a falchion that grants bonuses to characters with Orc blood)

This characters been fun so far. His backstory is that he was raised by gnomes, and truly believes he is a giant, deformed gnome. He found the weapon one day and realized he was awesome with it, has no idea why.

The DM is trying to get him to realize he's and Orc, but Namfoodle ain't having none of that shit.
>>
>>46500511
Nice dubs
>>
File: DisappointedJimProfit.png (78 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
DisappointedJimProfit.png
78 KB, 249x250
>>46500511
>Ranger that only has one favored enemy but mad stacks on that one enemy.
>Talked with the DM about moderators and we decided their alignment would be either neutral or chaotic evil, so he gave me the option of my favored enemy being neutral or chaotic evil aligned beings.
>The party's face when I was doing some crazy damage and more dedicated to fighting evil than a paladin when it was my special snowflake hatred but otherwise didn't give two shits.
>Even worked with the lawful evil bad guy who offered us a huge settlement to help him rig an election and pick off some of his rival candidates.
>>
>>46501054
>>46501099
You know that he can have a polearm AND a dagger, right? And a crossbow/arquebus too? There's no purpose in only having the dagger.
>>
>>46501359
He has two daggers nigger.
He shanks two motherfuckers at once!
Or one motherfucker twice!
>>
>>46501209
>A lancer without a mount, instead using it like an unflexible rapier when fighting

He does however have a trusty squire with 2 halves of a coconut.
>>
>>46500511
Warlock who doesn't use Eldritch Blast.
>>
Dart fighter was entirely viable in AD&D 2e.
1d3+8 damage 5 times per round at weapon speed 1 is no joke.
>>
File: RO_CombatKnife.png (8 KB, 280x148) Image search: [Google]
RO_CombatKnife.png
8 KB, 280x148
>>46500511
>>Full armored knight that solely uses daggers instead of heavy melee weapons
Do you even PvP?
>>
>>46501054

Then explain why people still use combat knives today and swords are only used by poor-people nations who can't afford anything better? :^)
>>
>>46503332
Assuming he can't afford balloons with Opium, sure.
>>
>>46500511

>gnomish barbarian with a clockwork chainsaw.

No special powers, just a refluffed greataxe.
>>
File: Untitledt.png (84 KB, 660x633) Image search: [Google]
Untitledt.png
84 KB, 660x633
Pacifcist of any kind in a dungeon crawl
>>
Played a Rogue with absurdly high UMD who pretended to be a wizard.
>>
File: GERSTAL061page3.jpg (57 KB, 490x450) Image search: [Google]
GERSTAL061page3.jpg
57 KB, 490x450
>>46503398
Explain why most soldier in WW2 used their spades for HtH rather than the issued knives
>>
File: 1459693359315.jpg (32 KB, 396x353) Image search: [Google]
1459693359315.jpg
32 KB, 396x353
>>46503386
Oh my god, the nostalgia. I spent weeks grinding to get Combat Knife for my Stalker, only to have my guild leader who was quitting throw me her slotted CK.

Good times.
>>
File: estoc hunter.jpg (843 KB, 1800x2291) Image search: [Google]
estoc hunter.jpg
843 KB, 1800x2291
>>46500511
>Full armored knight that solely uses daggers instead of heavy melee weapons
>>
>>46503398

Because melee weapons are rarely used and knives are easier to carry than swords, you faggot.

Though my unit trained to fight with field spades instead of knives, even if we had both, see >>46503936
>>
>>46500592
>Don't talk to me or my son ever again.
>>
>>46504422
Fuck, I chuckled.
>>
>>46500595
I had a Gnome tank once
It was fun
>>
>>46503950
The shitshow that is Tree Of Savior is painful to watch
My friends and I have plans to play it once it goes F2P but monitoring the goings-on and everything I'm tempted to just boot up a new account on some mid-rate
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.