[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so my gf wants to get into 40k playing the imperial fists. i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: 250px-Crimsonfistslogo.jpg (13 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
250px-Crimsonfistslogo.jpg
13 KB, 250x251
so my gf wants to get into 40k playing the imperial fists. i said she should make them crimson fists, which would be fucking hilarious (shes mexican). problem is, i know dick about them. so /tg/ how do i explain the space mexicans without sounding like i beat off to donald trump speeches?
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 735x970) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 735x970
>>46494223
I dunno.

But here's Pedro.
>>
>>46494223
Pedo Cantor, epic last stands against orks and all that stuff
>>
>>46494223

The Horus Heresy story of their first Chapter Master is pretty boss. And the fact that Crimson Fists are THE Space Marines, regardless of how hard GW tries to champion the Ultramarines. They were on that bomb-ass metal cover for the original Rogue Trader, and no amount of retcons can take that away.

Truly if they were any more awesome, they'd be considered First Founding, and they'd deserve it too.
>>
File: Crimson_Fists_Last_Stand.jpg (174 KB, 639x702) Image search: [Google]
Crimson_Fists_Last_Stand.jpg
174 KB, 639x702
>>46494223
Heres what you need to know about the Crimson Fists

>BROTHERS! MAKE YOUR STAND! HERE! AND NOW!
>>
does anyone have any fluff they can post? im a necron player so everything i have is about them.
>>
>>46494223
The Crimson Fists suffered great losses but work hard to rebuild under the leadership of Pedro Kantor.

Pedro's best friend, Allessio Cortez, is a totally badass who who killed an ork warboss after having his arm severed. Allessio has also gone missing. The Eldar may be involved.

Pedro constantly strives to rebuild his band of brothers but also longs to one day reunite with his friend.
>>
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Crimson_Fists
>>
>>46494248
That's not Pedro. No stormbolter.

The picture is awesome though. It's also the image that got me into 40k. My local GW had a life size poster of it hanging in their store.
>>
>not beating off to trump speeches

>in 2016
>>
>>46494324
>>46494438
>>46494370

>suffered great losses

because they got bombed to shit by THEMSELVES

own fucking missile blew up their fortress

retard chapter if there ever was one
>>
>>46494324

you mean Polux the retard?

the retribution fleet could have kill Perturabo and destroyed the Iron Warriors fleet but no he decided to retreat because he got a call from Dorn in the middle of battle to return to Terra

so instead of a victory and a dead traitor primarch, he got most of the fleet destroyed
>>
>>46495550
He was doing his duty - for all he knew, Terra itself could have been under attack, with the Warriors as a diversion.

Chaos let the message (which Dorn was broadcasting for ages) get through when the Fists were winning, where they'd been blocking it before, because their guys were losing
>>
File: 1314036883388.jpg (718 KB, 1386x869) Image search: [Google]
1314036883388.jpg
718 KB, 1386x869
>>46494223
Nigger just buy her a copy of Rynns World so she can see how bad these sons of Dorn are.
>>
>>46494223

I find them to be the level-headed part of Dorn's old legion. They aren't as crazy-zealous as the Templars, and slightly less suicidedly stubborn than the Imperial Fists. Somewhat of a vanilla chapter, less prominent (especially with that master-class fuckup where they nearly destroyed themselves) than the Smurfs. Many tend towards Spanish/Hispanic names. I personally think more Reconquista Spain, less Mexico. This may be simply due to their part of space being settled by post-hispanics in the DAoTech, and the names having stuck around.
>>
>>46495491
>THEY are to blame for malfunctioning and possibly sabotaged gear!!
>>
>>46495491
Rumors point to it having been the work of a Vanus Assassin who reconfigured the guidance system.
>>
>>46496347
I prefer the Excoriators, if only because of all the shit they have to deal with and the hatred they get from other Dorn successors, while still being a fairly normal chapter.
>>
>>46498516
>some random Assassin Lord has beef with some random Crimson Fist Captain for probably almost nothing
>orders their monastery tampered with
>the Assassin Lord and the Marine both die, probably soon after making peace
>nobody remembers that the missiles were tampered with
>4 thousand years later Rynn's World is almost destroyed and the Crimson Fists almost wiped out
>if they failed, a whole Imperial sector and Alaitoc alongside countless Exodite Worlds would be destroyed in Ork fire
Such is life in 40k
>>
>>46494223
>so my gf wants to get into 40k playing the imperial fists. i said she should make them crimson fists, which would be fucking hilarious (shes mexican). problem is, i know dick about them. so /tg/ how do i explain the space mexicans without sounding like i beat off to donald trump speeches?
Are you asking a traditional gaming forum to use google for you?
Have you tried using your brain? I hear thinking is a very helpful thing in times like these.
>>
If she wants to play Fists what makes you think she's open to playing another chapter (even a successor)?

Unless she just wants Fists' rules in which case, yeah OK.

Let her know off hand that painting yellow is extremely hard, the crimson fists are fairly popular, and share that you'd think it'd be funny since they're perceived as Mexican.

Alternatively show off their other cool successors until she finds a scheme she likes.
>>
>>46504158
>Let her know off hand that painting yellow is extremely hard
This. You don't want to start off with something difficult to paint, or the army will look like shit.
>>
>>46494223
tell her Imperial fists are all dead now anyways
>>
A Land Raider appropriately named Rynn's Might that somehow managed to skillfully pilot itself using only its machine spirit and take out a good chunk of the invading Ork horde, including a warboss, with hellish accurate weapon fire. When it ran out of ammo, it then tried to run over the Orks and when its treads were clogged with bodies and its doors smashed open, it was entered by Lootas seeking to take it after which it vented the reactor and killed them all with hot plasma.. The Crimson Fists were able to recover the machine spirit of "Rynn's Might", and are now trying to find a new vehicle to house the machine spirit. They probably need a titan chassis to contain that much awesome.

Alessio Cortez and pedro kantor have a talk:
“Not likely,” protested Cortez. “I’m still in this. I’m fine.” “No,” Kantor boomed. “You lost an arm, Alessio. By the mercy of the Emperor alone, you’re lucky you didn’t lose your life.” Cortez gestured over Kantor’s shoulder. “I haven’t lost an arm, brother. It’s right over there.”
>>
>>46494223
Dark blue with red hands look better than yellow
>>
>>46504784
I would disagree.
>>
>>46504856
You're entitled to your wrong opinion
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.