[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yuan-Ti 5e D&D ideas.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
I'm running a campaign of 6 level 6-9 Pc's. They've just uncovered a Yuan-Ti temple in a Black marshland/swamp. The Temple is an older temple of a Dragon God that has be taken over and desecrated that the my players have to clear.

I'm been DMing for years, I'm mildly drunk and need some inspiration /tg/. I already plan to open with a poison gas and pendulum trap at the entrance. My ideas are poison/acid traps, abominations, heat sensitive rooms/doors, sacrificial alters, and blood activated puzzles. I need more ideas.

Give me your best /tg/! This is going to be a very important session, but I need some fresh ideas.
>>
Shameless self bump;

My idea is to have my group traverse the ancient temple, mostly snake, poison, and Indiana Jones style traps. I'm going for a swampy Aztec feel, flying snakes Yuan-Ti Cultists, and a lot of puzzles.
>>
Well, I'm not a big fan of 'fair' puzzles.

Like what idiot would put the answer to a puzzle in the puzzle.

For the yuan-ti having a psychic based puzzle seems appropriate.

Cursed items are good to. A weapon that is actually pretty potent magical weapon, but cannot leave the temple and of course the high priests know the phrase to turn it into a snake.
>>
It might sound fetishy but a Yaun-Ti cultist breeding ball like actual snakes do would be eerie and gross. Make it like a Manson family or Bachnall dealio
>>
File: grid-thumb27.jpg (28 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
grid-thumb27.jpg
28 KB, 600x420
OP here, I'm considering a hatchery with eggs that if the players disturb will cause an alarm to sound. Egg nurses and high ranking female shaman will try to stop further harm. I'm also writing up a few blood based cursed weapons that work with the players hit die.

Hmm, what about ritual daggers of the serpent that Grant a +2 bonus that are cursed? Maybe having the side effect of poisoning or wounding the player? Idk. Sounds fun tho.
>>
>>46492595
Something that'll charm/hypnotize anybody who stares at it too long, to play on snake charming. Maybe a feature on a locked doorway that'll be right in their face as they try to open it.
>>
Google "Sen's Fortress". Use that.
>>
>>46494153
Like a cobra idol with gem eyes or am I being too cliche?

Charm that makes the player have Stockholm syndrome for the snakes?
>>
Spitting cobra statues that spray a poison cloud that blinds and pressure plates around that trigger alarms?
>>
File: hydra_by_corndoggy-d4x9frd.jpg (147 KB, 900x1080) Image search: [Google]
hydra_by_corndoggy-d4x9frd.jpg
147 KB, 900x1080
>>46494686
I'm thinking heat sensitivity activated pressure plates, secret passageways that only a snake like creature would be able to find/traverse through effectively. Other paths will be laid out for intruders will multiple traps.

Oh, and a snake hydra minions like pic related.
>>
OP again.

I'm drunk so bare with me. First couple of rooms and passages are set, got acid pools, snake idols and playing snakes to chase the players into the first gr8 hall. Blood alter with fresh sacrifice, spring first surprise attack, Yuan-Ti with Halbreds attack and players hear hissing of others hidden through as if watching...

Soon I'm thinking poison darts, puzzle with spiked walls/pit falls and Yuan-Ti firing arrows behind raised walls protecting a hatchery or something. Idk. I'm rolling with it.
>>
>>46495073
A lot of snakes are good swimmers, so maybe go with rooms that can fill with water.

Also, illusions and mind-effecting traps. A make them subtle, rather than suddenly seeing your squad mates as undead. Pass notes to the affected players that they perceive one of the other players as being 'wrong', with some slightly eschew features. Slowly build up paranoia and distrust.
>>
I got to say, I love the Yuanti Anathema, if only because I love the word Anathema.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.