[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modern Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Ogroman.png (763 KB, 797x1000) Image search: [Google]
Ogroman.png
763 KB, 797x1000
So how would you make use of tactical War Giants?
>>
>>46490683
Drop them in the middle of civilian populations and let them cause havok. They become less useful the more artillary/explosives can be used.
>>
>>46490683

Considering the game the pic is from, I'd do a combo of that and pic related with prosthetic limbs for normally vehicle mounted weapons.

I'm imagining one Giant that has a cannon built onto it's back and another that carries the ammo and fires using the first as a mobile gun of sorts.
>>
>>46490683
City-killers.

Arm them with powerful weapons, give them high-powered and comprehensive armor systems, and then turn them loose in urban environments. The types of weapons that easily target them are difficult to bring to bear effectively in an urban environment without causing massive collateral damage to your own population and city infrastructure, which ideally you're trying to preserve.

Alternatively, artillery carriers who don't need fuel. Fuel supply being freed up goes a long way to making a platform more mobile.
>>
>>46490683
How big are they?
Like, can we use them inside buildings with 12 foot ceilings?
In crowded alleyways?
Or are they too fuckhueg to be used in anything except open battlefields?
>>
>>46492206

Based on the ones in the game, about as big as a two story building so upwards of 20 feet tall and about as wide as a Big rig. Should more than easily be able to fit through most alley ways and streets of a typical city.
>>
>>46490683
what is that from?
>>
>>46495768

Resident Evil 6

It's a B.O.W made using the C virus.
>>
>>46490705

Why not arm them with said artillery? No, why stop there: have them man giant-sized tanks!
>>
>>46495990
They can't read firing tables.
>>
>>46490683

I can't think of any role they could plausibly play in modern warfare.

I mean, nobody uses Tactical War Elephants...

>>46492173

That's basically the opposite of how war works nowadays. You try to limit collateral damage and avoid doing things which will galvanize the civilian population into a vast guerrilla army working against you.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.