[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: Prosecutor.jpg (605 KB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Prosecutor.jpg
605 KB, 1536x2000
>resources
pastebin.com/jfL9Bbrj

Plastic Slann edition

>False rumors about "all" the GDs being finished are oddly persistent.

>While the LoC was finished only recently (and is not in this box), the design team did start off this larger project with some smaller AoS Beastmen minions (technically Birdmen, I suppose) of Tzeentch. Watch out for those.

via Sad Panda@Dakka

Praise the birdmen!
>>
>While the LoC was finished only recently (and is not in this box), the design team did start off this larger project with some smaller AoS Beastmen minions (technically Birdmen, I suppose) of Tzeentch. Watch out for those.

Din't knew about this.
It kinda makes my dick hard if it would ever be true.
Boxed game when? I cant fucking wait anyway.
>>
I just preordered godbeast.
How fucked up am I tg?
i never bought an aos book-i looked trough them and i found while visually appealing really lacking content.
but i do enjoyed every battleplan and time of war GW released and also some art and godbeast sounded pretty cool.
Did i fucked up?
>>
>>46490864
Just a little. I mad e similar mistake once and preordered end times archaon. Then i learned that if i had waited 5 days i could have just pulled it off the links.
>>
It's that time again guys. Time for you to talk about and discuss Your Dudes.
New armies, conversions, greenstuff modelling, all that good stuff. And the usual questions:
>How have you incorporated your WHFB armies into AOS?
>Have you made any new armies or acquired any new models?
>Made any conversions?
>Have you written a background or story for your guys?
>>
>>46490652
How have you guys reacted to the balancing system talked about in the latest GW blogpost?

>You can have up to 30 models only (Plus an allowance for models that can be summoned, for the armies that can do that)
>Players add up their force's total Wounds (Which is their Martial Strength), and the side with the lowest Martial Strength gets extra victory conditions that can be used to help them score points.

How well do you guys think this will work for their organized events? I honestly think that it could be fun but this seems easy to break as a guideline.
>>
>>46490984
>>Have you written a background or story for your guys?

reposting from on earlier thread, they aren't really "my guys" as i don't have the models yet. but they do exist in my head canon as an order faction, and id love to model this someday or perhaps even get some help to create a free online battle tome that other players can use.

>My dudes are The Krakenspire knights, Beast riders from the realm of Ghur. They Live in the Krakens maw, a vast pinnacle forest teaming with Gargants, Ogres and monsters beyond count. The humans survive by building their cities on the tops of the krakenspires (another name for the pinnacles) like Middenheim. Because travel between the pinnacles is difficult, they have taken to taming the great flying beasts like Pegasi, Griffons, Hippogriffs, Manticore, Chimera and even dragon. Their armies are relatively small, usually just a handful of knights bearing full plate armor and enchanted weapons, riding majestically on their flying beasts. While few in number, each knight is as effective as a small army in his own right, the martial discipline of knight combing with the raw bestial fury of his steed. The Krakenspire Knights are always out to seek glory, and will fight as mercenaries for other races as long as their cause is honorable. While the Krakenspire knights can be found fighting in all 8 realms, their peasants are confined to a life on their home spire. Most will never leave their home city, but they see no problem with this. Such is the way of Ghur. The Strong protect the weak, and the weak serve the strong. Thus, the peasants dutifully mine the spires for precious metals, Farm, and craft weapons and armor for their lords without question. All of Krakenspire culture is geared towards the glory of its knights.
>>
>>46491317

They’re like beast riding bretonnia in a way, so most of their infantry are just trained peasants who wield bow, spear, axe and net. But since this is Ghur, even the commoners are hard mofos and every citizen knows how to fight. If a tribe of spider goblins or ogres invades while most of the Knights are away, The citizens leave their shops and forges and take up weapons carefully maintained in their families for generations. There are household soldiers known collectively as the Spireguard, brave spearman, archers and halbediers who hold the line against invaders so that their lords may take out the enemy monsters and commanders. The Knights never March them out on campaign though, so any time you see spireguard and Knights fighting together it is in home defense. It is against their code to use peasants to attack an enemy that isn't directly threatening their home. The main ground forces they use are the demigryph Knights, though in some tribes these are supplemented or replaced by cold one riders, giant wolves, mournfang or stranger mounts. These are used when vast hordes gather at the feet of the spires with the intent of invasion, or to clear the surrounding forests of dangerous enemies in places inaccessible to flying mounts. Demigryphs are "tamed" though only the nobles (those with the mark of Ghur) have a will strong enough to bond with them.

younger Knights who haven't yet claimed a mount are able to ride Demigryphs s,and they are also able to ride Pegasus, but they must set out and capture a great beast to be considered a true Knight of the Krakenspires. Hundreds set out on their Pegasus or demigryph mounts, but only the strongest can match their will to the power of one of the great sky beasts
>>
>>46491317
>>46491489
I remember this, it's some pretty solid and cool sounding stuff anon. It would be one hell of an army to bring to life.
>>
>>46490954
Eh, I like to have the phisical stuff. Also i played so much on pirated battleplans that i tought they deserved my money this time. Also some of the new art looks pretty cool. they had me at "ridicously giant divine beasts", its the kind of weaboo shit that hits my sweet spot.
>>46491160
It was the same at the latest throne of skull months ago, its pretty balanced, does not forces you to count points or anything and it balances the game in an easy way. great format for tournaments.
>>
File: 1459436979971.png (587 KB, 422x616) Image search: [Google]
1459436979971.png
587 KB, 422x616
>>46490984
Serabro here.
I finally got my kroak and am assembling him. I have the idea that Kroak is making a backup realm, by tapping into and stealing a bit from everywhere he fights, so the Seraphon/Lizardmen have a place to live and thrive. In doing so, he is also getting closer, bit by bit, to be able to ascend into something higher up in the universal ladder of power.
>>
>>46492032
TTGL Kroak vs. Anti Spiral Chaos Gods when?
>>
>>46492149
TTGL?
>>46492032
also, to clarify, I mean that he is tapping into the magic of whatever realms they fight in. Doing this, he gathers power and either takes, assimilates, or replicates for his own purposes. The more I think about the backup realm, the more is sounds like what happened in End Times, where that one character tried to keep her other world a secret which Be'lakor found out about and told the Chaos Gods.
So that may be subject to change and I am open to all constructive criticism and ideas here.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 864x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 864x480
>>46492287
Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann. The final fight takes place on the scale of the universe and eventually bigger than that. It's fucking amazing.
>>
>>46492287
You mean Lileath? Yeah I hope that that's not completely gone, or the Aelves remember it in some way.
>>
>>46492377
>>46492403
I see.
And yes, I think that was the name. I hope so also.
>>
So guys, I think its time we be productive here. What say we make our own spot in a realm(s)? and maybe have our armies right now, reflect "our dudes" strength in this spot(s)? Can anyone else dig it? Lets forge a /tg/ narrative here!
>>
>>46492571
Well we need somewhere any faction could be. I also wouldn't want to specify one realm too much. What about some place that takes place in between the realms, that could be a good compromise.
>>
>>46491160
Source?
>>
>>46492672
Yeah, I agree. We'd need a spot that any one faction wouldnt have home advantage. What did you have in mind? Was it ever explained what the Allpoint was? A buncha portals? Thats how I saw it. I know a anon in a earlier thread mentioned that maybe the realms have a connecting point?
>>
>>46492756
Asides from the realmgates I mean.
>>
>>46492377
Somebody photoshop kroaks mask instead of the sunglasses and turn his arms into bandages
>>
>>46492571
Yes lets, I've been hoping that someone would try to start a /tg/ narrative. A lot of people have already posted their dudes and I'm sure we could come up with a bitching section in any realm(s).
>>46492672
Like a place where two or more realms collide or a place where it's been fused or twisted? Could we use the idea of Realmgates, like there being a lot or is the fusion of realms due to Gates being messed with?
>>
>>46492756
I wouldn't use the Allpoints. It's too important to the main storyline that whatever we set up may be made null and void. What about some space in between the realms? Like what if Mordheim survived and is floating in the space between the realms and stuff from around the Mortal Realms has sort of crashed into it and been added to it, like an interdimensional Space Hulk.
>>
>>46492822
Oh k the ball is rolling here.
I feel like maybe anything realmgates would be tricky, since the whole point is that they allow access from one realm to another, so anything along the lines of realms merging makes realmgates moot.
>>46492881
I like that, so how would our dudes be diverse, yet have a strong spot in this Forged Nar-Huulk? Also, given that Mordheim isnt a giant pile of dust at this point, how would it play a part in this area?( If you meant Mordheim specifically or something like it.)
>>
>>46492822
That could work, like where some realmgates exploded and a part of whatever realm they led to seeped in.
>>46492881
This is also a good idea. Mordheim could be neat, maybe the large amount of warpstone could explain why it survived and why it's between the realms. It could be tie into hoe the Skaven can burrow in between the realms. Maybe there are warpstone infected realmgates that lead to Mordheim, which could explain how different factions get there.
>>
Here's some rules for AoS Mordheim. They could use some work and aren't super related but they are kind of neat. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2wtslxi5wm65li8/AAB6kZliBHc-OiuzxsAyoc3sa?dl=0
>>
>>46492969
>warpstone could explain why it survived and why it's between the realms.
Should we include Sigmarite as well? That would give the forces of Azyr, especially the Stormcast, a big reason to risk a hell-hole that this new Mordheim might of become. I imagine that it could have been altered in some ways now due to the many realms and chaos taint.
>>
>>46492672
Skaven gnawhole tunnel.. This way we can have bits of each realm without too much detail
>>
>>46492957
Maybe AoS-heim has some really valuable stuff in it. Like warpstone, magical scrolls from the Old World, monsters to be captured or defeated. Then each faction would have a reason to go there. Maybe the Ghur griffon rider empire wants to get some big monster from there, and have led an expedition in to it. The Pestilents could think that one of the Libers is located in Mordheim, really most Skaven are pretty easy to justify, with all the warpstone.
>>
>>46493082
I imagine that there would be some Sigmarite there. Isn't Sigmarite just the core of the Old World? It would make sense for some pieces of that to be located around Mordheim.
>>46493139
I guess it could take place in the same space that Gnaw-holes exist.
>>
>>46493146
Well, it isnt just Mordheim right? Anon said your normal space stuff would have added onto it. How big are we wanting this? I'd like for it to have a bit of mystery. Maybe something has been adding to the clump and fashioning it as expansions to the city/lands.
>>
>>46493182
>Sigmarite just the core of the Old World?
I believe so, but it's also what the Stormcast use primarily to forge their Armor and weapons. Since Stormcast have to stay in the Mortal Realms for a time since they can't return to Azyr without a realmgate, I'd imagine that they would need resources to repair their stuff.
>>
>>46493199
Yeah, so other valuable stuff could be a part of it. There's a lot you could do, like maybe part of a Slann space temple got caught in the Mordhulk and now the Seraphon want to get it back.
>>46493270
So it would make sense that Sigmar would want to capture the city. It could work as a mining facility for more Sigmarite.
>>
>>46493600
>It could work as a mining facility for more Sigmarite.
And if it borders multiple realms it could be used as a staging point and base for the many Stormcast Stormhost. Damn we're onto something here. It could even be more valuable with a functioning Realmgate to connect directly to Azyr alone.
>>
>>46493675
>connect directly to Azyr
Seems like it could work. It might be cool if it floated over there while the gates were closed. And now they're reopened, a lot more people are trying to raid the Mordhulk.
>>
>>46493726
>>46493675
>>46493600
Im sold for the Slann temple.
Kroak wants to restore his body. BOOM. Now, I havent done much with this kinda stuff, should we name this place first? or build it first?
>>
>>46493889
Well, we should set up key components and other stuff like that first. Then we can start flinging ideas to fill it up after. A name should arise from that. So first question, should it be the real Mordheim, or some other city from the Old World that has a shit ton of warpstone? What other key locations are there? What would Dark Aelves for example want with the place? We should set up a reason for each faction to try and claim it, we already got Skaven, Stormcast, and Seraphon done. Fyreslayers may want to travel to a place that Grimnir walked many eons ago, and maybe see if there's anything left of him there.
>>
>>46493889
>I havent done much with this kinda stuff, should we name this place first?
Sould we still call it something related to Mordheim or make up our own place?
>or build it first?
So how would it be structured it it's a combination of the realms? Are their sections of the city(?) dedicated to a certain realm or is it more like scattered areas, like one minute your walking through a Ghyran paradise and the next you stuck in a Shyish bone pit.
>>
>>46493992
Hm, Maybe a chunk of original World That Was, but like above, as space stuff is added, it is being formed into new sections(this could be done by both the factions and as a passive occurence.) Fyreslayers may be there as part of an original job they had taken up, but somehow take an oath which results in their permanent position? Dark Elves I can see maybe trying to capture creatures that are byproducts of the space void/warpstone this rock is floating in. The other Dark Elf factions, such as daughters of khaine may be there to have a place to practice in total secrecy and project their rituals onto their opponents and any slaves they use to further their cults power.
>>
File: 5092652-1483715982-lord_.jpg (1 MB, 1504x1024) Image search: [Google]
5092652-1483715982-lord_.jpg
1 MB, 1504x1024
>>46493994
I like the idea that it would have likeness of the other realms in it, but in pic related, it shows no realm, just SPAAAACE. So maybe thats whats going on with our thing, floating in space, but still somehow connected to the realms. Maybe, as each realm sort of waxes and wanes with the flow of battle and power, so too does our space rock. It would gain more of a particular realms likeness if that realm has something extra going on in it? Or maybe, depending on the fights going on atop the space rock city, it would drift more towards a certain realm. For example, maybe some Sylvaneth are trying to seed it to become a giant fortress which, when put onto their Realm of Life, would give them a mighty stronghold of which to defend and attack from.
>>
>>46494245
Thats also a good reason for the Tree-folk to be there. And to tweak the Seraphon reason, maybe whichever Slann is there(Kroak for President), wish to tweak the temples to make resurrection of Slann's possible, as they are few against many. Free peoples can be aux forces to the Stormcast, or vice versa. The duradin could maybe want it to turn into a big ass Karak?
>>
>>46494315
>The duradin could maybe want it to turn into a big ass Karak?
That would be cool but that might be dependent on whether or not the Duradin have a fear of the concept of 'floating in the sky/space' rather then reside solid stable ground. Though that might not even be the case. If it is then this might be the chance for special character building by having a "Mad" Duradin Lord hire other (Players) Duradin to capture the city for him, or just for themselves.
>>
>>46494416
Well, what if duradin now, cant NOT dig and do what they naturally do, but have adapted caution. Stories being passed down the countless generations of how their people were brought low, from below. So...what if they anchor it? And somehow get steady materials to process from the constant space stuff?
>>
>>46494455
Ah, narrative and story reasoning, I like it anon. Alright I can see that working somehow and it gives a bases to work with for any thing to add and future ideas. Nice job.
>>
>>46494543
This is fun! Again, I havent done much of these kind of things, but I like the problem solving that comes with this. So whats next? I guess the other anons fell asleep for something. Hopefully we can get some headway before the hate posters roll up.
>>
So we've got
>Stormcast: Want to set up a Sigmarite refueling station
>Scourge Reavers: Kill and capture big creatures, warped from existing between realms
>Fyreslayers: Caught in an oath to protect the city
>Dispossesed Duardin: Crazed lord is trying to establish a hold by chaining the city to something, maybe bring it through a realmgate to whatever realm they're from
>Sylvaneth: Expand forest fortress out into the city between worlds Wanderers would also work here
>Skaven: Pestilents think there's a liber there, others want warpstone
>Seraphon: Want to reclaim lost city temple which may help in bringing back more Slann
>Daughters of Khaine: Want to find any trace of Khaine left behind
>Most of Chaos: Just want to pillage and shit
>Destruction: See Chaos
That leaves Tzeentch and Nagash
>>
>>46494611
>I guess the other anons fell asleep for something
Crap your right and the bad news is that I have to head to bed as well.
I won't leave off without one last say, what we need to figure out is how this city came to be and why it's here in the mortal realms along with what's in it to attract all the various factions.
Sorry I gotta leave you hanging anon, but hopefully some more anons come by and pick this up. Good luck with any other ideas you have.
>>
>>46494713
I think you're doing this backwards. The way these things come about is that each anon adds whatever faction they made and the fluff for them. That is then added to the overall setting and may be modified by any ideas the thread contributes. Although broad explanations for why a certain group may be there could help people coming up with ideas.
>>
>>46494713
>That leaves Tzeentch and Nagash
Magic tomes seem likely, but for Nagash spacificlly maybe one of his original artifacts might be in the city. Like one of his black books or even his crown.
>>
>>46494713
Well, Tzeentch would be hard to explain, sicn ethe bastard is always scheming.
First thing that comes to mind is maybe a city sized nuke of magical fuckery?
Nagash...uh....soulbank?
>>46494732
Goodnight anon. Dream of victories and conquest unending.
>>46494772
Yeah, but a start is a start. Do you have any ideas? What army do you have? Anything is welcome!
>>46494781
Didnt Nagash get all those? I know he has the books because they are chained to him. I dont think the crown would affect anything now that Nagahs is godly.
>>
>>46494732
Night
>>46494772
A tome from Nagash's original Black Pyramid would make sense.
I'll be back in the morning, the thread should still be up by then.
>>
>>46494713
>knights of Krakenspire: Drawn there by the promise of battle against such a variety of foes

there aren't many places where you can find Giants, chaos lords, vermin lords, undead abominations, greater daemons, ogre tyrants, zombie dragons and animated statue warriors conveniently in one city. The knights Chimera, a unit of 8 Ghurland chimera riders, have come to the city to reap their share of trophies from the assembled armies.
>>
>>46495017
Sweet, nice to have you aboard.
Does your Knight Order have a war cry?
>>
Anyway, I'm off to bed. Lets not lose heart with this. It'd be a shame for the motivation to die for whatever reason.
>>
>>46491317
>>46491489
9/10 would field my skaven against this.
>>
>>46490984
>no
>no
>no
>no

I'm waiting to hear how the fluff for Dark Elves has changed, and since I hear the Battletome for order is out now (and they are Order) I'm hoping someone can clue me in.

I read something about the rank and file (spears and crossbows) being subservient to the sorceresses, and possibly mind controlled, is that true?
If so where does that leave the lords, are there no longer nobles vying for power and leading their citizen-soldiers and knights on raids to capture slaves?
Do they even have slaves these days?
The way the sub faction that is all about the cold ones and dragons is set up, are those knights suppose to ALL belong to that sub faction* and are these sub factions insular or is it in an in name only kind of thing?

(*I get that AoS is supposed to be super duper easy to mix and match parts of your army and make up your own fluff, but I'm interested in what the established cannon so far paints them as, do they ride with their own kind following dragon lords and hydra's into battle or does ever elf raider and his mum have a small contingent of them on loan or something?)
Also is there anything more to elves being a force of Order than them being anti chaos and the 'lawful evil' types?
Are they and the High elves totally over their differences or something?
>>
>>46496398
>where does that leave the lords, are there no longer nobles vying for power and leading their citizen-soldiers and knights on raids to capture slaves?

The Serpentes Republic is a bustling, confusing place to many outsiders. Every individual, family, business and city-state seems to have their own agenda and plans which they pursue in direct opposition to the schemes of every other individual, family, business and city-state. The land itself is also varied, containing the empty and barren tundra of the Umbral Gloomplains of Ulgu and the booming, cosmopolitan trading ports of the Realmgate Convergences of Hysh
The independent city-states are each ruled by a House, usually a council of the most powerful factions in town. In other cases it is a democratically elected body, a collection of hereditary nobles or other arrangement. The most powerful Houses (called Great Houses) have influence, if not complete control, over a wide area.

The noble Aelf houses meet for political negotiations wearing very little. This has to do with an old tradition of showing that you have no concealed weapons on your person. When the houses established diplomatic relations with the other races, this led to the Sigmarites promulgating the belief among humans that the influence of Slaanesh was at play. Only top Shadow Aelf diplomats ever dress in this fashion however, and they only do so in important meetings.
>>
>>46496472
You totally lost me, is that actual GW fluff?
>>
What do you think Sigmarines look like beneath their helmets? Do you think we'll ever see the face of one?

Kinda hoping we will, and that they won't simply be whispy spirits, or plain flesh-and-blood either.
>>
>>46496561
it's from the book, pages 23-25
>>
>>46496609
In that case I think I am going to REALLY need some clarification...
What is the Serpentes Republic, is it a Dark Elf civilization, and if so is it THE dark elf civilization or just one of a potentially infinate number? Is it in the Shadow realm?
>The independent city-states are each ruled by a House, usually a council of the most powerful factions in town
This I don't understand, does the noble house rule, or a council of influential citizens?
>>
File: bweee.jpg (13 KB, 216x104) Image search: [Google]
bweee.jpg
13 KB, 216x104
lol
https://www.generosity.com/fundraising/help-me-rescue-a-necrosphinx/x/13749316
>>
Ironbreakers with 2handed weapon?

Can anyone take a pic of Darkling Coven battalion?
>>
>>46496589
They take their helmets off sometimes in the novels, they are flesh and blood. One of them had dreadlocks.
>>
>>46497562

Those are Longbeards.
>>
>>46497624
I imagine they look like Space Marines just without all the tubes and bionics. Basically Aryan Ubermenschen.
>>
>>46497981
The guy with the dreadlocks was brown.
>>
>>46497981
First story told us they looked just like a bigger human. At least Vandus.
>>
>>46497981
they all look human, like they looked before the reforging. But bigger I guess.
>>
>>46498215
I thought that non-humans could become Stormcast, too?
>>
>>46498215

Going by the armour, they look like big, blocky world of warcraft proportioned humans. Like a giant dwarf, or the hulk.

Basically, it's not been thought out at all. Poseability and customisation wasn't a concern, and the idea they might not all be big buff dudes is a complete afterthought at best.
>>
>>46490984
>have you incorporated your whfb armies into aos?
I tried to play my chaos warriors, but turns out loads of warriors is just kind of boring to play. I might give it a look again but desu Id want to repaint and rebase all of them before I did anything and theres already a lot in my pile.

>New armies or new models?
I started lizardmen just before the seraphon book came out. Ive always hated the way they played in whfb, but with the looser style of aos I can basically take whatever models I feel are coolest and play them the way I want. No more slann surrounded by blocks of saurus.

>Conversions?
A few, mostly to make them kpre dynamoc now that they dont have to rank up. I have some more involved conversions in mind for my slann, as I want to use some kind of old god machine on the palequin rather than the fat frog. Something like the old arcanodon.

>Backstory
Not a backstory as such, but Im running off old lizardmen fluff, just after they escaped the end times on their space ships. Theyre not memories or daemons or whatever, theyve just harmessed more old god tech that lets them teleport in etc.

Overall Im happy with the way aos has let me build this army.
>>
>>46498331
Kpre dynamoc will be my next dnd character but that should be more dynamic. Clearly my fingers are retarded.
>>
>>46498240
Im pretty sure he meant that humans still look human.
>>46494713
>>46495017
Serabro back.
Oh k anons let get back into it, we have most of our factions with decent enough reason to be in our space rock city. We still need a name for it and we need to work on its aesthetic and position in relevance to the mortal realms I think.
>>
File: Paladin.gif (1 KB, 46x38) Image search: [Google]
Paladin.gif
1 KB, 46x38
>>46496589

I still think its a huge mistake on the part of GW not to have models of them without their helmets on. Even their forebears the Space Marines had bare heads amongst the very first models released during RT.
>>
>>46498445

Hey, at least it's being honest that they're just more one-dimensional space marines.
>>
>>46498485
This is how gaming is supposed to be,
The dice, they roll so perfectly,
Sigmarines up in here are goin' HAM,
Dayum, dayum, daaayum!
>>
File: aos-warscroll-hexwraiths-en.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
aos-warscroll-hexwraiths-en.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Good painters out there, please enlighten me, how did GW get these glowing effects? What colors did they use?

I'm seeing a green base highlighted up to white, but the glow... how did they do that?

And am I imagining it or is there a green wash on the blue skeletons?
>>
>>46498671
Have you watched Duncan's Nagash tutorial?
https://youtu.be/liKyefOTvlQ
>>
>>46498671
they used the wash technique that you see in the duncan rhodes "how to paint nagash" video.

It involves thinning layer paints with lahmbian medium and then going over it about 5 tiimes to blend colors together.
>>
So we're up to what, twelve Sigmarine kits not counting the starter box?

Regular dudes,
Paladins,
Assault marines,
Bows-in-fullplate/Boltstormers,
Baby Dragon Riders,
Dragon Rider,
Chapter Master,
Captain with baby griffon,
Chaplain,
Dual Kit Jump Pack character,
Man using trumpet as telescope,
Man with trumpet released in non-telescope pose as belated attempt to halt mockery,
£50 clampack character on scenic base pretending to be a centrepiece model.

Hmm, 13 then.
>>
So in Grand Alliance: Order, Sylvaneth Treelord Ancients now have the "Hero" keyword. They haven't had it in any of the previous warscrolls (for some reason).

I can't think of much it would change, since most attacks I am aware of that have bonus effects against Heroes also effect monsters, but I far from know them all.
>>
>>46496659
It's one of the main organizations that Dark Elves have been split up in to. The others are Daughters of Khaine, Scourge Privateers, and Shadowblades.
>>
>>46498801
at my store when they do AoS tournaments, they assign more points to models with keywords like "monster" and "hero" so on a local scale it would change that a little bit. It might come into play down the road with new models.

I think my Lord Kroak and 2 boxes of chameleon skinks got in today. I think im going to swing by and pick them up tomorrow after work.
>>
>>46498733
>>46498771
Thanks. I never would have thought to look for that.
>>
>>46498885
I watch pretty much every duncan rhodes video even if i dont have the model he is painting. I always learn something cool or new or better way to do it.
>>
>>46490984
My dudes are still the Ghoul King 'mad duke out for blood' Vorash and his brother, the equally-mad-but-more-terrifying Varghulf Arash. Released from their sealed-in-tomb-while-alive status by necrobro who is now too terrified to protest, they rallied the local ghoul tribes inhabiting the once-rich Duchy, striking out against the Orcs that struck it down centuries ago, and anyone generally in their path.
Vorash is the master, quite sound tactically, despite being mad and transformed into a blood-hungry monster. The necro is the grovelling summoner type, knowing well that if he stops being useful, he's probably Arash's next meal. Arash is basically the terror of the battlefield and boss enforces, consuming those who oppose his brother.
I'll be adding a WK with banner for delicious 6+ ward save too, maybe the captain of Vorash's ducal bodyguard? Royal Vexillary? And a Terrorgheist (giant skeleton from the mouldy treasure halls of the Crumbling Citadel.) Maybe I can bring in a force of skeletons in the same way, Black Knights and GG for elite guards? Banshee, wraith and hexwraiths summoned by necro as avenging ducal soldiers? Maybe paint up some bret men-at arms on a base as spirit host?
>>
>>46498377
What if our "space rock city" sort of orbited the realms? Maybe every so often it will enter a realm, touch down, then take off to the void or next realm?
>>46498933
That sounds amazing. Would you like to join in on this?
>>46494713
>>46495017
>>46492571
>>
File: image.jpg (571 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
571 KB, 1920x1080
>>46498933
Also, Pic of GK and a minion.
>>
>>46498240
No.
>>
>>46498933
>>46499012
That looks good.
But with what you said, I think ghouls and BK could be your armies hard hitting backbone with elite units. Then have the skeletons/spirits/ etc of Duchy as the majority?
>>
>>46498733
Sweeet! That totally answered my questions. Thanks!
>>
File: saintDuncan.jpg (214 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
saintDuncan.jpg
214 KB, 1000x664
>>46499098
>>46498885

Don't thank me, anons.
>>
>>46499007
Dunno why they would be there though? I can see them doing it for more blood, hmm, maybe a relative of his dickass cousin (who locked him in the tomb) would flee there, realizing who was free again, or maybe some old ducal heirlooms was carried off, prompting a search ( TK style). Ghouls would probably occupy an old fort or fortified bridge (if like mordheim it has a river) to have a central position with a good overview to strike from. Showing that Vorash still has got some tactical acumen. Add a tower or basement dungeon for the Red Hunger (Arash) to roost when not out hunting for poor sods to eat.
>>
>>46498671
White undercoat, apply 1:1 waywatcher green:lahmian medium, then pure waywatcher green in deep recess.
>>
>>46499073
I plan to have the backbone be the numerous ghouls (degenerated citizens of the duchy) and the ghoul formation - maybe crypt horrors are the remains of a troop of ogre mercs?
Necro will be focusing on summoning ghost troops and buffing ghouls with DM. Imagine a troop of 30+ ghouls with 3/3 4 attacks hitting twice and rerolling hits.
>>
>>46499150
Thats sounds perfect, actually. We are going for both "your dudes approach" while also filling in the gaps with whatever is sound enough to build a /tg/ AoS thing. I think the most viable one would be the heirlooms. (Maybe they had power to them, which would benefit your Ghoul King?) And the other reasons can be by products of it all. Those slain, your Necro can add to your army and Arash can still feast and whatnot.
>>
>>46499259
Holy crap thatll be a doozy.
I like how you covered your general bases with your characters.
>>
>>46499314
Funny thing is that they were all part of an unstarted 7th ed VC army, perfect for an AoS ghoul heavy force. And I forgot that the ghoul formation( 3 ghoul units, king and crypt horrors) gives another attack if they are within 15" of the terrain piece (gonna make a charnel pit marker) and a +1 to armor save for the rest of the battle (giving a respectable 4+ or 3+ with mystic shield)if they killed a unit. Which I suspect won't be too hard. Still need some horrors for the formation tho. And my ghouls are 10 each atm, so no extra attack yet for 20+, unless I run my 30 as 1 group, but then I get no formation...
>>
>>46499259
Watch out for units that melt swarms with "1 attack per enemy model" like Kroxigor
>>
>>46498445
Unlike the Space Marines, the Stormcast are actually divine warriors. They represent the ideal that Sigmar represents. Their armour, their facemask, all of it is suppose to show that they are avatars of the greatest man that ever lived (Somewhere Archaon is laughing at this). They are his judgement and salvation made manifest. The Chaos filth will look upon them and won't see victims to be slaughtered but ordered implacable warriors unphased by their horror and evil.

Removing their helmets would detract from that. It will from the reveal their humanity and their weakness.
>>
>>46499496
My local gw has one guy who does lizards, only around 15-16, mostly saurus and skink priests I think. Though I might have persuaded him into buying a bastiladon with tales of laser beams.
>>
>>46499759
Can never go wrong with laser beams.
>>
>>46499759
I fucking love bastiladon laser beams. I killed a chaos sorcerer lord on the first turn because he deployed it in my line of sight.

>9 attacks
>rerolling Hit 1s because of the constellation
>8 wounds
>rend -2

Felt great
>>
>>46494834
>>46494817

Semi-lurking Greenskin newbie (read: git) here.

Whatever happened to Nagash's crown, anyway? Wasn't Azhag the Slaughterer wearing it?
>>
Are there scans of any of the books?
>>
>>46499268
I know! I was wondering about adding one of each morghast type to my army -one for necro bodyguard and death magic buffing, one for summonable hero/warmachine hunter (3d6 charge goodness) they could be a good reason to venture not-mordheim, to gain the allegiance of two might Angels of death.
>>
>>46500056
Yep, but he was killed and the crown locked away in Altdorf.
>>
>>46500056
Some people say yes, other people say he just put on some Chaos-cursed item.
>>46500118
Definately, that would look really good, and you could supplement each with units to make it more solid. Also, can you elaborate of the Angels of Death bit?
>>
>>46500062

Nope, noone is buying them.
>>
>>46499258
Thanks.
>>
>>46500256
Lies.

I bought them. Death and Chaos.

Going order "Order" with Destruction when it comes out.
>>
>>46500327
Are you that guy that cant scan or he will get in trouble? Can you post pics or something?
>>
>>46500213
Well, the description blurb of the harbingers called them once-angelic servants of benevolent death gods, bound to the will of Nagash.
>>
>>46500438
Ah I see. I didnt know that.
>>
>>46500256
I bought every AoS book released but I'm not gonna share them with whiny poorfags that don't even play the game.
>>
>>46500355
>Are you that guy that cant scan or he will get in trouble?

No.

>Can you post pics or something?

Later.

At work atm.
>>
>>46500537
>At work
>On /tg/
God bless you.
>>46500500
Cmon anon, if you truly did, you would know how we need it. I play by the way, if that means anything to you.
>>
>>46500327
Apperantly the death book has sold really fucking well in our local. Its €13, so people just buy it because its barely more expensive than WH visions.
>>
>>46500620
>if you truly did, you would know how we need it

Other than the pretty pictures and the little fluff in the books, there isn't anything you couldn't find on the AoS app.
>>
>>46497562
Not bad, depending of the price I would consider to buy them, let's hope GW goes more into this direction than the pantless dorfs...
>>
>>46500899
>not enjoying painting dozen of dwarf butts

>why even live anymore?
>>
>>46501124
>Fyreslayers
>Not having golden runes embedded in their ass cheeks.
What? Perfectly good spot for them
>>
Tidbits from fb, seem that only 3 godbeasts innthw next realmgates war book.
>>
>>46502029
>ARGENTINE

>The Silver Wyrm of Anvrok, Argentine was the first of the zodiacal godbeasts to be claimed by Archaon, who twisted the mighty creature into an insane slave of Tzeentch, vomiting forth tides of Daemons across the firmament.

>IGNAX

>The Solar Drake Ignax was bound to the Crescent Isle by chains forged by the duardin smith-god Grungni in times long forgotten, for reasons none can truly understand. To even ascend to the land bound to Ignax’s back requires magic beyond even the Everchosen’s Gaunt Summoners. Is there another way?

>BEHEMAT

>The World Titan, spawn of the infamous Ymnog, is slumbering beneath the Scabrous Sprawl of Ghyran, reachable only thanks to the enormous drilling engines of the Skaven. To merely awaken such a godbeast is not enough, as even the Everchosen could not beat Behemat into obedience. But the key to controlling the World Titan lies in the Great Green Torc above…

The White Dwarf issue covered that.
>>
>>46502029

>Argentina confirmed for Tzeentch worshippers
>>
>>46502029
Are there any godbeasts that are not dragons?
>>
>>46502114
Behemat.
>>
So we've got
>Stormcast: Want to set up a Sigmarite refueling station
>Scourge Reavers: Kill and capture big creatures, warped from existing between realms
>Fyreslayers: Caught in an oath to protect the city
>Dispossesed Duardin: Crazed lord is trying to establish a hold by chaining the city to something, maybe bring it through a realmgate to whatever realm they're from
>Sylvaneth: Expand forest fortress out into the city between worlds Wanderers would also work here
>Skaven: Pestilents think there's a liber there, others want warpstone
>Seraphon: Want to reclaim lost city temple which may help in bringing back more Slann
>Daughters of Khaine: Want to find any trace of Khaine left behind
>Most of Chaos: Just want to pillage and shit
>Destruction: See Chaos
As for the "your dudes"
I got my Kroak and co.
>>46491317
>>46491489
Then there is the Krakenspire Knights, hunting for glory, conquest, and creatures.
>>46498933
Also the Ghoul King, to reclaim family artefacts of power and to make it good with Angelic deities of death that may be floating around over there, scattered from when Nagash was beaten back.(maybe they feast on the souls and convert the bodies slain for their own purposes, so this could add as another danger factor.)
In terms of aesthetics this anon(s) had some ideas.
>>46494245
>>46499007
>>
>>46502127
>behemat
>a blatant ripoff of Bahamut
>not a dragon
>>
>>46502155
>behemoth
Shits its like you dont even mythlogy
>>
>>46500213
It was revealed to explicitly be the crown of nagash
>>
>>46502155
He's not a dragon, he's a Games Workshop® Age of Sigmar™ GodBeast™, not expressible through any media except recognized Age of Sigmar™ books and figures. Your concept of "dragon" is outmoded.
>>
>>46502155

Sort of a mangled Bahamut/Behemoth/Tiamat really.

So that's 2/3rds dragon right there.
>>
File: image0021.jpg (125 KB, 976x720) Image search: [Google]
image0021.jpg
125 KB, 976x720
>>46490984

Hello people, another Lizardman guy here.
I choose them because I admire dragons, so an army of reptilian beings was the better choice for me, despite the lack of actual dragons.
Thus I decided to add the model and use the rules of the Dread Saurian.

Based on this I came up with a very rough backstory, that probably can be considered non-canon on some points.

Well, I don't think to have created nothing of original, to put it simply mine lizardmen see the dragons like the greatest expression of the reptilian life forms, and how the others are pale imitations of them.
This belief started when a clash between two dragons accidentally destroyed one of their cities when they still lived on the Old World, they were witnesses of their fury and this fact both shocked and impressed them; the memory of those events are visible on the weapons, the armor and icons of the survivors that became bicolored, to remember the two opponents.

Now that the slanns have many interpretation of how to defeat chaos, mine thinks that dragons are a key element to victory, and when they can rely on the help of this creatures they see it as a sign of great fortune.

Another point of background I have made is about an hidden temple with their most important secrets and treasures, which is basically one of their Ship from the battletome that crashed during their arrival on one of the realms.

Maybe I will write something new about them later in this days, I hope I didn't bore you too much with this.

P.s. All this was made before the full release of the fyreslayers, so I don't know how much I wil change it, if I decide to change it, with the new fluff about the Godbeasts and the stormcast.
>>
>Argentine
>Godbeast will expand the realms of chaos
>Totally not after ur-oil
>Lost to the Empire
>>
>>46500500
Actually I came over here from a "It's much better if you read the books!" argument to see if there were scans. I thought I'd give it a fair shake, but you conveniently reinforced my impression of AoS. Thanks!
>>
>>46502479
Nice try. Now keep being salty.
I'm not going to ruin my books binding and spend hours scanning them for some people that just want to bitch about stuff they don't engage in.
>>
File: Sun Dragon.png (834 KB, 799x485) Image search: [Google]
Sun Dragon.png
834 KB, 799x485
2 days until Godbeasts.

Who is hyped here?

ANIIIIIIIME soon, my fellow Varanguard!
>>
Man, this is kinda of disheartening. I get that people dont like AoS for a million different reasons. But to turn upon fellow anons so harshly is just sad.
>>46504555
I am! Trips help hype it up. Since it seems none of us can do much in the way of scanning, if I pick it up, Ill be more than happy to give excerpts.
>>
>>46502479
>Actually I came over here from a "It's much better if you read the books!" argument to see if there were scans.
No you didn't.
> I thought I'd give it a fair shake
Fucking kek. said nobody on /tg/ ever, much less a blatant shitposter.
>Thanks!
See you next thread :^)
>>
>>46504585
The issue is that people are beginning to get fed up with not having scans of the grand alliance books. Which I understand but I also understand other snobs who don't want to ruin their books just so they can give out copies online. I've got the chaos and death books and if anyone wants excerpts I'll be happy to oblige, but I also don't want to tear pages out and scan them to my computer.
>>
I'm hyped for this /tg/ realm! When the Destruction Grand Alliance comes out, my greenskins will happily krump the landscape.

Put it up on 1d4chan when it's a little more fleshed out!
>>
>>46504846
Yeah, hm. Tell you guys what, if I can get the books for a bit cheaper than what its up for on the site, and someone shows me how to scan shit. Ill do it.
>>46504868
We'd really appreciate any helpful feedback/ideas. So if you have a background for your dudes or just a cool representation for your army in the /tg/ setting then by all means share and we can make it work!
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 278x181
>There are many names attributed to the landmass which dwells between the realms. Voidshifter, The City Between Worlds, and The Warptouched Ruins, are all common names associated with the same place. To the few denizens who eek out a meager living here, it is Erraviheim(?). The city exists in the space between the Mortal Realms, ever orbiting them and collecting any fragments from the realms that have fallen into its own gravitational pull. How the city came to be positioned here is wildly speculated, although the large mass of warpstone, found along its surface and in the various cave systems that wind through the floating chunk of land, is thought to have played some part in the landmass's bizarre location. Multiple satellites orbit the city, each also having somehow found its way to inhabit the strange dimension. Among these are an ancient temple ship of the Seraphon, which has seen many Slann attempt to recover artifacts from the spacecraft's interior, Zharrvom, a Duardin hold that had been ripped from its original planetoid during a close encounter with the Realm of Fire, and the Eldritch Root, a giant stump that was pulled from the very ground of the Realm of Life, inadvertently saving the Aelves and Sylvaneth within it from an invasion of Nurgle daemons. Dotted along the surface of Erraviheim are locations that have collided with the island and been integrated with landmass. They have also provided some of the most ancient of texts and items, such as what is believed to be one Nagash's original times of necromancy, found amount the ruins of a piece of the Lord of Death's Black Pyramid, which crashed into Erraviheim after being blown apart by Skaven, while Nagash betrayed Sigmar at the Battle of the Allpoints.
>>
Actually question: Why are people playing this over 9th, Kings of War, or something like Frostgrave or Mordeheim? I'm not trying to shitpost here, I just don't understand. I don't get what AoS supposedly does better than those games.
>>
>>46504954
Those games are quite different.

9th and KoW are mass battle games about square regiments.

Frostgrave and Mordheim are skirmish games about single models.

Age of Sigmar is a small- to mid-sized game about squads with no fixed formation.
>>
>>46504954
They like the rules?
The game is fun?
Their friends do?
Kings of war is shit?
Brand loyalty?
They don't like Mordheim?(Hardly comparable for a start)
Want to use all their models?
'Better' is subjective as fuck?
Enjoy the fluff / game?
I have never heard of Frostgrave
They like stormcast?
They want to play as Skaven, Lizardmen, etc rather than generic 'Underfolk' or whatever?

If you are not trolling and couldn't come up with any of these off the top of your head i don't know what to tell you, Anon.
>>
>>46504924
This particular location has been set as the target of a raiding party from the horrors of the crypt king Vorash. One of the towers extending upward from the slanted piece of black stone has already been claimed by the royal ghoul. The touch of warpstone has also twisted many of the creatures that reside within this land and has given birth to whole new species of fauna, all of which appear to be far larger and more suited to extra dimensional travel than their uncorrupted counterparts. Recently, the Krakenspire Knights have entered Erraviheim to capture these beasts, but have found opposition in the fleet of Scourge Privateers, who have also claimed the warpbeasts as their prey. The chance to claim any powerful piece of history has caused many to attempt to find passage to the Shifting City. This is in and of itself a challenge as normal realmgates cannot grant access to the void between realms. Only realmgates infused with warpstone have been found to grant passage to Erraviheim, although others have found ways to access the city without the use of realmgates, such as the Skaven's gnaw-holes.
That's what I got, so far. I'm not too sure on the name, Erravi means lost in Latin and I figured that using it could be a good combination of AoS's faux Latin language that can be seen in the Stormcast, and the older languages of the Old World.
>>
>>46504555
Trips cannot be denied.
I am, i even pre-ordered it...I haven't bought any Aos books because "muh empty spaces, muh not enough fluff", but giant divine beast touches my sweet spots. Also new art looks cool and since i pirated every other battleplan i feel like giving them some money, since battleplans and times of war are actually good.
>>
>>46504924
>>46505113
Oh my god we have a description.
I weep tears of joy this day.
Also, the name(s) sound good. What is left for us to work on? Maybe a physical representation? Im not much of an artist but I can do my best.
>>
>>46505156
A map may help. I'm not much of an artist but some visual representation of what we're going for may be nice. What about asking the drawfags to help out?
>>
>>46505043
I don't get what there is to like about the rules or what makes them subjectively "better". The arguments I've heard are "it's fun", which, yeah, games generally are, and that there's no points costs so you can take anything, which you can do with any game anyway. Nothing forces you to use a force org chart.
>>
ill post something later tonight after my night class. Im thinking of having the city in the middle, and its expansions mish-mashed around. Ill try to keep in mind the various factions and where they might be. Dont get your hopes up. Expect many stick figures, circles, squiggles, and arrows pointing to different shit.
>>
File: seraphon constellations 3.png (2 MB, 1281x914) Image search: [Google]
seraphon constellations 3.png
2 MB, 1281x914
>>46490984
I'm not planning to play anytime soon, nor to change my army for the new style, but I'm following the fluff due to curiosity and I guess if it is to support and encourage community input I can arrange something to complement my army's fluff:

>lizardmen, not seraphon, lizardmen
>during the end times the flying temple city of kaixhotl did not reach orbit, but instead detached and moved towards the polar gates in an attempt to hack through daemons and hickjack the leftover of old ones' tech to buy time
>time is a keyword here
>thanks to the effort of the quazar starwalkers leading the spearhead and the aid of the thought to have kroaked, his majesty lord ribbit, the lizardmen secured a single passageway of the old ones' broken bridge between dimensions
>from there the city is allowed to interact with the threads of fate: some returned to fight in the the last stands during the end times, others went exploring the period of time between the city's fall into stasis during the great catastrophe and its reawakening a few centuries before the end times, others still adventured in the remote future where the will of chaos is law
>in the age of sigmar the bright temples of kaixhotl are gently orchestrated in the sky, settling on the surfaces of suns or acting as such, forming the alwasy vibrant lines of cold-blooded vengeance known as the middle finger of ug'pah
>unlike the more well-known starstuffed seraphon, the obsidian and jade clad warriors of kaixhotl cannot be perceived as creatures of azyr energy, but instead appear as a different kind of dream, a waking one: soulless ghosts and mere matrices of glyphs and golden lights, speculations abound about the true nature of these lizardmen, perhaps they're not daemons but mere solified holographs of beings living somewhere else projecting themselves and battling trough numerous dimensions simulateously
>>
>>46505518
That's great, anything to get started. Check
>>46504924 and
>>46505113
For inspiration and locations.
>>
File: seraphon vs bloodbound 2 (alt).png (4 MB, 1861x1535) Image search: [Google]
seraphon vs bloodbound 2 (alt).png
4 MB, 1861x1535
>>46505526
>the plan of the slann is to prepare rituals, awaken old tech and rearrange the very lands alike to build a cosmic device that span time and space in a non linearly percepible slann kind of way, in order to fix a crack in the veil of reality linked to the fall of pahuax, twin city of kaixhotl, and xhautec, the first to fall
>with circa 3,33 seconds more of time and hope for the younger races the slann believe the prophecy of ug-pah to follow its course next time around
>>
>>46505526
So "Time is a flat circle" lizard men? Neat, I like the idea of the lizardmen achieving a higher plane of existence and manipulating time itself.
>>
File: dontgetit.png (209 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
dontgetit.png
209 KB, 510x346
>>46505526
>>46505590
>>
I love how in Fantasy, the lizardmen were serious, but silly. Now they are badasses. That one chameleon skink had a weapon called P'too'ee. Damned hilarious.
>>46505526
>>46505590
Sounds solid, hope you come around and play a match or two and se how you like it. You dont have to rebase or change anything about your army.
>>
>>46505635
>trying to talk to a Slann.jpg
>>
>>46505675
SPOILERS
In the Skaven pestilence book they have dialog between the Seraphon and Stormcasts, and at the end the Slann itself speaks.
>>
>>46505767
dang i forgot to blot the words out before posting
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 730x501) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 730x501
>>46504924
Das roight proppa, anon! But how'z da boys gettin' ovah dere? Specially if dey're sum o' dem savage gits?
>>
>>46505767
Slann spoke before in the fluff

"where do babies come from?" was a common question from them apparently
>>
>>46505805
>>46505805
>The city exists in the space between the Mortal Realms, ever orbiting them and collecting any fragments from the realms that have fallen into its own gravitational pull.
I guess a tribe or something was on a piece of land that was taken into it.
>>
Every single ebay posting of a Grand Alliance book or Battletome I am coming across either had stupid ridiculous shipping, or has free shipping but wont arrive until weeks from now.
>>
File: PLAN.png (42 KB, 1510x452) Image search: [Google]
PLAN.png
42 KB, 1510x452
>>46505635
clearer?
>>
File: IMG_0065.jpg (197 KB, 732x568) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0065.jpg
197 KB, 732x568
Got to work some more on the Irongut auxilia for my stormcast. Standard bearer and ...musician, I guess? Not entirely sure, to be honest. Maybe he'd be better suited as the unit champion; I just thought an ogre with one of those lanterns might look neat.
Obviously those still need some work, removing grates, greenstuffing some leather on the hilts, that sort of thing.
>>
>>46497562
MORE SCANS OF DISPOSESSED PLEASE.
>>
File: monolith.png (413 KB, 956x590) Image search: [Google]
monolith.png
413 KB, 956x590
>>46494245
So like the monolithic thing on shields?
>>
>>46506513
Nice work!
>>
>>46494416
Why not a daemonsmith .. Instead of duradin
>>
>>46494781
Hes jealous of sigmar alliance with the slann.. Maybe sabotaging the temple
>>
File: 1457391905412.gif (67 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1457391905412.gif
67 KB, 230x230
>>46497562
>decent models actually being produced for AoS
>>
>>46506903
those models are relatively old, m8
>>
>>46506903
aren't those WHF models?
>>
>>46504954
Its fun and less of a chore to play

After playing AOS all other games just feel tedious
>>
>>46507170

Hah yes, those tedious "rules" which mind numbingly "simulate" anything more complicated than an awkward rugby scrum.
>>
I see, everybody bought the AoS books just noone scanned it :DDD
>>
>>46507222
Its more like the 50 pages of rules about wheeling and picking targets and another 100 pages of casting spells.

Did you actually come here to discuss something or are you just going to be a contrarian faggot and shitpost in reply to everything?
>>
>>46494713
>Wanderers
They intended on placing their Waystones around the city, but they they need to clear it out first.
>>
>>46507315

Yeah, 8th ed magic and 6th/7th ed 40k Psychic powers are a crappy sack of bullshit. I prefer them to "Here are the two flavourless magics every wizard knows", but it's reasonable to cut them for something simpler.

If you want simplified regiment movement rules try KoW, AoS doesn't even bother.
>>
>>46506688
I stopped watching that after Tahiti.
>>46506818
That could work anon, though what would the duradin do here?
>>46507445
Oh definitely. That could work! Do you play wood elves?
>>
Also, keep in mind we aren't trying to shoehorn in every single race to be there, we are just creating reasons for them to be there.
>>
>>46509047
So we got Kroak's Seraphon, Krakenspire knights, and Varash's ghouls. Anyone else got a group they want to contribute?
>>
>>46506818
>>46508629
In warhammer the line was more definded between dwarfs and chaos dwarfs, aos.. What is it..
>>
>>46510053
Yeah I know, maybe what we could do is keep is duradin employed under a secret chaos dwarf Lord, and as they fight and dig, he taints some and has them under his rule unbeknownst to the pure duradin leader
>>
>>46508629
>Oh definitely. That could work! Do you play wood elves?
I do, and in the Order grand alliance book, there is a little bit of fluff about them.
It mentions the Wanderers USED to come from the Realm of Life, but had to flee and leave it to it's fate, and since then they have felt incredibly guilty about doing that instead of standing and fighting, so now they "follow the light of sigendil as it fragments onto the hundreds of ley lines", and they place waystones to amplify it and restore its power.
So their reason for going pretty much anywhere can be summed up as "waystone."
>>
>>46510164
Ah, glad to have you aboard. Do you have a background for them already or did you want to make one for the homebrew?
>>
>>46504954
Kings of war isn't bad, personally I can't really get into it that much because of the models looking severely outdated, I can't say anything about that test.
>>
>>46507762
I hate regiment movement rules. I don't want them simplified, I want them removed entirely

AOS is a great beer and pretzel game and that's why I enjoy it.

There are other games out there that give me more depth and I enjoy those, too. Sometimes I just want to paint a giant dinosaur and then watch it shoot a giant demon with a magic crystal.
>>
>>46511558
>Sometimes I just want to paint a giant dinosaur and then watch it shoot a giant demon with a magic crystal.

Starting to believe that the aos players are 12 years old meme is real.
>>
>>46511897
Youll understand once you pass puberty
>>
>>46507315

The wheel is one picture, and the whole magic phase with wizards, wizard levels, spell types, generating power pool, casting, dispel, selecting spells, bound items, irresistible force/dispel is under 10 pages.

Must seem to be much more if you are mentally disabled for sure. Let me guess, you needed tables to hit/wound as well right?
>>
>>46511897
>Wanting to do something cool.
>Makes him 12.
Where do I sign up for this age reversing affect?
>>
>>46511928

These two lines together

> I just want to paint a giant dinosaur and then watch it shoot a giant demon with a magic crystal.
>Youll understand once you pass puberty

are just pure gold.
>>
I get criticizing AOS for being shitty but can't we all just play what we want to play with out getting abusive

There's no such thing as wrong bad fun
>>
>>46512089

baka

Tempted to show this to my coworkers, perfectly illustrates the autism level in gaming.
>>
Is the grand alliance order book in the mega
>>
>>46512129

As long as you play Sigmar's Chosen.
>>
>>46512196
I do
>>
>>46512089
>i want my MINIATURES GAME to be SUPER SERIOUS NO FUN ALLOWED
pretty sad desu
>>
>>46512173

N O O N E B O U G H T I T
O

O
N
E

B
O
U
G
H
T

I
T
>>
>>46512237

You're pretty slow, I'll spell it out for you: nothing is wrong being a grown up kid. But it is quite hilarious referencing to other's puberty when you have yet to pass it yourself mentally.
>>
File: 1454949937236.jpg (494 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1454949937236.jpg
494 KB, 2048x1536
>>46512196
Whoops.
>>
>>46512238
>Guys, when's the next AoS limited book coming
>kek
>>
>>46512196
as long as my Stormcast make it, I can really care less about whether AOS lives or not.
>>
>>46512270

It's fine, serabros are loyal servant auxiliaries so they count as well. Other thrall races like Fyreslayers are okay too. Not that I understand why you'd want to play the betas but whatever, still better than heretic shit.
>>
>>46512173
>>46512238
Correction. No one bought it that is willing to tear it up to scan. Im looking for the books for cheap as I can so I can do it. The only problem is that all the ones I find have stupid long freeshipping times. The ones that dont, have 10+ dollars in shipping.
>>
>>46512332
>heretic shit
>heretic

Yeah, this game isn't 40klite at all rofl
>>
>>46512268
>theres nothing wrong with it
>but theres something wrong with it

its okay, we were all immature once

eventually you get to the point where can enjoy things that dont involve 200+ page rule books

or not

who cares

everyone can like different things, shitting on people for enjoying something is retarded
>>
>>46512332
>seraphon
>loyal to sigmar
Do you even fluff
>>
cancer
>>
>>46512428

You might have left immaturity behind but surely you're still holding onto your old buddy functional illiteracy.
>>
>>46512332
Nah, I aint no servant. We are creating perfect order. And who is to say that you wont get in the way? You are your storm dreams will not obstruct our bloody path to peace.
>>
>>46512473
/thread
>>
>>46512459
>>46512525

Yeah, keep believing this lizard buddies :)

All fine until you know your place when the Storm comes.
>>
So what is the reforging process like for those who are to become Stormcast? From what I read they get blasted with celestial magic and are reborn celestial beings.

So does this been beneath their armor the stormcast are heavily scarred?
>>
>>46512637
No. I wouldnt think so. They are blasted APART and put together again, but this time infused with a bit of Sigpowah. So they should be all angelic looking i would assume, while still looking like themselves.
>>
>>46512637

The key is getting the D from big Swigmy himself.

Just like in sparta, Swigmy gives away the celestial manpower with his manhood. It's all simple.

That's why they appeal to all the closet-homo GW cuck neckbeards.
>>
>>46512729
so like Jonathan Osterman when he became Dr. Manhattan
>>
>>46512759
Yeah, at least thats how they make it sound.
>>46512752
Notice me Sigpai
>>
>>46512752
>anyone who doesn't agree with me is a cuck

wrong board dude
>>
>>46512810
Sigpai will never notice you, you chaos worshipper
>>
File: 1459795308059.jpg (44 KB, 438x653) Image search: [Google]
1459795308059.jpg
44 KB, 438x653
>>46512877
That's some way to speak to your elders you little lightning static piece of shit. We dah real OG.
>>
>>46512844

I agree with him and I'd let Sigmar cuck me.

Then rule the world with my demigod children.
>>
>>46512999
>literal demons GTFO
>>
>>46513003

That's a good thought experiment. Would you let Sigmar cuck you if you granted you his powers in exchange?
>>
>>46512999
Sigmar is pure waifu material
>>
>>46513085

Is that even a question? What's easier to get, bitches or magic? I'll take many over one ty.
>>
>>46512999
>We dah real OG.
Grandpa Kroak,your like a bagillion years old already. Stop living in the past and take your pills you dusty ass magic toad frog man.
>>
>>46513085
>let Sigmar fuck your girl
>in return get the powers of a wind of magic and become almost as powerful as a chaos god

I would
>>
>>46513003
>>46513098
>>46513131
>>46513147

See, y'all are cucks.
>>
>>46513180
I could live with being a cuck if I was a god
>>
>>46505113

contributan more ideas to the 10th(?) (micro-)realm;

every faction has their own name for it,
e.g. Stormcast: the Crucible, (due to the constant skirmishing), someone else like the Aelves could call it "The NonPoints," & so on.

There is some kind of neutral ground for parley and trade, say like . . . near the cave entrance of minor-godbeast that no one wants to tame or even wake at this point, for whatever story reason. Most everyone would keep and enforce the peace in this area, somewhere to have a break from open fighting & get some business done. Think of a diverse set of stern Order librarians shushing visitors while keeping Savage Orcs & Khornates/non-disguised Chaos away. Maybe a Black Orc Big Boss keeps the outer security cordon aggressively secure with his BigMob collecting various forms of payment for admission, & zip-tying scabbards like Ren Faire security. Maybe the scant remnants of a couple Stormhosts stranded there help them keep the peace, while their leaders do their awkward best to coalition build.

The various Chaos gods could be secretly building up forces to take the cave & corral its godbeast, but their usual divisions/rivalries could be exacerbated by [Slaaneshi] forces not loyal to Archaon dragging their feet in hopes of finding their god before the climatic battle. Tzeentch could be the major player here for a change, in playing the different factions against each other while seeking lore & coordinating with their "frenemy" The Great Horned Rat on some level.

We also could reverse some squatting by having some small piece of The Moot survive in this pocket realm, but the Halflings would probably be inbred & possibly corrupted by Chaos at this point, if, if we want to add some more grimdark flavor.
>>
>>46513227
>GW makes a new faction of halfling models for AOS

eh could be good
>>
>>46513227
So something like the All-Points betwwen the realms
>>
So when is Archaon going to stop being a jackass and sit on his throne?
>>
>>46513227
What do you mean 10th?
Also, I assume you read that one anons background correct? While Im open to the prospect of a potential neutral zone, itd have to be something fought for. Also, we need a physical representation of this thing.
>>
Man I've had two boxes of Judicators sitting on my desk since X-mas. I should really finish them for my Stomcast slayers formation
>>
>>46512334
have you checked here?

http://www.vendio.com/stores/Docs_Games_Store/category/age-of-sigmar-warhammer-fantas/catId=4206175

>>46513350

Aren't there 8 Realms + The Realm of Chaos??

Definitely, the Chaos gods would not care for the various Order and Destruction factions having somewhere they can get together, talk, trade, commiserate & potentially ally against them, hence the Stormcast remnants and Black Orcs enforcing a security cordon.
>>
>>46513421
But what we are making isnt a realm.
>>
Also, I have saved whatever I could find of note pertaining for the factions and settings. When posted in the next thread, and you see something missing or would like to add, just reply to that post and Ill add it if it ends up working.
>>
>>46505590
Is that actual GW art?
I mean... I wouldn't expect people on DeviantArt to have bothered having made that, but it... well... actually it seems par for the course on AoS so far.
Which is really really sad, I remember that pick of Sigmar flying at the GIANT beast/demon from the first book, that was cool, but it seems like that was the ONLY cool bit of art in all of AoS...
>>
>>46513694
Cool, anyone willing to make a map next thread?
>>
For once, a good AoS thread. Not too much shitposting, and more army fluffing and location building.
>>
>>46515114
GW commissions external artists now, hence the greatly variable quality in art.
>>
File: Archaon.jpg (165 KB, 736x958) Image search: [Google]
Archaon.jpg
165 KB, 736x958
>>46515114
I love this person's art, don't know who the artist is though.
>>
>>46512129
Except, as a Fantasy player I now can't play what I want, so you retards can have your Mega-Blocks toys instead.
>>
>>46517806
Who is keeping you from playing Warhammer Fantasy? You have 8 editions to choose from. Along with a lot of fanmade stuff and the option of going to Kings of War. You have absolutely no excuse.
>>
>>46517987

>Basic inability to grasp small nerd communities for niche hobbies have enough problems without trying to arrange active communities for unsupported products

It happens, but it's not exactly fucking reliable that your area can pull it off.
>>
So if you're playing Stormcasts, are you meant to hamper yourself by taking a handicap or something? These guys seem absurdly powerful compared to most units.
>>
>>46490984
I've been on these threads before, talking about my (very small) army of Disposessed and Fyreslayers.

I've just started building some skellingtons.
I only have a box of Black Knights and have ordered in a mounted Wight King, and plan on getting some regular skellies and Grave Guard, along with some Crypt Horrors for soaking up enemy attacks.
I keep drawing blanks on fluff for them, but I can remedy that by playing a few games with them and working something out based on how it all progresses.

Thoughts?
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1536x2048
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.