[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A strange request
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: I_needed_an_image.png (384 KB, 970x528) Image search: [Google]
I_needed_an_image.png
384 KB, 970x528
So my friend and I were having a conversation about "useless characters," i.e. characters not built for their specialty (Bards without charisma, fighters without strength, etc.) and came upon a bit of a dilemma: Does such a character even exist for base WoD?

In other words, is there a build using only the base WoD book that is useless in game, or is the character creation too simple to create such a character? We couldn't think of anything, so I'm turning to you for ideas, if anyone is willing to help.
>>
>>46490310
Yes? A bruiser character with no strength or melee is useless.

Why would you want to build something useless?
>>
>>46490376
Well the thing is a bruiser character without strength or melee has to have strengths elsewhere, and so is not entirely useless, hence the question.

And basically I want to roll the most useless mortal possible to see if I can make him survive a WoD campaign.
>>
>>46490411
Then no, you will have to spend the base stats, which will leave you at least competent in something.
>>
>>46490457
That's mildly disappointing
>>
>>46490477
I suppose you could load up on flaws, but really, the system is already not friendly towards mortals, trying to be downsy mccripple is just pointless.
>>
>>46490505
Congratulations, you've given me the idea I needed
>>
>>46490505
So now let's say I wanted to make Downsy McCripple, what skills could I pick without breaking that concept?
>>
>>46490702
He's a fucking nerd who can't focus, can't fight, and can't even do critical thinking.
>>
Pick up the Blind (Persistent) and Crippled (Persistent) condition while you're at itWhat's the alignment of someone who brainwashes people in powerful positions to stop exploiting poor countries or the environment, effectively destroying their personality?.
>>46490702
>>
>>46495838
What the fuck
I just saw that thread
Is this a copypasta now
>>
>>46490411
>>46490376
In a classless system, the character's archetype becomes obvious shortly after the character creation points are spent. And there's lots of instances where you can end up with entirely useless characters.

I've seen WoD characters capable of doing nothing but playing a wicked cello or living indefinitely innawoods. When it comes to applicable skills, there are some people who make characters that are so bad at all of them they don't fit any archetype.
>>
>>46495838
>Get a lot of flaws
>Get a lot of points you have to spend
>Since you shouldn't put dots on personal skills, you have to put them in merits
>Become Downsy McCripple, the knows-everyone human piggybank.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.