[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game Returning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1383673724310.jpg (54 KB, 700x382) Image search: [Google]
1383673724310.jpg
54 KB, 700x382
Find it hard to believe but it seems it's happening.

It's over four years with Battle of Five Armies first and then Hobbit Appendices and LOTR Appendices.

Since the spam system is stopping me posting Faeit212's link, I will just post the information here.

>News is trickling out of Nottingham about Adam Troke's "state of the game" presentation at Throne of Skulls. It seems like the game may be rebranded as "Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game." One attendee on Facebook posted:
Feel gutted for the people who didn't get to come to ToS and hear from Adam Troke. Fantastic stuff he had to say, not sure exactly what we are and aren't aloud to post but needless to say the hobby is safe with Adam and we are getting NEW stuff guaranteed!
Another poster has said there was mentioned of reissuing OOP models.

>And from another poster:
What adam said though is he wants us to email them and tell him what we want to see come back and also what we want new.

>Send in photos of our painted models and literally support our Middle Earth hobby! Without the support we have shown this hobby in recent years he literally couldn't have got the energy from GW put back in!

>And again:
Middle Earth SBG. New stuff and Old stuff to be released! There's your headline from me.

>They have a release plan up until 2020.

>New stuff will be done the FW way.

>There will be a new book by the end of the year and the current sourcebooks are going into printing now

>We also got to find out why the Battle of five armies release was so small. New Lines barely gave them anything to work with as they changed everything half way through the production process. The result was GW staff did not find out what most of it was until the film came out. Plus side is the initial projects are to fill the gaps.

Cont
>>
>>46488950
Cont

>More from Facebook:

>Sourcebooks are being re-printed in three weeks

>New Sourcebook (Most likely BoFA) is being released by the end of the Calendar year

>Out of Production models will be released again in Forgeworld Resin

>Due to the cost of Forgeworld resin, terrain kits will no longer be sold and instead replaced with battle boards (possibly)

>Dain (Not on Pig) was shown and apparently looks better than anything we have ever seen. No pictures were taken to show us.

>Adam Troke has is guaranteed to work on Middle Earth SBG for Four Years!! That is Four more years of models released

>No mention of a new rulebook but there not be an Age of Sigmar type deal. My guess is that it will be Weapons Rules and Monster rules that will get tweaked. Game is said to largely stay the same.

>New Game will be called Middle Earth SBG
The New game will start to go into the Lord of the Rings Appendices and Hobbit Appendices for material after the BoFA is done

>More News from more sources!!:
1) A Box Game like the Horus Heresy WILL NOT happen for Lord of the Rings
2) A New starter set will come out for Middle Earth SBG
3) A New Hardback rule book will come out
4) Osgiliath Ruins are coming back. The Laketown Buildings are not

4) New models will come in boxes, not blisters of 3
>>
>>46488950
>>46488996
Well, you can definitely colour me excited, I honestly love the SBG game system and would love to get into it.

I hope that there is a resurgence in this; they really made a wonderful system for small units and heroes. Does anyone have good stories from the games they've played of LotR SBG that they'd like to share?
>>
holy shit wot?
post the link with a part edited
>>
>>46488996
>1) A Box Game like the Horus Heresy WILL NOT happen for Lord of the Rings
why not? Licencing?
>2) A New starter set will come out for Middle Earth SBG
sweet
>3) A New Hardback rule book will come out
sweet
>4) Osgiliath Ruins are coming back. The Laketown Buildings are not
that's strange
>4) New models will come in boxes, not blisters of 3
thank fucking god
>>
cool i was just planning on starting a uruk hai army
are they any good?
>>
bump, why isn't anyone talking about this?
>>
File: FinnishElf.jpg (724 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FinnishElf.jpg
724 KB, 1920x1080
>>46491926
>talk about this

Okay. By the numbers:

>fb posts, not quotes, no vids, no audio
>not aloud to post what troke said
oh that's alright then
>gw suddenly has a release plan
yer fuckin killin me with this shit
>nl made b5a flop - not gw
>new models will be re$in

So much bullshit.
300 replies guaranteed ...
>>
>>46490852
I can't as spam filter keeps stopping it.

Type into Google

>GW: Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game Returns in Full
>>
>>46491926
I liked the LoTR because true scale and at the time I started it was cheaper than the other games. But after the price incresed and all that I lost interest.
>>
File: 1441570883242.jpg (282 KB, 1440x790) Image search: [Google]
1441570883242.jpg
282 KB, 1440x790
>>46488950
As a longtime LotR SBG fan I'm sooo excited for this! Really! The Hobbit movies were really disappointing in my opinion and I couldn't bring myself to buy anything based off of them, but I would love to see some of the things from the original line redone. Here's to hoping they make a better troop box for high elves! Having to buy spear an shield units in fours and then a set of 8 unwanted Numenorians just to get archers that all looked the same anyway was a massive dissapointment!

>>46490620
Storytime!
>Versing gf, her using Harad as always and me using Gondor.
>Battling among some ruined buildings.
>I'm winning significantly, she just can't get past my armour.
>She starts retreating up the building so I follow with the majority of my remaining troops.
>Get to top floor and close in around her, she starts winning fights because spears but can't beat my armour.
>All of a sudden realise that quite a few of my troops are close to a ledge...
>Start loosing troops to fall damage like nothing else!
>I still won, but such heavy casualties were taken to the point that I thought what was certain victory ended up really close! Something like 2 models.

>>46491315
Depends how you build the army, what sort of maps you play on and who you're versing. If you have a map with a lot of choke points and terrain Uruk Infantry are great otherwise get ready to sink points into Shamans and Berserkers and get pumbled by cavalry.
>>
>>46498025

Me and my mates collected LOTR extensively because we come from Middle Earth and almost everyone had worked on the movies in one way or another. One regular opponent had been an Uruk at Helms Deep and an Orc at Minas Tirith, and those were the exact armies he collected. He even painted himself as an Ork and an Uruk in each army.

Sadly the Hobbit was so expensive no-one could ever buy into it, and the scene largely collapsed. A shame, as I think LOTR was the single most popular Tabletop Wargame here for a time.
>>
>>46494236
it's called speculation
>>
>>46498060
why was the hobbit so fucking expensive anyway? What possessed them to jack up the prices for hobbit but keep LOTR ones the same price?
>>
>>46498663
No, he's probably from New Zeland anyway. It's basically the American price times two. Go look, it's horrifying.
>>
>>46498800
Yeah I know, it's goddamn horrifying, same as Australian prices
>>
>>46498800
>tfw once went on GW website to look at products
>see everything is like 200$+
>Battle of Calth is 300$
>lose my shit
>flag in top right
>New Zealand
I still have no fucking clue why it was set to that, but it scared the shit out of me.
>>
>>46498025
kek
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.