[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #773: Over the Bifrost Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: JC.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JC.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46472820
>>
>>46488568
Skies are blue, and the ragnarok that you dare to dream really does come true.
>>
Can we just talk for a second about how batshit insane Norse powerlevels are for a second? Sure it's no Hindu mythology, but people tend to forget Odin killed the giant whose corpse became the world with the help of two of his brothers. Thor is considered a WMG when wielding his hammer, and while he didn't succeed-he managed to wrestle death, nudge the Midgard Serpent and drain the sea to a degree noticeable enough to scare his host.

What I'm saying is-that ragnarok drawback where the fire giants break out and kill absolutely everyone probably looks like something out of Asura's Wrath.
>>
Dresden Files - Spirits of Intellect.

Bought one as a Companion, been trying to figure out what they do. Anyone mind filling me in? And would they lose anything if imported and given a human form?
>>
Jumpers, let's talk food. What food do you grow yourself, like farming or ranching, and what food do you hunt down in the wilds? Any recipes you'd care to share? We have a lot of cheap cooking perks, and even a cooking show jump, so you're bound to have done something.
>>
>>46488641
People also forget that Surtr created all the stars and his sword is twice as hot and bright as the sun.

Norse mythology IS related to Hindu, though. It didn't develop to be as silly, most of the time, but they share roots.
>>
>>Spatial Warping
>Not from X-Men. It's pretty similar to Vista's power from Worm, though. Just without the Manton effect.

A lack of any Manton effect makes it Omega level right there; you'd need at least to keep it from affecting only bits of people/things or otherwise weaponising discontinuities.

Otherwise there's a trick you could easily do with briefly making an artery have an interior volume the size of a swimming pool... the main reason for the Entities imposing the "Manton effect" rules on shard powers is that otherwise every parahuman becomes an instant WMD, which makes for very short conflicts.
>>
>>46488681
I'm a simple man with simple tastes. Meat, potatoes and maybe a little bit of starchy pasty every now and then. Though the meat of course varies.
>>
>>46488730

More importantly didn't Surtr set all of reality on fire besides the inside of a tree?
>>
File: 495efb02c18d2bd1090ac52066490ffd.jpg (918 KB, 1200x1669) Image search: [Google]
495efb02c18d2bd1090ac52066490ffd.jpg
918 KB, 1200x1669
>>46488675
http://dresdenfiles.wikia.com/wiki/Bob
Bob is one of the main Spirits of Intellect mentioned in Dresden. He's far from the only one, but he's a good example of what they can do. Long story short, he's kind of like a Wizard Computer. Dresden-verse magic is a complicated affair if you're trying to do things the right (slow) way. Certain ingredients in certain spells need to be altered if it's a certain day, hour, season and/or phase of the moon, among several hundred smaller factors that can make a spell more or less potent. A Spirit of Intellect is capable of calculating all that on the fly because of their amazing capacities. Many of them have been around for hundreds of years and have an even better understanding of Magic because of that.

Putting one in a Human body is something I don't think was done in the series. They would probably lose much of their power to tap into Magic itself and check on the evershifting rules of the Arcane, but their knowledge would still be intact.

>>46488681
Well, Harvest Moon was fun and now my Warehouse has a small Barn/Garden attached to it. That's good for the basics.

I got sick /so/ many times in Forgotten Realms trying to eat almost everything we came across. I've spent decades wondering what Hydra, Dragon, and Beholder tastes like, so I wasn't going to miss the opportunity. Deep fried Illithid was the favorite of some of my Companions, but I'm not a fan of squid.
>>
>>46488877
Not on his own, he and the other fire giants are the ultimate winners of Ragnarok, and overwhelm the nine worlds and burn them all to ash. Like you said, only the inside of one tree escapes, and inside that tree are a pair of humans (and sometimes also a revived Baldr). The implication being that they will begin the world anew.
>>
>>46488675
You can only get one by having a spirit sacrifice themselves out of love for you. When that happens she dies and impregnates your brain and you have to get your brain baby removed before your head explodes.
>>
File: Across the Rainbow Bridge.jpg (86 KB, 986x662) Image search: [Google]
Across the Rainbow Bridge.jpg
86 KB, 986x662
The thread theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woMDTn4xWrE
>>
>>46488681
I don't hunt food, since that's what replicators, geneforges and protocrafters are for*, but I did get Erana's Tree from Quest For Glory and its fruit makes a fantastic "apple" pie.

*(can I still call myself a vegetarian if my steaks grow on trees?)
>>
So I was just reading the last thread, and I saw someone was considering a Nightmare of Nunnally jump? Because if so, please do so, that would be amazing.
>>
>>46488681
Back when I still needed food, I just used my replicator.
>>
File: Antispiral1.jpg (131 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Antispiral1.jpg
131 KB, 1920x1200
>>46488730
>CREATED ALL THE STARS

Wait, WHAT?! How big are Norse stars? I did not remember this part.

>twice as hot and bright as the sun

Motherfucker's giving everyone cancer just by fencing him.

>IS related to Hindu

Wait, what? I know there's some bugger called Dyaeus Pyetr or something who's the indo-european inspiration for Zeus among other thunder deities but I've never heard of any hindu connection to the Norse.

>>46488675
Think of their big trick as being, basically, a magical AI. A sort of living spell that can hijack other spells, analyse them, record how they work and replicate them with their own limited reserve of magical energy. Up to and including necromancy. They are, essentially, a kind of magical AI.

This, potentially, gives them a powerset that rivals a wizard's in sheer versatility. Possessing statues, guarding people from the ambient psychic attacks of multiple vampire nobles, generally kicking the crap out of the spirit world etc.

>>46488681
These days we mostly cook physical food purely out of the satisfaction of good craftsmanship. Which...actually makes Undertale monster food really appealling because it's exactly what we like-a combination of magic and spiritual energy materialised in an orderly form. That butterscotch pie recipe's good, but we actually quite like snail pie too.

You can make a bitchin' cider with some of Idunn's apples, some ambrosia, some peaches of immortality (and some Chinese ambrosia) and the Water of Life.

Also sometimes we use a combination of Pyromancy and Angel science to farm souls. Gone are those shameful, halcyon days when we would hunt and devour our food raw like some sort of animal! No, these days we're all about sustainable farming and fair trade when it comes to soul food of every flavour. It's all about giving back more life energy than you take, and jacking the Gates of Guf into local leylines as the spiritual equivalent of compost.
>>
File: idonteven.jpg (52 KB, 583x405) Image search: [Google]
idonteven.jpg
52 KB, 583x405
>blah blah magical AIX2

What the fuck captacha, I thought I edited that damn post before posting. Work with me here, dammit.

>those goddamn pictures that DISAPPEAR WHEN YOU CLICK ON THEM

You are NOT a hero of justice, captcha
>>
>>46489154
>How big are Norse stars?
They're just burning embers high in the sky. It's best to think of them like meteors, more or less. One of the events of Ragnarok is that all of them will rain down onto the worlds.
>>
>>46488681
Let me introduce you to Skink Priest Iztac's Spicy Fried Mosquito Dumplings - a fun way to turn something there's too many of into something you need.

>INGREDIENTS:
>1000 mosquitoes
>5 cups of rice flour
>2 cups of water
>10 dollops of sour cream
>10 tablespoons of ground cayenne pepper
>5 tablespoons of taco seasoning
>1 gallon of sunflower oil

>INSTRUCTIONS:
>Mix rice flour with water until a paste-like consistency is reached
>Form rice paste into small shells
>mix mosquitoes, cayenne pepper, taco seasoning, and sour cream in a large bowl and crush mosquitoes until reduced to a slightly more viscous pastelike consistency
>fill rice paste shells with spicy mosquito paste
>close rice paste shells
>fry in sunflower oil for five minutes
>serve warm and salt to taste
>serves ten
>>
http://pastebin.com/EKWYfDAe

Burgli ruins/solves everything in Fallout and then has a ten year buffet while driving a salty serial killer more insane than he already is!
>>
>>46489154
Supposedly, Thor, Perun, Perkwunos, Taranis/Sucellus, and even the Hindu Parjanya are all connected.
>>
>>46489154
>Wait, what?
It's as you said, Hinduism and Norse Paganism are both Indo-European religions. The indo-european people, language, and religions all came from one ancestry.
>>
>>46488945
>head-pregnancies

brb, still laughing forever.

>>46488903
>>46489154
So say I made one into a massive, black, bald British dude, and he can swap between that form and Spirit form at will... On top of, say, making him a Mantra Cyborg.

I'm glad he's one of the more heroic of my companions, let's put it like that.
>>
>>46489297
It's like a chestburster, but it comes out of your skull and you cannot see it without the magic-vision
>>
>>46489254
Poor Burgli
>>
>>46489254
>that post-Dam roundup

Ten points to Gryffindor on a detail not many people would bother looking over.
>>
>>46489254
That was awesome. I love the Fallout-style aftermath coverage/epilogue, kudos!
>>
What is so dangerous about Gundam SEED? I keep seeing it referenced as terrible place to visit in a few of the gundam jumps.
>>
>>46489627
It's not dangerous, it's just poorly written and full of unlikeable mary sues.
>>
>>46489654
So its like being suck in bad fanfiction land? are the MS at least worth jacking?
>>
>>46489654
soo... It's just like Jumpchain?
>>
>>46489700
I guess? I don't remember anything I'd kill for.
>>46489702
lol so funneh joke!
>>
>>46489700
They have some strangely potent nuclear reactors, great batteries, a lot of over the top super weapons, and a quantum communication system small enough for mobile suit's to use them to control bits, or attack pods as the jump refers to them as. Though the DRAGOON System that is the quantum communication system is only 200cp to buy for your MS.
>>
>>46489700
Exactly. And the mobile suits are pretty cool. I'd suggest grabbing the Aegis or its upgraded form the Rosso Aegis, the Akatsuki, and the Strike Freedom. Aegis has a bunch of really cool minor features like extreme range of motion of its joints or beam sabers on every limb, the Akatsuki is immune to directed energy weaponry up to and including antimatter particle beam cannons, and the Strike Freedom is the final upgraded mecha of the Gary Stue protagonist, and is therefore incredibly overpowered.
>>
>>46489138
I'm not that anon, if there was one, but I might give it a shot after I finish my current project.
>>
What jumps can you spend 1000yrs plus in. I already know supreme commander and bartimaeus aiming for 1000000yr old jumper for shaman king.
>>
>>46489790
I think one of the backgrounds in Civilization does, or I might be misremembering.

>>46489718
Not sure which of us sargasmed harder there.
>>
>>46489700
Sure, I guess.

I don't particularly care for them since they're mostly all variations on "Gundam with a backpack", but they would certainly be worth grabbing.
>>
>>46489772
Thanks for considering it, anon. If you don't mind me asking, what project are you working on?
>>
If you count background stuff as part of your age, then the 800 cp perk in devil survivors 2 makes you billions of years old by the time the jump starts.
>>
>>46489790
There is a list, not sure how up to date it is but here. http://pastebin.com/7Dd8pZ8a
>>
>>46489762
Gundam SEED is another one of those jumps that I'd like to redo the mecha customization table for. It's kind of bare-bones, most of it is just a list of weapon names without any proper descriptions, and there are only a handful of non-weapon options. And I could get away with it, too, I wrote a fair bit of that jump. The jump maker asked for suggestions and then lifted the text from the posts responding to it word for word. Something like half of it is something I wrote that he was too lazy to expand into proper entries.
>>
>>46489881
Yep. Happy, I dunno, 8th billion birthday?
>>
>>46489910

Are you planning on ever doing a turn A gundam jump?
>>
>>46489254
Woo Burgli! I did not see that coming. Good stuff.
>>
>>46489938
Nah, Gundam Anon expressed some desire to do that. I might do a Gundam X jump, though.
>>
>>46489881
Damn it. My phone has a really annoying habit of deleting quoted posts. I meant to reply to >>46489790
>>
>>46489976

Just as good
>>
>>46489976
What is gundam X?
>>
>>46489976
Knowing how long my progress on 00 took, I'm fine with someone else trying their hands at X. If you'd like any help I'd be happy to provide what I can.
On that matter, Turn A might take a while. I may or may not try my hands at something shorter and non-Gundam related (how shocking) so I can get something out that's both nice and quick. Shite, this post was a mouthful.
>>
>>46490043

After war Gundam X
>>
>>46489870
I've got a few, but currently I'm working to finish up From Dust, and then maybe Spectrobes.
>>
File: garrod-believes.jpg (25 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
garrod-believes.jpg
25 KB, 500x338
>>46489976
Please maybe do it
>>
>>46490043
After War Gundam X. You know how at some point in every Gundam series some space asshole tries to nuke the world from orbit only to be stopped by the protagonist in his super-Gundam? Gundam X is a setting where the protagonist failed before the series even started. So it's a post-apocalyptic Gundam, like Fallout with giant robots. It's a pretty great series, has a lot of good characters and cool action scenes, but due to it performing worse than the studio wanted it got its funding cut and therefore ends kind of abruptly. The last third of the series wound up a bit rushed.
>>
>>46490111
From Dust? Haven't heard of that. Spectrobes, though, that I remember playing. Fun game. Take your time with your work, anon, make sure you have fun with it and that you're satisfied with your work, I'm sure they'll be great!
>>
File: Vilanox.png (275 KB, 580x418) Image search: [Google]
Vilanox.png
275 KB, 580x418
>>46490111
>Spectrobes.
Gib beetle samurai tank
>>
>>46489910
I have mentioned previously I had planned on going back and redoing that, but ever time a cluster of idiots comes trotting out the 'oh SB sucks things' I sour to the concept, but you're correct it does need to be updated because its very barebones.
>>
>>46490351
People wouldn't attack your forum if its inhabitants didn't keep doing stupid things.
>>
109. Bartimeaus Trilogy
Origin: Drop-In
Era: Prague Falling
Perks: What's a True Name (-300), That Tickles? (-600), Breaker of Chains (-600)
Drawbacks: Rocks Fall, you may die! (+200), Wanted (+300)

I can run. I can run very, very well. And I don't have any reason to stay and fight, accept for a cat and mouse game through the streets of a recently conquered city. So, it's really something of a game. I can easily dispel most spirits with my upgraded Ace of Winchester, and I can survive or escape most things they throw my way. An evasion of a werewolf or wizard means I get a point, evading the golem is 3 points, killing means I lose a point, dispelling a spirit is neutral. The amount of opponents cannot increase a score beyond 5 points per event, nor lower beyond 5 points.

The golem was actually pretty simple to defeat. It turns out that they are not immune to repeated drops from very high places. I didn't even bother to figure out which wizard was using it to attack me. I never actually fully destroyed the thing, just busted it enough to make my exit. The werewolves were worse, though. I have a half-dozen ways to see the future and plenty of luck perks to compensate for my stupidity, but they got really fucking close to actually catching up to me more times than I can count. Dogs of war, man.

The spirits could be evaded, and I mostly disabled the wizards long enough to bid them a good day and make my way. It turns out wizards have superiority complexes, but they're academics. Something about spending years learning to enslave sapient beings to your will just makes you feel like you're better than others. By the end of it, holding back just got tiresome because they'd always act like they owned the fucking place. I mean, they do, but just because they think I'm some sort of spirit doesn't mean they get to be a dick to me whenever they want. It's rude.

Final score: -24. I am pretty good at wizard golf.
>>
>>46490351
The problem is, I have yet to see evidence that SB's jumpchain community does not, in fact, suck considering they drove away Babylon anon somehow and more recently one of them posted an unwanted edit to the Servent Supplement.
>>
>>46490427
I recognize the basic validity of that, people do stupid shit, but it doesn't change it does annoy me. I can't help it.
>>
>>46488641
this is probably the point I mention that the jump is not designed to give you the power to fight your way out of Ragnarok, it does give you several methods of living through it. Though late chain jumpers could go through it in a bloodbath.
>>
>>46490463
>they drove away Babylon
It was just one guy. In fact, all of the shit has been done by three-four people.
>>
>>46490469
That's fair enough, actually. I won't pretend this very site doesn't do stupid shit all the time.

All I'm saying is that the only positive contributions I've ever associated between SB and jumpchain came from people who primarily interacted with this thread rather than primarily with theirs and they've a whole slew of negative contributions to make me wish we'd never heard of you guys, and vice versa.
>>
>>46490351
Well, I can help, if you'd like. My comments were made in frustration assuming you had abandoned it, but if you want to upgrade it then I'd be happy to assist instead of bitch.
>>
>>46490463
Seed Anon's not a jackass, dude. Don't start demonizing anyone from there just because of two to three morons.
>>
>>46490516
On the one hand, I don't know enough about your community to objectively prove or disprove you.

On the other hand the sheer frequency of awful things happening makes me wonder.

On the OTHER other hand we did use to have Mommy, DDanon and Bancho before they got mercifully kicked out so-I guess I ought to give you the benefit of the doubt
>>
>>46490570
...Bancho's still around man.
>>
>>46490600
I can dream, dammit. And he did technically leave for a spell, it's just a shame he came back.
>>
>>46490600
Maybe he forgot he filtered him.

I do, sometimes.
>>
>>46490600
Yeah, but he's toned it waaaay the fuck down. Basically a different person now.
>>
>>46490570
>and Bancho before they got mercifully kicked out
No, anon, you're daydreaming again, that unfortunately hasn't happened.
>>
>>46490645
See >>46490628 and...>>46490633, actually. Damn it, reality crushes my dreams even in this imaginary choice adventure thing.
>>
>>46490533
As always i'm entirely amenable to help, let me see if i can find the last version i worked on and my image files.
>>
>>46490628
To be fair, like this >>46490634 Anon said, Bancho has toned it down considerably.

I expect him to fuck up eventually though. Sometimes I curse my pessimism.
>>
>>46490689
Awesome. And sorry for the angry comments earlier, I was talking out of my ass and saying things that were undeserved based on kneejerk assumptions.
>>
What's the best power available in the X-men jump?
>>
>>46490740
Love, anon. Love is the best power available in any jump.
>>
>>46490740
All of them.
>>
File: 1395109770771.jpg (39 KB, 349x445) Image search: [Google]
1395109770771.jpg
39 KB, 349x445
>>46490777
How do I weaponize this "Love"?
>>
>>46490740
Looking good in spandex.
Just kidding, you can't get that from the X-men Jump.
>>
>>46490834
>8-bit Theatre
>>
>>46490834
8-bit theater, The Power of Love.
>>
File: love.gif (180 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
love.gif
180 KB, 300x300
>>46490834
Embrace Love in its fullness - take it upon your very being and become Love - and you will have no need of weapons, for none shall be your enemy.

They may fail to understand at first, but soon they will see. It is pointless to fight.

After all, you love them more than anyone or anything ever has. In exchange for a love like that... who would not do anything you asked?

What monster or man, once touched by pure Love, could bring itself to resist it?
>>
>>46490111
From Dust, how are you even going to manage that?

But I'm SUPER fucking hype for Spectrobes tho. I don't even remember the plot or anything I just remember it being a fun game and never actually finding out how to do more than 1 damage with basic non-Pokemon attacks. Still beat the game, though.

Were Spectrobes sentient? Wonder if I'm going to have to save up another companion slot.
>>
>>46490848
No, but there'll be a drawback that makes you think you do.
>>
>>46489961
Thanks!

>>46489336
Don't worry! He got to munch on sea monsters for ten years! He basically had a vacation!

>>46489415
I actually had to stop myself. I've played NV to death so I could have easily written a novel on the dam's sudden , early removal.
>>
>>46490740
>X-Men jump
Did I miss a post?
>>
File: Jump Chain Gundam Seed.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jump Chain Gundam Seed.pdf
1 B, 486x500
this is the latest version of SEED I have saved on my computer, obviously I had at some point started on fluffing out the weapons. I need to go find my pictures
Hopefully I will be able to make some progress on it tonight.
>>
Is The Polity jump finished? I just found it on the Complete WIthout Images folder but I dunno if it's a mistake since I dimly recall the maker planning on fixing something up
>>
>>46491048
They're very much animals, with basic intelligence. They got stored in the prizmodmajigger between battles.

Two Origins. Shaman and the Breath. Three scenarios, one that you must take as the Breath and only as the Breath.
>>
File: 1453441266257.jpg (32 KB, 327x323) Image search: [Google]
1453441266257.jpg
32 KB, 327x323
>>46489254
I want more. MORE, DAMN YOUR EYES.

>>46488976
> Not the true lord and savior of /jc/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKn33-q4Ao
>>
>>46491577
excellent song, but I fail to see the connection
>>
File: The Polity Jump v1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The Polity Jump v1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46491338
I have now completed it to v1.0. Here it is. Dunno who put it on the drive but it wasn't me.

v1.0 –
Added researcher and frontier backgrounds perks and items.
Added a couple of companion options.
Pocket AI now capable of plotting U-Jumps, now companion for researcher.
Swapped Life-Coven Educated to researcher for obvious reasons, dropped runcible technician to 100/free perk for drop-in and added a new 200/100 perk for Drop Ins.
Added reward/note in Ending about stuff working/not working where there is no U-space.
I think I wrote enough shit in the setting Primer so people know what I'm ranting about.
>>
>>46491133
Okay, so some of my early ideas for the customization section. It's kind of stream of consciousness with only the barest attempts to put it into order, so there are a lot of gaps in it. I'm trying to go for something like what Gundam Anon did with 00, a few fairly generic techs but the majority being emulating iconic suits. I want to get an iconic feature from each of the original five Gundams, the Druggies' suits, and the top-tier being the Gundams around at the end of Destiny. Because for all that SEED suits are criticized for being gimmicky, they're COOL gimmicks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1innh4spNCkPV611HvV18YgC-yptM8obb-6wwxNLt-p0/edit
>>
>>46489790

Lord of Light's Star of India drawback can get around a thousand years.
>>
>>46491111
Bruh.
http://pastebin.com/gPD0uENi
It was posted in one of the last couple threads.
>>
Would nerves of steel and skill at holding the line be an acceptable interpretation of Cadia with Icon of the Regiment from the 40k jump?
>>
>>46490570

It's just they have a couple of internet tribal types who have to wag their spears and don't want to be beholden to another tribe for culture.

But most of them are totally normal, and some of them have done some good stuff - they just don't make waves, so we never really notice.
>>
>>46491711
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1innh4spNCkPV611HvV18YgC-yptM8obb-6wwxNLt-p0/edit
Ok, I haven't actually read GUndam 00 I must have missed when it went up so i'll look at that.
>>
Does anyone have the Tom Clancy WiP?
>>
File: rainbow six wip.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
rainbow six wip.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46492059
>>
>>46492196
thanks

edit: fuck image captcha
>>
>>46491649
So, whats up with the things in the brackets?
>>
>>46492296
Spoilers for the series, it looks like.
>>
>>46492351
Yeah, gathered that, but it seems to be invisible to me. Highlighting it does nothing.
>>
>>46492376
Try copy-pasting.
>>
>>46492376
Just select between the brackets, and copy and paste to a notepad or word doc to read.
>>
>>46490901

Unsure if reference or not...
>>
>>46492376
Just copy-paste it to somewhere else.
>>
>>46492412
>>46492411
>>46492421
Yeah, that worked. Thanks!
>>
>>46490740

tl;dr - they're all good. I'm impressed at the level of description, as it's fairly rare to get useful benchmarks.

Delta
Phasing - generous effect when phasing back in. Easy to turn into a weapon. Great defence and offence.
Precognition - spider sense is always good, and makes every power better.
Venom Claws - a little inflexible, unless you're good at not accidentally gutting someone. Can be replaced by equipment.
Wall-Crawling - effective mobility enhancement, but how often do you need to stand on the ceiling?
Bone Spikes - decent, but guns exist.
Acid-Spit - potent, but not very PR friendly, and probably a bit easy to fuck up.

Beta
Healing Factor - always good. But if they can kill you in the first place, then they'll just kill you harder. Inevitable bit where you get sealed in concrete and thrown into the ocean.
Energy Blasts - Powerful laser or kinetic gun. Probably hard to find an actual bit of equipment as powerful, but it probably exists. But this kind of thing is easy to pick up elsewhere.
Teleportation - fast teleportation is very good. Synergises well with precog and wall crawling/flight. Overlaps with phasing, but still good.
Animal Morphing - X-Men universe IIRC, does have the Savage Land, which is full of dinosaurs. So, this is fucking awesome. Without tropes though, you're fucked versus combat-ready humans. Good versatility.
Inorganic Form - walking brick. Might be interesting with bone spikes.
Technopathy - any setting with superscience or angry robots makes this gold. X-Men regularly deal with both.
>>
>>46492567
>>46490740

Alpha

Elemenal Power - common elsewhere, but this basically combines several lower-tier powers, so it's efficient. There's a typo here.
Weather Manipulation - really good if you feel like holding the agriculture of the world to ransom. Good versus cities. Expect to sandbag a lot.
Adaptive Evolution - similar to Karma Chameleon, but faster and not permanent. Always decent, but never great. It's better to aim for control of a situation than trust passively in your ability to adapt.
Super Speed - always a great choice. Speed kills.
Spatial Warping - excellent! Synergises amazingly well with basically every ability and team member.
Self-Molecular Manipulation - massively superior to the healing factor, as it isn't just a passive effect. Excellent.

Omega
Telekinesis - Most effects can be simplified or translated into terms of applied kinetic energy. Telekinesis is the ability to apply kinetic energy however you imagine. It's really quite bullshit.
Telepathy - Very good. Telepathy that is explicitly this good is rare in jumpchain.
Magnetism Manipulation - Magneto broken, plz nerf. Basically telekinesis, with initially restricted targeting. Restrictions inspire art, however, which is probably the best excuse for why Magneto pulled off that portal bullshit.
Gravity Manipulation - always good. Instantly negates any non-flying non-ranged attacker, and can easily mess with the ranged ones with a variety of tricks. Gravity oscillation can bring buildings down very quickly, and then you get into the really exotic fuckery…
Vibration Manipulation - decent, but a bit niche. A fancy grenade launcher will do most of the same things.
Energy Absorption - passive defences like this turn you into a monster of the week. If you're a villain, expect their powers combined to overload you and make you explode into a shower of friendship sparkles.
>>
>>46491649
Woot! Making a build...

How does the last paragraph of the Polity Agent perk work if you're not literally a Polity Agent?
>>
>>46491808
Cool, thanks. As for best power... depends on your goal(s). They're all pretty cool.
>>
>>46492585
>Vibration Manipulation
I'll update the description before I post the final version, since this is a holdover from before I switched it and Self-Molecular Manipulation.

It's way more impressive than that description, because at your peak you'll be like the bastard child of Whitebeard and Skye/Daisy from Agents of Shield, complete with everything from giant tidal waves to extreme fine control.
>>
>>46492585
Is sandbagging anything like jobbing?
>>
File: 1453080729275.jpg (2 MB, 1865x2680) Image search: [Google]
1453080729275.jpg
2 MB, 1865x2680
>>46492692
Jump looks great
can energy blasts get to pic related levels
>>
>>46492692

In that case, yeah. It's pretty much on par with the rest of the Omega force manipulation powers then.

>>46492739

Yep. Even when it's finely controlled, "weather" is not a super precise phenomenon. It's very... biblical.

Even if you can just throw a tornadoes at problems, if they're in a residential area, you hopefully don't want or need to.
>>
>>46492774
Is that the absurd thing where Superman's replaced the sun and is heating the earth?

Anyway, energy blasts can probably be made real big, but it'll be extremely draining.
>>
>>46492739
Sandbagging is holding back, everything from being slow while going up a hill to keep control to being lazy is sandbagging.
>>
>>46492656
Good question.
If you're not in ECS but take the Polity Agent perk, then you can either work with them as a kind of freelance contractor, or a sponsoring organisation (like a collection of high-level AIs, very rich corporations/ Separatists or the Prador king) is giving you an equivalent amount of authority.
>>
File: Super Something.jpg (144 KB, 994x763) Image search: [Google]
Super Something.jpg
144 KB, 994x763
>>46492774
Im still amused they basically turned Superman into a super robot by basically giving him the Kaiser Nova

Like it's straight up the Kaiser Nova https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8IhwNIP07k
>>
>>46492845
Way out of date on DC stuff, but didn't he lose like 90% of his power right after getting that ability, then go on a cross-country road trip or something?
>>
File: 1457237406192.jpg (110 KB, 445x720) Image search: [Google]
1457237406192.jpg
110 KB, 445x720
>>46492895
yes bu t he's alright now
>>
>>46492895
According to >Wikiped he basically loses his powers for 24 hours until he recharges from sunlight
>>
File: Enkidu.png (289 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Enkidu.png
289 KB, 480x480
Jump 12 Bartimaeus
Origin: Magician (200)
T&L: Sumer
Drawbacks (500): A jaunt through history, Rocks Fall, Wanted

Perks
Rules Lawyering (Free): Makes me great at tabletops too.
A Magician's Basics (300): In which I become smarter and a bit of a physical boost.
Might Makes Right (750): I just really want to summon spirits, okay?
The Great Enchanter (900): Items! Unfortunate they happen to be fueled by the suffering of outsiders.
So That's Whats In A Name (1200): It's a nametag for everyone.
No Restrictions On Age, Only Talent (1300): Hilarity will ensue in later jumps.

Gear
The Library (1500): Magical lore, and it shall be mine! Great tutor across jumps acquired.

Good thing I'm an immortal demon race or the whole age issue might be a deal breaker. I'll be wandering around ancient Sumer while fending off a huge rock lobster and dodging temporally displaced British lords and ladies and on occasion giving a practical demonstration of OOC evocation. When I get that squared away or reasonably handled, well I'm not really sure. Long time here to brush up on magic of all stripes, hang out with historical people, and generally scare small children by being a huge friendly demon man who can't be tamed like "other" monsters. Might help humanity out now and again, maybe.

To the jumpmaker, would taking A Spirit's Power let you see into the various planes? No age roll in the jump? Will summoning continue to function as it does out of jump? Does a lack of black tea fatally weaken temporally displaced British nobles like being on the physical plane is for spirits?
>>
>>46492841
Cool. Next question, given the ECS Epsilon-class Starship mentions "workshops and laboratories", how would those rate compared to the PSR (Physical Study & Research) Bot?
>>
File: antismileral.jpg (13 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
antismileral.jpg
13 KB, 236x200
>>46491649
Thanks! Have a build.

Drawbacks: Black Box, Dragon's Meddling, Spatterjay (1600)

Spatterjay, Year 3056

Researcher, Age 33, "Human"

Life-Coven Education (Free)
Unlikely Alternatives (1500)
Biotechnician (1200)
Prototyper (600)
Planetary Almanac, Local Edition (Free)
I need a sample, please! (400)
Enemy of my Enemy (200)
Let's be civilised (100)
Open Mind (0)

No U-space shadow, thanks. If a civilisation is advanced enough to meaningfully threaten our logistic chains, it's probably smart enough to reverse engineer the phenomena from any technology we field with it.

We have some ideas for modifying it to run on our own existing subspace tech. Digitsation network relays, dimensional mana leyline hubs, imaginary number quantum lathes calibrated with Correspondence-throwing all our reverse engineering tricks at the wall and seeing what sticks will be an adventure in itself.

We should have some words with the AI overlords to advise them on social policy. Specifically, have they heard the good news of their Lord and Savior? And how would they like a prepackaged Path to Victory? This could be some a NICE intergalactic hegemony if only we could squash those Separatists flat, make crab salad out of the neighbours and recruit the Jain. To that end, we're loaning them some of our digitised demons for a little while.

Really, our best option for dealing with those malignant AIs is to just let them capture one of our avatars, start analysing us and wait for the combined power of HBFS, Cyberdidact, Will of the User, Hardened Cosmosphere, the Shikiomi Mindscape and the Ouroboros System to recruit them as worshipful zealots carrying out our will.
>>
File: antispiraltinysmile.jpg (21 KB, 300x415) Image search: [Google]
antispiraltinysmile.jpg
21 KB, 300x415
>>46492952
>spoiler

You could always try importing from China? There's been evidence for proto-tea being developed there from prehistoric times. They'll probably have called it something else, though.
>>
>>46492962
It's a fairly big difference.
The PSR is something you find on dedicated science research vessels, while the Epsilon-class is (essentially) an armed transport.

The labs on the Epsilon-class have a couple of standard (non-portable) autodocs, but they're designed for treating wounded or sick personnel or emergency quarantine, not xenoarchaeology.
The workshops are designed so that the ship AI can repair itself and its drones/Golems and produce personal equipment for passengers, not create groundbreaking new materials and nanotech.

Of course, nothing is stopping you from retrofitting the Epsilon's labs with a PSR or "proper" research gear.

>>46493230
Neat; sounds like Penny Royal will be extremely surprised.
>>
>>46493334
Is Penny Royal the nice kind of AI or more like SHODAN anyway?
>>
>>46493354
The words "complete disregard for inferior life forms" come to mind. It won't go out of its way to kill people, it just has a "these creatures are no longer relevant to me" attitude.
>>
File: Alice.png (365 KB, 364x690) Image search: [Google]
Alice.png
365 KB, 364x690
>>46491649
What a coincidence that I just reached the space where I planed The Polity to go.
Jump #13: The Polity
http://pastebin.com/GaGJm7D6
This seems like a pretty nice vacation Jump, though the Princess Bride wasn't all that stressful to begin with. I'll spend most of the ten years wandering around, making my way as an explorer of the unexplored regions of the universe, along with trying to buy and/or download as many books, schematics, prototypes, and Technical Specs as possible for later use.
>>
>>46493444
Oh, sound like it'll get along with ASA well after that little misunderstanding and mindbreak.
>>
>>46492059
>>46492196
Speak of the devil, and I appear.

> Changelog
> Drawbacks added
> Additional Items and Perks
> Lots of grammer/spelling/rewording

> To Do
> Finish Drop In perks, Tango items, and others I forgot.
> Notes section
> Normal and Gauntlet Scenarios

It will likely be a couple of weeks until I get it fully finalized. As always, feedback is appreciated and taken into consideration. Ideas for perks and items will be shamelessly stolen if good.
>>
Are there any 'combine your powers' perks other than the one in Young Justice?

Does the one in Young Justice work with magic?

With the science perks from Transformers can you learn to make technology that can turn from cassette size to giant robot size?

Does your transformers body benefit from the perks you have? Things like strength or durability perk.

General question, do such perks work on cybernetics?

Do telekinetic perk stack by default, or do you have to fanwank it or use all of them at once?
>>
>>46493444
Question for the Jain Node purchase. Is it going to screw you over during the jump?
>>
>>46493996
This is in fact my final form
Sword art online
lets you combine alt forms and use powers in any form

Conjoined conjures
Cardcaptor Sakura
lets you combine multiple magic systems
>>
Ninja anon don't forget to add crystal style
>>
>>46493996
>Are there any 'combine your powers' perks other than the one in Young Justice?
Only a few that are restricted in some ways, Dual Art from Castlevania lets you combine spells together and eventually combine different magical and spiritual abilities together. Conjoined Conjures from Cardcaptor Sakura combines two magic systems you know together in part creating a new system from them, and grants you the ability to combine further magic systems together in a similar fashion. Temple of Thought from Binbougami allows you to combine spiritual non magical systems.

>Do telekinetic perk stack by default, or do you have to fanwank it or use all of them at once?
You can fanwank them stacking by default, though some would be kind of awkward to suggest combing that way. Such as being a psyker in 40k does include telekinetic powers, but it's really closer to being a magic system so saying it stacks with psychic powers is rather a stretch. Though most kinds of psychic powers have been treated in thread as just stacking directly, and we don't really have any perks that I can think of that would combine psychic systems anyway, nor can I think of any setting where such a perk would make sense.
>>
>>46491649
Can you buy any of the Companion options twice? E.g. if I wanted to have a pair of Bodyguards?
>>
>>46494004
Much like a grenade, it depends how you use it.
If you don't use it carefully and just stick it in your mouth and hope for the best, it will screw you over.
If you carefully analyse before trying to use it, like the canon "good guy Jain user", then then no, it won't.

>>46494255
Yes, you can buy companion options multiple times.
>>
110. Wuxia
Origin: Drop-In, Age: 24
Basic Martial Arts: Aikido (-100), Drunken Fist, Southern Dragon Style (-100)
Advanced Martial Arts: Aromatherapy (-200), Pressure Points (-300)
Mystical Martial Arts: Adaptability (-400)
Artefacts and Allies: Riyu Jingu Bang (-300)
Drawbacks: Celestial Audit (+100), Dishonor to the School (+300)

I've missed the Celestial Bureaucracy, and still owe them a lot since Percy Jackson. It's been just a couple centuries over a millennium since I last had to deal with their special brand of anal retentiveness. I'd honestly started to miss it, just a little. Never again will I, because the voices I've dubbed Jammy and Fucko have forced me onto some sort of quest to regain the honor of the Drunken Fist from a very angry drunk that didn't get the whole Alcohol Tolerance part of the training down. Everything is an opportunity to fight with this guy, and he's not exactly shy about killing people.

Do you know what kind of secret killer technique a bunch of old men come up with after several jugs of rice wine? I'm disgusted, horrified, and intrigued all at once. I'm also pretty grateful that I have redundant organs and life support systems installed, because he tried using it on me. It hurt anyway. It hurt a lot.

I chased my foe across all of China, voices yapping at me the whole way. When the time finally came, I did the worst thing I could think of: I removed his body's ability to get drunk and gave him arthritis. Sobriety and pain, forever. Also, some jailtime. Maybe he'll get better, if he focuses on healing rather than hurting.

Anyway, Chimmy was my best friend here. He knows a lot of the style's around here already, and the only thing stopping him from being a Youxia was that the genres we were in didn't support it. He's a millennium old Kung Fu master with the blood of Sun Wukong in him and a hysterically narrow focus on friendship, sex, and his martial arts training. I benefited a lot from his tutelage.
>>
If you buy the Dumb AI from Halo, what happens if you use Cheat Mode on it from Minecraft?
>>
File: bringmetolife.jpg (16 KB, 605x146) Image search: [Google]
bringmetolife.jpg
16 KB, 605x146
>>46494603
>a bunch of old men come up with after several jugs of rice wine
>their special brand of anal retentiveness

OH GOD NO
>>
>>46489280
Freaking Perun as well? Seriously?
>>
>>46494947
Supposedly.
>>
>>46494986
On one hand, wow. That's a lot of distance to cover.

On the other, does actually make sense. Slavs couldn't just appear out of nowhere.
>>
>>46493625
... wow. I've only seen a couple of the Ryan movies, but it looks like you're much more of an afficianado. My head is full of painkillers at the moment, though, I'll read through it some more later.
>>
>>46489790
relating to this, how valid would you guys say it would be, if someone was to stay behind in wrath of asura, and then use the Generic Fighting Game jump as a Street Fighter jump to get out 870 million years later?
>>
>>46492952
yes, the age roll thing wasmore an oversight than anything else. I'll take care of it as soon as I go back to it after getting done on my Vamp Diaries jump.

ASP lets you do anything a spirit can do, so that's a yes on the planes thing

summoning, yeah. you can fanwank it as causing some 'turbulence' if you want to make things harder, but it comes rather firmly under 'jumpchan makes it work'
the tea thing...sure, if you want. Why not.
>>
>>46496160
Completely invalid, for multiple reasons. Jumps aren't linked unless they specifically say they are. Just because there's a noncanon crossover between Asura's Wrath and Street Fighter doesn't mean you can get from one jump to the other. Even assuming that you were treating that as canon, you wouldn't be in the Generic Fighting Game jump, you'd be in Street Fighter. And it wouldn't matter if you did somehow get to the Generic Fighting Game jump, because by choosing to stay behind you would be giving up your status as a jumper, and wouldn't be allowed to continue on your path. You'd just be in Street Fighter then, no more multiverse jumping.
>>
>>46496239
huh? it says right there in the Asura's Wrath jump that you can get out through the Street Fighter jump, if and when one is made. All I'm asking is if it's possible to treat the Generic Fighting Game jump as a makeshift Street Fighter jump.
>>
>>46496245
Huh. Missed that bit. I'd say the answer is still no, though. Generic Fighting Game is too generic to count. Also, that clause is stupid in a lot of ways, why did Muyo Anon put that in? You shouldn't get to stop being a jumper then get it back later.
>>
>>46496245
Even when a Street Fighter jump is made, Muyo has no authority to make decisions on other jumps like that.
>>
>>46496160
No, Asura's Wrath states it has to be a Street Fighter jump. GFG isn't that.
>>
>>46496207
age roll is in place now. 1d8+10 for mortals, 1d4+1000 for spirits
>>
File: curious.gif (479 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
curious.gif
479 KB, 500x281
So. Is anyone familiar at all with Tower of God?

1. The wiki is a little sparse but-has there been any clue on how the Thorn Forged to Kill Kings was created? Apparently there were rumors Enryu can create life from shinshoo-which sounds like a dead ringer for either Geneforge or Metaphysical Biology-but nothing concrete. Assuming you bought the Thorn, what other ideas would be a good way to tinker with it? Given the nature of shinshoo as a sort of ambient life energy, would using Temple of Thought to fuse it with AT-Fields help any by sourcing S2 Engines as a template for replicating the Thorn's funtions?

2. One of the reasons we invested in both biotech and combinative technologies is because we're looking to fuse an Exsphere with onesuch replica. What kind of consequences could come from an item that induces a berserk state being combined with an item that nulls emotions? And could it possibly interfere with the recombinant item's development into an Angelus Stone?

As for why we're doing this-suffice to say after fusing the Sanakan Soul technolog with the Demon Summoning Program, we're looking for other ways to upgrade our summons apart from granting them the powers of a Level 9 Safeguard since despite being incarnated aspects of reality, SMT demons seem to be vulnerable to attacks by Japanese children.

Okay, so Protag was Abel. Atsuro was a techie, maybe he learned how to use the COMP really quickly. But there's no excuse for being beaten up by Yoohoo, dammit
>>
>>46496239
>Non-cannon
>Ending places it in the same universe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYIdGNEvr0s
Uhuh...
>>
>>46496376
And yet no other source ever acknowledges that. It's there as a treat, like Tekken x Street Fighter, not to seriously state that they share the same universe. Pretty sure that the entire planet being ripped apart or smashed by giants or having gigantic battles would not result in the world of street fighter, which is geographically identical to our earth.
>>
>>46496376
I'm not seeing any Street Fighter, here. Some aesthetic similarities, but that seems more like a cute little shout-out that confirmation that it's actually in the same universe. For one thing, that's "870 million years later", and Street Fighter, being in a world like ours, didn't have humans 870 million years in its past.
>>
>>46496399
870 million years, dude. Lots of time for things to back to how they used to be.
Regardless, verification by multiple sources simpy isn't needed. The canon ending is proof that it is the Street Fighter universe, it doesn't require yours or mine or anyone else's approval. Is a fact of canon.
>>
>>46496416
We didn'teven have dinosaurs back then. Hell, at best we had trilobites.
>>
>>46496425
>>46496429
and we're all ninja wizard fighters today, aren't we?
oh wait...
>>
>>46496425
Doesn't look like it to me. Aside from a female cop with a similar hair style to Chun Li, I'm not seeing anything else Street Fighter here.
>>
>>46496425
>>46496434
What's your proof of it being street fighter? Chun Li making one appearance, in which she's incorrectly portrayed? She's an interpol agent, not a beat cop in New York. It's there as a cameo, not canon.
>>
Getting a little off-topic here, guys. Not complaining, just feel it needs to be said.

>>46496425
Well, setting >>46496416 aside the fact remains jump histories are considered strictly separate from each other unless there's a +0CP drawback denoting continuity with each other. And even then, your background resets your age so you can't carry over age.

And as said before-Generic Fighting Game simply isn't Street Fighter so that's a double moot point.
>>
When is this thing ending?
>>
>>46496437
wow. I don't know what to say to that...
if you're going to be willfully blind...
>>
>>46496447
Well, give us proof anon. All you have is someone that looks like Chun Li, but very evidently is not the actual person.
>>
>>46496446
What thing? Jumpchain? The Street Fighter argument? The thread?
>>
>>46496446
>>46496444
yeah, okay. When my chain gets there. I may go one way or the other, but I won't bother anyone here anymore.
>>
>>46496463
All of it.
>>
>>46496447
I'm not being willfully blind, there's no intentional ignoring details here. If I am ignoring something, I'd like you to point it out to me. All I'm seeing is that initial shot of reincarnated Asura punching a dude being posed similar to the Street Fighter 2 opening cutsceene, and the aforementioned Chun Li cameo. Neither of those are necessarily anything other than a little nod from the studio. Is there something else that I'm missing? I genuinely want to know if there is.
>>
>>46496465
I was about to point out >>46496285 made my point more sufficiently than I ever could but eh, if you're just keeping your chain to yourself nobody cares what you do, go nuts.

>>46496469
When you grow a pair and shoot yourself in the head, then.
>>
>>46496429
We didn't even have those. 875 million years ago would be right in the middle of the Tonian period of the Neoproterozoic Era. Multicellular life didn't exist until the Ediacaran period, some 200 million years later.
>>
>>46496488
You also need pointed out that people can't rule on jumps of other people. Doesn't matter that it says Street Fighter, long as Muyo doesn't make Street Fighter, he doesn't get to say you can use Asura's Wrath to go there.
>>
>>46496469
The chain never ends. No matter what your final goal is, there is always another link to be made on the way.
>>
>>46496494
I think part of the reason was Muyo was planning on doing Street Fighter before he left/vanished/was eaten by a grue.
>>
>>46496522
Could be, though I never heard that he was planning to do it personally. Last I heard before he left, it was Rebuild that was next up. Either way, doesn't change the outcome.
>>
>>46496554
I recall there actually being quite a few jumps that he had claimed, including God of War, that he did actually hand off to Red before he turned out the lights. Though I don't know how much it came up in thread I do recall talk about it in IRC.
>>
>>46496588
I absolutely don't remember any of them so-it seems like a moot point when Muyo himself has clearly left for greener pastures.
>>
>>46496625
It's a shame. The Rebuild jump was going to let us buy the AAA Wunder. I wanted that thing. As confusing a mess as 3.33 was, the Wunder was a damn cool ship.
>>
>>46496646
Well, you know how it is. The path less taken and all that. I assume Rebuild of Evangelion is open to anyone to take now it's obvious Muyo has no intention of ever coming back? I mean, it's almost been a year.
>>
>>46496522
That guy from the Undersiders sure gets around. Are we sure he's not secretly a Companion of Val's?
>>
>>46496686
>undersiders
>Val

I don't get it
>>
>>46496695
I've no idea what he's on about other than maybe that Val is from Australia.
>>
>>46496695
Grue is also the cape name of a parahuman in the Worm setting who uses darkness powers in a fight. Val's jumper is a cannibal. Thus, my lame attempt at a joke.
>>
>>46496695
She's a CanniVal
>>
>>46496686
He's actually not named after that kind of grue, at least in-universe. "Grue" is an Old English word for "unnerving", thus the word "gruesome", so according to Wildbow that was the name Brian chose because he wanted to have a touch of class by using archaic words. Of course, Wildbow is well known for making shit up on the spot in response to fan commentary, so the reference probably was what he was going for from an out of character perspective.
>>
Is anyone making a Demonbane jump?
>>
>>46496769
No. Nor should anyone.
>>
>>46496769
No and even if it was made, it'd be a end jump for certain. That's not even including the sequels.
>>
>>46496769
No, for the same reason there is no I Am The Benefactor Now And My Former Benefactor Is My Waifu Who Receives CP From Me jump.
>>
>>46496799
If there's a Dragonball jump there can be a Demonbane jump
>>
>>46496823

...I literally don't understand your logic there. Or why you haven't responded to the other people who have told you no.
>>
>>46496823
Dragonball jump is also an endjump. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>46496840
So make Demonbane an endjump.
>>
>>46496769
a long time ago I claimed the then abandoned Super Robot Wars jump, I messed up pretty bad and the anon who made it wound up coming back because of this, I'm bringing this up because I've got a reputation for being one of the most power-hungry folks in in this thread and I was worse back then, but even
I was sure to include the note "No Demonbane whatsoever ever!" It's a bad idea and make every other jump irrelevant, you know what a run becomes if you allow Demonbane, it's going to be all super robot jumps so people get better at piloting super robots so they can take their super robot and import it into Demonbane to take on that universe.
>>
>>46496843
Well, I'm certainly not going to do it. What little I've heard of that LN sounds like it has no appeal beyond giving powerlevelfags an aneurysm and taking power fantasies to their logical extreme.

But given you're only replying to select posters I'm guessing you're fishing for responses so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>46496823
I don't recall anyone in Dragonball ever breaking barriers holding the multiverse apart so they could attack their infinitely-large foe with every version of them that could exist anywhere. Granted, I haven't watched the movies.
>>
>>46496865
Goku's hair turns red, then blue, and it still isn't enough to beat a walking Siamese cat god. Also Frieza turns gold from doing pushups and loses because he forgot leg day again
>>
>>46496888
also a little reminder about that cat.
>>
File: cookie monster wtf.png (107 KB, 459x356) Image search: [Google]
cookie monster wtf.png
107 KB, 459x356
>>46496915
mind=blown
>>
What are some jumps to get immunity to precognition from?
>>
>>46497164
Worm has one so strong you're even resistant to mundane attempts to predict your actions. I know there are a lot of others, but that's pretty much game best.
>>
>>46497458
that's the free one right?
>>
>>46497458
It's being changed in the update, so I'd rather not rely on that one. And before you get all up in arms, this was talked about many months ago now.
>>
>>46497511
Spanner in the works costs 600cp. The free one only protects against entity/shard precog, so it's limited to in-universe threats like Contessa.
>>
>>46497164
DnD MindBlank spell.
>>
>>46497164
Dune has a good one too. It's a bitch to get, but protects from prescience and similar methods used, in past, present, and future.
>>
>>46496328
Synchronizer be BS, yo.
>>
Is there anything else like Macguffin from Generic Dungeon Crawl that lets you negate a drawback or gain more points in another jump?
>>
So, I was going through last thread, noticed a bit about the Maker post-spark reward from Darksiders... And checked the jump. I am now confused.

Why do people latch onto making new universes, instead of creating new laws of reality, or unique forms of magic?

I mean, making new universes is already something Oldwalkers do natively, without needing any extra powers.
>>
>>46497805
It doesn't negate a drawback through, just allows you to circumvent it if you're creative. You can do that with any powers that would be applicable.

>gain more points in another jump?
No. Just no.
>>
>>46497870
because most folks aren't creative enough to devise such things.
>>
>>46496328
>1.
We don't really know yet. Early on the translators were translating the extra info that gave details on the world, following the trend of korean authors not putting the important background info inside the actual story. Then translation teams switched and new ones didn't give a fuck about translating it.

What little we do know of Enryu is that he is a "Min-maxer" who can create life due to bullshit regarding shinsoo unique to him. Considering the thorn's origins are still a MYSTERY, it is still going through bizarre power ups, and the unlikelyhood of learning anything anytime soon...wank and hope for the best or learn korean. Or make a friend/acquaintance who'll look things up for you as a favor/on the cheap.
>>
so...a Vampire Diaries jump? Anyone interested in collaborating to make one?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1poGn9F4Zj9BD4aTjGqyQDI3QuslCeSwwA20tmUY2UB8/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>46497983
link allows edit, so plz play nice
>>
>>46497983
Isn't that the twilight-lite CW show that only teen girls watch?
>>
>>46498017
twilight-lite? yeah. only teen girls...meh, it's not ENTIRELY unwatchable. Cool powers, though, hence my interest
>>
>>46497870
Much as I am loath to agree with the thing that responded to you first, he's right. Most people just are not freaking creative, and so the 'make new universes' is the biggest bit.

And then you have others that just try to squash discussion on it entirely because "it's post spark nobody cares about post-spark it's lame and wanky."
>>
File: Fire Emblem Fates Jump.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fire Emblem Fates Jump.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Been playing Fates and really enjoyed it, which gave me some motivation to create this.

As a warning, there are most definitely spoilers for the game in here.
>>
>>46498131
There's also that big thing about it being completely made up as a bonus too. Like pretty much all of the post spark bonuses in Darksiders.
>>
>>46498212
>Been playing Fates and really enjoyed it
Brother!

And this? This is so, so beautiful. Writing now.
>>
>>46496416
This feels like denial.
>>
>>46498017
I don't watch the show, and I haven't read the books, but if anything twilite is the lite version of the vampire diaries, considering those books debuted in 1991. But whatever, semantics.

And if you're actually curious, then 20% of the viewrship are apparently guys, and 80% are adults.

If you're not curious.. can we not say something vaugley dismissive when someone offers to make a new jump for us? Not trying to start anything, or spark an argument or whatever - I'm just tired and faintly annoyed and therefore figure rambling on the internet is a good idea.
>>
File: antspiralhuman.jpg (12 KB, 292x165) Image search: [Google]
antspiralhuman.jpg
12 KB, 292x165
>>46498212
Huh, that's a change from the image jumps. Still, looks nice!

>Paths

Can you just...sorta try to convince everyone to do your own thing or strike out on your own or are these the destiny kind of destiny? And if destiny is destiny, can you change it with a destiny-immunity perk?

>Dragon blood

Exactly what does "altering battlefield conditions" entail? Is it a strategising skill, or an actuall buff/debuff magic?

>Spendthrift

To clarify, does spending more coins at once boost your stats or does it extend the duration of the original boost? Hypothetically what if one had a bag of limitless gold coins?

>Grisly Wounds

Does it simply make your natural weapons more durable? The rest sounds like things teeth & claws do normally anyway

>Astral Realm

It's a little unclear; for future jumps does it give you the innate ability to travel into otherworlds or just insight into what the best ways to get their like existing portals?

>Einherjar

Are they sentient? Exactly how good a replica are they? I don't know what a manakete is. How involved and complex is the creation process in making them?

>Cherry Blossom Grove/Black Rose Garden

If you purchase both, are they a combined unit, separate or can you choose?

>4th Verse

Can another perform it, or only one with the Singer background? Hypothetically could you record it and have it played on a device, or must it be a sentient (biomechanical?) AI that gives the song its' sacrificial power?

As a whole it looks really cool, though. I've never gotten into Fire Emblem but this definitely gives a feel for what the game must be like so-nice work!

>>46497949
Ah. Alright then, back to the drawing board. Best to wait and see how things play out in canon, and there's surely plenty of other options to think of in the meantime.

>>46497670
NO
EXCUSE
>>
>>46490463
Were you gone for a moment? We had a couple of threads where there was little ranting about this shit even when we did talk about SB.

Are you leaving again anytime soon?
>>
>>46496680
He outright said he'd still make that one.
>>
>>46497870
Aesthetic ethics. As a Jumper, I've come to value the unique beauty of the universes I visit, and their uniqueness. Modifying the laws of those universes by adding my own would be like gilding the lily. Better to start fresh.
>>
>>46498449
Oh look, still no proof. How about that.
>>
>>46498212
>[Free] Deep Trouble:

I laughed.

This looks good, though I still think the game is crap.
>>
>>46497983
Here's the thing anon, JC doesn't use collaborative open google docs to make jumps. If we collab, it's in private.
>>
>>46497870
Personally I think it's kind of oool-ish because in my mind the Jumpchain multiverse/omniverse/thing isn't set out like it is in MtG and therefore I'm not becoming an Oldwalker (and thus will not have their powers).

Largley this head canon exists because I know almost nothing about MtG/Oldwalkes, don't particularly want to learn, and the things I do know don't make for an interesting story in my mind.
>>
>>46498212
Hey come on, it's Fire Emblem, there should be waifu options.
>>
>>46498481
Forgive me for using common sense but-it's been almost a year and he's shown neither hide nor hair of himself. Isn't it reasonable to assume he's moved on completely instead of letting the jump stay in the limbo of not being made?
>>
>>46498556
>wanting waifu options for Fates

But no-one's worth it, anon.
>>
>>46498575
No
>>
>>46498580
Are you serious? You get two cute big sisters and two cute little sisters who aren't actually related so it's okay who want your dragon dick, and you're telling me they're not worth it.
>>
>>46498589
Why not? I'm not saying this should turn into some sort of race but-fuck's sake, 8+ months seems a bit extreme to wait for something on a Lithuanian engraving website.
>>
>>46498604
Yes I'm serious. I just don't much care for any of the characters. And there ARE options, they just aren't specific to waifus. So just use that. Though I did make that post before I saw-

>[+0] Avatar

Which makes everything easier. Just wait until Fake Dad calls, then blast the throne room with enough holy magic to level the fucking castle.
>>
>>46498638
The only option I see is Peacekeeper that only lets you companion the butlers/maids.
>>
>>46498651
There is Loving Companion and Fated Companion for Hoshido and Nohr respectively.

>>46498212
>[+500] Silence and Blood, Madness and Pride

I'm not really seeing any incentive to take this. Nothing in the Jump is expensive enough that you would need both 500 DBs, and the other is much more enticing just for the chance to kill Grima again.
>>
>>46498686
I see. There's two at least. Too bad no bulk buy though.
>>
>>46498451
>Paths
The paths aren't so much about destiny as what choice the Avatar character will make without intervention. No destiny perk required, but their initial choice could cause tensions with whichever family/families they reject and make it harder for the Avatar to recruit them to their cause. (Such recruitment probably being impossible without intervention.) Basically the choice may set things in motion but there is not destiny keeping it trapped there.

>Dragon blood
Replacing areas of loose sand with grasslands, creating winds to deter flying foes, drying out a river to let your troops cross it. Mostly terraforming effects that can be used to strategic effect.

>Spendthrift
You can only spend one coin at a time for the boost, the perk won't take another until the duration expires. I envy your hypothetical bag of infinite gold and hypothetically you'd probably get the normal advantages, as much as I'd like to rule that magic gold wouldn't count.

>Grisly Wounds
Not only does it make your natural weapons more durable, but more likely to leave lasting injury. Essentially it lets you do greater damage than normal with your fangs, claws, or tentacles.

>Astral Realm
Unfortunately it's more of a navigation perk than any ability to instantly access other worlds. It will help you find the portals and safely get to destinations using them.

>Einherjar
They can understand and carry out orders, but any emotion they show is just preprogrammed based on whatever they're modelled after, they don't actually feel. A manakete is the usual term for draconic characters from previous installments in the series. While quite complex having the perk creating your own Einherjar should be intuitive, though having a model to base them off of is likely necessary.

>Cherry Blossom Grove/Black Rose Garden
Your choice.
>>
>>46498686
>just for the chance to kill Grima again.
Nevermind, didn't see the part about only using powers from the jump, there is no fucking way I'm fighting Grima who is holding a grudge and Crazy Dragon Dad without Dragon Slayer Magic.
>>
>>46498451
>4th Verse
Only those with the singer background, there may be a genetic trait required. It needed the singer to share Anankos' bloodline as well as have tremendous strength of spirit. If it requires a life but there is likely [magic mumbo-jumbo] preventing non-living things from using it or

>>46498686
>Silence and Blood, Madness and Pride
I suppose I can understand that complaint. Personally I thought writing from the perspective of the soul portion being led back to interact with soulless portion would be interesting. Any ideas for how to- >>46498759
So you think they're on equal footing in horribleness?
>>
>>46488765
I don't know if it's really worth a bump. Maybe you could pop someone's artery, but in the same timeframe, most of the Omega powers would let you take out a dozen othér people just as easily.
>>
>>46498811
I haven't gotten to the end of Fates yet, so I don't know how bad Crazy Dragon Dad is as a final boss. Although you would have to account for the general nerfing to your characters in Fates. As it stands now, I would say Grima is worse.

... Oh you meant the Drawbacks! Oh no, Worlds Collide is very fine, I was just saying /I/ would never take it.
>>
>>46498841
Perhaps the issue is that the other powers can be resisted by durability, but this one is basically an instant kill to anything biological?
>>
>>46498857
...yeah, that makes sense. I just woke up, so I think I misunderstood what they were saying.

I'll add a note that you can't affect living things internally.
>>
>>46498841
>take out a dozen othér people
Shift around a wide, thin plane of space at about average neck height, instantly kill or cripple everyone of average height within range, which the perk suggests is at least a mile (maybe more, since you're narrowing the other dimensions of the ability to boost the radius). Adjust height as desired for varying levels of damage and maximum targeting.
>>
>>46498857
Sounds more like worm wank to me.

>>46498889
So it can shrink them but not say cut them in half?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.