[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 16
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 500x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 500x516
Non-Format edition.

Whatcha building?
What is your kitchen casual group like?
Anyone planning to chip in to a group pool for a SOI booster box?
>>
My kitchen table group is so casual it hurts. Mostly a bunch of timmy's with no regard to mana curve and cards that actually work together.
>>
Cardboard crack is the gayest shit.
>>
>>46486255
>Whatcha building?
Mono-red control
>What is your kitchen casual group like?
They're alright. They have some weird house rules but they're fun to play with
>Anyone planning to chip in to a group pool for a SOI booster box?
Nope, we're drafting on Friday though
>>
>>46486255
>Whatcha building?
SOI Jace deck with TITI, horrors, and a few counters to keep him safe long enough to get his emblem.
None of my friends play Magic
I might nab a SOI or EMN booster box for my birthday. Since Eldrazi Moon hits shelves on my birthday, that one is most likely to be the one I'll get. unless the cards are Avacyn Restored-tier
>>
>>46486255
>Whatcha building?
R/U Aggro burn deck. All it's missing is like 6 SOI cards and it'll be a solid T1 deck.
They're alright. Just some completely unbalanced house rules that favor some decks over others. Like someone thought it would be a good idea to "speed up the game" by allowing someone to skip their entire next turn to draw 5 cards.
Already was planning to do that. My group is already buying a $90 SOI booster box split 4 ways. 9 packs a piece will give us way a statistical certainty that each of us will most likely pull a mythic and a foil (maybe a foil mythic?).
>>
>>46489962
>Already was planning to do that. My group is already buying a $90 SOI booster box split 4 ways. 9 packs a piece will give us way a statistical certainty that each of us will most likely pull a mythic and a foil (maybe a foil mythic?).
I'm doing the same except my group is 3 people. Anyone have a good place online to order a box of non-repacked boosters for the cheapest price possible?
>>
>Whatcha building?
Some sort of red/black janky aggro with some blue control splashed in.
Don't have one. I'm getting back in after ten years, and haven't found any group yet.
>Nope, I'm probably gonna stick to buying boosters
>>
Current shitbrews:

>BG Elf Tribal
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-02-16-elf-tribal/

>Sun Titan Jank Combo/Control(?)
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sunny-t/

>WIP Mono W Enchantments. Fun but doesn't perform well in playtests
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-04-16-enchantments/

>Ceta Hunt, because Temur Hunt is for weenies
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ceta-hunt/

>Old, old jank
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/enduring-injury/
>>
>>46492528
>Temur Hunt is for weenies
But their whole thing is big creatures, the opposite of weenies.
>>
>>46492546
I'm referring to IRL weenies, those limp-wristed, weak-willed nerds unwilling to take true risks and live a Man's Life.
>>
>>46492705
I think this is, ironically, the exact opposite of Temur characterization
>>
File: image.png (883 KB, 1066x401) Image search: [Google]
image.png
883 KB, 1066x401
4 frost titan
2 wildfire
4 Annex
4 dreamleash
4 pyroclasm
4 Fellwar stone
4 izzet signet
4 manaleak
4 spreading seas
4 Stone rain

4 shovan reef
6 mountains
10 islamds
2 temples

Thoughts??
>>
File: Abzan Human Deck List.png (36 KB, 709x433) Image search: [Google]
Abzan Human Deck List.png
36 KB, 709x433
>>46486255
>Whatcha building?
I updated my Abzan Human Deck, see pic related. It's designed for multiplayer and does well in one on one. I am hoping tireless trackers clue tokens help with draw power one of the main things the deck lacks since I use charm more for kill than drawing.

My group is filled with some awesome MTG player and awesome friends, they useally play modern, Legacy, and pauper. For our causal games we have two rules.
1. Modern ban list (with some extermely few exceptions, depending on the deck)
2. Certain modern cards are banned like abrupt decay, Path, CoCo. These are cards we all agreed would be too powerful for the current decks we have.
I already pre ordered two boxes and we plan to draft as soon as possible. We found a card store that if we bring 8 people, they will fire a draft for us. But I also plan to have a huge Bloodborne/SOI party with dinner, wine, and decorations were we draft to this sick sound track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bki0PjoV14M
>>
>>46496626
>screenshor of tappedout
>instead of just a link
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46486255
Trying to put together an artifact cube, so far a 360 one with plans of expansion later.
Here's the current version:
http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/52036
It is by far still a wip and I would love some suggestions and opinions.
Disclaimer: there are no things like swordxfoundy combo yet since I'd like to keep such things down in a small cube, the powerlevel will increase upon expansion.
>>
Not exactly. I personally picked up a couple boxes. Going to host a league within my group with them. Going to take 0 profit on it too. All "profit" is going towards prize support.
>>
>>46490075
Tcgplayer desu.
>>
This is just a quick question, because I don't understand how the format works, but since it's mass evasion, would this be a partial bomb in draft?
>>
I just want speculators to die. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>46500501
Very unlikely to be a "bomb" as the effect is too situational.
It could well help you win in a reg/green stompy deck though.

2/5 for limited.
>>
Final fortune and sundial. Already had the isochron scepters. Putting a remand on a scepter feels too good.
>>
File: IMG_0319.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0319.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
anyone else collect packs

how many can you name just from the side view
>>
>>46488792
>Mono-red control
holy shit someone else is brewing that nonsense? my nigga!
>>
File: Skred.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Skred.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>46501185
Mono-red control is actually a decently competitive deck in modern, anon.
>>
>>46501512
If by "decently competitive" you mean "technically a deck you could play" then yes, skred is "decently competitive" in modern
>>
File: Wisdom 12.jpg (39 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
Wisdom 12.jpg
39 KB, 500x348
>>46488274
No, I think you're thinking of a fecal transplant. Cardboard crack is its own thing.
>>
>>46500795
Alright. I'm still trying to figure out what "wins games" actually means, in the grand scheme. I'm comfortable playing white so far as my limited experience goes, so no card really 'wins' games on its own to me. It's all about creatures working in concert. Thalia's Lieutenant, to me, isn't a bomb.
>>
>>46486255
RB vampire deck, 99% SOI since I just got back into the game after about six or seven years.

Here's the deck I'm planning if anyone cares to look.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shadows-of-innistrad-vampires/
>>
My Burning Vengeances just arrived, I now just need the 4x Geistflames to rebuild my old INN/RTR self-mill burn deck. THOUGHT SCOUR ON ME AHOOOY

>>46500623
Not really, that's my dream too
>>
>>46502474
Oh shit I accidentally deleted it
>>
>>46502336
avacyn is a white card that wins games. if you can play a card and have that one card carry you to victory it is a bomb. sometimes bombs get answered and don't deliver, but they will demand that answer on penalty of a huge swing in the game. sometimes bombs do require other cards to win, but if those other cards are either "any cards," "creature cards," or a broad enough subset of cards (i.e. well supported tribe or set mechanic) then it's still a bomb.

bombs are almost always rares, ocassionally expensive uncommons. thalia's lieutenant can be a bomb, if you already have a bunch of humans in play then resolving the lieutenant can just make you win at combat and procede to steamroll the game in the same way as overrun and such.
>>
File: 1356222468534.png (88 KB, 301x289) Image search: [Google]
1356222468534.png
88 KB, 301x289
>>46502754
Alright. I suppose I'll keep at the practice drafts, then.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>46501816
I feel like you're the kind of guy I want to be friends with, but I would mess it up because I am insecure and try too hard sometimes.
>>
Werewolves tribal

can't decide between new weredyke and huntmaster for the 4-drop slot

I would also like to build an artifact ramp deck without the tron lands. whats the best way to do this?
>>
>>46503659
loci.
>>
>>46486255
>Wacha building?
Blue Black Artifact and an Elemental Commander
Fun but brutal.
>SOI Booster
Nah. I'll buy singles online.
>>
>Whatcha building?
SOI standard Grixis Control with 4 startled awake as the win con

It doesnt exist

If i could find some employment id just buy one for myself
>>
Whatcha building?
An Simic EDH deck, lots of +1/+1 counters.
Well funded, at least. My little brother and I mostly bond over magic when we're both in town.
No.
>>
>>46486255
I'm building human tribal, although I'm unsure of what to use. Any suggestions?
>>
File: Gravity Negator.jpg (310 KB, 720x977) Image search: [Google]
Gravity Negator.jpg
310 KB, 720x977
For you anons in Europe, where do you order your cards online and compare prices?
Magic CardMarket?
>>
>>46500501
That's a sideboard card.
>>
>>46509446
Humans probably.
>>
>>46486255
Dear cardboard crack guy,

In the past, I would try and dishearten you.

Your jokes are are not funny, and you obviously don't put any effort into your art, so there's really nothing good about your comic, especially because it's just the kind of mindless thing that people on tumblr and facebook would post to each other because it's absolutely harmless and acts as a replacement for their personality. Posting your comic would be their way of saying "Look, I play this game! That's something about me that I can share that's a tiny little factoid you can remember about me, so I don't just wind up as an absolutely forgettable person with nothing of interest about them!"

And, you also have the gall to try and spam this comic here, where people don't really care about defining their identity and have little need or desire for unfunny, unambitious comics that take absolutely no risks and have never improved and might actually be getting worse.

But, that's not you being an iredeemable piece of shit who makes the world a slightly worse place inadvertently. That's just you being a piece of shit who makes the world a slightly worse place inadvertantly. The key word is iredeemable there.

You can get better. It seems you like MTG, which is nice, and wanting to share your passion is good. Going through the trouble of thinking up a comic and making it, even if the end product is just something that looks like one of those countless awful XKCD clones, shows that you've got at least some initiative, and I really want you to take that next step.

Actually try and be funny. You can't really be funny if you don't surprise anyone, and so far all you've managed to do is recycle jokes for small children and slap MTG on top of them.
Work a little harder on your art. It might take time, and you might suck at it for awhile, but at least you'll be respecting the comic as a visual medium, rather than just a toilet for people who can't write.

Take risks, and good luck.
>>
>>46509446
1 drop 2/1 humans, Thalia's Lieutenant, and maybe use Ulvenwald Investigations to give yourself leverage for board wipes or Always Watching to go all-in. Throw in some removal like Declaration in Stone and Silkwrap and you can fill out the rest i'm sure. I'm assuming standard though.
>>
>Whatcha building?
Human Company G/W

Solid. We play all formats with no house rules.

I'm buying my own case (6 boxes), like I do every new set.
>>
>>46486255
I miss what my casual group was like before the modern players started showing up.
>>
>>46486255
Cardboard Crack is the /tg/ equivalent to "Us Gaymers, am I right readers?" comics. And having no self control on what you buy is totally epic right, excs dee.
>>
>>46486255
I don't play anymore. Poor players got hated out of the fnm scene, and I don't have a bat cave and 30+ friends who play my niche hobby
>>
File: jori_en_gameday.jpg (21 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
jori_en_gameday.jpg
21 KB, 225x300
>Whatcha building?
UR Mill with Tutelage, Jace Unraveler of Secrets, and Chandra Flamecaller
Just me and my brother-in-law. He has old legacy decks that he pits against my crummy standard decks
No one is chipping in with me. Instead I'm buying 3. One to open immediately, one to draft with my brother-in-law, and one to sell when it's out of print for $200.

Also, I have about $230 worth of Pucapoints and just realized there isn't a UR expedition in Standard. What should I do to pimp out my deck? I was thinking foil full-art lands and the foil promo Jori En, Ruin Diver. Pic related
>>
>>46509446
Thalia's Lieutenant, Champion of the Parish and these:

http://magiccards.info/query?q=t%3A%22Human%22+c!w+pow%3D2+cmc%3D1&v=card&s=cname
>>
>>46488274
I thought that was another Order of the Stick comic.
>>
File: 1394465805948.jpg (60 KB, 521x596) Image search: [Google]
1394465805948.jpg
60 KB, 521x596
>>46510441
Bump
>>
>>46510441
Yup. It's probably the best site out there.
>>
>>46500927
Not as much collect as stockpile, but I like stocking up on un-boosters for future draft games with friends.
>>
>>46502835
Not him but I know that feel.

Kill me.
>>
File: FourzeItalian 001 (Large).jpg (46 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
FourzeItalian 001 (Large).jpg
46 KB, 576x768
>>46510441
>For you anons in Europe, where do you order your cards online

Magicmadhouse or ebay

>and compare prices

I don't
>>
>>46517854
>Magicmadhouse
Wow the extreme pleb. Enjoy paying double.
>>
File: DualsFinal 001 (Large).jpg (745 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
DualsFinal 001 (Large).jpg
745 KB, 2304x1728
>>46517981
having a shitload of money feels good.
>>
>>46518082
Fucking retard
>>
Trying to finalize a modern-casual deck and could use some advice.

No creature artifact deck, blue-black, with proliferate and mill as the main focus.
Grind Clocks, Tumble Magnets, Lux Cannons, and Contamination Engines. Crux of Fate and Evacuate for budget wipe. Jace 1.0 for draw and mill.

I run mostly aggro, control aggro, and midrange, so I'm not as used to combo or control. Any recommendations, or will the deck always be the (fun) garbage I know it is.
>>
>>46518723
cry more poorfag
>>
File: Dirty objects.png (446 KB, 415x454) Image search: [Google]
Dirty objects.png
446 KB, 415x454
>>46500927

How do you resist the urge to open them?
>>
Hypothetical format.

60 card no reserved list singleton format. What's your deck?
>>
>>46489962
>9 packs a piece will give us a statistical certainty that each if us will most likely pull a mythic.

You have literally no idea how statistics or probability works.
>>
I'm working on a BU Mill for Standard. It's getting really sadistic.

I'm also planning on a Super budget deck so a poor friend can join me at FNM for something to do. Any ideas?
>>
>>46518082
>Brag about having shitload of money
>White boarders
>>
Uh, so, my buddies and I have been playing in an Innistrad D&D, and we're super hyped about the new block and everything and went to the pre-release and had a blast, looking forward to Sunday, etc.

One lore question we have though, how DO werewolves transform in the setting? Is it actually based on spells/mana consumption? From what I read on Arlinn Kord's story it was more of a curse she had to fight inside, two souls type thing. Any answer in an official capacity?
>>
>>46486255
I was thinking about going to my first FNM draft tomorrow, but I think I will wait for an expansion that's more interesting to me, something with artifacts, Phyrexia and Mirrodin.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.