[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYOA thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90
File: XyFo0jC[1].jpg (4 MB, 1275x4671) Image search: [Google]
XyFo0jC[1].jpg
4 MB, 1275x4671
The last thread: >>>>46466425
That one pastebin nobody ever looks at: http://pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
>>
File: Rwby Newest.jpg (5 MB, 1800x6815) Image search: [Google]
Rwby Newest.jpg
5 MB, 1800x6815
Reposting RWBY for Anon
>>
>>46483839
>star trek typeface on headers
for what reason
>>
File: Triggered.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>46483839
>That background
>No Text Boxes
>Unequal sized text areas
>Suddenly Text Boxes at the end
>Yellow on black that actually looks really good isn't used throughout
>Empty space at the bottom
>>
File: Traveller 1.06.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Traveller 1.06.pdf
1 B, 486x500
The Traveller Mediafire Bin: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/43r0qdm4sm895/The_End_Approaches

Still asking for questions and builds.
>>
>>46475439
Will be posting the mystery box in the next hour. It's surprising to see how many people's guesses were close.
>>
>>46484020
Nice try. The guy said he'd wait for 24, and that he wouldn't be available before that due to his job.
>>
File: Ollerus.jpg (4 MB, 4202x5116) Image search: [Google]
Ollerus.jpg
4 MB, 4202x5116
>>46483994
Name: Ollerus
Origin: FLG Conflicts; Wayward Super Soldier
Skills, Perks, and Traits: High-tech understanding, Common Ethereal Manipulation, Super Human Body, Lucky, Martial Training, Survivor, Adokori, Frontliner, Phoenix-Chip
Initial Armor: Traveller's leathers, Base Power Armor, Maori Okibar Tattoo
Initial Weapons: Yuta Brace, Partizan, Strike Shield 2x
Initial Knick-knacks: Pegs, Basic Survival Kit, Basic Bag, ID Card, Whale Skin Marks, Iron Halo, Protection Vestments, Abstracted Shoggoth Major, Low-level Adrig Manipulator, Telken Chip, Traveller Psionic Guard, Liberty Torch, Spiritual Vestments, Psychic Paper, Universal Travellers Markers
Little Things: Warping, Marked, I Don't Need No Governa's Dollah!
Faction: Void Hunters
Covenant: The Children of Quetzalcoatl
Allies: MeanSonofaBitch, 643, Eyes of the Third, Friendly Mutant; Vilk Tornienie, 193, Technical, Notorious Shut-in; Janine Yamamoto, 170, Ethereal, Awol Magical Girl; Mark Chan, 75, Archivist, '19th Dalai Lama'
Home District: Ostergark - The Cold Does Rise
Hubworld: Terra D9313 - Land of the Comatose Gods
Mission: Insanity
Panic Button: The Iron Warrior

Ollerus is groggily eating lunch, which consists of half a table of meat, vegetables, and bread. He's in mid-bite when you walk over, and offers you a loaf and a seat.

+ Created in a super soldier program, Ollerus is well nuanced in the art of war and killing.
- Eats a lot in order to fuel himself, expect empty houses when he visits.
+/- Best in the heat of battle, has absolutely no tactics in mind other than 'crush'.
+ Dual-wields shields in combat, mixes defense and offense into an unique style.
- After recruitment, suffered from body-warping that wrecked his body.
+ Power armor contains his body, is built like a tank.
+/- Has an innate sense of the eldritch, useful for hunting them down.
- Can be "seen" too, barely sleeps in fear of the horrors it brings.
>>
>>46484020
Well call me a poopschnitzel.
Guess I'll wait for next thread.
You're a right poopschnitzel x2
Ruby Rose's secret better be something nice.
>>
>>46483968
Why don't you make a CYOA, Mr. DesignFaggot?
>>
File: Traveller Template.png (42 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
Traveller Template.png
42 KB, 1280x700
>>46484145
>>
>>46484020
>>46484098
>>46484117
I actually am here, I just don't have access to my computer. I would very much appreciate it if people don't go around posting shit in my name. Historically speaking, that's been known to cause clusterfucks. Let's please, please not repeat the fancard issue again. I've worked hard to make this not awful.
>>
>>46484020
Which set of guesses was your favorite?
Not necessarily the most accurate, but the one that made you pause and smile?
>>
Are you planning to dump the image version here?
Bonus request: can you post the template for builds? Thanks.
>>
>>46484020
>>46484167
And so, the shitstorm has begun.

Let all know that this is what happens when you post CYOAs with secret components, especially without using a tripfag. Everyone who wishes can edit them and say that was the actual secret, nobody can prove theirs is the real one, people would each pick the version that best pleases their fetishes and everyone would fight over the scraps.
>>
>>46484177
See >>46484165 for the template.
>>
>>46484188
*using a trip

My computer adds the "fag" by itself. Heh.
>>
>>46484120
I am
It's not super flashy or anything but at least it's balanced as fuck
>>
>>46484268
And what CYOA would that be?
>>
>>46484169
I've specifically avoided commenting on any so far. Obviously some were closer to the truth than others. I'll be back home in 16-18 hours if everything goes right, then post them.

Once again, >>46484020 I beg you, don't do this. This is really shitty behavior. I've spent two hours making this CYOA, I've given it thought, and I want to end this like I should've. In retrospect I should've posted the secret page sooner, but I don't have computer access at the moment and that's impossible. Don't be a dick. After I've posted my version, feel free to make whatever fanmade ones you want to fight over. Just don't turn this into a clusterfuck before it even has a chance not to be.
>>
>>46475690
>Serif is annoyingly dense to read in anything other than essays or printed stuff. Sans serif is easier to read on computers.
Holy shit you are a fucking retard. Serif fonts are well suited for anything where the text can be described as a block. The serifs help create an a sort of guideline along the baseline of each line of text so the text is easier to follow. In addition it gives more distinction to each character and makes it much easier to differentiate them. Serif fonts used well looks absolutely amazing and can be much easier to read than sans serif.

Most places you don't need to enhance readability much, but with large bodies of texts with many lines, serifs are awesome.
>>
>>46484332
I know for certain that it's going to be a clusterfuck just by intelligent guesses as to the awful 'secrets'.
>>
>>46484332
>In retrospect I should've posted the secret page sooner, but I don't have computer access at the moment and that's impossible.
Hey, at least you've learned your lesson. You can't stop the coming shitstorm, but you've grown wiser.
>>
>>46475690
>>46484337
>Sans serif is easier to read on computers.
This was true when computer screens were 320x240 and we hadn't invented antialiasing.

Now there's no difference between a screen and paper.
>>
>>46484311
The Twin CYOA

I'm having trouble finding white background twin pictures though
>>
>>46484381
I didn't want this to become a shitstorm, I wanted this to excite people and make them speculate. Even with the harsher secrets, I was aiming to provoke thought or laughter, not troll. I've made far too many CYOAs that ended in a shitstorm, I wanted this one to come out right.

While we're at it, and while I have time to post, I also want to clarify something about cards and characters. My original intention has been for you to pick one of the other. However, since most of you haven't done so, I understand that the fault's probably been on me for not being clear enough with my wording. As such, when I return home from work I intend to make a short addendum for the CYOA containing extra rules for what happens when you pick both a card and a character. This way, your choices wouldn't be invalidated.
>>
>>46484526
You could use the pen tool to erase the background then paste the image over a new, white one.
>>
>>46484574
Harem Creator? Is that you?
>>
>>46484574
>I didn't want this to become a shitstorm
Then why did you use a format that has historically ALWAYS resulted in a massive shitstorm?
>>
>>46484574
So what other cyaos did you make?
>>
>>46484536
>I'm assuming is an ability
It isn't, it's at the end of the Knick-Knacks section.
I recommend using ctrl+f to find things.
>>
>>46484623
Because I wanted to get it right. I'll admit that I have a bad history with this format but I've improved over time. I believe that I know which mistakes not to make again so that the secrets can be thrilling without being trolling and even people who didn't end up with what they were hoping for wouldn't feel like they've wasted their time.
>>
>>46484574
>>46484623
>>46484648
>>46484684
Holy shit, I think this is Harem Creator. He uses the same language and the CYOAs were even similar looking.

Fucking fuckity shit. Harem Creator, please say if this is you. This is just too hilarious.
>>
File: ovrlrd1.jpg (4 MB, 3200x4000) Image search: [Google]
ovrlrd1.jpg
4 MB, 3200x4000
>>
File: ovrlrd2.jpg (3 MB, 3200x4000) Image search: [Google]
ovrlrd2.jpg
3 MB, 3200x4000
>>
>>46484684
It's impossible to make this kind of CYOA and 'get it right'. You will always piss some of us off if your CYOA has negative secrets. The only time it works is when it's something like "Her secret is she's a superhero who can give you powers and make you her sidekick!" and other things that are actually good. Otherwise? Shitstorm and hate. People DESPISE surprises.
>>
File: ovrlrd3.jpg (3 MB, 3200x4000) Image search: [Google]
ovrlrd3.jpg
3 MB, 3200x4000
>>
>>46484684
>Pick a girl
>Turns out she fucks around or has a penis and you have to break up with her.
>Isn't that thrilling? Aren't you excited!? You didn't waste your time at all despite gaining nothing from the disappointment!
>>
File: ovrlrd4.jpg (3 MB, 3200x4000) Image search: [Google]
ovrlrd4.jpg
3 MB, 3200x4000
>>
>>46484727
The updated version of Anime Harem CYOA was fairly well received (the one where he added the "choose instead of rolling" shrine and replaced all the "she's actually a wrist cutting whore" with "she's actually a mecha driver"). Assuming my theory is correct and this IS the legendary Harem Creator, this might be why he thinks he could "get this right" another time.
>>
>>46484745
Its just like real 3d women
>>
>>46484767
Too bad he's already admitted that two of them have secrets that are two of the most shitstorm inducing in the history of the thread, and judging from the profiles I imagine multiple others have ones that he thinks won't piss people off but will.
>>
>>46484767
I actually really love the original Anime Harem CYOA, and I hope yours has some harsh things too
>>
>>46484745
>Isn't that thrilling? Aren't you excited!? You didn't waste your time at all despite gaining nothing from the disappointment!
I'm reading the less as disappointment more as anger.
>>
>>46484574
This is why you don't do "mystery box" or "post-options" for a medium-sized CYOA. It only works for smaller, temporary ones.

Doing this usually ends up making your CYOA unplayable after the mystery box is revealed.
>>
>>46484767
>>46484800
Is this or is this not Harem Creator? I'm confused.

Harem Creator, I know that you don't like going around declaring yourself but you've already made a scene. If you really are you just say so. It'll make things way clearer.
>>
>>46484332
>Just don't turn this into a clusterfuck before it even has a chance not to be.
Heh. I'll remember this when the next three threads are about being cucked, the girl being a guy etc.
waifus + having to wait for the last half of her description to be posted = great chaos.
>>
>>46484843
His best bet at this point is to never post the secrets and to pretend this never happened.
>>
File: RWBYHighResolutionLogo.jpg (78 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
RWBYHighResolutionLogo.jpg
78 KB, 800x800
>>46483891
It matches the font of the logo.

>>46483968
>That background
What's wrong with the background?

>No Text Boxes
>Suddenly Text Boxes at the end
Believe it or not actually didn't realize this until you pointed it out to me.

>Unequal sized text areas
I'm not the best at formatting. Sue me.

>Yellow on black that actually looks really good isn't used throughout.
A block of yellow text on black background isn't always easy to look at.

>Empty space at the bottom.
It's not hurting anyone.
>>
I really wish people wouldn't obsess so much about their imaginary girlfriends. Our threads would be so much nicer.
>>
>>46484902
There are a million other things to shitstorm over that would fill the vacuum.
>>
File: cyoa general.jpg (122 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cyoa general.jpg
122 KB, 500x500
>>46484856
We've already come too far at this point.
>>
>>46484830
I'm not the Harem Creator.
I just like surprises
>>
>>46484932
It's not too late. If he doesn't post the secrets, then this thread will be the last to suffer. If he does, the next two or three will explode with hatred for him. The damage can still be contained.
>>
>>46484745
One of the reasons I haven't commented on any of the guesses is because I wanted to see how people would respond to the information I've given. I'm principally opposed to changing a CYOA that's supposed to be "secret" within the same version (I think it's just fair like this), but I note the things that people like more and less. I don't want to ever reach a state where I'll just make do without the things that piss off "someone", because I think that's part of what makes CYOAs worth playing, and especially when it comes to the subject of love, there's someone for every imaginary woman. I do, however, try to strike a balance between pissing people off and cutting them a slack, and I don't include any options for for pure cruelty value. I wanted this to be the secret CYOA that didn't cause shitstorms, and I'm actually rather pleased with how little it has so far, compared to my previous ones. I will see how things develop after I post the secrets tomorrow.

>>46484949
Could you please stop this? You aren't helping.
>>
>>46484956
No, fuck you with your triggered shit.
I want my mystery box faggot
>>
>>46484956
I fear it may well be, there's a mob already waiting, and if he just leaves it will blow out on something else.
>>
>>46484875
Not him, but he has some valid points, forgiving his rudeness. The background is noisy and saturated, it's quite off-putting. Couple that with no text boxes, it makes it harder to read than it should be.

There's lots to be said about any CYOA's formatting, but those are the main ones for me. All the other ones are a little nitpicky but you have to be nitpicky about these stuffs if you want to design better.
>>
>>46484902
Go back to the last Waifu Surprise shitstorm. It was just two guys.
I do agree, arguing over imaginary girlfriends is inane
>>
>>46484994
Will there still be a mob in 16 hours? Assuming he's telling the truth, he wouldn't be revealing them for a while.
>>
>>46484975
You think giant shitstorms and abject hatred towards you as a person that ruins the thread and prevents anyone from seriously playing your CYOA because it transforms into hated bait, you think that makes playing CYOAs worthwhile?
>>
>>46484975
Are you or are you not Harem Creator? Stop fucking around.
>>
>>46485009
The longer people wait the pissier they'll be when he posts.
>>
>>46484829
Not only that but I've seen so many cyoas that have mystery boxes that never get saved so all you ever see is the first page. Damn annoying.
>>
>>46484956
>If he doesn't post the secrets, then this thread will be the last to suffer.
I'll endeavour to post the first page of the CYOA in every /cyoag/ until the second page with all the secrets appears.
>>
>>46484975
You don't understand me. Your goal is to try and not make people feel like they wasted their time when ending up with a whore of futa WILL be a waste of time for people who played.
>>
>>46485038
I was amazed that the CYOA kept getting more and more responses.
I thought the guys who picked mystery boxes always would wait until the second page was posted.
>>
>>46485045
People'd just ignore it then.
>>
>>46484902
But that takes most of the fun out of these threads. Watching autists throw fits when their imaginary free waifu is declared to be imperfect is highly gratifying. There's a certain art to trolling CYOA generals that's hard to even recognize at first, there's a subtlety to making a game that's innocent and enjoyable to 99% while still making 1% sob in impotent rage. I respect that sort, watching the fallout is wonderful.
>>
>>46485075
Are you sure?
>>
>>46485089
I get a kick out of anons that think they're super badass trollmaster supreme like you, myself. I remember being fourteen too, Junior.
>>
>>46485089
>a game that's innocent and enjoyable to 99% while still making 1% sob in impotent rage
Two words: Memory death
>>
>>46485022
I don't think getting a result you didn't expect in a CYOA that's explicitly about surprises should cause a shitstorm. CYOAs are about getting ideas and imagining stories. A story with a bad ending still has merit.

>>46485023
Yes. I made the Anime Harem CYOA. Like people have said before, after a long period in which I didn't make any following the disaster that was the first one, I did a lot of thinking about the second version and when I finally posted it I was happy with how little flames it raised. I understand that I'm playing with fire here, but I'm trying to improve, and I think the way to do this isn't to shy away from difficult subjects but to learn how to express them well enough that people can still enjoy thinking about the situation. Even now, I can already say that there's going to be some anger when I post the secrets, and it saddens me, but I'd like to believe that there wouldn't be as much as it could've been if I'd done this years ago. My nickname's become synonymous with flamewars around /cyoag/. I don't want to erase it. I want to redeem it properly.
>>
>>46485112
15 isn't that much older, bud.
>>
>>46485140
>I don't think getting a result you didn't expect in a CYOA that's explicitly about surprises should cause a shitstorm.
People use CYOAs as fantasy and escapism. A lot of people enjoy dreaming about a fantasy girlfriend they like spending time with. Most people do not like dreaming about going on a date with someone, finding them cheating on you or flopping out their dick the next day, and having to immediately break up with them. That's not a nice, entertaining, adventurous, or appealing fantasy. So people don't like it. Some of those people get pissed at you for wasting their time with bad options, and thus a shitstorm is born. Your format is a bad idea by default.
>>
>>46485140
Well, I just want to say that I really like you as a content creator, because your CYOAs are so unique.
I hope that in the future you create even more of these wonderful CYOAs
>>
>>46485166
So cute, it thinks it can count!
>>
>>46485140
>using the word "merit" in reference to making shitty girlfriend secrets
Mein gott, it really is you!
I admire your tenacity but I think at some point you should just face the fact that you're a habitual fuckup. Stop making CYOA's and people would stop being angry at you.
>>
>>46485140
See, negative results can be fun when it's something like "Oh fuck, my kingdom is taken over by the evil wizard! Now I must fight him!"

There's a story hook there. An arc to imagine. An adventure. Agency, something you can do about it. A cheating girlfriend is not that. It's not an adventure. It's not expansive. You have no agency here except to make the obvious choice, break up with her. There is nothing to it. It's not meritous. It's not something to explore. Rea life misery like this DEFINITELY isn't something people enjoy thinking about.
>>
>>46485112
I don't make CYOAs or troll, I just like watching the fallout. I can't even tell which ones will trigger it half the time, it makes the unfolding of the threads interesting.

Are you one of the folks that feels entitled to a perfect imaginary girlfriend when you play these games? May I ask, what's the point in these if there's no risk or mystery? It would literally just be "Pick which girl you like best. Ok, you picked? The end." It's not a game, it's not entertainment, it's just a shitty prompt for escapism and emotional masturbation.

I don't understand how you can get so angry over it. What have you lost, what was the harm in "losing" the gamble? A fictional character is disappointing, you wasted five precious minutes?
>>
>>46485140
>Harem Creator: A Tale of Loss and Redemption

This just keeps getting more exciting
>>
>>46485140
Don't let the shit eaters get to you. I need to know if my qtpi waifu has a dick or not.
>>
>>46485274
>what is the entire romance genre
>>
>>46485315
Mostly about single women meeting talk dark strangers that whisk them away to a life of bliss.
>>
>>46485331
>Dark
>>
>>46485276
>you wasted five precious minutes?
This is my sole issue every time the waifu wars begin. The salt attributed to these spats is in no way proportional to the cyoa itself.

>>46485331
I will do romance right. One day.
>>
>>46485295
Like I said, 16-18 hours is my best estimate, I physically can't do it earlier. I also want to be able to put together the "what happens if you chose a card and a character" addendum before posting. Shouldn't be too long.
>>
>>46485350
So why are you ignoring all the reason critique of your format, dear? I think it's pretty clear by now that most people don't find 'your girlfriend fucks around! Surprise!' to be a fun fantasy like you do.
>>
>>46485276
What's the point of a fantasy if it ends in five seconds with the girl sucking Tyrone's dick? Does the thought entertain you?
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 600x505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 600x505
>>46485274
>sexy millionaire magic girlfriend whips out her surprise dick
>real life misery
>>
File: waifu surprise.png (3 MB, 5000x2000) Image search: [Google]
waifu surprise.png
3 MB, 5000x2000
The pot is already about to boil over, so why not stir it up a bit?
>>
>>46485427
You do know he's been saying over and over how he wanted to capture realistic fetishes and realistic consequences of them and how this is realistic for love and blah blah blah? That's his motivation. That one has a cock is probably just a manifestation of his fetish.

Alternatively, transexuals are a thing.
>>
>>46485461
Because that's old and busted and nobody cares about it anymore.
>>
File: waifu secrets.png (2 MB, 5000x1300) Image search: [Google]
waifu secrets.png
2 MB, 5000x1300
>>46485461
>>
>>46485461
I wonder why there wasn't as much butthurt because of this one.
>>
>>46485343
Look at the covers of shitty smut, that bronze tan is what women mean by dark
>>
>>46485496
There were like three threads of shitstorm. This one has a like a third so far.
>>
>>46485496
What? Were you not there when the mystery boxes for this got released?
>>
>>46485508
I don't know man, there are plenty of categories of shity smut, having wrote some myself.
>>
File: IMG_4100.jpg (923 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4100.jpg
923 KB, 1080x810
>>46485461
The real shitstirrer is the Waifu Secret CYOA with the cards
>>
>>46485533
You know exactly what I mean by shitty smut novels
>>
>>46485496
It did. Or do you not remember everyone complaining about cucks?
>>
File: 35905b21fc10ab51c96979ce2ef7b03e.png (532 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
35905b21fc10ab51c96979ce2ef7b03e.png
532 KB, 1000x1000
Why do you people take cyoas this seriously?
I really cant figure out getting attached so much to a few badly formatted images.

Are you people really getting angry over that fact that in 24 hours an anon will release a picture that MIGHT mess up your initial ''build''?

Here an idea, just ignore it if you don't like it, I wont tell anyone if you don't.
One question tho, why would you even care a whole twenty-four hours later?
>>
>>46485522
I was. And I don't really remember THAT much butthurt
>>
>>46485561
You can't ignore half a CYOA.
>>
>>46485565
Then you are one blind motherfucker. Were you high on crack during that time?
>>
>>46485561
Claiming Sae Huan whatever her name was

>>46485573
Why not? I'm starting to think that some of you guys really have autism
>>
>>46485403
If you can't recognize the risk inherent in playing the game, what's the point? Why play if you don't like the thrill of a gamble? There have to be "bad ends" or else there's nothing at stake in picking, and therefore not a game or adventure at all.

Here's the secret to not getting bullied by a CYOA: don't fucking play one with surprises. You autists haven't even seen the secrets yet and you're already raging over them. You clearly don't like that particular format, so why are you playing it and getting emotionally invested? You know you're going to get burned, so quit playing with the stove you retard.
>>
>Only 3 CYOA's posted out of 105 replies
>>
>>46485561
More or less, the reason I'm posting is because the author sat down and defended his idea and tried to explain it, and what I'm doing is explaining back WHY it's a bad idea and WHY it's causing shitstorms.
>>
File: Revenantprofcard.png (500 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
Revenantprofcard.png
500 KB, 1280x700
>>46483994
Nice to see the image version is finally complete. Even managed to to make another build to "celebrate" as it were.

"Revenant"
Male
Tech Era "First" World; Murder Hobo

Skills-
High-Tech Understanding
Scavenger
Lucky
Urbanite
Berserker
Raider
Mechanical Adept
Frontliner
Pariah
Invictus

Equipment-
Traveler Leathers + Upgrade
Plate Armor

Yuta Brace + Upgrade & Brace
Plasma Caster
Chain Sword

Pegs
Basic Survival Kit
Basic Bag
Limb Replacement x5 (Arms & Legs replacement, reinforced skeletal structure)\
Pop-Wall Shield Mark-4
Iron Halo
Battle Music Projectors

Little Things-
I don't need no Governa's Dalla! x2
Ethereal-hear
Terrorized
Adherent (Destruction of Tyrants)
My Best Friend

The True Travelers

The Unified Ikko-Ikki Clan

Companions-
Shafauri Telshiva
Agatha Niucrad
Mezi 'The Burner'
Knight-Paladin Marath
MeanSonofaBitch

Home District - The Proving Grounds

Hubworld - Terra-D2368 - In Which the Future is Blank
>>
>>46485587
Maybe, I don't remember desu.
Must have been some good shit though

>>46485598
Then post something, faggot
>>
File: MonsterMaster1.jpg (1 MB, 1476x2953) Image search: [Google]
MonsterMaster1.jpg
1 MB, 1476x2953
>>46485598
You're not wrong guy
1/6
>>
>>46485595
This isn't gambling. It's playing make believe imagine fantasy.

Here's the rub about fantasy gaming: You can make informed decisions and win. Not so here. Purely random. And when the intention is to have fun imagining a fantasy, a fantasy that ends so quickly and shittily with no agency from you is a poor one.
>>
File: MonsterMaster2.jpg (1 MB, 1476x2953) Image search: [Google]
MonsterMaster2.jpg
1 MB, 1476x2953
>>46485626
2/6
>>
>>46485637
If that is the case then one should wonder what the point of investment is, right?
>>
>>46485637
It's not purely random, you can pretty much guess what's it's gonna be.
>>
File: MonsterMaster3.jpg (1 MB, 1476x2953) Image search: [Google]
MonsterMaster3.jpg
1 MB, 1476x2953
>>46485639
3/6
>>
>>46485467
Realism could also mean taking a bizarre fetish with supernatural elements and treating it realistically (actually, we know for a fact there's a cowgirl, so absolute realism flies out the window). That's why I'm assuming this futanari doesn't go around flopping her dick at people and instead is isolated from society. I just hope he doesn't go all the way in this direction by making all the fetish girls depressed loners.
>>
>>46485658
Right now, what's mostly happening is people telling the author why it's going to go to shit, and people complaining about people who don't like it.

>>46485662
So random.
>>
>>46485609
Much ablogied man, we're gonna make CYOA great again.

Or at least lay the works for a cool game.
>>
File: MonsterMaster4.jpg (1 MB, 1476x2953) Image search: [Google]
MonsterMaster4.jpg
1 MB, 1476x2953
>>46485663
4/6
>>
>>46485573
Actually you can.

Lets say you buy a CYOA.
You love it, good waifus, everything is balanced, fun and unique ideas etc etc.
But then the CYOA dev, let's call them Anonvision, releases a DLC in which everything becomes unbalanced, pure waifus grow dicks and it ends with a clifhanger ending that will never be resolved.

Do you also goy out to Anonvision for something you obviously wont enjoy, or just stick with the base game you like, maybe replay it again?
>>
>>46485674
I think you're missing the point of that comment.

Also Cheryl is probably the futa, which sucks because she'd be decent otherwise. Having to dump her because she has a dick isn't a fun fantasy to think about.
>>
File: MonsterMaster5.jpg (1 MB, 1476x2953) Image search: [Google]
MonsterMaster5.jpg
1 MB, 1476x2953
>>46485686
5/6
>>
>>46485679
Not random if you're not autistic m8
>>
>>46485690
>buy a CYOA
What.

And no, you can't. You're playing it wrong if you ignore it.
>>
>>46485702
>Having to dump her because she has a dick isn't a fun fantasy to think about.
But it is the stuff of romantic stories. Harem Creator always has trouble telling apart those from CYOAS. That's why his first version of the Anime Harem CYOA was such a disaster. Lots of the ideas were certainly good, and might've fit in an anime or something. But /tg/ isn't in this to imagine dramatic anime situations with crying little girls.
>>
>>46485717
>Insult in place of an actual argument or point.
>>
>>46485637
I'm not talking about CYOAs in general, or even waifu-themed ones, I'm talking about ones that explicitly contain surprises. You know you won't like it, so why play, why get mad? It's senseless, it's like you want something petty to get angry over.
>>
>>46485595
>gamble
>thrill

IT'S A FUCKING CYOA ON AN ANONYMOUS IMAGEBORD.
>>
File: YIClbe0.jpg (7 KB, 154x154) Image search: [Google]
YIClbe0.jpg
7 KB, 154x154
>>46485690
>Buying a CYOA from Anonvision
He hasn't made anything good in the last decade, don't support him.
>>
>>46485736
I don't recall a wealth of romantic stories that are one page long and end with 'turns out your girlfriend is a man and you break up with her'
>>
File: MonsterMaster6.jpg (1 MB, 1476x2953) Image search: [Google]
MonsterMaster6.jpg
1 MB, 1476x2953
>>46485708
6/6
>>
>>46485742
I'm not arguing with a person whose opinion is basically "Buu Huu, I don't like it so it shouldn't exist"
>>
>>46485745
I'm criticizing the format as well as pointing out why it pisses people off. Whining to me about that doesn't change anything about the reality.
>>
>>46485679
>Right now, what's mostly happening is people telling the author why it's going to go to shit, and people complaining about people who don't like it.

It's a real shame, we could be doing something otherwise more productive. It's a strange dichotomy between author and reader.
>>
>>46485608
For what purpose?
To what end?

Just look at the colorful images, make up a story in your head and be on your way.

Arguing over this is l i t e r a l l y autistic.
>>
>>46485773
Post the updated version.
>>
>>46485841
>For what purpose?
Because the author posted with this thoughts, justifications, and goals, and about how he was hoping there wouldn't be a shitstorm and people would enjoy it. Thus, I reply pointing out why it's a pipe dream and why people are going to be pissed at him. That's not a complex series of events, anon.
>>
Did some request the Generic Jean-Paul Sartre CYOA Supplement? I think someone requested the Generic Jean-Paul Sartre CYOA Supplement.
>>
>>46485757
I never said it was a huge gamble, it's an imaginary one. But within the framework of the game, there's still a purposeful element of risk. Same concept applies to tabletop games – do you optimize your character/army for quick long-distance attacks, or for drawn out melee, or neither? A lot of the fun comes from how you approach the potential and imagined risks.

The pending shitstorm is the equivalent of a player whining to the DM that the secretly long-planned orc ambush was unfair, since he had allowed the party to waste their gold on whores instead of potions. Or whining about there being combat at all, even though they knew what kind of game it was.
>>
File: DEATH CARD.png (377 KB, 377x1027) Image search: [Google]
DEATH CARD.png
377 KB, 377x1027
>>46485544
>>
c-can someone post a cyoa?
>>
>>46485914
>Tabletop games
Pretty sure there's some agency there to change your situation, anon. They're not really comparable to an absolute pick like this.
>>
File: DEATH CARD 2.png (386 KB, 379x1389) Image search: [Google]
DEATH CARD 2.png
386 KB, 379x1389
>>46485916
>>
File: VDlnQ3d.png (316 KB, 641x316) Image search: [Google]
VDlnQ3d.png
316 KB, 641x316
>>46485916
>kindest and nicest girl you've met
>>
>>46485865
sorry senpapi, this is the only version I've seen
>>
>>46485760
Literally off the top of my head, this happens in Genshiken, drives the entire plot of Bokura No Hentai, and is used in an entire collection of crossdressing/hermaphroditism themed stories which is mostly known because the creator of Nana To Kaoru contributed to it. The psychology of gender transgression is a fascinating subject for writing stories about and the experience of finding out something like this about your partner can be nothing short of enlightening, regardless of how the situation is resolved.

In a less literal fashion, romantic stories about relationship TROUBLE, either inside it or in getting into it. Not even the stupidest teen girl wants to read a "romantic story" about a relationship in which everything goes completely smoothly because that's just not how stories work, period. Even the most feelgood of feelgood stories have conflict (even if that conflict is something like "we've only got enough cake for four of us!" and is resolved two pages later with "than we'll share the last slice!").

So yes, it is the stuff of romance. Doesn't matter if it's film, books, manga or even Visual Novels or video games which are supposedly about blurring the lines between player and character and all. Why do you think people keep playing romantic VNs where everyone cries all the time?

It just isn't the stuff of CYOAS on /tg/.
>>
>>46485723
Wow you really must be actually autistic.
>>
>>46485916
>>46485932

Why did people get butthurt over this?
Seems pretty k to me
>>
>>46485961
>anon holds up his futa hentai manga as literature
>>
>>46485943
People hate sweet and nice girls, apparently.
>>
>>46485961
>can be nothing short of disgusting and repulsive
Fixed it
>>
>>46485979
It technically is.
Technically.
>>
>>46485683
The game idea sounds really cool, if not rather ambitious and daunting. But if you made a 124 page pure-text CYOA then decided to create a version with images, I guess you might very well be up for the task of creating the game you envision.
>>
>>46485967
Not shitty enough for some tastes. You know that there are certain people in CYOA threads who won't accept a girl unless she has cancer or sleeps around behind your back...
>>
>>46485961
Most stories romantic stories with happy endings don't involve infidelity. Not stories where the romance is the point and not one of the characters who goes through that romance and others. And nobody fantasizes about the ones that end poorly.
>>
>>46485979
The Island, Victoria Hislop. Award winning, Western book about intersexuality.

Also, you're on an anime image board, discussing anime things, etc.
>>
File: 1444947598841.png (54 KB, 366x326) Image search: [Google]
1444947598841.png
54 KB, 366x326
>>46485932
>Will teach you to love it

Oh, you gonna learn today.
You gonna learn what a long-dicked Luigi look like today.
>>
>>46485927
FUCK OFF
WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE
>>
>>46486027
>Most stories romantic stories with happy endings don't involve infidelity
Who said anything about happy endings? A respectable part of the romance genre is actually named "tragic romance".
>>
>>46486039
Winning an award doesn't make a book good, surprisingly. The literature world is just like the art world in that respect.
>>
Congratulations, Harem Anon. You did it again, and you didn't even get to posting the secrets this time. Are you proud of yourself?
>>
File: 1457038527228.png (4 MB, 1400x6508) Image search: [Google]
1457038527228.png
4 MB, 1400x6508
>>46485927
This one's appropriate for both sides of the current "issue".
>>
>>46486071
Hence
>Nobody fantasizes about the ones that end poorly.
That part of the post is very important to understanding my point.
>>
>>46486024
That sounds so fucking cool
>>
>>46485494
I'm pretty happy with what I got.
>>
>>46486082
See, now you've made it impossible to continue the discussion, because you've made the subject actually completely subjective. If it's up to the individual to say what is and isn't good literature than arguing about this is obviously pointless, since neither of us will ever convince the other. If you want there to be objective answers, you're going to have to accept the common standard, which is "awards represent some kind of quality".
>>
>>46486151
>you've made it impossible to continue the discussion
That's my goal, funny enough. Your line of conversation is the last line of conversation reacting to Harem Anon's posts. If you stop, then we can move on until the morning when he posts the secrets and the thread explodes.
>>
>>46486024
It should actually be quite doable, the only pitfalls will be doing a few reworks to make sure no one sues me and laying out the thing. Probably in the future once we have a final version of Traveller I'll reach out to my fellow writefags here and abroad and get the project started in full.
>>
File: imminent booty busting.jpg (28 KB, 149x194) Image search: [Google]
imminent booty busting.jpg
28 KB, 149x194
>>46483994
I kinda wonder how the god panic button works.
So if I take Superhuman Body and Hearty would it balance out my eating habits to normal levels now?

Also I have no clue what kind of fresh hell Harbinger and Knee-breaker will introduce when taken. God forbid when taken together. Will the latest version have more drawbacks?
>>
>>46483994
So Highlander, how would Tactician and Frontliner mesh? Would you plan before the battle, then act in the moment during it?
>>
File: The Big World.png (2 MB, 1546x4582) Image search: [Google]
The Big World.png
2 MB, 1546x4582
Ignore shitposting.

Post CYOAs.
>>
>>46486094
No, I'm not. I rather specifically didn't want this to happen. I believe that it's possible to do these things without everyone losing their shit like this. This is why I keep doing what I do. As I've said, even now I understand that I've made a lot of mistakes with this CYOA, both in the CYOA itself and in the presentation/management thereof. People have made a lot of jokes about my naivete over the years, but I don't thinks believing that /tg/ can be better than itself is being naive. We can all improve.

My watch starts very soon now, and I won't be able to check on 4chan. For the last time, I humbly request that people make their best attempts not to make bad worse and let this rest for now. This shouldn't have even come up at this point. I thought discussion would die with the last thread until I posted the secrets.

I'm going to post all the secrets, plus the addendum file, in about 14 hours or so. I can already imagine that this would cause some anger, and I think it's a good thing that, having observed the reactions here, I think I can predict which parts would cause more. This is exactly what I'm referring to when I say it's possible to learn. If I learn what causes anger and why, I can manage it properly. Not by removing "bad stuff" from my CYOAs, because I don't believe that should be the way, but by presenting it in such a way that people feel fulfilled by the work even if they haven't gotten what they thought they wanted. I don't agree with everything >>46485961 said, but I do agree that a good story is about the parts which aren't necessarily happy.

Goodbye for the time being, and if by all means possible, try not to add any more fuel to this fire before I'm back. I was hoping I could do good with this and it didn't come out like I wanted, but I still am going to post the secrets, if only for the sake of completeness.

Even if it doesn't always feel that way, I assure you that I don't do anything with the intention of making you mad.
>>
File: 1436653671689.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1436653671689.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46483793
>>
>>46486239
>I kinda wonder how the god panic button works.
I'm going to leave that one up to your imagination, but it isn't pretty.

>So if I take Superhuman Body and Hearty would it balance out my eating habits to normal levels now?
It possibly might, or it might simply space out the time between gorging to be reasonable. It depends on the Traveller behind the perks.

>Also I have no clue what kind of fresh hell Harbinger and Knee-breaker will introduce when taken. God forbid when taken together. Will the latest version have more drawbacks?
Well the question is what can be added that isn't already infringing on something already existing? I'm not object to increasing things as we've already dispensed with reasonable size, the question is what can I add.

>>46486277
It could be interpreted as that, or perhaps someone who can stitch together solid plans buried knee deep in shit and is very good at adapting tactics when the heat is on, or something more akin to batman style deliberate combat. Once again it depends on interpretation.
>>
>>46486361
>Being fulfilled when your waifu pick ends up in a shitty choice you can't fantasize about.
What part of "Waifu fantasy imagination adventures are not the same as third person literature" do you not get? Literature gets so much build up and canvas to construct a story, all you're doing is telling people to imagine themselves dumping someone day one because their girlfriend is a cheater or is a man. They're not the same thing. You cannot apply all principles from literature to a CYOA. That anon you quoted is even saying what I am right the fuck now and you don't get it.
>>
>>46483994
The Now; Watcher
Ethereal Faction
The Church of our Lady, Destroyer of Despair
The Summoning Grounds

>Abilities
Advanced Tech Understanding
Ethereal Mastery
Biological Adept
Technomancer
Field Adept(Magic Item Creation)

>Gear
Upgraded Yuta Brace
Elder Staff
Unformed AI Companion
Rauoskinna
Aenathari Peach
Internal Sustenance Model

>Little Things
I don't need no Governa's dalla
Minor
Can't wake up inside

>Companions
Gordon
Disurial
Croatmor
Mamirai
Mithra

>"Careful Anon, these brownies are really potent."
"How bad can they be?"
>"Welcome traveller..."
"Woah, these are potent."

Specializing in blending the boundaries between advanced tech and ether, specifically in magic item creation, and using biological adept I'll transform myself into shoggoth-lite. I'd like to my own portal gun and time stopping device, but with techomancer and field leader I can build my own power armor with them included. Disurial will become my guardian, and being a bio-adept also means giving myself a form that can handle her hugs. Disurial will allow me to become charged by primal spirits, Gordon's tatoo and dream quests will allow me to become a better person, and my other companions are awesome.[Spoiler] Baby's first traveller build. I also have 750 credits left, 1750 if you count the 500 word story I could write.[/spoiler]
>>
Have you ever interacted with someone that you just cannot reach any conclusion that they are a hopelessly thick, stupid, irrational person that will never improve? That disappointing and frustrating feeling?

Starting to feel that with this Harem Creator guy.
>>
>>46486361
I, for one, enjoyed Harem Master.
>>
>>46486463
In his defense, the idea that CYOA's should make you feel shitty is espoused by a vocal minority on this threads. He just made the bad choice of sticking by them throughout his entire career, which combined with his talent for fucking up entire chains of threads to make him something like /cyoags/ resident Pagliacci.
>>
>>46486517
He's actually probably the nicest member of the "CYOAs are high art and should be all about blood and tears" crowd. Most of them are just crusty grognards acting grumpy that waifus took over the locked in a basement genre in popularity.
>>
>>46486557
He's nice, sure, but it doesn't really help us any that he is, because he still ends up causing so many fights. It makes me feel bad for him, and want to reason with him, but he just doesn't listen to anybody and it's frustrating.
>>
Should 1 time buy Special Units exist in Girls Military cyoa with increased stats and unique special abilities?

Do you Anons got anymore ideas for Units since I got a total of 96 different type of Units. Units can range anywhere from fantasy to sci-fi. - Italics
>>
>>46486577
The good and bad thing about him is that unlike the grognards, who just flail in rage, Harem Creator works out of what appears to be true faith. Misguided, stupid faith, but still. It seems to me from his posts, both here and in previous threads where he announced himself, that the guy deeply, intensely believes that CYOA's can be like books and that if he only finds the right formula for it he could make one with the exact same emotional effect as American Beauty. I think that the very reason he doesn't listen to people's attempts to change his mind is BECAUSE this is, in theory, a noble goal. His failure is in failing to understand that no every goal that's noble is also smart.
>>
>>46486634
>Signing your own posts
Anyway, I don't mind one time buys. Maybe you should make them, like, commanders or lieutenants? People that report directly to you as general/god-king.
>>
On the one hand, I like a lot of Harem Anon's content. On the other hand, Jesus Christ, his ability to make threads combust into infernal shittery is bordering on the unnatural. He doesn't even need to post any content for it, it's enough that he says two words and the entire /cyoag/ community is ready to burn the entire place to the ground. It's almost impressive.
>>
>>46484701

Didn't this used to have its own general or a game or something?
>>
>>46486777
He'd appreciate the poetic irony: biggest troll in /cyoag/ history, and the one person who never deliberately tried to troll it.
>>
>>46486777
I like some of his content. I think he needs to realize, as far as sad stories go, that there ARE some subjects that don't work in a CYOA format. Making a character who is sick, or blind, or has a pitiable mental issue, or is poor, or is batman, that kind of thing gets people to actually feel the sort've 'tragedy' he desires and also prompts imagination, with a more positive response than what he usually ends up with.
>>
Harem Creator: /cyoag/'s own Don Quixote.
>>
>>46486871
If nothing else, you can see his graphical skills improving from CYOA to CYOA.
>>
File: mynigga.jpg (35 KB, 552x464) Image search: [Google]
mynigga.jpg
35 KB, 552x464
>>46485609
>dat Protoman reference
>>
>>46486105
kek
>>
>>46486941
Has he done anything else besides this one and harem master?
>>
File: 1452740544668.jpg (13 KB, 680x299) Image search: [Google]
1452740544668.jpg
13 KB, 680x299
>>46486105
My absolute favorite CYOA so far. Good tongue-in-cheek humor, but still an entertaining enough scenario to actually seriously consider things. One of the few that actually involves the player on a personal level, too. I can't think of another off the top of my head that relies on characteristics of the RL individual for builds, but I know I've seen at least one other.

Loser/Nerd/Insanity – Garden of Feels
Private Bathroom, Cute Boy, Lesser Mischief, $120/wk
It's the comfy life for me
>>
>>46487022
I think he's been mentioning on and off that he does others but doesn't say when it's him. Which would be the uncharacteristically sensible thing of him to do since the mere mention of his name has been known to invoke pitchforks.

Time to comb through the archives looking for stuff that looks like his handiwork. He's got a very distinctive writing style.
>>
>>46487069
There's Karma's a Bitch, that involves the real life player in how many points they get.

They don't usually go over well because we're all sad, worthless people and thus if we try to play the CYOA we don't get enough to do anything. This autism one only works sorta because it gives us points for being sad, worthless people.
>>
File: Karma CYOA.png (238 KB, 1201x1201) Image search: [Google]
Karma CYOA.png
238 KB, 1201x1201
>>46487110
The nice thing about KIAB is that due to the poor wording of the instructions it's easy to deliberately reverse the maths and end up with more points the shittier a person you are without technically doing anything illegal.
>>
>>46486314
BIG Trip

Companions: Gas Mask Bandits, The Crow, Ratatoskr

Bonus: Ring of the Hummingbird, Taboo, Ticket Roll

Enemies: The Butcher, The Intruder
>>
File: 1433101800628.jpg (244 KB, 700x808) Image search: [Google]
1433101800628.jpg
244 KB, 700x808
>>46486413
>I'm going to leave that one up to your imagination, but it isn't pretty.
>isn't pretty
I don't like where this is going.
>>
File: Karma CYOA waifu.png (291 KB, 1040x1681) Image search: [Google]
Karma CYOA waifu.png
291 KB, 1040x1681
>>46487138
>>
>>46487288
No one does anon.
>>
I for one enjoyed the harem cyoa.
>>
>>46487288
Well, the image version does change it from "God" to "Godhead", so that's probably a point of concern as well.
>>
File: WRONG WAY COWARD.jpg (176 KB, 1200x451) Image search: [Google]
WRONG WAY COWARD.jpg
176 KB, 1200x451
>>46483839
This cyoa inspired me to watch the series. Just fyi.
RIP Monty, I will remember you forever.

>New Arrival
I'm 15, that'll give me the most time to prepare for fighting monsters. Hopefully I can change my gender, because the guys in this show don't get much screentime.
>you can
Oh, good.
>Human
I enjoy fur rugs. I do not enjoy being a fur rug.
Hmm. I'm not far enough into the series to have seen atlas or Haven.
I'll pick atlas, I got a plan in mind and it doesn't work if I can't get the right gear.
>Force of nature
Gravity. I like tanks.
>Fear
>Beauty
In the words of comic book John Moses Browning, is it to much to ask to be feared and loved?
>Energy
>Strength
>Combat
I wish I could take more, but I can develop skills. As long as I study hard I'm sure I can pick up a bit of survival skills. Hell, it'll be essential if I'm out at sea.
>Variable 600
>Weight Enhancement 500
>Additional Weapon Form 400
>Dust Mod 350
It's a ship anchor that has a rocket-propelled-depth-charge launcher built in the axle side and a harpoon launcher on the other(for anchoring purposes). It doesn't really transform, but I imagine it'd take some serious money to pay for the equipment and skills to install that in a damn freight anchor.
It's a admiralty pattern anchor without the rope shackle. I'll put in in a reply to this.
>Rebreather 300
>Scroll
>Armor x3 0 lien
So basically, I fight underwater grimm. To do that though, I need a really good suit. It doesn't matter what damn superpowers I got, if my suit gets fucked up I'll get fucked up, no other ways about it. At that pressure any breach in integrity will kill me. I presume it'll kill the Grimm as well, even if it takes a two or three more hits. They're bigger in the fathoms.

STRIKE THE DEEP
>>
>>46484526
Are you going to have any twin power stuff aside from the twin based super power you already have?

Like finishing each other's sentences and speaking in unison
Being able to know where your twin is or how their current state of wellbeing is
Shared sensations
And reading each others minds
>>
>>46485967
each girl has her own image. Except it's actually a half dozen images, because they had different secrets. And there were a bunch of girls.

It wasn't the content, it was the format.
>>
File: anchor.jpg (70 KB, 410x276) Image search: [Google]
anchor.jpg
70 KB, 410x276
>>46487548
>>
File: youkai moe.png (194 KB, 430x579) Image search: [Google]
youkai moe.png
194 KB, 430x579
>>46487606
>>46487548
Annnnd the senpai I'm looking up to/trying to imitate.
>>
>>46487569
I'm gonna put that kind of stuff into "Wierd Stuff"
Right now I'm still working on putting everything I have in, in a ordered fashion (read: I'm being autistically precise about everything)
>>
>>46484727
I personally like this kind of CYOA, it's more entertaining then here's a bunch of waifus pick one. Oh that one? That's nice have a nice life now.
>>
>>46487766
So do you enjoy fantasizing about your girlfriend cheating on you or do you like the arguing it causes?
>>
>>46487548
Neither Atlas nor Haven show up in any the current episodes. We'll likely see them in the upcoming volume.

Also one again I feel like I made it so that people can make their characters way to powerful.
>>
>>46485188
Wait, did you just use the word adventurous to describe getting exactly what you signed up for without any deviance or effort?

What's adventurous are CYOAs that have surprises and the unexpected.
>>
>>46488022
No, I told him that a crappy girlfriend isn't an adventure. And I'll tell you again, that his kind of surprise isn't very adventurous because it's all just 'this girl is unlikeable'.
>>
File: Abomination-chan Build.jpg (4 MB, 2549x3508) Image search: [Google]
Abomination-chan Build.jpg
4 MB, 2549x3508
>>46483994
Eh I'll repost my eldritch abomination-chan build then.

Name: S̡͕̹͎ͩ͗̋̈́ͥ̕yͯͣ̋ͫ҉̥ͅͅh̠̜͇̥̱̹̓ͥ̒ͨ̕ă̳̫̜͡'ͯ̆̓͐̐̽҉̡̜̯͈̳̤̯̻h̬̹͒͐̌̈́̀́ ͓͈̭̝̗̐͠B͉͖͊ͧ͢ủ̵̖͉͑̂̽̋ͣͦ̽́p̟̟͌̊͡͝ą̜͕̍̓ḑͣͤ͋҉̭̼͖͚̟̞̰ġ̻̟͇̜̉͊ͥ̎̀̚͡h͉̉̋̚͡ ̄́́̽ͭ҉̧͚̀Ņ̧̤͙̰͎̜͉̩̒ͅ'̠͚̠ͯ̉̾͘g̮͐ͯ͒̾̎́͢ͅh̜̳̙͈ͣ̈́̀͠ͅf̸̗̽̍ͣ̌̈̆̌̚t̷̷͉̯̓͝ ̢̩̠̞̺̌͂̌H̶̖̰ͬ͊̎ͩ̄̉͑͡l̿̉̓͏̵͎̼̪͈i͈̫̫̜͓̖̹̮̦͌ͥ̍͠r̗̙̥͖͔̂ͧ̔̎ͅg̴͎͕͛͗̎̃ͤ͝ŏ̧̳̞͍̭̥̤̓̽ͩ̌̃ͫ͒̀͘ĝ̌ͩ̇ͮͤ̉ͫ͏̢͇ But you can just call me Kuro if you want.

Sex: Female?

Tribal Eire; Half-breed Mutt (Low-Tech Understanding, Advanced Ethereal Manipulation, Elementalism, Horsepower, Free Companion: Marco Fulcaneli)

Advanced-Tech Understanding
Master Ethereal Manipulation
Natural Beauty
Natural Physique
Martial Training
Survivor
Pariah
Horsepower
Psyker
Elementalism Darkness
Field Leader
-Regeneration
-Fleshmancy
Chosen Blood

Traveller leathers
-Upgrade 1

Maori Okibar Tattoo

Nemean Lion Hide

Yuta Brace
-Upgrade 1

Yuta partner Brace

Akte-47

MAD.11 Hunting Shotgun

Bolter Pistol

Chain Sword

Corinth mark Jagger

Pegs

Basic Survival Kit

Basic Bag

ID Card

Multiversal Timekeeper

Mathery Travellers Encyclopedia Vol 1-8324

Coharty Plasma Shield Mark-7

Traveller Psyker Hood

Personal Gravity Manipulator

Cabuladi Ring

Hat Closet

Blessed Needle & Thread

InvisiYUT Cloak

Leader Line

Forever Alone x4

I don't need no Governa's dalla! x9

Destined for greater things

Test subject x5

Notorious

Warping I hate it when I get sick.

Knee-Breaker

The True Travelers

The Temple of the Wild Gods

Yarihei Neinta, 988, True Traveller, Ancient Fox God

The Proving Grounds
-The Hand Holds Strong

Regoridiaga-A45 – The Core of the Ethereal Spirit
-Rise of the Pretender

1/3
>>
File: smile, you're on candid camera.jpg (198 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
smile, you're on candid camera.jpg
198 KB, 1920x1080
>>46487988
Well I think it's balanced just fine. It feels like it gives you a chance, not a guarantee mind you, just a chance of being a main or side character.
Besides, underwater animals are about 300% scarier than land animals. I disregarded speed entirely because you can only go so fast under the sea. The grimm are probably faster, but if I get hit I'm dead, so I geared everything towards hitting harder. I'm still guaranteed to die to a terrible beastie from the deep regardless once I get old. On land I'll probably get wrecked by the first Grimm or hunter I meet.
Love your cyoa.
>>
>>46488254

We found her wandering around Terra D9313 and so far she's the only intelligent life we've found there. We think she might be the bastard offspring of an old one or something. Normally that means we would kill her with extreme prejudice and we kinda tried but in the process we kinda learned she can't die. She just keeps regenerating and can't die as long as some part of her still exists. I mean we threw her into a sun and she regenerated from the sample we took from her beforehand for fucks sake. After that debacle that she could actually talk since the was the first chance she had a chance to talk to us since we kinda opened fire on her and didn't stop when we found her. We learned that she actually has a mind and isn't hellbent on the destruction of the omniverse like the rest of the things that are similar to her. She was really happy to finally find something she could converse with since the last time she spoke with anything was when she asked her parent why it called her a failure when she was born. She fell asleep after that and when she woke up Terra D9313 was already in it's current state. Apparently she had been wandering Terra D9313 for half a millennium before she ran into us and we started blowing holes into her. As expected after that everybody involved felt absolutely awful especially when they found out she didn't really mind since she thought that being killed when she finds something new was normal.

2/3
>>
>>46488283
Due to living in a hellhole with nothing but mindless beasts for half a millennia she doesn't really see anything wrong with killing. We were able to hammer out some rules in regard to what she can and can't kill. So we don't really need to worry about her up and killing some random person for no reason. She is very curious about anything new and tends to ask a ton of questions about anything interesting she comes across.

She can usually be found hanging out at Bio since they fucking love her over there since they can experiment as much as they want on her without worrying about her kicking the bucket or fighting in the arena since she's a bit of a battle junkie. As for her combat abilities besides the whole not dying thing she can change and manipulate her body however she wishes with the limit that it can't exceed her current body mass. She can however bypass this limit by absorbing dead tissue which means she would be a fucking nightmare in a large scale battle. Due to Elder Nadya's demands she is banned from going anywhere near the The Void Hunters since the budget can't really handle a second time. She is also banned from all eating competitions and all buffets due to numerous complaints about unfairness and business concerns.

Catchphrase: What are you gonna do about it? Kill me?

3/3
>>
>>46487820
Do you only play games on Easy difficulty? Do you like only getting exactly what you want?
>>
>>46488357
With videogames you can conquer and overcome, anon. Answer the question.
>>
>>46483839
>Familiar Face
Gives me familiarity in a strange world that I can reasonably rely on.
>18, Male, Cat Faunus (tails, ears, eyes).
Haters gonna hate, I don't care, catboy huntsman will deal with it; and the haters will have to deal with the consequences of their hate.
>>46487548
>I enjoy fur rugs. I do not enjoy being a fur rug.
Don't make me sabotage your armor.
>Mistral
I'm going to be an unusual hunter, so this seems like the place for me.

>Fast Mover
I like staying movin'.

>Ferocity, Will, Agility, Energy, Guile.
Most Grimm--and people--are hard-pressed to take me on in a fight, because not only am I bouncing all over the damn place, but I have zero qualms about slaughtering my prey. Plus, I just don't get tired; not that anyone's ever seen, at any rate. And when I can't rely on martial prowess, I've always got the power of words.

>No talents
I can learn these.

>Variable Weapon (Gungnir) (Spear/rifle/SMG)
>Dust Mod, Collapsible, Additional Weapon Form.
If something's far away, I can take shots at them with what is essentially a bolt action hunting rifle. For medium distances, and for dealing with multiple enemies, I switch to sub machine gun mode. If it's up close and personal, I can still control distance with my spear.

>Scroll, Dust Charges (2), Targeting Glasses, Armor, Rebreather.
Targeting Glasses will give me a hand with keeping track of my enemies, the armor is there more for the badass stylishness (since I am so focused on agility), and the rebreather is just damn handy.
>>
>>46487820
I do fantasize about my girlfriend showing herself off and people getting jealous of what they can't have.
>>
>>46488389
That explains it then. You just happen to be in the minority with a fetish for infidelity.
>>
>>46488373
You answer the question anon, it's rather common for the possibility of not getting what you wanted making games more enjoyable. If I only ever got what I wanted then there wouldn't be much to it and I wouldn't play it. A game is not real life and therefore enjoyable in this manner. What kind of autist would try and compare enjoyment from surprises in a GAME with wanting to imagine ones real life girlfriend to be cheating on them? I think the ward you escaped from is looking for you, I'd advise turning yourself in before you make a mistake.
>>
>>46483994
I can't help but imagine Arcu being voiced by Gilbert Gottfried a la Iago.
>>
>>46488572
I did answer your question, you just ignored the agency aspect entirely. CYOA are not videogames I'm afraid.
>>
>>46486871
So I only go onto /tg/ every once in awhile just to play around with CYOA. Maybe like every 2 months. What is the story behind this, because I have read this exact plot somewhere before...
>>
File: 989967b8ddb9c8a4e8501688fbcc747.jpg (120 KB, 600x387) Image search: [Google]
989967b8ddb9c8a4e8501688fbcc747.jpg
120 KB, 600x387
>>46488378
Bring it, boy-pussy. I gots friends.
>>
>>46486634
I never understood the obsession with putting cute girls in a military environment. You guys do know most people die horrible deaths in war, right?
>>
>>46488590
You actually didn't answer his question, you just said games can be won.
>>
>>46488824
No they don't. The only wars in which most of the soldiers died horrible deaths were the really bad ones, like the Soviets in WW2, or the Germans in the same.
>>
>>46488846
His question isn't applicable. Difficulty can be overcome. I can beat that boss, it's just harder. In this case you CAN beat your unfaithful girlfriend, but it's a bad idea.
>>
File: 52638796.png (447 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
52638796.png
447 KB, 1024x640
>>46488824
Little girls with guns are cute! Cute!
>>
>>46488886
That's a weird looking G36
>>
File: 1458828372730.png (17 KB, 493x319) Image search: [Google]
1458828372730.png
17 KB, 493x319
>>46485690
>buy a CYOA
>>
>>46486374
STA: 1
PHC: 6
RAC: 1
TGH: 7
TRA: 0
SMA: 2
MYS: 2
>Quechua
>Warrior
>The Northern Wilderness

>Trapping, Tracking, Food, Friendship.
Trapping and tracking are always essential skills in foreign territories. Making good food is always needed, no matter where you go. Making friends is always a great talent to have, too.

>Xipe Totec
All that toughness is bound to come in hand.

>Darksight, Weather Control.
I won't be taken by surprise in the night. Changing the weather to my benefit is always helpful.

>Guardian Beast
Should help in these strange lands.

>Halberd, Chimalli, Quilter Armor, Quechua Mace
I may have adopted a foreign weapon, but only because it's very nice. If I encounter a scenario where I want a bit more defense, or the length of the halberd gets in the way, I can shift to mace and shield.

>Shorn One Society
I wasn't planning to trade anyway.

>Zyanya
I like her. She rides a god damned jaguar.
>>
>>46488621
>I gots friends.
As some new schmuck that just showed up on the scene, I doubt it. I'm the one whose had an entire actual life, and we Faunus stick together, especially against people like you.
>>
>>46489029
He's referring to all the 'optional' microtransactions involved in the modern CYOA industry.
>>
I'm not sure why I keep coming back to these threads. The only new content I see these days are these crappy waifu CYOAs.

Inb4 "Make your own CYOAs, then"
>>
>>46489155
It's really more of a problem for AAA titles. Indie CYOAs are still mostly free of that problem for now.
>>
>>46489197
Making an Identical Twin CYOA atm, no waifus involved
>>
File: DEFENDERS OF THE SEA.jpg (141 KB, 609x610) Image search: [Google]
DEFENDERS OF THE SEA.jpg
141 KB, 609x610
>>46489070
Ah, but I do have friends! With Mermaid-Maid and Barnacle Bitch at my side, there's not a tuna in the 7 leagues you'll get your paws on!
The forces of EVILLL will never win!
>>
File: 1443941241754.jpg (266 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443941241754.jpg
266 KB, 1920x1080
>>46488824
>Cute girls in a military environment.
The cute girls signed up for it. They are just doing their jobs and service.
>>
>>46489237
What if I want to waifu my twin?
>>
>>46480296
>>46480316
>>46480341
>God-Emperor mode go!

>North America in the early Bronze Age
>Fitting In, Fertility, Reincarnation

I'm going to play a game of Civ like never before!
Pulling people together, taming the land and building it up centuries before any serious outside competition. Bringing concepts like eugenics and social responsibility to my people.
Sure the start will be a little rocky, I'll have to make sure I don't get killed by rivals or random dangers until I've gotten things stable and pumped out a few heirs, but then its time for an egyptian style god-king lineage on crack. Founding a lineage and religion based upon my coming back again and again to lead my people.
This is going to be so fun.
>>
File: 1459184614988.png (4 MB, 1200x6130) Image search: [Google]
1459184614988.png
4 MB, 1200x6130
>>46489197
There were a couple of non waifu-based CYOAs in the past couple weeks. Of course, 90% of CYOAs have waifu options in the companions, but I would hope that wouldn't ruin them for you if they are already focused on powers/adventures.

There was that Dream Prince one, which I'll refrain from posting at the moment, and this. In addition to the new release of Traveler. Also Beri's slime-daycare CYOA, but that's closer to 50% waifu depending on how you read it.
>>
>>46487104

Truth be told, I've kinda suspected that they also did the recent >>46485461 Waifu Surprise CYOA.

That would make three CYOAs that are very similar, as well as laid out in somewhat similar fashion - Harem Creator, Waifu Surprise, and now Weird Girlfriend.

All three also have a fixation on sticking somewhat bad details (or narrow fetishes) onto what initially seem like nice waifus.
>>
>>46489273
You can't
>>
>>46487720
>senten
No worries, you're the author after all. Just thought it'd be cool to see some of the stereotype abilities like those.

I'm excited to see what you come out with.
>>
File: 1459184701025.png (4 MB, 1200x6620) Image search: [Google]
1459184701025.png
4 MB, 1200x6620
>>46489324
>>
File: 1459184768341.png (2 MB, 1200x3114) Image search: [Google]
1459184768341.png
2 MB, 1200x3114
>>46489354
>>
File: 1459184832589.png (1 MB, 1200x2456) Image search: [Google]
1459184832589.png
1 MB, 1200x2456
>>46489389
>>
>>46489324
There was also that Worm CYOA that keeps going through iterations, and I don't think Scientist's Djinn CYOA is a full 2 weeks old yet.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.