[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me what the fuck Tzeentch and his followers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
Can someone tell me what the fuck Tzeentch and his followers actually do?

And for that matter, I'd like to use this thread to try to understand the deities of the Warhammer 40k universe better.
>>
They complicate things for the sake of it.

I think people get confused about Tz because of the talk of plans, but you have to understand that there's no more end game for the Changer as there is anyone else. His plots and plans and grand design isn't a means to some end, it's an end itself. There is no final victory, no great finish. Tz wins so long as plans and plots and secrets continue.
>>
File: 1443564301057.gif (3 MB, 419x313) Image search: [Google]
1443564301057.gif
3 MB, 419x313
Tzeentch is the literal manifestation of planing, hope, lies, knowledge, secrets and change. His followers all have their own hopes and dreams, that only can be accomplished by the help of an outsider. Tzeentch offers to help and in return he wants something done. Ultimately the follower's plans become warped and twisted by tzeentch to suit his needs.

"And what is tzeentch's plan?" you might ask. His plan is to make plans, to continue the game of plotting and trickery as long as their is at least 2 thinking beings in the galaxy.
>>
>>46483353
Among other things, Tzeentch is the grand-daddy patron of sorcery. While Slaanesh and Nurgle have their own sorcerers, Tzeentch is the one that does most of the active recruitment/faustian bargains for unlimited psychic power. So he often corrupts psykers and let them go fucking nuts with their powers, because why not?
>>
>>46483353
The absolute worst possible outcome for Tzeentch would be if his plan was complete.

His "plan" is to continue the existence of plans, and if there's no more plans to scheme, no outcomes to change, not a single thing left to accomplish. Then he's lost.
>>
>All chaos gods have positive aspects to them
>These are never fleshed out and all I ever see is KILL KILL KILL, PLAN DECIEVE MAGIC, DISEASE STAGNATION SUFFERING, EXCESS EXCESS EXCESS
>>
Hes a dirty jew
>>
>>46483353
He's literally a shitposter. He exists to needlessly complicate everything

>>46483657
Oy vey someone stop this anti-semite goy from denying the six gorillion and stealing a hard working Chosen's shekels.
>>
>>46483630
It's because those things are only good in moderation and the gods are anything but moderate.
>>
>>46483630
The Chaos Gods have positive aspects in the same way that Islam is a religion of peace. Some of its followers say it, and it may well be true, but they sure as fuck don't act like it.
>>
>>46483511
Another way to look at tzeentch is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QtdPfz_faM

Now imagine every domino is a persons life, hopes, dreams, and plans.

imagine you pray to tzeentch to help you on a math test. He gives you the answers to pass and in return he wants you to place a penny face up in front of the cross walk at your school.

Now you do and as you walk away your teacher holding your classes tests walks out and sees the penny.

He gets hit and dies, your test is lost in the wind that now blows by.

You fail the class. Mean while the son of the driver of the car begs for his dad to be saved from prison.

Tzeentch replies and says he will help but only if the son places one laxative in the candy bowl on his desk at the UN council in New York.

He does so and the next day jeff the translator for US to North korea, steals a candy from his friend candy bowl.

So while translating for the North Korean diplomat Jeff shits his pants.

The diplomat now so disgusted at the filthy americans promises that North and South Korean unification will never happen peacefully.

Now the US diplomat silently wishes "If only there was a way to fix US-North Korean relations." To which he hears a whisper " I can help, I just need you to leave the white house south lawn door unlocked between the hours of 10 and 2:15 am tomorrow.".......
>>
>>46483837
Also I am in no way a good writefag but you get the point. I hope
>>
>>46483353
Fun things are fun
>>
>>46483920
you did a good job explaining that Anon. You do the Ordo Malleus proud.
>>
>>46483353
Does anyone else consider this popular depiction of Tzeentch as not worthy of the god? My favorite and personal way of visualising the god is as an everchanging cloud/swirl of colours. Only that seems appropriate for the God of Change.
>>
>>46484053

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq-6aj9sNvo
>>
>>46484048
Thanks, anon

>>46483353

Ultimately any follower of tzeentch no matter how big they are, are only pawns to tzeentch, to be used when the time is right to collect even more pawns and pieces.

He is probably the only thing other than the god emperor himself keeping the galaxy intact. If anyone or anything attempts to move the plot or wipe out his pawns will be met with overly complicated, airtight plans that will leave said being both unable to complete their work and enthralled to tzeentch himself.

Honestly (extreme heresy) tzeentch will and has likely saved and will save the galaxy from any meaningful threat. I.E. the tyranids.
>>
>>46483353
As far as I understand it, the followers of Tzeentch tend to be intellectuals on some kind of mission, such as gaining knowledge or influence. As such the primary reason for seeking the favour of Tzeentch is to better yourself, often for personal gain. Ofc all these people end up just becoming the pawns of their new god in one of his uncountable number of schemes.
>>
>>46484156
Okay... relevance?

Also, why did that guy wear a bucket on his head?
>>
>>46484411
Emperor text to speech, it's a 40k parody series on youtube done by a guy who is probably an anon.
>>
>>46483353
The thing to remember about the chaos deities is that while they all frequently come into conflict with each other and that they all pretty much want to become the top dog of the warp, they're also pretty much concepts or emotions come to life, so the end game for them is not really about establishing some kind of stable situation, it's about getting to do what they like doing without anyone being able to stop them.

Tzeentch is power through scheming and subterfuge, he's that impulse you get when you know something someone else doesn't and use it to your advantage, or when you outsmart someone for your own gain.

All the chaos gods are personified emotions and notions of the warp-sensitive sentient species, Khorne is the impulse to use violence to overcome obstacles and to prove your superiority through conflict, Nurgle is all about the will to live at any cost, the desperation of those about to die, and Slaanesh is all about sensuous excess and perfection to the point of indulgence. Being perfect at something and experiencing new extremes of stimulation.

None of those are particularly conducive to a stable, static situation, they all thrive on, you know, chaos.

Tzeentch's followers are people who want the means to outsmart others, frequently cultists or sorcerers who feel they've made a smart bargain and that it's beneficial to them, while in reality they're just puppets on a string to the god who knows all the plots.
>>
>>46486552
>Not mentioning Malal, the god of "I fucking hate chaos so god damn much"
>>
Get beaten by the Imperium, then shake their fists and yell "CURSE YOU!" before choosing another Saturday Morning Cartoon scheme.
>>
>>46486693
Who doesn't exist anymore, and hasn't for how many years now?
>>
>>46484192
Oh god... He is the reason none of the black crusades accomplish shit. He makes Abbadon accept some bizarre limitation that in retrospect fucked everything up. Hell... he is probably the reason Horus actually lay siege to Terra instead of just doing an exterminatus.
>>
File: lGiX9Fr.png (17 KB, 626x624) Image search: [Google]
lGiX9Fr.png
17 KB, 626x624
>>46486974
>>
>>46486693
>Malal, God of Fuck everyone
In a way Malal was a god of assburgerism
>>
>>46487284
Renegade god.
Edginess.
Fuck everything that isn't me and even those that serve me.
Nope other gods, you can't have what you want. Why? Because I don't like it and you aren't me
I would even hate myself if I wasn't me
>>
>>46483717
>>46483707
That'ts a damn good comparison, a cultist of nurgle could be a very nice person.
Until he goes EXTREMIST and all smells like ass for ever. But everyone who is still alive is too rotten to smell so everyone is happy.
>>
>>46483630
Tzeentch's positive aspects are hope, knowledge and things improving through change. You can pursue knowledge and gain information from Tzeentch, he's just going to throw in enough lies to twist things to whatever he's currently after.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.