[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever play elf characters? Why, think long and hard about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 15
File: 1444119960120.jpg (206 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
1444119960120.jpg
206 KB, 1000x1200
Do you ever play elf characters?

Why, think long and hard about the answer, just why?
>>
>>46482244
Because they look sweet? I like edge.
>>
File: 1439465560980.png (195 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
1439465560980.png
195 KB, 500x625
>>46482309
>only using one sword at a time
>edgy

Pick one.
>>
>>46482244
Yes.

Because I like creating a variety of characters. I also play male characters, reptilian characters, alien characters, old characters, young characters, martials, casters, rogues (I really suck at priest though), asexual, bisexual, hetero and homosexual characters, masochist, sadists, crazy, sane, modern, fantasy, science fiction, modern fantasy, gothic horror, etc. etc.

I create characters I enjoy playing. It just so happens that some are female. If you can't cope with this, get the fuck out.
>>
>>46482376
I need a shield so that I have a place to keep the script of my evil monologue. I am often forgetful and need to remind myself of some of the lines.
>>
>>46482244
I haven't yet, but sometime I'd like to play a cleric of best god Ghaunadar.
>>
>>46482400

>Thread about Elves
>"Some of my characters are female"

Nice bait bro, I almost didn't notice. 8/10.
>>
I like the strange magic heritage of an elf, while not being overtly "alien" like a dragonborn or tiefling. I love playing the magic/martial characters, and elves in rpgs originally were that position. A hybrid of fighter and wizard.
>>
>>46482376
Tell me there's more of these characters and that she is trying to provoke him into hatefucking her into the dirt.
>>
>>46482400
pfff look at this silly commoner not even playing sentient aircraft 0/10 would not play with
>>
>>46482244
Never. if i play non humans i go straight for monstrous humanoids or undeads.
drow chicks are cute tho
>>
File: 1444110359323.png (1 MB, 1266x754) Image search: [Google]
1444110359323.png
1 MB, 1266x754
>>46482754

That girl is his sister, and yes she's trying to bait him into hatefucking her because the forgotten realms setting has no incest taboo.
>>
File: Owlbear chicub.jpg (28 KB, 580x497) Image search: [Google]
Owlbear chicub.jpg
28 KB, 580x497
>>46482860

Not as cute as Owlbear chicks though.
>>
>>46482244
Nah, never. No particular reason, I suppose I just never felt like rolling an elf.

But Gromph is my waifu, so nice choice of picture.
>>
>>46482244

I once played a drow sorcerer who came up to the surface so he could learn meteor swarm and crack a giant hole in the surface of the planet so that sunlight would shine down on one of the largest, oldest drow cities as a giant "Fuck You" to his mothers, sisters, and Lloth. He wasn't even that good a guy; that motherfucker was a lying, cheating, back-stabbing, lecherous asshole that probably would have run amok on the entire world if it wouldn't interfere with his strict timeline of trying to fuck over the underground hell he was born in.

And I did it because I thought it'd be fun. And boy howdy, was it fucking ever.
>>
>>46482244
Yes because my GM loves throwing sleep and enchantment spells around and elves are straight up immune to them. I got tired of that bullshit after the fourth time everyone got captured because lol sleep spell trap. Other than that one foil hes a pretty good GM.
>>
>>46482244
>Do you ever play elf characters?
Yes.
>Why, think long and hard about the answer, just why?
Becuase their racial bonuses suit my class the best. What other reason is there when chooseing race?
>>
>>46482244
Yes.
Because it's an option and I think it might be 'fun'. A strange concept on /tg/ I know but hear me out.
>>
>>46482244
Yes.
Stat bonuses.
>>
>>46482860
Dark elves are pretty cute, yes. I find them way cuter than normal elves. Guess this is why I don't play female drow characters - I dont want to be a waifufag and I don't trust myself not to b if I roll one.
>>
File: 1436601005574.jpg (447 KB, 1170x585) Image search: [Google]
1436601005574.jpg
447 KB, 1170x585
My first character was an elf, it was a premade character that I played for the class ranger. But I had fun and sometimes went back to elves.
>>
File: 1444683319359.png (802 KB, 816x527) Image search: [Google]
1444683319359.png
802 KB, 816x527
>>46482400
>Never roleplayed a tree
>>
File: tumblr_o51opiTRNt1qdhjulo1_1280.png (2 MB, 1280x1728) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o51opiTRNt1qdhjulo1_1280.png
2 MB, 1280x1728
>>46482244

I play elf characters in almost every setting that offers them. The only time I might not is if I can be something really weird and unique, like a bugperson, or if I can be a robot/golem.

I like elves. They are beautiful and strong and in just about every setting they appear in, are unbreakable despite everything they as a race and/or individual tend to go through.

also I'm not a fuckboy shem or an n'wah
>>
>>46482244
Yes
Why not?
>>
>>46483623
10/10 would let her sacrifice me to a spider god.
>>
>>46482941

i want to be that beholder, i have the weirdest boner now
>>
Min maxing. Getting my int bonus to my melee damage as a fucking wizard.
>>
File: 1531515315.png (985 KB, 1280x1810) Image search: [Google]
1531515315.png
985 KB, 1280x1810
>>46484071
>not subduing her and making her a good housewife
>>
No, but I do play Half Elves every now and then so I can be a special snowflake but still be basically able to play a human.

Also half elves are the most bonable race in any setting.

I also enjoy characters from broken homes so I dont really need to write parents and half elves lend to that perfectly.
>>
>>46482244
Played 4 of them in D&D before and each one of them ended up was a mistake.
3 drow and 1 wild elf.
Wild Elf started out C/G and was basically a happy go lucky elf.
6 months of a DM that was pure ruthless and he went from that happy elf to an insane, paranoid, angry and mad bastard that was broken by the DMs ways.
1st drow ended up at odds with the party about 5mins into the game and 10 mins later I had to kill the entire party.
2nd drow got pushed into a pit by the party because they didn't trust him.
3rd drow ramrodded all the women in the party, got them all pregnant and fucked off back into the wilds.
>>
>>46484615
All of those need story time.
>>
>>46484652
If I told you the saga of how my Wild Elf went from C/G happy go lucky elf in a forest with his family and worshipping a nature god.
Into going full insane C/E with paranoia, worshipping Shar, killing female wizards for Shar and how he was raped so many times he lost count I would be on here for a long time.
Ill tell you about the almost record breaking TPK that I caused.
>At friends wanting to play some D&D
>Invites other friends to play
>DM says anything goes so I roll drow because its different
>1st is the random chick of the group and she rolls a sun elf with like 20 charisma
>2nd rolls a gnome fighter with rather low strength
>My character is a drow sorcerer
>We meet up in a tavern because the DM was feeling lazy
>We group up and head outside to do adventures and shit
>First thing I say IC is that the Sun Elf apologise to me for all the shit her race did to the drow
>She is not sure what I mean at first but then clues in
>She laughs in my face and basically says fuck you and your entire race you deserve your plight
>Gnome sides with her and goes off to scout ahead
>I warn her that if she does not apologise I will have to make her by beating her
>She laughs again and uses Tensers floating disc to fly in the air and scout the area
>Pissed off my drow casts a spell at her disc the bitch falls so far she is a stain on the ground
>Gnome gets really angry and charges me
>He has shit initiative I have really good initiative
>I use ray of enfeeblement to fuck up his strength so much he falls over and cant move
>I then tell the gnome IC he should have stayed out of this since it was elf business
>He cant move or talk because his strength is so low but with what talking he can say he says fuck you
>Smash the little fuckers head in with a rock and go about my way
15 minutes that adventure lasted and quickest TPK that DM has ever had.
>>
>>46484813
Basically a that guy, you don't need to post the rest.
>>
>>46484906
Ill admit the TPK was me being to IC and basically being a dick but the other 3 were not my fault.
Wild Elf was the DM really wanting to fuck with me which was rather funny in a fucked up way.
Drow 2 was just unfortunate and the party being paranoid since we entered a dungeon and fell upon enemy drow who worship Loloth and my cleric did the same thing so they decided they could not take the chance and throw me into a pit.
3rd game was just fucking around and then the game died.
>>
>>46484973
You are a that guy. Get the fuck out
>>
>>46485030
How am I that guy when I was being fucked with by the DM?
The TPK could have been avoided if I didn't get shit talked to by someone I would IC hate now would it?
>>
File: roguelike-avatar.png (11 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
roguelike-avatar.png
11 KB, 256x256
>>46482244
Only when I play Sil on my computer, because that game is fucking brutal and rolling a Noldor is the designated "easy" mode.
>>
The only elf character I play is one that I made when I was 14, and it's because I didn't want to be boring and pick the standard choice, human, so I chose the only other choice which wasn't too weird.
>>
File: Elrohir_MagaliVilleneuve.jpg (269 KB, 591x591) Image search: [Google]
Elrohir_MagaliVilleneuve.jpg
269 KB, 591x591
for the androgeny
>>
>>46482244
Yes.
Because I wanted to play an elf character for that campaign, what other reason would one need? Don't tell me you're one of those racial purists who strictly only plays humans. Disgusting.
>>
>>46484813
>you kill the other two members of your party
First of all that's not a TPK, TPK stands for Total Party Kill. You know, when the whole party dies to a DM encounter.
Second of all, you are absolutely That Guy. Why even make a character that is going to be outright hostile and antagonistic to your other party members?
>>46484973
DM was probably being a dick to you with your second character because you're a complete shit like in that greentext story all the time and deserved it. I'm pretty sure the party being paranoid that your drow character would kill them all had a lot more to do with their meta knowledge of you being a horrible person and party member, than it did your character's race.
>>
File: RedheadElfBarbarian.jpg (129 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
RedheadElfBarbarian.jpg
129 KB, 500x750
Because nobody expects the elf barbarian
>>
>>46482244
Yes.

Because I'm a slimy pathetic human who yearns to magical realm as an elf. I literally only do it for fetish, and the same goes for anyone else, whatever they say. I like to picture my shapely ears, almond eyes and height. I like to pretend I can smell my own elf parts and sometimes touch them. I also like the illusion of power that comes from having absolute control over every aspect of my character who is nothing more than a elven pawn tailored for my amusement.

There is literally no justifiable narrative reason to play as an elf when you are a human IRL. There is no wriggling out of this. Pretending to be an elf for deep-rooted psycho-sexual reasons is all there is. If you can stand up and admit this then you've gone a long way into self-realization and should be commended for your honesty, even though you're as pathetic as I am.

So I'm fine with playing an elf, and with others who want to fantasize about being elves, because I'm aware of what I am and I'm not doing any harm to anyone else. Join me, my elf-playing brethren. Join me in self-honesty.
>>
>>46485389
Basically was a TPK since next week we started over with different characters that all worked together well.
2nd I made a drow because I never rolled a drow and she made a sun elf for what ever fucking reasons she wanted to, she didn't know I was a drow and I didn't know she was a sun elf until we got into the game.
Only person who looked at our sheets was the DM and he ok'd it.
That was a different DM and I was new to the group and they were hazing me since they were college students, literally only time I ever turned on a party was that one time and I brought it up because I thought it was a funny because it was all because of a misunderstanding.
Party throwing me down a pit was probably because I rolled L/E in a group that was made up of mostly G character but I didn't know that because the DM did not tell me and said just make a character and join.
Since then I fucking never play E characters because they do not work well with groups.
>>
>>46484973
That Guy not so tough anymore after being thrown into the pit

kek
>>
>>46482244
I like elves
>>
>>46482244
>Do you ever play elf characters?
Once, a long time ago, I played a male Drow necromancer in a 3ed game.

>Why, think long and hard about the answer, just why?
Because it was a mini campaign set in the underdark, and everyone was picking from Svirfneblin, Duergar, and even a half-Illithid. It was a nice change of pace and kinda fun.
>>
>>46482244
elves are awesome.
I don't play anything without darkvision, anyway.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.