[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>great-looking game based on your IP is just about to come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: 1459857373039.jpg (2 MB, 2199x2116) Image search: [Google]
1459857373039.jpg
2 MB, 2199x2116
>great-looking game based on your IP is just about to come out
>kill your IP

WHAT

THE FUCK
>>
who you gonna play as first /tg//
>>
>>46476480
I'll wait until they add Tomb Kings
>>
>>46476488
you will be waiting for a while then.
>>
File: days.png (141 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
days.png
141 KB, 439x290
>Great-looking game
>Chaos day1 DLC

They're not getting any money from me that's for sure
>>
File: sadvillain.png (25 KB, 576x501) Image search: [Google]
sadvillain.png
25 KB, 576x501
>>46476480
Bretonnia
>>
>>46476480
>DA BOYZ
>>
File: smile.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>46476573
yeah. Bretonnia is pretty much the FreeLC faction.

gonna go with empire though
>>
>>46476630
Loved grimgor's trailer Tbh, that goblin was perfectly annoying
>>
>>46476663
I wonder what he was trying to accomplish, or what his friends made him drink
>>
>>46476866
He was probably trying to milk some favor from Grimgor, being a slimy, snivelly goblin and all.
>>
>>46476480
The Empire, but I'll probably wait until they release High and Dark Elves or Skaven.
>>
>>46476480
Dwarfs because i have always been a sucker for some good old dwarven badassery.
>>
>>46476866
he was being a regular gobbo I think.
Probably a lot of fungus beer.

I love how he kills the gobbo as easily as the fly.
>>
>>46476467
>Great Game
You can't conquer the whole map (Does not fit with Lore)
There are no family trees
There are only minimal factions (You can only play as Reikland, not all empire provinces, and the same goes for the other nations)
The player nations are arbitrarily surrounded by 'pretender' rebel factions to limit their early expansion, speaking to a makeshift counterbalance for mediocre AI
Norsca is flat-out unconquerable
Day One cut content Chaos Warriors
More DLC coming when they've already announced the full game will be three (or more) full-price games
Siege battles have reduced depth
Every magic user pulls from the same mana pool making necromancer-heavy vampire armies untenable
All cities have the same layout (Even capitals and karaks)

Yeah it's not looking like a great game.
Just a cash-in.

>>46476480
Nobody. I'm going to keep playing Warhammer mods for other games.
>>
>>46477317
I did not know that Norsca had cities and conquerable land that was valuable, or that orcs wanted to settle in human lands and tax humies.

>siege battles have reduced depth
man, you really haven't played TW have you?
>>
>>46477475
>man, you really haven't played TW have you?
The original Shogun is on my shelf. I have played Total War.

Of course Norsca has cities. Do you think vikings just sleep in the snow?

Orcs have invaded human lands before. The Badlands used to be a human kingdom before they settled there. Retard.
>>
>>46477317

>You can't conquer the whole map (Does not fit with Lore)
I think some of the occupation restrictions are fine, like, I don't see why anyone would settle in Norsca, others I think are bullshit, if the Greenskins can live and thrive in the badlands then there's no reason they wouldn't settle in the Empire if they could.

>There are no family trees
Time doesn't progress so characters having children wouldn't make any sense, also no one wants to play as the Literally Who son of Karl Franz anyway.

>There are only minimal factions (You can only play as Reikland, not all empire provinces, and the same goes for the other nations)
Hardly any of the provinces have named characters that could lead them, the entire faction system leans on the choice of legendary lords to work

>The player nations are arbitrarily surrounded by 'pretender' rebel factions to limit their early expansion, speaking to a makeshift counterbalance for mediocre AI
Makes enough sense, it's not like this kind of thing hasn't happened in the Empire before.

>Day One cut content Chaos Warriors
Fuck pre-order content

>More DLC coming when they've already announced the full game will be three (or more) full-price games
I have no problem with DLC, the base game with the four/5 base faction already have more troop variety than any Total War before it.

>Siege battles have reduced depth
That's a pretty vague statement

>Every magic user pulls from the same mana pool making necromancer-heavy vampire armies untenable
I hope they rebalance this, possibly make it so that more magic users in a battle causes the magic pool to replenish faster, though it's not like we've actually seen a battle with more than 1 caster in it.

>All cities have the same layout (Even capitals and karaks)
Straight up false, it's pretty lazy that Altdorf and Zhufbar have the same layout, but it's confirmed that there are several city layouts spread among the cities

Even with all you mentioned the game could still be 8/10
>>
>>46477602
>I don't see why anyone would settle in Norsca
I mean, as an imperial I would occupy Norsca to deny land to thinly-veiled chaos worshippers who raid my northern coasts. Less for the material benefits, more for the security.

>>46477602
>Time doesn't progress
>the entire faction system leans on the choice of legendary lords to work
>no one wants to play as the Literally Who son of Karl Franz
Karl Franz is pretty generic Literally Who anyway, and it was CA's design choice that meant that time doesn't progress and that factions rely on the crutch of legendary lords.

I enjoy seeing my dynasty grow in Total War games. I remember reading about Medieval 2 and hoping that I could inherit foreign realms if their royals died. Sadly that wasn't the case, but after that I always hoped they'd do something with it.

>it's not like this kind of thing hasn't happened in the Empire before
I mean, an elector count having to put down a rebellion of 90% of his personal lands is unlikely to be able to lay claim to the title of emperor anyway.

But it's true. Three emperors and that shows the Empire is hardly "stable".

>the base game with the four/5 base faction already have more troop variety than any Total War before it
Yeah, that i'll admit. But if they hadn't hamstrung themselves with the Legendary Lord bullcrap they could have easily had reskins for the other imperial factions, could have used human troop skeletons to flesh out Estalia, Tilea and the Border Princes... which would have made it so much better in my eyes.

>That's a pretty vague statement
Sure it is. But I used to make an attack on multiple walls of an enemy's city to split their troops and surround them once I got in. Can't do that in Total Warhammer.

>I hope they rebalance this
Me too, man, but i'm not holding my breath.

>it's pretty lazy that Altdorf and Zhufbar have the same layout
Yeah no kidding. But there's multiple layouts? That's not so bad then.

>8/10
Not for me. YMMV obviously.
>>
>>46476467
So basically it's because they killed the IP

They no longer care about keeping control of that IP so they are farming it out like mad. Its why there are SO many new Games Workshop video games coming out. Lots of mobile shit, the new Gothic game, talisman, that shitty 40k MOBA and 3rdPS ect ect
>>
>>46477570
And how were the sieges in those games?
Tiny ass cities that had the AI attack from one side and made the walls a sideshow.

>the badlands was a human kingdom
>norsca has cities

Don't the norscans have fishing villages and a migratory life while the deeper wastes are full on magical realm?
>>
>>46478110
Eh, it's the kurgan of the chaos wastes whose thing is migratory tribes. The norscans are pretty much straight norse expys and are 'sometimes traders, sometimes raiders' with small towns and junk.

Obviously not on the scale of the empire or anything, but they're not completely nomadic, homeless savages.

And it's true about the badlands being a human kingdom once upon a time (even if they were conquered and ruled by vampires, and then conquered by orcs)
>>
>>46478403
yes, but at the time of the game's settings, they are pretty much core orc territory right?

And IIRC the faction, Warriors of Chaos don't seem much like traders
>>
>>46478435
The Warriors of Chaos tend to be mostly northern kurgan from the wastes armed with weapons bought from chaos dwarfs iirc.
>>
>>46476480
Chaos
Oh wait theyre day one DLC
>>
>>46476467
>developer uses your IP to make a game which you yourself won't make much profit out of
>delay killing of IP due to it
This is the scenario you're proposing.
>>
>>46477602
>Fuck pre-order content

Imo thats not even pre-order content its straight up making you pay for part of the game that should have been included.
>>
>>46478501
>not just pre ordering the game, sitting on it for 13 days and refunding
Shiggy.
>>46478483
I thought the further north you went, the more magical realmy the place got.
>>
>>46478483
>armed with weapons bought from chaos dwarfs
Wait, why the fuck did I never ask myself where they get their spikey weapons and armor from? Is this true?
>>
File: POWER BITCHES.png (126 KB, 320x384) Image search: [Google]
POWER BITCHES.png
126 KB, 320x384
>>46476467
Vampires.
>>
>>46478533
>I thought the further north you went, the more magical realmy the place got.
That's definitely true. The closer to the polar chaos gates you get, the more the warp fucks with the laws of physics.

>>46478554
>Is this true?
Yeah. The tribal chaos worshippers don't have the large-scale foundried required, but the Chaos Dwarfs need to make a profit somehow.

iirc they mostly trade slaves to the dwarfs for armour, they use the armour to get more slaves, and the dwarfs use the slaves to make more armour. It's not a perfect system, but it works.
>>
File: 1459457759348.jpg (75 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
1459457759348.jpg
75 KB, 800x572
>>46478533
>I thought the further north you went, the more magical realmy the place got.
This makes it sound like the Chaos god Santa Claus is waiting for you up there with some presents.
>>
OP you're not thinking big enough.

New players are going to find tabletop and fall in love with Warhammer and buy a bunch of miniatures! Then they're gonna be denied entry to official events because AOS, so they'll buy MORE MINIATURES and then the people will love us again.

> or everyone will just be turned off by GW fucking their own IP with napalm horsedicks and the business will collapse under its own egotistical greed.
>>
>>46478658
Possibly.

He might also be like Santa Ape from Aquateen Hunger Force.
>>
>>46478713
>Out of the northen chaos waste flys santa-claws on his magical sleigh
>He drops down besides you and produces a colourful box
>He says it's a gift for you and flys off

Do you open the box?
>>
>>46478899
I attempt to open the box.
>>
>>46478899
I am he box
>>
File: total-war-lord-of-war.jpg (115 KB, 650x823) Image search: [Google]
total-war-lord-of-war.jpg
115 KB, 650x823
>>46476480
What do you think?

THE AGE OF ANMIIIIME begins now!
>>
>>46479114
are those books any good?
>>
>>46476480
Dwarfs.

Looking forward to pound my enemies to dust with my artillery barrages and then cull anything that's left with my lines of stout beardgrowers.
>>
>>46477317
I'm just gonna wait for the modding community to kick in like I would a Bethesda game. Then it should be pretty good.
>>
>>46481107
chaos dorfs soon?
>>
>>46476488
>>46476521
>tfw lizardmen player
>never get in any serious game
>EVER

I-i don't like blood bowl
>>
>>46477602
>no one wants to play as the Literally Who
I hate this. Warhammer had a pretty great system for creating your own heroes as well as using the main character dudes and making them viable. A game based around creativity and making your own metanarrative is so much more interesting than having the same experience as everybody else. Not to mention the fun in maximising mechanical potential, as well as allowing players to better select their own difficulty. Literally Who is going to be a harder -- and probably much more engaging -- campaign than Karl.

Fuck dude. You literally just said that there are a bunch of minor provinces that don't have heroes. Why not give players those? Everybody wins.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.