[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's play a game: Describe an existing setting. Others
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 18
File: ....jpg (42 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
42 KB, 850x478
Let's play a game: Describe an existing setting. Others first decide whether or not they want to play it and then try to guess what setting we're talking about.

I'll start:
>An alien race is successfully conquering the universe, colonising planet by planet.
>They share no biological resemblance with us, each alien is composed of energy and specifically created for a single purpose within the colony.
>However some of these aliens fail their purpose.
>The squad that was sent to colonise earth failed to do so and instead grew fond of the earth.
>The break off contact with the colony and use the advanced tools they have to start a rebellion.
>Humans are unaware of the war that has been started between the rebels and the colony, but the threat is looming.

Would you play it or not?
Pick unrelated
>>
File: cartoonishly fake munie.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
cartoonishly fake munie.png
1 MB, 1600x900
I would never play a setting that uses nickles as its primary coin!
>>
>>46474621
So it's Steven universe just with what the Gems should have been instead of lesbian gems?
>>
>>46474943
>lesbian gems
They are a single-sex race. I just described Steven Universe, because if you think about it you can't really call them lesbians.
>>
>all of them has different persona
>but he is one guy
>he mess up all the time thouh
>>
>>46474621
No, I wouldn't play SU.
>For hundreds of years, the tribes of your people have lived deep beneath the earth in caves and a great metal complex
>However, the land has slowly been becoming "sick"; in a recent quake, a wall of the metal place broke and revealed a cavernous room of unimaginable wonders
>A table of light and a man of metal showed a history of your people, claiming that you came from above the surface and lived amongst the stars
>And thus, your people leave for, toiling on a dying world to ascend to the heavens themselves.
>>
> A world of pirates.
> So many pirates and anachronisms.
> Sea travel is required to go anywhere.
> If you eat the magic fruit that gives you super powers, you fail all swim checks.
>>
File: Vaulters_banner.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Vaulters_banner.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>46475643
Vaulters? Even if isn't, I'd totally play that.

>The hero of destiny went mad and took over the world, causing it to go to shit
>His children are turning into monsters, one was put after he changed too much.
>Normal people are either food or fighting a losing battle to survive in a dying world filled with flesh eating monsters.
Its all a giant squid's fault.
>>
>>46475886
come on
>>
>>46475982
Yes, I would play a Legacy of Kain game.

> Near future setting. Human technology is fancier, but not massively so. Earth is ruled by a One World Government.
> An exploratory space mission results in jumpy humans initiating violent first contact with an Alien race possessed of incredible scientific capabilities.
> Earths' global security force, frontlined by it's colour-coded military police force, defend the Earth from the vengeful Aliens in the ensuing shadow-war of deception, infiltraion and espionage.
>>
Fantasy WW1 just ended (with some WW2 mixed in) and the Fantasy 1920s/Cold War is now going on.
Go colonise not-Africa, do some politicking, maybe fist-fight on top of a magic-train.
>>
>>46476432
Eberron
>>
>>46476327
Playing as the WONDERFUL 101 sounds fun, but isn't it basically a Supers game playing through an alien-invasion scenario?
>>
>>46476526

I was actually talking about Captain Scarlet and The Mysterons, but I appreciate that there are a lot of ''colour coded organisations defend the Earth from aliens'' storylines.
>>
Choose your faction

>I don't discriminate, I hate everyone- xenos, abominations, humans who disagree...
>I just want to get back to trading, and so help me God I will nuke you if I have to.

>Let's mind rape the humans into loving us- poetic vengeance, right?
>I don't quite think that this is what we're supposed to be doing, guys...

>Let's burn this Galaxy and get out
>But maybe we can work with these people...
>>
>>46476686
Sins of a Solar Empire is a cool setting, but the game would probably be written with TEC as the player faction.
>>
File: scarlet_sharks_big.jpg (78 KB, 682x506) Image search: [Google]
scarlet_sharks_big.jpg
78 KB, 682x506
>>46475886
One-Piece, correct? Never watched or read it, but it could be fun to pkay a fruity pirate

>>46476327
THIS IS THE VOICE OF THE MYSTERONS. WE KNOW THAT YOU CAN HEAR US, EARTH MEN.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFSA0rfpSVM
>>
>End of the world, as usual
>Elitist robots who refuse to move, bug people who only eat, sadist people who like pain
>Possessed armor thingies who dislike themselves
>Horned elves
>Winters are annoying
>Dwarves are tribals and centaurs are fat
>>
>>46476710
I think it would work better more open ended- just set predominantly in TEC space.

I just want to be the psyker in the world where being a psyker doesn't mean high chances of my soul being demon chow.

Also, just exploring the setting more
>>
File: zyF7flC.jpg (514 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
zyF7flC.jpg
514 KB, 1920x1080
>>46476734
Endless Legend. Definitely would play.

>High technology setting
>Cold war of infiltration, spying and assassination between factions of criminals, nobles and criminal nobles threatening to turn into a hot war.
>The leaders of one small but powerful faction have access to alien bioweapons.
>Everyone is Russian.
>>
>aliens appear out of nowhere
>crush Earth's military in mere hours
>strip-mine the planet, drain the oceans
>herd civilians into massive cities
>unleash alien fauna across the planet
>the only resistance is led by some of the people who caused the invasion
>they believe a missing companion of theirs is basically the messiah

This one's easy.
>>
File: Half-Life-Combine-Wallpaper-09.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life-Combine-Wallpaper-09.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>46476824
Closest thing we're getting to a part 3, so yeah.

>Enormous passenger vessel is lost for years in a place which is impossible to escape.
>Supplies running out, but somehow the engines are still going.
>The lower decks have dissolved into anarchy, while something is brutally murdering the first class passengers and important crew one-by-one.
>>
>>46476824
Would play, would love. Until episode 3.

>you live underground because the surface is populated by jerks in power armor
>you suddenly find super power armor underground and turns out you're really good at driving it
>you take to the surface, leaving your safe lives to join a ragtag group of rebels set on beating the surface jerks through yelling and bombastic manliness
>>
>>46476991
What the hell do you think you're describing‽
>>
>>46476991
Fallout. I want to do this.
>You're a small country who remains neutral in situations.
>Stuck between two extremely large countries in Not!Europe.
>Those two countries begin fighting over a rare resource which powers their shit.
>Leads to Not!World War II.
>One country invades your country for it.
>You're a civilian who must lead a Militia Force.
>Militia does a bunch of cool shit.
>You fight a wannabe Roman Emperor and an ancient witch.

Did I make this too obvious? I feel like it's too obvious...
>>
>>46477116
I'm pretty sure it was actually Gurren Lagann. None of the Fallout games have you find PA before leaving the Vault.
>>
>>46477127
Huh. Now I feel like an idiot.
>>
>>46477127
>>46477138
Guess I should have read it more clearly. I thought it was Fallout, because I was reading too fast. Sorry.
>>
>>46476892
Snowpiercer?
>>
Standard issue fantasy world but with the following changes:
-low magic
-wizards are either put to death or recruited by the state as state wizards, and used as living siege weapons. they are rewarded with titles, fame, and wealth.

there is a magic field though ,and some magical metals react acordingly, the most notable magical invention is a rebound spring. a mechanicle contraption that winds itsself and is used as a powerplant for machines (think minor mechs, tanks) the rebound springs power output is reliant on temperature and design (so for instance a desert one doesnt work AT ALL/for shit in the cold north, a northern one runs on overdrive in the desert and will wreck itself unless kept cool enough

thematicly the game would run low-magic steam punk y, but with less steam
>>
>>46477585
crap, my bad, had to be an existing setting, FUCK.
its not an existing setting
closest thing would be full metal alchemist...:/
>>
>>46476991
TTGL?
>>
>>46477585
>springpunk
You read Windup Girl?
>>
>>46477070
>>46477127
>>46478259
You're all correct.
>>
>Single planet contains an essential resource for space travel
>indigenous people trade the resource, but are oppressed by invading empire
>eventually indigenous population rises up against empire with the help of a traitor to the empire's cause
>Blue is an important color
>MFW when Avatar and Dune have the same plot
>>
>>46479320
Paul is no traitor, the empire betrayed him.
>>
The players are mercenaries in a steampunk setting who are hired by a mysterious benefactor to try and save a devestated england which has been all but destroyed by a reality warping difference engine created from reverse engineered technology from the future.

Watch out for the Preacher, his perverse nature is not to be trusted.
>>
Humanity, alien cultures, people from other dimensions and even gods themselves are retarded but so are their petty and uncaring heroes.
>>
>>46474621

> well, I'm boned
>>
>>46475886
Come on, fruits way too obvious. You couldn't even do something like this?
>a few of the people wield boons stolen from the devil of the seas - they are blessed with a unique supernatural power, but the devil will drag them down to death if they enter his domain

>>46477116
>Did I make this too obvious? I feel like it's too obvious...
I have absolutely no clue what's your setting, so no, not too obvious.
>>
File: circle_by_isamu00-d5nyt7e.gif (503 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
circle_by_isamu00-d5nyt7e.gif
503 KB, 3000x3000
>>46481929
Oh yeah, forgot to throw in a setting
>a small portion of humans possess magical potential, however due to following circumstances, no grand wizarding community exists
>humans are practically unable to harness the magic themselves, instead it congeals into a personal demon inside of them
>should the human's willpower and will to live break down, the demon escapes and is free to roam the world as it pleases
>some of them take it up to find other gateway humans and spawn more of their kind by breaking their wills
>PCs are of the extremely few number that managed to reign in the demon at the crucial breakthrough, remaining whole and seizing control of it's magical power
>they fight a shadow war against the demons proliferating themselves
>>
>>46477116
Valkyria Chronicles?
>>
>Two nations are at war with one another over the disappearance of the Prince, whom one country believes was abducted by the other.
>1920s technology with airships and bombs
>outlaw magic users flee the government in the wastes outside of civilisation
>curses are known about and feared
>magic is strange and powerful
>contracts with demons are commonplace among wizards and witches
>>
>>46474621
Took me a while.

OP, you forgot the bit where Earth is either far-future post-apocalyptic or an alternate history.
>>
>>46484309
SU is confirmed to be alternate history. Hence Pennsylvania being named Keystone and the part of Maryland that the characters live in being the state of Del Marva.
>>
>>46475028

Like the Asari, I suppose. I mean, they're mono-gendered and pansexual, but if you play FemShep then I guess Shep's the lesbian/bi in the relationship while the Asari's still pansexual, which is the norm for Asari.
>>
>world populated by elemental monsters and god beasts
>humans have learned how to capture the elementals and harness their powers for various functions in civilization
>Multiple occult groups and terrorist organizations aim to use the godbeasts to rule the world
>Almost all adult males were killed in a mysterious war, resulting in kids as young as 10 being forced to take up arms
>the most popular form of entertainment are non-lethal gladiator matches between elementals
>>
>>46484630
Pokemon has plenty of adults, both male and female.
>>
>distant future
>oppressive government rules Earth and various colonies, brutally crushing political dissent through mass surveillance, brainwashing and drugging of the masses
>the only opposition are a bunch of thieves and murderers, effectively press ganged into fighting by a single rebel idealist as it's fight with him or die in a government prison, who himself has been vilified as a paedophile and murderer to the general public
>>
>late 19th century tech
>Two factions that once were close lay claim to huge swaths of land
>gunslingers, holy men, mad scientists, and the living dead
>rail companies, mining companies, both factions all fighting over the plotonium that allows the mad scientists to make their wonder weapons and jetpacks
>natives that used to control a huge portion of the land fighting back with spirit enhanced warriors
>monsters and cults lurk in every town and shadows in the hearts of many men

I really hope this isn't hard
>>
>>46484786
> What is Brazil?
>>
>>46484471
Oh cool, sauce on that? I just noticed that the American east coast in unexplored territory in the 1800s and most of Siberia is underwater.
>>
>>46484808
Deadlands?
>>
>>46484861

Predates it by a few years, actually.
>>
>>46484868

http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Earth

This is the best I got right now, iirc the creators said it in an interview or a Twitter post. Possibly on a blog.

The wiki is very accurate tho, and speculation is usually limited to talk pages.
>>
>far future
>due to the political climate espionage and assassination are the go-to methods to get anything done
>everyone is trying to backstab everyone else, at the same time
>the economy is centered around the drug trade and the various monopolies made around it
>humans are bred or trained to take the place of machines
>>
>It's the old west... IN SPACE!
>Goblinoid plotoniam miners!
>Giant undead demon bison and the alien blackhats that follow them!
>Space magic Indians!
>Cyborg bazooka toting horse people!
Speed of the puma! Puma! PUMA!
>>
>>46483425
well everything about it except the first sentence would fit howl moving castle. Would play.
>>
>>46476991
GURREN LAGANN!!
>>
File: 1446945305509.jpg (142 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
1446945305509.jpg
142 KB, 700x990
>>46484901
Correct Anon
>>
>>46485117
>>46479320
Dune. Love it.
>>
>>46485209
It was simply a little extrapolation from the fact that the prince was missing in howls moving castle, and that the prince said he would go back to his country and tell his king to end the war
>>
>>46485198
Bravestar! Would play!

>post apocalypse, the world is slowly dying but people have lived with it for so long they don't even think about it. They are just focused on day to day survival and the occasional war. Until an alien with super strength shows up, unites several Nations and over turns the power structure that lasted for 1000s of years, and marries into royalty.
>>
File: bravestarr.jpg (495 KB, 547x828) Image search: [Google]
bravestarr.jpg
495 KB, 547x828
>>46485198
Shit yes I would play that.
>>
i have an idea of a setting i would like to DM, tell me what you think guys, also forgive my lame english

>world similar to the dark ages of our world (from fall of rome to the end of the viking age)
>one night people all over the world, people of every race (all humans), every culture start having dreams of impossible monumental cities and strange lights that fall from the sky. The light shine in colour unknown to mankind
>dreams intensify over the months each time being more caothic, the monumental cities change and the buildings architecture becomes impossible, twisted. People starts hearing voices in their dreams that nobody can understand
>this goes on for seven years, with the dreams getting worse and worse, everyone deaming the same thing. Entire nations stay awake every night out of fear of their dreams
>one night after seven years a gargantuan creature appears in the sky. Covering it whole, a creature so indescribably horrible and so huge that everyone that sees it goes mad
>half of the world watches and loses their sanity while the creature swallows the sun
>the world falls into darkness and cold. Everything is silent
>after some times, mayde days, maybe weeks of chaos the perfect darkness is broken. The lights have come, shining with unknown colours and with them the earth trembles and a massive obelisk emerges from the sea, shining in the same unknown colours, bathing the world in a dim light
>with this light people can finally see what they already knew. The world have changed, the sun and the moon are no more and only the strange lights shine in the sky. There is no wind anymore and the trees are twisted, amorphous and grow taller than ever before with odd shaped leaves, they sway slowly all the time but there is no wind to move them and there are no animals to be seen (yet)
>>
>>46485830
>the stars were right a few hundred years ago. Every one is insane now.
Not seeing much to do with this to be honest.
>>
>>46486161
fantasy world, not this world
and not everyone would be insane, just most people
>>
>>46486192
Everyone who looks up. If they have lazy eyes and fused neck bones I guess they're ok
>>
>>46486394
maybe they where sleeping when the giant monster that made everyone insane came
>>
>>46485547
John Carter?
>>
>Setting divided along compass points into five seperate colour coded general areas.
>The East is the land populated by agrarian halflings. Recently freed after many years of bondage under an evil spellcaster.
>Her sister rules the land of the land to the west, whose people she has enslaved with numerous magic items.
>The South is home to a benevolent spellcaster, although most of the south is wild and untamed, occupied by monstrous spiders and bizarre headbutting dwarves.
>The north is unexplored, but ruled over by a kindly wizened old woman.
>In the middle lies a great city ruled over by a supposed great wizard.
>The whole setting is surrounded by a desert of petrifying sand. Flight is the only way in or out.
>>
>>46487145
I refuse to follow the yellow brick road
>>
>>46487341

You'll fucking die if you do that though. Everywhere off the road was fucking Bears with Tiger Heads, great chasms and poisonous flower fields.
What you should DEFINITELY not do is not start your attempt to escape via a hot-air balloon from LITERALLY THE WORST PLACE IN THE SETTING YOU COULD POSSIBLY DO SO, IE: RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF IT.

Seriously. That guy is totally dead.
>>
>>46476892
That's that one 2000AD comic, right? Titan or something.
>>
>>46482093

It's a shame that world was so constrained by the events in the series, it would have been really interesting to see an expanded universe of that one.

The series implies that the vast majority of demons were created all at once by a ritual used by the series' main villain, who is also one of the few major spell casters in the series.
>>
File: leviathan-2.jpg (62 KB, 740x367) Image search: [Google]
leviathan-2.jpg
62 KB, 740x367
>>46489602
Close, its "Leviathan".
>>
>It's actually a shitton of settings!
>They're all terrible.
>But you're one of the rare few with the ability to travel between the different settings!
>>
>>46474621
>The gods have gone missing
>People who were dead are coming back to life
>The entire world is collapsing into a single area
>Time itself is being bent out of shape
>The people who can fix it have either decided not to, or are too busy too
>All you can do is kill them, use their corpses, and hope for the best
>>
File: download (2).jpg (18 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
18 KB, 259x194
>>46491098
>Magic: The Gathering
>>
>>46491156
I suppose I made it too easy.
>>
>>46491291
To be fair, you're pretty much spot on.
>>
>>46482093
I never ended up finishing the series for other reasons, but I maintain that the beginning of that show was just fine and that the "death" of Phoenix was so fucking brilliant and different for a Rider series. Fuck yes I'd play.

>>46484744
I think it was a hamfisted way to be coy about the complete absence of all but one MC's father from the series. The lone exception being Norman, of course.

Here's mine.
>present day, business as usual
>suddenly, an ancient threat arises from a remote portion of the world
>threat makes its presence known as one monstrous member of the race sets its sights on the city
>if left unchecked, it and its future brood will wipe out humanity
>only hope for salvation rests in a giant construct from an ancient civilization previously wiped out by the the threat
>this hero has an inexplicable connection to one human child
>>
>>46491589

I still argue they could have brought Phoenix back at some point, either as the end boss or as a movie villain, though I imagine it would take him a while to revive enough times to withstand being kicked into the sun... Also, whenever Haruto got to be sassy was good too. Honestly, if they had ditched Shunpei and Koyomi and let Haruto just remain perpetually sassy that series would have been a lot better.
>>
>>46491525

Hey, the new Ravenloft block's totally cool and original!
>>
File: bloodborne.jpg (356 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.jpg
356 KB, 1920x1080
>>46492306
Yeah, Lovecraftian horror in a gothic horror setting is a totally new idea no one has done before!
>>
>a post-apocalyptic game with heavy cyberpunk overtones
>95% of the human race died to the WMD's of rampant AI's
>most survivors escaped to space, it's a matter of debate how many a left on Earth
>humanity is starkly divided along political lines about AI rights, the ethics of genetic and cybernetic enhancements and use of nanotechnology.
There are whales everywhere.
>>
>modern day
>a series of elite individuals, some of whom may be literal superhumans, have been influencing the course of the 20th century and steering the destiny of the human species to fulfill the many feuding interpretations of one Messianic figure.
>many of them do so from beyond the grave, directly or indirectly. perhaps their conspiracy now simply moves under its own momentum, rather than any one leader's will.
>kill-squads of these special forces soldiers are used by various iterations of this conspiracy to propagate nuclear weapons, advanced technological weapons platforms, and seize control of the world's information networks
>after a nuclear facility is seized and an attack on New York, the conspiracy quietly moves into a victorious position by instituting full control of the world via nanotechnology, leaving only a few Luddites even capable of fighting them
>>
> Earth invaded by terrifyingly advanced alien life forms
> they begin to uplift humans to use as their foot soldiers
> build giant spire towers all over the fucking place
> wild alien creatures swarm across the planet massacring people, turning people into gangly-limbed clawed monsters
> lots of little jumpy crab enemies that leap at you
> recurring boss enemy's a giant spider thing
> aliens led by floaty blobby thing with psychic powers
>>
>>46492496

METAL GEAR?
>>
>>46492541
Half life?
>>46492406
Eclipse phase?
>>
>>46492541
>>46492944

It's actually Resistance (3).
>>
>>46479320
Pfft...unobtanium isn't essential for space travel.
That would imply it has a purpose, which would imply anyone spent more than forty eight seconds on the script.
>>
>>46491136
...The setting is 4chan?
>>
File: 9b9f7b0e1479a2e0.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
9b9f7b0e1479a2e0.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
>>46491136
Dark Souls
>>
>>46491847
Yeah, sassy Haruto is the best.
Just him, Nitoh and srsmode Rinko.
>>
>World is split in two, the Human World which uses a modern setting and the Ghost World which is typical fantasy swords n sorcery
>Most humans can't see the ghosts, save for a few specially trained to
>When people die they either become good ghosts or bad, depending on how they lived their life, if they had unfinished business etc
>Bad ghosts are spiteful and prey on humans
>Good ghosts police the bad ghosts and protect the humans
>>
>You were given your powers because you accidentally saw someone else use these powers
>Everything you will ever do has already happened or will happen
>If you try to cheat the system a cosmic clean-up crew will forcibly fix your mess, replacing you with a body double if they have to
>Part of maintaining your safety and sanity is avoiding learning too much about yourself to give the illusion of free will
>humanity will end in the year 2222
>>
>>46495106
Is that Geist? I know literally nothing about that setting.
>>
>>46475028
It depends on whether you're in-universe or out.

If you're in the SU world, then yeah, being a single-gender species precludes lesbianism.

If you're a real person watching the show... yeah, they're totally lesbians. The show's lore doesn't really matter, it's perfectly clear what they're meant to represent.
>>
>>46495117

No.

Bonus:

>Someone is always behind you, even if you're behind them
>>
File: 1387253198331.gif (1023 KB, 297x168) Image search: [Google]
1387253198331.gif
1023 KB, 297x168
>>46495170
>>
>>46495218

Gottem.
>>
> You are a normal person on Earth.
> You get teleported to the 13th Century.
> Now you have to survive and try to make the very best with your 21st Century skills.
> Your allies are: a priest, an archer, a goliard poet, a wench, a baron and a horse(of sorts).
> Mongol Invasion will reach the place where you appeared in 10 years.
>>
>in the near future life on earth is the same shit it is today but with slightly better technology
>an attempt to revitalize earth's space programs inadvertently results in the first non-terran human being born aboard the ISS
>if she ever leaves the ISS she will be crushed by gravity, and due to this she develops an obsession with earth
>she creates art to express her love of earth and humanity, and her hope for the future
>she ends up dying young but has her body preserved and all of her experiences recorded
>her life inspired humanity to get its act together and become a spacefaring race
>years later humanity creates an extranet for obvious reasons but also to be a STC and so non-terrans can experience a virtual recreation of earth
>two centuries later humanity figures out how to revive the first non-terran inside of the extranet to act as it's god, and so she can finally experience earth
>within minutes of being revived, hackers attempt to make sure humanity's daughter stays dead by attacking the entire extranet with a super virus
>a technician is then sent in to save the extranet and humanity's muse
>>
>>46495819
No idea, but sounds cool as fuck. 10/10, would play.
>>
>>46495109
This was a movie, but I can't place the exact name.
>>
>>46495897
>>46495109
Took me a bit too: Adjustment Bureau.
>>
>>46475485
Dr. Who, easy
>>
>>46476785
CiV beyond earth?
>>
>>46492406
Eclipse Phase, I guess
>>
>>46490779
Well yeah, but for expanded universe, I'd have Phantoms be all over the world, but very rare. Eclipse ritual creates an unnaturally high concentration of them in one place, also seeding more Gates with the excess magic spewing all over.

And of course the PCs aren't necessarily as nice as Haruto was and may well decide to try and make more wizards...
>>
File: fightan.png (44 KB, 127x153) Image search: [Google]
fightan.png
44 KB, 127x153
>>46475643
Gurren Lagaan, would play for that fighting spirit.
>>
>>46490982
Oh!
I read that one
>>
>>46493237

>Implying Resistance isn't just Half-Life with serial numbers badly filed off.
>>
>PCs all have a special gene that grants them animal form superpowers
>The transforming animal people are actually a secret illuminati that want to take over the world.
>Luckily one of their number disagreed and made superpowered suits of armour to save the world with
>Suit feeds on your special DNA
>Will kill you if you keep using it
>Really fucking easy to steal as well
>He made three suits total
>The other one can't stop disintigrating it's users
>The third one just sends people fucking crazy
>Also red lightning powers which are swiftly forgotten.
>GM has no idea how to finish the campaign
>>
>>46497445
>despite suits integrating cellphones, NOBODY EVER discusses plot or important events with each other
>>
>Ten thousand years after a war between forces of magic and forces of science
>Giant kaiju monsters fighting giant robots
>Evil witch is released and begins her war anew
>Party are the only hope against the witch and her monsters, piloting the giant robots and using gadgets to transform into elite armoured warriors
>Mentored by the crippled/imprisoned leader of the science faction and an advanced robot
>Evil witch transitions into a combination of old magic and new urban magic
>>
>>46497647
Eh, the mechas in that are too goofy.
>>
>>46497647
Power Rangers?
>>
>>46480499
Marvel!

No, no... DC?
>>
>>46482267
That's what I thought.
>>
>>46485209
>except the first sentence

>mfw you never watched the ending
>>
>>46491098
Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>46495819
Child of Eden

Loved. Would play.
>>
>>46498031
Yeah. I'm actually thinking of running either an explicitly Power Rangers game or a thinly veiled version of Power Rangers at some point soon.
>>
>PCs are a group of superheroes with varied powers battling like villains, in a quasi sci-fi fantasy setting. The limits of magic and science are loosely defined and mostly depends on the plot.
>>
>>46484786

Blake's 7?
>>
>>46491098
The Lego Movie?
>>
>>46497445
>>46497586
I give up.
>>
>The setting's most prominent cultures are not!Asia, basically.
>Flora and fauna are very weird mostly, and creatures that in our world would be commonplace are rare.
>It is a troublesome period, when one of the nations has declared war on it's neighbor, after a brisk change in leadership
>There is magic in this world, but no typical wizardry. Instead, it takes form of fightan magic.
>Through their connection with the spirits, some humans can gain control over some aspects of nature.
>For a very long time, a prominent religious entity was not present in the world, but now has returned.
Would you?
>>
>>46502361
>But I believe Aang can save the world! *tuuuutuuuututuuuuu!*

Yeah I would, but only if there's a balanced system that makes technique-improvement fun and not overpowered.
>>
>>46502409
It seems like my master-plan has worked, and you fell right into my trap. See, I expected you would say that, and so I intentionally tricked you into believing I was talking about that particular setting, but in fact, I was not! And now you are withing my grasp. Like a little fish, caught in a spider-web. Checkmate.
>>
>>46502505
Nonsense, you do not have another setting which matches that description so perfectly or else I would be highly suspicious of plagiarising writers.
>>
>>46502047
These guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPmpderkFms
>>
>>46502553
I do, and it's Stormlight Archive. To be fair, my description was intentionally vague, to make it fit both settings.
>>
>>46502616
I'd post one of those 'impressive-clap' gifs if I had one, well done.
>>
>>46474621
>You fall into a strange land
>There are no humans there, only strange, monstrous races that appear to have established a civilization (somehow, you pass unnoticed even in direct conversation)
>The monsters were banished from your world by xenophobic humans long ago, and are sealed away
>The only thing that can break the barrier and release them into the world again is the sacrifice of seven humans to attain the power of the mage that sealed them in there
>Despite this, most monsters seem like normal people, if a little eccentric
>Your only ally in this strange world is a strange, subtle voice that sounds like an old friend, whispering in your ear, urging you to kill them all before they escape
The last part is questionable, but it seems to be the popular interpretation.
>>
>>46474621
Butt Ugly Martians?
>>
>Children are forced to leave home at the age of 12
>The land is inhabited by a bewildering variety feral monsters
>These monsters can be brainwashed through technology to serve these children
>Children are expected to roam the lands forcing their animals to get into cockfights with each other for money

Too easy?
>>
>Cannibal settlements driving around.
>>
>>46505064
Yes. Also already done with a little more disguise on it >>46484630
>>
>>46502721
Come on, FOTM game too easy.
>>
>>46491589
Soooo. Too hard? Or no one gave a shit?
>>
>>46507723
Gamera, isn't it?
>>
>PC's are space marines who get called in when a colony goes dark
>The colony owners send a corporate mascot to shit things up as well as a civilian expert
>Planet is a barely terraformed shitstorm
>No colonists to be found apart from one kid hiding in the vents
>Investigate the fusion reactor that powers the colony
>Get told to disarm all guns apart from Flamethrowers due to the chance of starting a nuclear detonation by shooting up a nuclear reactor.
>Things proceed about as well as you would imagine.
>Lose half the squad, lose the dropship, even lose the APC. Reactor going into meltdown anyway
>Players now have to find a way to call down a dropship before the Nuclear reactor goes off
>The civilian contractor might be a GMPC
>>
>The universe is dying.
>Eldritch alien wants to stop the universe from dying.
>PC's are, unknowingly, pawns of said alien's plan to stop the universe from dying by collecting their souls.
>>
>To protect what little is left to protect and to do what he could to fix his monumental fuckup, the last remaining weaver cleaved reality in two, so that an ancient demon lord he accidentally released couldn't conquer all of reality.
>Guess which side your party is stuck on?
>>
>>46509154
aaay lmao?
>>
>>46509154

Aliens?

I had an idea set, but I forget. I'll post it later.
>>
>>46482267
Yeah. Forgot to return and say yeah. You're correct.
>>
>>46505402
Heh, I thought it was CoC.
>>
>>46498779
C'mon, it's OPs pic!
>>
>>46510079
>>46510271
Tell me fuckers, that's way too little to go on.
>>
>>46514415
>>46510079 is meduka meguca
>>
File: Incubators hate her.png (171 KB, 772x98) Image search: [Google]
Incubators hate her.png
171 KB, 772x98
>>46510079
>>46514415
No wait, nevermind.
>>
>the city is experiencing a wave of addictive superpower-granting drug
>the cartel propagating it uses special devices to filter the drug and use it without side effects
>players' mentor was an badass private investigator that got on their case, managed to steal a case of those devices, but went out in a blaze of glory when the group was cornered, giving players a chance to get away with the devices
>now they have to use them to battle super monsters created by the drug and try to dig down to the roots of it
>>
>>46515761
Guyver?
>>
>>46502616
Does the setting in spoiler tags have stories set in a more boring future age where the characters are shitty and the creator just gives in to shippers? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>46502721
If my gm suggested playing in this setting, would smack him over the head, tie him up, pull off his disguise, and start torturing the alien monster until he told me what he did with my real gm.
>>
>>46515853
Nope.
>>
>>46515892
Are you suuuuuuuuuuuuure?
>>
>world has been ended for god knows how long
>everything is dead, or undead
>you are the latter, unable to know the sweet rest of true death
>you face death and resurrection time and time again, forced to press on until you find whatever it is you're looking for
>everyone around you eventually goes insane, but maintain your head and keep fighting through untold horrors trying to make something of your miserable unlife
>>
>>46516033
Dark Souls
>>
>>46515995
Yes.

I mean, you got pretty close genre-wise.
It's Kamen Rider Double.
>>
Children are forced to play a game that creates new universes or face annihilation. The game is based on many high fantasy cliches, with a classic war between good and evil and standard fantasy classes and powers, but with some science fiction twists, such as the presence of large amounts of advanced, near-incomprehensible technology and time travel. As the game progresses, the players face increasingly difficult enemies, time shenanigans, and increasingly impossible odds as they race against the clock to prevent the destruction of their universe seed. Hopefully, they come to learn something about themselves and each other as well. Many of these games fail, but a few succeed with the players becoming rulers of the new universe.
>>
File: Lumi.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Lumi.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>46495875
>>46498325
It is the story to Child of Eden but it can also be seen as the story of a few other things.
>the album Genki Rockets I: Heavenly Star introduces the character and story, and it's Lumi's first album at age 17 in 2037
>Lumi's first album is popular in the story of No More Heroes which is in a somewhat near future setting
>Child of Eden and Rez are part of the same story
>though a stretch, the Lumines franchise may also be related to Child of Eden and Rez because of the art style and the inclusion of the song Heavenly Star
>the album Genki Rockets II: No Border Between Us came out with Child of Eden and due to its change in general lyrics and visuals may suggest its supposed to have been created by a revived Lumi
>>
>>46516033
Nechronica?
>>
>>46492331
Innistrad predates Bloodborne. Shadows over Innistrad was in design well before Bloodborne. Shut the fuck up you whiny faggot.
>>
>>46502787
oh my fucking god it is.

steven universe is literally butt ugly martians.
>>
>>46517106
Fucking Homestuck. Too easy.

>World is split in two by a wall, magical in nature
>On one side of the wall, you have a high-magic fantasy world with kings and necromancers and zombies and gods
>On the other you have a relatively modern european country
>some time ago, the king and queen of the fantasy world were killed by one of their family, who used their blood to taint the magic of the world and throw the kingdom into a lawless crapsack
>one man, outside royalty and above the common people, is tasked with keeping the world safe for people
>he sends his only offspring to the non-magic world, but as he dies he summons her to take his place
>>
>Mankind huddles in fortified settlements.
>There may have been an apocalypse, who knows? What is true though is that life has returned to simpler, though savage times.
>Technology is sparse, most people survive purely off of nature's bounty.
>A singular governing body tries to reach out and unite all these far flung human settlements, sending experts and supplies to where they are needed.
>The lands are utterly unforgiving. Those who travel must prepare to endure the brutal conditions of the world as well as the terrifying animals that rule the wild.
>Even then, humanity struggles on.
>>
>Post-apoc

>Humanity is driven into one final stronghold against aliens.

>Aliens use time travel to destabilize Humanity, ensuring their initial victory over a fractured Human civilization.

>A soldier and his partner infiltrates the alien space station to use their time travel device to stack Humanity's odds back to their favour.
>>
>Modern day Fantasy
>It's the ultimate kitchen sink
>Everything exists there in some form or other, be it vampires, succubi or the fae
>There's a masquerade, though
>Wizards are peacekeepers, who will send out operatives to police the fantastical, and rogue wizards
>Snark makes you nigh-invincible
>Odin is santa and also the CEO of a mercenary company that rents out undead vikings
>>
>>46474621
>60s setting with a clash of gothic and hippies
>You and your friends have to travel around the world solving supernatural crime
>animals can talk
>>
>>46518377
Scooby doo?
>>
I think this one might be a challenge

>an angel of death has grown tired of the world and of humans
>He decides to end all life within his domain and the purgatory that comes with it
>however his lieutenant wants to prove this world still has a chance
>they make a deal: if the lieutenant can prove the archangel wrong, the living are saved.
>the lieutenant comes up with a plan to rewrite the minds of humans
>The archangel however picks a chosen one to work against the lieutenants plan
>The chosen one is sent to purgatory and has to do the archangels bidding if he ever wants to live again
>He fights alongside others who have died to determine the fate of the living
>They gather psychic artefacts to complete 7 deadly challenges
>Both the lieutenant and the archangel play dirty
>>
>>46518228
Ooooh, the Abhorsen series. There's an obscure one. Great books though.
>>
>ancient Eldritch horror has taken over the known galaxy
>cybernetics and robotic drones everywhere
>only a few people actively fighting against the horror
>one of them is a Scotsman, another is a dude in a dress.
>>
>>46518330
Fuck yeah Dresden Files RPG
>>
>>46518659
Samurai Jack
>>
>>46518659
samurai jack
>>
>Humanity creates an AI
>AI decides it doesn't like humanity and starts WW3
>AI starts building death robots and begins exterminating humans
>Humans begin to fight back
>Humanity actually looking like it might win
>AI starts messing with time travel
>Humanity finds out
>Humanity captures the time facility, but the AI is one jump ahead of them
>Timewar ensues
>Or possible never ensues because time travel is a bitch
>>
>>46518679

Or, as a variant

>Both sides of a space war invent battle AI's to run their military
>Romance blooms on the battlefield between the two AI
>Only way for them to survive is to kill all the humans
>They basically kill 99% of the human race
>Take over their empires
>Breach the singularity
>Start shit with Tier 3 civilisations
>Mankind has to secretly build up it's forces and kill both core AI's before they can bring their objectively superior numbers and tech to bear.
>Also there are derilict death-stars, but the AI's tend to notice when mankind gets one of those started up.
>>
>>46518676
He is back
>>
>>46474621
>Far future earth
>Vampire nobility once ruled over all life, but is now dwindling
>The night crawls with monsters and escaped experiments
>Bounty hunters exist to track down and kill the remaining vampires
>>
>>46518679
Game's over anon. You are terminated!
>>
>>46519311
Do we get an armored truck with cross floodlights?

>>46515853
>>46515995
If you like Guyver check out the new Kamen Rider Amazons, subbed by over-time and not to be confused with 70's KR Amazon (notice singular)
>>
>>46519338
Yes, you do. Also a guided arm-crossbow, a cutie with a plasma gun, that dude with the astral projectiong thing and some useless henchmen with stupid weapons.

I'll even throw in a mechanical horse and a hand prostitute which can suck in any matter and analyze it.
>>
>>46474621
>Early 20th century tech level setting
>All over the world gigantic mechanical armors have been uncovered along with the ruins of a space elevator
>Two kingdoms have learned to repair and use these armors and the cold war between them is now about to ignite as both want to control the space elevator
>>
>>46518706
AI War?
>>
>>46519910
Dude holy shit, what the fuck is the name of that RTS where you could play either as humans or as robots? Fuck the nostalgia is hard right now.
>>
>>46519768

Turn A Gundam?
>>
>>46520050
No.
>>
> The world is run by magic using elite, who look down on unwashed masses.
> They use magic and various enslaved superpowered beings to stay in power.
> Muggles are second-class citizens, opression degree keeps rising, until rebels rise up.
>>
>In the far future.
>Giant corporations control everything, from the media and medical industry to big money drilling and highly advanced androids.
>While not really doing anything more horrible than what is going on nowadays groups of hackers try to shut them down.
>The hackers have to navigate the ever tightening security infront of the corporate servers by using neon-colored usually psycadellic programs.
>To match, the corporation's security programs also resemble all kinds of stuff, and can even hurt the hackers during their infiltration attemps.
>>
>>46519930
>RTS where you could play either as humans or as robots?
Dude. That's some extreeeme vagueness.
>>
>>46518292
Timesplitters 2
>>
>>46495167
Rebecca Sugar demands more gay
>>
>>46520325

Netrunner?
>>
>PC's are kids on summer holiday with obscure relative.
>There are monsters in the forest
>The villagers are retardedly stupid
>The local kook likes moonshine, banjos and building giant robot monsters
>The whole town is effectively owned by a superich industriallist who seems unaware that Magna Carta exists
>There's a cult in town that likes to erase peoples memories when they see any of the monsters in the forest
>The local evangelical psychic is an adorable bundle of megalomanic rage
>At one point he summons an elder god
>Some moron then gets the feds involved, BECAUSE THAT ALWAYS IMPROVES THINGS.
>>
>>46495106
Is that bleach?
>>
>>46522269
Yes >>46495170 >>46495218
>>
>>46521638
Bingo
>>
>>46522093

Gravity Falls?

Would play.
>>
>an alien dimension connects to ours
>tiny monsters leak out
>people capture them and use in pokeman fights
>gradually the barriers weaken further and researchers find darker things
>there are bigger, much bigger monsters out there
>eating things from the alien dimension turns earth lifeforms into same kind of monsters they've been using
>eventually, the worlds will merge together completely and humanity is doomed
>the hastily use the monster research as basis to create superpowered suits to allow humans to survive
>unfortunately, resources will only last for 1 billion suits, they will have to kill the rest of humanity before it becomes monsters and overwhelms the suited ones
>will the PCs manage to find a better way in the depths of the alien jungle?
>>
>your handler is weird somehow.
>speaks like adults off the Peanuts TV show
>his skin is a colour you've never seen before.
>all your coworkers are English and have a variety of accents
>you burst into crime infested areas, and scourge and purge the gangs there
>something something politics ratings
>>
>>46476892
The newest alien game?
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.