[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be a bad idea to attempt to play a three headed character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10
File: Drei.png (353 KB, 624x319) Image search: [Google]
Drei.png
353 KB, 624x319
Would it be a bad idea to attempt to play a three headed character in a game of D&D? I'm talking, just a massive conjoined twin that just ended up with the heads of all of them, obviously with a slightly larger than average body to match so it doesn't look too freaky.

Is this just too special snowflakey? Would it be weird or too time consuming for me to RP all three characters at once? It just seems like such a fun idea, but I don't want to get weird with it.

Apologies for the somewhat lewd image, you'd be amazed how hard it is to find art of people with three heads.
>>
>>46473386
>>>/d/
>>
>>46473749
Did you read the post?
>>
File: Brave Sir Robin.png (536 KB, 692x480) Image search: [Google]
Brave Sir Robin.png
536 KB, 692x480
>>46473386

It isn't weird to me unless you took it into magical realm territory.

If you think you're competent enough to RP 3 characters at once go for it.

One last thing, try to talk with your GM over what advantages/disadvantages having 3 heads in battle would have.

>Also parody this scene at least once or you're dead to me.

https://youtu.be/cFdgjYoBMIg?t=74
>>
>>46473386
you'd be playing 3 characters, you'd have stats that could be min/max into being over powered, having a conversation could last hours, as a door keeper npc where you interact with once in a while, I can see it as okay, but a constant character, eeehh... not so much
>>
>>46473386
Not weird to me. Ettins and two-headed ogres have been a thing for a long time, I can't see why a three headed one would be out of order, race notwithstanding.

Special snowflakey? Nah, not snowflakey, but special? Absolutely. Don't expect commoners to have reasonable reactions to your appearance.

RPing all three characters at the same time should not be time consuming. Consider a pet class or a wizard with summons, all of whom can speak - they are side characters and do not get much dialogue. The same would go for your case - you could have a bit more dialogue than a regular character, but not by a large margin. Consider also the fact that conjoined twins are usually defective in some way, mentally more often than not, so the other heads would probably not be as talkative as a single regular human each.

Regarding stats, the above also applies. You can't really minmax it, as you'd have the same amount of feats/skills/whatever, as all your heads would have had the same amount of learning opportunities as the others. You could, however, have different heads be more inclined towards different skills to give them more character.
>>
>>46473810
I definitely don't intend to get magical realmy with it.

>>46473828
I can see your worry there, and I considered that myself, but

>>46473931
What this guy says about issues in conjoined twins could suffice to not just do constant RP as three characters.

As well, I considered having the different heads be slightly different skill-wise, I didn't want to min-max, so I figured I'd just relegate it to a roleplay aspect.
>>
>>46473386
Of course it's weird, but that's no reason not to do it.
>>
>>46473386
>D&D
Pretty bad. More free concept systems: easily.
>>
>>46473386
google and rule34 has failed me, source?
>>
>>46473386
Well, there was already a race with three minds in D&D called the Synad, introduced in the Psionics Expanded book.
>>
>>46474549
>>46473386
Synad in the Expanded Psionics book for 3.5 or PF version on DSP Psionics Unleashed. Three minds. Just assign each head the powers of the three minds as a refluff and you're good to go.
>>
>>46476046
http://gammatelier.free.fr
http://gamera1985.deviantart.com

No specific link because at work so can't browse the gallery, but look in the conjoined section.
>>
File: 75114.jpg (81 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
75114.jpg
81 KB, 400x392
>>46473386
Just play a Three-Headed Leskylor. They are shit enough to be homebrewed into a playable race.
>>
>>46473386
>Apologies for the somewhat lewd image, you'd be amazed how hard it is to find art of people with three heads.
Yeah, it's pretty hard, unless you go furfag.
>>
>>46473386
My uncle showed me his three headed mini he made for AD&D. Was pretty cool, especially since he customized the heads and made them into the three stooges.
>>
>>46473386
Go one step further and be three people playing the character, one for each head.
>>
>>46473386
Actual multiple-headed animals do exist (like that adorable snake that turns up in filename threads occasionally), how do their nervous systems work?
>>
File: mutant.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
mutant.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
>>46473386
> you'd be amazed how hard it is to find art of people with three heads.
Took me 5 seconds. In a wider sense of "people" at least.

Also Triglaw, some Hindu deity and Eisenhower / Oppenheimer / Whatshisname revenant in Requiem.
>>
>>46473810
This is exactly what I was going to suggest.

Just change one of the heads out for Brian Blessed, and it'll be perfect.
>>
>>46473386
I think the best option would be to give the two secondary heads a quick character sheet with personality traits, and let other players RP them.
You'd need people you can trust with it, but as long as they respect the guidelines you should be able to avoid most obstacles (roleplaying with yourself and using the other heads only when it suits you, mostly)
>>
I played a multi-headed goddess in a game once, that was pretty weird but cool. Obviously not the same as a conjoined mortal though.
>>
File: 0a2.jpg (39 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
0a2.jpg
39 KB, 500x375
>>46476109
This shit is legitimately disturbing.
>>
File: what the fuck.jpg (43 KB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.jpg
43 KB, 540x303
>>46476109
>it goes back to fucking 2003
>>
File: human-hydra-hybrid.png (746 KB, 594x731) Image search: [Google]
human-hydra-hybrid.png
746 KB, 594x731
>>46473386

>only 3 heads
>not playing a Half-Hydra PC

Get on my level.
>>
File: HowDoesSheDoHerHair.jpg (355 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
HowDoesSheDoHerHair.jpg
355 KB, 900x900
>>46480358
Unfortunately, I found out about this guy through adorable art like this. Why are artists always so fucked-up?
>>
>>46480358
>>46480674
Come on anons, it's just harmless fun
>>
>>46480674
>>46480358
>>46480601
Hey at least it's not naga's den.

>>46480601
Although, what's the actual problem with going back a while? Nice to see the artist evolving.
>>
>>46480674
Your new Aracockra character.

>>46481145
Armless-style kickboxing monk!
>>
>>46481400
>Although, what's the actual problem with going back a while? Nice to see the artist evolving.
It's not bad, it's just weird. The internet was barely even a thing back in 2003. This nigga's been uploading this shit for 13 fuckin years. There's probably people postin on this fuckin website right now who were born when this mother fucker was uploading amputee fetish stuff, and he's still updatin. It's impressive if anything, in a frightening sort of way.
>>
I think a player rping three characters at the table of an otherwise normal DnD game would be awkward as fuck. Two could work, but three is ridiculous.
>>
>>46481145
hArmless fun.
>>
>>46480358
I take it you don't spend much time on /d/.
>>
>>46473386
Is there an accepted etiquette for Siamese twins dating? Like, you couldn't really hope to sustain a relationship with someone your sibling didn't also like.

Also this guy's question. >>46479335
Do two-headed animals control half the body each, or am I basing this on the one episode of Futurama?
>>
>>46481881
>The internet was barely even a thing back in 2003.
Hey, Google had existed for 5 years by then!

. . . I'm not old.
>>
File: img_20151204_0812171.jpg (63 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
img_20151204_0812171.jpg
63 KB, 480x480
>>46484953
According to Wikipedia:
>In cases where multiple heads are fully developed and non-parasitic, they share control of the organs and limbs, though the specific structure of the connections varies. Animals often move in a disoriented and dizzy fashion, with the brains "arguing" with each other; some animals simply zig-zag without getting anywhere.

Also there's at least one real life instance of human conjoined twins turning out looking like two heads on one body. Though they actually have a lot of doubled organs inside as well. They do each control one side.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.