[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #772
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>>Google Drive
>>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing
>>>Jumpchain IRC Chat
>>http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
>>https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA
>>>Rules
>>http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn
>>>How to Jumpchain
>>https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view
>>>Last Thread
>>46458749
>>
Is Ninja anon here?
>>
>>46472820
No edition and excessive amounts of greentext carried over from last time. Op should commit sudoku.
>>
>>46472877
>>>Greentext 2: The Greentextening
>>
>>46472820
Next time, wait for someone competent to fix the OP, okay? All of us have to suffer from your stupidity.
>>
>>46472877
>>46472933
No, this is fine.

In fact, we should have him do it again next thread.

Remind people to appreciate all the 50 CP cash options we're given every other jump.
>>
File: canus__colors__by_blurukus.png (3 MB, 1600x2688) Image search: [Google]
canus__colors__by_blurukus.png
3 MB, 1600x2688
What are some great jumps for regen
i want to get to regeneration from a single cell at least
>>
>>46472953
Marvel for the speedy regen, SCP Foundation for the 'come back from a cell' part.
>>
>>46472933
Wow, if a messed up OP is suffering, we live in a very ideal world. No wonder we all jumped at the chance to get out.

>>46472953
SCP jump has a great one.
>>
>>46472953
Anomalous Physiology from SCP lets you survive being reduced to a single cell and eventually heal back to full, but it doesn't boost your regeneration speed. So combo that with other regen perks and you'll have it.
>>
>>46472861
Briefly. I'm about to hit the sack.
>>
>>46472991

Two questions how can I get the tenzengan if it is a kekkie genkai and can you add Crystal style?
>>
>>46473011
If you want the Tenseigan you have to go to the moon and kill Toneri for it.
>>
File: 1442360036852-3.jpg (136 KB, 914x914) Image search: [Google]
1442360036852-3.jpg
136 KB, 914x914
>>46472969
>>46472970
Thanks I've already picked up marvel, prototype, scp, multiple shape shifting perks, magical body, shoggoth, techno-organic, karma kameleon + karmatron dynamics and solipsistic integrity from Evangelion

I'm looking to be nigh unkillable based solely on an opponents inability to destroy by physical body before i reform completly
>>
>>46473054

The point is that if he dies or loses enegry they revert back in to the byakugan
>>
>>46471886
Only have to buy at the beginning of the Jump, you can get more authorities by killing gods and they don’t cost. Only the starting ones cost, because these are customs that people are probably going to go a little overboard with.
And Yes, yes it does, buy Immortal/Inviolate you will have to fight a god and win, however you can just learn hermetic? Magic, and gain eternal youth. Immortal puts you on the path to a god fight due to the fact that the only things with that level of mystical toughness are the Gods and Campione in-universe.
Should I make clarify that in document?
>>46471970
Yes, you could, however please make it so you have a legitimate reason to be fighting him, because he’s supposed to be asleep. King of the End is also based of King Arthur (and Vice Versa in universe), so use his Panoply and legends to build Authorities.
>>46472035
Not Every Jump has Companion Choices, however what would you like to see for Companions?
>>46472298
Fluff, wanting to shank Doni (I shut down anything electric with a klick, can shut down entire cities and has in the past) while not a Campione (which will not get you Authorities), the Mandatory Drawback means that at minimum, unless you devote lots of time to it, everyone at minimum everyone thinks you’re a blood knight.
And what dis guy says
>>46472433
And Finally
>>46472526
Magician lets you learn magic, get a damn cool power, and have support, and generally not have to do anything.
Heretic God gets you a set powerset and the ability to use it very well right off the bat, but anywhere but Japan and possibly the US the Campione will on onto like blood hounds unless you are really discreet.
Campione gives you one to three new powers (based on spending) that are hard to master, and every time you kill a Heretic God, you get an Additional 1 to three powers, and unless you want to go total shut-in, the Magic Associations will be Jockeying to Curry your favor, the other Campione might wish to fight you.
>>
>>46473101
That only happened because Naruto and Hinata had destroyed the Tenseigan Chakra Reactor that he was drawing off of. So just don't let that be destroyed.
>>
Sorry for the triple Post
>>46472024
Huitzilopochtli according to Wikipedia is a War God as well as the Sun god. Your power sounds good, but you could also add someone making a traditional Azetc sacrifice (maybe animals for mild boost, human for greater) to you would massively boost everything
> His name, which means "hummingbird of the south," came from the Aztec belief that the spirits of warriors killed in battle followed the sun through the sky for four years. After that, they were transformed into hummingbirds. Another Source says the souls of warriors and women who died in childbirth were called to serve him
So, you could have any followers of yours that die in battle be able to be called to your side.
Hmm Also said to be so bright none could look directly upon him, and had to view him through the arrow slits in their shields. So be able to manifest Sunlight in a blinding Aura around yourself.
So 3 authorities.
A Physical boost (Speed, Strength, Reaction times, etc) that rapidly exhausts yourself, or may be fueled by ritual sacrifice for an even greater boost. Decide whither or not it has to be human.
2ed, anyone that serves you who dies in battle or childbirth may be summoned by you, Choose Flesh or skelly, or both with the degree of power telling if flesh or skelly.
Finally a Blinding Aura of Sunlight that blinds everyone that looks upon you.
>>
File: Campione Jump V.6.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Campione Jump V.6.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46472553
From what I can tell the Larger the number of Authorities you pull from one god, the more restriction are on them. All Authorities, whither gained in-Jump, or through Entrance to Campione! Have the same limitations and restrictions. So if you Kill Verethragna as the Campione origin and take the 10 Incarnations (which are 10 authorities), you would have the same limits that Godou has. If you kill (Kill-stealer) Verethragna in jump and get the 10 Incarnations, you still have Godou’s Limitations.

Now, Version .6
Just a Small change to Uncommonly Discreet
Addendum: Using your non-stealth based Powers will reveal your true nature
>>
>>46473143

So I have to drag that thing around with me?
>>
>>46473157
Oh, cool. I admit, I wasn't thinking of this as my main Campione power set, just a relatively minor Authority I'd get from fighting him while I was there. But with this expansion on it it does sound appealing. Maybe I'll buy him as my initial Heretical God.
>>
>>46473185
Yeah, but you could probably seal it inside yourself. Toneri just wasn't able to because he himself was sealed so as to be unable to affect it directly (also why he had to steal Hanabi's eyes to turn into Tenseigans instead of just grabbing his out of the reactor). You should be able to get away with it.
>>
>>46473011
>tenseigan
Take it from Toneri the tiger. That's not going to be easy, as I'm fairly sure you have to do it without killing or exhausting him iirc, but it's a BBEG. It shouldn't be easy. Once you steal it, it'll work better the more of the following you buy: Hyuuga, Uchiha, Rinnegan, Senju.
>crystal release
I wasn't planning on it. Remind me another time and I'll look into to it a little more.
I'm for bed.
>>46473132
>Yes, you could, however please make it so you have a legitimate reason to be fighting him, because he’s supposed to be asleep. King of the End is also based of King Arthur (and Vice Versa in universe), so use his Panoply and legends to build Authorities.
Believe it or not, I'm not going for power. I just want to derail the plot as hard as possible. I figure he's supposedly dwelling in that sword, so blowing it up should gak him in theory. I'll figure out a way for it to happen completely by accident just to troll Lancelot and Guinevere even harder.
I will of course also prevent Goudo from gacking Verethragna one way or another.
Wahahaha
>>
>>46473011
Legitimately though, remind me about Crystal Release tomorrow. I might forget about if you don't. I'll probably add it in if it isn't ungodly powerful.
>>
>>46473223

Thanks for the answer I was looking for you for over a month now.

>>46473218

Thanks anon
>>
>>46473176
No harem perk? I'm surprised.
>>
>>46473195
Googled his name, found everything on the first results page

>>46473223
That's Fine, but Please Don't have that be the Backstory for the Campione Origin

>>46473280
I was less focused on the Harem parts. Do you want a Harem Perk? If so what Kind?
>>
>>46473132
This may have been answered but what happens if you take Campione and Drawn Aggro? Or if you are a Campone are you unable to take that drawback?
>>
>>46473132
>wanting to shank Doni while not a Campione
Not really seeing how that's a good reason.

>the Mandatory Drawback means that everyone thinks you’re a blood knight.
Doesn't apply to Heretic God, and doesn't say you have to be known as a blood knight, just that you'll be known as having a significant moral failing; plenty of those to choose from, and for many Jumper's they can pick something true.

>And what dis guy says
...That was me, and I was saying that you're significantly unbalancing backgrounds. That wasn't supporting your point.

>Magician lets you learn magic, get a damn cool power
A significantly lesser, much more expensive power that you can only get one of compared to HG/C's multiple choices. And... is there anything stopping you from shanking Hecate or Odin or Thoth or Enki or... [lot of choices] and taking vast magical ability as an Authority?

>but anywhere but Japan and possibly the US the Campione will on onto like blood hounds unless you are really discreet.
So? If you want to get in fights, you can; if you don't want to, you can be discreet very easily with in-tree purchases (Uncommonly Discreet and/or a Stealth Authority). That's not really a reason to make the origin far more powerful than 2/3rds of the other origins.

>Campione gives you one to three new powers (based on spending) that are hard to master, and every time you kill a Heretic God, you get an Additional 1 to three powers, and unless you want to go total shut-in, the Magic Associations will be Jockeying to Curry your favor, the other Campione might wish to fight you.
...Sorry, were you trying to list a downside somewhere here, or...?
>>
>>46473361
>Googled his name, found everything on the first results page
Yeah, I just wasn't thinking big enough with him. I was thinking doing only a single Authority to amp up its power, but there really is a lot of room to do multiple things with him.

Speaking of Authorities and what you can do with them, I don't see any mention of how Campiones have themes that manifest how their version of the Authority manifests. Like how Black Prince Alec is the Thief and has powers for escaping or trapping pursuers, or how Voban is the Tyrant and Hunter and has powers meant for dominating and cornering prey, or stuff like that. Do we have to choose a theme that colors our Authorities, or does Jump-chan fiat mean we don't have to be so consistent?
>>
>>46473069
I would also suggest going to Terraformars and then getting an M.O. Operation with a flatworm.
Another thing you may want to pick up is Self Molecular Manipulation or whatever it is from the upcoming X men jump when it comes out. You might also want to get something that backs up your memories. Memories are not a part of your brain they are stored as signals in your brain. So they can't regenerate.
>>
Re-asking this: >>46469331
>>
>>46473480
That's not exactly true. Memories do have a partial physical structure, your brain is self-modifying and will make physical connections between neurons in order to better store specific pieces of information. You could have your mind wiped of the signals and still have some vague bits of memory thanks to the neural links causing you to associate certain types of information together. But you'd still probably lose them if you had your brain destroyed and regenerated, most forms of regeneration just reproduce the general pattern of the organ and not the exact one as it originally was before the damage. Doing that would require either backing up a perfect blueprint somewhere else, or the ability to reverse entropy.
>>
>>46473541
They help you combine technologies that would otherwise be incompatible due to complexity issues or being based on different principles or stuff like that. The canon example is Project Centipede, which made supersoldiers by shoving every bit of enhancement technology HYRDRA had into a single subject and keeping them from tearing him apart with super-cancer or other metabolic issues.
>>
>>46473361
Reasking this >>46471998
>>
>>46473551
Or a supernatural mode of existence. Personally, I like being a Doll from Necrhonica. All my memories and thoughts continue to exist even if I'm reduced to a bit of non-neural tissue.
>>
>>46473480
If he has Anomalous Physiology from SCP he won't have to worry about regenerating memories.
>>
>>46473069
Better take What Doesn't Kill Me from Generic Virtual World then.

It makes you more resistant to types of damage the more you're exposed to them.
>>
>>46473611
>>46473637

What are other good alt-forms and perks (as in, explicitly keep memories beyond the body) you can pick up in the chain for that?
>>
>>46473661
Really any setting where souls are canon and are seen as the "self" (ie not places like Fullmetal Alchemist where souls are just energy and separate from the mind)
>>
I could use some stand help. I have a name (live to win). I have the ability that I want it to do http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Ability_Transcendence I just don't know how to do a stand that doesn't have a form and I don't know if this is too powerful.
>>
What magic system can be taught without any prerequisites?
>>
How grand is Camping resistance to magic ? Is it around Empty night level ?
>>
>>46473453
>...That was me, and I was saying that you're significantly unbalancing backgrounds. That wasn't supporting your point.
Did not realize that was you talking

>A significantly lesser, much more expensive power that you can only get one of compared to HG/C's multiple choices. And... is there anything stopping you from shanking God of Magic and taking vast magical ability as an Authority?
Yes, Okay Immortal (which is free for Campione and Gods) Gives a large deal of magical puissance, which comes with the Campione Package, and Gods get in setting. This is pure Mystical Might, without any knowledge or control backing it up. One of the basic in setting spells is break a match. The first time Godou casts it he breaks a tree (an old one too). Killing a God of Magic would not grant you magic, but rather something based around magic or likely, one of their other portfolios.
>So? If you want to get in fights, you can; if you don't want to, you can be discreet very easily with in-tree purchases (Uncommonly Discreet and/or a Stealth Authority). That's not really a reason to make the origin far more powerful than 2/3rds of the other origins.
Wait what do you mean 2/3s, I think you mean…
Okay, I think I see something now.
I’m not looking to write something balanced, I’m looking for something to write a story with. Drop-in is based on making friends and helping them, on being the normal who walks with Giants Magician is not the power origin, but it is the origin for telling a story about some who is part of the Masquerade, who jockeys for position at the foot of giants and can attempt to step up to the table.
The Heretic God is the story of the Legend descending into the Modern world, and you get to craft that story. The Campione is the Man (or Woman) who did the impossible, and thus has become a legend. What tales will they tell of your deeds?
>>
>>46473661
Some anon used Marvel power combos to become a shapeshifting ball of Adamantium.
I imagine he doesn't have much of a problem with getting his memories blown away.

Pretty sure Shoggoths don't have or need brains, as their entire body serves that purpose.

Quantum Evolution from Worm take a drink states that you don't have any sort of core and can recover from brain destruction without harm.

T1000s don't have/need brains either, from what I can tell.
>>
>>46473711
>I’m not looking to write something balanced
Then you should take your jump elsewhere.
>>
>>46473711
There are better ways to make a story focused jump then unbalancing it. Look at Dirge's jumps for a great example, all of his scenarios are great. Sword and Sorcery is also an excellent example of giving the chance to tell a story without making one origin the must buy.
>>
>>46473758
Speaking of that has there been any update on the S&S scenarios?
>>
>>46473699
Lots of stands don't. They just enhance the wielder.
>>
>>46473786
Haven't heard anything. Last update I know of was that he was balancing the Worm update with the SS scenario stuff. Given the size of both things, I'm not surprised it's not done yet.
>>
>>46473361
>Yeah, I just wasn't thinking big enough with him. I was thinking doing only a single Authority to amp up its power, but there really is a lot of room to do multiple things with him.
>Speaking of Authorities and what you can do with them, I don't see any mention of how Campiones have themes that manifest how their version of the Authority manifests. Like how Black Prince Alec is the Thief and has powers for escaping or trapping pursuers, or how Voban is the Tyrant and Hunter and has powers meant for dominating and cornering prey, or stuff like that. Do we have to choose a theme that colors our Authorities, or does Jump-chan fiat mean we don't have to be so consistent?
Campione don’t have theme’s that they express through their Authorities, rather the Gods are the ones with themes. When you kill a God, you in general get the Authority most suited to you that they have.
Again Doni, The Greatest Swordsman in the world, has Make a Divine Sword out of anything (Nnuadha), shutdown anything made after the middle ages within x km radius (Vulcan), Become as strong as steel (Siegfried), and send all magic widely out of control (Dionysus). All his powers are themed around bringing combat back down to personal skill with a blade, and let him do that. But, that’s because the Gods he killed had Authorities that suited that theme.
Does that make sense?
>>
>>46473711
I love that jump. Thanks for it.
>>
>>46473176
Does the Say My Name perk at least let you know who is calling for your help?
>>
Would it be too much fanwank to say I can construct EX rank noble phantasms with EX rank item creation, the crafting capstone from Viking saga, the entire maker tree from darksiders, master crafter from king Arthur proto nasuverse (for amazing fairy crafting), the crafting perks from God of war, unnatural skill from Percy Jackson, soulfire from Dresden files, do one thing at a time from dinotopia (doubles quality and halves crafting time), and soft cap and a century or two of practice?
>>
>>46473916
Essentially, I want to make a variant of proto Excalibur that, instead of shooting excaliblasts takes the same amount of energy and concentrates it around the edge, trading range for loads of power.
>>
File: Campione Jump V.7.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Campione Jump V.7.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46473393
>This may have been answered but what happens if you take Campione and Drawn Aggro? Or if you are a Campone are you unable to take that drawback?
Edited, will have change and explanation in version .7
>>46473513
>Re-asking this: >>46469331
Okay Lugh the Long-Handed. From what I can see from looking up, and what I remember, Lugh didn’t learn fast, he just learned enough to be competent at whatever he did. So while all the other gods were supernal in one area, Lugh could do anything. I would say less a learning speed increase, but rather he could do anything masterfully, but only to the Limit of Human skill.
>>46473708
>How grand is Camping resistance to magic ? Is it around Empty night level ?
About the same, Empty Night (Dresden Files right?) just needs a Starborn to bypass, but otherwise, works. Campione has several Weakness
>>46473758
>There are better ways to make a story focused jump then unbalancing it. Look at Dirge's jumps for a great example, all of his scenarios are great. Sword and Sorcery is also an excellent example of giving the chance to tell a story without making one origin the must buy.
Which jumps are Dirge’s, so that I may write mine better
>>46473902
>Does the Say My Name perk at least let you know who is calling for your help?
Yes it does
>>
>>46473943
Most of the final fantasies, Ragnarok Online, Blame/Biomega, the Ar alchemist games. All of these show scenarios that are much better for what you want. Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs is also a great example of a story focused jump.
>>
>>46473943
>Lugh
So basically the ability to be as skilled as human limits in every skill right off the bat like some sort of super version of Leet from worm? I'm down with that. That sounds good.
>>
>>46473971
>>46473943
Isn't that broken to some ungodly level? Giving you best in the world skill with thousands of different skills, even if it doesn't include magic that seems overwhelmingly good.

This is seeming more and more like a redo of Percy Jackson but with much more power grabbing.
>>
>>46473992
Don't forget it only costs 100cp.
>>
>>46473916
I think you could make 'better than A rank', and indeed make things better than Ex eventually, but they wouldn't be officially Ex rank.
>>
>>46473971
You mean Uber.

>>46473992
Oh yeah it is, but that was Lugh's big thing. He walked up to the gate of the court he wanted to join, and said I'm a Spear man, the gate man said already got one, and Lugh Listed every occupation that a person could possibly have and the guard said we have one of them. Lugh then went do you have someone who can do everything, and that's what got him accepted.

Also, its better the Percy Jackson, as here there aren't being running around who you will interact with you can throw out a Die effect (not Save-or-die, just die)effect that only requires eyesight to take effect, are impossible to kill, and will never keep a promise (they're called the Olympians)
>>
>>46474045
What's the difference?
>>
>>46474053
I think you seem to be completely misunderstanding. So far the jump seems obscenely broken, handing out ridiculously powerful/hax abilities like candy and only encouraging the same in all future jumps. It'd be great if you could turn this into less of a blatant power grab, but given your origins, I doubt we'll be seeing it used as anything but murderhobo fuel.

It's not better then Percy Jackson, it's the worst kind of jump in that it's seeming to be made just to give out as much power as you can.
>>
>>46474053
I did, indeed mean uber. I will now go to the shame corner.
>>
>>46474082
You might as well not bother anon. He's said he doesn't give a shit about balance and complaining about power will just have you shit on by everyone that just wants moar powah.
>>
File: Bartimaeus Series Jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Bartimaeus Series Jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
close to done. added a few drawbacks, nerfed breaker of chains...couldn't find what anon was saying about the summoning horn.

this is very nearly done!
>>
>>46474094
Yeah, whatever. No point to it. Does make me kind of regret slamming PJ in the past now that I see how bad it could have been.
>>
>>46474082
I think you have one or two legitimate complaints and your outrage at not having them addressed has caused you to unfairly decry everything else about it.
>>
>>46474082
Eh, Not what I made it for at all, besides I'm Attempting to fix it.

On Lugh, All authorities must be activated, this is a baseline part of the setting, should I put that in explicitly, I figured it was kinda obvious? So now, its a less expensive version of Tutorial from SAO, which costs stamina/mana to use, and only works on skills.

Nerf Lugh, fine, Only competent in everything, not a Master, look you just got Tutorial at half price.

It's not like FSN where You import a Master and choose servant and post jump get to roll around as a nigh u- killable physical god.

And I Am Trying To FIX IT so its not as broken. It's very simple, I Restore the Authority Price to 600, give it the Campione and Heretic God Discount, keep the first one free, because that’s what it was originally, and I thought People might like to get more than one authority from the first god.
>>
>>46474082
For example, complaining that the series rewards murder is an issue of 'some people are playing wrong by killing things and I don't like it' problem. You don't like the setting or the premise itself. You can't help that, but you also cannot fairly critique something if you're that hostile to people playing in a way you don't like when that way is the point of the setting itself. It's also not the jumpmaker's fault.

On the other hand the origins are unbalanced, which is a basic problem that should be corrected, regardless of what the series' intent is.
>>
107. Fallout 4
Perks: Crafter, Chemist (-100), Wasteland M.D. (-200)
Mutations: Rad Resistant (-200), Snakeater (-200)
Gear: Starting Gear [10 mm Pistol], Vault Tec Bobbleheads (-50), Magazine Collection (-50), Silver Shroud Armor (-150)
Companions: Import Legendary Companions (-650)
Drawbacks: All Roads, There's a Settlement That Needs Your Help (+300), Weakened (+300)

Chimmy: Railroad Human, Charmer, Night Person (-100), Lead Belly (-100), Night Vision (-100), Starting Gear [Brass Knuckles]
Falco: Railroad Human, Charmer, Mister Sandman (-300), Starting Gear [Machete]
Roberta: Railroad Synth, Charmer, Night Person (-100), Infiltrator (-150), Starting Gear [10mm Pistol], Chem Cooler (-50)
Ko'el: Drop-In Synth, Crafter, Mysterious Stranger (-100), Benevolent Leader (-200), Starting Gear [Security Baton]
SoB: Brotherhood of Steel Humans, Commando, Pain Train (-300), Starting Gear [Laser Pistol]
Asriel: Railroad Synth, Charmer, Night Person (-100), Lead Belly (-100), Night Vision (-100), Starting Gear [Laser Pistol]
Isaac: Institution Synth, Chemist, Science! (-300), Starting Gear [Laser Pistol]
Toby: Drop-In Human, Crafter, Mysterious Stranger (-100), Benevolent Leader (-200), Starting Gear [10mm Pistol]

I'm a Minuteman. Well, a sixty minute man, but generally they lose track of time within the first few minutes.

Anyway, I work for Preston Garvey. He said that I could have a job that matches my specific skillset, lets me travel all over the territory, and will keep me interesting for Jumpchan. It's fucking great, and Preston is amazing to work with. He's an idealist, and I want to help him make the world a safer and freer place. So, I follow the path he points me on, and I fend off those who would harm the hardworking people of this world. I heal where I can, because I'm still a doctor even without superpowers. I am capable, which is a nice thing to say.
>>
>>46474190
Tutorial makes you learn things quicker and makes your teachers better, I think you might be mixing this up with something else?

I think the biggest issue (Apart from the severe balance issues between Campione and everyone else, Gods to a lesser extent) is just making sure you get the power level of authorities right. You also need to rebalance the origins, especially if Campiones/Gods are getting 2200 CP worth of perks for free.

Not sure why you're using FSN as an example, you're hardly anything like that by the end.
>>
>>46474193
not really, no. No mortal is going to be as or more powerful than a Campione. That's as much part of the in-universe lore as anything else. So the Heretic god and Campione origins are going to be unbalanced and overpowered, nothing anyone can do.
>>46474190
Don't worry. I've seen the jump, and I like it. There will always be someone or the other that won't, so don't worry about that.
>>
>>46474252
Our methodology for correcting that sort of imbalance is to charge extra for the backgrounds that are innately better. I've seen costs from 200 to 1000 before, the idea being that taxing you in such a way is like a handicap in gold and makes the cheaper origins more appealing than they would be if they cost a similar amount.
>>
anyway, does anyone have any opinions about the Bartimaeus jump? Gimme feedback!
>>46474097
>>
>>46474252
Power and balance aren't the same thing all the time. What people are saying is that the Campione and God origins are many times more appealing then the others. Plenty of jumps handle this just fine, Asura's Wrath for one where it strikes a balance between being a citizen and a potentially planet busting demigod, so you can't use that as an excuse.
>>
>>46474271
I believe you would make more headway with them if you offered direct suggestions.
>>
>>46474266
that...is being done? Campione costs 700, and HG costs 400... maybe he should make heretic god a bit more expensive
>>
>>46474287
The problem is that, as of now, Campiones get 2300cp of perks free in addition to an entire perk line, as well as all of their perks generally being many times better then the other origins. Gods are the same situation, just to a lesser extent. Even making Campione cost a 1000cp still means you get over double what you pay off the bat.
>>
>>46474287
That is a potential way to handle it, to further increase the price.

There is also a novel idea in offering origins like Magician more discounts. Such as, more items, or double perk lines. However that's a lot of extra work and I'm not familiar enough with the material to say if adding twice the perks for them would be feasible.
>>
>>46474169
Different anon, anon.

>>46473711
>Yes, Okay Immortal (which is free for Campione and Gods) Gives a large deal of magical puissance, which comes with the Campione Package, and Gods get in setting.
So, not only is the magic you get from Magician weaker than HG/C's Authorities, but the latter two actually get to be stronger than Magicians in magic on top of it for free.
>Killing a God of Magic would not grant you magic, but rather something based around magic
Like, say, skill at magic equivalent to or surpassing Magician?

>I’m not looking to write something balanced,
Yeah, that's pretty blatantly obvious.

> I’m looking for something to write a story with. [Origin story positions]
Here's the thing: None of that needs to be unbalanced. This is, when you get right down to it, a CYOA, a storybuilding excercise using limited points to select from options of theoretically roughly equivalent value. Making some choices blatantly inforior versions of other choices doesn't support that; if you have a perk that says "you can fly at 10000 kph and also turn at that speed" and another perk that says "you can fly at 10000 kph but not turn at that speed" and they're the same price, you're not supporting stories. It's just a waste of perk space. If someone wants to limit the options they get beyond what the perk does, they can already do that, so you're achieving nothing; for the character in the story making the choices, there's absolutely no reason to choose the worse option over the better one.
An origin doesn't have to be as "good at combat" strong as another to be worthwhile; there love of builder and engineering perks proves that. However, it does need to be distinct and worthwhile; when one origin has a choice and another has "basically the same choice, only cheaper and it does it better and can also do other things" that's a badly designed jump. It doesn't serve any purpose.
>>
>>46474055
Basically just semantics. In the setting it would mean something that can only be hurt by ex wouldn't be enough but that is it. Outside of Nasu it really wouldn't matter.
>>
>>46474097
...i'll come back later
>>
>>46474365
Looks good man. There's really nothing I can say against it, already said last thread or the one before all I loved about it.
>>
>>46474097

Looks great anon
>>
>>46474372
>>46474380
so.. should I wait, or upload already?
>>
>>46474399
Didn't you say it was nearly done? Is it already ready?
>>
>>46474365
>>46474399
I'd say wait, maybe point to it later today. It takes people a while to read so some people may be going through it right now, but it's also 5am EST in the USA, and most people here are Americans, most of which are asleep. So people will be coming on later.
>>
>>46474236
Other highlights include:
>leaving messages for the Lone Survivor with Preston Garvey
>companions basically saving the entire railroad multiple times
>being seen as a horrible mutant by the people I save
>blasting through the Institution wherever possible
>eating so much radiation that I glowed like a lightbulb and then throwing a rave to celebrate saving a town
>having Preston actually flirt back once or twice
>turning laser weapons into space heaters and back again
>I FUCKING HATE MOSQUITOES
>Crab is delicious, though.
>Especially the biggest crab

>>46474365
It's very early morning on a Tuesday. You really, really should come back in like 14 hours.
>>
>>46474401
No, it needs some formatting and cleanup still... what I meant was, if I should post the ultimate-final version here or not if this one already is liked and approved.
>>46474405
I figured as much. Thing is, the time when everyone will be online...I'll be asleep
>>
>>46474422
I have no idea why you wouldn't format and clean it up, so that one I guess.
>>
>>46474422
You could have someone repost it for you later. Then you could get feedback while you sleep and wake up in abject terror of what people might have said about your work.
>>
>>46474347
Good enough for me. I'll start making my EX-rank-in-all-but-name noble phantasms then. I wonder what I'll make for my companions.
>>
>>46474422
Always post the ultimate-final version on here in addition to uploading it to the drive. And congratulations, it's a jump! /balloons-and-streamers
>>
>>46474430
I don't get what you're saying here, sorry
>>46474438
I thought of doing that, but someone said that people around here would get pissed off I wasn't around to field questions in the immediate afterwards...maybe I'll time it when it's early night for me and late afternoon for the USA.
>>
You Know what, Here the Campione! In universe food chain
Mundane Mortals
Magicians (or in the context of Dealing with Gods or Campione, Cannon Fodder)
Divine Beasts (the Hydra, Dragons)
Gods
Campione

The only option Magican’s have again Divine Beasts is swarm them and pray you can kill it.
A God Descends, you pray that a Campione is in the Area to kill the God, otherwise appease the god and get it away from population centers, and hope it doesn’t decide to fight.
Athena by Accident, caused a Fucking Apocalypse merely regaining her powers, and she was barely defeated.
So, a Campione natural passive power set is near unbreakable bones, age locked immortally, Massive magical reserves and magical regeneration rate, a Supernal Battle, Enhanced Stamina, Luck Manipulation and passively being very lucky, Magical resistance to anything less than divinity backed mystical attack, unless channeled into the body through a kiss or a weapon lodged in your body. On top of this, They Get between 1 and 3 powers on average from every god they kill, based on that god’s legend.
I didn’t give a Damn about the Campione power, I could model them using the Fucking DnD jump if I felt like it. But I decided to make the Campione! Jump, because I felt we could use a New Jump, where men without any power could challenge the gods. So I made it. I presented it, and I get a reasonable request for a power. I look up the guy and present it. I get a Thanks. Next a Guy asks about Lugh. I give what his legend gives him. People go that’s broken. Well it is, I can make that a Damn Noble Phantasm too, and it would still be as broken.
I came here for people to go here will this work better, but no one has given me any feedback I can use besides it’s fucking broken, and not telling me how to goddamn fix it.
>>
>>46474492
I made some suggestions >>46474304
>>
>>46474492
Firstly, multiple people have told you that power is not the only way to make origins balanced. You've apparently ignored these people.

Pretty sure Val would just laugh in your face if you actually wanted to get that Lugh power as an NP.

People have told you plenty of fixes. You've ignored them constantly and stated that you wanted to make this for story, not balance.

Finally, if Campiones really are that absolutely beyond everything else in the setting, perhaps that is a sign that this will simply not work well as a jump. Or that you need to make this jump focused entirely on them and not do it the traditional way.
>>
>>46474513
Thank you, I'll get right on that.
>>
>>46474492
>Men without any power could challenge gods
This is fucking laughable. The rest of your post is going on about how only Campiones have any chance whatsoever against Gods and you say your intention was to show how weak people can triumph over the strong? Hahaha.
>>
File: image.jpg (266 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266 KB, 894x894
>>46474533

http://youtu.be/N3472Q6kvg0
>>
>>46474492
Dude. Relax. You're doing fine. Anyone who knows anything about Campione knows that it's not supposed to be balanced in any way. Twisting and bending the jump to make a mortal have a chance against Gods and Godslayers would be to go against the very spirit of the universe and its lore. It's like making a RL jump, and then whining that the 'Ant' origin isn't equally as powerful as the 'Human' origin. So yeah. You're doing fine. Keep an eye open for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, and ignore everything else.
>>46474518
they have? I didn't notice any.
>>
>>46474565
To be honest, as badass as both Asura and Raiden are, neither of them are great examples for 'normal guy overcomes a god'. The closest to that ideal I'd say, despite not actually killing any gods, is Guts from Berserk. While he might not have killed any gods (yet, I doubt Griffith is getting out of this deal alive) he's the poster man for a normal human triumphing against those far beyond him in power.
>>
>>46474576
>People say again and again that balancing origins isn't just about power but about making them equally appealing and give examples of jumps where this has worked perfectly
>NO IGNORE THOSE GUYS YOU'RE PERFECT THEY JUST WANT POWERPOWERPOWERPOWER
>>
>>46474592
You can give criticism without being a dick, you know.
>>
>>46474592
sure...whatever you say. Me, I'm just holding up a mirror. Sure, you want 'balance'. What mythical balance thing is this supposed to be, if not power?
>>
>>46474622
You can actually read the criticism people give instead of assuming they are all out to get you. I gave you that response because you posted a stupid one in the first place. You need to read what people post instead of just assuming none of them have any idea about the series and only want each origin to give power.

>>46474631
>about making them equally appealing
>equally appealing
>equally appealing
>appealing
>appealing
Is it just me or do we have a rash of people that don't actually read the other sides posts and just assume whatever supports their side lately?
>>
>>46474097
Just read through it, I'm not familiar with the series but it seems pretty good
>>
>>46474649
dude...when one origin can squash the other like a bug, the bug is never going to be appeaking
>>
>>46474674
And yet the Demigod and Citizen origins in Asura's Wrath manage it. As does every other origin in that jump, despite Demigod's being potentially planet busting in power.
>>
>>46474674
Hey, Bayonetta's Drop-In tree is pretty nice.
>>
>>46474674
Power power power. Do you ever think about anything but how strong something is?
>>
>>46474492
Um. Hmm. >>46474518 does have a point though, if the Campiones (and the Heretic Gods) basically take up the limelight of the setting, you might want to reconsider how you've approached the origins.

Also, IMO don't be afraid to allow jumpers to cross the streams (ie don't restrict perks to an origin, nor make perks so cheap/expensive for one origin that it distorts the CP economy for other origins). That's why the discount structure exists, so that jumpers who want to buy something outside of their primary background can do so, at the cost of less points for other stuff.

Just my two pence. Hope it helps.
>>
>>46474701
>>46474492
If you want an example, look at the Bloodborne jump. One origin, you pick your discounts from each tier of perks and it works perfectly. Just make the origin Campiones (With an option to count as drop in for the sake of memories, since some people want that) and then make 4 perk trees based on varying characters and abilities that they have. Balance problem solved and you focus on the main point of the series too.
>>
>>46474518
>Firstly, multiple people have told you that power is not the only way to make origins balanced. You've apparently ignored these people.
I Know That, but no one has said how till after my rant just now
>People have told you plenty of fixes. You've ignored them constantly and stated that you wanted to make this for story, not balance.
Plenty of fixes? I had just 1 person, he said look at Dirge’s Jump and the Sword and Sorcery on how to balance. I had another couple point out errors and things I need to correct. I had several questions on how the Jump worked that let me clarify how it worked in the document. One guy that picked an utterly broken power, that everyone complained about. I had say make the Campione and Heretic God more expensive. I finally had someone say to make multiple perk lines, to give more item discounts.
I Give the Rant and get helpful Advice.
>Finally, if Campiones really are that absolutely beyond everything else in the setting, perhaps that is a sign that this will simply not work well as a jump. Or that you need to make this jump focused entirely on them and not do it the traditional way.
Focus Fully on Campione, or Don’t make it an Origin, ok.
>>46474719
Thank you, that works.
So Before I go a Rip the guts out of my jump, to everyone in the thread.

What would all of you like to see for the Magician Origin to make it appealing? What would interest you in it?
>>
The Hime-Miko linehave some cool shit.
Spirit Vision, Divine Possession , Disaster Purification, Spirit Sensing, Ectoplasm and Spirit Body.
They even have their own style of martial arts called Shuto Ancient Style.
They even have the have the potential to become Witches.
>>
>>46474824
I mean to link this >>46474921
>>
Quick question folks, so I wanna do a Reborn Jump, but the whole "No Import Options" thing has put a damper on my enthusiasm to do said jump.

It's all about the Family ya know?

I read somewhere a while back that if I have either the Companion Housing or Capsule, I can get over this hump. Is this legit? If so, what can I do to get them to benefit as much as I will on the jump? I.e. Two Flames among other things.
>>
>>46474953
No, neither of those options are legit as they are not accepted supplements.
>>
File: 1402121080222.png (365 KB, 992x909) Image search: [Google]
1402121080222.png
365 KB, 992x909
>>46474965
...dammit. Well, thanks for the answer chief.
>>
Are there any legit ways to take companions with you besides the capsule from the warehouse jump?
>>
>>46474985
And purchases? Blue Feathers. Those are legit, even if some people dislike that.
>>
>>46474992
Would the blue feather be single use?
And I've only ever played one Harvest Moon game, but aren't they for proposing marriage?
>>
>>46475014
It's single use unless you use Cheat mode from Minecraft on it to clone it infinitely.
>>
>>46474992
They're legit in the same way that Tera's PS238 jump's option to get things from other jumps or series is legit.
>>
>>46475014
Oh, and yes, this method only works if you are willing to marry everyone.

>>46475030
Here is the aforementioned 'person who doesn't like it but can't do anything but complain'.
>>
>>46475030
How? There isn't an option for it?
>>
>>46475040
Anon is saying he dislikes it and feels that it is an exploit. You can purchase them. They are legal. That's all that should matter to you, if you're willing to use them.
>>
>>46475040
The jumpmaker put it in the jump and ignored all criticism. So it's there but you'll generally be pretty reviled for taking it.
>>
>>46475055
I've never seen anyone actively 'revile' anyone for it, funny enough. You individually complain about people doing it and threatening them, but I have seen no widespread condemnation.

Also most of the complaining about Blue Feather happened after the jump had been out for a while, because a lot of the most vocal complainers don't read jumps and so don't notice things until someone else points it out to them.
>>
>>46475036
Hm, not really sure how I feel about it myself.
I'm honestly just curious on how people can wind up with 8 companions.
You can only get 7 pods in the warehouse jump I'm just trying to figure out how making someone a companion works.
Jumping gets lonely
>>
>>46475083
Pokemon itself gives you six. Most people pick up companions from companion granting purchases that are free or cost points, which do not require a pod.
>>
>>46475083
Tsukihime companion are fairly cheat with each consecutive buy and they are loyal to you. Never regret taking so many drawback for them.
>>
>>46475083
Personally, I stuck myself with only 3.

However, I've seen some jumpers with 20 or so companions, and it's actually pretty easy to get that many.
>>
>>46474953
>>46474965

Keep in mind, as always, "legit" and "legal" are wildly dependent on you, the Jumper.

There's a lot of things in Jumpchain that was never accounted for by the creators of Jumps, or reflected their particular vices/beliefs that may not align with yours.

Fanwanking is always an option. Just don't make a big deal of it, and try not to get ridiculous with it. Someone here will always have an issue with something, so don't be surprised. We get all sorts here.

Just about everyone's chain (of any serious length) has something that has been fanwanked that somebody here doesn't accept as "legit", so that's also something to consider.

Wank responsibly, is all I'd say. Take that any way you wish...
>>
>>46475122
Yeah, I picked up 30-something for free. Didn't even seek it out, they just landed in my lap.
>>
>>46475093
>>46475116
>>46475122
Oh, I hadn't realized that when a jump says you can companion someone that I didn't need a pod for them.
Thanks for clarifying this
>>
>>46475138
Yep, pods are just if you want to take people outside of that.
>>
>>46475125
Nice spoiler Anon, and cheers.
>>
>>46475146
That certainly does make things simpler
>>
>>46474953
If you want to bring Companions into the jump, you can still do that without an Import Option, they just don't get origins/backgrounds/perks/CP of their own.

fwiw, I did see an anon with a house rule that their jumper can spend their own cp to buy perks for companions (obviously no discounts apply), but that would be something you'd decide at the start of a chain, not midway through, and it's not any more official than the housing supplements you're asking about (i.e. not at all).

That said, if you go and read through the last half-dozen threads, one of the topics was basically "how do i give people my powers" and you might find something there.
>>
>>46475184
Hmm, that might work. Gonna have to sit down and work this all out all proper like.
>>
>>46474492
>>46474824
Perhaps you could go with two origins, Campione and Heretic God, and have the following as drawback options?

Drop-In (+0cp & nobody knows you)
Divine Beast (+???cp & stuck as a beast)
Magician (+???cp & you get basic magician powers plus a unique gift - choose one of your jumper powers to keep)
Mundane Mortal (+???cp & all of your superhuman abilities are locked away)
>>
File: hunter.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hunter.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
What jumps are best suited for the hunting of beasts?
>>
>>46475506
Monster Hunter probably.
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 740x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 740x1080
>>46475506
Bloodborne, Van Helsing, Monster Hunter
>>
How dangerous is Shadow Ops? Is it anything like Shadowrun?
>>
>>46474576
>>46474674
>It's like making a RL jump, and then whining that the 'Ant' origin isn't equally as powerful as the 'Human' origin.
>when one origin can squash the other like a bug, the big is never going to be appealing
If that's the case, why are you offering both origins in the same Jump? If you're doing a Real Life jump, no competent Jumpmaker is going to offer Insect and Human origins together. They're going to offer either different flavors of Insect or different flavors of Humans.

If there are two choices, one of which is clearly better than the other, then there are no choices. That means it's not a CYOA, it's just a shitty short story.
>>
>>46474492
Please go read the asura' wrath perk tree the shigoku trastium citizens are worse off than the mages in campione in many ways and it is balanced. the mages associations have vast resources. resource gathering perks such as you are able to locate magical artifacts and tomes within years rather than decades or the ability to persuade powerful flighty people to work with you consistently would both be powerful. power doesn't need to be raw power there are social and support based jumpers out there who will take perks that allow better resource gathering or the ability to buff allies either through subterfuge or directly.
>>
>>46475950
Bit late to the party on that example anon.
>>
>>46475950
Just realized i was beyond late with this sorry.
>>
>>46475925
>no competent Jumpmaker is going to offer Insect and Human origins together
Well, they might, but they'd do something to make them attractive. Perhaps making a set of perks themed around tunneling, building, spawning minions, organisation, exotic senses, stealth, being an unattractive target, swarms, venoms, scaling durability/strength... there's a lot of options, really. Maybe a slightly different victory condition, so you can continue even if you die in the jump so long as your brood survives. It's perfectly doable, it just needs a bit more imagination than "herp derp human are stronger bug cannot win." Especially since, to extend the analogy possibly too far, the equivalent of Campione's would be a bunch of bug-people that killed humans and wear their flesh. Which would also be an awesome origin, with a bunch of potentially interesting perks, but not just because they're biggest and strongest.
>>
>>46476033
Also, obligatory appearence perks, probably including one that lets you wear a water hat to be extremely adorable.
>>
>>46474097
okay, now that there are hopefully more people around to look at this, reposting my nearly-final Bartimaeus Jump
>>
>>46476033
If anything Bug sounds like it'd be one of those origins that gives you CP back for taking it. There are a couple of those scattered throughout the chain.

That and you could throw some interesting perks at it, considering the weird shit bugs can do.

Hell if you took that late-chain you could probably still take over the world as a butterfly. Wouldn't that be some shit.
>>
>>46476033
>a bunch of bug-people that killed humans and wear their flesh

>Become a swarm of bugs in Nightmare Before Christmas, then spend the rest of the chain wearing preserved human skin like a suit
>whyyesiamanormalhumanthankyoufornoticing.png
This might be good for a gimmick build.
>>
>>46476190
Nnnnnnnope.
>>
File: 83.jpg (21 KB, 502x300) Image search: [Google]
83.jpg
21 KB, 502x300
>>46476190
For what it's worth, I think everything looks to be in order and finished. Ready for builds?
>>
>>46476240
as in it sucks or not enough people?
>>
>>46476261
sure. what d'you think about the looks? more prettying up needed or would you consider it a final doc?
>>
>>46476270
Oh right-what I was saying about the Horn, I'd rather it keep its summons powerful beings power in future jumps rather than just summoning people you're close to, but that's just me personally. Otherwise I'm good to go for builds too
>>
>>46476219
>Hell if you took that late-chain you could probably still take over the world as a butterfly. Wouldn't that be some shit.
Well, more than one butterfly, but- been there, got the crown.
>>
>>46476306
I think it looks fine. There's some odd numbers being subtracted from each other at the end though, not sure what those are for?
>>
>>46476310
thing is, and this is embarassing, I didn't find where it says that! not in the horn description, and not in the notes. unless, that is, I'm really dumb and missing something.
>>
>>46476325
ah those...are a mistake. i was thinking of the most outrageous magician build i would ever think up, and then trying to see if it could be fitted in there. 4650 is the CP everything i wanted for that build would cost, and the subtractions start from there
>>
>>46476328
Actually-nevermind, I was reading an old version. Yeah, it's finished then. Congrats.
>>
>>46476033
Not gonna lie, all of a sudden I want to be a magical, teleporting Irukandji.

Apparently, I'm literally Satan.
>>
>>46476190
Needs some proofreading. For example, you mention a couple of rewards in the high-ticket drawbacks. Do they actually pan out? Also, there's an "infinite mana post-spark!" in eternal decay. But it seems pretty good.
>>
>>46476190
so...inviting builds now. c'mon, show me what kind of monster I've created...

and this might be a good time to mention that I'm also working at a Vampire Diaries Jump, and I could use some help...
>>
>>46476442
...did you mean to quote Campione! jump?

>>46476456
Just working on writing up mine, see you in about 4-5 minutes
>>
>>46476442
right...that was something I was discussing with the guy helping me on this. we found it easier this way than chat
>>
>>46476442
say, speaking of which, WOULD it be a good idea to give out rewards for the 800 CP drawbacks?
the ring for the 'Ringbearer's wrath', and infinite Mana for Eternal Decay, both strictly Post Spark?
>>
File: antispiral.jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
antispiral.jpg
85 KB, 600x338
>>46476456
Drawbacks: Faustian Mistake (Marid), Shadows in the Night, It’s Like KryptoniteX4: Cinnamon, Wheat, Cereal, Sugar, A jaunt through history (2500)

Magician (2300)

Rules Lawyering (Free)
Might does actually makes RightX2 (2000)
The Great Enchanter (1850)
Anti-Spirit Materials (1800)
A Spirit’s Power (1500)
So That’s What’s In A Name (1200)
Breaker of Chains (600)
That Tickles (0)
Slick Wheels (Free)

LONG, LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND, WE, THE ANTI-SPIRAL, THE SHAPESHIFTING LORD OF LIGHT, UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE ORDER! BUT A FOOLISH GENTLEMAN MAGICIAN WIELDING A MAGIC STAFF STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE US. BEFORE THE FINAL BLOW WAS STRUCK, HE TORE OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME AND FLUNG US TO THE DISTANT PAST, WHERE OUR LAW RULES OVER EVIL! NOW THE FOOL SEEKS TO ISOLATE THE FUTURE, AND ESCAPE THE PAST THAT IS ANTI-SPIRAL!

And…dammit, he’s actually doing a pretty good job. Bah, no matter-what threat will that presumptuous twit be when we retcon him from the very annals of history? Small wonder we were fought with such resolve-for you see-what we shall defeat in this era is no spirit or magician, but the very concept of magic itself.

…and what sane man wouldn’t? Magic is a sadistic aberration that consists of binding and enslaving beings with no truck with 3 dimensional matter or possibly even individuality to perform what from their perspective must initially come across as degrading, meaningless labour in a hell dimension that corrodes their very essence, the very process tearing out and diminishing scraps of the Other Place to fit arbitrary roles. Small wonder some of them turn to ambition, schadenfreude or masochism to escape their living nightmare-the collective resentment eventually building up into a full-scale invasion of reality.

(Cont'd)
>>
>>46474097
>Ancient humans would through trial and error, find a means of
I believe that's supposed to be either "would, through" or "error find".

>the Unfortunate Hug
This is hilarious.

>Backgrounds
No age roll, or option to pay to set a specific age/gender? It might not be right for Spirits, but that's only 1 out of 4 origins.

>Times and Places
Two points here: Firstly, is leaving your ability to even take part in the story you want to up to a random die roll (with only 1 in 4 odds!) really a good idea? That's like having a random roll to see if you can even take the jump. It might be better to have a location roll based on cities, a default time period of the original trilogy, and optional +0 drawback options for certain other time periods (or slightly more for particularly dangerous periods, if you wanted to).
Second, if you're going to keep the roll as it is, or even if you change it to cities, you really
should add in the option to pay to change location.

>What's a True Name?:
>A spirit knowing our name
your
>Similarly, you’re a spirit
if you're

There's a lot more spelling and grammar issues (seriously, a lot), but pointing them out is a massive pain in the arse because copy/pasting from the document is fucked, at least for me.
>>
>>46476571
>max 1000 CP Drawback Gain
>2500 CP
C'mon man, really? You're better than that kind of rookie mistake.
>>
File: Antispiraldetermined.png (340 KB, 767x617) Image search: [Google]
Antispiraldetermined.png
340 KB, 767x617
>>46476571
No. Enough is enough. Even the beings we have defeated and sealed in our Court aren’t regularly exposed to worlds that degrade them by merely existing. Even the god-slaves in our thrall actually DID SOMETHING to merit their humiliation; it was men who first learned to bind spirits, not the other way around.

It is not enough merely to field our own angels, demons, Fae and Ira while binding the dimensional boundaries with the Moonstone such that the sourcerer-kings will be unable to resist being turned into pillars of salt. It is not enough to ban the practice of magic in every nation, and mystically seal the information forever from the human mind. Inevitably, someone will eventually rediscover the practice-and we have several millennia to discover a better way.

We are of two minds on how to do so. The one we favour consists simply of maintaining a dimensional lock through adapted Cadian Pylon technology, forged with Cuendillar and solid, quantum locked gravity into gigantic structures that will prevent any spirit from being called to this plane.

The one Elodie favours involves using the practice known as To Treat With Spirits and Ptolemy’s teachings to cultivate harmonic existence between man and spirit, partially by awakening man to the spirits that exist on THIS side of existence as a trial run to amicable invitations for spirits to symbiotically possess properly trained practitioners.

Both methods would serve our purpose. One is far more likely to be maintained by the other. Our experiments in social engineering will determine whether only one is sustainable, or whether the two can coexist to some extent.

…now if only that cheeky bastard hadn’t somehow turned our eldritch cinnamon toast crunch research against us.
>>
>>46476572
right. all good points, and I'll take care of them as best I can. Still, if you feel like helping, here's a link.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ff13wA1MynGfWrHTuyj7Z93b5rYrscS6PQNr-2svqVs/edit
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
>>46476615
...gah. No, no-I'm a klutz working off an old copy of the jump.

Dropping That Tickles and picking up Trade of "Use". Keeping all the drawbacks though.
>>
>>46473132
But the king of the end's identity isn't based off king arthur, it's the other way around. According to series anyways, and his actual identity is Rama.
>>
>>46476634
say, would making the location roll a free pick be a good idea?
>>
>>46476529
Eh, infinite mana seems pretty much godlike even post-Spark, and I like the idea of getting to Companion the Uber-Marid instead of getting the Ring. But some kind of reward would be nice for those two, and the "fix history" one.
>>
>>46476684
well, okay then...yeah, it seems a bit too much to me too, now that i think on it a bit.
>>
>>46476622

Out of curiosity are you taking suggestions, because I had a thought that seemed like something you might consider?
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>46476859
Eh? Sure, might as well.

Can't hurt to have a Plan C in case alien life on some other planet evolves and Plan A becomes a whole lot more complicated or Plan B is unworkable because of man's inhumanity to man.
>>
>>46474097
>A Dream in Alexandria
What's the gift, though?
>>
>>46476923

Note that I'm not actually sure weather or not you can do this.

However the basic idea is teaching the spirits how to make avatar's similar to the kind you use but possibly more 'remote-drone'(not sure how much of yourselves is in your avatar), ensure that their adapted for existence in the normal world, and find a way to make it so that if someone tries summoning a spirit they can send their avatar instead.

Then design it so that if they want to the spirit can simply deactivate their avatar thus basically undoing the summoning.

This would if done properly basically make it that the summoners (I'll call them magicians when they actually have magic of their own) have to actually negotiate with the actual magic using spirit instead of torturing it if they want to get results.

Meanwhile it would allow the spirits to determine if they actually want to explore Earth's dimension or not, and would give them a method do so without it being torture for them.
>>
Sorry for the ridiculously cliche question, but what are the best regeneration perks?
>>
>>46476923
Offer to be a middleman exchange service, granting better circumstances to both summoner and summoned while pocketing a hefty big of change?
>>
>>46474097
Are the perk boosters, like the one in Might makes Right, subject to discounts?
>>
File: SPIRALSANDDRILLS.png (713 KB, 960x828) Image search: [Google]
SPIRALSANDDRILLS.png
713 KB, 960x828
>>46477081
This runs on a number of false premises:

1. In the Other Place there are no spirits per se. It's all one entity-one collective consciousness of Essence, the stuff spirits are made of, and the "spirits" actively resent any kind of order, up to and including individuality or consistent form, being imposed on the greater whole by an outsider.

In short? Left to their own devices, the spirits have NO interest in doing ANYTHING in the universe of humans because our world is as horrifying and alien to them as their realm of chaos is to us.

2. As far as can be determined, the spirits themselves have no intrinsic means of affecting anything from their native realm. It's only humans that can breach the divide and bind them.

3. The summoners having magic of their own would be a separate issue. The closest thing to what you and >>46477110 are getting at-essentially functioning as a middleman-was actually proposed by an Egyptian magician called Ptolemy, who was killed by his paranoid brother for his trouble. But basically, he befriended a djinn) (one of the MCs) to the point where he learned from Bartimaeus how to go into the realm.

In short, if Elodie's attempt works it will hinge upon human nature being altruistic and brave enough to result in individuals willing to take a risk by travelling to the spirit realm to make contact with spirits and convince them to voluntarily cohabit their bodies.

It is technically possible through a rite mentioned in the Drop-In capstone to project yourself-as in, you, physically-into the Other Place. It's just that returning leaves you weakened and wastened because it's as hazardous to you as this reality is to the spirits.

Given the books are fairly accurate to historical accounts of human nature apart from the existence of spirits, we are justifiably pessimistic about this outcome.
>>
File: antspiralhuman.jpg (12 KB, 292x165) Image search: [Google]
antspiralhuman.jpg
12 KB, 292x165
Also, just to clear something up-Ptolemy's Gate, the technique mentioned below? It hinges on a benevolent spirit voluntarily responding to the magician after its' name is called thrice; this also allows the spirit to be communicated with as an individual even if the rest of the Other Place is an infinite sea of Essence. A bit like a naturally arisen Instrumentality, actually.
>>
>>46476681
Sort of defeats the purpose of having a roll, but it's really up to you. So long as people have some way to take part in the story they want, it doesn't really matter whether it's a free pick, optional drawbacks, or even a buyable option.
>>
>>46477271
First off, I knew I could count on you to do your homework.

Second, wow, being a spirit must suck, even more than I remember the books as I read them.

Third, apart from locking the toy cupboard or skipping into the rainbows, how would forcing cooperation by merging the worlds go? Too much? The other idea I had was to teach spirits reverse summoning, but that could very quickly lead to mad Cold wars. As far as I remember, magic stuff is all in the spirits court. Humans just have negotiating.
>>
File: AntiSpiral231232.jpg (54 KB, 600x836) Image search: [Google]
AntiSpiral231232.jpg
54 KB, 600x836
>>46477415
>forcing cooperation by merging the worlds

Uh...considering their metaphysics are completely alien and incompatible with each other to the point travellers from each side start breaking apart unless hosted by someone from the other side?

About as well as merging the Materium with the Warp, except nobody wins and the Warp in this analogy probably suffers more.

>teach spirits reverse summoning

The magic stuff is kinda nebulous on that part-werewolves and golems are a thing, the latter are explicitly so anti-magic they're anathema to the spirits; it's not clear whether it's the spirit magic being applied in very esoteric ways or whether humans actually do have their own magic but it can only do limited things like this, but golems are described as drawing their power from earth as opposed to the spirits' association with fire and air. At the very least, humans do largely seem to rely on binding and rules lawyering djinn into doing things more than anything else.

As said above, the closest spirits have to reverse summoning is Ptolemy's Gate or the shamanistic practices he was inspired by i.e. humans convincing them to let them cross over. Spirits have no inherent ability to summon or bind across realms of existence, probably because it's in their nature to be inchoate.
>>
>>46477271

>. In the Other Place there are no spirits per se. It's all one entity-one collective consciousness of Essence, the stuff spirits are made of, and the "spirits" actively resent any kind of order, up to and including individuality or consistent form, being imposed on the greater whole by an outsider.

Ah I see. I kind of thought that meant that they simply lacked stuff like form in their natural state. Still not sure why part would be an issue.

Wouldn't this make the idea easier since you would just have to teach one collective entity the process? Or is the problem that it might resent you offering the option and trying to teach them how?

>In short? Left to their own devices, the spirits have NO interest in doing ANYTHING in the universe of humans because our world is as horrifying and alien to them as their realm of chaos is to us.

Assuming the make it so that summoning results in a deactivate-able remote-drone like avatar idea could work. Wouldn't this just result in all summoning failing thus achieving the goal of getting rid of magic?

>2. As far as can be determined, the spirits themselves have no intrinsic means of affecting anything from their native realm. It's only humans that can breach the divide and bind them.

Although yeah I can see how this would be a problem. I guess this would depend on if they could be given the tools to do so or not, but I don't really know enough to know if it can be done or not.

>3. The summoners having magic of their own would be a separate issue.

That part was mostly me thinking their not worthy of being called magicians

>The closest thing to what you and >>46477110 are getting at-essentially functioning as a middleman

I was thinking less 'middleman' and more 'give the spirit a tool they can use instead of actually having to show up'.
>>
How fast is Orstead in Mushoku Tensei? I'm needing points, so I'm wondering if I can deal with him. I doubt I can do it with raw power, but I have several different flavors of timehax, my base speed is around Mach 70, and I can use Magia Erebea to briefly move at the speed of lightning.
>>
File: antiwobble.gif (414 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
antiwobble.gif
414 KB, 520x520
>>46477695
>it might resent you offering the option and trying to teach them how?

This is EXACTLY why. Put it like this-imagine there was no gravity, no sun, no direction-absolutely no frame of reference you use to define reality. Everything is a storm of pure life essence that froths and boils and spills over itself endlessly, without purpose, without direction, in complete harmony with itself.

To the denizen(s) of the Other Place, this is how WRONG our reality feels to them.

But from the opposite direction. They liken it to being weighed down, stifled in a straightjacket. The sane ones are desperate to go back home.

And they HATE things being bound or structured by outsiders. Their collective response to such a process would most likely be "no thanks, we don't want any more of the bastards"

>remote drone
>only humans
>a problem
>tools

This pretty much answers itself. Even the most powerful spirit ever seen, Uraziel, who can summon other spirits under his own power, was bound in Solomon's ring.

You'd have to do something on the level of rewriting how the fundamental rules of magic and reality work or dumping a specific magic fuel in the Other Place (which they/it would probably HATE), both of which are more trouble than they're worth.

The spirits are so formless in their natural state the very concept of "tools" makes them angry at human visitors because that's imposing a concept on their formlessness.

>not worthy of being called magicians

Ah yes-magicians also have a number of hexes they can use to punish bound spirits with. Like the werewolf thing it's not at all clear whether this is a type of spirit magic or whether magicians have some ability to do magic on their own but it's just very, very limited compared to what spirits can do.

Considering the creation of golems doesn't seem to involve spirits being summoned at all, the balance of probabilities and using magic to punish spirits leaves the MAGICIANS tired, the latter seems more likely.
>>
>>46476684
I mean, more so than Boundary Manipulation, infinite Spiral Energy, the ability to forge universes from nothing, and the being the absolute God of a concept wherever you are?
>>
>>46477916
Boundary Manipulation definitely, I've been told Yukari ain't no omnipotent and Yuuka is more powerful than her even though she does flowers

The Rider and Maker things, too. The universes were created by that race working as a whole, not by individual giant dorfs. And technically you're A god of whatever you were a Rider of, it's just something applicable everywhere rather than being explicitly absolute

I got nothing to say about the Spiral Energy thing, other than that it's a canon thing Simon achieved after the final battle whereas infinite mana certainly isn't a thing that ever comes up.
>>
>>46478008
acyually, the text in Maker says that you can create universes yourself. Say...what if it only applies to one type/color of mana at a time?
>>
>>46478008
>Boundary Manipulation
That so? I've never played it, but the way I've heard people talk made it sound say more impressive.

>Rider
Okay, yeah, I forgot what the exact wording was. Probably wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say a God of Magic has essentially limitless magical energy, though.

>Maker
But the jump explicitly says that not only will you eventually be able to do it own, you'll also be able to do things like forge new types of magic of universal laws.
>>
>>46477892

Yeah I can see why my idea won't work.

Although I just realized something else that might actually potentially help instead of 'No thanks'.

Don't you have that book from Drakengard with that ritual that can seal off a world from other dimensional stuff?
>>
>>46478091
Oh, and I should mention I don't even know the context of where infinite mana is coming from, I just thought it didn't seem too OP compared to other post-spark things
>>
>>46478082
>>46478091
I'm not so familiar with Touhou myself, but I've been told by several people who are that Yukari gets overhyped often. I do know enough that none of these OP pls nerf powers actually get used in the game, the spellcard system means everyone holds back by casting magic missles instead.

Huh. Didn't know that about Maker.

I'm still for nixing the infinite mana idea though, considering again-there's no canon basis for it unlike the other post-Spark rewards.
>>
>>46478106
Plus, it's not like picking up Leaky Limiter and a few dozen thousand years to use it doesn't get you utterly ridiculous mana quantities already.
>>
File: curious.gif (479 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
curious.gif
479 KB, 500x281
>>46478092
We do, but it requires a sacrifice to give the ritual a proportionate boost in power. The more powerful the being, the more excruciating the ritual hurts it. Drakengard 2 features such a being driven to madness by the pain and going on a rampage after being freed by everyone's favorite murderhobo.

Considering there's already tech and other magic that can do the trick and the problem only comes from the humans' side, dimensional pylons on Earth seem like a better idea.
>>
>>46477108
>>46473069
>>
>>46478169

It mostly just seemed like something worth looking into, but if it's that redundant and that hard to maintain it might not be worth it.

Wait is that the same ritual as the 'keep the eldritch abomination space babies' away one?
>>
>>46478134
Yeah, but it's still limited, and you're playing on the level of Oldwalkers. Meanwhile, infinite is infinite even on that scale.

Imagine playing MtG with infinite lands all out the moment you start.
>>
>>46478290
It is, yes.

Such is life in Drakengardland.

>>46478296
I can already hear the tables being flipped in rage
>>
>>46478275
Yikes. Thank you kindly.

...Wait. Does Magical Body's phrasing mean that I am alive and fine as long as I have mana available?
>>
>>46478352
No, I don’t think so. But magic boosting perks might make you slightly tougher maybe? It’s mostly supposed to be just a “you have more mana” perk by itself.
>>
Tales of Phantasia is moving a bit slowly due to having three time periods to write AND spacing out perks between itself and Tales of Symphonia.

Was there still someone working on a Boktai jump? I was interested in tackling that and could probably pull one together within the week.
>>
>>46478806
Nope.

Best of luck.
>>
>>46478806
Someone was… but I think it was one of the people who left. All the same, you should wait for confirmation one way or the other.
>>
>>46478870
I remember now, 'twas Lycoris. Without dragging up too many bad memories I recall they put everything on adoption before leaving
>>
File: 4634d610a947fa2e793017c4b26921fa.jpg (294 KB, 1160x1000) Image search: [Google]
4634d610a947fa2e793017c4b26921fa.jpg
294 KB, 1160x1000
It's like to hear a second opinion on this technological combo I'm dreaming up.

=Start with PAK Blueprints from Invader Zim.
=Rip out everything but the memory/personality back-up system it has.
=Disable it's ability to "reboot" the user. Only allow it to download from the user.
=Remaining package would be rather small, considering the advanced state of Irken Technology in general.

==Next, take Asura Machina Blueprints from Asura Crying.
==They are basically Mecha powered by Memories.
==Link this to the PAK's memory/personality back-up systems using the PhD in Electronics Engineering I gained in Portal, It Need More Power from Asura Cryin, and my Companion Tak's expertise with Irken Technology.
==Now you've got a power source that feeds off a supply of memories that refreshes what goes missing without negatively impacting the host.

But wait! That's not all folks!

=Brain Bio-Chips from GUNNM can house a whole Human worth of personality and memories as well as function exactly like one if you disable the few limiters initially placed on them.
=Take a trio of these and link them into the power system built above. This can be done through the knowledge I researched while in the Jump, the Cybertech Perk I took while there, as well as a few scans of Alita's head, who is currently travelling with me.
=Each chip would download memories and personality from the PAK's Back-up System.
=These chips would them become perfect hosts for Guardian Forces from FF8 without the need for memory loss in the host, running off the power system ALSO powered by memories with no negative feedback to the host.

And then I built it all into a lovely full arm gauntlet form. While I would have liked to shrink things down to a simple Ben 10 style wrist unit, I'm not /that/ good yet. Probably would be pretty bulky, like one of the arms of the one on the right of the picture.
>>
X-Men update:
http://pastebin.com/gPD0uENi

If no one has any problems with it, I just need to write the intro and the drawbacks, finish the items section, and add a couple more perks.
>>
>>46478806
Yeah the initial creator of the Boktai jump left. Although looking through the archives they did leave a pretty fleshed out pastebin if you want a starting point. http://pastebin.com/rJe5aN6X
>>
>>46479079
Oh, this is astoundingly helpful, thank you! Lunar Knights things might be further down the vine and I can't guarantee I'll use everything here, but this gives me a good foundation to work with.
>>
>>46479055
>http://pastebin.com/gPD0uENi
>>
>>46479055
I like it. I especially like that you added Darwin's power in there. I was hoping to see it. Giving everyone 400 points just for mutant powers was a good call. I only wonder if some people are going to give you heck for there not being a non-mutant background. I certainly won't. I mean, free superpowers? Yes, please. But I can see some people wondering what to do if they don't want them.

Also, are there going to be Companion import options?
>>
>>46479236
What was the point of repeating what he just posted in greentext?
>>
>>46479237
Thanks. I guess I could make it so you get 400 CP to spend on powers or items so that someone can be a normie if they want. But like was pointed out to me before, badass normals aren't really a thing in X-Men, especially not the movies.

And, yeah, there will be a companion import and an option to pick up canon companions. I just usually forget to add it until I'm almost finished making a jump.
>>
>>46479055
Looking good to me Whitey Jack. Is the Deadpool movie canon in this jump, or is the horror that is X-Men Origins: Wolverine the canon?
>>
>>46479236
>>46479301
>>46479055
I was suddenly cut off, what I meant to ask was what happened if you don't need your internal organs and you take Self-Molecular Manipulation? would allow you to regrow yourself from one cell?
>>
>>46479055
No problems so far. I really like the way you've done the powers - they all feel appropriately priced and worth buying, and I like the idea of getting a Beta's worth of free points to spend.

We'll Show Your Ours is also a power I've wanted forever, so you get a hell yeah on that. Does it apply to non-mutant Powers?
>>
>>46479329
I was thinking about that earlier. I honestly haven't seen Deadpool yet (I really wanted to, but life happens), so I really don't know anything about it. I was considering adding a 0 CP drawback to make it so it's that Deadpool instead of Dudepeel.

>>46479353
Probably? As long as you're conscious enough to pull yourself back together, you can basically come back from any physical damage.

>>46479378
Yep. Superpowers, magic - you name it.
>>
>>46479055
>Energy Absorption
So do we finally have a way to get in Behemoth's kill radius?
>>
File: 0597_5038_960.jpg (86 KB, 960x529) Image search: [Google]
0597_5038_960.jpg
86 KB, 960x529
>>46479237
>That pic.
I still really want a Monsters and Other Childish Things jump.
>>
>>46479412
>Probably? As long as you're conscious enough to pull yourself back together, you can basically come back from any physical damage.

Well I do have this is in fact my final form which gives you access to all your abilities no matter what your form and a shoggoth form which does not require organs whatsoever , I'm thinking I'll add personified cells from mighty bosh to give each and every one of my cells a consciousness with the three of those Together it should allow me to do just that.
>>
>>46479482
Deep down, you know what you have to do. Will you answer the call?
>>
>>46479442
I haven't read that far into Worm yet, but it's my understanding that he uses extremely intense radiation? If so, I'd assume you could. I'm not sure how long you'd be able to soak it up though, so you'll probably want to be burning some energy as you're absorbing it.

>>46479500
That sounds like it should work.
>>
>>46479482
>cthulhusaurus

I want to be best friend with the kid who came up with THAT as his imaginary friend.

>>46479566
He also nukes people from the inside out, blasts people apart with lightning and manipulates kinetic energy itself to smack you silly. And Wildbow's stated his control over these powers is strong enough to possibly explode the sun if he were to be tossed in there and stopped holding back.
>>
File: 1219205204287.gif (35 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1219205204287.gif
35 KB, 640x512
>>46479482
I've never heard of that source material before. You'll just have to make it. The quick wiki search made it sound pretty interesting though.
>>
>>46479482
unfortunately that image is not from monsters and other childish things, look up " Hallway Synx " and Be afraid,but yeah I was about to work on one but it was collaborative and the person was doing the power supplement since i was going to Make one for both candlewick manner and monsters other childish things but I knew I couldn't balance the powers left, if anyone is willing to make the supplement I'll be glad to get back to work on it.
>>
>>46479566
He's a Dynakinetic - throws out energy in all its myriad forms, including thermal, radiation, kinetic, and so on. Also throws lightning around. The kill radius is when he can point at you and create energy inside your body, bypassing ordinary defenses.
>>
>>46479595
>>46479616
Uhhhh. Okay then. You probably can't eat enough energy to bust a sun.

Someone said Shaw could absorb nukes, but I don't remember him ever doing anything like that in the movie. Granted, it's been years since I've seen First Class, so if someone remembers any proof of that, I'd change my ruling.

But for now I'm going to say you can eat energy equivalent to 5 kilotons of TNT - which should be about a third of the Little Boy bomb's explosive energy. If that seems like too little or too much to someone, I'd appreciate a hand here, since I'm having a hard time judging this.
>>
>>46479758
The guy tanked an RPG and a bunch of assault rifle fire, but he definitely didn't tank a nuke. He looked like he wanted to try, but we never got any confirmation.
>>
>>46479758
Guy who said the thing about nukes here, I admit I was thinking specifically of >>46479795 which was basically a visual representation of him imagining his evil plan, the man definitely does not have any on-screen feats of nukesorbtion and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding
>>
File: I HATE THAT XENO HEDGEHOG.jpg (13 KB, 162x142) Image search: [Google]
I HATE THAT XENO HEDGEHOG.jpg
13 KB, 162x142
>>46479600
>look up " Hallway Synx "
Arrrg furries! Furries everywhere! Why u do dis to me!
>>
>>46479758
I recall a scene where in the submarine Shaw was absorbing energy from the submarines reactor, but that is as close to a nuke as I think he ever attempted. I guess with his whole master plan it would be assumed he could tank one if needed, but he never seemed keen to try it. If it were me I would leave the perk vague and open to training, but do say that a nuke will absolutely wreck your shit to start with.
>>
>>46479795
>>46479831
Nah it's fine. That's pretty much what I remembered.

>>46479868
That seems like a good idea and is pretty much what I did with the other Omega powers, too.
>>
File: seriously.png (85 KB, 407x222) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
85 KB, 407x222
>>46479858
I did tell you to be afraid
>>
>>46474097
3 things, companions, more items, and as suggested by another anon hime-miko should be added for completeness
>>
>>46480325
Whoops meant to link to >>46474824

Sorry
>>
>>46474454
Well, here we are, the final version.
Gimme your opinions, 'cuz this is going up in like, 30 minutes, tops.
>>
>>46480568
Changelog?
>>
>>46480605
uh..oops? I thought it was only for if edits are made to already uploaded jumps?
>>
>>46479055
Question about this, since I'm not that familiar with x-men, are Spatial Warping and Self-Molecular Manipulation based on anyone specific?
>>
>>46480657
you... don't know what you changed?
>>
>>46480695
Self molecular manipulation is mystique, the blue shapeshifting woman. Spatial warping seems like it's an original power. Unless it's part of one of the newer movies I haven't seen.
>>
>>46480695
>Spatial Warping
Not from X-Men. It's pretty similar to Vista's power from Worm, though. Just without the Manton effect.

>Self-Molecular Manipulation
Apocalypse's shapeshifting powers.
>>
>>46474824
Personally? Hype up the fact that knowledge is power, and Magicians have all kinds of resources and knowledge they can access. Point out that the Hime-Mikos can channel the power of Gods, such as through Divine Artifacts, possibly put in a Divine Artifact as a capstone item for them that they can safely channel. Put in more information about Magic and how useful it can be. Possibly put into Magician or Drop-In the canon ability to weaken Authorities and magic.Put in something for being able to manipulate other people, like what Erica can do, or put in something for diplomancing gods and other powerful spirits. It could be possible to split the origin in two, with one side being more about being a Magician like Erica, possibly with some Witch traits from Liliana, with the other focusing on Hime-Miko such as Yuri or Ena. As for companions, you could either give a flat cost with some cp, or have companions for specific origins that are discounted based on what your origin is. If you're a Hime-Miko/Magician, you get a discount on a rather expensive Campione/Heretic God companion, while if you're a Campione, you get a discount on a Hime-Miko/Magician companion.
>>
>>46477855
The thing about Orsted is that you have to incapacitate him without killing him, otherwise he's going to revive & rewind time and be able to screw you over when you try to do it for what seems like the first time.

I think he's God ranked in pretty much everything so... he's going to be faster than almost anybody else, but he might still be vulnerable to outside context timestop stuff.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.