[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Play Alpha Centauri for the first time, choose Deidre for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: 1459821045787.png (148 KB, 517x387) Image search: [Google]
1459821045787.png
148 KB, 517x387
>Play Alpha Centauri for the first time, choose Deidre for no reason
>Make alliances, fight vendettas, get betrayed, kill Miriam, Zakarov, Lal, and What's-Her-Face, have a really good time
>Only real threat is Morgan, who's built a huge empire preventing me from reaching the northern section of the map
>After a long, grueling war I finally defeat him
>Turns out I completely forgot about Yang
>He spent the entire game on an island doing nothing except building cities and anti-ship defenses
>Literally not more than three spaces anywhere without at least one city
Rooting him out will take forever, but I don't think a diplomatic victory is a possibility.
>>
File: 1408911631645.png (951 KB, 1026x509) Image search: [Google]
1408911631645.png
951 KB, 1026x509
>>46472232
Bring it bitch, I ain't afraid of no hippies or their damn planet!
>>
>>46472232
>defeat Santiago
>electro-dungeon cutscee thing for faction crushing plays
>get the weirdest boner

something is seriously wrong with me
>>
>>46472232
Have you considered Planet Busters?

If you don't want to reshape the land in thermonuclear fire, you can always add Drop Pods to Missiles and drop them on Yang's cities.

Or simply drown his cities under an unending tide of Locusts, Isles, and Worms. You're Deidre; with the right Secret Projects, Economy, and Base Facilities, you should be nearly unstoppable.
>>
File: Chairman_Yang_(SMAC).jpg (169 KB, 291x350) Image search: [Google]
Chairman_Yang_(SMAC).jpg
169 KB, 291x350
>>46472232
Look at this god damn smug motherfucker.
He knows exactly what he did.
Fucking Yang always ruining my scientific utopias.
>>
>>46472232
Just keep him off until you can transcend.
Chances are he won't be able to match you scientifically
>>
>>46472232
Option 1: Planet Busters. Turn his island into the lowest point in the world.

Option 2: Flood. Build pressure domes in all your cities, hope he doesn't have them, then raise the sea levels to drown the bastard.

Option 3: Transcend. Retool your entire empire for scientific advancement and rush for a tech victory.
>>
>>46473646
Shit, forgot one...

Option 4: Drought. Lower the sea levels and march there.
>>
>>46472232

If you get clinical immortality and/or the longevity vaccine, you can basically vote yourself leader if you've got enough population.
>>
>>46472232
diplomacy is never an option with Yang
>>
>>46472232
>not playing as Yang or Morgan

You deserve to lose, hippie.
>>
Digging him out of his warrens is going to be near impossible. And even if you could, his slaves love their shackles far too much to ever be saved.

Fire or transcendence.
>>
Use airplanes.
>>
>play as Miriam
>focus on SCIENCE!
>non-stop building bases with 8 tiles between them for entire map.
>Farms. Farms everywhere.
>fuck huge but well provided for population
>Brute force all the research
>Rush all the Secret Projects
>Rebuild planet into a new Eden, a Promised Land worthy of God's people.
>All factions love me and despair
>Perfect game

>Then suddenly out of nowhere Yang goes nuts with the fucking Planet Busters

Not much has changed but we live under water.
>>
>>46478050
Capturing his bases is Fucking crippling.
>>
>>46472232
That sounds like a perfect scenario for planetbusters. It's not like you care about diplomacy.
>>
File: crossfit.gif (8 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
crossfit.gif
8 KB, 150x150
>>46472232
>choosing Deidre
>ever
You're a dumbass.
>>46478264
Muh granddaughter.
Also that's objectively the best way to play. Good on you son.
>>
>>46472232
By Now you control the world and he controls an island. Your productive capacity should be hundred times his. Build tactical missiles and brute force it.
>>
>>46472563
>>he didn't terraform the whole freshwater sea with kelp and he didn't even build the barest minimum of 7 bases in there to get EVERYTHING POSSIBLE out of it.
Amateur.
>>
>>46480693
You don't have to agree with a faction to play it.
>>
Planet Busters are the answer OP
>>
>>46484091
Planet busters are always the answer. To everything. Faction annoying you? Planet buster them. Every other faction declared war on you for planet buster use? Planet buster them too. Planet is flooding and shitting itself in rage over your planet busters? Build domes to shield your cities and bust up worm clusters. Planet is becoming sentient due to sheer anal clench from your overusr of planet busters? Fuse with it, achieve transcendence, go around beating up lesser existences and busting their planets.
>>
>>46479537
You can destroy them utterly if you don't mind the sanctions.

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Atrocities_(SMAC)
>>
>>46484982
Given that in most of my previous games it was Yang who decided to make atrocities and shit legal it never stops being funny when they get dropped on him.
>>
>>46473646
>Option 2: Flood
You are playing as a fundamentalist Christian.
Global flooding that doesn't affect the chosen people is option 1.
I shouldn't have to explain why.
>>
>not playing as Aki Zeta-5
>not playing as agressively as possible
>not utterly dominating everything early game because of steal-tech-on-win
>not achieving a cybernetic society with literally no penalties to anything

Stay plebeian, meat.
>>
>>46486191
>with literally no penalties to anything
Low pop
>>
>>46486284
That -1 to GROWTH cancels out easily with social policies.
>>
>>46486284
Cloning vats remove most of that problem
>>
>>46486191
This. Also, Aki Zeta is hot.
>>
>>46486397
She will never love you, anon. Love does not compute, therefore she doesn't experience it.
>>
Alien Crossfire. Yay or nay? I never hear anyone mention it. Is that because it sucked and no one speaks of it? Or it was so good it is just assumed a mandatory part of the game and has no need to be mentioned.
>>
>>46486678
The factions aren't as interesting and, with the exception of the Cult of Planet, are horribly overpowered and stupid. Only the Cybernetic Consciousness is interesting, and it's the most powerful of them all.
>>
>>46486678
Alien faction and Data Angels really shouldn't have been allowed in.
>>
File: breaking-news yang.png (470 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
breaking-news yang.png
470 KB, 640x360
>>46472232
>>
>>46478264
>Miriam
>science
The scriptures do not approve of this.
>>
>>46473646
Option 5: Deidre/Planet Cult. Mass produce clean formers with the heaviest armor available, plant fungus everywhere while building as many factory facilities as possible to intentionally cause eco damage. Fungal missile the fuck out of him, use fungus eruptions to boost economy.
>>
File: image.jpg (348 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
348 KB, 1920x1080
Who else here bought the comparatively mediocre Beyond Earth?

I thought it was pretty fun, but deeply flawed.
>>
>>46490109
I pre-ordered it.
so dissappointing
>>
>>46490109
I got it, found the single player too easy as the AI was shit and the multi-player too boring as I picked the African league and they are overpowered as shit by comparison to most except the south american nation. Not to mention that the healthiness mechanic sucked, terribly implemented.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.