[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Limited General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: innistrad-shadows-header.jpg (213 KB, 800x250) Image search: [Google]
innistrad-shadows-header.jpg
213 KB, 800x250
SOI release on friday, time to draft!

>What are you forcing?
>What are your high value uncommons and commons?
>What are trap picks/builds?
>>
>>46469682
i don't even want to play any more, god is dead.
>>
I'm forcing this thread to bump.
>>
>>46469682
>What are you forcing?
All the white I can get.
Veteran Cathars and Haunted Cloaks
White and veteran cathars.
>>
File: Ulvenwald+Mysteries+%5BSOI%5D.jpg (31 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Ulvenwald+Mysteries+%5BSOI%5D.jpg
31 KB, 223x311
I'm going to grab every single one of these that I see. If your opponent doesn't have Trample or fliers he's completely fucked.
>>
Anyone else feel like Black got the shaft this set?
>>
>>46473078
Yeah, it's like they got Michael Cera on board for the job.
>>
>>46469682
>Release
>Draft

It's all Sealed Deck where I live.
>>
>>46469682
>tfw drafting with friends on Friday and then beers after
Gonna be fun y'all

>What are you forcing?
UR combo jank
Skin Invasion, Geistblast
I don't think Pyre Hound looks awful for what I'd be forcing either
White, maybe? I dunno
>>
I'm going to my first draft on Friday. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, I usually borrow friends' decks when I play MTG and I feel like I'm going to get steamrolled

Any tips? What should I be looking out for?
>>
>>46473078
>Black
>Getting the shaft
It's like the best color in the set.
>>
Do people here actually force colours/archetypes in draft? I can't tell if it's a joke or not sometimes.
>>
>>46476840
I did first time I drafted
>>
>>46472032
How? The tokens wont generate tokens?
>>
>>46476840
I don't think I actually force in the sense that I'm literally only pulling specific cards, but I do tend to overly favour some of the colour pie.

I understand that there's an objectively correct amount of cards to pull every draft, but I'm not vet enough to see it
>>
BR madness is a solid setup. If you got sanitarium skeleton and call the bloodlines things are looking decent.
>>
>>46476840
I'm pretty new to drafting, but the last few times I forced Black or Blue
>>
>>46478998
>>46478927
I guess that's not unreasonable actually, when I think of forcing I have this idea in my head of someone who just refuses to take anything else and messes up signaling for everyone.

My inner spike is clearly a dick.
>>
>>46479118
>messes up signaling for everyone
I don't know what this means, but I don't actually see a problem with fucking with other people in the draft
>>
>>46479173
It fucks over yourelf too if you ignore signaling completely/force something no matter what. Basically it reduces the power of the entire draft table (or at least you at the couple of seats to each side of you).

It's like button mashing at fighting games you know? Someone who does it is a worse player and fucks over those they go against on occasion too.
>>
>>46479241
Button mashing is a good analogy right up until you talk about it fucking over other people. If someone isn't taking the optimal cards, take them instead.
>>
>>46479173
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubtZHvITPuQ
>>
>>46476301
A good general guide when your drafting and trying to decide what deck to build is to remember the acronym B.R.E.A.D

B is for bombs. This is the good shit, powerful cards with big impacts, the kind of stuff that can win you the game if your opponent can't deal with it. Pick these first cause they aren't going to be around for long. Which ones you pick will usually determine what colors and strategy you're going to be using, although don't be afraid to switch it up if you feel like you need to.

Next is R for removal. This is the stuff that can deal with other peoples bombs. It doesn't have to be destruction, tap effects, pacifism effects, direct damage, counterspells, and bounce can all count too. They just have to neutralize your opponents threats in some way.

After that is E for evasion. This is the stuff that keeps your threats threatening. Flying, trample, combat tricks, reanimation, copying spells, anything that makes your own threats better or makes it easier for them to get through and damage your opponent.

Then A for aggro and/or abilities. This is the stuff that fills out your deck. Things that help enable your strategy or that support and synergize with the cards you've already picked: mana dorks and mana rocks, less powerful creatures, tutors, draw effects. What exactly you want depends on what kind of deck you're running, if it's an aggro deck you'll want cheaper aggressive creatures, while a control deck might want more defensive ones, and a ramp deck just wants whatever will give it more mana.

Finally there's D for dregs. This is the stuff leftover, the junk. It's pretty much just filler so take whatever's in your colors and best fits your deck, or just take whatever looks cool, it doesn't matter much.
>>
>>46479766
Some other advice, try and figure out what everyone else at the table is drafting. Pay attention to what cards are being passed to you. Are you getting a lot of good red cards? Then odds are no one's playing red and you might want to consider adding red to your deck since you're more likely to get passed good cards. Do you notice a distinct lack of vampires? Then a couple people are probably drafting vamp decks.

Also remember that you usually draft with 8 people and there are 15 cards in a booster pack, so you'll get to pick from some of the packs twice. If there are two cards in a pack that you want, leave the one that you think is least likely to be picked by the others and it might circle around back to you. This is one of the reasons it's a good idea to figure out what everyone else is building.
>>
>>46479766
This will be my second draft (1st was conspiracy and I lucked my way into tying for 3rd), thank you for this tip. I was at the pre-release and playing RG werewolves in 2HG was a mistake lol

But at least I got to see all the cards and stuff, do you know how to tell when people will be competing over the same colors? Or what might be a "safe" pick? I'd love to do the RG Werewolves again if I could, I got all of them but the Green Sage and the creature scry one, and with less people casting spells they should be interesting. Unless everyone goes for them cause they're cool.
>>
>>46480097
Answered my question before I even hit send damn son, thanks
>>
Im really excited for draftin, gonna force U/W spirit fliers. But how do flip cards work? Can my opponent(s) just see if i pull an avacyn?
>>
>>46480097
The times when you see two cards that fit your deck perfectly and have a hard time deciding which one to take, only for the one you didn't pick to wheel around is the best.
>>
>>46480172
In fact you are expected to SHOW everyone that you pulled an avacyn.

Which most people really don't like.
>>
>>46480193
Im fine with that, i have insane luck with sealed. Like pulling foil and regular Ugin in the fate reforged sealed
>>
>>46478848
They don't, but the clues get you more creatures which will turn into more cards and tokens. It's not infinite but the amount of value it creates is insane.
>>
>>46480225
I want you to fall down a flight of stairs on principle.

Nothing personal or anything, but I pulled three corrupted graftstones while the guy in front of me got two Arlins, a Sorin, and a foil Sigarda, and made me watch.
>>
File: 1443320455644.jpg (67 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1443320455644.jpg
67 KB, 633x758
Will we ever go back to Mirrodin and Phyrexia? They won't just leave it, right?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.