[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The chief Apothecary is the Chapter Master >Chapter Masters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Apothecary1.jpg (143 KB, 697x936) Image search: [Google]
Apothecary1.jpg
143 KB, 697x936
>The chief Apothecary is the Chapter Master
>Chapter Masters are always chosen from the Apothecaries

What would this chapter be like?
>>
Single payer healthcare for serfs
>>
>>46463523
Red Scorpions
>>
>>46463543
How heretical
>>
>>46463602
Isn't the Humanity space commuies and religious zealots? I think the government doing everything fits
>>
>>46463639
>Isn't the Humanity space commuies

Learn to write and no it isnt communist, the Imperium is a feudal system.
>>
>>46463664
It fits with Hive worlds and shit still
>>
>>46463708
How?
>>
>>46463734
The Government saying weather or not it is able to give you a new arm or just saying fuck off seems closer to how the Imperium wants to run because of how little it cares about individuals.
>>
>>46463805
There's just a bit more to whether a system of government is Communist or not than that.
>>
>>46463708
Hives are feudal societies ruled by noble families at the top of the city. Hive planets are usually ruled by hereditary governors. There are different types of governments on the planets of Imperium but they all are vassals of Terra. Even democratically elected rulers are subjects of the bigger feudal system.
>>
>>46463805
That is not how Communism works, anon.
>>
Imperium of man is all over the place with what government it is.
>>
File: Hospitallers_Tactical_Squad.jpg (228 KB, 1032x445) Image search: [Google]
Hospitallers_Tactical_Squad.jpg
228 KB, 1032x445
>>46463523
>>
>>46463870
>>46463879
Mostly just thinking about how assembly line like everything is in humanity already. You are right that the Imperium as a whole is feudal but won't they give health care like they give rations?
>>46463936
your right i was talking about health care systems and where it would fit.
>>
>>46463523

That is literally the Red Scorpions.
>>
>>46463998
The assembly line is usually linked to capitalism.
>>
>>46464038
but trying to give everyone an equal share or in the case of the 40k barely enough because grimdark fit communism and they would do it in a fashion that would be like parts on a assembly line.
>>
>>46463992

Jesus, that's a sexy colour scheme. And are the FW HH helmets that old?
>>
>>46463523
Apothecaries will have command duties on top of, and incompatible with their usual, vital battlefield duties.

The Codex Astartes disapproves.
>>
>>46464121
There are absolutely no attempts made at egalitarianism in 40K.
>>
>>46464159
Fuck off girlyman
>>
>>46464179
I am not saying that what I am saying is that the Government controlling all the details of something and doing it in a dehumanizing way fits
>>
>>46464208
No, the feudal society of the Imperium of Man is not a communist society.
>>
>>46464248
that is not my current point. lurk more
>>
>>46464182
Fine, let your apothecaries be stuck a command rhino while brother just-lost-half-his-torso needs medical attention. No big loss you are not Ultramarines anyway.
>>
>>46464153
>FW

These are no lousy FW MkIII helmets, these are proper GW made MkIII helmets:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Chaos-Space-Marines-Iron-Warriors-Upgrade-Pack

I'm so glad I got a few sets of those hornless helmets, so once I get some MkIII suits, I can recast the helmets on them. I really don't like the FW helmets.
>>
File: 1429718291181.jpg (23 KB, 318x307) Image search: [Google]
1429718291181.jpg
23 KB, 318x307
>Penis inspection day
>Regular nurse isn't available
>Chapter master of the local space marines chapter volunteered to fill in
>yfw
>>
>>46464282
>doesn't even use memes correctly

wew
>>
>>46464332
>brother just-lost-half-his-torso needs medical attention
He needs techmarine and chapter master's approval to put him into dreadnought
>>
>>46463879
>>46463879

First off, the Imperium is not Communist, no. It lacks the lip-service to equality, the utopian rhetoric and the modernist, pro-science, anti-religion set dressing that is typical of communist regimes.

It *is*, however, totalitarian, so there are certainly ways in which it resembles Soviet Russia, Maoist China and modern day North Korea. It also has a lot of Nazi Germany, Tsarist Russia and Imperial Rome in it's DNA too, though.

Overall, I would not agree that the superstructure of the Imperium is feudal, though component worlds frequently are. Sector and Segmentum Governors are appointed, not inherited positions and the dominance of the graduates of the Schola Progena in various branches of the Adeptus Terra impede the formation of dynasties (impede, rather than prevent, though).

There are definitely feudal bits to the Imperium; the relation of various Forgeworlds to Mars is pretty feudal, though without any notable hereditary power. Lots of planets have planetary-level feudalism; indeed, that is the most common government type for planets.

The super-structure, however, is primarily a totalitarian, bureaucratic, absolute monarchy (with the monarch permanently indisposed and the High Lords serving as his regency council).

It's very much not feudalism at the highest levels; in feudalism there would be a balance between the power of the monarch and the nobility. In the Imperium, the power of the central government, while distant, is absolute.
>>
>>46464758
Oh, and planet-wide universal healthcare would be a matter for the planetary governor to decide. Provided he hit his tithe quotas (which, in fairness, universal healthcare might even help with) nobody would question his decision on the matter either way.

It's not how most planetary governors choose to do things, but it's not heretical. Nor even particularly eccentric.
>>
>Commissars
>Lots of Red

Its communist
>>
File: Deangalo.jpg (222 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Deangalo.jpg
222 KB, 1680x1050
>>46464378

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Iron-Warriors-Legion-MKII-Heads
>>
>>46464282

You might be the dumbest person on /tg/ right now.
>>
>>46464758
You mix economic formation and government. Imperium at large is feudal, Big E is its monarch. High Lords of Terra as his regents grant fiefs to capable administrators and don't interfere as long as governor pays tithe in resources and soldiers. High Lords simply can't project their wast power in most cases, neither local rulers can challenge them effectively. Sector Commanders coordinate efforts and resources to fight military threats, they don't rule planets of the sector.
>It also has a lot of Nazi Germany, Tsarist Russia and Imperial Rome
I'm Russian and I'm curious what unique traits of Tzarist Russia Imperium shares. Tell me, anon.
>>
>>46466090
>>46466090
It does t sound like feudalism it sounds like a confederacy witg the "states" being granted autonomy for the central governments convince and the central government having the power to seriously punish states who gets out of line
>>
>>46466350
>It does t sound like feudalism it sounds like a confederacy
Confederacy may include feudal kingdoms joining together. Confederacy is a union of states, Imperium is huge empire divided into many pieces to avoid management hell. Many Imperial planets are self-reliant worlds with subsistence economy, Hive worlds and Forge worlds are exceptions.
>>
>>46466350

No it sounds like communism, because it sounds like a thing I don't like, so it must be bad. And communism is bad. Thus it must be communism.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.