[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stat him, /tg/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 3
File: 1445411117564.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445411117564.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
Stat him, /tg/.
>>
Unneeded sequel of unneeded sequels/10.
>>
>>46461531
Bitch/10
>>
EmoDaddyIssues/10
>>
>>46461531
Fanfiction/10

{spoiler}shitpost topic/10
>>
Emo 10
Pussy 9
Sith 1
>>
>>46461531
Oh my god that Babyface/10
>>
Which star wars system specifically?

Fantasy Flight?
>>
+15 to ridiculous bitch fits that remove any sense of him as a legitimate threat
>>
>>46462298
disagree

I liked that the spoiled whiny kid was also crazy powerful and crazy unhinged

Kylo Ren was an interesting villain...shame about the whole rest of the First Order
>>
I've heard, Kylo Ren has an eight pack. That Kylo Ren is shredded.
>>
>>46461531
fugly loser/10
>>
>>46462419
No way, he's a punk bitch. I bet he weighs thirty pounds soaking wet.
>>
>>46461531
Take vader's stats, and ensure that his are lower.
>>
>>46462641
The actor was a former marine (mortars in sheeit). I saw a pic of him on a magazine. You wouldn't know it but that SOB is ripped
>>
>>46461531
A manchild's manchild.

The actor is a bro though.
>>
>>46461531
300 XP build. Aggressor. Maxed Stasis Power. Shitty lightsaber skills.
>>
>>46461531
>Granpa issues: the character
>>
>>46461531

Skin: CRAAAAAAAWLIIIIIIING
Wounds: WIIIIIIILL NOT HEEEAAAAALLLL
>>
>vanilla space fantasy series gets an interesting villain with a unique personality and solid motivation
>/tg/ complains

If I'd posted his character in a "come up with a good BBEG" thread a year or two ago, you all would have loved it.
>>
>>46463975
Please tell me how you came to this conclusion.
>>
>>46462372
I'm with you on this, one of the better characters in disney wars.
>>
File: dafuq-is-going-on-here.jpg (34 KB, 552x360) Image search: [Google]
dafuq-is-going-on-here.jpg
34 KB, 552x360
>>46463975
>interesting villain with a unique personality and solid motivation

since when ''daddy didn't understand me'' is a good character background

I get it's common and a lot of people can relate but it's not good
>>
>>46464035
Time travel and parallel universes, but I can never prove it.
>>
>>46463975
My only beef was the mask came off too soon at least should of been 2nd or thrid movie. But nooooooooooooooooooooo Harrison Ford didn't wanna be Han Solo anymore so we had to know Ren was his son.
>>
I'll try to give it a shot using Hero System
Telekinesis STR 20, gestures 1-hand (-1/4)
Weapon skill (lightsaber) +2
Perks:
Extremely high up in multi-planetary organization
Commands armies
Teacher is a master of his craft
Disadvantages:
Short temper (11-)
Obsessed about magic (14-)
Parents keep bugging him (bought off)
>>
>>46461531
Alan Rickman's Bastard Son/10
>>
>>46464085

I'm glad it wasn't this big, built-up reveal, to be honest. We've already had that. Same goes for the reveal that he's Han's son.

Introducing those bits as casually as they did was a step in the right direction. It's a shame there'll probably be a huge dramatic twist with Rey.
>>
>>46461531
level 6 antipaladin
>>
>>46464132
>It's a shame there'll probably be a huge dramatic twist with Rey

I want to like her, or at least not mind her enough to just have fun with the movies, but it's very hard to do so. I really fucking hope she isn't le secret Skywalker.
>>
>>46464412
I don't know, that feels the most logical progression to me, and it (along with le flashback on touching the lightsabre) would be an okay explanation of her skills - she's been trained, before being abandoned (as all Skywalkers have a mandatory "sit in the sand" period) and she's a Skywalker, they're all bullshit powerful anyway
>>
File: darth-vader.jpg (176 KB, 651x281) Image search: [Google]
darth-vader.jpg
176 KB, 651x281
>>46463975

It's impossible not to compare him to Darth Vader, in fact the movie goes out of its way to force this comparison. The character, quite literally, compares himself to Darth Vader on screen. He wants to be BE Darth Vader and even in the context of the movie itself, inside of its own world and story, he doesn't measure up. He throws fits BECAUSE he doesn't measure up. Does this make him a compelling character with a solid motivation for what he does?

Sure.

But TFA didn't need a compelling character with a solid motivation. It needed a villain. Look at Darth Vader in the OT. What the fuck is Darth Vader's motivation? He spends most of his on screen time choking bitches for not giving him what he wants. Until the third act of ESB he's really just The Bad Guy who is out to do bad things to our heroes, their organization, and the galaxy in general and he doesn't really have a lot of reason for doing it beyond total domination by The Empire.

Darth Vader is an amazingly good villain, one of the best, because even though his plots are foiled a few times and the heroes escape his clutches he's NEVER shown as weak. He is what the heroes, and the audience, fear. He's inscrutable behind that mask, subliminally frightening in the way he moves and sounds, and it seems like the only way to momentarily foil him (when he can be foiled at all) is by dumb luck or extreme sacrifice.

Kylo Ren should have just spent the movie choking mother fuckers and not removing his mask.
>>
>>46461531
OP/10.
>>
>>46464519
kylo ren is a good villain for an era obsessed with introspection and identity politics
>>
>>46464519
I get what you're saying a little, I think it was the RedLetterMedia reviews that drove it home ("Give me a bad guy whose motivations are clear.")

But since it was the seventh film, I really like what they did and I think it worked really well. If you didn't need the Darth Vader = grandfather context and it was just another baddie who kills people because he works for Baddie HQ, people would have complained even MORE about it being a glib facsimile of the original Star Wars.

Plus everyone has already seen that shit. Just watch the original trilogy again if you want the same character. You can watch Darth Vader choking and interrogating people over and over.
>>
>>46464519
I would actually compare Ren more with Luke Skywalker than Darth Vader.
Ren appealed to me because he seems to be going through the exact same heroes journey that Luke went through, but with the sides swapped.
>>
>>46464565
But that doesn't make him a good STAR WARS villain.
The originals did not tie themselves to the politics of their day, which is why the stories aren't dated.
I don't even mind half the shit about Kylo Ren, what I do dislike is that he wasn't what Star Wars needed, and that was a credible villainous figure.
They made him TOO piteous and sympathetic to be a villain, and without a villain, the protags also look weaker for it.
>>
>>46464511
I wish she could be her own character. I want her to be the first in a line force sensitive people just popping up and being a threat to the First Order. But no, she can't even be her own character. She's a boring nothing cutout.
>>
>>46462372
I liked his concept, but the execution, ehhh. Every bad guy in that film is a pretty incompetent pushover, which kind of drags them all down to an unenjoyable level to me. Kylo Ren? Teenage tryhard way in over his head. First Order? Cheap knockoff longing for the glory days and fucking up in the same way for the third time - no matter how much bigger you make the Death Star, it won't make them look more intimidating. Whatever that silver storm trooper captain's name was? Keeps getting screwed over by her nervous underling. Snoke? I don't know if his ridiculous hologram discredited him before I heard the name or whether it happened vice-versa.

Actually makes me wonder if part of that tr8tor maymay came from a desire to latch onto a bad guy that has guts, clear motivations and seems fairly competent by comparison if nothing else.

I think for Kylo to work there either needed to be a bigger credible threat to carry the stakes while developing the Kylo's flaws, or there needed to be more time to build up Kylo's facade first (good look doing that in the typical short story format of a movie script tho - stopping a plasma bolt mid-air isn't quite the same establishing scene as slowly forcechoking the dude that made fun of your religion), or Kylo needed to go full Game of Thrones' Joffrey and be so childishly incompetent yet powerful that it became a threat in and of itself.
>>
>>46464661
I don't know that could have happened (it might still happen, technically, but I wouldn't bet on it) - a new character, with NO connection, that doesn't really work here.

It could work for *A* sci-fi movie, but here I think it wouldn't work - Star Wars is a saga, of the old school, and the family links are a big part of that - if she's not Luke's, she'll probably be his inheritor at least (a la Luke to Obi Wan), but just popping up from nowhere isn't going to happen

Still, I want to see the second film, the one that isn't just "look guys, we're not fucking it like Lucas did" - which, lets be honest, was the message of TFA, and it did just about manage that (to my mind)
>>
>>46464649
>The originals did not tie themselves to the politics of their day, which is why the stories aren't dated.
>there are no cold war allusions in the original trilogy
They must've changed more than I thought between Gold Edition and whatever you watched.
>>
>>46464791
Did Captain Phasma actually do anything in that movie? I don't remember her doing a single cool bad guy thing, at all. Why was she there?

Also I can't believe they fucking went with the name Snoke. Christ.
>>
>>46462372
They should highlighted he was already injured before the final fight

the chest tapping didn't get it across sadly, he should have coughed up some blood
>>
>>46462732
>a pic of him on a magazine
Topless pictures of men consist of taking a stock (bodybuilder) model and photoshopping the celebrity's head onto his shoulders.

They depict EVERY male star as ripped.
>>
The only reason girls actually cared about TFA/10
>>
>>46464937
>Still, I want to see the second film
before I make my judgement on Rey

Also it feels like Poe had his bit cut for run time, so I'd like to see him actually have a role next time
>>
>>46464963

Are you joking? Didn't both those things happen?

He might have just bled from his wound, I forget. But you see the blood land in the snow or whatever.
>>
>>46464964
How come everyone throws such a massive hissy fit over "unrealistic expectations for women" but this shit is totally acceptable?
>>
>>46464940
Considering they are based on classic Japanese stories and Heroes' Journey, I'm not sure you ever understood Star Wars at all.
>>
>>46464979
He was supposed to stay dead, but people liked him so they brought him back out of nowhere.

Best they could do, really.
>>
>>46461659
>Sith
Can he even be a sith? Now that the EU is no more, I'm not even sure what the word "sith" means exactly...
>>
>>46464962
Much like the 3rd hero dude, Poe, it feels like she had her bit where she does something cut.

Hopefully she can come back for revenge, she's a poor man's Boba Fett, and ol' BF might be cool, but he's not exactly overloaded with cool moments if you actually re-watch ep 5
>>
>>46465051
Did you really want Captain Phasma to have cool moments?

I think the problem was marketing and showing her off in the trailer.

If they had some scene where she single-handedly took down a bajillion Resistance soldiers or something, that wouldn't have made her badass. It would have felt forced and dumb.

The "TRAITOR!" Stormtrooper was the actual Boba Fett.
>>
>>46465008
Ssssshh anon don't question it

When men are made sexy, it's a 'power fantasy', when women are made sexy, it's 'sexism', leave this wild ride with me
>>
>>46465008
Are you only now realising you live in a world of double standards? Are you sure you're over 18?

>>46465047
A sith is anyone who uses a red lightsaber. Obviously.
>>
>>46465051
Poe did do the actual blowing up of the oscillator thing. I'm hoping he gets in an awesome dogfight with some First Order Ace in an upgraded TIE Interceptor in the next movie.

At least Poe's done more to establish his awesome pilot cred than Wedge ever did, since he took out something like 8 TIE fighters in a single shot in the dambuster sequence.
>>
>>46465008
A cut physique is well within reach for any male between 15-30 if they put the work towards it.
Also, it's not the muscles that attract women.
I point to the joke
>Do you think Ryan Renolds got where he did on his ACTING ability?
He is genuinely a handsome man, and that is something you really need to be born with.
>>
>>46465008
The same reason it's totally acceptable to discriminate against whites in hiring practices.
>>
>>46464088
>Parents keep bugging him (bought off)
Kek
>>
>>46464964

No but he IS actually an ex-marine and very fit.
>>
>>46465180
...because we wuz kangs and shyet?
>>
>>46464962
>Did Captain Phasma actually do anything in that movie?
I think she was there to show Fin's character development or along those lines, but ended up a failure all around
>>
>>46465007
>>46464963

Yeah, you see him leaving a trail of blood as he staggers after them.
>>
>>46464412
I can't stand her. I really can't, and I hate the daughter of 'blank' theories.
I also can't see Ren as a villain.

Honestly, most of the movie's sales were from nostalgia.
>>
>>46465036
>a trilogy can't be based on more than one thing
>>
>>46464966
Dis.
And fuck red letter media for refusing to Plinkett this movie.
>>
>>46465051

Phasma suffers from 'We set her up this movie so that people recognize her when we use her in bigger roles in later movies'.

I mean, the director expressly said to people that she was only going to play a small role in the first movie but everyone still went into it expecting Darth Vader.
>>
>>46465127
Yeah, that was cool.

>>46465102
I don't really know - I feel there's something that could be made with the 3 non-voldemort heads of the New Order: personally powerful but unstable Ren, solid and capable Phasma in the middle, uptight but cunning ... Ginger Guy (I really liked that he quite clearly hated Ren's guts, that's a good bit of character for the organisation. Not quite Peter Cushing, but that's not going to happen twice, and we have already seen it)

Though at least showing the Shiney Special Stormtrooper can and will lose has some value, especially if they come back to kick some ass in VIII - an opponent with a personal grudge, could work
>>
>>46465303
Yeah, too much promo there for the size of her role.
>>
>>46465299
There's a Plinkett trailer out for it. I imagine the full thing will come out once they get bluray release footage for the video.

In the trailer he already basically mentioned Disney exceeded his expectations for villainy by making the movie a remake of the first movie - just thinly-veiled enough to cash in on old characters.
>>
>>46461531
>supposed to be a gifted jedi who was able to annihilate all of Luke's other students
>gets shot by an elderly wookie
>gets nicked in a lightsaber duel by an ex-stormtrooper who couldn't even beat a regular stormtrooper in a fight
>gets his ass handed to him by a bumblefuck scavenger from totally-not-Tatooine who'd literally only heard of the Force a day earlier

It's almost impressive how they made him so completely underwhelming.
>>
>>46464412
What really annoyed me about her was how she was just instantly good at everything with no training.

The Falcon is a falling apart, ancient piece of shit starship? She just happens to know exactly how to fix AND fly it! Never mind the fact that it was an ancient piece of shit even when Han Solo had it.

It took Luke years and years training with a master Jedi to do even the most minor of Force tricks? Rey can do the mind trick at the start, with a little trial and error.

Rey's never held a lightsaber in her life? Well she's at least as good as Kylo Ren, who's been training for years at it! (this is at least excusable since he was injured prior to their fight and had to kick Finn's shit in too, but still.)

If she turns out to be another important character's kid I won't even be surprised.
>>
>>46465314

I honestly like that the New Order are a pale shade of the Empire. They've got the old toys and are trying a lot of new things but they are NOT the objectively most powerful group in the playing field.

That got shown off really well to me when the X-Wing support for the rebels turns up and the First Order needs to pull back. They have a lot of troops but they are not the empire with it's 'Enough troops to win any conventional fight'. They need to cheapshot the new Republic with a sudden and crushing attack on it's leadership to avoid getting curbstomped when they actually become a real threat.

Right now it's like if Pearl Harbor had actually worked and forced America to stay out of the war.

>>46465376

That and she was really the biggest name actor in the movie that wasn't a returning character due to Game of Thrones.

If they do good stuff with her later, I'll be happy. Showing her off as someone who's tactical and skilled rather than some invincible supersoldier who can fight her way out of 'Held at gunpoint by 3 people'.

People complain about her being held hostage but I think it would have felt a bit weird for her to have managed to fight out of it against a Wookie, a Hero of the Rebellion and a Trained Soldier when they all got the jump on her unless she turned out to suddenly be a Sith or something.
>>
>>46465303
There's a difference between a small role and no role though.

You could have put a generic storm trooper in all of her scenes and the movie wouldn't have changed a bit.
>>
>>46465498
Okay the Falcon is like playing with Legos in the age of gunpla, that's the whole point of it

Luke was always skeptical, and that seemed to be like 90% of his training, just to get him to stop bitching

Honestly, it sucked, but I like to think Kylo wanted to lose, it would make more sense then
>>
>>46465498
This is what the Force does. It makes you an instant expert at stuff.

See: Anakin being able to fly a Naboo Starfighter after only the briefest explanation of how spacecraft controls work from the captain, and reading Mace Windu's mind despite having no training in the force at all(A cup. A ship. A speeder.)

Also see: Luke being able to block bolts he can't even see from the training droid after a few hours of explanation.
>>
>>46465498

Years and years of training?

Luke used the force to guide his shot at the deathstar after weeks at most, more likely days.

His training with Yoda was about the same, a couple of months at the highest.
>>
>>46461531
+10 to use item (hair spray)
>>
>>46465498
>with no training.

Source on this?

And a reminder that Luke conveniently had off-screen pilot training so he was a good pilot.
>>
>>46465544

Honestly, Kylo was kicking her pillar to post for the vast majority of the fight. She was barely avoiding a horrible death for most of it.

It was only at the end where she was clearly letting the force control her that she managed to fight back. Even before that, Kylo was emotionally shattered, injured and had to fight his way through another guy who got in a few good hits.
>>
>>46465634
Well yeah, but how did Finn get good hits in? I'll go with that thing you said, about the emotions.

Oh and Rey being controlled by the force is some Kotor 2-type shit that I would be down for
>>
>>46465498
>years and years training
How long was between the 2 death stars?

Also, with that flashback and knowing Luke had a mini-academy at one point, I highly doubt she's not been trained

>>46465519
Yeah, that's a good point - she got captured by one of her own men and two Rebellion heroes, one of whom is a wookie. That's not exactly going down easy.

I'm also wondering what the timescale was between Christie becoming a major character on Thrones and getting hired and filming TFA scenes, which almost certainly affected the amount of promotion she got (it also reminds me that the UK is offering huuuge tax breaks for filming)
>>
>>46465685
>how did Finn get good hits in?
Ren had already been shot in the side by a bowcaster and just killed his father. He's kinda fucked up at that point.

Personally, I love the theory that "the pull to the light" that Ren is feeling is actually Anakin Skywalker's influence, even though he's trying to immerse himself in the dark of Vader's legacy.
>>
>>46465740

>Yeah, that's a good point - she got captured by one of her own men and two Rebellion heroes, one of whom is a wookie. That's not exactly going down easy.

Clearly she should have tried to unarmed combat the wookie. Then they could have fit her in a smaller garbage chute.
>>
>>46464963
Chest tapping was nothing to do with showing he was injured. Rather, it seems he was aggravating his wounds to cause himself greater pain, which would allow him to tap into the dark side more effectively.

Basically, he was activating his emo powers
>>
>>46465776
>Personally, I love the theory that "the pull to the light" that Ren is feeling is actually Anakin Skywalker's influence, even though he's trying to immerse himself in the dark of Vader's legacy.
If it's not that I'll be legitimately surprised.

Still though, it's kinda funny how he's begging Darth Vader to help him, and there's a good chance he's actually trying to and Ren just can't see it right in front of him.
>>
>>46465106
The ride never ends
>>
>>46465865

Which I think is part of his issue.

He's not very good at the Dark Side. He doesn't have that true rage like Vader did. He's managing a childish facimile at best.

He was at his most powerful at the beginning of the movie when he was calm and in control of himself. Like the Jedi he was trained to be. The more he lashed out and loosed his control, the worse he got.
>>
>>46465865
That and probably using the shock and pain from striking his own wounds to keep from succumbing to shock and fainting. He was definitely trying to psyche himself up with it. Honestly, given that wound (and how bowcasters literally destroy people in armor and he took it with none), he's lucky he could stand, let alone fight.

Ren's a fucking badass when he wants to be. He just needs to get over his emo phase.
>>
>>46461531
Alright at the beggining of the movie all stats max then randomley make him weaker throughout the movie.
>>
>>46465944
Give him an item: Mask of Ren. Enchanted: All stats +20; this item loses its enchantment once removed.
>>
>>46465919

Honestly, I think he could be a very potent guy if he paid more attention to Clone Wars Ani.

Deep emotion and strong control together, capable of drawing on either of them when he need it. He'd likely do very well if he tried to just go with what feels natural, rather than trying to force dark side emotion he's clearly not feeling properly.
>>
>>46465914
Thing is, he does have rage. Its quite evident. The trouble is, however, he is not fully trained in either side. He doesn't know how to maintain his anger at a simmer, rather than let it boil over.

Thats one thing Vader had going for him. He had all-consuming rage, immense and constant physical pain and an utter lack of ties focusing and honing him. Ren has the potential to get there and, potentially, be stronger if his clever manipulation of his pain is anything to go by, but that will depend largely on the progress of his training.

>>46465919
True enough that.

Honestly, as far as potential threats go, hes pretty scary if ya think about it. He just needs training and experience to actually bring that out. He needs to learn to control his anger while still maintaining his flashes of inspiration and not succumbing totally to discipline. Combo that and complete training and he could be a great threat in and of himself.

Of course, Snoke has been grooming him like a pedo would it seems so Ren is gonna be unbalanced naturally anyway. It'll be interesting to see where he goes.
>>
>>46466062

>The trouble is, however, he is not fully trained in either side. He doesn't know how to maintain his anger at a simmer, rather than let it boil over.

Oh yeah. That's what I mean by the childish facimile. He's letting it run wild and drain him like a 10 year old getting into a screaming match then falling over exhausted because they've tired themself out with all the screaming.

He's got anger but it's not really the true dark side Rage right now because he's not drawing strength properly from it. He's just letting a wildfire run through him.
>>
>>46464511
She could be obi wans grandkid
>>
>>46461531
+2 Tumblr-tier agenda
+4 in bad stereotypes
>>
>>46466316

With who? The Mando lady?
>>
>>46466339
Satine is dead
>>
>>46466372

Oh I know but I don't know who else he could have had a kid with and had her look that very 'not-a-night-sister'
>>
>>46466412
He could have hooked up with someone in the twenty years between 3 and 4.
>>
>>46461531
Revan wannabe.
>>
Let's see.

Str: 12 (he wasn't very good with that lightsabre)
Dex: 12 (wasn't overly agile)
Con: 14 (he kept fighting after getting shot)
Int: 10 (no indication of there being any brains behind all the angst)
Wis: 9 (he couldn't even pass a will save against Mary Sue... I mean Rey to stop her reversing the mind probe thing)
Cha: 9 (he's got the charisma of a damp cloth)

Level: 4
HP: 34
Skills: +15 to the angst skill

How's it looking so far?
>>
>>46464940
I see, among other influences: Samurai movies, serial adventure flicks like Flash Gordon, Nazis, and Arthurian legend but the Cold War is not something I see in Star Wars. Where the fuck do you get the Cold War from? Maaaaaybe if you want to count the Death Star as some nuclear weapons parable but that's a real stretch. The Death Star is more of just an over the top McGuffin that will doom the heroes. There is not a standoff where both sides are afraid to use their Death Stars. There's no parable for communism. Neither the Rebel Alliance nor the Galactic Empire seem to have any political ideology other than "Good" and "Evil" respectively. There is nothing resembling a red scare...

I could go on but please, what is it about Star Wars that so reminded you of the Cold War?
>>
>>46464519
Vader is also a filmography one-off superstar- possibly the most recognizable villain of any media with the exception of the red-skinned horned Devil himself.

Look at that bastard: cape, death mask, deep voice, unnerving sounds, size, color, color contrast with stormies, the fucker has presence like no other. He is the most terrifying dude in the room, and EVERYONE knows it.

>>46465498
But anon, a decent amount of that stuff is explained:
>growing up on jakkooine, fixing shit for a bizarre MRE/panera bread bowl hybrid
>Luke had no years of training. His hands on training with Obi and Yoda is literally at most two weeks, and more likely is just a few days.
>right off the bat we see Luke reflecting lasers from a seeker and YOLOing a proton torpedo shot to the death star. For a Skywalker Rey's explosive power growth is NOT unexpected.
>note that even Anakin was passing the Jedi council test flawlessly in episode 1 and was doing super fast pod racing... At nine years old. He was also mechanically gifted.

Kylo has displayed a decent level of competence despite seemingly poor training. Much of his saber game can be explained in one simple sentence: He JUST got shot. Like two minutes before. With a wookie now caster that was toppling stormies over. He was literally bleeding out, we saw that. I really can't blame him for taking a shot like a champ and still moving on to fight in a battle. He wasn't the best, sure, but he did decently for a man actively bleeding to death and clearly under considerable pain.
>>
>>46470965

>He wasn't the best, sure, but he did decently for a man actively bleeding to death and clearly under considerable pain.

Honestly, he nearly won despite it all. Despite taking a beating that John McClane would appreciate. That's honestly pretty impressive.
>>
>>46461531
1/2 parents
>>
>>46465562
>>46465498
As another anon noted, a lot of Luke's training was just trying to teach him "YES YOU CAN,".
That's how the force works. This isn't dragon ball z you're not getting "stronger" by an arbitrary force rating, you are exercising greater focus and discipline, particularly when under duress.

That's why Luke deflected shots better WITHOUT his vision in a new hope. With no sensory input he had to put his faith in the force. It's how Kanan fought maul after being blinded- he didn't percieve the world how he "saw it", he let the force show him the world as it is, and how it will be.

Most of Luke's limitations where "I don't think that's possible". He never heard of Jedi, or the force. Han didn't think it existed at all.

Rey isn't like that. She heard stories, and is the series meta fan girl. She embraces the force fully because she wants to believe it.

Imagine there was a dude who 100% legit could move stuff with his mind, like a car. He says you could do it to if you follow 3 easy steps. Would you be willing to try it out if it was free and he was absolutely not lying?

That's where Rey is: she saw the dudes internet video and is fully invested in that path. She believes the force, and she is rewarded consistently for opening herself to it.

It's not as popular as the "dojo Jedi" method of generational training to do basic stuff, but it is 100% in the vein of the originals.
>>
>>46463975
>solid motivation
>muh lamarkian genetic memory heritage of evil made my kill my friends and stab my dad
>>
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>46470965
Yeah, pretty much. You aren't going to do another Vader, at least not in a series with the OG.

Even when he's not the most senior villain - like when he's under Peter Cushing (one of the few people who could actually pull off being his superior) it's still hugely clear that he's a badass.

So I'm glad they didn't try for another Vader, that would have gone horribly
>>
>>46465127
>At least Poe's done more to establish his awesome pilot cred than Wedge ever did, since he took out something like 8 TIE fighters in a single shot in the dambuster sequence.
bit of trivia- Poe's bits shooting down TIEs and destroying the Starkiller were originally supposed to BE Wedge - Poe was originally slated to die in the crash on Jakku. But Dennis Lawson declined to return as Wedge Antilles and JJ Abrams liked Oscar Isaacs so much in the role as Poe they had him survive the crash offscreen.
>>
>>46461531
Shit film with a Mary-sue protagonist, a good concept but poorly executed villain, and a plot that was literally blow-for-blow identical to the first one, which was vastly superior
>>
>>46465861
>unarmed combat the wookie.
>Then they could have fit her in a smaller garbage chute.
I saw what you did there, it was funny.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.