[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5EG/ D&D Fifth Edition General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 1024x708) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 1024x708
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove, contains all official 5e stuff:
https://mega.nz#F!UVkTnT5b!FJ34UZ98BMY2mEtexenS7g

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/tg/ Character Sheet
https://mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

third thread in the bag

Are you going to let your players become revenants?
>>
>Are you going to let your players become revenants?

No.
>>
>>46459566
Only if they're all revenants. That'd be some rad shit.
>>
>>46459566
That pic looks pretty epic until you realize one of the guys is just standing there playing a flute.

Fukken bards man.
>>
>>46459566

>evil
>undead
>edgy

No. But full disclosure, I don't allow EE races or Eberron UA races either.
>>
>>46459566
That image is pretty fucking rad
>>
What homebrew/fanmade/whatever stuff do you like using for your campaigns/characters?
>>
>>46459566
I'd allow it. If I am the one suggesting it, my players are sure to never want to take advantage of it ;)
>>
My group has been using a sort of power-point currency system for gaining feats and ability increases.>>46459666
>>
File: nice meme.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
nice meme.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>46459631

>Revenants
>Evil
>>
File: bards.jpg (42 KB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
bards.jpg
42 KB, 425x319
>>46459624
>>
File: revenant.png (52 KB, 434x54) Image search: [Google]
revenant.png
52 KB, 434x54
>>46459631
>thinking revenants are evil
>not even reading the monster manual
>>
>>46459631
>no UA
Fine

>no EE
Unless you're in a custom setting you're a shit DM
>>
>>46459624
He's playing a flute that appears to be causing giant arrows to materialize out of the ground and pierce the death tyrant through the jaw, so I'd say he gets a pass.
>>
Hey /tg/. Playing OotA currently.

My DM homebrewed a faction of do-gooders called the Knights Sacrificiers long gone by the current time period and part of their shtick was that they hunted BBEGs. During the stretch between Gracklestug and Neverlight Grove which was littered with the corpses of these knights, we encountered an old abandoned lich's lair, sticking out of a corpse on the throne of the lair was a magical arrow - upon casting Identify, I learned it was an attunement, one-use item, an Arrow of the Sacrificiers which kills a target who fails its save immediately. Naturally, I attuned this item and saved it for a life-or-death situation.

A That Guy player joined the game and took the campaign off the rails and brought us to the surface where we've been fooling around a while now.

So, we end up fighting a dragon up on the surface. It comes down to half the party dying (myself included), the rest being able to escape if they're lucky. So, I grant myself advantage using a certain class feature to max my chance to hit; I succeed. The dragon uses its legendary resistance to make the save automatically (and its used it a couple times prior by that time).

The dragon downs me, goes to finish off my teammate who's on death saving throws. I roll a natural 20 on my first saving throw; on the dragon's turn, he takes out an allied creature and forces my teammate's second death saving throw.

My turn comes up again and I charge the dragon, grapple him, yank out the arrow and stab it back in, successfully hitting. The dragon fails the save, and the arrow's magic takes hold.

It turns out that the way the arrow works is that it rips the souls from the target and the attuned creature and swaps them, thus allowing the attuned creature to use the target's power to kill the attuned creatures body which contains the soul of the target (confusing, I know, sorry).

So I blow the coup de grace after announcing to my party that I'm in the dragon's body...(1/2)
>>
>>46459566
Maybe, but only if it's understood that I'm going to enforce the limits on the nature of revenants. Revenants exist to avenge their own deaths, and their need for revenge is the only thing that animates them. If they get distracted by other tasks, they get weaker and weaker until they pass on to the afterlife. And if they achieve their mission and get their revenge, they are immediately destroyed.
>>
>>46459834
He only said he restricted EE races. That the aarakocra (banned for flight), genasi (eh), goliaths (handy for some builds, but nothing too fancy), and the svirnefblin (racial feat abuse with Arcane Ward).

So two out of 4 had some reason to be banned (I wouldn't, but I can understand it), and the other two don't merit enough controversy to justify inclusion for this DM.
>>
>>46459881
(2/2)

after a teammate's potentially fatal fire bolt luckily missed me.

I knock my character's original body unconscious, later finish him off and Gentle Repose him.

My DM was expecting me to use the arrow on like a fucking troll or some other lesser badass (he intentionally left me ignorant as to the soul-swapping nature of the enchantment). So anyway, now my character is a dragon.

I'm pretty sure I had a question to ask about this but after writing this up I completely forget. Anyway, what does /tg/ think of this? Ever play a dragon before?
>>
>>46459624
On closer inspection that flute seems to be summoning the arrows flying at it.
>>
>>46459881
>Playing OotA currently.

That's where you fucked up. That adventure is shit, poorly designed, and is only good for the monster stats in the back. Play a real adventure, like CoS or PotA.
>>
>>46459969
Learn to polymorph into a humanoid and you're good to go
>>
>>46459969
It makes me so happy... Will he let you start taking class levels again? I've always liked the image of a dragon bard with a giant banjo.
>>
To what extent is mundane modern technology replicated by magic in your setting?
>>
Can one make an actual fluid druid? Like, one with a specialty for water, blood, liquids in general?
>>
>Newby player rolls draconic sorcerer focused on fire
>Immune to fire monsters everywhere
>Dude believes he fucked up instead of believing the GM is a moron
Thinking on leaving this game and bring the poor new guy with me
>>
>>46460023
Well, there's a powerful positive energy spell called Starbirth that was developed by a god-like progenitor race called the Lumenara that disappeared. A group of mortals in the present day were able to recreate a less powerful version of it using information discovered from Lumenara ruins, and it's basically an atom bomb.
>>
>>46460023
I am working on an Artificer who will use his proficiency in every Int stat, tinker's tools, and smith's tools in order to Fabricate-mass produce items. Once I have capital built up, I plan to begin the Industrial Revolution by harnessing magic items like the Decanter of Endless Water to power my machines.

Animate Dead can provide more than a few bodies ;)
>>
>>46460089
consider asking the DM to stop making everything immune to fire because it feels bad, man.
Alternatively stop fighting things in lava land or whatever the fuck is possibly going on.
>>
>>46459566
I'd only allow newer players to be one since dying early can discourage people from playing more.
>>
>>46460047
What, like you shapeshift into a puddle?
>>
>>46460047
The Shape Water cantrip from the EEPC is available to Druids.
>>
>>46460089
If he didn't pick a single spell that does another kind of damage, yeah, he fucked up. Fire is one of the more common resistances/immunities, probably second only to poison. Fire spells are the most efficient and numerous, but you do need some kind of backup.
>>
>>46459947
Restricting any player choice from an official material is shit DM behavior

And the oreo gnome and birdperson are perfectly balanced
>>
File: Tmor-Draco2.jpg (24 KB, 429x322) Image search: [Google]
Tmor-Draco2.jpg
24 KB, 429x322
>>46460020
> Dragon bard
> Plays banjo
> Not a singer

It's a well known fact that dragons love to sing when they're happy.
>>
File: 1459731174236.png (220 KB, 506x556) Image search: [Google]
1459731174236.png
220 KB, 506x556
>>46460160
>Restricting any player choice from an official material is shit DM behavior

Okay, now you've become unreasonable.
>>
>>46460089
>>Immune to fire monsters everywhere

How?
>>
>>46460150
He's a red draconic sorcerer, he of course he's going to get fire spells, specially if he's a new player.
>>
>>46460214
We are at 11th level
>>
>>46460023
I once had glowing crystals used for lightbulbs in certain areas of the realm. Of course there are still torches or candles, but in heavy magic infused lands they would mine for the crystals and basically screw them into lamp posts.

Then of course you got escalators in mage towers or guilds, powered by some enchanted runes or some shit. Though, I'm not sure if you would count those as mundane.
>>
>>46460089
Tell him to pick the feat that reduces resistance to nothing and immunity to resistance to one element.
>>
>>46460235
The DM thought it was a good idea to introduce a new player at 11th level without any handholding whatsoever?
>>
>>46460189
What would you ban then?

Variant human? Nobody picks it anyway, the party I'm DMing for has no humans

Banning stuff makes you a shit DM, you gotta make it work
>>
>>46460266
Elemental Adept doesn't affect immunity, if I recall
>>
File: cool poppa.jpg (64 KB, 465x340) Image search: [Google]
cool poppa.jpg
64 KB, 465x340
>>46460020

>Not being a Dragon Bard with enchanted bagpipes that can use them in conjunction with this breath weapon
>>
>>46460235
I must be stupid. What am I missing here? Draconic Bloodline sorcerers don't seem to get any kind of immunity that I can see. Dragonborn get resistance but not immunity.

Do you mean because of a particular spell or something?
>>
>>46460320
You're missing that the monsters they're fighting are the ones immune to fire, not the dragonborn.
>>
>>46460320
He means monsters that are Immune to Fire are everywhere. Not that the sorcerer is immune to fire monsters.
>>
>>46460320
??
The immune to fire are the monsters, not the PC, the PC has tons of fire spells and thanks to draconic heritage he adds Cha to fire spells.
>>
>>46460342
Oh right, my bad.
>>
File: DPb8Y8w.jpg (171 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
DPb8Y8w.jpg
171 KB, 1200x900
>>46460089
I agree with >>46460127 on the ideal way about this. Just talk to the DM about it.

But seriously, why the fuck are you fighting in water world? Your first problem was getting Kevin Costner as your DM.

Maybe the DM has some beef with the player if he was literally going to cockblock him on the entire campaign.
>>
>>46460320
The monsters are fire immune

Anon types like a retard
>>
>>46460047
Well, let's see. It would be a Land Druid, so we need two spells of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th levels that revolve around manipulating liquids (Note: I will be borrowing heavily from the EEPC):

2nd:
3rd: Wall of Water, Tidal Wave
4th: Watery Sphere, Control Water
5th: Maelstrom

As an earlier anon stated, Shape Water should be a cantrip you pick up. Create or Destroy Water should usually be prepared.

Sleet Storm and Tsunami are good spells for the theme. If anyone can think of two first or second-level spells or one more 5th or 4th level spell, the list looks relatively ready to go (if maybe not balanced).
>>
>>46460221
Mostly fire, yes. Exclusively fire, that's asking for situations like this. Even taking Magic Missile or some utility spells like Haste would make him a meaningful asset in any fight.
>>
>>46460011
Yeah, we've met some metallic dragons in the past (and part of my character's background deals with knowledge of dragons) so we know that they polymorph into humanoid forms. Now, I took advantage of a certain item to change from a white dragon (the one we fought) into a brass (but the DM ruled that the item broke from the power surge required from that so I can't abuse it further).

So I'm an Adult Brass, which doesn't have Change Shape innately. We are using the spellcasting dragon variant, so I can learn 4 and lessth level spells and I get three casts per day. I am going to go check out what I can do with that in terms of changing shape, but I think my DM rules that Adult dragons in addition to Ancients get the Change Shape ability.

>>46459979
This is my first DnD campaign, the DM chose it and I'm excited to get into a new one, but we'll finish OotA. DM hates this campaign too, thinks it's shit just as you do.
>>
>>46460274
A free feat at level one can allow for some pretty overpowered character builds.
The only downside is no darkvision, but certain classes can get around that. If you're playing a Warlock, Variant Human is possibly your best choice of race.
Also, light sources exist.
>>
File: wewwonder.jpg (58 KB, 736x549) Image search: [Google]
wewwonder.jpg
58 KB, 736x549
>>46460142
>run two druids with one that is master water shapeshifter
Wonder Twin powers activate!
>>
>>46459566
Only if they're all revenants. Would be good for a short campaign, I think: find the guy who murdered you, once he's dead, game's done.
>>
>>46460023
Everywhere.

Fucking everywhere.

There are so many magewrights that they have to take on brand names and massive marketing campaigns. Mechanically, different manufacturers sell similar items for a variance of cost/effect.

> but 5e can't do high magic!
When everyone's super...
>>
>>46460020
I'm not sure. He said that as it stands, I'm a ranger6/rogue1/dragon16. Not sure what he means by that, but we'll see. Hopefully. If so, I'll continue with the ranger class probably.
>>
>>46460472
Might be fun following a TPK.
>>
>>46460294
Houserule because shit's unfair and no fun.
Just putting the party up against enemies without fire resistance is probably a better choice, though, even though it would eliminate 40 monsters from use.
>>
>>46460414
Gases are technically also fluids. Therefore, spells which manipulate air such as Gust should also be valid choices.

You may also wish to dip Arcana Cleric for Acid Splash as an attack cantrip.
>>
>>46460489
Yeah, thinking the same thing.
>>
>>46460513
>technically also fluids
Nobody asked about engineering, anon.
>>
>>46460459
And yet nobody fucking picks it

And it's not like it's overpowered anyway, it's a feat and a skill in exchange for darkvision and stuff like lucky and the half orc's insane crits, which could also be argued to be "overpowered" with the right class

Why not let players make powergame if they want to?
>>
>>46460459
GFB builds aside, what feat-heavy warlock builds are there? There are hardly any feats which greatly improve Eldritch Blast spam.
>>
>>46460507
That's like saying monsters with non magical slashing/bludgeoning/piercing damage immunity are no fun, they're, and if players can't beat them without magic weapons it's their fault for being dumb.
>>
>>46460570
>, they're,
never do this again
>>
>>46460570
It's not quite like that.

Some portion of monsters are fire immune, and if you have only fire magic, you're gonna be fucked in those fights and should've seen it coming.

But if the DM sees that you only have fire, and throws a disproportionate number of fire immune enemies at you, he's just being a shit DM.
>>
>>46460563
fluid by any official definition includes gaseous substances. If I understand correctly, even some solids are fluid albeit on a very long timescale.
>>
>>46460566
None, there are builds that turn bladelock from meh to pretty good though

Polearm master and GWF in particular are pretty crazy, even more when combined

2d10+1d4+(3×CHA)+(3×STR)+30 damage a turn
Extra 3d6 with hex, or with advantage in darkness
>>
>>46460564
>nobody fucking picks it
Anecdotal and irrelevant. Granted, it's not "overpowered" and I disagree with the other anon, but there is a significant advantage to starting play with a feat. Shield Master allows for an attack followed by a shove, and the classic example of Great Weapon Master shines. Whether or not that feat will make a character stronger, on par, or weaker than another race depends entirely on what the feat is and how often it's applied.
>>
>>46460564
I'm a Variant Human...that kind of early character customization always drew me to the Human Race...

Plus I like to build fairly average looking characters that end up standing out because he's your average joe walking around with a Minotaur, A Drow, A Gnome and a Tron Elemental.
>>
>>46460609
>If I understand correctly, even some solids are fluid albeit on a very long timescale.
That stuff about glass being fluid is an urban legend and 100% untrue.
>>
How does /5eg/ feel about young characters? I don't mean 17/18, I mean characters between 12-16.

I'm torn between an always-helmeted that acts like a grouchy and grizzled mercenary that is in fact a 15 year old girl, and a little druid-kid who just wants to bring balance to nature and go on adventures while looking for her brother.

>inb4 degenerates meme about lolis
Child characters are well established in fantasy and sci fi.
>>
>>46460570
Only 17 creatures with complete immunity to nonmagical weapons exist. Compare that to the 40 monsters with immunity to fire.
>>
>>46460676
>That
>Crazy
Never ever lay an eye, for your own safety, on paladin or battlemaster
>>
>>46460724
Irrelevant, the point is that if you can't deal with monsters immune to your damage types you don't deserve playing an rpg.
>>
>>46460566
The types of character I have in mind don't rely entirely on warlock because I usually multiclass.
>>
>>46460719
>getting this defensive immediately
uh huh.

Does this 15 year old girl actually expect to disguise herself as that? Because it'd be pretty obvious.
>>
>>46460677
Would you say shield master is strictly better than lucky then? Not the feat but the halfling feature

Just because you can customize your human to be exactly what you need doesn't make it overpowered
>>
>>46460564
Variant Human Fighter with scalemail armor, a shield, the defense fighting style, and the Medium Armor Master feat has 20 AC at level 1.
>>
>>46460709
Perhaps, but there are a fair number of solids which yield to sheer stress, like Silly Putty.
>>
>>46460487
"And lo, the enormous dragon [i]sneakily[/i] crushed the puny human under his massive claws."

Was your ranger build melee or range focused? Hunter or Beastmaster? Note that all of the Hunter's Prey features are still available using the dragon's natural weapons. If you are ranged-focused, get a custom-forged bow?
>>
>>46460763
No. And I'm with on that one. It doesn't make you overpowered. Try reading next time.
>>
>>46460727
How so anon? Please enlighten me

I only worry myself with the viability of bladelocks
>>
>>46460768
wow, like 1 whole AC over other level 1 fighters, and in return he gave up a bunch of other stuff you can't get through feats.
So OP
>>
>>46460709
There are solids that are defined as "plastic" that exhibit fluid dynamics over the course of decades or whatever. I think they're called "plastic solids".
>>
>>46460719
Characters who are 14-15+ are treated as adults fit to fight on the battlefield in most games I have been a part of. So I don't really care about young characters.
>>
>>46460818
I've actually played 3 year old characters!

Admittedly, they were aarakocra so they were more like 21-year-olds in human years.
>>
>>46460794
Battlemaster:
8d6+4xStr+40+4d12 and if you use action surge it's 8d6+4xStr+40+2d12 extra

Paladin is:
4d6+2d8+2xStr+20+10d8

Both without feats
>>
>>46460768
You can start with 19 with any other race, and no DEX investment

Are you saying a 1AC is that big a difference?
>>
>>46460719
>>46460818
Coming of age could occur at as early as 12 years of age in the medieval times upon which most D&D games are based.

Especially in a setting where high-level magic is not readily available, characters considered young in modern society instead being seen a of a mature age could actually be a case of verisimilitude.
>>
>>46460885
It's 5% less of damage
>>
>>46460909
I'd personally go with Heavy Armour Master instead.
>>
>>46460789
Before this went down, my stealth bonus was +10:
>proficient in stealth with proficiency bonus of 3
>+4 bonus to Dex
>expertise in stealth, doubles prof bonus to 6
>4+2(3)=10

What would it be at this point? The dragon has innate +5 stealth and its proficiency bonus is 5.

My build was range focused and Beastmaster. I accessed a spell that let me reroll my character just prior to the fight and my DM let me use the Ranger Options variant from UA that has Ambuscade and Skirmisher's Stealth. So yeah. I was also thinking that a custom forged bow would be nice, however, the dragon's DEX is 10...
>>
>>46460909
You must be fun at parties
>>
>>46460874
And when I said both without feats I meant both have GWM because I'm a retard you doesn't know how to type
>>
>>46460719
I think the main issue is the practicality of it.

15 seems like a sensible lower age, since in Medieval Europe boys would generally have practice with a sword or be able to serve in a clergy by then. I don't know if they could serve in an army or be conscripted yet, but 15-year-old boys in England were legally required to own weapons:

http://historyofengland.typepad.com/documents_in_english_hist/2013/02/statute-of-winchester-1285.html

>It is likewise commanded that every man have in his house arms for keeping the peace in accordance with the ancient assize; namely that every man between fifteen years and sixty be assessed and sworn to arms according to the amount of his lands and, of his chattels; that is to say,

>for fifteen pounds of land, and, forty marks worth of chattels, a hauberk, a helmet of iron, a sword, a knife and a horse;
>for ten pounds worth of land and, twenty marks worth of chattels, a haubergeon, a helmet, a sword and a knife; for a hundred shillings worth of land, a doublet,4 a helmet of iron, a sword and a knife;
>for forty shillings worth of land and over, up to a hundred shillings worth, a sword, a bow, arrows and a knife;
>and he who has less than forty shillings worth of land shall be sworn to have scythes. gisarrnes, knives and other small weapons;
>he who has less than twenty marks in chattels, swords, knives and other small weapons.
>And all others who can do so shall have bows and arrows outside the forests and within them bows and bolts.

Obviously D&D isn't trying to imitate real life, but if anything that means you shouldn't worry about applying modern laws and principles to it. The 12-year-old prince isn't immune to death because he's under 18, and that 14-year-old princess might be married off to an older man.
>>
>>46460885
>>46460909
On the contrary, monsters of up to CR 2 are listed under the 'Creating a Monster' section of the DMG as having a standard attack bonus of +3. This means they hit a character with 19 AC on a 16, and 20 AC on a 17.

All other things held constant, this means a character with 19 AC takes 6 hits' worth of damage (4 standard hits plus one crit) for every 5 (3 standard plus one crit) a 20 AC character takes, meaning a 20% increase in damage taken for that loss of 1 AC.

The point is moot, of course, because D&D isn't about personal survivability. A competent DM would direct the attacks of intelligent enemies AWAY the guy in obvious hard-to-penetrate heavy armor onto his more fragile teammates - which is exactly what a Fighter does not want to happen.
>>
Looking to recreate all the psionic monsters (including those from OOTA) with UA psion #2 rules if possible. Anyone got a list?
>>
>>46460986
It's okay anon I get you, thanks for the examples
>>
>>46459566
Nah, too dark souls for me.
>>
How do you folks chart out relations between PC, NPCs, factions, etc? Do you use a relationship map/web? I usually make on of these and move/add pieces when necessary, but it sometimes feels like there must be a better way to do it.
>>
What's a good dice rolling app?
>>
>>46460948
Ahhhh....

You calculate the proficiency bonus (and thus the doubled Expertise) from your CR, then add your current Dex. Unless your levels boost its CR up, that means your stealth bonus is still 10, but it is 2*5+0 Dex.

The Beastmaster hurts... Very little synergy with your new form. Honestly, you seem like you would be great for setting up ambushes, then smashing your enemies with your hit-and-run tactics. Which kind of dragon is it? Age and color, please.

For a ranged weapon, you would be best off using Thrown weapons. That way, you can use your much-higher Strength to your advantage.
>>
>>46461121
Actual dice
>>
>>46461121
Flip your phone into the air to generate a sufficiently large number in base 2, and discard reroll numbers that are too large.
>>
>>46461113
Usually my PCs do that. I keep track of it briefly using an Excel document for each PC, but I don't tend to go into detail unless the NPC or faction is constantly present and interacting with the PCs.

>>46461121
Depends on what you need. If this works you can go ahead and use this: https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

I only really ever use it when I run WoD and don't have any of the other dice out, though and I need to roll for certain random components.
>>
>>46461121
http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm

Even has different character generation rollers.
>>
I used to think barb's damage resistance was OP but not anymore, I fall unconscious even before the secondary martial (paladin) every time
>>
>>46461255
Is this because the Paladin has 4 more AC than you do?
>>
>>46461255
You do need AC anon, resistance is not everything

Plus tanking is not really a thing in D&d, or at least it is a lot more nuanced
>>
>>46461255
>>46461293
Probably also because the barbarian is constantly attacking recklessly
>>
>>46461293
Paladin has 16 AC I have 17 (18 Str, 14 Dex, 20 Con), I also have like 20 more HPs than him.
>>
>>46461431
Are you: a) taking more attacks from enemies than him, or b) Reckless Attacking every turn?
>>
>>46461255
If you're just tearing into the middle of enemies with Reckless Attack then its to be expected.

And you've basically done your job, because the Paladin is still standing.
>>
>>46461431
Then either you're very unlucky or a tard
>>
File: DX_0907_UA_RangerOptions.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DX_0907_UA_RangerOptions.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46461143
Yeah, I switched my ranger levels to this archetype. I need to homebrew levels 6-20 and get DM approval for them but the first 5 are great for guerrilla.

Adult Brass Dragon (don't know the age).

I have an idea for a bad ass custom bow that I will try to find a way to fire using strength instead of dex. It would use the dragon's neck to aim so the low dex based on the hamfistedness of dragons' feet wouldn't be applicable; perhaps I could reason that the dex of the neck muscles is reasonably high (that isn't unreasonable right?).
>>
>>46461463
I reckless attack pretty often, yes, so our ACs are more like 16 and 14ish, I started using shield but it does literally nothing.
>>
Hey Cthulhu anon, do you think you could post your entire PDF on mega?
>>
>>46461508
>Ambuscade Ranger
Disgusting.
>>
>>46461466
I do the same as the paladin and go into the same situations, like I said, also no, I don't use reckless attack if I'm surrounded by more than 2-3 enemies.
>>
>>46461508
> Reverses ranged weapon rules
> gives incoherent fluff reason for doing so
> "That isn't unreasonable right?"
I needed a chuckle today, Anon. Thanks.
>>
Why do Bards exist?

Where did the idea that "guy who plays instrument" belonged in a party of fantasy adventurers come from?
>>
>>46461572
>>46461466
>>46461255

Monsters probably also like to prioritize the guy wearing less armor, especially if they know they'll have advantage. And as another anon said, if you're taking hits and keeping everyone else alive, you're doing your job. If the paladin's AC is still only 16, you're probably pretty low level still. It'll get better.
>>
>>46461508
The hell am I reading.

Nigga you are a dragon, fuck your bow. You want a ranged attack, throw the fighter at them.
>>
>>46461508
>Ambuscade
Isn't that just the level 20 or so feature that Thieves get? Why go Thief anymore?
>>
>>46461508
Well...

The Strength bow just seems wacky. However, you will be just fine with either throwing weapons or a shift to melee. With Skirmisher's Stealth and your 80 ft fly speed, you can literally bite and double-smash someone for 2d10+4d6+18 damage and then meld back into the shadows. I think you are good.
>>
>>46461703
Somebody has to go back to tell the stories, anon.
>>
>>46461723
40d6 damage on your first turn
>>
Magic items: do you tailor them to your PCs so that they synergize, or do you not to see what creative solutions the PCs come up with?

I do the latter; my PCs will find half a dozen magic weapons of types none of them "built" for, before they find the one they did build for, because I want them to have to make choices.
>>
>>46461533
I'll assume you're at around level 5 or so, roughly estimating from your ability scores and hit point difference. This means that creatures at your CR should have an average attack bonus of +6. As such, they hit the Paladin's 16 AC 50% of the time.

With the same attack bonus, they have a 45% chance to hit your 17 AC, excepting when they have advantage, in which case it's 69.75%. You said you Reckless Attack pretty often, so let's conservatively say you do it two-thirds of the time. This means that you're getting hit 61.5% of time time.

All other things constant (and discounting crits - which they will score more often against you due to advantage), you're taking an additional 11.5% of damage. This is also disregarding the fact that enemies are far more likely to prioritize you when they have advantage against you.

All things considered, it's pretty understandable that you're taking far more damage than the Paladin.
>>
>>46461703
Probably from the fact such people often did travel with armies and other similar groups.
>>
>>46461508
Nigga you is a fucking dragon

What the fuck are you doing
>>
>>46461723
Take Thief 17/UA Ranger 1. 60d6 on top of weapon damage.
>>
To generate enough blood iron to make a steel sword, you would need a minimum of 400 adult humans to die, and that is assuming you got every drop of blood.

> Do any other PC races have more iron in their blood?
> Do any races make better iron from which to make an enchanted weapon?
> Why is the BBEG convincing, kidnapping, or buying these people to kill and make a sword?
>>
>>46461703
I think the idea of "bards=battle musicians" is pretty narrow and unfortunately has taken too deep of a root.

Storytellers, wanderers, beguilers, tricksters, charismatic leaders all fit the niche and skillset of bards traditionally, but now the class has been consumed entirely by memes.
>>
>>46461703
It's a long story. Original AD&D bards were weird triple-classed fighter/thief/druids, of all things, and they had ability score requirements higher than any other class and had to be over tenth level before even qualifying for bardhood. So clearly not every wandering minstrel was meant to be a member of this class, it was more like a class for super badass rock stars who have seen it all and wrote some songs about it.
>>
>>46461841
Clearly the BBEG needs such a blade to act as a key to unlock a gate of some malicious purpose.

Clearly, this ritual also imbues the sword with great power. I can think of some cool encounters with a mediocre-strength BBEG wielding an incredibly powerful magic artifact.
>>
>>46461796
>40d6 damage
>60d6

Eh? But how? I thought Sneak Attack only went up to 10d6.
>>
>>46461832
>>46461750
>>46461705
>>46461622
Okay, lol. I'm just autistic about ranged weapons in games.
>>
>>46461785
>>46461809
>>46461858
But those people aren't participating in slaying the dragon. That's an NPC minstrel hireling, not a PC class.

>>46461865
That... makes it even less sensible.
>>
>>46461899
It does.
10d6 on your first turn, 10d6 on your first opportunity attack, 10d6 on your second turn, and 106 on your second opportunity attack.
Ranger's Ambuscade gives you another turn and reaction.
>>
>>46461841
The iron in blood is generally inaccessible as it is covalently bonded to the rest of the haemoglobin structure. You'd have to be able to mess around with blood on a molecular level (not to mention have a decently advanced knowledge of chemistry) to work the iron into a usable form.

That said, I imagine the more physically-inclined races (which have bonuses to Str and Con) would have a greater red blood cell count in their bloodstream, and therefore have more iron in their blood.

Iron is iron. If you're magically extracting it, I'm unsure that the source matters any more, but this one would be up to your setting and DM to decide.

And it's because he's fucking retarded or has nothing better to do with his time.
>>
>>46461907
I don't actually get how your DM is running with it or if you're misinterpreting something.

You're an Adult Brass Dragon. You can fly, you can burrow, you see invisible shit, you swing like a fighter. Want a ranged weapon? Breathe fire up to 60 feet away.
>>
>>46461805
To prove that I'm not playing favorites, I write a bunch of magic items on slips of paper, fold them up, and keep them inside a little wooden chest. When the party finds a magic item, someone reaches in and picks one at random. The types of weapons and armor are roughly in proportion to their popularity among elite warriors in the game world who might once have had magic items made for themselves (so lots of longswords and bows, not so many tridents and simple weapons.) The world doesn't know or care what kinds of items you'd really like to have. And anyway, 5e is very forgiving about letting characters use a wide variety of weapons equally well. (You no longer specialize in a single weapon, but only in a broad category like two-handed weapons)
>>
>>46461923
Technically speaking, opportunity attacks aren't on your turn, so forgive my confusion. I'm still confused about the extra 20d6 damage here >>46461837, but I'm guessing that the Thief feature stacks with the UA Ranger one for shenanigans.
>>
>>46461978
At which level would you say your party would be sufficiently elite to have such weapons made for themselves?
>>
>>46461969
Not to mention you probably have a few spells you can cast innately. Otiluke's Resilient Sphere is a pretty cool spell.
>>
>>46461805
I do a mix. I find some magic items I know they'll like, but I also throw them stuff they will be weirded out by and enjoy toying with.
>>
>>46461988
Stupidity and sickness, probably.

(Says the anon who wrote the blatant mistake)
>>
>>46461508
>On this turn, you can use your action to take either the Attack or Hide action.

What did he mean by this? Can't you do that anyway?
>>
>>46461805
Most of it is random to a degree or whatever stated by a module.

Over the span of an adventure, someone will usually get the opportunity to get something that is pretty much perfect for them and I'll usually fine tune it to be slightly more interesting than the base item.
>>
>>46462069
You're limited to just those two.
>>
>>46462069
These are the only actions you can take on that turn.
>>
>>46462069
I think it means only those actions, no others.

This is a big problem with the exception-based design they're going for, it's just going to add lots and lots of these weird fringe cases where rules don't always work together and we need FAQ documents explaining them.
>>
Do you guys ever use Roll20 or similar sites to run campaigns? If not Roll20, what else?

I don't really have many real life friends, so my only option would be to play with fake online friends over some sort of network.
>>
>>46462001
Absolute minimum is 5th level for uncommon magic items. I use the rules and costs for making magic items in the DMG, and also add that a magic forge is required, which is effectively a very rare magic item in itself. Rich and powerful NPCs might lend the use of their magic forges to PCs as a reward for adventuring.
>>
>>46460189
Absolutely nothing thats been released from official sources is broken at all if you aren't a fucking terrible GM.
>>
>>46462159
My current group meets in-person and uses Roll20 as a sort of virtual board and dice roller, but all my other games were solely online.

Roll20 can be anything from terrible to great, but lots of the sessions tend to flake out over time. It's easy to find one you're interested in, which is fine, but keeping them alive when players keep missing sessions is hard.
>>
>>46461909
Anon, we all know you got shown up by your party's bard and you're just butthurt about it.

Step one is admitting you have a problem. We're here for you.
>>
>>46462216
I've never even been in group that had a bard
>>
Building off of this >>46462163, at what level do you guys allow your players to usually get magic items, and how powerful are they?

I've got the suspicion my DM's a Monty Haul type. The party is only level 3 and we've got items that give Blindsight out to 60ft and give permanent Advantage to all Attack rolls.
>>
>>46462285
Yeah, that's pretty retarded. Advantage in particular should be something that's situational and difficult to get.
>>
>>46462285
>permanent Advantage to all Attack rolls.

That's not an item I'd give out at level 20.

It seems like magic item abuse is mostly a hallmark of DMs raised on older editions.

Personally, I'm pretty stingy. Your character should be a badass, not a loser nerd in a fancy iron man suit that does everything for you.
>>
>>46461909
Music has always been important to human society. As has oral tradition, poetry etc. Skill in music or magic instruments show up in legends as well, it's not that far a stretch.

Within the system, it's already explained in their fluff. I mean these niggas are casting spells, they're not just really good at playing the flute.
>>
>>46462285
>permanent advantage on all attack rolls
That's artifact-tier. Just... wow.
Blindsight's not that bad, mystics can it get it 30ft at level 1.
>>
>>46462285
Jesus christ. My DM let us start at level 2 with a relatively minor magic trinket. Like, I have the cheaters apprentice gloves that let me cast prestidigitation and mage hand, the bard has ...some item that makes really cool huge orchestras of ghostly people, etc.

Permanent advantage on attack rolls though? The fuck is that.
>>
>>46462285
>Permanent Advantage to attack rolls

What.
>>
What do you guys think of online games?

I feel like I would be a lot more comfortable role-playing through text than by voice. Might give it a try sometime I guess.
>>
>>46462346
>Music has always been important to human society. As has oral tradition, poetry etc. Skill in music or magic instruments show up in legends as well, it's not that far a stretch.

I don't dispute that.

>Within the system, it's already explained in their fluff. I mean these niggas are casting spells, they're not just really good at playing the flute.

That's a strike AGAINST Bard as a class. By that logic, Bards should all be Wizards with instrument proficiencies.
>>
>>46462380
I would play no game before an online game.
>>
>>46462285
>permanent Advantage to all Attack rolls.
is your dm retarded
>>
>>46462322
>>46462339
>>46462366
>>46462377
>>46462378

It's honestly ruined my build. There's no point in trying to level in my current class when he gave away half my class abilities to the party Fighter via magic items.

There's 10 of said items by the way. They're magical threads, which the Fighter makes into crossbows strings. They give Advantage on all his ranged attacks.
DM's also given away piercings that give someone a level 1 Any Caster spell, at-will. The Fighter bought 6, but the DM got it nerfed down to 4.
>>
>>46462389
By this reasoning, Sorcerers should not exist either.

Even less so in fact, they'd be up for the axe before Bards. Probably Warlocks too as Bards make for a better Charisma based class than them both.
>>
>>46462389
Except that the effects of magic also depend on its source in D&D. Just like how Sorcerers are inclined towards manipulation of energy, Druids control nature and Clerics are predisposed towards the domains of their gods, the magic of music also has its own quirks and dispositions.
>>
>>46462452
Yeah, explain to your DM that his magic items are vastly eclipsing class features.
>>
>>46462452
yup, your DM is retarded
>>
>>46462452
any spell? jesus christ. That's like half of the level 18 wizard's class feature.
Does anybody have at-will Shield?
>>
>>46462452
Wow. He couldn't just give your fighter +2 magical crossbows?
>>
>>46462452
>When everyone's super...: The DM
>>
>>46462480
I've tried. He thinks this is the average amount, and that there's nothing wrong.

Better yet, he's running Strahd sometime next month. He's expecting this to be difficult

>>46462509
Nope. The DM realized he wrote himself into a corner there, so he's had them "level up" in Spell Slot with us. It's still practically Gestalting Wizard with the Fighter for free, and the spells are still at-will.
>>
>>46462555
>He thinks this is the average amount, and that there's nothing wrong.

Tell him to read the fucking DMG.
>>
>>46462555
If you're not having fun, leave. There is nothing obliging you to continue playing a game where you're not having fun.

Otherwise, ride the wave.

Don't forget to abuse those at-will Commands, Healing Words and Shields.
>>
How would the fluff work for a Revenant Warforged?
>>
>>46462643
A soul that 'died' now inhabits it? I dunno
>>
>>46462643
They don't have subraces, so you can't have a Revenant Warforged.

That said, I don't see why you can't have a soul forcibly and somewhat unnaturally bound to a Warforged body.
>>
>>46462597
Ah, you see you misunderstand. When I said the Fighter has these, I meant the Fighter and only the Fighter.
Everyone else is playing benchwarmer in the back, Fighter is pretty much the MC.
The magic items I have personally allow me to climb walls without a check and have Tremorsense 30ft. Plenty useful when the entire party has been in a wide, flat plain for the past few sessions.

As for quitting, the sunk cost fallacy is hitting me hard here. I feel I've invested too much time into this to just quit. And the DM's baiting me with the promise of fun ever so slightly and I've taken the hook.
>>
>>46462700
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Your other recourse is to join in on giving the DM blowjobs under the table for overpowered magic items.
>>
>>46462700
>only the Fighter
Go talk to the DM outside of sessions. What class are you again?
>>
>>46462700
Nigga you're level 3, you can't have that much time sunk into it. If he thinks this is normal shit and you've talked to him already, it's probably not going to change.

He's also weirdly favoring the fighter, which is another shitty sign.

You don't seem to be enjoying it. Tell them the game isn't for you and leave. If the GM asks what's wrong, you can tell him what's wrong, but meh.
>>
New DM

Help

>old man
>immortal but no stronger than random peasant
>is the elder of bufu nowhere village
>cause of his immortality is a powerful, angry ghost sealed inside of him
>if he dies, it is freed and begins forming an undead empire hell-bent on conquest
>the villagers and elder desire to keep these things secret
>party will find clues to the fact that a certain NPC is planning to kill the elder because reasons and have an opportunity to stop it if they act quickly

How's this as a quest?
>>
Hey guys, quick DMing question here.

Yesterday, just before combat, the gnome rogue drank a shrinking potion (standard one from the DMG). I could not, for the life of me, find rules on their size affecting combat.

To save time I ruled that the enemies had disadvantage on attack rolls, but the rogue would do half damage. However, still can't find the relevant rules.

Could some kind soul point me to the relevant page, or explain the rules?
>>
>>46462684
>>46462643
Is there a template for revenant PCs? All I'm aware of is the entry in the monster manual.
>>
>>46462778
Pretty meh one in the unearthed arcana. Not even undead.
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/gothic-heroes
>>
File: UA Gothic Characters.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
UA Gothic Characters.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46462778
New UA.
>>
>>46462775
As per the Reduce option of the Enlarge/Reduce spell on PHB page 237.
>>
>>46462808
>>46462806
Thanks anons.
>>
>>46462775
Doesn't it work as per the Enlarge/Reduce spell in the PHB?

http://www.dnd-spells.com/spell/enlargereduce
>>
>>46462823

Perfect, thanks mate. Was stupidly only looking in the DMG.
>>
>>46462757
Bard, with a level in Warlock for RP purposes. Everyone in the party can call their weapons to them and cast, so my niche is getting smaller by the second.

>>46462767
The sad thing is he's favoring the Fighter accidentally. A series of poor plot choices led to the Fighter being the only one the Elves of the plains we're currently on being able to talk to them, and now he's just reaping the rewards. DM's been called out on it twice by other players, one being his brother, who is a Sorcerer.

I have no idea if I'm enjoying this game or not. It's fun when I get a chance to shine, but that's rare, and he's the only game around. Hopefully it gets better soon.
>>
What do you folks think of the Monster Hunter fighter archetype in the new UA?
>>
>>46462986
It's alright. More focused fluff and mechanics than Battle Master if you're into that.
>>
>>46462986
I think you're a faggot.
>>
>>46462986
It's meh, can't really do anything the battlemaster can't
>>
>>46462951
Your DM is clearly a self-righteous, ignorant moron. The game is only going to get shittier. Take the players who have called him out with you and leave the game. He can continue running his solo campaign with the fighter and you can find another DM with the rest of the group.
>>
>>46461909
>a travelling storyteller isn't a PC
>a charming dilettante isn't a PC
>a clever trickster isn't a PC
>a charismatic leader isn't a PC

Are you legitimately retarded, or just pretending?
>>
>>46462986
It looks like they tried to make the 4e Slayer and made a less interesting Battlemaster.
>>
>>46462986
I note that there are no usable options for the Monster Slayer feature except for the Concentration-breaking maneuver, which will seldom be used for its own granted benefit, and maneuvers grabbed via feats or multiclassing into that one UA Ranger variant.

Basically, they need to work on it.
>>
>>46462986
The bonus proficiencies are great.

Don't know why thy give them Superiority Dice instead of a unique mechanic. While its uses are good (because SD are generally good), it takes too much from the Battlemaster for me to care about it. Why not just play Battlemaster and fluff it as a Monster Hunter?

Hunter's Mysticism is pretty good, especially since it gives you Prot Good and Evil (though, it's only once per short rest, less good). Free language is cool, too.

Monster Slayer (and everything after it) is good, but it goes off of SD. Again, I disapprove of taking unique mechanics from sub-classes.

It's basically Battlemaster-1.
>>
>>46461508
Did the Ambuscade Ranger ever get levels 6-20 published? If not, are there any good homebrews that anyone knows of?
>>
>>46463132
>short rest
Long rest, sorry.
>>
>>46459809
Never understood this pic, I played bards in 3.5, 4 and now 5e, in 3.5 I was even more useful than the fucking barb, better combatant than almost any martial ever (except ToB ones and said Barb), while still having magic. In 4e I was essential, and in 5e I'm literally the best, what's the reason behind that pic?
>>
>>46462986
nothing special. absolutely nothing and the rogue archetypes are getting way too niche. Mastermind has some combat utility with the 30ft range help bonus action but the inquisitive (awful name) only gets sneak attack on one target without advantage provided you win a contested skill check.
>>
>>46463150
The UA Ranger wasn't well-received so they're going to go back to the drawing board instead of continue developing the initial ideas.

This is in contrast to the UA Mystic, which was well-received and in January received another 5 levels for playtesting.
>>
>>46463215
>Inquisitor Rogue
>Oh wow this could be grea-
>Inquisitive

Come the fuck on WotC.
>>
>>46463150
>Did the Ambuscade Ranger ever get levels 6-20 published?
Why? you only need the 1st level, why do you want more?
>>
>>46463211
I think bards get shit on for being so stupid powerful while being a musician.
>>
>>46463265
Because I'm not powergaming
>>
>>46463252
Yeah seriously what the fuck is "an Inquisitive"
>>
>>46461805
I'm kind of against the principle of the party 'finding' magic weapons. Those are immensely valuable, incredibly potent tools of destruction in the right hands. People tend to know who has what weapon, so if they get whacked or disappear, people will be climbing over each other to find any missing weapon pretty quickly. If there's one lying around, there's a damn good reason for it. So if a party member wants a magical item, they'll just have to ask around to see who has what. They want a weapon that synergises with them? Then they'll definitely have to put in some extra work to find the guy that has just the right weapon they want or need, and then go about getting it from him.

If they coincidentally kill someone who had a magical weapon, chances will also be slim that it's something that's also tailored for a party member.
>>
>>46462951
>Bard with a level in Warlock
Beg for a staff of charming or instrument of the bards, and see if you can get the Sorc a staff of power/magi.
>>
>>46463320
If you aren't powergaming why did you want to be UA ranger? sounds hypocritical as fuck.
>>
>>46463625
How's being terrible at D&D feel?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>Mfw I roll a 20 for Portent

I foresee someone getting rekt in the future.

Shame the rest of the Divination features blow, but this is still such a useful tool.
>>
>>46463638
>Ambuscade
>2d6 for HD
>Profiency on Dex and Con saves right from the start
>Not powergaming faggotry
You almost got me, almost
I beat you also want a T-rex animal companion that has its own turns too
>>
>>46463647
>the rest of the Divination features blow
But they don't. Expert Divination is pretty much 3.5's Miser with Magic and Third Eye is fun utility and situationally very useful.
>>
>>46463687
I've never actually looked at this UA ranger but what the fuck is this stuff. 2d hit die? 2 strong saves? What's with this non-standard shit?
>>
>>46463733
PHB ranger was shit so they wanted to make something better and overdid it.
>>46463687
There is literally nothing wrong with powergaming if your party is okay with it. I used to play a controller wizard who trivialized encounters but the party loved it.
>>
>>46463769
>There is literally nothing wrong with powergaming
Maybe, but there's tons of problems when you have unbalanced as fuck classes
>>
>>46463395
Inquisitor would probably trigger people
>>
>>46463863
Using an adjective as a noun triggers me.
The only thing I can imagine getting upset with "inquisitor" would be 40k-fags and it's not like you can trademark a generic word like that. Not here, at least.
>>
You are a fucking dragon stop scrabbling and begging for more power.

Your DM sounds like a faggot and YOU sound like a faggot. Nobody can have fun with an Adult Dragon as a companion
>>
>play my character as the silent ranger that he's supposed to be
>take the lead when it's something he should/is comfortable with doing (stealth, monster knowledge etc.)
>every other PC is doing crazy shit all the damn time, trying to outdo themselves
>not quite in "I INTIMIDATE DOOR" territory, but dangerously close
>been getting hints that they believe I play only for combat

Does /5eg/ have any tips on roleplaying such a character type? I don't want to be overbearing and take center stage all the time (like I feel the other PCs are doing, to the point of constantly talking over each other), but there must be more I can do except stalking, tracking, killing and taking trophies.
>>
>>46463910
I meant liberals, sjws, tumblerinas, feminists, college aged people etc etc
>>
>>46463921
>implying
I played a game as a young dragon and my party loved it.
>>
>>46463939
Wait, what? Why?
I don't follow.
>>
>>46463726

>Expert Divination

So if I have one of the 16 incredibly situational divination spells slotted and cast it, I get a spell slot of a lower level with a max of 5th back?

It really doesn't seem that good to me.
>>
>>46463733
UA usually releases or meh or ok stuff, but that UA ranger was like stupidly broken in some aspects and not in a bad way
>>
>>46463931
He trusts em a bit by now, right?

Have him open up maybe, talk a little bit more to the party when he's doing things. Explicitly show that HE (not you) is not one for talking, but he's doing it anyways. Describe his actions a bit more, if that is how he mostly communicates. Does he take his time thinking before he answers a question? Say that.
>>
>>46463953
I guess it goes in hand with Imperialism?
Who cares anyway, they get offended over anything.
>>
>>46463979
It's definitely better with the DMG's spell points, but even without it's quite good.
True Seeing, Arcane Eye, and Scrying are all day-to-day adventuring spells that aren't rituals.
>>
>>46463953
I'm assuming they would accuse WotC of glorifying Christianity, witch burnings etc

WotC probably just wanted to nip that in the bud

OR

They are just literally retarded and think a Rogue focused on Perception and Insight checks is cool.
>>
>>46463769
UA is usually overpowered on the first draft. They shove all the best ideas in, see what people latch on to, and then build around that.
>>
>>46463941
Wow super fucking glad that I said ADULT

Retard
>>
>>46463939
Maybe the only people interested in gothic horror at WotC are the same ones who were working on SoI and they forgot that there's no clue mechanic in Barovia.
>>
>>46464021

I'm not saying it's totally useless, sure, but compared to pretty much any other School's features it's bad. Third Eye is alright, and the capstone is just making Portent better, which is pretty much what you take divination for and is enough on its own to make it one of the best, if not the best School.
>>
>>46464066
Honestly an Inquisitor could be cool. A cleric version of arcane trickster. Give him a channel divinity, 1/3 divine spellcasting and some ribbons and we are set
>>
Would just swapping out the wizard spell list for druid+cleric be a fair way to create an archivist?
>>
>>46464052
>UA is usually overpowered on the first draft
Really?
Swasbuckler wasn't
Strom sorcerer wasn't
Undying light and shadow sorcerer aren't

The only OP thing I saw was 2HD ranger (spell-less and Deep Stalker are fine)
>>
File: Gagamancer token l Pog.png (87 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Gagamancer token l Pog.png
87 KB, 256x256
Question.

I have 4 players who just finished LMoP at level 5, and one more that wants to join in on the next adventure (At level 5 as well).

What should I run for them?

Thanks in advance,
O.J Simpsom
>>
>Inquisitive rogue
>>
>>46464110
Portent and Third Eye are 3/5 of the archetype and Savant is standard. So you are griping about a single class feature which has no downside and can be useful
>>
>>46464130
Things I am no longer allowed to do in D&D:
*Play as anything remotely relating to the word "Inquisitor"

Seriously. My nWoD PC has tortured four separate people (not graphic, very business-like), my D&D rogue's favorite persuasion method involved acid and the target's forehead, and my wizard is just a little too fond of medical experimentation. That was a bad archetype to dangle in front of me...
>>
>>46464181
See, why not just call it Detective or Investigator if that's what they're going for? Inquisitive sounds shit
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.