[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 10 millions to spend only on /tg/-related stuff. Wat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: BL6LWEACEAEj1A2.jpg (36 KB, 599x325) Image search: [Google]
BL6LWEACEAEj1A2.jpg
36 KB, 599x325
You have 10 millions to spend only on /tg/-related stuff. Wat do?

Hard mode: no purchase can benefit you personally.
>>
10 millions of what?
>>
>>46453599
>You have 10 millions to spend only on /tg/-related stuff. Wat do?

I build a small dungeon in real life.
>>
>>46453599
I refuse your hard mode.
I purchase all of the /tg/ stuff I could possibly want, keep what I like, then sell the rest to other people for 1/2 price.

That way, I get what I like, and I get to keep some of that ludicrous money.
>>
>>46453599
I get all the RPG books and minis I want, which would probably hardly make a dent in it, and spend the rest on a marketing campaign for RPGs in general and promoting the hobby to get more people in.
>>
I get to buy HALF of a GW miniature!
>>
I'd finally be able to afford kingdom death:monster.
I'd become the ideas guy and spend 10 million developing my own tabletop RPG/war game hybrid with better art/aesthetics than KD
>>
>>46453599
Hard mode:
> Back a fuck-ton of promising gaming kickstarters and projects without rewards
> Use the leftover money to hire an Assassin to go after Monte Cook
>>
>>46453599
Go full on GTA-mode on Games Workshop and WotC, destroying their shit so that their stocks plummet
I wouldn't spend anything on boosting another company because that would be retarded

After that, use the leftovers to buy as many models as I want so I can form the perfect Wehrmacht Company in any WW2 wargame or to just have that
>>
>>46453599
Buy WotC shares.
Kill maro.
>>
>>46453635
US $.
>>
>>46453818
>the leftovers
sigh
>>
>>46453599
I invest most of the money to generate a stable income, which I use to run a open gaming club I set up with the rest of the money.

Get a nice, spacious location in my city, set up tables for all kinds of games, some comfy private rooms for PnP sessions, stock all kinds of games people can play in house and maybe get a little kitchen/bar for snacks.
>>
>>46453836

WotC is a subsidiary of Hasbro, which has a market cap of US$10 billion. Your $10 million won't buy enough stock that anyone would even notice.

Games Workshop's only worth US$150 million, so you have enough money to buy just over 6% of the company. That might land you a single seat on the board of directors, who would ignore you. More likely, someone else's slate would be elected and you wouldn't get any say at all.

I'd use the money to approach an existing roleplaying company and finance a new hardback game. That means hiring writers (plus game developers, playtesters, editors, layout and design), commissioning artists, paying for a high-quality line editor, and doing a few print runs. Then hire some 2nd tier up-and-coming sci fi/fantasy writers to write some supporting fiction.

The existing company would ideally be an independent operation not owned by a massive multinational, with a reputation for smart and ethical business practices. Which I suppose pretty much narrows it down to Steve Jackson. I'm a decent businessman myself.

I'd run it like a for-profit but work on the assumption that it'll break even at best. For the people I hire, who will be as good in quality as possible, it's a chance to put some money in their pockets. It gives me the fun of letting my own creative vision ride, and puts a decently-supported game out there where people can jump into it.
>>
>>46457221

I'd open a small tavern/cafe as a gaming club. Design it as a nice Victorian library-themed gentleman's club, with overstuffed chairs, polished wood furniture, a nice crackling fireplace, and historical knick-knacks on the walls. Small but fully-stocked bar, espresso machine, etc. A playground in back for the kids. Books for patrons to read... but not to take off the premises. Nice cozy alcoves for wargames, tabletop boardgames, and roleplaying games. Or just reading and hanging out if that's all you're up for.

Food would be served, but only a fixed menu served on special dates/times. The rest of the time you'd have snacks/appetizers sold from a refrigerator case or delivery from local restaurants.

Definitely WiFi with a very good commercial internet connection. Maybe a very small entertainment room kitted out as a high end home theater.

It would be a members only private club (family membership is $50/month). Obviously, I'd charge for food/beverages. 18+ only except for the designated baby-sitting area-- baby sitters not provided. $10 million would be enough to keep the place gracefully losing money for several years.

I'd call it Grognard's Tavern, of course.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.