[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Necron playing friend recently started to play: Overlord
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1445035612349.jpg (26 KB, 248x244) Image search: [Google]
1445035612349.jpg
26 KB, 248x244
My Necron playing friend recently started to play:
Overlord - veil of darkness, res orb, warscythe
Cryptek - solar staff
Lychguard - warscythes

Now I cannot beat them with my guard, there's no way I can inflict more than 3 wounds on them considering their 3+ armour, 4+ invun and 3+ RP. Pask can maybe get 3 kills if he's lucky - other than that I'm screwed.

How does a guard player win in this situation?
>>
You didn't list points cost or anything, so who knows?

If he's playing decurion then break out the hard cheddar and play a list that lets you take tanks as troops.
>>
>>46452487
playing 1500 at the moment, he's playing:
Triarch stalker
3 wraiths
Doomsday Ark
The deathstar
2 units of immortals
Spyder
Annihilation Barge

I'm playing:
CCS - 2 plasma, 1 medic, vox
Pask - 2 punishers with bolter sponsons and stubber
2 units of vets - plasma + melta
Sentinel
Platoon - PCS, 2 units with missile launcher and grenade launcher
Vanquisher
Vindicare
>>
>>46452433
Sacred Imperial dubs have blessed this thread
>>
>>46452540
I defeated necrons with my guard using a demolisher, that sweet sweet S10 impact wrecks their ships like a sledgehammer.
Alternatively, use a Punisher and go apeshit on his infantry.
But yeah, solution is tanks.
>>
>>46452703
thing is that the demolisher will only inflict 0.278 wounds, in contrast with a FrSr/Rapid fire guard squad that's 0.3335. Somehow the lasguns beat it.
>>
company command squad
1 tank commander
3 leman russ squadrons
1 enginseer
1 baneblade
enjoy your battle forged army
>>
>>46452829
wat
>>
>>46452829
Max conscripts with psyker support. Drown him in 1000+ rending twinlinked lasgun shots.
>>
>>46453419
what?
>>
>>46453454
>conscripts
Combined infantry platoons I'm sure you mean, BS2 is for Orks!
>>
>>46453496
and renegades
>>46452540
50 man blob with priests, man
>>
>>46453547
surely that wouldn't last considering the amount of wounds the warscyths can do?
>>
>>46452829
You're supposed to aim the demolisher at their ships
>>
>>46453576
First Rank Fire Second Rank Fire
>>
>>46452433
>3+ armour, 4+ invun and 3+ RP
If he's actually using that exact loadout, tell your cheating friend to go choke on a bag of dicks. With that loadout, the unit has 3+, no invuln at all and a 4+ RP. He can force you to snapfire one turn per game and get to re-roll RP one phase per game, but that's it.
Just let him deep strike and kill one unit, then shoot him full of holes once his solar staff is spent.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.