[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Creators Battlefield
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1447040341601.jpg (342 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1447040341601.jpg
342 KB, 2560x1440
7 years ago, in the year 2136, a game called The Creators Battlefield, which took advantage of virtual reality and allowed everyone to create their own virtual fighter with almost no restraints. This game changed the competitive gaming scene in unimaginable ways. Your father and yourself bonded over your interest in CB as he built his career as Atmor, AKA. the King of CB, and went undefeated for almost 5 years winning both online and live tournaments. While you couldn't play due to the age restrictions on usage of the VR gear you remained on the sidelines cheering him on as his no.1 fan. But two years ago your father disappeared without a trace, nobody knows where he is or why he's even gone.

You decided that the best way to find answers is to start from the bottom and move your way through Creators Battlefield tourneys until you find some clue on where your father may be, or in worst case, what happened to him. Today is the day you start your training and create your first avatar.

[Welcome to the Creators Battlefield, a CYOA story based in a future where gaming has evolved to make your very mind the controller.]

[You will help decide the actions of the protagonist in their crusade to find his father and take the gaming world by storm]

[To begin, our first choices]

>Gender and Name
>What our Tag is in the competitive Roster
>>
>>46449538
John irrumabo
Virtually alive
>>
>>46449743
Male
>>
DOOMRIDER, male
"COCAAAAAINE"
>>
As you walk through the doors of the center you find it mostly abandoned, a bonus thanks to you planning ahead since most people have to be at work around this time.

You look around and spot a slightly older man standing in the corner of the room looking at his phone to tell the time as he looks up at you and smiles through his thick beard.

"Johnny boy, you finally made it!" The man said walking towards you giving you a monstrous bear hug.

"It's good to see you Silas." You reply gasping for air as he releases you from the hug.

Ever since Dad went missing Silas has been around just as much as he was before, since he and my father were always strategizing for whenever a doubles tournament would show up every now and then.

"Are you ready to make yourself a avatar?"

>Ready as Ill ever be.
>Still kind of undecided.
>Dunno, what do you recommend?
>>
>Gender
male
>name
John Stalvern
>tag
Space marine
>>
>>46449886
>ready
>>
why not run it here instead?
http://dendritestories.co.nz/new
>>
"Ready as I'll ever be." You say while tauntingly cracking your knuckles.

"You definitely have daddy's fire in you, speak to that woman at the counter when you're ready." Silas says pointing toward the counter in the center of the room.

As you walk towards the counter the attendant looks up from her computer and sees you approaching. "How may I help you today?" She says smiling as you place your hands on the counter.

"I would like to register for a membership card and place myself in the tournament registry."

"Ah, its about time you came in, you are the son of Atmor." She laughs to herself entering your name into the computer from memory alone, which kinda takes you by surprise.

"How'd yo-"
"You always came in here glued to your fathers leg, all bright eyed and smiling. You were to cute for words somedays!" You begin blushing and turn back to Silas who's trying to stifle his laughter. The bastard probably ratted you out.

How do you Handle this?

>Request to keep it secret
>Try to play it off as not a big deal
>Ignore it and continue registering
>Other
>>
>>46450173
>>Try to play it off as not a big deal
>>
John irrumabo waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the game. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Silas were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the cretors batlefeld and he said to dad “I want to be on the competive sene daddy.”
Dad said “No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS”
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the loading screen of the CB he knew there were demons.
“This is Silas” the VR gear crackered. “You must fight the demons!”
So John gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.
“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the demons
“I will shoot at him” said the cyberdemon and he fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
“No! I must kill the demons” he shouted
The VR gear said “No, John. You are the demons”
And then John was a CPU.
>>
You look back towards the attendant and quickly reply "Yea my Dad's Atmor but it wont prove anything about my skill till I get in."

She smiles. "He must have taught you well, better than some of the other kids that come in here and think they're gods among earth."

"Have you decided and a tag to enter the registry with yet? Not Atmor Jr. I presume."

"No, I was think something a little more... Imaginative, than that. Enter in Virtually Alive."

"Any numbers or anything crazy like that in there?" She asks looking at you.

"No, makes you look messy is your tag is all over the place." You laugh quietly to yourself think back to you and your father laughing at a commentator having difficulties reading out tags at a tourney a few years back from all the l33t speak in some of the names.

The printer behind her finishes printing out a tiny card roughly the size of a licence with a picture of yourself on it featuring a picture of yourself, name, tag, age, and the official seal of the developing company of CB, Hierarchy Studio.

"If you follow me I'll get you set up in a machine so you may create your avatar." The attendant lifted up a part of the counter and motion towards a hallway off to the left of the main room.

Cont.
>>
You enter a room roughly 12x15 feet with a large chair that wouldn't look out of place in a dentists office with a large helmet at the top of the chair with a visor in the front and many wires coming out of the top into the roof.

Not gonna lie to yourself, it looks pretty intimidating.

"If you'll just sit in the seat and place you head into the helmet sir."

You sit down and place your head in, resting your arms on the sides and looking through the visor to the attendant.

"Now close your eyes ,I'm going to count to five, and when i reach 5 I will active the machine ok?"

You give a thumbs up and wait for her to begin counting. "Okay... 5!" The attendant quickly shouts and slams her hand on the power button. Before you can even react you open your eyes and find yourself in a blank white room which would simulate a void if only there weren't lines outlining the shape of the room.

"Sorry kid, Its way easier if you dont wait for it, tends to make rookies nervous." You hear the attendant say from seemingly out of nowhere.

>Say nothing and Await Instructions
>Joking comment that its a dick move.
>>
I didnt realize it was so late so Ill come back tomorrow and make ourselves a avatar.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.