[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Highly infectious magical body swapping disease
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
>>
Thank god we have magic healers
>>
>>46447128
>this disease is immune to Remove Disease xD

Don't think that the DM wouldn't go there. You know they would.

Or they'd have the Cleric swap bodies with someone first and then say "you can't cast prayers in this body, and the other guy doesn't know how to in yours! xD"
>>
>>46447064
>disease
The only way I can even begin to see this work is some horrifying zombie plague where certain characteristics of a person somehow imprint themselves upon the infectious agent and influence the way subsequently-infected zombies act
>>
>>46447185
Then he should not bitch when someone retire their character or just opts out of playing
>>
>>46447064
Is this an Eclipse Phase thread?
>>
>>46447185
If I had to choose between a DM with his dick out under the table or reading posts that end with an 'xD' to make a point I think I would pick the magical realm
>>
>starting a thread with just a line of greentext and a picture of a random white girl
>>
>>46447185
>this special and incredibly plot relevant magic that's all over the setting doesn't fall under Knowledge (Arcana) or Spellcraft checks! :^)

Fuck this shit so hard. If you're a DM and you do this you should allow your players to reallocate those skill points.
>>
>>46447304
>I'd prefer to spend hours in some shitty game not enjoying myself rather than get over my easily-triggered autism xD
>>
>>46447064
... Continue.
>>
>>46447375
>implying I wouldn't enjoy myself
>>
>>46447377
10/10
>>
>>46447491

Not helping your case, anon. Now you're a magical realming easily-triggered autist.

xD
>>
>>46447064
Did you just watch Body Transfer?
>>
>>46447578
REEEEEEEEEE STOP BEING CORRECT!
>>
>>46447375
>>46447578
Actually it doesn't really bother me in this context. It's more the poorly done sarcasm
>>
>>46447185
>this disease is immune to Remove Disease xD

God damn this shit triggers me.
>the curse is immune to remove curse
>identify spell doesn't identify the magic item
>the lying NPC is immune to zone of truth
>the NPC's words are technically true so sense motive won't tell you he's being deceptive
>the undead are virus-zombies so turn undead won't work

God damn it, I have these powers for a reason, just let them work you fuckboy
>>
>>46449418
>>46447359
Fucking these. DM should just let shit happen organically even if unexpected or just not feature things a PC's powers can work around.
>>
>>46449418
>>46449477
>>46447359
>tongues doesn't work on DM's original mysterious language but it works on extraplanar languages
>>
>>46449536
Sean? Is that you?
>>
>>46447255
>cue 28 days later type virus that just wants to spread using hosts
>rape "zombies" run rampant
>everytime one "infects" another person they absorb some of the victims DNA and impart some of their own, possibly multiply combined, dna.
>the human race slowly but surely becomes a race of essentially clone futa's
>>
>>46449418
I'm okay with there being ways to negate certain magic like zone of truth or whatever, but I'm mostly just annoyed when it's something with absolutely no potential chance to see through it. I'd like to at least know beforehand if my sense motive or equivalent skill means basically nothing
I mean if you don't cast detect magic and dispel on the guy you're questioning before zone of truth that's your own fault, but the 4th one you mentioned particularly gets to me
>>
is laughter the disease?
>>
File: Slaughter Is the Best Medicine.png (594 KB, 1121x617) Image search: [Google]
Slaughter Is the Best Medicine.png
594 KB, 1121x617
>>46450064
Yes, and Slaughter is the cure.
>>
>>46449536
The language is from before time flowed; before the planes were spun into reality.

> then how did I one-shot the elder emissary?
>>
>>46447064
>Demon releases magical disease in local area
>Seems to be completely cured in due time
>Suddenly years later it breaks out again all over the land
>Turns out it only effects someone until they sell their soul to the maker of the
I've actually been considering using this for some demons in a D&D game, given I just read Fiendish Codex 2 and I'm all pumped with demon knowledge.
>>
>>46449583
No, but if you're the DM and this happened in your game I will be mad at you on his behalf.
>>
>>46449418
>>46447185
But how can there be drama is you can just use magic so that you are never deceived?
That you can just instantly cure any disease with a simple spell?
That any curse can just be instantly removed?

Doesn't the game just turn in to progressively larger, magic immune monsters threatening the party? You can just instantly kill all the smaller ones with a single spell after all.
>>
>>46449536
I have a language in my setting whose express purpose is to be unable to be copied or read by magic or someone who doesn't know the language, because it's used to hide powerful secrets that, if available to any Tom, Dick, or Harry with magical ability, would mean civilization's collapse.
It is the singular (Because why make a second when the first one barely exists) 'fuck you normie' language.
>>
>>46447377
Noice.
>>
>>46447064
Is it called The Thing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqVbOSEsJNo
>>
>>46453136
Here's an idea. If you want those things for rule of drama then use them before we have the means to deal with them. Or keep the campaign low powered so we never get strong enough to acquire most of those. Or don't run a system that gives us those kinds of powers.

Also Zone of Truth can be worked around by still needing intimidation, torture, or diplomacy to get the NPC to talk but if they do manage to talk they had better tell the truth.

The whole point of having a lot of those is to throw a challenge or unexpected solution right back at the DM which isn't a bad thing. It means the entire group, DM included, gets to see new and unexpected things unfold because of the way the PCs handled something.

Anyway, you still need to prepare these spells beforehand and you have a limited amount of them. So it's not like they'll always be equipped to deal with it immediately.
>>
>>46453176
On that note, has anyone ever run a game with The Thing or a Thing-esque monster in it?
>>
>>46453091
I'm not the DM, I'm one of the party members. The DM came up with an archaic language that can't be understood with tongues because it's too old. Sean, who had tounges, was not happy that he couldn't understand it.

Funny enough, my character is the one that knows 20+ languages and has spent a good portion of the campaign deciphering the texts. I'm actually happy it's indecipherable, gives something that's core to my character.
>>
>>46453183
I have to, now.
>>
>>46453190
>too old

See, I can get this >>46453149 to an extent but something tells me tongues does *not* work like some extremely large database of languages like google translate. Consider toddlers and very young children are known to be able to understand babies who barely can speak more than 3 words to an uncanny extent. They're not even speaking words and they can understand them. I'm thinking tongues manipulates whatever is going on under the hood of our minds to create a similar but much stronger phenomenon that allows them to understand every language.
If I really needed to do something like this I would just nerf the effect with this mega old language and give whatever was spoken a very literal genie type of third person paraphrasing that can mislead them if they aren't careful instead of exactly what's being said and its nuances.
>>
>>46453183
One time, my character suddenly ded'd from a random changeling assassin on a nightwatch duty.
Seeing as other players didn't know about it yet, I discussed it with the DM and proceeded to play the rest of the campaign as said assassin.
It was fun to pretend that I still have all of my class abilities (which I didn't) and avoid the whole Detect Evil routine.
It's a game worthy of a storytime, but fuck if I give enough shits to storytime about it.

Also, not to shill, but SS13 literally has a gamemode based on The Thing called Changeling.
>>
>>46453179
But in the case of DnD cure disease and remove cure are only 3ed level spells. How can there ever be a plague in the setting or a curse cast on a town if there are so many low level clerics running around with the means to remove it? After 3ed level it's not unrealistic to assume the party healer will have a ton of these stashed away, the druid will have a few too in case they lose the healer and the wizard will have a few scroll as well just in case both the healer and the druid are KO'd.

>Or don't run a system that gives us those kinds of powers.
So in short, don't play DnD?
>>
>>46453242
Oh shit my bad, I fucked that all up. It wasn't spoken and tongues, it was an archaic rune and comprehend languages didn't work.
>>
>>46449418
>le gming superhero game
>anti-super virus happens
>it works on a guy with immunity because plot
>party finds the cure
>cure doesn't work on the guy because it's itself a virus too
>>
>>46447185
What if the disease had a one off effect like altering your body or mind then did nothing?

Would cure disease reverse what it did or just remove the disease?
>>
>>46453309
PF gives the disease a save in the form of a DC check to successfully cure the disease.
>>
>>46453473
An instant effect? That sounds more like a remove curse situation instead of a cure disease.
>>
>>46453473
Probably not. You'd need Restoration or Greater Restoration for it. Keep in mind that it'd have to be some bullshit-high level plague to break the standard mechanics like that.
>>
>>46453333
John Wick plz.
>>
>>46453540
>bullshit-high level plague to break the standard mechanics like that.
Well I suppose if it's worth the PCs attention it's not going to be a sniffle.

I was thinking some kind of DnD T-virus that mutates people that get infected.
>>
>>46453513
>>46453540
>switch bodies with person
>cure original body so it reverts to your old mine
>don't cure new body
>now there are two of me. Me, me, me me...
>>
>>46447064
>every male becomes female
>every female becomes male
>life starts again as usual
wew lad
>>
>>46449625
Rapist zombie futas? I'm ok with this.
>>
>>46453183
>The Thing or a Thing-esque monster in it?

Just last weekend, yeah. We rescued some scientists from an arctic research facility that contained several horror movie monsters. It was awesome, even if it took me a while to get the reference.
>>
>>46447064
This is entirely my magical realm... partially. My kink is just specific enough that even in that scenario i can keep it cool and just beat off later while imaging the specifics went deeper into my realm than they really did.
>>
>>46447064
So the infected swap at random or they swap once when they get infected?

>>46447185
Well I could buy it being immune if you didn't get both people who were swapped hit by Remove Disease at the same time
>>
>everyone in the party swap body
>you end up inside the body of your party healer who you've been accusing of not pulling their weight
>you now have to walk a mile in their shoes

I'll play it
>>
>>46455500
I don't remember the names, but the blue one is the only one that didn't get body swapped, right?
>>
>>46456010
Looks that way:
Kyoko-Madoka swap
Homura-Mami swap
>>
>>46453309
>So in short, don't play DnD?

Don't use it for games it's not suited for. It's good for lighthearted, action-packed heroic fantasy adventure. If you want horror, sci-fi plots, superheroes, kingdom-building, politicking, or detective-work, then I would encourage you to look elsewhere.
>>
>>46454281
Depends if people try to keep acting like their former gender
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.