[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's in the box?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: D6xSTvG.jpg (544 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
D6xSTvG.jpg
544 KB, 3264x1836
Hello internet. I know I'm asking allot out of you but if you have nothing better to do, I need help.

You see, my gf's uncle passed away a couple years ago and we inherited his massive warhammer 40k collection. The only problem, is that I don't know anything about 40k. I live in the middle of nowhere and no one around me knows what they are.

I have 12 boxes of random figures and I've recently unboxed the first one. Seems like they are old chaos? No one has really explained on imgur.

Here is a link to the first box:
https://imgur.com/gallery/czUjo

Let me know if this is something everyone is interested in, and I'll upload another unboxing.
>>
>>46446707
Best thing we can do to help, is take a picture of each individual item, or group of similar items, and we will identify them for you and give you an estimate of their value so you know how to put them up on ebay.

Or if you want to sell it as a big bundle, we can give you an estimate for the whole lot, but we would need to see individual photos of all the contents because you will want to list the contents on the ebay page.
>>
>>46446707
box one is all Warhammer fantasy chaos, except the ones with the circle bases which are orks probably.
Mostly base stuff, but some of it's pretty converted, mainly the chaos ogres and dragon ogres
>>
>>46447817
oh and number 11 is an eldar
>>
>>46446707
23, 24: 40k ork
12: Formors for Confrontation Kelts.
Rest are all Warhammer Fantasy Chaos Warriors/beastmen. From very old to fairly new, with some conversion work thrown in.
>>
>>46448286
Oh yeah, and the one eldar: special char named Eldrad as >>46447878 said.
>>
File: HA70-003LANDSKNECHTXVIC01.jpg (44 KB, 500x692) Image search: [Google]
HA70-003LANDSKNECHTXVIC01.jpg
44 KB, 500x692
As a general rule for assembled half painted models like these you're going to be getting about half MSRP to 3/4ths on a good day.

When I say command I mean unit champion, banner bearer, and musician.

1.5 chaos knights, heavily converted from lder and newer kits
2.4 dragon ogres, scratchbuilt
3.2 chaos spawn
4.9 chaos warriors, missing some members as they likely ought to number at least 10, probably more. Missing command. The one with the sallet doesn't look to belong
5.older pewter chaos warriors, oop so might be somewhat valuable depending.
6.10 of the previous generation of chaos warriors missing command save the musician and a really nice converted reaper bloke. Reaper man probably is the unit champion of the regiment from 4.
7.9 man unit of chaos warriors missing a muscian, mild conversion. In fact just about everything in the army is converted.
8.I think this is a scratch built chariot. He may have chosen to leave it riderless so he could place any hero he chose in it.
9.10. warriors missing command
10.5 nicely converted chaos ogres with champion and musican
11.an eldar farseer
12.I do not recognize these particular minis but they look like confrontation models, not warhammer.
13,Looks like some converted chose using the chaos knights from number 1 he replaced with old knights. the non purpled guy with the banner likely goes with one of the other regiments that's missing a banner as the chosen already have their banner.
14.nicely converted nurgle chaos knights, only 4 probably missing command or at least a 5th member.
15.Older pewter horsemen. Missing a 5th.
cont.
>>
>>46447759
OP here, I took pictures of what i thought were groups of the same thing. You can view the first box in the imgur link. There's so many items i didnt want to spam a massive wall of images and have people feel overwhelmed.
>>
File: GDJOovf.jpg (804 KB, 3030x2154) Image search: [Google]
GDJOovf.jpg
804 KB, 3030x2154
>>46448383
16.From right to left a marauder banner bearer, marauder, old chaos champion of some sort who either leads a unit or is a hero in his own right and goes about on his own, and a banner bearer who probably fits in with the unit from 6.
17.A trio of the old metal chaos trolls, a unit in their own right.
18.l2r a chaos sorcerer who goes on his own, A beastmen or potential marauder unit champion/hero, and what might me a mutant musician for the beast marauder unit it's looking like I'm going to see in a pic some ways down the list.
19.I must be fucking nostradamus
20.yep
21.I deserve a pat on the back
22. Damn I'm good. In all seriousness this is several units of converted mauraders spliced with ungors. Group them by weapon type and make sure each group has command,
23.Heavily converted orc warboss from Assault on black reach
24.same
25.Nurgle lord. Goes on his own.
26.L2R that is a slannesh hero, the 5th guy from unit 15, a tzeentch sorcerer and lyrical genius and a normal sorcerer

Hope that helped

You'll get the most money if you part everything out, but that's a huge pain. I'd be wary of selling this bundle yet though, based on the number of a few of these there are more chaos warriors in some of the other boxes.
>>
File: frost_giant_4.jpg (407 KB, 2090x1000) Image search: [Google]
frost_giant_4.jpg
407 KB, 2090x1000
>>46448414
also I feel the need to ask why you took these pictures while dressed as a stormtrooper.
>>
>>46448443
Oh wait I'm retarded
>>
Holy shit, I'm loving that ork warboss
>>
>>46448458
Its my starwars themed-ish kitchen, thats just a cut-out.

>>46448383 >>46448414
Thanks for all the info!! This was really helpful! Ill dump more images later, again, thank you so much for the help!
>>
>>46448697
Glad to help.

Also in your op pic I see two chaos warrior models that you didn't include in this go round. In the cardboard box on the bottom, a big ol shaggoth and daemon prince. The box adjacent to that probably has some of the awol men in it as well. The heck is that huge guy? I don't recognize it from anything. Maybe that's the confrontation box?
>>
>>46448948
Also I feel like I ought to mention this because although it seems obvious to me it's something people who aren't into warhammer are usually confused by, and judging by your referencing it as a "40k" collection and not a "warhammer" collection I feel like your probably are a bit confused.

These square based chaosy fellas belong to the game warhammer fantasy, the medieval fantasy counterpart of 40k. It is a separate game entirely. It is since out of print and has been replaced by a game called Age of Sigmar, although fantasy still has a decently sized player base.

What this means for you is if you're going to do a few big lots don't cross the beams at all.
>>
>>46448948
Im just blindly grabbing boxes. The info you gave though will help sort them all back to their homes. I wasnt in charge of moving them they just sorta... Showed up. :P

Ill go looking for the that adjacent box and have that be in the next dump as well.

>>46449103
Im more than a bit confused, im massively confused. Im learning though with all your help and the help of a others from the corners of the internet. Could the Ungor/Marauders be used for Age of Sigmar?
>>
File: Whats In The Box.png (702 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
Whats In The Box.png
702 KB, 768x576
>>46446707
>What's in the box?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4-My7L7xzU
>>
>>46449462
>Nice! I was thinking more of this when i posted it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLDhMU5JvMk
>>
File: a21.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
a21.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
One day I will die and all my minis will go to some dimwit relative who will soullessly ask /tg/ to id my minis and throw them on eBay like a pile of garbage.

Thanks for the daily depression dosage /tg/
>>
>>46449863

>>46449286
Worst case scenario is the dimwit relative doesn't sell them but plays AoS with them...
>>
>>46449863
I'd rather the minis go to someone else who loves the hobby then languish in an attic.

I was a bit disgusted when I saw the manner the op spoke of the dead and more so upon seeing the obvious idiocy in his manner of typing but I figure it's best all this stuff finds it way to some other table top once again in the possession of someone who can appreciate the hours of love put into converting these guys rather than in someone attic who has no clue what it is.

I'd rather have my loved possessions fall into the hands of a kindred soul I'll never see than some simpleton who happens to share my blood.
>>
>>46446707
Please link ebay when you get it all sorted. I'm sure a lot of people here would be interested.
>>
>>46450961
>>46449863

I guess I need to clarify some things...

Ive written the same thing a few times with not much help on identifying the figures. I started to get lazy with the story and a little desperate for answers. Im terribly sorry for any distasteful thoughts that you all have had.

For the record, these figures are not mine per say. They were inherited to my girl friend. She and I have been holding onto them for a couple years now. Not because of any value or money facing, but because we dont want to be blindly stolen by people who know of their value. We'd rather take the time to unbox them and learn what they are.

Her family also had a chapter in this story. Which is why they are in the storage conditions that they are in right now. Ill just leave that topic alone out of respect because I wasnt there at the time, alot of emotions were felt that day.

>>46451021
Do we want to sell some of them? Probably, one of the things we both agreed on was to sell off some of them so they would be in the hands of other players that would take care of them, instead of being locked away in storage where no one can use them like they are right now. We sure wouldnt mind seeing this figures painted. But how are we going to part with them without knowing anything about them first? We understand this is more than just a hobby, its a lifestyle that takes time and dedication to build and paint these massive forces that even overwhelm people that dont understand what it truly is. This is indeed a learning experience that i will not let go of.

We also want to know what took the most time building and painting. Sure they all have had time and effort, but our plan is to hold onto the special figures that he may have cherished the most. Neither of us were there for that which is why im reaching out to you for your help.
>>
File: a25.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
a25.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
>>46451409

>>46449863 here

You seem like an all right lad. Good for you. You rekindled some of my trust in humanity.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.