[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the GM is always right What unnatural sorcery could make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: five_lights.jpg (15 KB, 300x428) Image search: [Google]
five_lights.jpg
15 KB, 300x428
>the GM is always right
What unnatural sorcery could make one man totally infallible, and why isn't he running for president?
>>
>>46446671
Our games aren't a democracy anon. The GM is always right to move things along in an orderly quick fashion. Look it up later and change it, or house rule it how it was going. A handwave here or there doesn't mean you're playing without rules.
>>
>>46446671
Silly faggot, THE PRESIDENT IS THE COUNTRY'S GM!
>>
Same logic with the pope.
>>
>>46446671
But Kanye is running for president next election, OP.
>>
>>46446671
>What unnatural sorcery could make one man totally infallible

If you are the one running the Universe, you are automatically right, because the only things that are true are the ones you decide are true.
>>
>>46446671

You can get some systems where the players have more power.

There's also metagame elements like everyone agreeing beforehand that the GM sticks to RAW and that he doesn't get to invoke the Golden Rule.
>>
>>46447033
>the GM accuses me of raping her IRL
>I never touched her, the other players were watching the whole time and can back me up
>but because she's the GM, it must be true!
>>
>>46447188

>Autism.
>>
>>46447212
>buzzword
>>
>>46447188
>Hard autism
>>
>>46446671
Maybe you should go play Synnibarr OP, it's got rules to stop that nasty GM from making things up.
>>
>>46447301
>name-calling
>not an argument
>>
>>46447188
>I can't distinguish between a game and real life
Check yourself into an asylum before you go shoot up a school
>>
>>46446671

Your being a guest in his house.
>>
>>46447526
The phrase is, verbatim, "the GM is always right", not "the GM has final say on what happens in the game".
Even if the "in the game" part is implied, can a GM's memory not fail? I've seen several different GMs forget or distort rules many times, and they always thank me for catching the error.
>>
>>46447396

Yeah, see, I know you're only pretending to be retarded. And look, I baited you into replying to me several times. Fun times, enjoy your evening. :^)
>>
File: DMing_101.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
DMing_101.png
1 MB, 1280x800
>>46446671
>the GM is always right

>implying he even knows what he's doing
>>
This thread was made by a that guy who's super salty about being told "no" in a recent session after trying to do something stupid and uncool. His reinforcing his argument with hollow wordplay is further evidence of him being that guy.
>>
>>46447777
Wrong again, shithead. I haven't had a GM in months, and my last one was excellent.
>>
>>46447188
Does the Game Master run real life?

The Game Master is the Master of the Game. All things related to the game are under his control. It is by his decision that your character can kill the king right in the middle of his speech, it is by his decision that you could even get so close to the king, it is by his decision that you are even allowed to play an Assassin, it is by his decision that you have the right to argue about the rules, it is by his decision that you even participate, and it is by his decision that he runs the game.

Therefore, if he wants to ignore item burden and inventory management rules, the GM is always right. If the GM wants to say that building a ship will take three days rather than six months, the GM is always right. If the GM says that by destroying the entrance to the dungeon where the lich is dwelling you are now unable to fight him until you get a large company of people to remove the debris, the GM is always right. By saying that your 5x exploding d100 nat 00 combo on shooting the Gargoyle BBEG as he makes his escape only cripples him instead of ending the entire campaign at the first session, the GM is always right.

If the GM was wrong, there would be no rules.
>>
>>46448017
see
>>46447652
>>
>>46447652
Oh shut up. You knew the implied meaning you dumb faggot.
>>
File: noiwontcoveryourdamnshift.gif (3 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
noiwontcoveryourdamnshift.gif
3 MB, 360x360
>>46446671

Please OP, show me on the doll where the nasty man damaged your ego by saying NO to you
>>
>>46448057
The Game Master is the game. He is always right, even if what was "right" now is different from what was "right" three sessions ago. You can tell him what he considered right before, and he can judge whether or not you are right as well.

Think an authority of Orwellian power, except this authority is much more inclined to be entertaining and fun for his group, and you have the power to leave at any time.
>>
>>46446794
>Same logic with the pope.
You don't know what papal infallibility actually means, do you?
>>
>>46447777
quads confirm OP is a faggot
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.