[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: imuge.jpg (332 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
imuge.jpg
332 KB, 1024x768
Fire Raptors aren't 360 degrees of rape edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
File: image.jpg (640 KB, 1100x1376) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
640 KB, 1100x1376
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN FORTIFIED!
>>
Had my first game in 7+ years today. Obviously I got my shit pushed in, but the guy I was playing with was a good sport about my obvious beginner-ness. He played Ironclad SM against my Tau. Found out after the game he was using a vanquisher cannon that had some modification on it from FW that gave it ignore cover, which is kind of a dick move since it was an 1000 point game and sundays are "beginner day" at this GW. It pretty much wiped out a squad every time he used it. But whatever, it was fun, looking forward to playing again.
>>
Ran blitz brigade today

Scouted right into charge range of 8 raven guard assault squads. 4 wagons exploded. Then the nobz stood around because they couldnt charge on my turn because of scout

Was tabled turn 2

Was 90% my fault for not thinking
>>
How would you represent civilians on the tabletop?
>>
>>46442792
>Then the nobz stood around because they couldnt charge on my turn because of scout

This git.
>>
>>46442820
I talked to my opponent before the match. I explained how it works, he insisted it went against RAI, so we rolled off and he won.
>>
>>46442820
>they couldnt charge on my turn because of scout
Do you want to tell him or should I?
Or is this some resurgence of bait nearly forgotten?
>>
>>46442956
Of course he did, it would mean you got to charge his army.
>>
>>46442956
Ah disregard
>>46442987
but for reals I always let my Ork Bros do their thing as soon as they start asking if its cool
>>
File: tau v orks.jpg (18 KB, 236x318) Image search: [Google]
tau v orks.jpg
18 KB, 236x318
Last thread died, so reposting for advice. Casual Tau list for going up against some Orks.

>Commander Farsight 165

>Strike team 128 pts
>8 warriors, rifles, shas'ui w/ ML & TL, Marker & Shield Drone, Pod Turret, EMP grenades

>Breacher team 88
>6 warriors, shas'ui, Gun & Guardian Drone

>Ghostkeel 133
>Ion Raker, flamer, Counterfire Defense System

>Vespid 118
>6 vespid, strain leader

>Firesight Marksman 116
>2 marksmen, 4 drones

Planned on sticking Farsight with the Vespid so they could deep-strike and be a decent close-combat unit. Does it seem alright?
>>
>>46442784
I am torn between Imp Fist and Iron Hands.

As far as Primarchs go I prefer Ferrus to Rogal.

For Right now I have a thousand points of primed white marines.

Is it shitty of me to perhaps paint it one of the successors, if I find that both chapters have a similar color scheme between them?
>>
>>46443047
Yup seems fine.
>>
Is there any reason to take Phosphor Serpenta on a Syndonian Dragoons? It would let me reroll charge distance, but the weapon has an 18" range.
With Dunestrider, my Assault threat range if I move in all phases is (6+3)+(1d6+3)+(2d6+3), which is a minimum of... 18".
They're Assault 1 and cost 10 points per model. Is this ever of value?
>>
File: image.png (99 KB, 199x284) Image search: [Google]
image.png
99 KB, 199x284
>>46443095
What about Hammers of Dorn? Pretty sweet colors. Imp Fists successor, obviously.
>>
>>46443095
>As far as Primarchs go I prefer Ferrus to Rogal.
Then you have already made your choice anon.
And that choice is that Flesh is Weak
I chose DA for a few reasons but one of the bigger ones were because I liked their primarch. They are the personality of the chapter embodied.
>>
File: Vietfirewarrior.png (109 KB, 505x529) Image search: [Google]
Vietfirewarrior.png
109 KB, 505x529
Trying to build a list based on the Sept v'iet
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Sept_V%27iet

1500 list. focused on having no vehicles at all an minimal suits, unsure if I have too many pathfinders (the support Cadre ones get infiltrate and shrouded as long as they don't move shoot something other than markerlights)

Anything I can do to make this better?

Hunter Cadre:

>Commander 165
- Vectored Retro Thrusters, Iridium, TL fusion, Fusion blades

Fireblade 60

>Breacher Team 100 X2
- EMP nades, Shas'ui, Markerlock, Guardian, Bonding Knife

>Strike 65 X2
- Markerlock, Bonding knife

>Ghostkeel 302
- + 1 mech, 2x Twin Fusion blaster, 2x Target lock, 2x Early Warning Override, Bonding knife

>Pathfinder 58 X3
- Shas'ui, Bonding Knife

> Broadside 77
- Advanced Targetting System , Seeker missile , Bonding knife

Total: 1043

Ranged Support Cadre

>Pathfinder 48 X3
-Bonding knife

>Broadside 77 X3
- Advanced Targetting System, Seeker missile, Bonding knife

Total: 375

(1418 with hunter)
>>
>>46443047
Seems like a fun list, go easy on the orks poor buggers
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 300x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 300x440
>>46443095
Or if you want to be fluffy and add AdMech as allies, you could go with Steel Confessors.

These guys were illegally founded by the AdMech.
>>
File: SOON.jpg (40 KB, 490x240) Image search: [Google]
SOON.jpg
40 KB, 490x240
SOON
>>
>>46443204
Forgot to mention that they're an Iron Hands successor.
>>
>>46443165
That would work but with my newbie paint skills I am afraid all my marines would look like power armoured construction workers.

>>46443167
My main gripe is that Imperial Fists do more in the story it seems. I need to do more research on the chapters obviously since all I have really ready is about the primarchs thus far. I have my codex that I have read as well and I think the Fists have a better story. Hands just seem really cool.

Right now I have a CAD of Command Squad bikers, two Rhinos, twenty tactical marines and a Libarian on Bikers.

My thought now is that I have to choose a chapter before building because it kind of matters.

Iron hands I could add the Armored Task Thing formation and put that Techmarine on a bike (I think) and he can roll with the command squad. Thunderfire cannons seem cool and a techmarine on a bike with his servo-pack would also be pretty fun for a model.
>>
I know War Convocation isn't super original but I'm hoping for some feedback on the following list. The War Convocation bit is pretty obvious but the specific allies set up/War Gear choices are what I am looking for feedback on.

-10x Vanguard - 3x Plasma, Omnispex, Alpha (Digital Weapons, Conversion Field, Arc Pistol, Arc Maul, The Pater Radium)

-5x Rangers - 2x Arquebus, Omnispex, Alpha (Digital Weapons, Conversion Field, Arkhan's Divinator)

-5x Ruststalkers - Alpha (Prehensile Dataspike, Digital Weapons, Conversion Field, The Mask Omniscient)

-5x Infiltrators - Flechette Blaster/Taser Goad, Alpha (Infoslave Skull, Digital Weapons, Conversion Field, The Skull of Elder Nikolae)

Ironstrider Ballistari - Cognis Lascannon

Onager Dunecrawler - Icarus Array, Mindscanner Probe, Cognis Stubber, Cognis Manipulator)

-Tech Priest Dominus - Eradication Beamer, Phospor Serpenta, Scryerskull Perspicatus

-3x Kataphron Destroyers - 3x Heavy Grav Cannon, 3x Cognis Flamer

-3x Kataphron Destroyers - 3x Heavy Grav Cannon, 3x Cognis Flamer

-Knight Crusader - Rapid Fire Battle Cannon, Stormspear Rocket Pod, The Mark of the Omnissiah

-Sanguinary Priest - Auspex, Melta Bomb

-5x Scouts

-Drop Pod
-Drop Pod
-Drop Pod

Inquisitor - Mastery Level 1, Power Armor, 3x Servo Skulls

The Inquisitor goes with 1 unit of Kataphron and the Sanguinary Priest goes with the other to bulk out their leadership and to boost their survivability/punchiness.
>>
>>46443267
oooo my friend getting me into 40k plays both the Ad Mech books. This would be really cool to forge a narrative for if we worked together or even fought back.

Saving there name for when I look more into it.

The store I am going to is really into army lore and personal narratives. I don't know if either of those is the correct term.

That said they have a big binder of a bunch of armies fluff that people added. Usually 1-3 pages an army.
>>
>>46443120

Its a weapon for the purposes of weapon destroyed. Paying 10 points for a 50/50 shit that your lance doesn't get aced is worth it.
>>
>>46443272
>Warconvo
>Drop Pods
>Inquisitor

It is a tournament list. You can search for any War Convo tourney list and it will be similar to this one.
That aid it is WAACy as hell and looks fine to me.
Our WarConvo player's knight is an Atropis(?) and does a bunch of work.

WarConvo/10 would not play against
>>
File: 1454358587448.gif (1 MB, 325x203) Image search: [Google]
1454358587448.gif
1 MB, 325x203
>>46442759
Why the fuck do i have to roll for warlord traits every game. I want to play MY custom warlord and not some random dude with random specialization.
I would rather spend some points for it.
Night fighter and Immovable object sound dank but a 1/6 chance sucks ass.

Same thing with psychic powers.
>>
>>46443311
Yeah, I myself quite like the Steel Confessors. There's also the fact that they're homeworld is the Forgeworld of Kalevala, and they worship a holy trinity of the Omnissiah, the Emps as his physical form, and Ferrus Manus as the Machine God's greatest prophet.

Honestly, they're my favorite underfluffed chapter for how unique they are.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Confessors

Here's their wiki page.

It's real cool that your store is real into narratives and stuff like that!

I'm still trying to figure out what Kalevala's color scheme for their Skitarii would be. For simplicity, I'd think Green Cloaks, Bone pants, and Silver metallics, with Red unit markings and designations.

Or Bone cloaks with Green pants.
>>
>>46443047
8/10 would play against
>>
>>46443388

Because random is fun!

Obviously I am being sarcastic. That said I far prefer random psychic powers because otherwise armies are just going to pick exactly what they want. However I wish Warlord traits had a points cost and I could choose or else make them all equal and just allow me to choose.
>>
File: Ork Transport.jpg (83 KB, 618x800) Image search: [Google]
Ork Transport.jpg
83 KB, 618x800
>>46443388
The problem is that there will always been one trait better than the others and that is the only one anyone will use.

OR

You have people ith no bussiness making any rules that affect the balance coming up with balls to the walls warlord traits that you have to shoot down.

Same thing with psychic powers
>>
>>46443388
For the exact same reasons you just listed, being able to pick and choose would lead to some fucking retarded shit.

Imagine how little thought would be needed if every single one of your Psykers could just select invisibility, and then select Iron arm and endurance.
>>
File: 1458656662303.gif (1023 KB, 380x340) Image search: [Google]
1458656662303.gif
1023 KB, 380x340
>>46443439
>tfw next SM codex chainswords are AP2
>>
>>46443388
I know what you mean. I'm lucky enough that my warlord is stealth focused so the Strategic table benefits are all fitting, but it is kind of lame that you can't get a consistent trait.
>>
>>46443255
You know, I appreciate the fact that GW is trying to get back on the path of listening to what people in the community have to say. While the FB FAQ was a clusterfuck, the fact that they opened the doors to allow everybody in the hobby - not just a small focus group in a specific location - what they were concerned about is indicative that they're trying to listen to what people have to say and what the average hobbyist/player is concerned about.
>>
>>46443434
Yeah I just browsed their page i think I will go with Iron Hands.

I know this is a /wip/ question but my marines are already primed white. Would getting a steel primer and respraying them ruin everything?

Also if I do go with Iron Hands is :

>Iron hands I could add the Armored Task Thing formation and put that Techmarine on a bike (I think) and he can roll with the command squad. Thunderfire cannons seem cool and a techmarine on a bike with his servo-pack would also be pretty fun for a model.

the right way of building up to 1500 points.
>>
>>46443470
>Chainswords having any different stats that a pointer stick wouldn't have
No.
>>
>>46443496
It is more worrying that basic interaction is being praised, but it is still a very tough decision they would have had to make just due to the sheer number of unfiltered responses they would get and does show at least some initiative, even if the motive is just to push sales (which I don't fault them for, they are a business).
>>
File: GudOnYaGit.png (69 KB, 144x462) Image search: [Google]
GudOnYaGit.png
69 KB, 144x462
>>46443439
>Ork Transport
You cheeky cunt.
>>
>>46443512
Glad I could help you out.

So you're painting them in Iron Hands colors, or Steel Confessors and using Iron Hands chapter tactics?
>>
How would two Retribution Phalanxes fair in a 1000 point game?

The sheer amount of Warriors and Scarabs have got to be able to do something, at least.
>>
File: Inquisiton.png (3 MB, 2312x3584) Image search: [Google]
Inquisiton.png
3 MB, 2312x3584
Speaking of illegal foundings.

How ok would the rest of the imperium be with an inquisitor founding a chapter, for their own use basically?

Like, they come along to so fringe space to do some inquisitor stuff and they need some muscle for their work so they manage to get a new chapter started there.
But they don't stop there, they appoint the chapter master and tell them how they're going to organise themselves to fit their work so they're technically separate but in practice the inquisitors personal army.
>>
>>46443047
You're going to get killed, Anon. I salute you for it.

I fielded 1000 pts of genestealers against orks yesterday. He fielded 100 boyz, 60 gretchin + a warboss. I got rolled. It was delicious.
>>
>>46443690
This wouldn't be square at all.

The only reason the Steel Confessors were allowed to continue as a chapter was because the AdMech had, and still has, a crap ton of power and influence.

They were forced to swear fealty to the Emperor as all other Chapters do.

A single Inquisitor has nothing on that man.
>>
>>46442759
so im a WHFB player
thinking of making the switch to 40k
I like the look of necrons, and space wolves
tell me why or not either pls?
>>
>>46443775
Go with Necrons, good for beginners, easy to paint, and their Start Collecting! Box is pretty awesome.

There's also the fact that they're nigh-unkillable, and their Start Collecting! box's special formation and rule makes the Warriors and Scarabs respawn next to the Overlord if they're all wiped out.

That, and you'll be able to paint them how you want, and claim they're your own Snowflake Dynasty if you want.
>>
>>46443388
Because, as other people have said, then amount of variety in a game would go down considerably, as people would just pick exactly what they want. You'd only see a few builds hit tables, and, just like psychic powers, the only ones that would ever be voluntarily selected are the OP ones.
>>
>>46443775
Do it but dont give up on WHFB unless there are absolutely no other players in your area.

The true Warhammer must live !
>>
>>46443578
>Steel Confessors and using Iron Hands chapter tactics
Yeah man thank you. I just told my buddy and he instantly knew the chapter.
As I said I have tons of research to do now but the regular thing to do here is to name your HQs. People exchange their profiles before a match some time.

Their is also a weekly Scenario group that that put two tables together for and do an RP type thing. I think they split it up Imperial/Chaos/Xeno/Extra and use kill team like rules.

The necron player uses his Orikan model and his kill team has a notorius reputation.

We are starting a league next weekend that starts at 1000 which I can field but will end at 1850 by June so I want to map out my army plan now.
>>
File: LaughingEldarSluts.jpg (355 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
LaughingEldarSluts.jpg
355 KB, 446x400
>>46443879
>true Warhammer
>>
anyone heard anything on the possibility of an Admech/Skitarii flyer?
>>
>>46443769
Which bit is the not-ok part?
The inquisitor setting up their founding or the bit where they decide how they're organized?
what if they just did it and pretended they didn't?
>>
>>46443849

You know, there's supposed to be a mechanic that balances out choices that are better than other choices. It's called points.

The fact that GW is too lazy to use it doesn't change the fact that it would be a vastly better way of doing things than just rolling on a damn table.
>>
>>46443890
Man, I just moved to where I am, so I have no idea where everything is, or if there's any stores around.

Just checked, and the closest offical GW store is 77 miles away.

I'd love to be part of that stuff man.
However, I'm afraid I can't really help out with your army further, as I don't play Space Marines, I just like the fluff on more then a few Chapters.

Just know that the Steel Confessirs are pretty underfluffed in comparison to the founding chapters, but since your doing narratives and such, you could make your own fluff, which is pretty cool.

>>46443938
Nah mate, the whole reason the Steel Confessors were found out and had to become a legitimate Chapter was because of the Inquisition.

The Highest-Ups in the AdMech were who put forth and ordered the Steel Confessors founded. A single Inquisitor would have no power over an entire chapter.
>>
File: 1380057126873.png (28 KB, 490x585) Image search: [Google]
1380057126873.png
28 KB, 490x585
My friend insists that Imperial guard don't need a new codex whilst he plays deathstar Necron lists. Plz :(
>>
>>46443272
If this is for anything outside of a tournament or ultra-competitive meta - you're a huge asshole.
>>
>>46443269
>power armored construction workers.

If you're playing Fists or Fists' successors then that's pretty accurate actually.
>>
>>46444115

It's for my area Master's League.
>>
>>46444040

Guard is always going to be a disappointing book because the IG are supposed to fight in innumerable ways and the book will never accurately capture almost any of these.
>>
>>46444040
The thing about that is, everyone gets a new codex eventually, whether they need it or not. The guard stuff from damocles is like a new codex, except no new units or stat changes
>>
File: spess meren.jpg (75 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
spess meren.jpg
75 KB, 800x600
this is the first space marine i paint, is it gud?
>>
>>46444414
trim your mold lines
thin your paints
use washes
use layering
use highlights
check out the /wip/ threads for lots of great advice

also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0WyyiPkWVY
>>
>>46444414
It looks good for your first try, and nice quads. I do suggest thinning your paints.
>>
>>46444414

Yeah, it's good.

Just clear up the paint splotched over from the coats of arms onto the pauldrons, and from the skull symbol splotched onto the right hand.

For more hardcore detailing, I also usually color some of the plasma cannon copper, adding more contrasting detail to the weapon. I would also apply a dirt wash to the feet (he's trudging through mud) and a black wash to the barrel of the plasma cannon(the metal likely varies in color more due to overheating, rapid cooling, combined with atmospheric effects).
>>
>>46444295

Forge World has trench warfare and paratrooper lists which is nice, but those supplements are like $100 USD each
>>
>>46442788
>nquisher cannon that had some modification on it from FW that gave it ignore cover, which is kind of a dick move since it was an 1000 point game and sundays are "beginner day" at this GW. It pretty much wiped out a squad every time he used it. But whatever, it was fun, looking forward to playing again.

Vanquisher cannon? wiped a squad?
either you have your names mixed up, or you got played. A Vanquisher is a single shot cannon. It can kill 1 model.
>>
>>46443839
>>46443879
i never did but damn i already a lizardman,beastman, high elves, dark elves, chaos, tomb kings, skaven,orcs and goblins , vampire counts and dwarves army all 2500 pts +
the hobby is dead here i can get some friends to play armys i already have painted but i dont think its coming back
>>
>>46444648
>those supplements are like $100 USD each
they are also print only and have to ship internationally

like seriously

100 buckaroos is bad enough, but that on top of expensive international shipping?

just sell a digital version

also the forge world books are not standard 40k and most of them are really poorly written. I wish we'd just get codexes for some of those armies instead of quasi-unofficial suppliments.
>>
>>46442788

Sounds like a Vindicator with Battle of Keylek as its Legacy of Glory.

Pretty obnoxious to use in a beginner game desu senpai.
>>
>>46442798
IG without guns. Preferably Catachan plastics. Maybe remodel the guns into bags..
>>
>>46444690
You're right, vindicator, my bad
>>
>>46442798
3rd party models

reaper and anvil industries make some nice ones
>>
>>46443269
>That would work but with my newbie paint skills I am afraid all my marines would look like power armoured construction workers.

Do eeeet
Check bitz sites, IG tanks often come with shovels etc.
>>
>>46443775
WHFB what army?
You might reuse your minis,prvided you do not mind altering them
>>
>>46443272
Pretty douche/10

I have a super-competitive meta even for casual games. I usually take War Convo (at least until my pride and joy CSM get a fucking update), but I try and turn it down a touch. I don't bring pods, footslog everything, run a Paladin instead of a Crusader, max out my Rangers, and fill in the rest of my points with a couple of Kastelans, Electro Priests, or Dragoons.
>>
>>46443388
You do get to in 30k campaigns, to an extent. Age of Darkness campaigns let you roll 3d6 and choose your warlord trait from those dice, and that trait is the same one your warlord will use for the entire campaign.

It can be pretty godly if you try for, and get Child of Terra, or go for Strategic and land Master of Ambushes. Infiltrate on any three units of your choice for every game is easily one of the best warlord traits ever made.
>>
>>46443690
They actually do have one. They're called the Red Hunters, which are a space marine chapter that was created by, and answers directly to the inquisition.

Red Hunters all have extremely extensive indoctrinations to make them into perfect tools for the lords of the inquisition, and are sent into situations that a normal inquisitorial retinue wouldn't be suitable for. For example, they were used to perform the investigation on Anphelion, when the Research Station on that planet(Responsible for researching tyranids) went dark.
>>
>>46444722
> Forgeworld books are not standard 40k
Fuck off nigger. The Horus Heresy books and Legion Astartes are for 30k, but that's it. All of the Imperial Armour books are explicitly intended for use in 40k games, and as supplements to the other codexes. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a niggerbitch mongoloid that needs to be castrated and burned so that his seed cannot quicken and further taint mankind.
>>
>>46445090
Huh. Learn something new every day.
>>
>>46445182
>trying this hard to defend FW
look, if they sold their books digitally I would say they are easy enough to get hold of that they are "standard enough"

but they are print only and shipped internationally.
>>
>>46444758
Some tips for vindicators

their front is strongly armored, their sides are not.(AV 13/11/10)
Space your models out. The rulebook allows 2inches between each model. Use that.to minimize the models under the pie plate of doom.
>>
>>46445023

Were it not for the fact that its a master's league I'd probably tone it down but I know no one else is going to tone it down so.
>>
>>46445090
I know the inquisition has the authority to demand that a chapter help them against the enemies of humanity and they own their own chapter.

I just wanna know how far their legal powers go, I was told that they're pretty much above imperial law and only answer to other inquisitors.
>>
File: attachment.jpg (61 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
61 KB, 873x627
why are full suits of mk8 armor so rare?

and why were there never any newer marks?
>>
>>46445341

ARMOR IS FINE, COMRADE. GLORIOUS EMPEROR SAYS ARMOR IS FINE, SO ARMOR IS FINE.
>>
>>46445271
Thanks for the tips anon. I don't think I could have made anything out of the armor, he kept his front to me most of the time, and most of my heavy weapons aren't very mobile. Guess I could have jumped a crisis suit behind him and tried to hit with my plasma rifle, but i dont know how much it would have done.
>>
>>46445399
the thigh plates and gorget of mk8 look really cool
>>
>>46445332
Funny enough, Space Marines, Inquisition, and the High Lords of Terra actually don't technically answer to each other. All three of them are completely parallel in terms of legal authority.

Only the God Emperor himself has the right to directly command Space Marines, or the Inquisition. The only thing the inquisition can actually do is threaten space marine chapters with making them Excommunicate Traitoris, or just ask nicely. Usually if there's a good enough reason to, most space marine chapters will happily comply with requests by inquisitors.

But if an inquisitor goes up to a chapter master and says, "Hey my nigga, gimme two of your companies, I need to settle a bet.", the chapter master is fully within his right to just tell the inquisitor to fuck off, as he would feel his companies are more useful purging xenos filth with the fury of the emperor.

The same deal goes for the Highlords of terra. They can ask nicely, but they technically don't have any authority at all over the inquisition or the space marines.

This is why the Red Hunters(Owned by the inquisition), and the Minotaurs(Owned by the Highlords of Terra) are both such a big deal.
>>
>>46445341
MkVIII is basically an updated MkVII and in most cases the enhancements are not worth the extra work and resources. For an officer, sure, but most plebs will do just fine with MkVII and older.

>and why were there never any newer marks?

There were, just not for Marines.
>>
File: image.png (48 KB, 543x137) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48 KB, 543x137
>>46444722
>also the forge world books are not standard 40k and most of them are really poorly written
Is this quality then? Name a few FW books that are poorly written?
>>
>>46445453
could a really wealthy local lord or rogue trader found a space marine chapter?
>>
>>46445341
The grey Knights have all the newest stuff and only forge world deimos is allowed to make it
>>
>>46445341
Because the AdMech. It's the AdMech.
>>
>>46445488
just the stuff they have to FAQ a bunch, like the gun turrets that are immobile but have scout
>>
>>46445504
The answer is actually yes! With enough wealth, it would be feasible to bribe the highlords of terra to give you some gene-seed. Then you could buy some terminator armour, and trade them with a Chapter Master to borrow one of his apothecaries(No good chapter master would ever turn that down, Terminator armour is fucking priceless, even to them). Then you can just get the apothecary to turn some teenagers into space marines for you, and bam. You now have your own space marine chapter.. Up until you die of old age and the marines under your command kind of decide that it's better to have someone who isn't a mortal to lead them.

Realistically speaking, a decent rogue trader would probably have his space marines hypno-indoctrinated into directly serving him or his descendents.
>>
>>46444722
>not standard 40k

Except they are. They had the 40k approved stamp until last year, when they announced all IA books are 40k approved, unless it still has experimental rules. So that not standard 40k thing is just a houserule of yours.
>>
>>46445560
Even then, the Experimental rules are generally fine to play with regardless. The Deredeo and Leviathan at this point have been around long enough that they might as well not be experimental anymore. And the ITC still lets you use the experimental rules(So long as you provide the Print-out)

Just be sure that if you use them, keep a laminated print-out of the models you're using. It helps a lot if you can show your friends the rules you're using whenever they need to see them.
>>
>>46445480
>>46445523
>>46445529
it's a shame really

a full mk8 army would be gorgeous
>>
>>46445453
And the deathwatch right? they seem a chapter that is formed of borrowed marine form other chapter that *kinda* (They have a chapter master that decides what they do) belongs to ordo xenos and exists to help them in their work.

Also grey knights are pretty closely tied to ordo malleus to the point where there was a line in the inquisiton codex PDF thingy that said they had to explicitly declare themselves neutral in fights between inquisitors so they don't sick the grey knights on each other.
>>
>>46445453
High Lords decided the formation of new chapters. Inquisition has the Emperor's decree to protect the Imperium. Marines have autonomy, but most of their current rules and formations were written up by Girlyman, not the Emperor.

>This is why the Red Hunters(Owned by the inquisition), and the Minotaurs(Owned by the Highlords of Terra) are both such a big deal.

And hypocritical for them to deny Admech the Steel Confessors.
>>
>>46443839
I agree with this. Crons are a snap to paint. You'll have a good looking army in no time.
>>
>>46445013
all of them except wood elves, bretonnia, ogre kingdoms, and empire
>>
>>46445432
next time do something unorthodox, charge the tank with your crisis suit and punch it.

I am serious here:
melee attacks against tanks hit on 3 because a tank has WS1
A crisis suit has S5 and melee attacks always hit the rear armor so you can damage it
A vindcator that is not blood angels can only drive 6 inches and shoot, having to center the blast on the crisis. So with the way blast weapons work, there is a good change he would hit himself

As for the plasma rifle S6 AP so it could have done some damage
>>
>>46445636

Minotaurs have lots of Mk VIII
>>
>>46445708
demons can be used in both....
if you want to try the game
>>
>>46445558
Other anon here, this is why I asking about the inquisitor thing.
If an influential inquisitor that's manged to accumulate some wealth and recovered space marine artifacts decides they need some back up wants to plant a chapter of space marines on the worlds they spend their time working on.

Could they organise the formation of a new chapter assuming there was a reasonable need for one?
>>
File: iu[1].gif&f=1.gif (872 KB, 307x465) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].gif&f=1.gif
872 KB, 307x465
eyyyyy I'm a raptor
>>
>>46445660
Yea, Deathwatch and Grey Knights are indeed exceptions to the rule that the Inquisition and the Space Marines don't answer to each other.

Come to think of it, the whole setting is wrought with exceptions to the rules of every kind. Just keep in mind with the relationship between the High Lords, Inquisition, and Space Marines.. Is that they all have pretty much the same goals:

> Protect Humanity
> Fucking kill everything inhuman with extreme prejudice
> Seriously, if you're not human, go hang yourself, before you die to a bolter.

It's easiest to remember it this way. Space marines are superhuman murdermachines that dedicate their whole lives to killing shit that isn't human. They fuck off from everyone else and do their own thing, and nobody bothers them, because obviously a space marine is more useful on a battlefield killing shit, than in a ballroom doing politics, or shooting poop golems in sewers while looking for heretics.

The High Lords do the politics, because politics. Their job is to ban pop tarts and the breathing of air. OCCASIONALLY they decide to make space marine chapters, but then again everyone else does that on their own apparently and without their permission.

And the inquisitors are there for when you need to search all the sewers everywhere for cultists.

>>46445811
Pretty much everyone does this at this point. Officially only the highlords can make new space marine chapters, but there's literally nothing stopping someone with enough wealth from making their own damn chapters.
>>
>>46443165
They get their shit pushed in by Farsight, though
>>
>>46445868
What if their bowels are empty?
>>
>>46445842
>Pretty much everyone does this at this point. Officially only the highlords can make new space marine chapters, but there's literally nothing stopping someone with enough wealth from making their own damn chapters.

I suppose this is why they have the Minotaurs, to rub out the chapters they don't approve of?
>>
>>46445842
But what about laxatives? Have they decided on that yet?
>>
>>46445922
Nothing says "Exterminate other space marine chapters we don't like", like Army-wide Preferred Enemy: Space Marines. Yea, the Highlords would just send the Minotaurs to wreck your shit in if you make your own chapter of space marines, and go against the wishes of the imperium.. Or maybe piss them off too much.
>>
>>46445661
I'd be so happy if the Steel Confessors were a legitimate AdMech chapter. Oh so happy.

Why, I'd almost be happy enough to actually buy Spess Mehreens and make them my army, alongside some Skitarii and paint them in their colors, claiming them to be from Kalevala.
>>
>>46442759
What are the hardest air vehicles to take down?
>>
How do I scheme purple Sisters of Battle without it looking Slaaneshi or Saints Row?

Suggestions also welcomed.
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sisterp.php
>>
ugh, I started playing recently and went with tau, but now I'm kinda wishing I had gone with necrons.

Oh well.

anyone wanna give me $200
>>
File: 20160403_182631.jpg (657 KB, 1630x988) Image search: [Google]
20160403_182631.jpg
657 KB, 1630x988
I have a problem
>>
>>46446032
depends.Does your anti-air deny cover/jink saves?
If not, flying nurgle demon prince probably
>>
>>46445922
>>46445964

And anger some of the very forces that are keeping the Imperium together at the moment.
>>
File: sisters.jpg (120 KB, 511x807) Image search: [Google]
sisters.jpg
120 KB, 511x807
>>46446077
Pic related is how i paint mine. Black armor, purple cloth, gold trim/filigree

dont copy my design you fucking cheat
>>
>>46446092
Have you checked out this guy's channel on youtube?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxiD9eqmHiU
>>
Guys, I've DONE IT today! I played my first game against tau today.

It was my Pinion Company, led by MURDERWINGS and Ancient Valentine, up against a Retaliation Cadre. I fucking tabled him on turn 3. Valentine didn't earn his points back, but that didn't matter when he fucking ate all of my opponent's pathfinders like candy. MURDERWINGS ended up solo'ing a whole squad of broadsides, and the rest of my shooting phase saw two whole broadside teams dying a turn.
>>
>>46446092
Holy shit that big bommer is fucking sweet.
>>
>>46446077
I'd go for purple robes with either silver/white or grey/black armor. Avoid gold trim as well.

That should make it look more regal and less gaudy than the armor itself being purple.
>>
>>46446091
Sorry friend, you should have known that playing like a Space Commie Weab will never be fun!
>>
>>46446091
Shoot man, see if you can sell them, or keep them if you want, amd buy the Necron starter box to give you a taste of how they play.

Like I said in my earlier comment, >>46443839
They're good for beginners, and easy to paint, as well as their Start Collecting! box's special formation and rule makes them even more unkillable.

You can easily reach 491-501 points by only upgrading your Overlord, which you'll want to do by giving him the Warscythe and Ressurection Orb, and one of the Shrouds.
>>
File: Kabalite Warrior sketch.jpg (41 KB, 600x577) Image search: [Google]
Kabalite Warrior sketch.jpg
41 KB, 600x577
Hey DEldar players. Why don't I ever hear of people using Scourges with 4x blasters? Lots of people use Blasterborn in a venom or with a webway/blaster Archon, but that's way more expensive and doesn't seem to actually bring any additional benefits that are relevant to the point of having the blasters? (ie. Trueborn have an extra attack but who cares?) And a lot of people seem to use Haywire Blaster Scourges, which I can see being useful, but I haven't seen many lists with regular blasters.

Deep striking jump infantry with 4 blasters for 3/4 as much points seems like a better deal to me. Or are people mostly taking the Blasterborn so as to get the Venom as a dedicated transport?

Please let me know if I'm going full retard right now but I see no reason to take Blasterborn over Blaster-Scourges

In fact 4x Blaster in an infantry unit with deep strike seems like a more risky version of a Ravager, basically...
>>
>>46446313
Yeah. I like the tau so I don't want to sell them, but I'm starting to see they're a bit rough for a beginner. I guess I can drop another $70 or so on a starter box after I get my next paycheck
>>
>>46446077
is there something like this tool for other races/units?
>>
Where were you when Raven Guard got a better daemon weapon than Chaos?
>>
File: Untitled.png (139 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
139 KB, 400x500
>>46446114
>>46446203
This was my first attempt before checking for replies. I'll keep poking the painter with your guys' suggestions in mind. Thanks!
>>
Instead of storing geneseed to make new chapters/replenish chapters, why doesn't the Imperium just stasis full marines in regular tithes and let them recruit in greater numbers? Sort of like what the Steel Confessors did with their first Chapter Master.

Then when something happens, they instantly get combat ready marines to replace the fallen (bonus points for putting whole squads with their sergeants, so they are already used to fighting with each other). And if something especially dire happens (The Beast), it's just like, "Whoops, better unleash 20,000 guaranteed loyal marines from stasis to fight real quick, then put them back under."

Yeah, sure, the "new guy" is actually from a couple of millennia ago and doesn't really know his brothers that well yet, but run some training drills and a couple of extra scout-tier missions to get him caught up, and you're golden.
>>
>>46446378
> Raven Guard getting a better Daemon Weapon than chaos
Swiftstrike & Murder is the shit. MURDERWINGS is so good that he's literally an auto-take for me.
>>
>>46446418
Because of the heresy.
>>
>>46445606
>It helps a lot if you can show your friends the rules you're using whenever they need to see them.

I've never understood people who DON'T bring a copy of their Codices/FW books to the game. Literally what is the point of winning the game if you try to obscure the rules in your favor and don't let your opponent have any idea what he's up against? That's not a win, that's cheating.
>>
>>46446448
In regards to what? They are in stasis. The Chapter maintains the usual 1,000, and the AdMec or the Admin sends them reawakened marines when they need them (or wakes enough to found a new chapter when needed).
>>
>>46446418
Because then it's a question of where you keep them. If you keep them in a central location, then you've got a massive vault full of frozen marines, and it's going to be difficult to send them out where needed quickly.

If the Chapter keeps them on hand themselves, then what happens when they go renegade?

It's generally a bad idea to have that many marines under a single banner in case they go traitor. If you need more marines for a fight, you send multiple chapters.
>>
>>46446377
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/273790-the-bc-painters/

Only a bit of xenos there, but there are more xenos to try here.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/painter.jsp
>>
>>46446456
Sometimes it's just a matter of not always having the books on hand. I usually have them in .pdf form on my laptop, but sometimes I forget to bring it. On those days I'll play the forgeworld models with close friends, or people who have been playing with me long enough to already know the ins and outs of them. But otherwise the unknown stuff goes back in the case.

Usually my method is to have a laptop on a table, with all of the relevant .pdfs open.
>>
>>46446352
Well mate, the Necrons are Allies of Convience, last I checked, could be remembering wrong however, so if you want to use them both you could.

What's cool about Necrons is that you don't need to buy new paints if you don't want to, and can just use the paints you already have for your own Dynasty that you could fluff out for yourself.

Or you could buy some paints, and paint them in any scheme you want, if you wish.
>>
>>46446481
Because it relies on all those marines going back into stasis when you tell them too.
>>
>>46446482
I was thinking they'd store them either in the same place they store the tithed geneseed.
>>
>>46446525
It's not like you had forced it on them in the first place. I'd assume the chapters would have a choice in whom is put in stasis, and the candidates are willing - "For the good of the Chapter, the Imperium, and the Emperor."

Although, granted, I can't imagine what'd happen if someone's chapter went renegade and a stasis marine was reawkened only to find out his brothers are traitors. Could probably slap a healthy dose of grim dark and have all those stasis loyalists killed if their chapter goes renegade without them.
>>
>>46446539
Stored gene-seed is easy though. You don't need that much space to keep some glands in a jar.

For marines, you'r going to need multiple 10 foot tall tubes. Consider how many jars you could fit in the same space as a marine.
>>
Any recommendations for some fun last-stand modes? Friends have Tau, Crons, and Space Marines, and I want to know if I could use my Nids to do some kind of last-stand/wave survival games
>>
>>46446587
That's the inherent problem, if the chapter master goes renegade, all of those stasis marines are quite likely to go with him. Not to mention what happens if chaos gets into the stasis system.
>>
>>46444414
Good stuff anon! Head over to WIP and read some of the guides in the OP
>>
>>46446378
I never really looked at the RG stuff from Kauyon before, but holy fuck. They're perfect for Night Lords and Alpha Legion. Then you've got White Scars for Red Corsairs or Black Legion.

Fuck, if we can't get a new CSM codex, can we just get as many new Space Marine detachments as possible?
>>
>>46446603
>space is suddenly an issue in 40k
Let's be real here, anon. The Imperium has never had issues storing X bodies in a given place before. Hiveworlds are a prime example of them. The massive underground complexes listed in fluff stories are another sign. I can't imagine it would actually be that difficult to just expand the storage facilities.

>>46446636
Hence, killed without regards to their loyalty at the time of entering stasis. Perfectly grim dark.

>Not to mention what happens if chaos gets into the stasis system.
That was actually half of why I was thinking about this. Chaos entering a geneseed store ruins the entire batch instantly. Chaos can't do anything to people in stasis though. The Graven Spectres are indication of that.
>>
>>46446341
because you can get blasterborn for that, and those come with the benefit of buying you another slotless venom
not to mention your fast attack slots are cramped as shit, and haywire blasters are just too damn good to pass up, while regular blasters can be got practically anywhere
>>
>>46446779

But a RRD has 6 slots and at lower point levels the points efficiency is more important. But I guess the Venom point makes sense, although it's putting more points in one basket. On the plus side a Venom is slightly more survivable than Scourge in me experience and can at least hose down infantry.
>>
>>46446313
so the warscythe is preferable to the voidreaper?
>>
>>46446631
Each of them brings an HQ worth up to 250 points. They each gain Hit & Run (if they already had it they auto-pass) and get back up when dead on a 4+ at the start of each turn with an ally within 3".

I'd start with an OPFOR of sixty gaunts, split equally between the two types. Each unit returns when killed. Have bigger stuff start coming in starting on Turn 2, depending on what you have.
>>
>>46446901
Voidreaper takes up your relic slot.
>>
>>46446864
most RSR lists are running full or close to full fast attack slots, so the 3 units of scourges you would need to simulate blasterborn just arent available
>>
>>46443541
It irks me that there is NO difference between a generic vague CCW and a chainssword
You'd think they'd be more prolific?
Maybe make them AP6
>>
>>46446902
Sounds interesting enough. What's OPFOR, though?
>>
>>46446948
OPosing FORce.
>>
>>46446936

Yeah, fair enough I guess. A more important question then is what the fuck should I actually be doing with my HQ slot? Pretty much always seems to end up being useless or overpriced
>>
>>46446727
It'd still be easier to just use the marines you're making and make a new chapter with them. You'd always be able to find a use for marines.
>>
>>46447031
I play Space Marines, so usually my HQ slot is one of two things. Just a tax on the army that I have to pay for, or a slot for my BEATSTICK. This is generally the same deal for a lot of armies, in that you either spend as few points as possible in your HQ slot, or spend a lot of points on a single model in it so you can kill shit or not offer a free kill-point.

At minimum however, I would recommend that any army that can, should take at least a few relatively low cost upgrades for their HQ's.
>>
>>46447031
i always take an archon cause they're cool, but if you want to be competitive take a court of the archon with a lhamean and leave it at that, maybe buy her a venom
>>
>>46447007
Oh, alright. Sounds like a good idea. Thanks; I'll try it out. I'll try something like Gaunts -> Warriors -> Zoanthropes -> Carnifex
>>
File: tumblr_ljf0s5uvOL1qhslato1_500.jpg (103 KB, 415x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ljf0s5uvOL1qhslato1_500.jpg
103 KB, 415x600
>>46442792
>>46442820
>>46442956
>>46442987
>>46442996
>>46443016

Please explain for the uninitiated?
>>
>>46447164
unending rules debate about the wording and function of the know yer limitz rule from the blitz brigade formation
>>
What should I equip my Overlord with?

I currently have Warscythe, Res Orb, and The Veil of Darkness for my 500 point list, bringing my Retribution Phalanx at 491 points.

Is it acceptable to replace the Veil with the Nightmare Shroud, and bring it to 501 points, or is the 1 point too much?
>>
>>46447158
Zoanthrope Wave is going to wreck some shit unless they've got a Libby to try to stop the Warp Lance from just ID'ing people.

Which is fairly accurate to The Last Stand game mode.

A genestealer wave could be cool, especially if they pop up close to spook the team. I'd do more than one wave of warriors as well.
>>
File: tumblr_ljf0m5rycB1qhslato1_500.jpg (283 KB, 417x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ljf0m5rycB1qhslato1_500.jpg
283 KB, 417x600
>>46447224
A little more detail would be nice, since I plan on using the formation at some point. Have some more Blanche in return.
>>
>>46447095
>>46447100

The bullshit 10 pts Lhamean option seems so stupid to me. I guess it's a nice way to get a "free" slotless Venom but I wish GW would have made the Archon less shit. Can't even deepstrike anything useful with the Webway Portal if playing mono-DE.

I think I'll just stick with an Archon because, as noted, they're cool
>>
>>46447227
Is 501 greater than 500?
>>
>>46447252
Warriors would need to come with the gaunts unless you ignore synapse.
>>
>>46447252
>zoanthropes
>warp lances actually working
6 stages where the power can fail doesnt really scare me that badly
>>
>>46447275
Sorry, it's just that some of the guys I know allow 500 lists that are 1-2 points above, some don't.
>>
>>46447266

I don't play greenskins but apparently it says something like
>"You can't charge 1st turn"
And the BRB says that a turn is a player turn unless explicitly stated otherwise. So Ork players say, "This means if I go 2nd I can charge out of my transports on my first turn"

Then everyone else says that's stupid but since your codex is so hilariously shit the general agreement seems to be that most people will let you do it
>>
>>46447280
I would either ignore Synapse or throw solo warriors into the gaunt swarms a la Nobs.
>>
File: Nun_n'_Gun.jpg (157 KB, 792x900) Image search: [Google]
Nun_n'_Gun.jpg
157 KB, 792x900
sisters of battle reboot/new models when
>>
File: tumblr_ljf0qe1oxp1qhslato1_500.jpg (291 KB, 418x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ljf0qe1oxp1qhslato1_500.jpg
291 KB, 418x600
>>46447307
Thank you, anon.
>>
>>46447307
I like the phrasing that implies that the pro-Ork reading isn't 100% valid RaW or that only Ork players read it that way.
>>
Why is everyone in 40k either Emperor-damned angry at every, or flaming pants on head stupid?

Like really, the Imperium is so screwed sideways the Mechanics will never find a screwdriver big enough to fix it, the Eldar seem to think nobody can be trusted, Chaos is literal galactic cancer, Tau are so naive their own kind exploits them like cattle, and Orks can be summed up with the singular word of WAAAAAGH!!!

It feels awkward saying the murder-raping druged up elves seem laid back in comparison, and they're not too far off.

On that note, are there any good books involving Eldar or Dark Eldar as a major faction? I got through the Cain books recently and I've been looking for something other than GENESTEALERS and CHAOS!
>>
File: 1454568840664.png (586 KB, 777x662) Image search: [Google]
1454568840664.png
586 KB, 777x662
>>46447266
Here you go.

The only rebuttal to this is "this is stupid" and "that wasn't intended".
>>
>>46447252
True enough. None of em user psykers because they're pansies. Genestealer wave probably works, honestly. Solid idea. And maybe some nerfed biovores could work in place of the fex, if needed. Put some pressure, but don't just nuke the place.

I chaos lord/Sorcerer might be in there, too, so that would shake some things up, I guess.
>>
>>46447376
Realistically it boils down to this:
RAW: It's as clear as night and day, this is exactly what the rules say. Orks get to charge turn 1, but only if they go 2nd.
RAI: Fuck you, orks should stay shit, I don't want you charging my precious SPESHUL SNOWFLAKES on turn 1.

Obviously anyone who doesn't let the blitz brigade charge is an insufferable dick.
>>
>>46447376

That wasn't my point. My point was that it's 100% valid RAW because GW and FW can't write rules worth half of a chunk of shit, but RAW is fucking stupid. However, instead of rolling off for it most people will say "yeah, that's okay."

>>46447436

>If you don't let me win you're a dick, I JUST WANT TO WIN FOR ONCE FUCK

I hope you run Blitz Brigade and get that bullshit SM drop pod charge shit dropped on you every single time m8
>>
>>46447412
Make sure to stagger the gaunt waves out as they can easily bog down most HQ's.
>>
>>46447461
> Implying Orks actually win with blitz brigade to begin with
Found the Eldar player. Go back to sucking dicks please. Or ya' know, you can literally just counter the blitz brigade by deploying 6" or 12" away from No-Man's Land.
>>
File: tumblr_ljf0u2EOXN1qhslato1_500.jpg (297 KB, 413x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ljf0u2EOXN1qhslato1_500.jpg
297 KB, 413x600
>>46447461
>literally bullying the gimp kid with a gammy leg and no chin

Not nice to do
>>
>>46447461
Blitz Birgade changes nothing. If you've played against an Ork player and they've gone first, it's the exact same thing as Blitz Birgade going second.
>>
Are Sisters Repentia worth the points, or should I just go with another BS squad, or maybe dominions/retributors/celestians?
>>
>46447463
Yeah, I'll have to look at the specifics for the HQ's; I'm pretty sure they're mostly melee (Tau is Farsight), so I'll probably have to do a bit of homebrewing to balance everything out
>>
>>46447503
>> Implying Orks actually win with blitz brigade to begin with

Then why do you even care? If it's not going to make a difference why characterize everyone who disagrees with it as a WAAC dude trying to protect his snowflakes?

Go back to crying in the corner and fighting with CSM over who sucks more please. You fuckers shit up like 2 weeks' worth of threads in a row with this crap.
>>
So when are they going to go ahead an make everybody's 10 point upgrade sergeants two wounds like the Skitarii ones?
>>
>>46447584
My best friend left forever because of niggers like you. Fucking WAACfags killed the last ork player in Jacksonville.
>>
>>46447592
Same time they make Ork Nobz have a higher leadership than boys.
>>
>>46447547
also what is the point of celestians having an AoF that gives them a bonus to their assault strength? Surely they'd want to stay out of melee as much as possible?
>>
>>46447463
Yeah, I'll have to look at the specifics for the HQ's; I'm pretty sure they're mostly melee (Tau is Farsight), so I'll probably have to do a bit of homebrewing to balance everything out.

If he can get some buffs, that chaos sorcerer really could be useful, the more I think out it. I might have to play for both sides.
>>
>>46447584
>implying there would be a problem if retards like you didn't try to argue it every time it comes up
Blitz Brigade charges are RaW sound, and change nothing other than letting the orks pretend they go first all the time. There's no reason for you babies to bitch and moan about it.
Orks definitely have it worse than us CSM. At least I get to wreck face with by Battle Brother Tzeentch Daemons until the Fall.
>>
>>46447616
As a non-Ork player, I always assumed they did. That's retarded.
>>
File: tumblr_ma3qoxsfzU1qhslato1_500.jpg (102 KB, 500x746) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ma3qoxsfzU1qhslato1_500.jpg
102 KB, 500x746
Let's talk about orks
Do you prefer the old look of orks, or the new modern look?
What do you think about the different style of heads you see on models such as Flash Gits compared to the older range?
What is your favorite ork model?
>>
>>46447611

>Complains about people "killing" things
>Unironically posts "niggers"

I bet you're from /pol/, fuck off please. Also,
>Implying people who don't use RAW interpretations to get every possible advantage are the WAACfags

kek

>>46447637

I wasn't trying to argue it until the Orkfag started crying over how I supposedly implied it wasn't RAW-compliant...
>>
File: blitz brigade.png (6 KB, 427x91) Image search: [Google]
blitz brigade.png
6 KB, 427x91
>>46447164
>>
>>46447461
Anon, it's Orks. If GW made stats for a newborn kitten that kitten would be able to table Ork armies easily.
>>
>>46443269 back again
I thought I would type out what I plan on building for 1500 now that I have decided on a chapter and can add to my 1000pt core.

Steel Confessors/Iron Hands
1475/1500(those 25 will be meltabombs and auspex where I need them I suppose)

Armoured Task Force - 605

Techmarine - 100
>Servo-harnes, space marine bike
Predator - 155
>Las Cannon, Twin Linked Lascannon, Storm Bolter, Hunter-killer Missle
2 Thunderfire Cannons - 100 each
2 Whirlwinds - 70 each
>storm bolter on each

Combined Arms Detachment - 880

Librarian - 120
>lvl 2, Combi-grav, Force Sword, Space Marine Bike
Command Squad - 200
>Apothecary, 4 Veterans w/ Grav Guns, all on Space Marine Bikes
Venerable Dreadnought - 160
>Multimelta, Powerfist, Drop Pod
2 units of 10 Tactical Marines - 195 each
>Meltagun, Combi-melta, Rhino

So how do I look?
Since the Escalation League I am joining next week start at 1000 and goes up 250 every 2 weeks I think I may need to look into a flier for myself (I am thinking of a Stormraven).
Apparently points will cap at 2000pts
As I said before my friend who got me into 40k plays both Ad Mech books and is very happy with my choice of chapter.
He was suprised he hadn't thought of it!
What are some other good Iron Hand units I should look into.
Centurians and a LandRaiderlook right up my alley and someday one of the bad ass forgeworld tanks as well.
>>
>>46447677
Maybe you shouldn't have implied that. Maybe you should've just admitted that it's definitely RaW compliant instead of separating the clauses, giving the impression that it wasn't clearly the case.

This is entirely on you and your ilks' heads.
>>
>>46447800

Yeah, how dare people write ambiguously? I bet that could really cause problems, hey? It might even make people needlessly mad. I bet some idiots would even try to say that you should look at what was intended instead of what was written. Ha, ha, stupid idiots!

:^)
>>
>>46447789
Drop the hunter killer missile to take some kind of upgrades on the dreadnoughts. Having one shot at S8 AP3 is kind of shit when you really should have a weapon upgrade of some kind on the dreadnought, that takes advantage of the cheaper Dreadnought Weapons. Maybe something like a Heavy Flamer?

Or upgrade the drop pod to have a Deathstorm. That way your opponent cannot safely ignore the pod, since it'll pose a threat to things.
>>
>>46447854
hey at least they are still using the core rulebook instead of a homebrew like some tournaments

:^)
>>
File: FUCKINGHERETICS.jpg (20 KB, 326x183) Image search: [Google]
FUCKINGHERETICS.jpg
20 KB, 326x183
>>46447854
> :^)
Fucking niggeroid faggot mongol, get the fuck off of this board and go kill yourself. I don't fucking care how, but you've overstayed your welcome.

I'm fucking ashamed of even considering myself to be in the same species as a cock guzzling faggot such as yourself. You need to die faster, because every second of your existence increases my risk of sharing the same air molecules tainted by your cock-filled lungs. And by extension both making me more of a faggot, and reducing my IQ by however few points you had to begin with.
>>
>>46445557

RAW there's absolutely nothing wrong with an immobile model having Scout. Scout is not movement; it's a redeployment. There's a Skitarii detachment that has a Fortification slot and everything in the detachment gets Scout, so you can absolutely have a Bastion that shoots 6 inches across the board before the game begins.
>>
>>46447877
Do I want my dreadnaught with ranged stuff? I was told that dreadnaughts are meant to drop in, pop some armour and be a nuisance before dying.

I could always drop it to a regular dread for more points but I have 25 pts to work with right now . The missile was mostly so my better weapons don't get destroyed.

My original thought was to have my dreadnaught as a mobile fuck you platform with two autocannons but apparently that isn't how you use them.
>>
>>46447942

Calm down, friend. This is a mature board, and in all honesty I was probably here before you were :^)
>>
File: FamilyDinner.jpg (87 KB, 1125x540) Image search: [Google]
FamilyDinner.jpg
87 KB, 1125x540
>>46447942
Hey anon, do you lift and play Imperial Guard?

Maybe just let them do them and just ignore them besides being triggered to outer space.
>>
>>46447963
OH SHIT
>>46447942
You just gonna take that?
>>
File: CHANGELING.png (58 KB, 245x266) Image search: [Google]
CHANGELING.png
58 KB, 245x266
>>46447992
NO CHANGELING! NO TAMPERING!
>>
>>46447992
>>46447985
>>46447985

There's only so far I can be triggered, and my rage has already made mankind's first steps on mars. There's also only a finite amount of my rage that can be congealed into a crystaline form for posting on this board, such that the english language literally cannot convey that much rage.

I'm willing to bet that if Angron were to meet me, his only possible response would be "DAMN SON, YOU NEED TO CHILL".
>>
>>46448050
No I think he'd call you "son".
>>
>>46447547
>>46447618
Celestians are an assault squad, that's why they have an additional attack in their profile and their AoF is gaining Furious Charge. They're our "well rounded" assault squad, the option if you want to take sisters instead of leather slaves or conclave squad.

Repenta are generally more killy if you can deliver them to their target safely, which is difficult without allying for a assault transport.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Adepta_Sororitas%287E%29
>>
File: DoIt.jpg (277 KB, 1136x811) Image search: [Google]
DoIt.jpg
277 KB, 1136x811
>>46448050
Give in to your anger, Anon. Let it consume your and make bloody offerings to Chaos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vljHBXA3UKE
>>
>>46447657

I still remember the first time I put my Dread Mob down against a player who'd never faced Orkanauts before.

>Oh damn Anon, two super-heavies?! How am I going to stop that?
>>
>>46448126
Why doesn't Chaos have dragons?
>>
>>46443470
I think what you meant to say is

>tfw next Ork codex Meganobs have no save
>>
File: Heldrake.png (954 KB, 822x662) Image search: [Google]
Heldrake.png
954 KB, 822x662
>>46448150
Are you unsatisfied?
>>
>>46448129

After so many times of people assuming the Orkanauts were superheavies, I started to get a T-Shirt that says "It's not a muthafucking Super Heavy!" with "It's a Walker!" on the back.
>>
>>46448172
I guess I'm more referring to the Chaos Daemons codex specifically, and how there's not really that much variety of Daemons under each god. There's like 5 each, which I think really undercuts how many different Chaos entities there would be.
>>
File: Untitled.png (265 KB, 533x500) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
265 KB, 533x500
>>46446077
>>46446416

Another attempt and-a-half, based on the feedback. One side has black gloves and boots, the other purple. Unsure which I prefer at this point.

I love gold and purple too much so I went for a much whiter gold as a sort of compromise of that and suggestions.
>>
>>46448183
Damn son, now I kinda want to commission t-shirts like that and sell them to 40kfags
>>
>>46447957
Stay venerable for Multimelta (don't want to miss your big shot), but spend the 10 points to swap its storm bolter for a heavy flamer, so it can do a mischief to some infantry as well if given the chance.
>>
>>46448223

Honestly I am really digging the 1st attempt. I'm not sure if it would transfer onto an actual physical model nearly as well, but that looks really good imo
>>
>>46448231

If you think you can then go for it.

Satirical(?) T-shirts sell better than one may think.
>>
>>46448223
2b looks better to me, the white gold contrasts better in my opinion, as well as the purple robe being easier on the eyes.
>>
>>46448277
Also just noticed that they are different shades of purple, with some black in it. I like it, honestly.

Think it'd be annoying to paint, however.
>>
>>46443923
>>46448172
I would love to see a loyalist/non chaos version of the helldrake for skitarii and mechanicus. maybe have it done up like an Ornithopter or go more along the lines of the flyers from John Carter of Mars since GW took a few cues from that movie for the weaponry. make it open topped and have a transport capacity so i can rain radium hellfire down upon my foes

alternatively flying saucers ala the movie "Mars Attacks" so i can quote " Ack Ack! Ack Ack Ack!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMdC45S79uQ
>>
>>46448362
If it was for Skitarii, I'd play them in a heartbeat.

I love how the Heldrake looks, but I'm actually a Necron player, and I'm not really fond of Chaos.
>>
>>46448362
>I would like the exactly one unique thing CSM have to go to the loyalists, pls.
>>
>>46447611
There are at least 4 of us ork players left in central florida anon . But I do have to admit, my tau have seen more table time recently. I don't mind losing close games, but getting curbstomped repeatedly will never be fun, cant say i blame your friend
>>
>>46448223
Attempt the 1st, and your army will pop more and feel more vibrant on the tabletop.
Attempt the 2nd to have a more somber army that can be all grim and dark.
>>
>>46448407
If there are more of you guys, I haven't seen anyone. Ross was pretty much the only ork player I've ever met, and he quit the game.

At least I had my first ever game against a Tau Player today, after I don't know how much time of asking people for games on fridays and sundays. It was a nice change of pace from playing non-stop games against the same ork and chaos players.
>>
>>46448479
It's your time to rise, Anon. Be the Ork player you want to see. If no one else will WAAAGH, then you must make them.
>>
>>46448591
I play space marines, are you suggesting I run my space marines in the orkiest ways I possibly can? Because I can do that. I can just run 6 dreadnoughts and pretend they're Deff Dreads, and have them support a 10-man footslogging terminator squad, with the entire rest of my army consisting solely of assault marines.

Although without access to cheap assault transports, it'll be pretty odd.
>>
>>46448669
This is like the complete opposite of a comment in the last thread, where we joked all non-Eldar and Tau must use the Space Marine codex.

Especially Orks and Tyranids.
>>
>>46448479
Our group is usually pretty good about no WAAC players, but our shop is about an hour north of the villages so the guys are just happy to find some games, living near one of the largest retirement communities in america is bad for /tg/ related activities
>>
>>46448704
This is actually a legitimately good idea. I've on more than one occasion suggested that Sisters of Battle players just use the Space Marine Codex, and pretend that the fluff has always supported the idea of female space marines.

Either that or just claim that sisters of battle are so hardcore in their faith in the emperor, that it outright gives them the statline of a space marine.

>>46448707
Wait, just where are you in florida, in relation to jacksonville? The FLGS I go to is on roosevelt, like a 1 minute drive away from the NASJAX navy base.
>>
>>46448704
It's a dark times for a person like me who only has two medium-small size armies of CSM and Nids. Dark times, indeed.
>>
>>46448777
Your trips say that you must play Tyranids who have devoured so many Ultramarines that they have started following the Codex Astartes.
>>
File: Malal[1].jpg (92 KB, 306x498) Image search: [Google]
Malal[1].jpg
92 KB, 306x498
>>46448212
There are unaligned warpspawn in lore. There were chaos dragons in WHFB, so you can always just convert your own dragony dudes for your favorite god.

Visually:
Khorne embodies devils and beasts(men).
Tzeench embodies amorphism and birds.
Nurgle embodies zombies and carrion-feasters.
Slaanesh embodies humanity and... the chimeric? (Slaaneshi things are easily the least describable of the four.)

Malal had the dragon features, his head especially, that three-eyed fucker. His design aspects show skull-heads and human instinctual-fears.
>>
>>46448777
Ocala. Its about an hour south of gainsville
>>
>>46448816
Holy shit, this is an amazing idea. Someone(Possibly me, once I get a job) needs to make a 'nids army that consists entirely of Warriors painted in the Ultrasmurf colours, and have carnifexes converted into rhinos. Then have it use the space marines codex.
>>
Anyone got Adepticon results yet?
>>
Anyone want to help fluff my Necrons?

>>46439814
>>
>>46448869
I'LL CALL IT. HIVE FLEET GARGAMEL.

GUYS, WE NEED PICTURES OF HIVE FLEET GARGAMEL NOW.
>>
>>46448869
You mean Rhinos converted into Carnifexes, right?

Once you do, tell us all about it, and see if anyone actually lets you do it. I would if not for the fact that I just bought Necrons, paints, and a whole lot of other stuff.

>>46448887
The "Chaos" version could be Hive Fleet Azrael.

If onyl Azrael wasn't being used already by the DA.
>>
>>46448887
>not Hive Fleet Perseus
Do you even ultranids?
>>
>>46448095
Ah. For some reason I thought celestians were a ranged focused unit. I guess in retrospect that was kind of dumb. Probably my dawn of war knowledge leaking.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 640x546) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 640x546
>>46448941
Not him, but I prefer Gargamel.

They'd be fighting Ultrasmurfs with their ow tactics!
>>
>>46447384
Path of the Dark Eldar Books are money.
Path of the Eldar is pretty shit though
>>
>>46448876
Nope.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.