[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #770: CHAOS edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46428469
>>
File: Shinigami_Soul.jpg (158 KB, 1200x883) Image search: [Google]
Shinigami_Soul.jpg
158 KB, 1200x883
What does your soul look like, Jumpers?
>>
Burgli has a Nightmare in Dreamland.

http://pastebin.com/wQ0kTWfm
>>
>>46442394
Currently, a Strawberry SOUL from Undertale surrounded by Seven SOULS in the Colours of the Neathbow, and one Brownish Red one that was put into my Inside Out Self for safekeeping.
>>
File: 5848392.jpg (24 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
5848392.jpg
24 KB, 600x300
>>46442394
>>
File: Heaven's Lost Property 0.5.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Heaven's Lost Property 0.5.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Straight from the changelog:

0.5: Tweaked the prices of Angelroid companion perks, added a line to Rule Breaker, spread discounts to Drop-Ins, expanded Hacking Field and Medusa, removed ‘Don’t Hurt Me’ and added ‘Jumper MELAN’ in its place from drawbacks. Added a note regarding in-series power levels compared to Angelroid perks at time of writing.
>>
File: meta hammer.png (658 KB, 564x516) Image search: [Google]
meta hammer.png
658 KB, 564x516
>>46442394
>>
DDS anon are you keeping the current not drop-in origin that gives you memories and a history in the word as Sera's sibling like in the WIP? Please?

Also someone had a neat idea for the no memories drawback last thread.
>>
>>46442619
>Tweaked the prices of Angelroid companion perks, added a line to Rule Breaker, spread discounts to Drop-Ins, expanded Hacking Field and Medusa, removed ‘Don’t Hurt Me’
Can you expand on these?

Also, I like how you completely ignored that you had five or so people tell you outright they wanted a way to be able to stay relevant to the plot. I mean, you can't dismiss it as 'one shitposter' at that point. At that point, you are purposefully ignoring criticism.
>>
>>46442760
>indulge my death wish!

That's how you sound.
>>
>>46442794
Isn't the entire point of asking for a way to stay relevant that you specifically want instantly die for being involved in the plot?
>>
>>46442824
>want
don't want to
>>
>>46442824
>I "can" fight these entities.
>Therefore I "have to."
>Thus, my death wish must be indulged.

There is nothing wrong with not going after the BBEG.
>>
>>46442531
D'awwww.
>>
>>46442876
There's something wrong with not being able to get involved in the plot.
>>
>>46442876
There is a pretty big difference between picking a fight with the main villain day 1 and hitting up the main characters and doing shit with them, jackass.
>>
File: sburb.png (8 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
sburb.png
8 KB, 256x256
Hello, Generic Sburb anon here... Currently having trouble thinking of what the capstones should be for Drop-In and Harley/English. Does anyone have suggestions for those?
>>
>>46442979
Mind giving us what you've got so far so we can get a good feel for what you're going for?
>>
So I just wanted to check; is it going to be stepping on Marvel Anon's toes if I include Magneto's anti-telepathy helmet? Because it's a pretty big part of the movies and works well as an item, but I don't want to start shit.
>>
>>46442979
For Drop In, IIRC it is based on the Egbert/ Crocker Line, so you may want to have something based on getting powers from artifacts based on Jane's foray into Trickster mode and John putting his arm into the Plot Hole and getting his retcon powers. I can't really think of much for Harley/ English, sorry about that.
>>
>>46443264
Not sure on Marvel Anon, but I say include it if you think it's that deserving of a place in the jump.
>>
>>46443306
>retcon powers
Isn't this a bit much?
>>
>>46442794
You know with the talk of how powerful this bad guy is, can I prank the ever loving shit out of him? Just spend 10 years making his life miserable. Possibly framing his underlings for painting his bed room plaid or loosening all the salt shakers.
I feel like if at the end of the 10 years he is having high blood pressure problems and randomly obliterating minions out of paranoia I have won.
>>
>>46443264
It's fine, just because something shows up in another jump doesn't mean you cant include it. Now putting something in a jump that doesn't belong that is in another jump is a dick move but the helmet was actually a pretty important little thing.
>>
>>46443335
This is an admirable goal.
>>
File: Die Demon.jpg (105 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Die Demon.jpg
105 KB, 1920x1080
>>46442367 >CHAOS
>>46442394
>>46442619
Pic related to all of the above.
>>
File: The Hangover- Sburb Edition.gif (61 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
The Hangover- Sburb Edition.gif
61 KB, 650x450
>>46443328
I didn't say you should just get retcon powers, I was thinking of luck when it comes to finding artifacts that would give you powers, and it being less likely to backfire as horribly as trickster mode did.
>>
>>46443168
Ofcourse, anon. Here is most of the perk stuff I have for now, through not everything is typed out yet. It's... a pretty rough draft for now.

http://pastebin.com/xzfXGmSA

>>46443306
That could work, yes... Not sure how through.

>>46443328
No, that kind of unlimited retcon powers are clearly far too much. not a bit.

>>46443381
Hm, that might work well, yes?
>>
>>46443349
Also would he be vulnerable to time stopping powers. Not because I want to do anything but draw penises on his face. I feel that is a key part of my plan.
>>
So, do anti- evil effects from castlevania affect forces of chaos (daemons, cultists, etc.)
>>
>>46443493
Yes. Dracula is the avatar of the god of Chaos, his brand of evil is tied directly to the idea of Chaos.
>>
>>46443465
Probably. Go for it. Minos himself is honestly a complete pushover once you get past his mooks and security since all we've seen him do is brandish an energy spear like the egotistical moron he is.

An almost completely unpowered Tomoki, a contender for 'least interesting and capable protagonist in history', who has zero combat experience in any shape or form had no real issue with him. It's part of the reason why this 'involvement with the plot' complaint confuses and annoys me.
>>
>>46443596
>Someone asks you for to clarify on what exactly changed in the update.
>Gets ignored.
>>
>>46443596
>It's part of the reason why this 'involvement with the plot' complaint confuses and annoys me.
You yourself said that the big players will instantly erase you from existence.
>>
>>46443674
No he didn't. He said that they were completely incapable of just erasing you from existence. There's a perk for it and everything. Did you read the jump?
>>
>>46443428
>Drop In Free Perk
Heir Conditioning?
>Strider/ Lalonde Free Perk
Coolkid
>Grimdarkness
No suggestions, I just wanted to tell you that it's pretty awesome.
>Lowblooded -400cp Perk
Mobius Double Reacharound
>Highblood Free Perk
Irons in the Fire
Finally, does purchasing God Tier give your companion the ability to go god tier, or do they have to purchase it separately?
>>
>>46443596
*Sigh* I may have to take this jump... which means watching the anime... just so I can troll the villain... actually I may troll the heroes too... and the minions. Screw it everyone gets trolled. My companions will believe I have gone quite mad but I am going to enjoy myself.
>>
>>46443694
No, that perk says they don't notice you right away.
>>
>>46443752
>Unique Data Signature: Synapse has a powerful hold on Earth and its population. They can casually write people in and out of existence, change Earth's history, and even project themselves as avatars into human bodies with new memories and history with nobody being any wiser. But not you. Synapse cannot edit your history, mind, or any of your possessions, nor indirectly affect you using similar technology.
>This doesn't stop an Angelroid armed with continent-leveling weapons from trying to kill you, but you at least have a chance to defend yourself instead of being at the mercy of some cosmic text editor. This is jump-specific and doesn't carry over to future jumps

Nope. You're immune. You can be killed, but you can't just be erased.
>>
>>46442445
I can't stop reading this.
I adore Burgli and I was a plush version of him.

>>46442394
Probably quite odd, but what it looks like would depend on the universe one views it through.
>>
>>46443789
They can send their army of angels after you the jump for some reason doesn't let you compare to.
>>
>>46443825
>not making your own angel army
>>
>>46443835
With the stuff from the jump?
>>
>>46443825
Sure, but now you're changing the goal posts. The question wasn't whether they could kill you, it was whether they could erase you from existence.
>>
File: slann business opportunities.png (109 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
slann business opportunities.png
109 KB, 370x370
>>46443835
>not making an army of lizards
>>
>>46443851
Getting seared into nothing with a laser is being erased from existence, defense force.
>>
>>46443860
Aren't those literal angel lizards now?
>>
>>46443697
Those names seem fitting... and somewhat obvious in retrospect. Thank you.

>No suggestions, I just wanted to tell you that it's pretty awesome.
Excellent. Thanks.

>Finally, does purchasing God Tier give your companion the ability to go god tier, or do they have to purchase it separately?
Your doomed timeline clone would get it, since they get every perk you get from this jump.

I'm not sure on whether purchasing God Tier unlocks it for normal imported companions... I'm leaning towards yes, through I might just discount it for companions if you brought it.
>>
>>46443868
With that said, it's really no different than taking on 40K or SoaSE or Fairy Tail before you're ready.
>>
>>46443843
Yeah, actually. Person of Interest and Favor of Heaven from the Drop In tree would let you recruit an army of Angelroids, while Tools of Daedalus from the Synapse Resident tree would let you build your own.
>>
>>46443868
Yep, that sure is some great goal post-shifting you're doing there. Keep at it and you'll barely have to kick the ball at all to score a point.
>>
>>46443899
Pretty sure Fairy Tail allows you to build yourself stronger so you don't instantly become irrelevant and die during the story.
>>
>>46443902
That first combo wouldn't work if you're working against Synapse, which you would be.

The second one specifically prevents you from building the Pandora System, meaning your Angels cannot stand up to theirs who will be much stronger. They can also just instantly delete them.
>>
>>46443948
And so does this jump. You can be exactly as strong as the main protagonist, and he does fine. This is not a dangerous setting. I get that it might look like one to you, but it's really not. Yes, there are continent-busting weapons, but no one's going to use them. It's like calling a setting based on the real world a dangerous setting, because the real world has weapons that can destroy entire continents.
>>
>>46443948
Asura's Wrath - the perks available don't let you get to Asura the Destructor, meaning you can be killed easily by Gohma Vlitra or Chakravartin.
>>
>>46444005
No, no you can't. It specifically cripples you so you can't.

>It's not dangerous if you're not involved in the plot.
Missing the point.

>>46444008
>I can quote an example of bad jump design.
Congrats. Do you want me to use Animal Crossing as a metric for what's okay now?
>>
>>46443697
>>46443897
I'm not sure giving people God-tier is a good idea. Can't those guys turn entire sets of planets into billiard ball-sized objects or flip the bird to causality?
>>
>>46444037
>Asura's Wrath
>bad Jump design
>>
>>46444037
Anon, I am squarely on the side of removing the nerf.

But you are being retarded now.
>>
>>46444067
For what? Not liking that jump?
>>
>>46444037
>No, no you can't. It specifically cripples you so you can't.
The main character doesn't have the Pandora System, bucko. He's just an ordinary human teenaged boy. And he survives just fine. Even with being the target of the villains that have the continent-busters, he doesn't get continent-busted. So yeah, you can be involved in the plot and it won't be that dangerous.
>>
>>46444043
>turn entire sets of planets into billiard ball-sized objects
That was with added first guardian powers, which are explicitly banned.
>flip the bird to causality
That was with a Juju, which you wouldn't be able to access unless you take the endgame scenario.
>>
>>46444084
He has someone who does protecting him, 'bucko'.
>>
>>46444100
And it just bans you from having it, sugerbell. So, you know, get one of those people who has it to protect you. You're not that anon who was bitching and screaming about how having to rely on other people means you're weak and pathetic, are you?
>>
File: rokuno.jpg (51 KB, 600x839) Image search: [Google]
rokuno.jpg
51 KB, 600x839
Hey /jc/, been a while. I noticed I missed Anon asking the production rate of Cortex Command cloning tanks a couple threads ago, so here is your answer if you are still wondering:

TradeStar keeps a backlog of the various clone types it has for sale, so buying them takes as long as the transport does. If you've got a nice landing zone on hand, that's less than a minute. Worse conditions make a drop take longer or prohibit it all together. TradeStar will bill you for transports lost to hot-drops.
If you're running a imported Tech that requires exotic materials, you'll need to supply TradeStar with said materials for them to do this work (TradeStar airdrops can also pick up goods in-game, so buying some standard item and handing off the materials then works quite well).

Monopoly Breaker's a little more involved. The only time we ever see such a shop in operation, it has a few tanks that each pump out a culled clone every few seconds. I don't remember exactly, so lets say 30. Thing is, Culled Clones are really, really shitty. They're only really good for swarm tactics and are blatantly deformed. Think zombie-level hideous. For a healthy (aside from being brainless) human clone, it's probably closer to five minutes. If you've got something exotic mixed in there, considerably longer.
If your creation is larger than human size, you're going to need to fundamentally retool the process and all bets are off on necessary duration. I have no clue.

>>46442394
Pic related.
>>
>>46444037
What's wrong with Animal Crossing?
>>
>>46444043
No. The planets into billiard balls is done in Homestuck, but the one God Tier on that level is hopped up on First Guardian power, which is ridiculously overpowered and on another level entirely, and is specifically banned for this jump.

Causality is still an issue with with Time players. Only john gets to ignore it, and that's because he gets super special retcon powers from an artifact, which you won't even have a chance of getting without taking the canon end jump option.
>>
>>46444154
He's probably referring to the original version that tera/bancho made. It wasn't very good.
>>
>>46444130
So the only way to be relevant in the plot is to hide under Icarus' ass.

>>46444154
Look at it.
>>
>>46444154
It's fine now thanks to Young Justice anon, but it was originally done by bancho/tera and it was awful.
>>
>>46444175
I'd actually say that causality is more a problem for Time players than it is for anyone else. Their entire shtick is going around making sure causality doesn't get fucked up, they're responsible for dealing with all the messes that the rest of the game and players make.
>>
>>46444136
How are you doing?
>>
>>46444214
Rather well, thank you for asking.
>>
>>46444193
>So the only way to be relevant in the plot is to hide under Icarus' ass.
Got it, you are the moaner. Well, I'm sorry to hear that, honeyblossom. I don't think we're going to have a productive conversation, we proved last time that we're too different in what we think makes for an entertaining jump. So have a nice night, darling.
>>
>>46444093
>>46444175
And what exactly is keeping us from getting either of those things?
>>
>>46444288
Them being explicitly banned by the Jump, the same way you can't get wishes in Adventure Time or the Groundhogs day spell in Mushoku Tensei.
>>
>>46444314
Ah, so the dick move.
>>
>>46444267
Or maybe we don't all want to be like Red who breaks out in hives at the idea of being able to fight the plot.
>>
>>46444267
I think some of us would like choices beyond just hiding under Icarus, anon. Is that unreasonable to you?
>>
>>46444347
Welp, take a drink everybody. Our shitposter brings up "Oh my god nerfbitch Red" without that person even being involved.
>>
>>46444267
>>46444347
Why does it feel as if both of you are shitposting nancies?
>>
>>46444369
See >>46444360

I'm not the guy bringing up Red. Sorry anon.
>>
>>46444360
I've told you before why I think that's not the only option, flutter-biscuit. But you didn't seem to get it then, so it's not really worth getting into again. Let's just agree that this conversation isn't going to go anywhere, and drop it, okay? I think the rest of the thread is getting fed up with us.
>>
http://pastebin.com/pveXvJsn

The duel of destiny. Can Burgli survive against Aeon Calcos?
>>
>>46444288
They're banned by jumpmaker fiat, as mentioned. And besides, you wouldn't be able to find them anyway, since you're not in canon, but in a generic session that contains neither.

>>46444343
Maybe. If it makes you feel better, you /can/ get them... If you're willing to take the End Jump scenario to go to Homestuck proper. Sort of like Gurren Lagann, and such.
>>
>>46444385
They both are being just, the shittiest and shitposters.

One wants to be given cosmic power to fight the one, maybe two powerful characters in the entire series, because how dare he not be the most powerful in any jump this is absurd he pays top dollar for these jumps.

The other's being a complete prick by going to the other extreme, and saying "WELL JUST HIDE BEHIND ANOTHER CHARACTER'S MINI-SKIRT, TOOTIE-FROOTIE," and being a completely condescending and smug fuckbucket.
>>
>>46444418
Oh man, oh man. I haven't looked forward to a new chapter of a story this much since the latest Johannes Cabal book.

I really want to see Burgli run through Crypt of the Necrodancer.
>>
>>46444483
You're going to kill me but I haven't played Crypt of The Necrodancer. Although I am thinking of getting it, it looks super neat. When I eventually play it, I'll throw him in there.
>>
>>46444412
Sure, I'm willing to stop talking with you. I was mainly responding to what the jumpmaker said in the first place.
>>
>>46444529
Stop trying to get the last word in.
>>
>>46444527
Nah, no murder will be required. At least you've heard of it, which is more than most people. It really is a lot of fun to play. I keep it installed and I pick it up whenever I want a break from more serious games.
>>
>>46444369
Doesn't stop it from being the truth, Red's jumps are even worse. How much you want to bet she's responsible for shitting up the jump?
>>
What are the rules for created children in jump? As in you sat down with magic for years and figured out how to play god in the most blatant manner. Do they count as companions? and would inherent abilities carry over?
>>
File: laughing bender.gif (957 KB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
laughing bender.gif
957 KB, 288x198
>>46444668
>Macross, Resident Evil, Bayonetta, Indiana Jones
>bad
>>
>>46444668
Please put yourself out of our misery.
>>
>>46444668
I'm being baited.
I'm being baited, and didn't realize it holy shit.

Welp. You win this one anon. Holy shit I feel a special kind of dumb for not realizing you're That Guy.

Enjoy nursing a two-year-old grudge. Gotta wonder how life is for you if that's what you cling to so dearly.
>>
>>46444727
They count as companions. It's in the additional rules pastebin.
>>
>>46444735
>>46444733
>>46444732
I would like to clarify again that the anti-Red shitposter is not me, the person who was originally complaining about Heaven's Missing Junk.
>>
>>46444732
>>46444733
>>46444735
Please don't take the bait, guys.

He's done this for two years straight, how have you fucks not learned how to deal with him.
>>
>>46444766
He's anon, so he can't be filtered.
>>
>>46444776
You don't need to filter to just mentally block a fucker.
>>
>>46444766
/jc/ has been around for over two years?! HOLY FUCK! I'VE BEEN HERE FOR TWO FUCKING YEARS! AAAAAHH
>>
>>46444764
Not convinced, but we've got 24 posters in thread. So I'll take your post seriously for now.
>>
>>46444627
Well, aside from Crypt of the Necrodancer, do you want me to throw him somewhere else?
>>
>>46442445
>Nightmare in Dreamland
Well, that went to dark places at the end. And woah, it looks awfully like he HK'd an MC towards the end there...
>>
>>46444818
hell, it debuted in CYOA threads in the summer of 2013
>>
>>46444764
Huh.... well all that time spent making Jack Spicer able to survive millennia in jump was unnecessary. Whatever it lead to cool stuff so no regrets. Thanks anyway anon.
>>
>>46444818
How the fuck did /jc/ survive going on for 2 years?
>>
How many Vows and Limitations can a Nen Technique typically possess?
>>
>>46444891
Muppet Treasure Island. Or Imaginary Friend.
>>
>>46444973
Constant content production. Constant Jump discussion.

And our collective refusal to die.
>>
>>46444973
I think salt can be used as a preservative.
>>
>>46444988
As many as you want. You could make it super ultra-specialized and have huge costs to it, but get incredible power in the process. You probably won't use it more than once, though.
>>
>>46444973
It was preserved in alcohol.
>>
>>46444827
If it helps I'll say that I generally like Red as a person.
>>
>>46445060
You really shouldn't. She parades herself around until someone dares to call her out on her bullshit, then turtles up until her fans rush to defend her.

The sooner she gives up her projects and sits on a shark's face, the better.
>>
>>46445060
Shes ok most of the time. The problem is she can be way too quick to take offense.
>>
>>46444136
Not the Anon who asked, but thankyou anyway, that's cool info to know.

just added it to my steam wishlist
>>
>>46445060
>>46445134
>>46445186
Really guys.

Srsly. Are we srsly doing this.
>>
>>46445197
Glad to be of service.

Hearts and minds, muahahaha!
>>
>>46445347
I'm not. I wanted to clear something up because there is nothing that makes your opinion lose validity than having a shitposter agree with you. Now I'm going back to videogames since Heaven won't even tell me in depth what he changed this update.
>>
File: antispiralcooking.jpg (138 KB, 900x665) Image search: [Google]
antispiralcooking.jpg
138 KB, 900x665
>>46442394
An infinite expanse of white light that reality itself bends before. Sealed beneath massive cardinalities of metastructures to prevent its' immeasurable, irresistable power from creating and destroying worlds by its' very nature.

>>46442445
Burgli meets the Slann('s remnants) in Warhammer Fantasy Battle when?
>>
>>46444988
As many as you want but just remember that the Nen Power is yours. It knows if you're bullshitting it.

If you have a power that can only be used on rainy days then you've got a pretty decent restriction based on weather conditions.

However, if you can easily make it rain with a snap of your fingers ala a feat, perk or power then its not much of a limitation/restriction.
>>
I asked before, but what is Almighty damage in SMT? Is it basically Holy damage? Is it any kind of damage that ignores conventional defences, or a specific type? Could something like Supernatural angels' smite or Balefire count as Almighty damage?
>>
So, has anyone done anything interesting with the Amazo Memory Backup from Young Justice? Not the obvious applications like copying all your powers into cybernetics for your allies, or things like that. More the subtle but very impressive applications of breaking the laws of physics in your tech. Like, I recently realized that if I could copy Meltdowner from Raildex into my computers, I could make really easy quantum computation. Convert an entire block of processors into the wave-particle dual state, entangle them and get massive computing power that way.
>>
I've got 300 points left in Dragon Age and no idea what to do with 'em. Any advice for a Mage build?
>>
>>46443860
Why not both?
>>
Jump #16: Light of Terra - Deadlight Unbroken - Part 1: Why Does This Happen to Me?
Companion: Necron Tomb Spyder
Perk: Luck of the Damned (-200CP)
Cybernetics: Total recall (-150CP)
Allies: Aquill Lejens, Kin of Iron
Enemies: Wargars, Redeemers, Void Walkers, Pale Sons
Damaged Systems: Atmospherics

I didn't now where I was. After the usual post jump dizziness with a ting of euphoria, I'd expected to come to my senses with Sans nearby making horrible puns, and Her offering the usual selection of overpowered abilities and items, but all I saw were walls the color of rust and small piles of rubbish everywhere. I heard some screaming and saw a few flickers of her, and I reached out to Her, took a few steps, and felt my breath instantly vanish from my body.

>Lady Akhena! Don't worry, i'll save you!
>Lady Akhena? Also, are those my lungs?
>Yes, Lady Akhena. The inferior fleshy organs seemed to be causing you considerable distress, so I replaced them.
...Alright, a slightly faulty Necron is still exponentially better then nothing.

Captain Grigobretz is a welcome sight at this point. A sight that's talking so fast I can barely make out what he's saying, but Tomby seems to listening aptly and...recording(?) the conversation, so I'll ask him what's up later. He offered us the use of his pre-heresy autodoc and his trophies, though I took nothing from that. After getting an implant to allow me to remember all that I had learned in my past 150 years of traveling, I looked around the trophy room, and saw It.

The item powerful enough to keep gods at bay in a universe where a sub-reality is shaped by the thoughts of the living. I take a minute to think things over. Would She be forgiving or me abandoning her? The others would more likely than not forgive me, but if she ended this journey, then everyone would be stuck in my home dimension, with no way to ever see any of our friends again. Before I could decide, the decision was taken from me.
>>
>>46443264
Not so long as it's priced appropriately to its benefits. If you drop it to 50 CP and make it work against all mind-affecting things ever, yeah, but that's also just poor jump design. If it's not just a powergrab, you're good.
>>
>>46445946
Almighty is not Holy, that's the Light element. Almighty is a non-elemental, non-physical damage type. It covers damage that can't be resisted through immunity. Raw toughness can tank it, but there's no way to no-sell it. The only way to survive Almighty is if you're really strong, you can't cheat it. The absolute best you can get is Resist Almighty, which just halves the damage, there's no Null, Absorb, or Reflect Almighty. So conventional defenses actually would work, if you had a durable enough one. And things like Smite or Balefire would probably count as something similar and ignore SMT immunities, too.
>>
>>46445959
I'm working on getting everything done but so I've used miniaturization and efficiency along with soft physics from worm to create a smart fog that makes things more like The universe depicted in Felix the cat cartoons and old Betty Boop shows
>>
>>46446101
Good thing we have defenses and immunities from outside SMT to buff our defenses.
>>
>>46446045
Cont.

The Captain had arranged alliances with a couple tribes and sent us out with his emblem. The Kin of Iron were basically a requirement if we wanted the engines repaired anytime soon, and the Aquill because they were the best soldiers on this ship and could probably beat any other tribe, despite being the smallest numbers wise. The Kin would also prove useful for their connections to the other tribes.

We met the Wargars next, who proved surprisingly easy to convert to my side. All I had to do was beat their leader, some hulking brute, in a fight, which proved easy enough to do with my hard-earned knowledge of the Thousand Cuts style. It might not have been enhanced by Chi anymore, but the style was perfectly serviceable. After the fight is over, there was a big "feast" made mostly out of vermin and mushrooms. The Wargars and I got along surprisingly well, and I did my best to teach them the Way of the Closed Fist.

After a couple weeks worth of traveling, we reached the territory of the Void Walkers, who lived on the opposite side of the ship from pretty much everyone else. They challenged me to best their champion in a race across the ship through deadly territory. It was pretty easy, considering that I no longer had to breath and exercised daily. The Voidwalkers took their loss like a champ and showed us things. The Void Walkers knew the safest routes through the riskiest areas of the ship, so travel time was lessened considerably.

We next traveled to the Redeemers, which only took us a week! For a refreshing change of pace, they were willing to sign up without some contest or whatever. We began the journey to the territory of the Pale Sons, confident in our ability to persuade them to join us on our quest to repair the ship.
>>
>>46446176
Yes. Like I said, defense buffs will work. If you can make yourself really durable then Almighty damage won't be more of a threat to you than other damage types. Magic immunity should probably work, too, given that a high magic defense stat can protect you from Almighty damage. It's just that there's no specific immunity to Almighty possible. It's not an automatic instant kill.
>>
>>46445946
>>46446101 has the right idea, mechanically. Thematically, Almighty fits divine destruction. Above the hosts of heaven, below the pits of hell, or among the outer limits of whatever equivalent exists in the pantheon in question, some big name has decided that something or someone has overstayed their welcome and should just not _be_ anymore. Bigger things (physically and spiritually) take more effort to erase, but nothing is immune.

I suspect most of Almighty's inviolable nature has to do with all things within SMT being the creations of said divine entities. A sort of "I made you, so I can certainly unmake you" deal. Whether that property holds up in other sandboxes is debatable.
>>
>>46446066
Nah. It would be either 400 CP or a capstone item and only work on psionic abilities.
>>
>>46446021
Arcane Warrior.
>>
>>46446205
Cont.

We never even got to their territory. From what Tomby told me, about a mile or so out, a Pale Sons sniper took a shot at me. Luckily, the bullet ricoched off the helmet I always wore into the ceiling. However, I was knocked out for a cople days afterwards. The others dragged my body to the nearest friendly fort while fending off attacks by by the Pale Sons. They made it to the fort, which happened to be made by the Lejens, and proceeded to reinforce the defences as much as they could.

They managed to get communications up with the other factions shortly before I woke, and the news was grim. After their ambush on our caravan/travelling diplomatic party, the Pale Sons had apparently sent some signal and now everyone was under seige. The fears about their numbers appear to have been gratified, because they were seemingly trying to bury us under an ocean of men.

Taking all this in, I got on the line with everyone else and began trying to organize a plan.. After a few days of arguing, we had a simple but good plan. The Kin, with the aid of the Void Walkers, were going to block every passage they could, anyway they could. The Lejens were going to serve as their bodyguards and prevent a breakout. The Wargar and the Redeemers were going to rescue us and escort me and Tomby to the home of the Pale Sons so that we might negotiate a treaty.

Soon, days of fighting turn to weeks, weeks to months, and months to years. We were eventually rescued, but suffered a lot of casualties and had to retreat. The Pale Sons are vicious fighters, fighting tooth and nail for reasons I couldn't fathom. They poisoned our water and food supplies. They blew up their own bases with as many of us inside as they could get. They burnt their supplies to keep it out of our hands. As bad as thiings were though, it was in Year 6 that things turned truly awful.
>>
>>46445959
Well combine it with starro tech and some nanite and you could give people magic as well as superpowers.

>>46446150
Thats a awesome idea. Wish I thought of it.
>>
>>46446591
Don't encourage him.
>>
>>46446591
Not quite. You can give people teachable or inheritable magic systems such as DnD or Harry Potter magic.
>>
File: blankstare.gif (823 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
blankstare.gif
823 KB, 500x343
>>46445959
Define interesting? We've mainly been copying the Path to Victory into, well, basically any AI we create to vastly improve its' processing power since AIs can't get headaches. Personally we had the Pyrokinesis esper power and we're not sure how useful copying that into things would be. Being made of fire doesn't seem like a useful trick for an AI. Effectively miniaturised particle accelerators on the other hand...

Though the Quantum Mind from Supreme Commander is, since it effectively grants technopathic control which is a great boon for AIs to seize control of local technolog. Especially with Sohon capabilities and the Planetary Consciousness-level psychic potential from Alpha centauri, this basically functions as an adaptive toolkit for AIs to solve problems ranging from terraforming to economic crises.

Being able to install TOWER CONNECT mentalities in Songstone AIs is also great. Which really gets crazy once our Video Conduit powers, Reload from Biomega and Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger from Blame! since it effectively allows the AIs to apply the limited data we gathered on Entity wavelength sciences from Cortex Command's Founder option by basically attuning their hardlight constructs to their opponents' weaknesses on a submolecular level.
>>
>>46446150
>miniaturization and efficiency along with soft physics from worm

You're only allowed one Worm power, dude. Unless you're wanking it you're allowed 2 which wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>46446591
thank you, and since one of my cultures defining technologies is von Neumann nanomachines have spread throughout the planet and everyone on it, making things much much more cartoonish. I haven't gone of it yet but I'm working on it, giving everyone and everything cartoon physics seems like a tempting fate you know? Oh well, my chain is a the Osbournes/Anna Nicole show reality show after all.
>>
>>46446670
I'd presume he's working with companions (who can be imported into Worm to get powers).
>>
>>46446670
they're not my powers, remember you can have companions with powers? I have one with compound computation, one with reverse engineering, one with miniaturization and efficiency.
>>
>>46446670
You can use ABM on your companions' powers, too. Presumably he's copying Soft Physics into tech that way.
>>
>>46446731
you can? I thought YJ anon said you couldn't ? I was planning on working around that using my amazo ability to copy powers to copy their powers then have that power updated in the next jump.
>>
>>46446776
I'm pretty sure he said that, yeah.
>>
>>46446731
actually I'm the one who took soft physics, it's benchmarked at the movie version of the mask so it's pretty damn powerful and one of the better reality warping perks you can get, in jump chain.
>>46446867
I remember him saying the opposite after I specifically asked, he said it had the data to replicate your powers, not that it had the data to reverse engineer powers into machines. The difference is that it has data to make mechanical versions of powers rather than the data to allow you to make powers into mechanical versions. But I have a really bad memory so he'll probably be on tomorrow and give us the ruling, in the meantime I'm not going to go against what I remember and it's not like it's that big a deal anyway.
>>
>>46441130
Thanks brah.
>>
File: smugdr.png (283 KB, 480x620) Image search: [Google]
smugdr.png
283 KB, 480x620
>>46446101
>No way to n-sell it.

Is that so?
>>
File: GIRI GIRI EYE 2.webm (542 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
GIRI GIRI EYE 2.webm
542 KB, 640x360
So.

Why is agility the best stat for looking cool?
>>
>>46446731
>>46446776
>>46446978
I don't believe I said that you could use ABM to do that. I did rule once that if you use Savage Salvage to eat Amazo in the Young Justice Jump, then you can use his copying ability on others and can then use ABM to grant the powers that you copied, which might be where the confusion is coming from. Otherwise, ABM is just for powers that you have or get in the future.
>>
File: ps1495.gif (605 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
ps1495.gif
605 KB, 650x450
>>46447157
>Why is Pulchritude the best stat for looking cool?
FTFY.
>>
File: thank you gun detective.png (237 KB, 540x356) Image search: [Google]
thank you gun detective.png
237 KB, 540x356
>>46447132
Bruh you do realize Baldr was in SMT4 and he didnt have his All Resists right? He's only a level 29 Genma too, he's low shit

He was even WEAK TO GUN
>>
>>46447182
I must have misunderstood. Well, still useful. Guess I'll just have to absorb Amazo.
>>
>>46447157
because it's the one with the best moves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkGpSSRhLu0
>>46447182
okay so it won't work on companions right off the bat, but my workaround will help. thanks.
>>
File: Mehko.png (351 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Mehko.png
351 KB, 480x480
>>46447194
I haven't looked at SMT 4 yet. Currently don't have time to sit down with it due to finals hell. I would hope they'd take out his plot device power from another game where he wasn't a walking murder barrier. Saying nothing can resist it in series isn't strictly true if we're talking about the game line as a whole. Outside of that one game though? Yes.

So I'm pleasantly surprised to see nobody trying to game that with data drain or other such nonsense.
>>
>>46447367
Yeah, but "weak to mistletoe" is a more easy to abuse power than "weak to Almighty", so I'm not sure why anyone would want it.
>>
>>46447393
What doesn't kill you from same jump, anon. Building an immunity is possible since it isn't an instakill. Although it gets back into being invulnerable is boring.
>>
>>46447473
It's much more simpler to me-his invincibility is founded on everything ON THAT EARTH agreeing not to harm him so logically outside the jump he wouldn't be particularly invincible beyond being an SMT being of power.
>>
Wait, so is the Junkyard a computer program?
>>
>>46447558
Yes. Also a parallel dimension. There's not much of a difference, in Digital Devil Saga. All reality is data, all data is reality. You might be able to hack it, but given what happens in canon when that's done you're more likely to just collapse it. Be very careful.
>>
>>46447653
What would that mean for me post-jump?
>>
>>46447693
Not much. You'd be a demon, and those can be hacked to alter their traits...but it's a really bad idea. It goes wrong more often than not. Best to not try it, at least not on yourself. Maybe after a lot of experimentation with other demons. The science perks in the Devil Survivor jumps would help.
>>
>>46447653
What does that mean if you've got technopathy / data control perks (e.g. from Kid Radd, The Matrix, Generic Virtual World, etc)?
>>
>>46446506
Cont.

Monstrous creatures of chitin and flesh and stony shells from the forgotten depths of the ship were forced to the "surface" by the Atmospherics systems shutting down. The Kin were the first to notice, with numbers so few that every loss was felt. Their tales were corroborated by the Lejens, whose missing soldiers had until then been thought to be because of Pale Sons ambushes. Fortified outposts soon started disappearing, and then two major bases, one under assault by the Pale Sons, simply vanished.

A council was called to discuss what to do. The Pale Sons were invited, but they never sent a response. It was decided that we return to the original plan: Re-activate the warp engine and get to the repair depot ASAP. Hopefully the creatures would reurn to their nests when the atmo was repaired. What was left of the Wargars and Redeemers would join us, but the Lejens would provide the bulk of our forces. The Voidwalkers, poor, brave bastards that they were, volunteered to be scouts.

We slowly made our way to the engines, Tomby leading the way with his sensors, which were barely able to detect the creatures. Soon, less than half of the 100 Void Walker scouts that had set out returned with their report. Most of the corridors were crawling with the beasts, but for one series of wide corridors, which, with a group as large as ours, was our safest option. We moved as quickly as possible, a hundred Lejens and twice that many Wargar traveling down the wide corridors with make-shift lights.
>>
>>46447761
You seem to know a lot about it, your jumps?
>>
I've got new capstones for EMH; tell me what you think:

Retcon Proof- Your existence is ensured; time travel, and other supernatural effects that would threaten your existence (as in, the fact that you exist/existed, not things that can kill you) have no effect on you. This protection extends to any living ancestors, as well as to your companions. (600 CP, discount Drop In)

Superior - You’ve grown into your powers and abilities quite well, to the point where you can easily use them in creative or unusual ways that others might not expect; in fact, you’re mastery of your own powers has allowed you to, to a certain extent, do the same with the abilities of others- easily figuring out the limits of their own abilities, as well as how you can use their own strengths against them. (600 CP, discount Drop In)

Fight As One- You are surprisingly in tune with those that fight alongside you; you have near perfect awareness of their current state at all times, and with enough awareness of their abilities you can combo your attacks together in a way that makes each strike more effective and devastating than the last. (600 CP, discount Agent)

Hyper Reflexes- Your reflexes are near superhuman; you can easily dodge or block almost anything that’s thrown at you and, any skills that you have might look instinctual with how quickly and naturally you use them- and that’s before taking into consideration any powers that you might have. Your reflexes scale with how fast you are; if you have super speed, for example, you will be able to react with ridiculous speed. (600 CP, discount Agent)

Cont...
>>
>>46447774
Cont.

Then, on the second day of the journey, the slaughter started. One or two men at a time disappeared, their screams rushing our footsteps. They didn't seem to like the scent of the Wargars gunpowder, so we used it in an amount that even they thought of as excessive. We were nearly there when they ambushed us. They dropped in from holes in the ceiling, claws and talons sawing through the soldiers. I fire a few shots off, and get lucky, killing a couple. Tomby and I run, making a break for the engine room that, according to reports, was only a corridor away.

The Kin of Iron, Lejens, Void Walkers, and half the Wargar followed us, the other half stayed behind to buy us time. We made it inside, sealed the door, and proceeded to fortify as much as possible, because fuck relying on the door to keep those things out. Everyone not needed to repair the engines turned their guns on the door or the ceiling. Soon, the Kin and Tomby had finished repairing the engine and got the Gellar Field to full effectiveness. I experience my first time in the Warp, clutching the Deadlight so that it might prevent a daemon from thinking my head would be a fun thing to explode out of.
>>
>>46447813
Pym’s Protégé- You can synthesize and utilize Pym Particles to achieve scientific wonders; increasing or decreasing objects and living creatures in size, density, and weight. The exact details of how Pym Particles work are a bit fuzzy, perhaps even to Hank Pym, but they seem to have near limitless potential. Growth is capped at around the size of a large building, while shrinking can go down to subatomic levels. (600 CP, discount Scientist)

Gamma Radiation Expert- Like Bruce Banner, you’ve got considerable knowledge about Gamma radiation. Now normally exposure to Gamma radiation would result in unpleasant side effects- cancer, death, tumors, bad breath- but you’ve discovered a way to expose others to Gamma radiation in a way that grants them superhuman abilities. This works best on humans- aliens and other creatures might be enhanced with some fine tuning, but individuals who already possess super human abilities can have an adverse reaction due to the Gamma radiation not only mutating their bodies, but their powers as well, leading to decreased intelligence, unpredictable or animalistic mutations, and possibly even death. The strength and types of mutations depend on how much Gamma radiation is used, and while the mutations are random some additional study can be done on those you have enhanced to pinpoint what genes result in which mutations, allowing you too eventually choose exactly what mutations occur. It is unlikely that you will create someone as strong as the Hulk. (600 CP, discount Scientist)

Cont...
>>
>>46447776
No, just an SMT nerd.
>>
>>46447852
Rogue’s Gallery- You’re seen as someone to rally behind; you can easily recruit others when you share a common goal, and can convince people that would normally be at each other’s throats to work together for a common cause- whatever that may be. If the threat or reward is great enough, you may even be able to convince so-called “heroes” to work with those who would normally antagonize them; though their loyalty or willingness to work with their enemies will most likely end once their common goal is reached. (600 CP, discount Villain)

Master Planner- Your scheming ability could rival Dr. Dooms; your penchant for plots is astounding, and the amount of contingencies and fail safes you can seamlessly integrate into your plans almost assures that, even if you “fail”, you’ll still win in some other way. (600 CP, discount Villain)

And there we go. I should mention that the old Villain capstone that basically allows you to access your powers/abilities/physical attributes across forms is now the capstone Power for Drop Ins; the capstone Power for Villains is based off of Galactus' ability to imbue others with power as his Heralds. The other capstone powers for Agents and Scientists are based off of the Absorbing Man and Technovore, respectively.
>>
>>46447967
I should also mention that the capstone Powers will cost 800/400 CP, and not 600/300 CP. There's also going to be only one capstone Power for each background.
>>
>>46448069
So when you said capstone in your first post, did you mean 600/300 CP Perk, not the actual 800/400 CP Perk? Also, most of these seem interesting, good job.
>>
>>46447813
>>46447852
>>46447967
>drop in perks

Looks to be on the right track to me, just the right kind of meta. Retcon proof is a little extreme though since that's quite a broad slew of effects you're lolnoping; keep it to time travel and we're good.

>Agent

No complaints here, though I'm a bit puzzled what the scaling reflexes is based on since it sounds like an outright superhuman power

>Scientist
>Rogue

I like it! I have some personal reservations about Pym Particles but those are to do with something Bancho tried to claim he could do ages ago rather than being actual critique

Except, wasn't it Surtr who went around turning people into Heralds in EMH not Galactus?
>>
>>46448140
I think he's distinguishing between powers and perks. Like, these are the capstones for the narrative abilities and personal skills that are covered by perks, and then there's going to be a second table for actual superpowers. And agreed, the perks look good.
>>
>>46442619
Do Angelroids eat?
>>
>>46447813
Actually on second thought-having it extends to companions is a little much since it negates the need to purchase it for imported companions with a drop-in backrgound unlike any of the other capstones
>>
>>46448218
Have to say I like the idea of being retcon proof against some dude telling the ( root / warp / akashic / goddb / maguffin-of-the-week ) to delete me. Make them work for it, y'know?
>>
>>46448257
Yes. They can taste as humans can, too, since canon examples pick up favorite foods after spending time on Earth.
>>
>>46448313
On the one hand, I dunno. Could be cool to have a REAL-off. On the other hand, as written it's outright immunity against absolutely anything anyone from Azathoth waking up to Haruhi or Featherine deciding you're not real can field against you.

I guess it doesn't stop them from dumping a lot of antimatter into you 5 seconds ago or bending space to toss you into a black hole with a thought-or for the real heavy hitters, erasing the concept of your immunity first, THEN targetting your existence. So-there's that.
>>
>>46448376
Yeah, the thing about reality warpers on their level is that being immune to simply being erased doesn't help you all that much.
>>
>>46448219
That makes more sense, I was thinking he would have 100/200/200/400/400/600/600/800, and I would be hemorrhaging CP and have to jump it as Jump #338 and come up with a convoluted plan to survive the drawbacks I would end up taking to purchase enough of the perks to feel satisfied and make sure my companions at least get something. Again.
>>
>>46448411
...you know, I want to kick myself now because-the thing I'm really concerned about is also the thing I keep forgetting to bring up in my posts: The fact that it extends to all companions. It just seems a little unfair since in absolute terms of perk parity since its' effect don't have to be repurchased for imported companions, unlike every other capstone; even the tech perks require a modicum of effort to teach your companions how to do mad science or whatever.
>>
>>46448140
Yep, I'm doing a Skill/Perk section and a Power section. So there are "Capstones" for both sections- the Powers are just more expensive, because I felt that it would be more balanced considering their applications.

>>46448218
>>46448298
>>46448313

Those are some good points about Retcon Proof, but I have to agree with >>46448313 on this one. However >>46448298 has a good point on extending it to companions; I'll change that so it's not redundant if they purchase it.

As for the Hyper Reflexes scaling, I felt that it was appropriate to mention that they did that so they wouldn't be obsolete with enhanced speed. I am a bit on the fence about changing it, since it's technically only a Power if you already have super speed, but it's something to consider.

About the Heralds; there are technically three individuals who can create "Heralds" that we've seen in universe. One of them is Surtur, the other is Galactus (from season 2's finale) and Apocalypse, who is in Wolverine and the X-Men which is a shared universe with EMH.

>>46448457
The Perk structure is 100/100/200/200/300/300/400/400/600/600, while the power structure is similar to that at 200/200/200/200/400/400/400/600/600/800, with a few freebies and appearance altering things. This is for each background, and isn't taking in additional Perks/Powers for the races that I have planned. There's also Items and Companions, and maybe a few Warehouse add-ons.
>>
>>46448615
Eh, that's fair enough. On second thought-like anon said, reality warping's versatile enough to still be a serious challenge.

When you put it like that about Hyper Reflexes I'm a little unsure myself. Your call, really. I can see arguments on both sides for it staying relevant as a purchase and arguments for Agent supposing to be the mundane badass option but then again they do have a capstone power as well so yeah.

Would you mind if we're free to fluff an aesthetic theme for granting Herald powers-or maybe even have a 100-200 CP perks for making those aesthetics useful in various ways? I've yet to seen Galactus or Apocalypse but I rather like the look of Surtur's fire posession.
>>
What I've got so far:
http://pastebin.com/KriUzRyy

Not sure about the Criminal background, since I'm mostly going off of Gambit, who had, what, 20 minutes of screentime? But I needed another background since the Military one was too close to Experiment.
Anyway, I'll drop it if it's too out of place.
>>
>>46448735
It's funny that you mention that aesthetics thing; there's going to be an option in the Powers section that lets you change the aesthetics of the powers that you've purchased- such as changing the color of your fire or lightning. The base level would be free, while purchasing it would allow your powers to have more pronounced effects- such as super durability manifesting as rocklike/metallic skin, or having pyrokinetic abilities engulf you in flames.
>>
>>46448868
Oh, and you'll start out with 400 extra CP to spend on Powers. 600 for Experiments.
>>
>>46445544
What if one if your allies can do it a the drop of a hat?
>>
>>46448868
I like what you have so far.
I don't think Criminal as a background is too out of place, but I'm probably not the best judge of that.
>>
>>46448898
That works perfectly for me, thank you! I was actually hoping of doing something with hardlight and pixels, with the purchasable version. I love me some hardlight pixels in my powers. And skintight black bodysuits and tronlines but that's another kettle of aesthetics.
>>
>>46448218
No the retcon proof is fine as is.
>>
>>46447182
Isn't it just an item with information on it? Couldn't anyone who is smart enough to understand it figure out how to make tech with their powers?
>>
>>46448868
Perhaps something more related to espionage? I take it the criminal background is supposed to reflect mystique/raven? Maybe something about people being ok with you switching sides?
>>
>>46449153
If you'd scrolled down a little more you'd have seen I'd actually agreed after talking to YJanon and another anon
>>
>>46449196
My internets a bit slow and theres where i was at the time.
>>
File: 01983450918435.gif (2 MB, 388x218) Image search: [Google]
01983450918435.gif
2 MB, 388x218
>>46447813
>>46447852
>>46447967
>>46448898

>>46448868

You two cannot comprehend the level of hype I am feeling right now.
>>
>>46449159
My intention was that it can only be used to replicate your powers, and your powers only.
>>
>>46443428
What does Grimdarkness do precisely? It sounds cool, but damned if I can figure out what it does.
>>
>>46447852
>Growth is capped at around the size of a large building, while shrinking can go down to subatomic levels.
What if we're already bigger than a large building?
>>
What jumps besides Shadowrun will help me improve my Rigger skills?

I want to make a crap ton of robots, control them, and not have to go outside because I'm a shut-in.
>>
>>46449505
You could probably go bigger- how much so would depend on how big you are in comparison to a building. After a while you'd get diminishing returns from using Pym Particles, to the point where any growth would be hardly noticeable.
>>
How do the gadgets in the Arrowverse compare to the comics? I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it to pick up gadgeteer or not.
>>
File: 03783.gif (234 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
03783.gif
234 KB, 650x450
>>46449474
From what I can tell it gives you an super mode with the ability to fly, use it's dark aura to project thorny tentacles, and a general boost to dark or eldritch magic.
>>
>>46449576
Supreme Commander has a bunch of perks that would lend well to making and controlling a crap ton of robots from the security of your basem- er, bunker. It even includes your very own mobile "bunker" complete with the ability to make endless robots...
>>
>>46448988
Debatable truly. It would probably be more powerful then if you could make it "rain" since its not you but you are still aware they can do it. It would be more akin to not being able to use it unless an ally was assisting you which can be a form of limitation.

Again, the Nen power is yours. Its aware of if you are lying to yourself. If you state it will never work on Women and then go use it on a women stating, "Well I meant a lady. She wasn't lady like." then you are just lying to yourself and the power would be aware of it.

Best to stick to easy limitations, vows and restrictions like once a week, only works on family, have to pray every day, and other such easily definables.
>>
File: Anima__Al_Djinn_by_Wen_M.jpg (628 KB, 1098x1586) Image search: [Google]
Anima__Al_Djinn_by_Wen_M.jpg
628 KB, 1098x1586
>>46449628
>and a general boost to dark or eldritch magic.
Well, that’s definitely something I have got to get. Thank you for the answer.
>>
I have a career model question. Specifically about Makeover Montage.
There are several surgeries that you can learn to do in chain to grant people super powers, can you use Makeover Montage just to make it so you apply some topical cream or dress them up as if they had had the surgery? If you had the skills to do the surgery in the first place of coarse.
Also unrelated but kind of curious can you change someone's sex with this by dressing them in the clothes of the other sex?
>>
>>46449628
Would you get the physical characters of grimdarkness, and would they hold over through the jump?

being able to speak only in gibberish would be annoying as fuck
>>
File: Companions.png (95 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
Companions.png
95 KB, 500x346
>>46449857
If I were to say, you would probably have them while active, and you will probably have issues terminating it without some toggling perks before the Jump ends, and be able to terminate it at will afterwards. As for the speech, it will probably be an issue while you have it active.
>>
>>46449048
Thanks.

>>46449184
I like that idea. There's plenty in the series to base an espionage/merc background on.
>>
>>46442706
Also question, does having anti-sustenance perks remove the need to consume demon flesh? Not that I have a problem doing so, just curious.
>>
>>46448868
Looks great. Can gravity manipulation make areas of altered gravity that stay altered for a long time? Like a room where the east wall is 'down'.
>>
>>46450332
I'm going to say you can set up an area like that and keep it running as long as you're still conscious and in range of the effects.
>>
>>46449340
Might want to add that to your eventual update notes. As a perk I would have assumed it only works for you, but as an item only you can buy I assumed it could be used by anyone with the smarts to comprehend the Amazo technology.

Or maybe allow companions to purchase it, since only they would be able to use it... Actually that could be abused really badly, I see why you wanted to only work for the jumper themselves.
>>
>>46449991
Okay cool
>>
>>46442706
I'm here, and yeah, I'm keeping the origin as is. As for the drawback, I'm currently weighing that and the other idea with no memories/history, no transformation.
>>46450135
No, at least not in-Jump. Consuming demon flesh/magnetite is just what fuels your demon form. Post-Jump, I'd say maybe, but keep in mind that the demon form in canon requires a lot of food to fuel it, so we'll see.
>>
Is Dracula a viable Servant for Type-Moon?
>>
>>46450942
Vlad Tepes is and there's some interactions he has with the legend of Dracula, so you'd need to go for him.
>>
>>46450942
Yes, but if you give him vampire powers he'll be furious with you.
>>
>>46450942
Dracula? No, because Vlad Tepes is the incarnation of himself and the vampire at once. You can choose to give him his Legend of Dracula and Innocent Monster NP/Skill, which would make him more like the vampire, especially when using the NP. You could also summon a different version of Vlad in Fate/Extra if you want.
>>
>>46449616
It's based on Cisco Ramon'a ability to whip out some funky shit. He's made a lot of the weapons and armor for both Team Arrow & Flash as well over half the team in Legends of Tomorrow are wearing or using his stuff. White Canary suit, Snarks & Rory's elemental guns, Firestorm's quantum splicer. That leaves the Hawks, Palmer, and Rip as the only ones not using his tech or suits.

http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/Cisco_Ramon#See_also
>>
>>46451043
Wasn't the Vlad from Fate/Extra batshit insane?
>>
>>46451475
I think so, been a while since I played Extra and Vlad there was a lot more forgettable then his other version in Apocrypha.
>>
>>46451490
In fairness, that's less because Vlad was a bad character(He was okay) and more because Extra, especially CCC, was fucking insane. Speaking of which, the final boss for CCC was...something.
>>
>>46451522
At least a version of it isnt used by an actual serva-
>Medb
Okay yeah lets not touch that
>>
>>46451522
Complete global saturation
>>
>>46451522
I'd say it's more an issue of him being bland compared to everyone around him, base Extra didn't really get too crazy till Buddha and I don't think Vlad was in CCC, but I may be mistaken. Even base Extra had a lot cooler servants like Li Shuwen and Lu Bu, along with old favourites like EMIYA and Cu Chulainn. CCC made it even worse by adding in Gilgamesh, Karna, Liz etc. Vlad's all right, but he just doesn't stand out compared to everyone else in the game, save I guess Robin Hood.
>>
>>46451550
Agreed, the less said about that the better.
>>46451551
Three innocent(?) words that become so wrong with context.
>>46451557
Yeah, that was the main problem, Vlad was okay in a game where everyone else had at least something unique and cool about them.
>>
From Super Robot Wars,

>Genocide Machine (400)- You're a member, or you've been in contact with a member of the Zuvorg Alliance (They'll be introduced and named as "Inspectors" and "Guests" by themselves and EFA until this reveal of their true name) , a galactic alliance of human looking aliens, and as a result have information regarding their technology.

>The Zuvorg Alliance has a very different comprehension of energy, as it can get balled up, and then projected as powerful lasers, massive fields of arcing electricity, containment fields that then explode, among other possibilities.

>Besides energy, robots of the Zuvorg Alliance have generally better performance compared to Earth made robots, showing it off with weapons like supersonic whips with beam buzzsaws or armor that shifts around to accommodate internal oversized cannons.

Exactly how insane energy manipulation are we talking about? Would it work on more exotic energies like gravitational beams (Blame!) or magical fireballs since SRW apparently has some pseudo-shamanistic giant robot magitech going on? At the risk of invoking Wildbow's Law, how does the Zuvorg Alliance and Earth Federation's advanced energy science compare to Scion's?
>>
>>46451681
Haven't read Worm so I really cant care.

Here's a collection of clips of the relevant suits the perk is based off of, you'll see the energy messery mostly in regards to their finisher moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vh0fFjOY9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cek7T2rbkIg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS_nDbDzimE

Considering Super Robot Wars does get gravity weapons I wouldn't put it past a degree of adaptation in that aspect, though for Genocide Machine it's meant to be like actual electricity or just energy that can be derived from physics, magic stuff is exactly what the Masoukishin origin Elementalist and the appropriate engine is for. That being said the videos are there to help you feel out what's meant to be by manipulation
>>
File: brainfuck.jpg (225 KB, 500x541) Image search: [Google]
brainfuck.jpg
225 KB, 500x541
>>46451743
Oh okay, thanks! I'd really rather not bring up Worm but I needed a metric for really impressive energy attacks and I already had some ideas for magitech so-

>1:35

what

How does that even

/why/

I'm starting ot see why you priced the Scientist perk tree so high, I can't decide if I'm watching cartoon physics or some sort of Lovecraftian horror's yo-yo
>>
>>46451846
Clearly it exploits 4th dimensional rotation
>>
File: GOTTA GO FAST.gif (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
GOTTA GO FAST.gif
2 MB, 1440x1080
>>46451846
Anon

You must go FAST

But seriously it is just probably whipping a giant energy buzzsaw REALLY FAST
>>
So I have a question about marvel cinematic universe's Extremis formula.
Is there any way to safely use this without it possibly turning someone in to a bomb? Also is it safe to use with the super solder serum?
>>
>>46451890
Centipede Project was basically that.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Centipede_Project
>>
>>46451862
...I don't know what that is, but it sure sounds like it could spiral out of control if left to its' own devices.

I was going to fuse this stuff with Necron technology and Gravity furnace technology to make those work together better, but now I'm hoping the other two will make this tomfoolery make more sense somehow.

>>46451877
That's just it! What kind of aboslute madman sat down one day and decided "hey, you know what space warfare needs? Giant robot saw yo-yos!"

Think about how much time R&D spent guaging the tensile strength of a material flexible enough to serve as an elastic cable and calculating the terminal velocity of a preprogrammed pattern to whip those things without entangling the pilot and vehicle by accident (unless she's doing all that by herself which raises even more questions). Think about all the people who asked why they didn't use the time and resources to build something more straightforward like an energy cannon and some missiles-or worse, THOUGHT THIS WAS A TOTALLY GOOD IDEA.
>>
>>46451920
Why wouldn't it be a good idea? This is a super robot universe, the Rule of Cool is an actual physical law there. Beam cannons and missiles are never as effective as the crazy weird weapons, not unless you make them just as extravagant.
>>
>>46451920
If robot yoyos are what confuse you a lot, behold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxQG4d6DqWQ

Also geez Moon Dwellers is slowly happening so that'll be fun to account for, dunno if there'll be an update, probably depends how much gets introduced. We SRW J/GC now boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4-PL1dQWeU
>>
>>46451982
Ah, G Burnkwaran. I fucking love that guy. It's like Baron Doban's delinquent kid.
>>
I come bearing good news and bad news about A Certain Magical Index, for those who aren't in the know:

The good news? Imagine Breaker's true nature has been more or less confirmed as basically a really, really buff Noble Phantasm made from wizards who want to go back to being normal

The bad news? Something has shown up that can overpower it. And it has convinced me the series has gone batshit insane.

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Kamisato_Kakeru#Difference_with_Imagine_Breaker
>>
>>46452268
>And it has convinced me the series has gone batshit insane.
Really? Took you this long?
>>
>>46452283
Look, I KNOW about the Majins and awakening and shit.

But now the BBEG is literally Justice Lord Touma and-look, the harem magnet aspect of IB has been confirmed to be a canon effect! This is. This has to be some kind of self-parody.

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Kamisato_Faction
>>
>>46452307
I thought it was confirmed as a canon effect a long time ago. Or was it just theorized to be one by the characters and never explicitly stated to be the case?
>>
>>46452320
Theorised, yeah.

But now. It appears the Majins literally made something that causes harems to happen as an actual effect some fucking how.
>>
>>46452335
Well that's dumb and lazy
>>
File: P23KX.png (202 KB, 542x304) Image search: [Google]
P23KX.png
202 KB, 542x304
>>46452335
Pheremones.
>>
>>46452455
Nanomachines.
>>
>>46452464
Son
>>
>>46452335
>causes harems to happen as an actual effect some fucking how.
To be fair, fucking around with magic to... well, fuck around with magic is a pretty old concept.
But yes, the series only gets crazier.
>>
>>46452488
I mean I could probably create some kind of harem spell, given enough time and motivation.
Then I could cast that on side characters or protagonists in certain jumps and fuck up the whole plot.
>>
105. Shrek
Origin: Drop-in
Perks: Musical Burst, Animal Form (-200), Super-Strength (-400), Dragon (-400)

Year 50 as a dragon and it's starting to get old. Big, scary monster was never my bag. Knights are idiots that want to slay me for some reason while I chill out in a cave. And for the most part when you capture them and store them in towers, they become pretty nice. Maybe they just like being locked up with delicious food and creature comforts, or maybe it's just Stockholm syndrome.

Either way, I ended up with a forest of towers full of knights that had to be rescued. And they were, of course. Shrek and Fiona had use for an army for some reason, and a group of fat ex-knights was just the thing. I didn't involve myself much with the plots, only noting that the timelines would occasionally shift back and forth, as was their whim. When they showed up, I won't say I was startled, but I was annoyed enough to not bother with a triumphant return for the climax of whatever plot line that was. The knights came back later, and there was one of those standard make-up parties that happen for these movies. I didn't take them back, but it was a nice gesture.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 332x418) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 332x418
TEEN TITANS (9)
--LOCATION--
Jump City
--HISTORY--
Athlete (900cp)
Human, Male, 14yo
--POWERS, ABILITIES, & SKILLS--
•Martial Arts (Wing Chun)
•Peak Human Conditioning (800cp)
•Super Speed (600cp)
•Rogue (500cp)
--ITEMS & COMPANIONS--
•Costume
•Theme Song
•Allowance (400cp)
•Utility Belt (200cp)
--COMPANIONS--
•Import (-200cp)
->Leliana [800cp]
-Human, F, 14yo
-Mystery
•Empathy [750cp]
•Probability Manipulation [450cp]
•Peak Human Condition [250cp]
•Rogue [150cp]
•[ITEM] Communicators [100cp]
•[ITEM] Personal Weapon [Laser Bow] [0cp]
•[ITEM] Costume
•[ITEM] Theme Song
->Elizabeth Utarefson [800cp]
-Tamaranean, F, 16 [0cp]
-Mystery
•[ITEM] Costume
•[ITEM] Theme Song
--DRAWBACKS--
•Coveted (0cp)

T-E-E-N TITANS, LETS GO! Oh boy, it's Teen Titans. Looks like we're part the Titans. Seeing how Kid Flash is already an honorary member, I take up the name Impulse. Leliana was Artemis and Elizabeth is Violetfire a cousin of Starfire. We kinda just fit in and lend our strengths to the team. However it would seem that while here we attracted some weirdo, I mean WEIRDO. He's a big fanboy and is always trying something. I can't count the number of times he's tried to "own" us. Other than that it was a pretty relaxing trip. I think the benefactor wished to show Elizabeth that there are better places. She got long swimmingly with Starfire and even Raven. It was a fun trip, and I hope my next trip is as fun and eventful as this one.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.