[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fluffing out craftworld Bel'Aslyn Thread 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 14
File: farseer 2.png (641 KB, 900x836) Image search: [Google]
farseer 2.png
641 KB, 900x836
So, we made some progress in fluffing out our lovable space frost elflings, but the thread died.
Lets carry on shall we.

Previous thread
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46386675/

And don't forget to vote for it on the archives.

Now before the thread died, we were starting to make good progress. Lets continue, shall we.
>>
The enchantments on the blades of Bel'Aslyn are potent. Largely out of contact with their kin, the remaining Craftworlders decided long ago to wage war in a way that would make them unique among their kin. The first exarch who became the avatar of the bloody handed, had a blade that was enchanted with runes of ice. Until that dire hour, the Craft world didn't need to feed the god of murder and ask for his protection.

The Craft world would save the eldar by drawing the world spirit into the craftworld, while the Seer council would stand united and freeze the planet solid. In this way, the children of Asuryan planned to stop the forces of the Prince of Pleasure and the fell sorcerer Morb'fel Bent

The sorcerer leading the fell forces of She Who Thirsts, saw them attempt this ritual, and not knowing what the eldar planned to do guided the ravening hordes of cultists and pleasure seekers and assaulted the place where the ritual was conducted. If it consumed the seer council, the world would become a world consecrated to the Prince of Dark Pleasures. In this most dire of circumstances, the Bloody handed god's avatar set forth.

To the wonder of the eldar, it didn't burn with the infernal fires of the bloody handed one, it glittered as though it were a being of ice. The weapon it carried burned with a flame that chilled their bones and benumbed their fears.

Led by this unknown apparition of the wargod, the eldar defended the ritual and thus managed to save the souls of their sleeping kin. As the ritual concluded, the entire planet was draped in thick clouds and blinding snowstorms. As the avatar finally disintegrated, the once glittering maiden world was a floating chunk of ice.

Ever since that day, the craftworld has taken to engraving the runes of frost on their weapons.
>>
>>46441881
Now you may have noticed that I changed a few things here, namely change the tyranids to chaos space marines and a cult invading their old world.
>>
File: CommentPhotos_com_1392063191.jpg (45 KB, 625x502) Image search: [Google]
CommentPhotos_com_1392063191.jpg
45 KB, 625x502
>>
>>46442041
now whats that supposed to mean?
>>46441959
this means their CW hero killed a shit ton of space marines, and died because she became an ice demon
>>
File: CWE paintscheme.jpg (156 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
CWE paintscheme.jpg
156 KB, 1440x900
here is the paintscheme we settled on
>>
File: CWE bel'aslyn guardian.jpg (128 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
CWE bel'aslyn guardian.jpg
128 KB, 1440x900
here is a guardian
>>
File: CWE bel'aslyn banshee WIP.jpg (131 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
CWE bel'aslyn banshee WIP.jpg
131 KB, 1440x900
And here is the banshee. Note that it was wip
>>
So, I am thinking of another short story where they freeze orks solid and smash them to bits.
>>
>>46447544
bump
>>
>>46446553
Grobus was the biggest ork in his rok. That meant he was da boss. His oddboy was being erratic and had wanted to krump the pointy ears.

Grobus agreed with him and they had set out upon the rok with his boyz to add some pointy ears to his bosspole. Finding them was a challenge however.

As oddboy painus neared the pointy ear's totems, they were nowhere to be found. What was worse, the air was getting colder. The grots were getting annoyingly grumpy and constantly fighting. It would be enjoyable but the severe cold made it feel worse.

Today grobus woke up and found that they were all frozen solid. He didn't expect that. Once it got warmer, he would leave and leave the madboy on this world. Let him freeze. He heard a crack and saw his boyz get shattered. They must have been frozen solid.

Before long his orks were broken into pieces and the last thing grobus saw was one of them pointy ears staring at him with disgust.
>>
I'm gonna try to write some fluff this week. May even get a Warlock Jetbike and paint it in the colors and see how it goes; I've been wanting to make a Heralds of Ruin Kill Team based on Bel'Aslyn since this started.

Probably going to be Jetbikes and Banshees. I may toss in a couple of Rangers to mix it up a bit, though; besides, I figure they may have Rangers to check in on Siberis now-and-then, even if they aren't as prominent as the Banshees or bikers.

Also, speaking of the bikers; are we going to stick with the Warcraft Sentinels theme? Or are we going to base their society a bit off of Saim-Hann and have warrior clans that fight alongside the Banshees? I like the idea of Bel'Aslyn having a sorta Mandalorian-esque organization.
>>
>>46449178
the former. Warcraft night elves in space seem like a badass idea.
>>
File: 1449521081658.jpg (91 KB, 600x843) Image search: [Google]
1449521081658.jpg
91 KB, 600x843
>>46449207
So, what motivation might the bikers have for fighting alongside the Banshees? Are they just citizens doing their duty? Prestige/Honor? Rotational requirement? Perhaps it's where a lot of the men go when they're not sleeping (if nothing else, because there are no female sprues for Windriders)?
>>
>>46449435
is it a necessary thing for chicks not be windriders?

Because banshees drop in close and scream their heads off, and the bikers kill anyone who runs away.
>>
>>46449531
No, but like I said, there are no female sprues for Windriders (as far as I can see; I've never bought a kit, myself), and I figure there's gotta be SOME men on the craftworld to help maintain the population, even if it's low.
>>
>>46449596
I would personally prefer the men to be the healers and stuff, and maybe the farseer and warlocks
The chicks are the rank and file soldiers.
>>
>>46449674
Do we really want to lean that hard on Warcraft, though? I mean, I love Night Elves in their prime>>46449674
To play Devil's Advocate here, do we want to play that hard on the Warcraft Night Elves angle?
>>
>>46450003
sure, Its really not been done. And warcraft night elves have changed since then.
>>
>>46450073
Yeah, fair point; I'd considered the same. It is a unique aspect (ha), as far as 40k goes.
>>
And how do we put ice motifs on wraithlords anyway?
>>
>>46451283
Only thing I can figure is sculpting, like maybe making some of the rounded features jagged to replicate an icicle.

I was just going to stick with the paint scheme for the most part, myself.

In other news, Captcha is giving me an ulcer.
>>
>>
File: 3a06b227ec08e0af4241b5ac63ee5dc7.jpg (251 KB, 1024x1453) Image search: [Google]
3a06b227ec08e0af4241b5ac63ee5dc7.jpg
251 KB, 1024x1453
>>
Last bump of the night.
>>
that will do anon.
>>
bumping again.

there really is no point. We should all make a primarch thread and circlejerk in it.
>>
sorry for the salt
>>
>>46451986
Nice

Do you know the artist, anon?
>>
File: wych.jpg (256 KB, 1024x1453) Image search: [Google]
wych.jpg
256 KB, 1024x1453
>>46454288
no
>>
File: banshee 2.jpg (309 KB, 800x1131) Image search: [Google]
banshee 2.jpg
309 KB, 800x1131
>>46454288

http://celeng.deviantart.com/

Google image search
>>
>>46454317
neat
>>
>>
>>46453247
Something something my primarch is less of a faggot than your primarch something something.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.